• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
- Isa Bianchi -
“The meeting”

“Hello again, Saberon.” Said the trembling old gnome, giving the letter to the blue naga and letting him check his identity. Then he wobbled behind Saberon, playfully complaining about weary bones and thanking him for helping carry the so called broken cart inside.

The old gnome looked around curiously when they reached The Godfather’s den, raising a fuzzy brow at the large spider, and at the surprising and familiar figure that’s sitting in front of a large polar bear. With a coughing laughing, the old gnome took another look around —- checking if anyone was paying attention to him —- and waved back energetically.

“Hello! My, my~ You are a busy body, ain’t ya, Sassy?” Said the smiling old gnome with a mischievous young tone. Suddenly the illusion was subtly burned away, ash floating up as Isa appeared with his usual impish grin. The edges of his dark mauve trench coat licked of tiny blue flames.

“Though I didn’t expect ya to be ’ere too.” He didn’t let down his bike’s illusion as he didn’t want to catch anyone’s attention at the moment.

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

- Savage Gym of Savagery -
"West Lung District , Sanctuary "

The polar bear gave a hearty laugh. "Cut off their tongues and noses, then stick their heads out on the bridge? That bridge'll drop from all the heads, that's half of Sanctuary I'd have to slaughter!"

He waited for his chortling to subside before speaking again. "Ahhh, all the warlords working together, that would be the dream . . . Riding the snow fields under the banner of a Bandit King like the old days . . ." he wistfully looked to the side where a very worn and battered iron helmet sat atop a large bear skull. "It would be easier to work together, it's being willing that's the hard part, people want others to give in to what they want first, before they themselves give anything. What happens is that nobody ends up giving anything."

He chuckled again, then regarded Sassy with a warning look, as though she was being ungracious to the hand that was feeding her. "What I do with my loot," he began slowly, "is none of your business, self-righteous little runt." he growled with the steady eye of a king. "If you cannot afford Sanctuary, then do not come here. Food isn't easy to come by in a frozen mountain like this, and I will not risk submission by starvation to any warlord by giving food to those who cannot pay for me to buy more. "

He listened to her some more and didn't laugh when Sassy read from the book. "So it is fair for you to skip the toll, and after fighting in self-defense, rob one of my men and feed the tavern? And it is also fair for you to attack Ranju and Banton out of the blue, and keep Banton's book?"

Banton caught the book, giving Sassy dagger-looks.

"From what I am hearing, you seem to think it is fair for you to act as you please, punishing whoever wrongs you." said The Godfather. "You're no different from the less-than-savory-obstacles-of-peace who just complain and take for your own reasons. For attacking my men, Sassafras Jenkins, you are to leave Sanctuary by tonight and are banned from returning for a month. Cross our borders and you will be shot on sight and your head mounted on my bridge." he ignored her wager.

He looked to the side when Isa and Saberon appeared. "Rider! You have decided to come, good, good. Come, sit and eat. I have heard of what happened last night." his stern demeanor easily switched back to being relaxed. "You are friends with this Sassafras Jenkins?" he added, surprised at the coincidence.

Katsuya Katsuya Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Sassafras Jenkins
- Sanctuary, West Lung District -
Savage Gym of Savagery​

"You have control of Sanctuary. What is done here is under your eye and your command. You have the power to make those under you fall in line, you just have to be willing to do it and since there are some real dirtbags here, then maybe you should because they deserve it," either she was completely unmoved by his change in demeanor or she just didn't possess the mind to really understand it, but she didn't seem fazed at all when he flexed on her, remaining as she was with her feet on the table, crossed at the ankles and her fingers interlaced with her hands resting on her stomach. She released a puff of air from between her lips, sputtering slightly and rolled her eyes, "considering that the first of your goons that I just tried to talk to outright attacked me, what was I s'pposed ta do with the ones standin' around outside with weapons? Try and talk to them too? They are a little more trigger happy than you seem to think, guy."

"Oh... it's you... uh... what's yer name again?" Sassy said as she glanced back over to the old man as his disguise burned away and he became the not old man. She chuckled as he mentioned he wasn't expecting to see her there and kicked her feet down from the table, leaving her seat, "yeah well, it wasn't really my plan but whatever is whatever, ya' know?"

She let out a sigh then and crossed her arms over her chest as she looked back at the Godfather and stated in her mother's native tongue, "pod pogledot na Uroda, jas sum ḱerka na majka mi."

Both of her palms were then slammed down on the table and she looked at The Godfather closely, her steely blue eyes watching him seriously, "I have no gauntlet to throw down, so consider this it. I had hoped to come to a resolution that would just get me my bird back but seeing that you won't even hear me out, I challenge you to a tournament in three rounds at the end of the week."

