• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
- Isa Bianchi -

Isa chuckled, understanding that Leonid felt a part of his life being shaved off just now. The man wanted a dangerous adventure, he got his wish.

Though he did feel a prick of guilt as he watched the tiefling slump in relief, along with Okami and Pluplu.

As a light floated close to the ground, the disguised redhead noticed a weird linear sheen reflecting back. His sight followed it, tapping Moss’ shoulder to grab his attention. “Look, there’s a trap here . . .” So he swiftly pulled his bag in front of his chest and reached for the toolbox, handing it over to Moss.

”Think ya can dismantle it like the guard in Ninja of Love?” Isa asked, smiling warm and confident of Moss’ abilities.

Zer0 Zer0

- Within Gaius -
"Above a Sandstorm, West of Barad Eithel"

Moss couldn't help but smile. "Of course, my lord Bianchi." He bowed suavely, before taking the toolbox, brushing his fingertips.

"Wait, hold on you love birds, let your beloved sponsor and the pets take cover first." And Leonid drew two scimitars, nicking himself easily in the arms like he'd done it many times before, his blood froze in the air, and he waved his hand forming them into red sigils. The eye tattoos on his skin glowed scarlet, before poof, a cloud of purple smoke enveloped Okami and Pluplu. Suddenly out scuttled two tarantulas from beneath the smoke, and the tiefling scooped them up gently and pocketed them.

"Continue!" He waved his hands like tralala, then popped the hatch open. They all glimpsed a weathered spiraling stone bone staircase descending into darkness, before Leonid turned his lamp on, took a deep breath then went down. "Please knock when all's clear!"

And he closed the hatch.

Moss looked up at the boxes high in the ceiling. "I don't know what these do, but get ready just in case something goes wrong." He warily said to Isa. "Will you please give me a boost?" He gestured climbing over his shoulders.

It was with some trepidation that Moss worked, careful with each twist of a screw and snip of a wire cutter. Until there was a click, the tripwire over the base of the mechanism went taught, and Moss asked Isa to move over to the other boxes, where he carefully took out a total of six potions.

They were vinegar brown in color and were frothing, swirling half-gas inside their bottles as though they were volatile. Moss carefully tucked them away in his backpack.

There didn't seem to be any other traps in the chamber. They were safe.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa snorted, covering his ever growing smile to hold back a laugh with a hand. Cheeks flushed as their fingers brushed; Moss took the toolbox off his hand. He jumped when Leonid piped up, breaking his flirty bubble. Oops, right. He is here with them.

As soon Leonid, Okami, and Pluplu went for cover, Isa nodded and crouched down. “Get on my shoulders.” Once Moss got on his shoulders, the redhead stood up carefully. He didn’t think about it at first, but the more time the merman sat on his shoulders, the more Isa turned red. Staring straight ahead with a blank face and patiently waited (silently enjoying) as he listened to Moss tinkered the trap. The clicking sound snapped Isa out and he peeked up to see Moss take out a potion. He blinked owlishly.

“Maybe we can use that later on...” Isa muttered and then moved to the other boxes; in total of six potions.

The redhead looked around with Moss still on his shoulders before putting him down. “I think it’s safe . . . Imma check again.” With the merman‘s help, the pair searched the room and felt secured. There were no more traps. Isa even found some dust prints that seemed webbed as if the kutulus were in here before.

“Seems like the kutul folks were in here too...Leonid! It’s safe~” He knocked on the hatch.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Within Gaius -
"Above a Sandstorm, West of Barad Eithel"

"Alright, thank you, lord Bianchi." Moss gently got off. "Boy, Isa, you told me what it was like in a goliath, but seeing the real thing is something else . . . " He stared at the pulsing brain, and then touched his own head. While they checked the chamber, he noticed the trace of a blush on Isa's cheeks. "Why are you red?" he asked, surprised. And then understanding dawned on him, and he looked away, smiling and blushing too.

When Leonid popped back up, he had an excited look on his face. "There are machine organs in there! Just like the brain!" Moss showed him the potions, asking if he knew what it was, and the tiefling grimaced. "Oooooh, those are nasty. A whiff of this and you'll hallucinate, probably start killing each other, or some sort of confusion."

"What do we do now, Isa?" asked Moss, ready to support him in whatever way.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa shook his head, smiling. “Lord Cinnamon bun to ya.” He muttered playfully, chuckling under his breathe. As he listened to Moss’ words and checked the chamber, he perked up. Looking at the merman before looking away with that same shy smile. Knowing that Moss being quiet means he understood; probably feeling the same. So he peeked at the merman and reached to hold his hand, giving it a soothing squeeze. Should he look, Isa gave him a timid but enamored smile before he went over to the hatch.

The redhead stood as Leonid popped up, exclaiming about mechanical organs. Nodding his head as he decided to give the tiefling a fun fact. “The arcana people made the goliaths, they are not the children of Ancients as the Templars would like to declare them as.”

He listened to what those bottles were filled with and froze. Eyes wide before narrowing into slits and he growled quietly. “That sounds awfully similar to the mysterious disease that Vergil mentioned before; the one that Giantsbane have now.” Isa asked Moss if he could freeze them— like contain them in a block of ice in case they break during their fight with Theosebia.

”Right now, we start heading towards the dome.” He smirked dangerously. “Time to break this fake peace of Barad Eithel. Moss, go to that lever and pull. Don’t let up on Gaius either, he’ll resist at first but he’ll cooperate soon enough. Leonid, go to the canon shoots and put the explosives there.” After describing what’s what and grabbed a piece of jerky to snack on, Isa activated the control panel—the dais- and pressed stars. Making sure Theosebia couldn’t see them inside and held onto the dais.

Zer0 Zer0

- Commanding Gaius -
"Above a Sandstorm, West of Barad Eithel, Night"

Moss gasped. "You finally admitted it!" He bowed dramatically again, smiling. "My Lord Cinnamon Bun~" and he kneeled in declaration.

When the shyness began during their investigation of possibly more traps, Moss reached back and held Isa's hand too. He smiled, reddening further, and squeezed back. And when Isa pulled away, he held on just for a few seconds longer, still gazing at him, and then let go, fingers brushing his skin. The memory of his touch warmly lingered.

