• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
- Isa Bianchi -

Did he scare her too much? Seems like it by her looking away...

Good.

Isa relaxed his grin, not taking his guard down. His eyes narrowed as he snorted. He tucked his gloved hands into his dark pants, leaning on one foot, listening to the slow answer. Then he quietly chuckled. Not sounding happy or joyful. Like he just heard a humorless ironic joke and he couldn’t help but laugh at it for being tasteless.

”Penny.” Isa started, grinning impishly. Tilting his head to the right as his fringes covered his right eye. “Ohhh sweet summer child. If only ya knew how terrible my uncle is and see his true slimy nature.“

”Perhaps this capture is a blessing in disguise for ya~” Isa teased with a purr. His voice took a deeper tone. as if he knew more than her when it came to his uncle.

Zer0 Zer0

- Isa Bianchi -

”Did ya know, Penny?” Isa said casually, teasing her as he watched her face twist in apprehension. “My step uncle knew my mother~ they were childhood friends~ he was aware of my mother’s occupation since she trusted him. Oh. So. Much~”

Suddenly, he went down to her eye level, squatting. “Wanna know what her and my occupations are?” Isa asked in an anticipated whisper. His grin held no mercy as he answered his own question. Not caring if Penny was ready or not. “My mother and I...We’re demon hunters under Ancient Loki’s protection. If what he said was true, he had access long before and after I was born for help.”

”Wanna know what he did to my mother when I was just a kid?” He asked excitedly. Then his grin dropped as sickly golden vines branched out in his indigo eyes. Shining brightly in his vengeful anger. “He murdered my mother by mining her soul out and left her body mangled and broken out in the wild like trash. She wasn’t useful to him anymore. He tried to do the same to me a few years ago and I had to live with horror of turning into a demon little by little. Thanks to him pouring demon hellmist over me and now this happens.” He pointed at his predatory-like eyes.

“As soon ya stop being useful, my uncle is going to kill ya and mine your soul. Just like what he did to my mother.”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Caravan -
"West of Ancient Bind Mountains, The Fridge"

There was surprise under all that fear she was trying to suppress at the presence of Isa and she pressed backwards against the wall away from him. She looked like she was picking a side. She didn't look like she doubted what Isa was saying. Like she was wondering where he was going with this.

"You . . .you want me to turn against him?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“I want ya to save yourself and leave my uncle.” Isa replied, leaning back, placing his weight on the heels of his feet. “Don’t go back to the Templars. Don’t contact my uncle. Save yourself and stay alive. Just...don’t be like my mother or me...if my companions agree to letting ya go or whatever they want. I don’t know what they will do with ya.” He added, peeking over his shoulder to see the others’ reactions. The he looked back at Penny.

”Personally, no one should force ya to kill. Least of all, my stupid uncle.” Isa said softly, not sounding vicious or mocking like before. He sounded gentle.

Zer0 Zer0

- Caravan -

Penny was surprised again. Her breathing calmed somewhat and she looked at Isa trying to gauge his honesty. Behind him Vidya was looking impressed, L too and she vigorously nodded at Isa encouragingly like the entire floor was his and to keep on going because he was doing a really good job just being scary with his face.

"I want to find the vault of memories as much as you do. I'm not here to save myself and just go on living without trying to change this world to make it better. So you've read his letter . . ." she look down as though recalling a memory that she regretted, then closed her eyes and pushed it away. She look like she was still picking a side. "Look . . . I . . . I know you won't let me go back to him. And I'm . . . I'm not willing to stop looking for the vault. But I don't want to die after this . . . This is a hard choice . . . I need to find the vault to revive the Archean. Okay? That's why I'm working with your uncle, because I think he can help me do that and maybe the world will go back to normal. So . . . I can't stop."

Katsuya Katsuya

"Yeah, I've been walking nonstop for days, I'm just glad to get a rest and some food." She smiles and yawns again, settling down into a nap. She only sleeps peacefully for about half an hour before the nightmares begin. Firstly, her parents, then her grandmother and lastly, those surrounding her. She jolts awake out of shock and cowers away from them all.

Zer0 Zer0 Katsuya Katsuya Felix Felix

- Isa Bianchi -

Seeing the women’s approval, Isa couldn’t stop his embarrassed huff. His cheeks in a subtle pink color. Dammit.

“Ahh~” Isa chuckled quietly, settling himself down on the floor. His cramped legs crossing like a pretzel. Penny can see that he’s starting to relax as the sickly yellow color has started to go away; back to the indigo. “In that case, why not join our group? Or just trust that task to us? Believe it or not, Leader is planning to do the same. Wanting to end people’s suffering and starvation. This way, ya don‘t get killed by my uncle and will have a way to revive Archean...of course, with Leader’s permission too. I don’t get the finally say.”