She had entered the Gym with a plan to get her bird back and was going to be civil and try to work out a solution for Sanctuary as well, but since the Godfather wasn't as amiable as she had originally thought, this was her next plan, "if I lose, I'll do as you say plus pay twice the toll in order to get Ralph back... but if I win, there will be changes in Sanctuary and they will be implemented by you."

Her words were emphasized with gesticulation, holding up two of her fingers when she mentioned the toll and pointing at the Godfather when she reached the end of the wager that concerned her win. It didn't seem she was interested in whether or not he would accept the challenge because she figured that if he did he would find a way to tell her. Of course if he decided not to, it wasn't going to stop her from getting Ralph back, nor would it stop her from causing more problems for his Carvers. She was a tricky kid and she'd find away.

As if her bravado wasn't enough, she even had the audacity to snatch another piece of spider meat before she moved towards the door, speaking with a chunk of the meat in her mouth, "oh, and Templars have infiltrated your blessed little community, so good luck with that," Sassy cackled as she left the room and headed to check out the hanging farms that the Godfather mentioned.

Zer0 Zer0 Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
the-art-of-solo-a-star-wars-story-concept-art-by-finnian-macmanus-the-spice-mines-of-kessel-3.jpg
- East Lung District -
"Sanctuary "

The sudden slam made the carvers in their room draw their weapons in wariness. The Godfather held up a bear paw. "Ha . . . Hahahaha!" he roared in laughter. "Very well, I accept, but since you have until tonight to get out of my fortress, let's have the fight tonight in the Savage Pit. You can even bring your friends. And since your end of the bargain involves my entire home," He chuckled, looking at his Carvers as though who did this little runt think she was, "if I win, there will be changes in your hometown, or family implemented by you, that or if you have neither home nor family, I will have you watch as I eat your bird, and then I'll stick your head on the bridge for your insolence." he snarled.

* * * *​

The hanging crops of the east lung district covered every side of the Ancient's maroon walls in shades of green. There was the occasional blue, violet, and red from cave mushrooms, and the smell of manure was prevalent in the air. Here, the shanty homes had walls of hanging plants, watered by pipes, furrows, or grooves in the rock, where the icy streams from the river below the mountain flowed into, after being pumped upwards into large irrigation canals by magic runes.

It was the more "luxurious" part of the fortress, in a cheap imitating way that a shanty bandit fortress could. Fancy magic lanterns blinked above taverns, inns, and brothels that had peeling gold paint over rusty metal and grimed redwood, magical moving paintings that advertised the promise of a good time, or weapons one could buy in the Heart District lined every long stretch of wall that wasn't covered in plants. Music, drunk laughter, and colorful magical smoke filled the streets. There were gambling dens guarded by bouncers in worn patched-up costumes, open eateries that boasted of better food too expensive for the ordinary scavenger, and the occasional old statue of an Ancient that has been vandalized, is half-destroyed, or was turned into a latrine or a trash heap where a couple of scavengers could be seen sorting through.

There were many of these scavengers in little groups huddled in corners, boiling left over bones from the trash before eating them or selling them to those as unfortunate as they. Many gave the hanging crops, that were mostly beans, radishes, spinach, or kale, a longing glance, but have known since a long time ago that thieving food could mean losing a hand if the Carvers caught you.

There were also magical shops here that were more of the books and scrolls kind. And in the center of the District was a tall pillar of rock covered in plants that seem to magically remain healthy and thriving despite it having no direct source of water. Carved into its mossy walls was a giant statue of the Ancient Uroda, and there were folks gathered at the bottom, bowing and asking for her blessing that their crops will survive this winter, or offering stone and wood carvings with their wishes engraved to her and adding it to the many, many little carvings that dotted her shrine.

South most of the East District was the Eastern gate and after that was the Mine. Here golems and workers dug and carved through the stone-hard flesh of the ancient, mining around bone, and dumping their carts of flesh into a hot smelly pit that churned and boiled it into manure for the farms or food for The Godfather's war monsters. There were giant arteries and monster burrows leading deeper into the Ancient's leg and the southern ruins of Fel Thalas. This too was a place where wild monsters sometimes entered Sanctuary, and there were better armed Carvers around the entrance.

Down at the edge of the mines, there was another popular source of entertainment: the cess pool where they dunked rule breakers hanging from gibbets, threw rotten flesh or fit humiliating painful masks at those stuck in stocks, or brought down frozen gibbets from the sky window where the most serious offenders were left out in the cold for hours or until daybreak to see if they were still alive. Today, they had frozen to death from the blizzard last night.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
“Savage gym of savagery”

”Isa. My name’s Isa.” He answered Sassy before replying to the Godfather. “More or less.”