"I figured as much. So it was a lie . . . " said Leonid later, shaking his head. "Had we known that, we would have tried getting inside them a long time ago . . . Say, if you two are done with this goliath, can I keep it? Though you don't have to give me an answer now, of course."

Moss nodded at Leonid. "Yeah, we'll talk about it, I still have one more use for Gaius." he took a deep hopeful breath.

At Isa's request if Moss can freeze it, his beau nodded. "Yes, that would be best. And then we can dispose of these properly later."

With their plan moving ahead, the two listened, and Leonid nodded, disappearing into the hatch once more with his and Moss' backpack full of explosives; Moss asked the tiefling for the Okami and Pluplu tarantulas before he went down, then went over to the odd rings of stone-bone and metal jutting out of the giant gear beside the pulsing brain.

"This is so exciting . . . I can't believe we're taking control of this enormous powerful thing." said Moss to Isa, gripping the handles. If anything can get through the Pillars of Hercules, this thing can.

With Isa at the helm, the pair of giant spiraling windows opened, letting in the fading sunset. Moss stared at him for a moment, all determined with that dangerous smirk, snacking on a jerky nonchalantly like a boss. Isa looked cool and his confidence made Moss feel reassured. It was now almost night time, the sky was purple and vermillion, as the last edges of the ember sun went down the horizon. Beneath them the sandstorm raged, and ahead, all along the dark silhouette of Barad Eithel, small pinpricks of light twinkled to life from the hundreds of torches and lamps of the denizens who have no idea what they're about to be in for.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Isa laughed, unable to take this playful banter, or hide his glee anymore. His cheeks dusted pink as he carefully went to his knees to lightly tug Moss up. Holding his hands tenderly as he shook his head with a warm smile. “Okay, okay, ya lovable troll. Come on.” The redhead helped Moss up, chuckling. “Before Leonid starts thinking I’m an actually Lord of cinnamon rolls.”

Noticing that hopeful look, the redhead grinned and patted his shoulder; his touch was gentle. Knowing exactly what Moss thinking just now and he couldn’t blame him. “Yes, later we’ll talk. I’ll teach ya how to come inside in case ya see other goliaths, Leonid.”

As the men took to their places and got things ready, Isa perked up and turned around slightly. A piece of jerky sticking out of his mouth. Dark strands and cheek bones highlighted by the setting sun’s last lights; the lights of Barad Eithel looked like stars aligned. Indigo eyes has a warm orange gleam as he gazed at Moss. Excited to part take into a crazy moment of their lives. His lips quirked into a smile, one corner of his lips higher than the other.

“I’m just happy that I get to do this with ya.” Isa replied back before staring back out of the eye windows. His cheeks dusted pink again. Asfjfk,f- with the sunset, Moss’ eyes looks so much more like the sea. Teals becoming darker with glittery waves—-

If Moss ever hear his fluffy thoughts about him, he’d either troll him or be shy too...Isa is betting shy.

Isa directed Gaius to Barad Eithel, making him to start walking as he looked for the sword button; wanting to bring it up and on the shoulder to make it easier to walk instead of dragging it. “I just hope the girls will be ready when we go in.” He muttered, chewing on the last part of the jerky.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
collossus.jpg
- Commanding Gaius -
"Heading to Barad Eithel"

Moss smiled brightly, then returned to his task, red. "Yes, this is a very relationship strengthening couple activity."

This goliath had slightly different commands compared to Malus. Isa discovered, upon looking for the runes for sword on the illusory night-sky like controls, that the stars representing the goliath's joints floated over to his body, including one star made of the shining rune: Voice, and together with Moss, Gaius moved as Isa moved. Unlike Malus, Gaius felt not as tough, but was lighter, and quicker. An illusion of the sword blossomed from his wrist. And the giant obelisk blade rose and bent with his palm.

Arcane circles appeared over the dusty sandy giant windows. The ancient runes: Darkness Vision appeared, and a star floated next to Isa expectantly. It was a tiny illusion of a half sun and half moon with the sun part shining.

Suddenly, a bright white pillar of light erupted from the distant fallen city, and a shock of lightning branched from the beam and exploded upon Gaius' head in a flash of blinding white; Moss yelled. But the two were alright. Suddenly Isa felt the illusory stars move on their own, but he could still grab them and put them back in place, only for them to try and move again. Something was fighting him.

And then the air swirled with color. Gargantuan disks of light appeared like a walled pathway on either side of Gaius, and Isa saw the same appearing to the north and south. The beam of light branched to those directions too. And as Gaius stepped towards the edge of the sandstorm, multiple arcane circles appeared on the window, framing what looked like two circling flying katulus, flanked by giant desert hawks carrying two mercenaries --- who looked very familiar from Isa's vision earlier this morning, winging around the goliath, and in the far, far base of the city, the arcane circles framed multiple specks of what seemed to be sand boats loaded with mercenaries, and behind them, crawling down the ruined walls, were giant mechanical spiders, very much like the ones in Windshear.

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa chuckled as he tested out how Gaius worked. Amazed that the illusion of the sword is what controls the actual arm and blade. “Controlling a Goliath is a couple activity now? That one is new.” He teased, taking a step forward and felt how light Gaius was compared to Malus, which was weird to the redhead. He expected Gaius to be heavier by the height but oh well. That’s fine with him . . . Or maybe . . .

”Moss, wanna try driving Gaius- hm?” He froze as the beam of light shone from the dome and hit the Goliath. So many things were happening all at once-! First there was the star that floated next to him with the sun half shining. Curious, Isa pressed on it. Then there’s the light beam that just hit them (Moss‘ yell snapped Isa out and he grunted, slightly hunched before straightening his back. “Ya okay, Moss? Leonid?”) and now there’s these giant discs that’s making a line towards Barad Eithel. Isa narrowed his eyes, spotting the hawks or rather the two people riding on the hawks.

”Oh boy . . . That’s not good.” Isa muttered, grabbing the stars to put them back in place. They kept leaving . . . Was somebody trying to control Gaius from the dome?

