• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
- Caravan -

Isa's spells didn't manifest in the dream, but his hope and faith bolstered the stag and he could feel the evil things gripping his arms loosen, until they were finally free.

The stag nuzzled Isa reassuringly. It stepped back from him, and bowed. Slowly Isa could hear morning, the soft sound of breathing, as darkness edged his vision. His time was up, and he was pulled into the waking world.

When Isa fluttered his squinty eyes open and snuggled into Moss, he could feel that his arms hurt. Looking down there were bruises all along his arms the shape of hands of all sizes, going up to his shoulders, neck, even his legs and face felt sore. There was a smudging of purple ash all over his arms, and a foul luminous greenish-black ooze wriggling a little like worms where the hands had held him, and soot staining their bed and the peacefully sleeping Moss.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
“What a wake up call”​

“Thank you, Loki.” Isa croaked at the end as he succumbed to the usual route of waking.

The moment he felt pain, the redhead looked down to see why his arms hurt and immediately pushed himself away from the merman. Untangling himself in a hurry and keeping his dark and wiggling covered arms away. He opened his mouth and pushed the words out of his croaking dry throat.

“Moss! MOSS! Wake up!” Isa yelled, grabbing onto the sheets to yank it off and wrapping it around his arms; keep Okami safe should he try to go near him in his alarm. Moss can see that he was pale and shaking like a leaf. “And come with me to the bathroom! It’s important!”

The redhead slammed the door open, frightening the Grandmotherly rabbit while she was cooking eggs, and ran up the stairs to the men’s room. Slamming the doors open and probably scaring Max awake too, he shoved himself into the bathroom and said his spell in an unknown language. Touching the barrel that served as a tub. A golden hue bursts out a halo that was brighter than the morning sun before it faded out. The water seemed normal enough....if you counted the odd golden glow above it.

Then he dunked his arms inside along with the covers that covered them.

Anyone awake can find Wild Flower peeking her head through the doorframe of the men’s room. An ear quirked down; unsure and worried of what just cause Isa to panic and run out like that.

Zer0 Zer0

- Caravan -

"Isa? What's wrong?" said Moss groggily. Then he snapped awake, staring at Isa. "Isa, your face! What happened? ---- huh?!" he tumbled out of bed as the sheets were yank. He saw his arms and immediately flicked away all the crawling things. "Hey, what happened!?" he followed him quickly upstairs.

"Guys, what's happening?" called Vidya's voice from the girl's room.

Seeing Isa thrust his arms in, Moss did the same. He was worried and confused. "Agapiméni mou?"

There were sounds of doors opening as the curious faces of their friends came out. "Whoa, what . . . what were you guys doing last night?" said Max, confused. Sassy came out and her face fell at the sight of Isa's bruises. She looked at Moss with a how-dare-you smile if that was possible?

Then L's voice, which was a livid whisper, hushed everyone. "Isa, why do you have bruises? Moss." If it was possible for someone so small to look like a saber-tooth tiger, L did. "What. did you do. to Isa?" she growled. Her spell book was out, and very buff unicorns were beginning to float out from the pages.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

The moment he heard Moss’ voice nearby, Isa dunked his head in the water too. The merman would feel the shadowy worms burning off his arms, leaving him scarless and free of them. Same thing is happening to the panicked redhead that resurfaced with a gasp. He gave Moss a weary and troubled smile.

”I - “ Before he could even explain, everyone came jumbling in after the ruckus...and are blaming Moss for the bruises?

As L whipped out her spell book and buff unicorns coming out, Moss would see Isa standing protectively in front of him; in between everyone and him. His arms were free from the worms, leaving the bruises behind. “Nothing.” Isa growled back, eyes narrowed back. Looking at each one. “Absolutely. Nothing. Moss didn’t cause this, something else did.” He took deep breathes, obviously not moving away until everyone backed off.