“Sure. Whatever is whatever.” Isa told Sassy, shrugging his shoulders. The redhead rider quietly chuckled as he listened to the conversation, his grin growing wide. Why is Sassy being so forward about her dislike with the way Sanctuary is run by? It would be more efficient to be sneaky with her intentions—- ah, he supposed that she isn’t much of sneaky type. Isa whistled when the Carvers pull out their spears after Sassy banging a table, and raising a brow.

The Godfather just accepted her challenge and friends are welcomed to join the fight. Isa pondered for a moment and sighed. He already knows that if he joined in the fight, whoever that’s chasing L will know that she’s still in Sanctuary. To public and too open. Somehow he doubted that The Godfather is willing to make this fight less public —- it’s practically an execution or a trial before judgement. Entertainment for the more bloodthirsty. He’s gonna be in-disguised in this fight.

Should he ever fight in this.

“ . . .”

Last edited:

After Sassy left, the polar bear watching her go, he settled back down, resting his big ol' paws on his belly again. "I hope my rumpus with your friend doesn't make you intimidated by me, Rider Isa. Words don't work on high-and-mighty juveniles, only a good beating." he curled a claw. "So, how are you and little Liliana since last night?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
“Savage Gym of Savagery “

He waited quietly until Sassy was done and once they were alone, Isa simply walked over to the polar bear’s fire pit and stood in front of him. The redhead shook his head, looking amused at The Godfather’s choice of words. “Kekeke. Far from it. I rather appreciate the honest threat, even if it isn’t for me.”

When he was asked on how Liliana and he was, the motorist quickly put two and two together, and shrugged. Leaning a bit on his left leg. ”Can‘t really speak for Liliana, but she seems wary. Rightfully so. Me? I prefer being chased by the living and I’m impressed by your men yesterday night. Quick work.” He reached into his trench coat pocket to take out a lollipop, sticking it in his mouth as he talked. Not looking away from the giant polar bear.

”Even heard they caught one of the guys that tried to kidnap Liliana and brought in those who got hurt. Got my respect, that’s for sure.“ Isa grinned impishly, showing hints of his canines. “Now, if I may dare ask, why do you want to see my bike and what’s with the membership? Not that I don’t appreciate it, but I want to know what that entails.”

Last edited:
artworks-000373480428-lwvf10-t500x500.jpg

"Of course. Saberon, get the chest." The naga slithered to the weapon wall rack and lifted a heavy steel chest off the floor, then carefully placed it down in front of Isa. The Godfather handed him a ring of keys from within his armor, and Saberon opened it, revealing rare alchemical herbs, finely refined materia, precious enchanting stones, pickled monster eyes, serpent wish bones, ivory fangs, and a phoenix feather.

"I offer you this entire chest and another filled with just as valuable treasure for every week you let my tinkers study, take apart, and replicate your bike for a maximum duration of up to a month. We'll give the bike back to you of course, Rider Isa. And as for the membership, you become an honorary patron of my Savage Gym of Savagery. What can my gym give you? Training. Training to make you strong like me, and at a price much lesser than what my gym masters charge. What do you think?"

• +100 Alchemical | For the first week. And another 100 for every additional week that has passed where Isa let them borrow his bike. Maximum is a month, and that's when the contract ends.
  • Phoenix Down | Allows a healer to revive a dead creature.
  • Permanent Savage Membership | +1 to a skill after training for a number of hours = 100 x Next skill rank. Comes with a personal training scroll that allows you to train by yourself up to a point while traveling, and a letter that allows you to train with other masters located in other places without payment. Cost: 700 alchemical x Next Skill level. Original price was 1000 alchemical x Next skill level.
Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
“Savage Gym of Savagery “

Isa looked over and whistled, not moving from his spot. No, he wasn’t greedy enough to dig his dirty paws all over it like some petty thief who never saw gold in his life. ”It’s a handsome price, that’s what.”

His blue eyes looked at the giant polar bear, taking out the lollipop and spoke clearly. “However there’s a problem with the timeframe. Right now, Liliana wants me to stay nearby and I doubt we will be staying here after the attack last night. Much less a month. A week, maybe.”

”If we stayed for a week —- and I’m going to ask Liliana first since I’m not going to abandon her just like that —- would that be okay for 100 alchemicals and the Phoenix feather? Or just 100 alchemicals is fine too.”

Zer0 Zer0

"Ah, I see the problem. What if I throw in an additional two chocobos? With full winter barding and armor, and I smuggle both of you out of Sanctuary safely?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
“Savage Gym of Savagery“

Isa did look interested at the offer. He leaned on his right leg as he thought on it.