”Plus...I think Therias will be happy that ya are not pressured to kill anymore.” Isa muttered. “What do ya say? Penny? Leader?”

Zer0 Zer0

——————-

- Wild Flower -

In the tent, while waiting for Moss, Wild flower nodded. Smiling happily. “Good. I’m glad to hear that.” Then Moss returned. Seems like she decided to sleep close to Okami and Chocobo, surrounded by a bunch of warm fur and feathers. The rabbit stayed still as she quietly talked with Moss about food when suddenly, after a half an hour of quiet, Hester jolted. Frightening Wild in the process and she jumped too.

”Eep!” Wild squeaked, placing a paw over her beating heart. “Dear me-! I’m getting too old for jump scares— Young Hester? You’re safe. Just take a deep breathe to settle yourself.” The rabbit cooed motherly, staying in her spot, not wanting to scare her more as she watched the fae cowering.

“Do you want some water? More soup?” She offered, wanting to comfort the fae.

Zer0 Zer0 Jin137 Jin137

- Caravan -

"I think we need to have a talk with everyone about that first." said L from behind Isa.

"Hold on," said Penny confused by this kindness, "you're not mad I bound you and stuffed you in chests? And tried to kill you?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“I figured as much~” Isa peeked over his shoulder, grinning apologetically at L. “That‘s why I wonder if it’s best that she trusts us with the task than her join. Our goals seem similar.”

Then he looked back at Penny, noticing her confusion, and snorted. Reaching out, he curled his index finger and pressuring it with his thumb, and flicked her forehead playfully. His eyes narrowed slightly, agitated but not enough to be angry like before. “Oh We’re still pissed about that. What’s stopping ME from tying ya to our tower’s flag pole and leaving ya there to freeze is the fact ya didn‘t kill anyone. Period.”

“Ya are not a cold-blooded killer. Desperate is what ya are. There’s a difference: one has needed reason while the other is doing it for fun.” He growled at the end before clearing his throat. “I, at least, understand to a certain point of how desperation can affect a person’s mentality.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Caravan -

Penny flinched. "Ow!" yet her tense shoulders sagged in relief after hearing Isa's words. "Alright . . . I-I guess I should be thankful a flick is all I'm getting for payback . . . Th-thanks."

"I want to flick her forehead too." said Vidya. Penny gave in and let her flick her too without complaints. Penny looked expectantly at L after. L looked at Penny for a long moment, shook her head and then smiled.

"I forgive you." said L, stepping forward. "As long as you don't go back to Manuel and leave everything behind."

Penny was struggling, but it seemed at last that she finally picked a side. She sighed in defeat. "I . . . To be honest . . . I knew I would have to do ugly things to get what I want, but . . . after Therias . . . when I learned she wasn't like the other Templars who just looked away from people struggling to survive without magic . . . I guess I couldn't get it out of my head that I . . . killed someone who didn't deserve it . . . She was a nice person . . . You all are too, that's why I couldn't kill you after I got to know you guys a little. I thought . . . I thought you all had agendas not as noble as mine." She sighed again and looked sideways at the silver-haired thief who was still sleeping. "Manuel . . . So that's his real name . . . he is very intelligent, but very ruthless . . . I thought if I could get what I want, I could stomach all the ugly things I had to. The ends justify the means and all that. But . . . I just still can't get over Therias and . . . to start a war to make this world better is just . . . It's not what I want . . ." she looked up at Isa and L. "Alright, I won't go back to Manuel, but I'm not going to stop trying to revive the Archean. I'll entrust it to you. Please, when you find the vault, please tell me."

She looked again at the silver haired thief. "Will you . . . let her go, too? She only came because I asked. She's not my sister in blood, but she's as good as one."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa‘s grin softened as he watched Vidya flick Penny’s forehead and listened to the women talking. Feeling his agitation be soothed. He raised a brow at Penny’s request.

”That depends on two things.” Isa piped up, crossing his arms. “She has to swear on not contacting my uncle too and ya have to tell me something. Is she the one who killed the carver back at Sanctuary or was it the old man with the help of the Swiftsong mask?”

He added a hint. “I’m planning to bring the killer to The Godfather and let him pike the head at the gates.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Caravan -

Penny looked pained to admit this. "It was . . . it was her, but I gave her the shiv to do it . . . And yes I'll make sure she won't contact Manuel . . . Look, she was going to get executed. We had to escape."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“ . . .” Isa sighed, disbelief spread through his system as he thought she was too honest or she didn’t take his hint to lie to him. Or both. She should’ve blamed the old man!!