”I’ll explain in the meeting.” Isa promised, softening his glare and stance once everyone relaxed. “For now, I just need to make sure we are free from demonic worms.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Caravan -

L and Sassy, and Max and Vidya, who were beginning to frown at a bewildered Moss who was about to speak, realized their mistake and dropped the spells and accusatory looks. "Okay." said the little gnome, apologetically. "I'm sorry, I thought . . . I thought he hurt you and made you do something you didn't like."

Moss looked between Isa and the group.

Sassy shrugged, and went back in the room; "Okay then." said Vidya, and spotted Wild. "Wiiiild, are you cooking, let me help!" and went down to the kitchens; Max was scratching the back of his head looking concerned at Isa and Moss, then nodded at them both and went back in the room, leaving L in the hallway.

"Okay, so umm, I'll --- I'll go now." and L awkwardly went back into the girl's room where the girls started whispering about what in the world just happened and what demonic worms?

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa grinned at L, accepting. “I understand. I mean-“ He gestured at himself and the bruises. “I’m covered but Moss is the last person to force me into anything or hurt me.”

One by one, he calmly watched everyone leave; his stance became relaxed now that it’s not crowded. He can hear Wild Flower‘s response. “A-ah yes! I’m making eggs and bacon with bread for everyone. Of course you can help me.” And her hops faded. He can hear her confused tones and her whispers with Vidya and Sassy about what just happened.

The redhead nodded at L, still grinning his casual grin. “Okay. Thank you.” He meant that in several levels, ones she can hear from his tone: appreciative, grateful for their first responses, and for trusting him. Once L left, leaving Moss and him in the bathroom, Isa sighed, ruffling his bed head. Then he looked over at Moss closely.

”Are ya okay? No more worms, right?” Isa asked, gently lifting his tanned arms to see if he had any left over. If he had anymore on him, the redhead would cup water and pour it over the purplish wiggly worms and soot. Seeing them burn into ashes that faded into nothing. He did the same for himself too as he explained to Moss of his dream, the reason for contacting Loki, and why he panicked the way he did. Pulling out the linens to check if they were purified too and they were.

”I’m sorry for what just happened. I honestly didn‘t see that coming, in-dream or in real life.” Isa muttered, rubbing the water on his hands and arms over and over again. Even when he is clean and free from the worms and soot. “I just wanted to check if Foxx’s information about Bird village was real and to find the cure. I didn’t expect to see Theosebia or her being able to break Ancient Loki’s veil through my dreams. She’s what caused this-“ He motioned to the bruises, stopping from rubbing his now pinkish hands and arms raw.

”and that’s why I wanted to purify us and everything we touched from the ... worms.” He finished with a huff.

Zer0 Zer0

- Caravan -

"Yeah, and I can't force Isa to do anything. Have you seen how he fights?"

L nodded at Isa and Moss, a little embarrassed from her mistake. "I'm sorry, Moss."

"It's alright, L, I'm glad your protective of him." he placed his hand on Isa's back and smiled at the little gnome.

L nodded sheepishly again and told them they can come to her to help treat the bruises if Isa liked, before she excused herself.

Moss sighed as well and looked at Isa closely the same time he did. "I am. More importantly, are you?" Moss' arms were all right. He walked around Isa to find all the bruises. The initial shock over, his expression turned into concern and an angry desire to know who hurt him right now and where they were located. But he just let Isa speak and get it out of his system first, as he poured sacred fire on him too, very gently caring for the bruises.

"There's nothing to be sorry for." Moss cupped his cheek, still frowning. "I can't believe that's what Theosebia is and that she has this power, that she's or it's in The Dust and no longer in Windshear. Does that mean that they were able to use the portal too?"