“Are you smuggling us out next week? And will I be taking my bike before we go? You can keep the chocobos since I can disguise my bike while pulling the caravan—- it should help ya smuggle us out since Liliana and I are not the only ones. There’s like four or five more people that are coming with and I still need to tell Liliana first to have her approval on this deal.”

Zer0 Zer0

"Yes, next week together with your bike." He looked at the cart illusion as though he wanted more than one week with Isa's bike. "Very well, once you've decided you can tell Saberon if I'm not around. I am also willing to listen to any requests you may have that will let me borrow your bike for at least two weeks. If you have to leave sooner, the loot will always be waiting for you in Sanctuary, so you can come back and claim it any time. I appreciate you coming to meet me, Rider Isa."

"One more thing. What does your friend mean about Templars infiltrating my home?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
“Savage Gym of Savagery“

“No problem, I’ll let ya know soon, and thank you for your help, Sir.” Isa grinned, seemingly gentle for a quick second before his impish nature shone through. Then he tilted his head to think. Why would Sassy mention the Templars being here? Unless . . .

“Perhaps it’s related to the guys who tried to kidnap Liliana —-now I could be wrong here but I don’t think Sassy would be saying that lightly.“ Isa plopped his lollipop back in his mouth. “She may be an upstart who needs a beating, but she’s not an idiot. I’ll shall be careful as well, just in case her words ring true.”

He nodded at The Godfather respectfully and at his men as blue flames climbed from his boots to the edge of his fiery hair. Burning his usual image to the same old gnome he came in as. Then he ‘hoho’-ed like a grandpa, stroking his white beard. Isa kindly asked Saberon if he could help take it back outside and he can take it from there; to the homely caravan.

”Good day, Sir and thank you again.” With that, Isa left the gym of Savagery, pulling the cart to where the caravan is.

Zer0 Zer0

2B19EB27-A9ED-4B71-8028-EEF44EF83707.jpeg
- Roger's Yaass! -
"Top of Heart District , Sanctuary "

It was two hours before lunch time, when old man Isa reemerged into the narrow busy bronchus bridge, where the mid-morning sun cast cool shadows under the colorful canopies of the hanging bone huts, dotting the path in shades of red, purple, or green. Stalls were cooking piles of hot spider legs and crispy floberworms next to the combat pits where folks were moving around cleaning, repairing, and preparing for the fights that will be held starting this afternoon.

The Savage Pit, the biggest combat arena with a mammoth skull flanked by pipes belching flames, had a group of gamblers huddled around the closed bone gates, checking out the list of combatants and their odds of winning provided by bookmakers. A Carver ran past Isa with a couple of wooden plaques, and elbowed her way to the front of the crowd that suddenly oooh'd when they saw The Godfather's name put up as the star fight for tonight versus a fighter they hadn't heard of before. And they were all wondering, "Who's Sassafras Jenkins?"

* * * *​

Isa's homey caravan was parked in the cramped barn-like garage of Roger's Yaass where other caravans that were awaiting their owners were being varnished and given their finishing touches. He could hear L's excited voice inside together with Vidya's and judging from the smoke coming out of the small chimney and the smell of fish and herbs, someone was cooking inside.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
“Roger’s Yaass!”

As he made his way to the cramped barn-like garage, Isa raised a brow and chuckled lowly as he spotted Sassy’s name on a poster. Oh boy, The Godfather made the fight official. Guess he should let Liliana know so she doesn’t get surprised by the muttering around them.

The disguised redhead reached the barn-like garage, giving the worker his papers of ownership to have a look, and hobbled over to his new home. Accommodating his ’cart’ next to the caravan —- and into the tower after having it opened ready for his bike, Isa took a noisy sniff, and hummed. “Someone’s cooking fish.” Then he grinned, hobbling out to close the storage doors and to the caravan‘s entrance door.

“It’s too early to burn yourself on the fire pit, Seagrass.” Isa said, opening it and coming inside. He made sure the colorful curtains were closed before burning his disguise off. His signature impish grin stuck on his face as he pocketed his gloved hands in his dark purple trench coat.

Zer0 Zer0

- Isa's Caravan -
"Roger's Yass!, Top of Heart District , Sanctuary "

Therias' cocked eyebrow met his impish grin, as she stood over the crockpot that was bubbling merrily in the cackling fireplace. "Moss, is working at the docks, if you're looking for him." she said helpfully, dunking a big wooden ladle, then tasting the fish soup, and adding a bit more spice from a pouch.