“We have company.” He wondered if he should just grab the sword and swing it at them?

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Commanding Gaius -

"Me?!" said Moss bewildered, as Isa pressed on the half-moon-sun rune. A frame of arcane sigils glowed around the edges of the giant windows, and suddenly the darkening sky became as bright as early morning, but in black and white. "I don't know how to man this thing!"

There were urgent footsteps and Leonid came back up the spiral hatch stairs with the backpacks, panting. "I'm alright! But the obelisk chamber you told me about, I don't see it anywhere!"

"That's a loooot of company." said Moss staring at all their foes. "I think one of us needs to go out." he looked at Isa. "If you need me to try and man the goliath, I will."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
“IT’S LEONID’S TIME TO SHINE”​

”Now is a great start, Mi Tesoro~” Isa smiled, wanting to be optimistic. He blinked owlishly as the night suddenly became day. . . And realized that Gaius has night vision. Cool~ “Besides, can ya imagine? A giant Goliath doing parkour?”

The redhead looked at the hatch as he heard the frantic footsteps and listened to Leonid. He was relieved to hear that the tiefling was okay, but he was also surprised to hear about the obelisk chamber not being there. Odd. He tried to remember what he read from Manuel’s grimore, what it said about Gaius as he stared the flying oncoming enemies with a blank stare.

”...I don’t think we have to go outside...”

The pair of men in the room would see Isa smirk widely before staring at Leonid. Moss knew it was another crazy idea and it involved his friend. “Ya wanna do something excited, yeah? Come over here and talk through this star.” Isa suggested innocently, sounding so sweetly as his smirk became more devilish. “Just tell ‘em to not fight us~ If that doesn’t work, we can always toss the potions at them~”

Annnnd there’s the face of disbelief Isa expected. Well faces when ya count Moss’ disbelief too. Still the redhead smiled.

”Wha-?! But- do you really think they would listen to me?” Leonid stammered.

”Well ya are a businessman. Ya know how to convince people to buy things from your store. Give them a reason to not fight with us.” Isa pointed at their enemies with a jerk of his thumb, Gaius mimicking his movements. With a gulp from the tiefling and an unsure nod, the redhead leaned back a bit to give Leonid space to speak and tapped on the ‘Voice’ star. He pondered for a moment. What would they care about? Would they even believe him?

“Let us through, please?” Leonid started, frowning. “Your boss is doing a dangerous thing in the Dome. An earth shattering thing. If she kills another Ancient — an Ancient that keeps every realms in a balance— no one will survive. I get it, you don’t care for the rest of us as the world shatters into pieces. Then how do you know if you’re safe? Just because you work for her? She manipulated the people of Barad Eithel to believe there was peace between the thieves when she was actually mind controlling them. She hires mercenaries because she knows you’re disposable and easy to control by your desires. She even mind-controls innocent people and mines souls for her cause. Once she gets what she wants, I doubt she would remember your efforts and give you what you want.“

”To her, you’re just another pawn to replace and another meaningless life she can use for her benefit alone.“ Leonid sighed, his hands shaking in anxiety. “If you let us through, at least you will be able to keep your lives and be free. We just want to keep our home safe from being crushed as the realms merges together. Please...let us through.”

used my rp point.
Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Commanding Gaius -

Moss thought about it. "That is cool. And I do eventually need to learn how to use a goliath." He took a deep breath. Saving the world was a lot of pressure. "Alright, please teach me, Isa." he nodded.

Thinking back on Manuel's grimoire, there was nothing specifically about the sword wielding goliath's sealing chamber, simply a more streamlined spell circle for sealing, and arithmetic calculations on six obelisks.

When Isa suggested Leonid just tell them not to fight, Moss thought that Isa had something else planned. But no, it was simply asking someone who has lived in Barad Eithel to speak from the heart. And boy was the booming voice so loud, that the giant desert hawks that came close to the head were startled out of the air, eyes were suddenly blood shot, as the mercenaries covered their ears, and the floating katulus' tentacles writhed in agony. They retreated, blood running down from their ears.

The more Leonid talked, more little lights winked to life in Barad Eithel. And in the end of his words, it seemed as though nothing happened. But suddenly explosions blossomed in the ruins. Just like Malus, focusing in the distance made arcane sigils appear and magnify what Isa was looking at, and they could see that the giant spiders were being attacked. A flood of what seemed to be the denizens of Barad Eithel were charging out at the oncoming army, effectively halting their advance, as their foes turned to make battle.

Leonid's speech actually worked.

And their way was now unhindered.

Moss laughed in surprise and clapped the bewildered Leonid on the back. "Good work! Let's go, go, go!"

Closer Gaius strode, with whoever was manning him still struggling with the star-like controls that were still moving on their own. Making the goliath's movements sluggish and awkward. And now, they can see that the beam of light was rising from the golden dome. There were many torch lights and smoke rose from the ruins, as they saw the silhouette of heavy fighting in the roof streets of the ruins, and many crawling mechanical things. But there was something else moving in the distance. From the north and south, hurrying to cut Gaius' path, both with the same branch of white lightning on their heads connecting them to the beam just like Gaius, were two other goliaths: Pelagia and Avion, with the smaller bird-like goliath exploding up a sandstorm, as it flew impossibly high over the fallen city and then dove for Gaius.

52C00A40-3225-4127-9ED8-8EC8DD4BF19F.jpeg
- Isa Bianchi -

Isa whistled, impressed of how much an influence Leonid can be as he took a step back. Giving space for Moss as they switched places; now the merman is in control of the giant Goliath with stars surrounding him. The redhead grinned widely at the tiefling, a knowing gleam shined in his eyes. “Was that exciting for ya?” He asked before telling him to go the the other lever, wanting him to support Gaius.

“Imma help and make sure the stars don’t leave ya, okay Tesoro?”