Moss had a lot of questions, but his primary concern was Isa. He gently held his hands to stop him from rubbing his arms and making the bruises worse. "I think some ice can help with this. Do you want to go back to the room? I can ice your limbs while holding you and keeping your torso warm in my orca form. We can do it one by one if you like? We still have two hours I think, before breakfast and the meeting."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa breathed out, leaning his paler than usual cheek to Moss’ wet hand. Brows furrowed as he nuzzled for comfort before nodding slow. His grin wiped off his face. “Yeah. Foxx was telling the truth about my uncle: they have permission access to use the main market route from the Templars. Loki always lead me down that route whenever I asked. I bet they have access to the portal too.”

He quietly whimpered when the merman held his hands to stop, not willing to pull away yet wishing to rub more. Dazed indigo eyes snapping up at Moss’ face before looking down at their hands and back up. Then he sighed and slightly held onto his hands with his own clammy ones. After thinking—- Moss could tell from the way Isa stared intensely, that his thoughts were jumbled—-Isa nodded nervously. Glancing down at the floor.

”Y-yeah, I wanna go to our room. “ Isa muttered, squeezing Moss’ hands. “I just wanna breathe.”

——-
- Wild Flower -

“That was certainly a way to wake up, huh?” The rabbit commented, flipping eggs over the pan with a fork. “You should’ve heard him scream for Moss. It was a fright— my fur ruffled!”

The women and Max had decided to stay in the living room, some waiting for the food while Wild and Vidya cooked. Sassy started to make her spicy hot cocoa drink as the kettle peaked once more. “Wonder what demon worms he was talking about...”She muttered to Vidya and Sassy. Then she shook her head, ears flopping from the movement.

“Anything you want to add in, Young Max? Ms.L? What about you two young ones?” She asked just as she started to hear footsteps coming down. Her ears perked up. Red eyes peeked over before opening her mouth, cracking another pair of eggs over the pan. “Anything you two would like along with eggs and bacon? Some tea or cocoa?” The rabbit asked, her tone slightly sweetened and lowered to show her worry as the most affected couple walked through the kitchen. She noticed how Isa slightly dodged or flinched when one of the other girls came close to his arms and hands...that were too pink for her liking——the bruises were far worse than she thought.

A flare of overprotectiveness flashed in her eyes before she looked away, giving them space. “How about a happy smily face pancake? I’m good at making faces on pancakes!” Wild Flower smiled like a loving grandmother, cotton tail wiggling. Isa looked down and cleared his voice.

“Yes please...”

”Coming right up, dearie~ That offer is for everyone else too!”

Zer0 Zer0

- The Meeting -

Moss nodded, and continued to hold his hand, though very softly that Isa could just easily let go if he wanted to. "By the way," he added, whispering, "you were very attractive all protective and growling like that." he gave him a small smile.

"I heard. Woke up to it actually." said Vidya, still curious about what happened. She had gone around the caravan, eyes flashing in magenta as she tried to see with her magic if something was amiss around their camp, before returning to Wild and trying to do most of the cooking as she really insisted the old rabbit rest and relax. "How are your injuries doing?"

L was feeling really bad for threatening Moss and said she just wanted hard crust bread and some milk, to which Sassy poked her hard, though not unkindly and asked if that was enough punishment and to go and eat properly. Max saw that it was the burned granny and their one-armed friend doing all the work, so he gentlemanly said that he was going to just roast some sausages himself over the fire.

Moss came down following Isa, and noticed L giving the two careful smiles as though she was still worried maybe she wasn't totally forgiven. Moss made a dramatic scornful face at her all snobbish with his nose flaring which made her burst out giggling like what are you doing? Then Moss grinned at her, and that seemed to make her relax.

"I'd like pancakes too, please with chocolate chips in them~" said Moss.

After eating breakfast, going to the bathroom and they were all assembled around the living room, sipping on what's left of their warm drinks, L looked at everyone. "Okay, let's start. I was going to talk about the donut toast first, but Isa, what happened to you and Moss? I heard a bit of your talk in the bathroom. Something about Theosebia?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Caravan -

He snorted, chuckling under his breath. Taken off guard by the compliment. Isa leaned his head on Moss’ shoulder and nuzzled his forehead. “Thank you.” The merman’s can tell that the redhead is smiling from his bashful tone.