Twa's then that Vidya's voice yelled, "Welcome back, Isa!" from the direction of one of the bedrooms; a small blur came hurtling out of it, and then Isa's vision was obscured by a tangle of messy blonde hair, as L launched up and tackled him around the neck.

"ISA! I didn't think you'd actually have the interior painted like this! The colors! It's a peaceful comfy kaleidoscope! We just met yesterday and already you did this for us." she looked at him, touched. "Thank you." and hugged him again.

"Thank you, Isa." said Therias nodding gratefully.

"Yeah, thanks, dude!" said Vidya, coming out of the bedroom L hurtled out of. "Don't worry about wood and water, we filled up the caravan for ya, and bought rations for a month." she patted his shoulder. Her and the girls were out of their winter traveling clothes, but still wore their light armor and weapons. Vidya had a war knife slung behind the leather jacket she wore, while Therias had three throwing knives strapped to her hip, back and front. She was hoodless for the first time, revealing long braided blonde hair and pointed elven ears.

"Also, we got news. Bradley, Lothar and Vincent decided to bail after we told them about the attack yesterday. Said it was getting too risky too fast." said Vidya, shrugging. "But! At least Bradley donated his Trauma Kit and Toolbox." she waved at said kit and box on the book shelf, then smiled at him. "And at least more food for us!" Vidya looked kinda annoyed that the three men had bailed. As though she felt less secure now that their numbers were less.

"So, how was the Godfather visit? Didja find out who that ambusher lady was?" said L, swinging from his neck.

"Easy, L." chuckled Vidya. "Let the man breathe. Oh, and would you like to have lunch with us, Isa? Therias is making spicy fish chowder with ginger . . . Er, whatsitcalled?"

"Winter Chilean . . ." Therias thought a moment, stirring the cauldron. "Zippy? Zuppa?"

"Moss said it was a Zuppa." said Vidya.

"Zuppa." Therias nodded. " This dish is called Winter Chilean Zuppa. He said that the cheeks of this fish is the best. I've never cooked with this Zuppa fish before, usually it's Sawtooth Bass, but it tastes almost as good." she added to Isa.

1. x180 Rations | Smoked spider legs, dried rat, and salted flobberworms. Lasts 2 months. The local delicacies of Sanctuary~
  2. x3 Trauma Kit | DC 12 Knowledge check removes one affliction or improves health by 1. DC 14 stabilizes dying character. Every +1 hour performing the medical operation gives +1 to Trauma Kit rolls. Uses up a major action when used during battle.
  3. Toolbox | +1 Crafing and repairing gear and machines, pick locks, disable traps. You can also excavate or gather crafting resources twice more. Weight 1.
  4. 6 Chests (Empty) |40 Carrying Capacity. Toughness DC=20, Lockpicking DC=18.
  5. x2 Flint and Steel: Make fire. Comes with a box of tinder.
  6. x4 Oil Lamps | Casts light in a 30 ft. radius. or 60 ft. cone. Has a hood allowing you to lower the light to a dim 5 ft. radius. Stays lit for 8 hours on 1 pint of oil. Can be hung on belt. Weight 1 each.
  7. x30 Oil Flask |1 pint. Can be used in combination with fire attacks, increasing the DC for "Burn" by +1.
  8. x18 Torches | Equipped in your off-hand or main hand. Casts light in a 30 ft. radius. Burns for an hour with a chance of being blown out in bad weather. DC 10 to avoid "Burn".
  9. Block and Tackle | A wooden pulley that when set up with rope allows you to haul up to four times the weight you can normally lift.
  10. x4 Lashings |Advantage to Overcoming Difficult Terrain when set up. Rope or similar that's 50 ft. in length.
  11. x4 Mirror, small
  12. x6 Cheap goods | Recycled things, old loot, clothes made from fur or monster parts, monster decorations, etc.
Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
-River Docks, Bottom of Heart District, Sanctuary-

Orgeat Monostoni D'Arimachi de St. Louisiana XVII, Baronessa of Glacierfall, knew that money would be an issue the moment she ventured out of the estate. But she didn't expect that the value of her currency would be ravaged by inflation of the modern times. Now, she needed to sell the various finds she scavenged along the way from her estate. The value even better than what she have had hoped, but still far less to properly equip herself to the abyss that awaits. The cool mist that was starting to envelop the docks were forcing the locals to hide out in the buildings carved along the bones and muscle of the fallen ancient.

The Ancients, the history of the nobility recorded much about them. To think they would have decayed this much, is still a surprise to her own sound mind. If she had not gone out, she would have thought that the battle between the ancients would have still continued. Yet, like time capsule, her own world felt rusted even in this dark atmosphere of the gasping breaths of the land.