“Then ya need to break your habit of giving your friend a shiv and letting her kill people.” He deadpanned. What to do . . . He could lie to The Godfather. . . Seems like lying is the only way for him to get his bike back early than what the bear hoped. “. . . Fine, but I’m taking the old man. I’m done listening to your requests-!” He said, narrowing his eyes into slits.

”Ya hear me? No more!” Isa insisted. “Anymore and ya will find a hot pepper up your nose.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Caravan -

"I-I can't. Sometimes, you have to kill people when there's no other way. She only did it because she had to get out." Then she quieted when his eyes narrowed into slits, but then quirked an eyebrow at his threat, as though it was pretty lenient, but she wasn't complaining.

"All right. Thank you." she nodded.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“Then do the same thing ya did to us. Knock ‘em out and escape. Kill as a last resort.” Isa said back. Once she accepted the reality, the redhead huffed. Uncrossed his arms and pushed himself of the floor. Looking away and staring at the wall with a flat frown.

“No problem.” Isa turned around, walking towards the door. “Up to leader if she wants to let ya go here or somewhere else.” He twists the knob and opened the door before closing behind him. Then he took a deep breath, slightly leaning on the door as he stared at the floor for a few seconds. This is new for him, letting go of his anger, be it slowly. He wondered if Moss is affecting him more than he realized, choosing to not outright torment Penny and her friend and just talk with her; like how Moss talked with the people who were under the demons’ contracts a month ago.

The thought made Isa smile softly. Cheeks tinted pink before he smacked his own cheeks, leaving bright red handprints. No way is he gonna let the others see him pink. Heck no.

When he asked Max where Moss and Wild Flower were, Isa decided to wait by the fire. Sitting on the floor with his legs crossed and meditating.

Zer0 Zer0

- Caravan -

Too late, Max saw him. He must have thought what an odd interrogation it was if after a time of muffled conversation in the back, Isa came out blushing?

Meanwhile, in the tent, Moss was unsure how to handle Hester's abrupt change in behavior. He had been quietly talking to Wild while he read his book as the afternoon wore on. He was very interested in the seasoning of her cuckoo soup, and talked about how it surprisingly sounded very similar to the cuckoo soup recipe he's read in his cookbook Mistakes are Great. He also asked if she was going to cook dinner tonight, and if he could perhaps join her, probably with Isa? When all of a sudden Hester startled awake.

He thought it probably best to leave a lady problem with a lady, and so after asking Wild if it would be alright if he left, he petted Okami and then trudged through the snow back in the caravan.

The door opened in a swirl of wind and snow, before Moss quickly closed it, sighing in relief at the warmth of the interior and shrugging off his winter coat. He spotted Isa meditating on the floor and went over to join him.

"Hey," he said quietly, " interrogation going well?"

L, Vidya, and Sassy had not come out yet and the sound of muffled conversation continued at the back. Moss had expected to her shouting or hitting, but it seemed there was none.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“Oh! You have that book? Renee taught the recipe to me when she was still writing her book.” Wild Flower was interested in tasting his cooking and told him that the kitchen is for everyone to join. As the white rabbit tried to calm the fae, she gave Moss the go-ahead and continued to try to calm Hester.

Inside the caravan, Isa noticed Max’s staring at him. With a raised brow, the redhead told Max about the interrogation being a success and said everything that happened with a few short sentences. Then he meditated in front of the fire. He didn’t react to the door opening and closing, feeling the shiver down his spine as the cold air brushed his back. He hummed, smiling gently.

”Yea.“ He replied, fluttering his lids half open and stared at the fire. Then he wiggled himself closer to the merman, enough for his knee touching Moss’ leg. “I made a scary face and she talked. After we talked, she’s gonna stop contacting my uncle.” His smile grew warm as he looked at his beau. Eyes shining in his calm. “No torture methods, no screaming. Just talking. How‘s the stranger? Okami?”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Caravan -

Moss chuckled. "You made a scary face and that made them talk?" he repeated incredulously. He looked impressed. "That's . . . amazing and great! Now I'm curious as to what kind of face you made." Moss rubbed Isa's back welcomingly when he wiggled closer.

"Okami is a bottomless pit." He smiled, amused. "Even though he already ate he was giving me the puppy dog eyes and looking at my bowl of soup. The stranger . . . ." Isa could tell something happened from his unsure tone. ". . . her name is Hester, a fae though I don't know what kind. We didn't talk much, except something about separating from her grandmother. I think she passed away. Anyway, she slept after she ate, but now she's just woken up from a nightmare. Wild is caring for her."