————

Wild Flower looked at her new bandages, smiling. “My wounds are doing okay! Scabbing as usual. Really itchy. Was there anything outside, Vidya?” She put the eggs aside and on a plate along with the bacon for all to pick at, starting on making the batter. She didn’t see Moss’ funny face or Isa‘s amused smile and nod at L, but she felt relaxed with the atmosphere. “With chocolate chips, coming right up.”

After breakfast and getting clean in the bathroom, everyone gathered in the living room. Isa sat next to Moss, looking less pale and had covered his bruises with his sleeves except for the one on his face. A warm cup of cocoa in his gloved hands. Wild Flower has sprawled herself on the loveseat, leaning on it as she drank tea. The redhead started to explain of what happened. Telling everyone of his contact with Loki and looking for more information about what’s going on in Bird village. Of how asking about the cure lead them to the deserts. Of Theosebia breaking through Loki’s veil and chasing them down until Loki had to break through.

”That’s how I got these bruises. She somehow can affect others through dreams too. I was covered with demonic worms too when I woke up.” Isa sighed. “Moss got a little bit of them for touching my arms. That’s why I yelled and ran upstairs. To get them off.”

Zer0 Zer0

- The Meeting -
" Isa's Caravan, December 19, 600 "

"Barad Eithel . . . That's . . . that's my home . . ." said Vidya, shocked at the dream. "Magni and my mother are there . . ." Her worry had abated when she told Wild and the others outside was clear, but now, it had returned ten fold. She looked like she was ready to get up and go to the desert now.

"Okay." said L calmly. "So Manuel has the cure, and its in Barad Eithel. Are we putting the donut toast on hold to get the cure first and save Vidya's home, and then save Wild's home? Or should we split the party?" She took out the golden orb from within her hair and placed it on the table. "We haven't talked to that heart you saw when you activated this either, Isa." she added.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Caravan -

Vidya would feel a furry paw on her hand, gently patting her in comfort. Wild’s red eyes showed concern, not just for her own village but for the elf’s village as well. Her ears folded back. Isa’s uncle managed to make a mess while she was gone and now he’s about to do the same to Vidya’s village. ”Splitting up is a likely option at the moment, Ms. L.” She muttered, looking down at the floor before looking at L with a tiny frown. Her tea cup on the table.

”I’m worried that the Templars will take advantage of my village’s illness. I want to stop them before they can control my home fully.” She looked up at Vidya, half-heartedly smiling. “I’m pretty sure Young Vidya feels something similar since this... Theosebia, was it? Theosebia is dangerous and can cause harm.”

As everyone spoke and ping ponged ideas and problems of this plan, Isa started to ponder. Staring at the fire pit but not really seeing. They are aware of the templar army by the borders. Should Wild go, she’s going to need a lot of fire power and a way to surprise everyone while arriving- He sat up straight, eyes brightening as a familiar impish grin stretched across his pale face. Moss can see a light bulb lit up.

”Why not use the Sanctuary’s portal?” Isa asked. “I can fix it or figure out what’s wrong with it. Then someone can let The Godfather know about the path and well...ya can pass through with his army. I mean, I’m pretty sure he’d want to secure Bird village’s trade route.”

Wild flower’s ears perked up. “You think so?”

”He’s a business man first, Bandit second. So I think so.” Isa replied. “And this way, not only can we help both villages, but also stop my uncle and Theosebia’s plans at Barad Eithel and get the cure in the process. However I just ask that we bomb the portal after ya pass through, Wild.”

”Eh? Why?”

”I rather avoid another greed-filled issue.” Isa grumbled, pouting. “I’m willing to help ya with saving Bird village, that includes destroying the portal.....About that heart, L. How about the rest of ya talk with ‘em? Considering that ya haven’t spoken with him yet, I figured he’d like the company. I can stay out here and use my weather spell for whatever curious beings that come at our way.” He said at L towards the end.