However, what she thought of the fate of the outside and the estate of Glacierfall are very different.

Seeing that the mist was starting to thicken, some people chose to find an excuse to get to the taverns and drink the day away. However, they looked far too gruff for her to strike up an inquiry. She twirled her well brushed long brown locks of hair, feeling years younger than she actually is. Being sheltered makes it hard to truly be grown up.

Yet, as she kept searching, she saw a man. A rather tall man. Sweat glistening from his body, as his muscles tensed with vigor befitting his age. The warm breaths of exertion, formed into cool mist as he exhaled. His teal eyes, looked focused and felt like camouflage in the wintery surroundings. Orgeat felt a flush of heat, an exhilaration, an interest piqued at the merman she only read in books.

A noble woman would ignore him of course. Propriety decreed so. And rules, traditions, and practices were closely guarded by aristocracy.

However, all of these were useless if the aristocracy died. And she was not one who valued propriety over survival.

Standing straight, eyes forward and strong, and her stance dignified yet determined, she walked over to the merman.

"Good Morning, kind sir." She spoke, her voice cultured, yet the tones of interest and coquettishness flowed out in her words, "I'm wondering where a lady can sell her wares to interested buyers? The people here seem much too busy and caught up in their worries to entertain such a request." She raised her finger and placed it on his collarbone, and then with slow grace, traced it down to his heart.

"But you seem like a nice and respectable man," her voice deepened to a husk, "who wouldn't mind helping little ol' me?" Her eyes fluttered quickly before letting her finger go down the top of his ab, before letting go and placing her gloved on her lips and winking.

Oh yeah, Orgeat still had it.

- Moss Adamaris -
" Help me"

It took Moss four seconds to realize he was simply standing there flabbergasted. "Ti diáolo." He muttered in Nazja, taking a step back, and looking around if anyone was looking at his chuckling embarassed self; some of his fellow dock workers wolf-whistled at the noble woman. He quickly wrapped his winter coat closed, shaking his head.

"Heart District. Market place. Up there." He jabbed a dispassionate thumb back of the docks, at the wooden pallisade where a guarded gate opened to a bustling black-stone road that wound its way up the looming tower of rock and ruins. Above, stacks of shanty homes, and rickety bridges criscrossed the colossal black cavern. Large chains slowly raised and lowered wooden platforms down to the docks carrying cargo, dock workers, and well-to-do travelers who could afford the ride up.

"Excuse me." And without a second glance at her, he tossed his next two sacks of bubbleback toad slime over his shoulders, completely forgetting that his fellow dockworker who had been shoving it from a larger barrel had not tied it yet.

"Wait, Moss ---" started the dockworker.

SPLAT

The sack sloshed out slime on him and Orgeat. Moss stared at the goop. This is going to come out of his pay! This thing's expensive!

The dockworkers groaned. His boss for today, the man who had given him a ride on his canoe last night, swore, marching towards him.

"I am so sorry, mister. I will find a way to pay you back for this." Appeased Moss. He turned to Orgeat. "Lady, I am so sorry as well, I didn't mean to." he added, looking at all the mess like what to do and oh-no-my-minimum-wage.

CoconutLeaves CoconutLeaves

- Isa's Caravan -

Isa pouted childishly, pocketing his hands in his coat. “Dawww~ okay. Thanks for lettin’ me kno, Therias.” That’s when he heard Vidya’s voice yelling her greeting; before he could respond back, blonde hair covered his sight. Feeling an unknown weight colliding his chest as thin arms wrapped themselves around his neck. Automatically, Isa wrapped his arms around L, supporting her weight so she doesn’t have to hang from his neck. He was surprisingly thin but not too bony either.

“Urk-!” Listening to the gnome’s words, Isa’s pout was wiped away with a stretch of his lips; pinched with his eyes narrowed as L hugged him again. The ladies can see his pale cheeks and ears subtly turning pink.

“I-I see. Thank you for helping —- and the colors are not my idea.” He looked away from L’s happy face, feeling her swinging side to side as he carelessly toss his bag on the pink sofa before going back to support her weight. “I improvised.”

He listened to their news and shrugged his shoulders as if it wasn’t anything new. “That’s fine. Better now when we’re starting then later when we might need them the most and they just bail. —- yes, I would like to have some. It sounds good.”

“Weeeeellllllll~” He drawled out, impish grin coming back on full force. “Godfather is willing to help us sneak out and give us some pay too. As long his group gets to have an insider’s look in my bike for a week —- if we stay here for two or more weeks, I can request something from him. I haven’t accepted it yet because I wanted to know if you’re fine with the idea, L.”