As the redhead taught Moss of what he needed to know, sometimes looking up to see the starting chaos within Barad Eithel, the Goliath moved forward. Sluggish at times of either Moss getting a hang of the controls and of Isa grabbing the stars back into place, but it was a little faster than before since Moss didn’t have to stop walking to fix the stars. Indigo eyes looked up again to see movement beyond the city borders and one going up to the skies only to dive-

“Incoming goliath from above! Dodge or parry.” Isa hurriedly warned, dragging another star back into place. That’s when he noticed of how all of the Goliaths have branching lights connected to the dome as well...Isa took a deep breath. If they have it, then that means-

That light connection might be the reason why the stars are not aligning. “If there’s a chance, try cutting the light that’s connected to us with the obelisk sword after the dodge or parry. Do the same for the other goliaths after. “ Isa suggested. If the obelisks are meant for sealing, then an obelisk sword or knife might cut magical links too.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
"Oh gods, not again;" an older woman whose age-loosened cheeks cast shadows like parenthesis around her mouth breathed, placing her crooked fingers over her mouth. Her light brown eyes teared up at the sight. All around Charon, the city surged with people moving like ants from a disturbed nest. The din of the markets which was present even after the sun set and when the moons rose high to mix its their bleak and refined light with the warm oranges of humankind and its fire turned to tittering and repeating startled cries. The ground was almost instantly littered with all manner of container, ware and miscellany, whatever anyone was holding and decided it better to abandon. The lovely light of Barad Eithel's night was swallowed by the stark unsettling glow of a massive discharge event and the ethereal green of some kind of wall. The short bundle of robes stood stock still, the river of scared denizens and their chorus of fear and confusion broke around it as though it were a piece of driftwood, dignified in spite of its lonesomeness.

The hooded figure lifted its head toward the sky. The figure turned its head somewhat and light splashed light on the silhouette of the face of Charon to make it visible for but an instant. A pair of dull green discs peered out of the darkness like luminous jade. It stared at the stories come to life right before its very eyes. After a few moments of observation, it began to move. There was something off about its demeanor and the crowd showered it in frightened glances, Charon could see the whites of their eyes as they saw it at the last moment and veered as though it were a bad omen. Most of them anyway. Calmly walking, occasionally jostling through the crowd, that hooded being leaned against the current and made its way toward the golden dome of Barad Eithel.

a6d77POF_Wallpaper_1920x1200_2.jpg
- Battle of the Goliaths -
" Night "

"Alright, Isa." Moss took a deep breath, stepping forward hesitantly, and then watching in amazement as the stars left Isa's body, and then floated over to him. He couldn't help it. He jumped.

They caught a brief glimpse of a sea of clouds under a bright full moon in a backdrop of stars before they fell down the sky and --- there was a simply a distant dull thud, and their floor didn't even shake, but a great wall of sand erupted before the windows, briefly clouding their vision. He looked back, and saw that the sandstorm was blown away.

"Woo! I feel . . . " Moss raised the great obelisk sword, still in disbelief; it rose like an ominous tower, a power strong enough to cleave the standing pillars of Barad Eithel away, " . . . like I can really . . . really bring my friends home." He blinked away the beginning of a tear. Finally after ten long years . . . his precious friends . . . maybe they'll forgive him this time.

Suddenly he was brought back down to the situation at hand. Staring at the oncoming Avion. No way was he going to lose the only chance to bring his friends back home!

"I got this, Isa." his eyes steeled over determinedly. Gaius brought his sword up ---

BOOM

White arcane shields erupted where the goliaths made thunderous impact. Gaius, stumbled, sending broken pieces of ruin the size of cottages flying everywhere; Avion fell trailing a path of sand as it crashed like a flapping pinwheel, arcane shields flaring lightning.

"Darn it!" Against his will, the sword illusion in his hand moved, making him miss. He quickly got the goliath up and did as Isa said, cutting across the beam of light connecting Gaius to the dome, but the sword just passed through the light.

Katsuya Katsuya
maxresdefault.jpg
- Rushing to the Golden Dome -
" Eastern Roof District, Barad Eithel "

It was chaos under the brass and gold-patina ruins of the ancient fallen flying city. It had come to light that the golden dome had been under a heavy enchantment all this time, right under their noses, an illusion guarded by the three bandit gangs that ran Barad Eithel, that turned out to be under the control of some hideous monster inside the dome. The recent flurry of activity there the past months had been thought of to be due to some excavation of ancient weapons for their turf war --- the folks of Barad Eithel had no idea that they were actually trying to kill an Ancient.

Their foes had been caught by surprise, and the cat-folk purrsians and the rest of the people living in the ruins had banded together and managed to reach the outside of the golden dome. But now they had rallied, and three large forces of what looked like drow slaves being treated like a meat wall for a few dozen floating katulu mages were holding the people back in the southwest, northwest, and west of the golden dome. The slimy-squid like monsters were raining down rancid green fireballs wherever the people tried to gain some ground and hold it. The only real warriors, a company of blankly-staring Templars were guarding the dome with a handful of watchful katulu mages. There were two large giant mechanical spiders, and a dozen smaller ones that didn't exactly look like they were for war, more like for construction, but they were throwing debris at flying folks trying to break through the meat wall from atop the dome.

Charon could also see that more Templars were coming out of the dome, forming lines behind the meat wall. They had the same blank stares and were oddly dressed for colder climates, some even still having snow on their hair.

There was some shouting, and he could see in the distance, a Purrsian, emaciated looking, but determined, riding a giant coyote and flanked by two others, rallying the people, trying to get them to follow her, and get them organized for a proper assault. Because for now, most of the people were like a mob. Disorganized, with no real leader, and getting burned down. Only this emaciated lady Purrsian seemed to have a company that knew what it was doing, bunkering down a ruined tower and holding it, but they were few compared to their now ready foes.

The folks in Barad Eithel easily outnumbered their enemies. It's just that they were scattered into small groups doing their own thing.

What would you like to do?