”If ya want, that is. I’m fine with figuring out with donut roast while helping the villages. As crazy as that is....”

Zer0 Zer0

- The Meeting -
" Isa's Caravan, December 19, 600 "

Sassy and Max said that they're going to The Highlands too. The Sunken Temple was Max's home and until now he still hasn't had word from his and Sassy's friends there.

Vidya patted Wild's paw, glad for the comfort. She was going back home. Moss decided to help Isa with the portal. He didn't want people to find out and force Isa to be a Carver. And in the end the rest of the party decided to wait for the portal's completion before heading to The Dust. Though Vidya said that she was going to send a message back home tomorrow, and if the situation was really dire for her mother and Magni, she was going to go ahead.

"Okay then!" said L, a little nervous. "Could you please show me how to do that thing you did" she picked up the vault key from the table and offered it to Isa.

"I'm curious about the heart too." said Moss. "I just need to touch it, right?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Caravan -

Isa sighed in relief when Moss offered to help him while he examined the portal. “I can transport us to the portal so the carvers don’t see us going in and out.” The redhead planned. Wild Flower smiled at Max and Sassy; glad that she won’t go alone on this trip. “I’m going to guess that you’re going to help Vidya at her village then?”

”I want to.“ Isa piped up. His grin stretching wide like a satisfied cat who caught and ate a canary. “I like foiling my uncle’s plans after all~“

With that, the redhead nodded at L, reaching out to grab the ball. The grandmotherly rabbit tilted her head, curiosity brimming in her red eyes as she followed the golden orb...hm? Isa showed everyone how he managed to open it, expertly twisting and turning the sides like a rubic’s cube toy. “It’s like this and yes, you just need to touch it.”

”May I join in this as well?” The white rabbit asked. “I won’t ask anything. I’m just curious as to what you are talking about.” With a loud thud, Isa placed the orb on the table for anyone who wants to touch it before he could feel himself get absorbed in it like last time. “Be my guest then. I’mma grab my staff. Have fun everyone.”

Wild flower reached out and touched the warmed up surface, blinking rapid before she froze in place.

Zer0 Zer0

- ?? -

"Thank you~" said the little gnome, taking the ball nervously, ready to rotate the last piece on the key that would form the symbol of a circle within a triangle. She looked up as Moss and Wild placed their hand and paw, then she turned it.

The grooves of the orb glowed ember; everyone else in the room saw their expressions suddenly slack, hands glued on the key, staring at it intently.

The world muted, as though a pillow had been pressed over their ears. Wild rose, leaving her body behind. Through the floor, out from the roof and up into the bright early morning. The glare of the sun was so bright, everything was white. Yet the strangest thing was, this felt familiar to Wild.

All the bunny could see was Moss and L, both looking amazed, the little gnome a little nervous, and the white haired horned man excited.

Babump . . .

Babump . . .

A heart beat? A heart beat she had heard before. It was coming from everywhere in the whiteness. It was calling her, and it thumped excitedly.

'Ambrosia?'

Something awoke in Wild as the name echoed in her mind.

A hot sun . . . sand blowing inside a leaning tower ruin half buried in sand. A chamber of glass . . . great gears . . . the sound of someone washing clothes . . . laughter . . . hammering of metal . . .

Four maidens eating dinner together with her around a wooden table in the ruins next to a cooking fire, blueprints of a great machine on the table . . . dusty tomes stacked high . . . the vault key shining in the ember light it's insides aglow forming the symbol of a dragon eating it's tail . . . an open clockwork double door of gold and brass next to the table edged with the same ember light as the key opening to darkness, the gears ticking in rhythm, pulsing with arcane wind from the darkness, and a pair of ropes tied to a post outside leading into the clockwork portal . . .

A normal afternoon carrying tools to the maidens as they repaired the colossal engine . . . a sudden well of magic from underneath . . . an explosion . . . and after that . . . after that . . . what happened after that?