He looked at the gnome in his arms meaningfully, like he is willing to listen and accept her choice. He walked closer to Therias, wanting to heat up more from the fireplace, and sat down on the wooden floor. He loosened is arms so Liliana can go if she wanted to. “Also Sassy got herself a fight with The Godfather and someone needs to come to the Gentleman’s tavern to know more about the men who were after L. One of them got caught by the carvers and is currently in The Godfather’s clutches.”

Zer0 Zer0 mentioning: Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

-River Docks, Bottom of Heart District, Sanctuary-
Orgeat Monostoni D'Arimachi de St. Louisiana XVII, Baronessa of Glacierfall

"It ain't my fault that I'm out here makin' news
I'm the pudding in the proof
Gotta blame it on my juice, baby"

This was not how I was hoping the conversation would turn out. She thought to herself as she took stock of the situation. A panicking merman, an angry man who may or may not own the operation, and expensive green slime on her outfit. As some of the slime fell down from her clothes, stains only remaining in her once immaculate though slightly dusty outfit, her shock made way to slight annoyance before quickly shifting to understanding.
She knew she had it, but as the poor man, and she knew he was very very man, apologized to her, perhaps she teased him a bit too much.

And it was the duty of the nobility to take responsibility for their actions.

Ignoring the pitiable hunk in front of her, she looked at the masters of the operation, and raise her head with a focused gaze.

"My Good Sir, while I can only imagine the anger you must be experiencing right now, please find it in your heart to forgive him. Everyone makes mistakes, and I'm sure he will never forget this one." She rustled in her pocket for the one of the two safekeeps she had in emergencies, and took it out with a clenched fist.

"Perhaps this would let him off with a warning?" She unrolled her hands, revealing a ring that shone different colors. A Mithril ring with precious gems embedded in it. A wedding present that came from her deceased husband, may his soul rest in peace. She knew that the ring was costly as mithril never lost its value. In fact, it increases due to its precious origin.

- Isa's Caravan -

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Sassy whaaat now?" asked Vidya, surprised, plopping on the pink sofa "But she sort of sorted it out with the Carvers yesterday, I thought they let her go. Is she okay? Is she in, uh, bandit jail? Good guy jail? I don't know what you call a jail run by bad guys."

"I can go interrogate the prisoner." said Therias quietly, putting down the lid on the crockpot and stoked down the coals to let the soup simmer.

"Thank you, Therias." L nodded at her gratefully. L let go, shuffling to sit next to Isa, and looked back at him meaningfully too, thinking.

"I'm scared, you guys." Her brows creased in worry. " I don't want more of my friends to end up like Faelyn and Eric. I want to leave as soon as possible and not involve them anymore." She tightly clutched at her green dress, staring hard at the wooden floor with a pang of guilt. "So can we leave as soon as we find a lead on those thieves, Isa? And about, Sassy," she looked at Vidya then back to the biker, " it sounds like she got herself a fight that is still going to happen?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Moss Adamaris -
"River Docks, Bottom of Heart District, Sanctuary"

The eyes of the boatman, dockworkers, and Moss went wide, as they beheld the beautiful ring.

"Blimey, yeah, yeah, 'course, er madam, he is very much forgiven." said the boatman who never took his eyes off it. "That's right, people make mistakes." he laughed good naturedly.

Moss pulled his gaze away. "Wait, you don't have to do this for me, lady. Mister, I can hunt monsters down in Fel Thalas and pay for this tomorrow."

"Hush now son, she's talking to me!" said the boatman. "Why don't you get our generous lady here cleaned up over at The Gentleman's Tavern, and I'll join you two after our work's here's done. Lunch on me my lady." He gave Orgeat a bushy bearded smile, and opened his palm for the ring.

CoconutLeaves CoconutLeaves

- Isa's Caravan -

Isa chuckled, taking his coat off, and letting it pool around him. Revealing his lean figure in all cool black clothing. Long sleeves tucked in his gloves and pants tucked in his boots, barely showing any skin except for his upper neck and head. “She’s fine for now. Not in jail at the moment, but she declared a battle against The Godfather for something major. I‘m thinking of joining in the fun —— the fight’s tonight~” He took a deep breath, his stomach growled for the delicious-smelling soup.

”She’s hoping to win the fight, not get banned or head-piked, and change the treatment of Sanctuary‘s poorest residents. To feed them, me thinks she wants.” The red head casual said before looking over to L and listened. He sighed, rubbing the back of his head for a quick minute. “It seems like everyone who works in Sanctuary is your friend, including The Godfather. He don’t seem like a pushover eitha‘ — I’ll tell ‘im for only a week for now, but if we stay here for two weeks or more while gathering for info, I’ll ask for more items from ‘im.”