He glanced at the back door. "I'm glad we have others helping us." He continued to rub his back. "O! And me and Wild talked about her cuckoo soup. Apparently the shaman healer Renee taught her the recipe. I was wondering why it tasted familiar . . ." When Wild had asked him about the cook book, he had grinned and said yes, Isa give him a copy. "I wonder what she's going to make for dinner tonight. I had asked her if i could help her. You wanted to cook together again right, Isa? Do you want to cook dinner together later?" he rubbed his back fondly.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“Y-yeaaa, well- I-it’s best ya don’t. Don’t wanna scare ya too, y-ya know?” He replied. Suddenly, Isa looked away, staring at the rainbow themed wall with sparkly bright eyes. His warm smile grew bigger and twisted as if he tried to hold back showing his joy and looking like a dork. Agggh! He can feel the heat on his face-! All from a compliment! Moss approved the scary face method! H-he needs to chill! Be cool and chill-!

Dang these fluttering feelings for making him flustered! T-these nice...fluttering feelings...that feels nice.

Feeling his heart stuttering with each caring rub on his back, the redhead didn’t realize that he’s in the open. Revealing his red face, ears, and neck as he sucked in his happy smile for all to see, including the one who caused this funny reaction. Clearing his throat to gather his composure, Isa faced the fire, listening to Moss talk. He chuckled about Okami. “He’s adorable.” Isa said fondly. Though he raised a curious brow at the mention of the stranger and her waking up from a nightmare.

“Oh...that‘s...I hope she’ll be okay. Nightmares can be hard to recover from, especially in new places.” Isa commented, empathetic towards Hester in a certain degree. Then a corner of his lips quirked up as indigo eyes gazed at his beau. “I‘m glad too. It feels secure. Hm?” He tilted his head and chuckled. Reaching behind him to hold the merman’s hand and squeezed tenderly.

“Of course I do. I miss cooking with ya.” Isa mumbled at the end. “Always want to cook with ya.”

What is he, a shy maiden?? There’s nothing shy worthy for the redhead to be timid-sounding and yet, here he is. Timid and excited...for a good reason called spending time with Moss. Ahhhhhh!

Zer0 Zer0

- Caravan -

Moss was amazed how his simple actions made Isa giddy. It made him happy he can make him happy like this. He held his hand back and smiled, "Great, then I think I'll go ask everyone once they're done what they'd like to eat." He paused a bit, thinking. "Isa, I'm curious, can I see the scary face?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

”Okay~” Isa smiled happily. Then he blinked owlishly, tilting his head. A corner of his mouth quirked up. Cheeks stayed red.

“I-I don‘t think I can do it again right now.” He replied honestly and quietly. As much as he would like to impress Moss, he doesn’t want to scare him! Nor can he right now!

“I-I’m too happy.” Isa mumbled at the end, staring at the floor as he was unable to face the cause of his giddiness.

Zer0 Zer0

- Caravan -

Moss smiled sweetly at him. A few moments passed of him gazing at this shy maiden man and smooch, Isa's cheek was pecked. "Alright, alright." he said placidly, squeezing his hand. "Someday then." He gave his back a final rub, before he stood up, hung his wintercoat on one of the chairs, and then went over to the barrels and cabinets by the iron stove to check their food supplies. "What do you want for dinner, Isa?" he opened a clay jar of something, then sniffed it and nodded in approval. "I'll make you whatever you like if we have the ingredients."

After a few moments of talking, the backdoor opened, and Penny came out slowly, followed by the silver haired thief. Both had blindfolds back on, and still had their hands in sealing cuffs. They looked wary, but calm and obedient. Vidya followed behind them. "Hey, guys, leader and Penny here decided that they're leaving now. Plan is to take them some ways away from this place, far enough where they can't track us, before taking the cuffs and blindfolds off. Can one or two of you come with me? And can we take Okami too? I'm borrowing Ralph as well."

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Isa squirmed in place, peeking up sometimes to see Moss’ sweet smile only to look away again. Swaying a bit in his silent joy. It’s nice to see Moss happy like that- the redhead tensed, surprised to see Moss so close and smooching his cheek-jugigkfms~ The redhead is steaming red. Dazed and happy as he squeezed back the sweet hand as Moss stood up. Not letting go but holding on as long as he could as Moss slid out of his hand.