17894c90c42016-07_LWS3-EP1_Wallpapers-1920x1080.jpg

Katsuya Katsuya

- Wild Flower -
“A memory recovered”​

As the trio’s expressions slacked, Isa came back with his staff and snorted. “Is that how I looked like before?”

”With drool.” Sassy remarked, cackling at the sight of Wild and Moss’ ‘intense’ faces. She looked more tired in mid chew than intense staring while Moss’ seemed like he was daydreaming. Chuckling, the redhead went outside—- he noticed it was cloudy with the glaring winter sun shining down on them and the sky was white —- and took a deep breath. A visible puff of air left his lips. Raising his staff horizontally, he swiped his gloved hand across the engraved runes and sighed out his spell. The eyes of the carved raven glowed brightly. The clouds stirred...

Meanwhile, Wild Flower was sucked in and something clicked in her brain. This felt familiar. She looked towards the nervous L and excited Moss, wondering if she was the only one who felt like this...and it seemed like she was. She felt excitement ready to burst out of her, not out of curiosity, but of expectation. Her ears twitched at the sound of a heartbeat...a heartbeat?

“Ambrosia?” Wild Flower muttered, feeling a wave of nostalgia washing over her tiny form, memories flooding her brain. It was hot, the tower was leaning in the sands. She was hardcore washing clothes with a bin and washboard. She can hear four different laughs. Someone was hitting metal...sparks flying....

Moss and L probably didn’t notice her stillness as they floated, but they definitely heard a quiet sob. Should they look at the source, the white rabbit had her paws up to her mouth. Wet red eyes widened bigger than usual as tears floated around her furred cheeks just as it falls off the curves.

“That explosion...fire surrounded us and that caused my memory to fade too...“ Wild started to mutter under her breath. Her quietened voice echoed out loudly. Then she sniffled, swiping her arm under her nose. “Hello! I think we met before!” She said out loud. Then she said: “It’s me, Ester!”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- ? -

Wild would feel a hand on her shoulder. "Wild?" said Moss, concerned.

"Your name is Ester?" said L surprised. "Do you --- do you know each other?" she added even more bewildered, " --- and, hello, Mr. Heart, sir! I'm L! And this is amazing, and no offense or anything, but what are you?"

'I am Uroburos, and I am not offended at all.' there was no voice, but the amused heart somehow imparted to them its words. "I am, or rather have been called many things, the most recent of which is homunculus . . . Ester, indeed we have. An explosion you say . . . so the worse has happened.' it thumped disappointedly. 'And even more so, your memories have been lost again, but you seem to have remembered something. What happened to Good, Osborne, Elizabeth, and Tituba? Where are we? And what date is it?'

Katsuya Katsuya

- ??? -

Wild Flower —- or Ester —- snapped her gaze towards Moss, seeing his worry, and smiled. It didn’t reach her teary eyes. She reached up to pat his hand half-heartedly before looking at L, reading the astonishment from her face. The rabbit nodded.

”Yes, my name is Ester. I just remembered it...” She looked around in the blankness of the space as that fateful night rolled in. Listening to L’s stuttering before her ears twitched. “They died, accused of being witches and burned by the stakes.... I managed to escape from the explosion and from the Templars’ eyes. It has been forty years since their deaths, Uroburos.“ Ester sighed, her ears folded back.

”We are currently in the Fridge, East from the deserts, and close to the rotten corpse of Titan; now called Sanctuary under a Bandit lord’s name.” She replied.

Zer0 Zer0

- ? -

'I see, it is a pity that they are gone.' the heart beat thumped steadily. 'I quite liked their conversations. And the date for today?'

"It's the nineteenth of December, year six hundred." said L.

'Six days since someone last spoke to me. That was far quicker than the gap of forty years. There were two others before you who had come upon me. Their names were Isa and Vincent. Do you know of them?'