After an awkward quiet moment, L would feel a gloved hand patting her head comfortingly for a quick second. Then Isa stretched his arms up, ignoring whatever looks he’s probably receiving. “Trust those who has merit and power. They back you up and it’s their choice to be in harm’s way. Okay, Liliana?” And he laid back, arms pillowing his head, and closed his eyes. Looking pinched again.

Zer0 Zer0 mentions: Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

- Isa's Caravan -

The three ladies looked at Isa surprised.

"That's why Sassy is fighting?" asked Therias. An expression of nostalgic warmth crossed her features briefly, before it was gone as quickly as it came. She looked at L.

"Wow . . . " sniffed Vidya. "Ya know, I had expected to have run-of-the-mill mercenaries as companions for this hunt, not very nice people! I want to join in the fight too!" she raised her crystal stump arm.

"Awww, I wanna say me too, but I can't!" said L, flapping her arms in frustration. "Okay, Isa, and you know, if you won, Godfather's really gonna do it! He doesn't go back on his word!" Then she smiled at Isa when she mentioned it seemed everyone was her friend. "I guess so, I'm pretty like-able, you know? They say I am disarmingly charming and cool!" she dabbed. "And also, not to brag, but I have brought many people back from the dead~" It was very obvious that L loved compliments.

Then she was surprised at the head patting. "I know, I understand, but they're not strong enough --- wait, who told you my real name???!!" she clapped Isa's cheeks staring him straight in the eyes.

Katsuya Katsuya

River Docks, Bottom of Heart District, Sanctuary
Orgeat Monostoni D'Arimachi de St. Louisiana XVII, Baronessa of Glacierfall
These boots are made for walkin' and that's just what they'll do
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you

"Why Good Sir, I never knew you were such a gentleman" Orgeat said, pleased as she released the ring to the bearded man. "My you're quite a man, such strong hands." She winked and then with the grace of a noble, she curtsied to the master of the dock, giving him the respect of a peer, and then turned to the young stud next to her.

"Well now, I guess for my troubles, the least you could do is accompany me to the tavern, won't you?" She ended the tone in a deep husky sultry whisper. Her eyes shimmering with playful teasing. As the cool winds blew in the docks, she felt the refreshing breeze uplift her spirits, and a spirit of confidence accompanied it.

Her sable colored hair, flew in the direction, and with her gloved hand, she brushed all of her hair, letting loose the curls to flow the wind. Feeling quite refreshed now, she turned once more to Moss, the handsome and adorable snack. My, she's already teased him enough, but she figured she could tease him a bit more. Especially since he became her partner to accompany her to the tavern.

She slowly removed her right hand glove, pale creamy skin revealing itself against the faint sunlight. Perfumed, Lily of the Valley, red fingernails manicured and dainty.

"Well dear sir, my name is Jeanne Du Valliant. I have the pleasure of being accompanied by..." She left the word softly, no harsh accusation, but a brief invitation to share his name. "The tavern is over there right? I hope you could spare an hour with me over a meal and drinks." She said, her voice cultured, polite, but with a warmness injected to flatter even the most cynical man.

Ahh, despite the slime and her moment of fatigue which has now been removed. A delicious meal and drink would be a welcome relief while she thinks of where to find work to tide her over her journey for the next few months. Besides, a serendipitous meeting with a tall, exotic, man with the color of the deepest and purest ice and the freshest snow. Her eyes gazed a bit to the muscular frame, slender but corded with strength that sent small shivers down her spine which she did not show.

Yes, a delicious meal and drink with a snack and a tall drink of water right in front of her, sounds very fortunate for Orgeat.

Well, this will be enjoyable.

"Shall we?" She winked as she raised her hand, a gesture for his strong, working hands, to take hers and lead her to the tavern which of the docks mentioned.

Zer0 Zer0

- Isa's Caravan -

”Oh-hooo~” Isa gently remove Liliana’s hands off his cheeks, placing them on her own cheeks. “So that really is your name~ Guess you haven’t told everyone not to call ya with your real name, huh?”

Then he shrugged, sitting up right, and pulling his coat on his shoulders to stay warm. “I heard your name from a fluffy war-lookin‘ polar bear. Any reason why he is not fully aware of your goal? —- Speaking of, I would like to see the symbols of the orb. Wanna make sure what it says in there with the notes I have with me.”

Now that they are in a safe place, Isa should be able to study the markings of the orbs. Maybe when they leave the Sanctuary, he can talk with the being inside the orb again with everyone too. Maybe. When they set up a trap or a hidden spell over the caravan.

Zer0 Zer0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back