Pet Panda Pet Panda

Last edited:
Health: Fresh | Toughness: Background Ability (10) + Armor (1) [11] | Spell Power: Background Ability (14) + Knowledge (4) + Equipment (1) [19] |Manna: Background Ability (4) + Knowledge (4) [8]
Condition: 0 | Roleplay Points: 0

Χάρων
Carefully, nearly sluggishly, the hooded figure paced over the sandy streets and swiveled its vacuous face over the scene. First the beauty of the architecture but then to the forces and the dire situation at hand. A rasping sigh emitted from the darkness contained by the hood at the situation. Gently, nearly creepily, the robe began pacing through the alleys behind the buildings nearest to the tower and toward the small company, the creature's second-best bet. Though its head was turned and its back slightly bent toward the wall of enemies preventing entry. A slow and stiff hand reached into the robes and the front of the robe bulged on the right side as though something thin were poking it from beneath. Eventually, the pointed object was free from the robe and about three feet of hewn wood slid out of the robe, the creature's hand exposed at last. Then it kept pulling and pulling. At another three feet, the robe was shunted aside by a wide flat piece of wood, and the creature had thus pulled about six or seven feet of wood in the shape of an oar from the space of its hip and front which it now used as a walking cane, with which it moved at a more normal pace.

Leaning against the oar, boatman Charon hobbled its way over to the building, past overturned braziers and slain bodies, of which it saw more and more the nearer he approached to the golden tower. Gingerly, the hood skulked across the street to the alleyway behind the ruined tower so as to not be spotted by their enemies, and finding its way to the nearest entrance, if indeed it were permitted to get that close, the boatman would have tapped on the wall outside of tower, a faint idea of what could have happened if it simply waltzed in, unknown and mysterious.

Meanwhile, plans upon plans whirled in its head. It attempted to remember the appearance of ancient Eithelian armor. It attempted to gauge the strength of a katulu mage, from any knowledge it might have about the race, with respect to its own. It attempted to discern, from what it saw on its way over to the tower, where the fewest Katulu mages were hovering, and where the buildings were built nearest to the tower.

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
“Night”​

Isa watched in anticipation as Gaius’ sword clashed with Avalon and-

His eyes widened at the surprising light show of white barriers, hearing the loud thuds outside. The bird Goliath went down and just as Moss tried to cut the light, nothing happened. So the sword can only seal others, not cut links. Alright then. The redhead narrowed his eyes at the white light that’s trying to take Gaius’ controls, making it hard for his beau. Then he remembered something and looked at the hatch. Maybe . . . But Leonid mentioned about not finding the canon area, instead saw the mechanical organs . . .

Gauis’ design is different from Malus who looked more like a bull. Besides, the canon hatch was in a different place; nowhere near the mechanical organs-

Isa wondered if that’s why Leonid couldn’t find the canon. He stared at the light, wondering what he could do to separate that link from the dome to Gaius. He held onto his staff, indigo flames licked the edges on the raven’s head and feathers as the eyes glowed the same color. He wondered if lighting up the sword on fire would be a good idea, if he was too far away or should he leave Gaius’ head to have close enough distance. He realized it was too far and it might not be a good idea to do so, as epic as it would look.

Still, he wished there was something he can do to somehow help Moss and Leonid. He searched around, even opt to go down the hatch to see if there was something he can do. “I’ll message Vidya. See if she got Magni.” Isa said, climbing back up from the hatch.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
213123.jpg
"Night"

'We got Magni!' yelled Vidya's huffing voice back at him. 'We're running! But we can't get out of the dome, Isa, it's surrounded! And they're trying to make it fly! We're outside! South courtyard!"

Moss was struggling. Pelagia had caught up and was edging protectively around the dome, flanking Gaius. The horns of the goliath glowed, sparked yellow along its length, and then a small furious ball bright as a setting sun grew larger between them. Suddenly a beam of light shot out for Gaius ---

It rebounded off the obelisk sword in a flare of arcane shields, missing the city by just a mile, and flying away and exploding in a massive mushroom cloud in the distance. A single sun was enough to engulf Barad Eithel, Moss realized this, and his stomach dropped --- he had almost killed their friends in there.

The floor buckled, as Gaius was struck from behind. The smaller Avion was harassing his head, scratching and clawing. And they saw a massive talon grind against the windows, actually scratching it in a wave of white lightning sparks. The winged goliath was trying to get inside to them.

1. Avion
    Hp 3/3, Toughness 16
    Combat +4
    Special: Fly
  2. Gaius
    Hp 3/3 | Toughness 14
    Combat +2
    Difficulties: Combat halved & Toughness reduced from contested controls
  3. Pelagia
    Hp 3/3 | Toughness 12
    Combat +2
    Special: Fires energy beam from horns
Katsuya Katsuya

- Outside the Golden Dome -

A veiled furry face flashed pass the gap in the door, took one good look at Charon, then opened it quickly. "Hurry! Hurry, inside! You'll be safe here!" it was a grey furred Purrsian with black markings. He wielded a musket, and immediately waved at Charon to take cover just as a livid green fireball rocked the tower, sending shards of glass raining down on them.

"Can you fight?!" yelled the Purrsian. He looked desperate for aid.

At a quick glance, there were about forty Purrsians, dark-skinned men and women, all ordinary folks by the look of their clothes and piecemeal armor, as though they were woken up from bed and straight into a fight. They were firing, trying to fell down the floating katulus on the higher floors, while those on the first were holding up barricades against the mindless drow slaves trying to smash their way in.

He saw the emaciated lady Purrsian shouting orders, bolstering morale with encouragements just across the floor he was in, helping hold the barricades. In the light of the torches, he could just make out her identity. She was the leader of The Untamed, one of the three gangs that ran Barad Eithel. Word had been that she and the other gang leaders had made peace months ago, but apparently that didn't seem to be the case.

A great shadow covered the tower. And Charon could see the colossal stony body of a goliath pass over head, before sunlight flashed above, and once again there was that deafening clash from the fighting giants.