"Yes, Isa is my boyfriend." said Moss, who couldn't help but smile from saying that for the first time. It felt good to announce it. "Vincent . . ." he looked at L.

"Vincent left our group, unfortunately, said he was getting into something too dangerous for him to handle with not a lot going for him." said the little gnome.

'It sounds as though you not only know that what you have is called a Vault Key, but you also know that indeed it is dangerous. So, I am guessing you are a group that has the key? Why have you sought it?'

"The Vault of Memories."
said Moss immediately, eagerness and hope shining in his eyes. "This is a key. Do you know where it is? How this key fits into all of this?"

There was a pause. 'I must have, once, but I do not remember. Ester can tell you. She and her friends asked me the same thing, but I do not know where it is. I do know many other things that may help you. If you would be willing to help me?'

Katsuya Katsuya

- ? -

Wild Flower —- or rather Ester—- winced when Uroburos mentioned her name to help them. Her ears folded back. “I don’t remember a lot of things, I’m afraid. However, I can tell you about the area. Where the Vault of memories could be in.”

These kids had something this dangerous and stayed, knowing the dangers that came with it. The white rabbit couldn’t judge them for wanting the Vault of Memories in the first place but...thing is...she couldn’t remember what the vault of memories was. Maybe it was the large engine blade that they were working on before, but she couldn’t remember it or to be more precise, she didn’t have that much contact with the device. All she knew was that it was to help with their goals forty years ago. History is about to repeat itself, it seems...

Though this time, she won’t be there when these young ones find the vault.

“I remember seeing a leaning ruined tower in the middle of a desert. Half buried under sand.” Ester described her re-emerging memory. How the vault key was in some sort of fire and in the middle of a dragon eating it’s own tail, great gears, and golden doors. “I honestly couldn’t tell you what hat portal can do, but please do be careful. It has exploded once, I wouldn’t be surprised if it exploded again.” She warned the young ones before addressing Uroburos.

”My question is, however, in what do you need help with, young man?” She was curious of what he meant by that.

Zer0 Zer0

- ? -

'Ah, yes, Barad Eithel. Where we were rebuilding the engine blade. Yes, yes, the door . . . that door is opened by the vault key. You were searching for me. A mage's palace lies within that door. I think that is where I am, and that is what I would like your help with. Will you rescue me?'

Moss nodded immediately. "If you help me, I'll help you."

L thought for a moment. "Why did the portal explode?"

'I do not know. I have only learned of this now.'

"Is it dangerous, this mage's palace? Who's the mage?" said L very curious.

'It is Zosimos' castle. And yes it is dangerous. From Ester and her friend's forays into that place, they told me of mechanical constructs still alive after all these centuries that guard his life's works. Escaped monsters he had confined for his alchemical experiments. And time flies faster there. Hence the reason why I think I am in there. I cannot see, nor hear, nor smell, nor feel except for when someone comes to me through the key, but I know that time where I am is faster than the time where you are. On the outside, three days have passed since I last talked to your friends Isa and Vincent, but to me, it is a little over three hours.'

"Okay . . ." said L, thinking.

'You do not need to rescue me now.' the heart expressed immediately. 'I am willing to give before asking for aid. What knowledge do you seek from the Vault of Memories?'

"You are hospitable for someone who has been imprisoned." said Moss.

'I have been imprisoned for a long time. I have had my hopes dashed. And so I have learned to be patient.'

" . . . Do you know how to pass through the Pillars of Hercules? Pylónes tou Irakleíou in Nazja, or Pomon ob Hercules in Black Speech."

'Without passing through the tunnel?'

"Yes, or, something that can swim through the flow of water." continued Moss eagerly.

There was a pause. 'I do . . . a goliath.'

"What?" Moss' face fell.

Katsuya Katsuya

- ? -

Looking at Moss’ fallen expression, Ester hummed. Thinking he wasn’t expecting that answer. “Maybe you need to ask him a more specific question, Moss. Like ... for example...”