Haaa~ he felt warm and fuzzy~

”Hmm~?“ Isa tilted his head back a bit and peeked over his shoulder. Smiling warm and sweet. He pushed himself up and walked over to where the merman is. He lightly bumped their shoulders together as he reached for another jar that smelled lemony. “How about...lemon pepper chicken? With rice if we have any.” He suggested and sighed, smile still in sight. “Or Pot sticker dumplings if we have pork.” He was open to whatever Moss suggested too.

After a few moments, the click of the door opening jolted Isa back to reality from his happy daze and he looked over. Seeing Penny and the silver thief in blindfolds and hand cuffed, coming out of the storage room first with Vidya following behind. “We’re making dinner for everyone so-“ With that, Max and Sassy volunteered to go with Vidya. Isa poured the last remaining warm soup in their canteens so they can stay warm outside, telling Moss that he will send them off. He wore his trench coat on, lending Vidya his ghillie suit so she can blend in the snow.

”Stay safe, you three.” Isa said as he watched Vidya helped the duo thieves on a mount. Nuzzling and rubbing Okami’s head as he waited for them to get on. Lanterns hanging on the mounts’ sides for light. Then he walked over to the polar bear dog’s side and gently patted Penny’s knee once. “Same to ya and your friend. May Ancient Loki’s ever watchful eye look after the both of yas.” He prayed before letting them off. It took no time for the group to disappear in the snow storm. Within three minutes, Isa couldn’t see their figures anymore. So he went back inside quietly and helped with making dinner.

Zer0 Zer0

- Caravan -

Noticing Isa didn't want to let go, Moss' slipping hand went taught and he held Isa's hand longer. When he got up to join him, he bumped his shoulder back, grinning, and clasped his hand one more time, and they went about checking the ingredients one handed together.

"Lemon pepper chicken sounds good, but I don't see the rice, do you know if we have any?" he bent down to check the lower cabinets, then pulled out a sack, "O, but we do have soy beans, if you're okay with that?" He nudged the sack of beans aside and checked out the slabs of cured hanging meat, sausages wrapped up in thin rope, and frozen fish suspended within ice crystals in the corner of the kitchen. Moss sniffed them and smiled, pulling out a string of meat to taste, and offering one to Isa. "We have pork, we can make both, Isa," he smiled, leaning on his shoulder, "you can pick whichever pork we'll cook, if you like."

"As for me, hmmmm~ I think I'll steam some of this pork and make a siomai platter." He placed his hands on his hips. " Isa I think we should have a feast. Celebrate getting back the key, the interrogation going well, our surprising reunion and new friends."

When Vidya came out with Penny and her friend, Moss asked Vidya what she would like for dinner, Max and Sassy too before they left. He told them there was already chicken, pork dumplings, and pork siomai. Max wanted tempura, while Sassy wanted crepes in orange and wine sauce with chilled avocado and a chocolate drink with a kick of cinnamon and alcohol in it, and Vidya wanted ramen. Moss was excited to cook for this many people and nodded enthusiastically at their various orders, though he told Sassy he's going to have to ask for her help with the crepe sauce as he didn't know exactly how she wanted it.

When Isa sent the trio off, Vidya thanked him for the ghillie suit and wore it. She shouted through the blizzard that they'll be back soon; Okami licked Isa's hand; and Penny, still blindfolded, nodded at Isa saying, "You are surprisingly nice. You as well, we won't forget this mercy. May whatever remains of the spirit of the Archean keep your feet from stumbling and guide you on safe roads in your travels." and then the group was gone through the curtain of snow.

* * * *​

The afternoon wore on to sunset. Still the blizzard howled and night came on early in the red autumn forest where their caravan was hidden.

L still hadn't left the back room and judging from the muffled sounds of angry voices it seems that she was having a hard time interrogating Foxx. Vidya, Max, and Sassy hadn't returned yet, but that was all right. They said it might take them a few hours.

It was a different atmosphere in the busy kitchen. Fires were cracking merrily, the smell of sauteing onions, cooking spices, steaming pork, and baking chicken filled the air. Moss was happily chatting to Isa about his adventures in the Menagerie Coast after a ship picked him up in the sea in The Highlands. "He was an odd mage but I really wanted to learn his polymorph spells and so I helped recover his caravan of exotic goods from the pirates of the Sea of Whispers. We had to do it without leaving any traces too, so it was hard. I couldn't exactly go in guns blazing but luckily Leonid, the mage, had the idea of pretending to be an exotic monsters peddler and brought me in my orca form. The pirates actually bullied him and stole me from him so I was able to get in their ship."

Katsuya Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back