Pet Panda Pet Panda

Last edited:
Health: Fresh | Toughness: Background Ability (10) + Armor (1) [11] | Spell Power: Background Ability (14) + Knowledge (4) + Equipment (1) [19] |Manna: Background Ability (4) + Knowledge (4) [8]

Χάρων

The hooded figure swiveled its head to follow the progress of the behemoth and by some miracle the shadow remained over its face, the loose fabric flowing over their shoulder and quivering as it looked. A desert wind whipped through the city and tousled Charon's robe from behind. A raspy sigh emanated from the robe when that behemoth appeared. It did not see the other one approaching so far away. Swiveling its head back toward the Purrsian, a pair of dully glowing jade-green orbs shone from below the hood, as though the eyes of the being caught the moonlight and held it when it looked up at that mountain of a creature. Incoherent whispers filled the area sourcelessly; if one were to look closely, with every minute movement, a distortion in the air similar to that one sees when disturbing water seemed to eddy and flow off the form of Charon and in those eddies, the vaguest tint of the red of blood. It moved its right arm, the one without the oar, past its face and placed the hand across its chest, inclining its head and shoulders in a stiff bow.

Quickly raising its head, the hooded figure breathed in response, rather quickly considering the state its voice was in, "leeeeadd-hhh-derrr," it rasped vehemently, pointing then in the direction of the voice. It waited expectantly for the Purrsian to respond to the request. After it made the effort of offering help, it leaned against the oar in its left hand, wrapping both hands around it. Though it had its back a little hunched and seemed to make heavy use of a walking implement, there was something stolid about its comportment which did not convey a sense of feebleness. If the display of manna were not enough indication, the deathly robes seemed to glow a silver light under the moons' influence, and the deep shadows cast by the hood but pierced by the jade glow of its eyes suggested a being creepy enough to offer help if indeed it were on their side.

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Isa told Moss and Leonid of Vidya’s news before asking Leonid if he could message her back. “Let her know what we’re doing. I’m going outside to break off the weird connection outside.” He said, hearing the talons grinding on the windows, and flinched in surprise as the ground they stood on buckled. That was a strong hit!

He frowned, tense as he peeked at the merman who is struggling at the moment. “I’ll be back, Moss. Promise!” With that, the redhead turned into ashes and appeared outside. Somewhat close to the now bright triangle mechanism as he quickly held onto the hairs that clings onto the odd small stubby ear peg. His eyes narrowed from the billowing winds as he can hear the bird Goliath scratching Gaius’ head. Hair and clothing waving from the wind currents as the goliaths fight.

“Okay, time to break this thing.” The question is how...and then he remembers of the lazar beam from Pelgeia. That could definitely work, the steel that’s holding the triangle thingy is unnaturally strong. So a beam from a goliath would be able to get it off, if only he could aim his portals right and wait for the next beam- He stuffed that idea away for now. If push comes to shove, he’ll use that idea.

For now, he’ll try to break it on his own. Keeping an eye out in case of the lazar beam comes out again.

Health: Fresh | Toughness: 10 + 6 = 16| Spell Power: 21 |Manna: 2/10
Condition: 0 | Roleplay Points: 0/3

Main hand: Raven staff
Off-hand:
Armor: Dyed Leather armor

INVENTORY:
Alchemical = 438
Metal = 74
1. x5 trauma kit
2. x4 traps
3. Toolbox
4. Hiking gear
Isa 3/3HP
Toughness: 16
Major action: if Pelagia attacks Gaius with lazar beams, Isa will return it back with his semblance.
Minor action: holding on to hair

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
11232323.jpg
"Night"

"Will do!" said Leonid.

"Alright, stay safe, Isa!" said Moss, his voice veiling concern, though he knew that they needed him to go out. If anybody can fix this it would be him.

Out in the rushing night winds, amidst the heavy hurricane from Avion's wings, blue light momentarily shone across Isa from Avion's four eyes, as its stony beak plunged into Gaius' face --- there was the shattering of glass, and he heard Moss and Leonid's voices cry out from within.

Another growing fiery sunset at the corner of his vision, and Pelagia's sparking head shoved Gaius away from the dome, getting in between, and then ---

FLASH

Despite being this close, Pelagia missed --- another mushroom cloud exploded in the distance --- and the lightning branch connecting Gaius to the dome blinked, then disappeared in a flash of sparks. Looking down, Isa would see that his timing was spot on, the ear was gone, but so was the top of the triangular mechanism. Nothing but the melted white hot smoking base was left, and it looked like Isa could easily kick it open to get back in.

This close to the dome, Isa could see that the folks of Barad Eithel had swarmed the outside and were trying to get in. In the south courtyard, there was too much movement and it was too dark to make out Vidya and L, but he did see a familiar sight. A colossal portal, like a thin door big enough for Gaius to step through was lighting up, and he saw a familiar landscape of floating shattered lands, light coming from everywhere, and a vast expanse of vague nothingness. The Void.

1. Avion
    Hp 3/3, Toughness 16
    Combat +4
  2. Gaius
    Hp 2/3 | Toughness 16
    Moss' Combat +5
  3. Pelagia
    Hp 3/3 | Toughness 12
    Combat +2
Katsuya Katsuya

"You're a little creepy friend, but yes, that is Shaara, our leader. Shaara! It seems we have a mage who can help!" yelled the Purrsian.

Shaara looked back. "What is your name? What can you do?" she urgently moved over to Charon.

Pet Panda Pet Panda

2548251-bigthumbnail.jpg

Health: Fresh | Toughness: 12 | Spell Power: 12 |Manna: 5/5
Condition: 0
Speed: 4

Artisan | -2
Combat | 4
Charm | 1
Knowledge | 2
Larceny | 4
Survival | 3
Lilith Falciani

The gentle rumble of an engine echoed off the walls as a sleek black machine sped down the tunnels beneath the city. Its rider, a Half-Persian woman hunched over on its back, expertly weaved the tires through the debris scattered in their path, illuminated by the head lamp beam, as they followed a glowing line of runes. Approaching a bend the woman pumped the breaks, skidding Nyx around the corner and revving the engine to shoot forward once more.

"A simple job they said. Help cure some sick people they said." Lilith muttered, wind whipping past her. "Didn't say nothing about giants or floating cities. I am so not getting payed enough for this." Despite her complaining Lilith really was getting quite a bit for this job, enough to not ask too many questions and just get the deed done. Why where there giants fighting outside the city? Who knows. Who was trying to make the city fly? Who cares. Why were they trying to move it? Didn't matter. Lilith was getting payed to stop it and that was that.