She wondered if she should revealed what she wanted... well she trusts them so...

”Is it possible for a living being that’s not another ancient or a demon to replace Titan as the Ancient of Earth?” She asked.

Zer0 Zer0

- ? -

'It is possible. Historians have surmised --- the real historians, not those templar scholars who rewrote history for the factions own agenda --- that the goliaths were attempts at matching the Ancients power. Perhaps not as a single goliath but as many working together they can change Leor for the better, though as far as I have been told, the goliaths are mindless. But if they are man made, then there is a way to control them. The engine blade we had been repairing. It has the power to destroy goliaths, but that same power can also be used with the right spell or machine to control them. Another way is to transcend to a higher state of being by asking, if not a demon, then another ancient, for that power.'

Meanwhile L was surprised at Wild's question, while Moss was silent and distracted with his own thoughts. "Then, about the Pillars of Hercules . . ." and here he looked at L and Wild hesitantly, " . . . I am cursed and so are my friends. I am actually a merman of Atlantis and we cannot pass through the pillars. Is there a way to break this curse and get our tails back?"

'That is possibly much harder than using a goliath, nevertheless I know of one thing that can break powerful curses. Panacea, made from the Water of Lethe. Lethe now warped in The Badlands. But I have been told before that clerics in Vanar use it, though rarely. I do not know where it is, but I am guessing that such a thing must be heavily guarded.'

"So it's either goliath or steal something from the Templars. This Panacea, do you know how to make it?"

'No, but I'm certain a cleric would know how.'

"Alright. I'll think about it . . ." said Moss. "About the goliath. Do you know how to control it?"

'Not yet, thought Ester's friends and their experiments were very close in finding out if you could recover their research.'

"Barad Eithel, right?"

L shook her head. "The Templars burned their research, but there were a lot of things like the Cheirokmeta that they hid. Maybe it's still in the Cerberus Assembly."

'You have the Cheirokmeta?' the heart was suddenly very excited.

"Yes?" said Moss.

'That can help me gain a body as well. I have never been this hopeful for many a long time.'

Katsuya Katsuya

- ? -

With that bit of knowledge, Ester nodded, sighing. So there are other ways. If only she knew how to connect with the Goliaths or know an ancient that would bless her to be an ancient too...one of Earth. “Thank you, Young Uroburos.” She smiled before looking at her companions, chuckling wearily at L’s expression. Then her ears perked up at Moss’ question, surprised of his conundrum. SO HE WAS A MERMAN! She knew he smelled too fishy-! Or shrimpy.

She listened before looking back at L. A cleric, huh...”Maybe Young L would know how to make this Panacea. If not, I do not mind venturing off to the badlands while fending off the Templars while your group goes to Barad Eithel. Hopefully Lethe is somewhere near Vanar or Bird village’s borders.” Ester suggested to Moss then she noticed something and looked at L.

“Is there something you want to ask Uroburos, Young L?“

Zer0 Zer0

- ? -

"I don't, but I know someone who does. The one who inspired me to become a healer, Master Morgan. I'll tell you more about her later, Moss." smiled L.

"Thanks." said Moss gratefully. Then immediately shook his head at Wild. "No, no, no, I'll go there. Not you, Miss Wi--- Ester. That's dangerous. Thank you, but it's my curse, so I'll go."

"We can go together, Moss." said L helpfully. " I know the River of Lethe is in the Thousand Cuts Badlands. And I've been through that land before." she looked at Wild and then smiled at her. "Not now, not yet. I'll ask later, thank you. And thank you too, Uroburos."

'You are all welcome. So you are all going to Barad Eithel, then? If I may ask, once you arrive there, will you please tell me the state of the Engine Blade? It is in the Southeast side of the fallen city, the great domed building buried in sand with ivory towers.'

"We will." said Moss.

And the two looked at Wild to see if she had more to say before they left.

Katsuya Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back