Still she wasn't exactly given a lot to work with. Just "Go underground and find the Bhrumestone". Yeah, because that was so easy. Couldn't they have bothered giving her a map? Luckily there were energy rune lines to follow, though whether they led to the right thing or not she would just have to see...

Χάρων

Charon explains his plan to the bandit lady. Step A is to rally troops to this tower using a magical spell that he can use while the soldiers present assemble a crappy catapult using rubble with his help.

Step B is to use mustered forces and tools to attack in three places. While their best ranged people remain in the tower to focus on the kathulus, one half of the melee forces attack from their position and Charon will use an illusion to give them a minor element of surprise. One fourth attacks from slightly to the right to beleaguer the point where the forces meet, pinching off a portion of the enemy army. The final fourth swings far around, stealthily, to the opposite side of the dome. This sneaky group will then either harry the forces on the other side from a distance if the enemy does not muster on the main battlefront to support the strong attack, or attempt to penetrate the dome itself.

Though it was not clear under all of that fabric, Charon relaxed when the one who accosted him seemed to not raise alarm about his appearance. The boatman lurched against the oar and pushed itself slightly toward the woman. She asked a few questions and the being's dully glowing green eyes rested on her for a moment, in some way a confirmation that she was heard. Its eyes narrowed a little in an innocuous manner. Even without its entire face revealed, the eyes expressed a sort of defeat at her request. It glanced at the ground where for some reason or other a layer of sand was covering the ground and knelt down toward the sand. The creature then seemed to shudder with effort as it squeezed out, "taaa-hhh-king diffffficult; naaaa-hh-mee irrrrrelevent," in its harsh voice, a mixture of hissing and guttural growling.

It leaned down and with a crooked finger began drawing in the dirt. A single pointed spike which seemed to be something of a claw poked out of its finger, which it used to begin stiffly drawing in the sand. Its movements were unusually deft for something so stiff.

Right near its foot, it drew the first letter of the alphabet, though oriented toward Shaara. It seemed to be writing upside down for her sake. Underneath of the A, it drew the impression of the tower they were hiding in from the rear, and above it the crest of the city of Barad Eithel. Rapidly, it scribbled a little city skyline near it and tiny stick people with weapons running toward their makeshift base of operations. It then drew a wiggling border to the crest to indicate its magical origin. With a wide gesture over the scribbled scene, Charon attempted his explanation, its tone quivering and belabored by some unknown impediment, "hhhhh, ffffirrrsst, brringgg hhhhhhelp. I-hhh, mmma-ke bea-kkhh-con. Eeehh, hng, nemiess, n-no ssseeee."

It drew a swift line to separate that picture from the next. It worked quickly again, scribbling a very similar tower and behind it, a small rectangular frame supporting a long lever and cupped end. In short, a makeshift catapult. Near to the catapult, Charon scribbled a depiction of fabric with the telltale striped patterns found in the market, long thin rectangles closely resembling the timbers used to build the many (now ruined) houses in the city, or support the many (now destroyed) tents in the marketplace or street-side stalls, then near it, drew a curved to resemble rope. Above each, it scratched some numbers above the supplies haphazardly, as though they were unimportant. To finish off the masterpiece, it drew a somewhat jagged blob shape and then an arrow pointing at the bowl of the catapult, rasping authoritatively, a little faster, "nnng, ssssa-me ti-hhh-me, maaaaak-hhh-e wea-hh-pon, smmm-hhh-aart persssonss heeeeeeelp," it said vehemently, pointing its finger at the drawing.

Kneeling on the ground, it grunted airily and turned its body a little, clearly uncomfortable in the position, to face some more untouched drawing surface. It placed the second letter in the alphabet, oriented toward Shaara just as the previous one. It drew a large circle and dappled the sand around with its sharp claw-like fingernail, vaguely resembling the arrangement of those defending the golden dome. Around it, it lazily drew some rectangular structure to represent the nearest two rings of the city's buildings which surround the dome. Where the lazy ring of buildings was nearest to Shaara, Charon drew with gusto a smaller circle, clearly indicative of their position, and drew a tiny symbol vaguely resembling a bow and arrow. It then drew some triangles behind her current position, facing the dome, probably to represent their soldiers. One triangle was large, and the other two were smaller and the same size as each other. Quickly, the mage traced thin lines. From the large central triangle, it drew a thick arrow pointed directly at the dome and its forces with a few poorly drawn boulders flying in the direction of attack. Charon seemed to enjoy drawing the boulders.

For the smaller triangle on the right, it drew a curving line which extended around only a couple of buildings to the right of their position before turning in toward the dome, seemingly an attack from a different angle. From the small triangle on the left of their position, the boatman traced a path all the way around to the other side of the dome, then turned it inward for the people to strike from the other side. The creature halted its drawing and its dully glowing jade-colored eyes twitched all around the image, clearly mulling the thought over. After a moment, it drew a thick line in the sand between the dome's defenders and the large triangle's angle of attack, pointing its finger at it, rasping, "wwwiitthhhh mmmany, haaaalfffff hheeere, I hhhhide ssssoldiersssss, shhhhhhhh," it suggested, putting its finger to where its lips might be to indicate they should be quiet there. Then it extended its middle finger also to point at both small circles, "fffffourthhhsss heeeeresss, aaaaaaallll quieeeeeet," it said insistently. Though Charon was capable of masking their sound with his illusions, they could always screw it up without care.

"Aaaaarchhhhh-hhherrsss sssssstay," it said finally, pointing at the tower, "ffffffiiihhh, kkillll mmmmmmagessss," he suggested strongly. To finish their little briefing, Charon scribbled in the sand for her, under step A, fifteen minutes, then underlined it twice with such force that some sand was thrown to the side. Under step B, the mage scribbled ten minutes, but did not underline it. The creature stared once more at the pictures and then up at the leader of this bunch, hissing a final question, "hhhowww mannnyyyyy sssollddierrss khhhh innnn cccityy?"

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
“Aim it right-!”​

Isa held onto the hair as he pulled out his hiking gear again, tying the rope around his waist and to the hairs in case he fell off. Making knots upon knots to make it secure. Then he used the sharp hooks to jab into the thin cracks underneath the big hair strands, securing himself further as he-

He jumped, grabbing tightly as Avion crashed into Gaius’ head and heard glass break. Along with screams from Moss and Leonid-!

“MOSS!!”

Snarling and growling loudly, a wave of overprotection washed over him as he glared heatedly at the flying Goliath. Sickly yellow veins creeping out of indigo blues of his eyes and edging over to his cheeks. Yeah, no. That thing is going down.

No one makes Moss scream like that and gets away with it!

That’s when he saw a spark of ominous light from the other Goliath. It was getting ready to shoot it’s laser. Isa grinned devilishly, now yellow eyes narrowing into slits. With one gloved hand, he pulled out his staff from his belt and muttered his spell just as the beam was shot out-

A portal with indigo flames opened in between of Gaius and Pelagia, absorbing the laser inside. Then Isa quickly opened another right next to him, aiming it at the triangle thingy, and destroying it. The light connection flickered before it disappeared. The laser hit the sand dunes with a mush cloud. He huffed before looking around, sometimes stopping from moving closer to the smoky hot base as Gaius was jolted around from Avion. Then he moved on. There, he saw how the city was going through a war of it‘s own, citizens rioting as they fought the enemies. He couldn’t see Vidya or L anywhere but something definitely caught his eye and it made him slightly panic.

The portal. The giant portal to the Void where Loki lived in. It’s open . . .

Did Theosebia go inside already?!

“Ancient Loki, may thy veils confuse the demoness as she underestimates your skills. She created a giant portal to get to ya.” Isa prayed under his breath, believing that Loki can do anything as long one’s faith in him does not waver in the face of doubt. He is the Ancient of illusions, chaos, and balance for a reason after all these centuries. He is within his element, in his realm, and he is usually aware of who visits him. Yes, Isa is aware that she might have a plan to seal Loki but she needs the obelisks from the Goliaths to help seal him. So she’s probably gonna try to drag Loki out somehow. Where is the giant ugly blob of a mess with too many souls and eyes anyways, if she hadn’t gone inside yet?

Isa saw another spark of light coming from Pelagia and took a deep breath. He needed to save the last bit of his magic, already feeling tired from using most of it and without some sort of rest to recover. So he needed to act fast with Avion...

Then he took another breath, feeling like he has no other choice but to take that risk again. Let’s blast Avion away with Pelagia’s beam one more time.

Isa 3/3HP
Toughness: 16

Major: Use his last manna point for a portal defense against Avion.
Minor: Holding on and not fall off!

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
maxresdefault (1).jpg
- Beneath the Golden Dome -

Beneath the dome that had been off-limits to all but the members of the three gangs that ran Barad Eithel the past few months, it was revealed that indeed there was no excavation of ruins, just as Leonid said, but a repair of the ancient machinery that ran across the entire underground. There were pits of giant smelters, chambers filled with large machines for metal work, and great forges. Abandoned tools and bodies of tattered and emaciated drows littered the narrow maze-like tunnels, the blood still fresh, all fallen facing the paths that led higher up into the dome.

There were scorch marks on the metal floor, and as Lilith followed the rune lines, there were lesser bodies, and more bloody drag marks. Until she came upon a blockade in the mouth of a pair of large heavy metal doors, one of which had partially been wrenched off its hinges. A blockade of drow corpses turned into stone.

There was the sound of construction and heavy machinery beyond the blockade, and the humming vibration of something. Exploring a little there seemed to be a depot of sorts that looked like it had been hastily emptied, but there were enough supplies to create some make-shift explosives. There was a massive smelting pit as well, shimmering in a heat wave higher up the chamber she was in that looked like she could leap across with Nyx, or climb. There were some gaps on the metal wall on the other side of the smelter that looked like she could squeeze through them, and looked like it had a good vantage point too. The smelter also had a kind of furrow, hot with molten metal that led inside the other chamber, but was blocked by a metal gate.

What would you like to do?

Ian Temero Ian Temero

Shaara calmly looked at the plans as the battle raged outside. "Last time I went out, there were about three hundred scattered about in the metalwork and glass district. I had sent out some of my men to rally them here, hopefully they'll be here soon. Most of the Purrsians are out there handling that other army of foes that had gone out to try and stop whoever's inside Gaius. This is a good plan." she added, surprised and relieved that help came from such an unexpected source. "If you can call more folks here that would help." And she started barking orders for some to go out and scrounge whatever they can to make a catapult.

"You'll answer to our friend here!" he told her assembled gang members and townsfolk. "He'll tell you what to do!" Then she realized something. "What's your name?!"

Pet Panda Pet Panda

"Night"

After Isa's portal appeared, severing the lightning branch on Gaius, giant bright blue spotlights fell on Isa, as Avion's fierce gaze turned to him. The sparks around Pelagia's horns died down, and the goliath suddenly bull rushed Gaius, felling him. The earthquake from the roaring crash shook Barad Eithel, as Avion hooked its talons around Gaius sword arm and pinned it down. Its wings sent a dust storm over the flying city, as once more Avion reared up and plunged its beak into the eyes.

Moss and Leonid's sudden silenced shouts; Gaius stopped struggling.

And Avion pulled out its beak streaked red and Moss' bloody ripped clothing.

Suddenly Gaius kicked Pelagia off. Isa heard Moss' gurgled shout of defiance. Gaius lunged forward desperately, as a firework went off in the south courtyard of the dome. Metal shrieked as Gaius' arm reached for the courtyard, slamming off pieces of Barad Eithel --- it's fist closed around something, then it was dragged back, as Avion flapped furiously, pulling, and Pelagia rose and bull rushed it again.

BOOM

Once more Gaius was pinned down; Isa was being flailed around. And for the last time time, Avion thrust its beak --- and this time there was no sound from Moss.

Katsuya Katsuya

1. Avion
    Hp 3/3, Toughness 16
    Combat +4
  2. Gaius
    Hp 2/3 | Toughness 16
    Moss' Combat +5
  3. Pelagia
    Hp 2/3 | Toughness 12
    Combat +2