• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Vault Hunters (OPEN) - Interest Thread

Zer0

Haiku Hitman
counterplay-games-chapter-17-the-ascension-of-emperor-sargos-3-2-1600-logo.jpg- Vault Hunters -

Hey Vault Hunter,

Apologies for all the dangerous risks and inconveniences you had to go through to get this letter. One can't be too careful these days, with all the witch burnings, mage slayers in disguise asking questions and raiding forts with all the authority of the Templars. I hope this letter finds you well, friend, and that your loved ones are safe from this purge.

As promised, here is the date and address of our meeting: 13th of December, The Gentleman's tavern in the fortress of Sanctuary. It's the tavern closest to the ruins of Fell Thalas. And yes, you read that right, Sanctuary, that wonderfully stubborn haven for the truly free. You may have heard of it as a lawless black market overrun with thieves and scoundrels, but I assure you the Templars don't have a hold there, so it's safe for us. And you will be safe from the locals, just prepare a hefty toll to pay at the gate, don't dress rich, and when the gate keepers ask you who you know, show them the insignia on the letter. You can't see it right now, but I'm sure that someone with your magical prowess can make it appear.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you who I am again. I know I promised, but the last two letters were intercepted, I don't know by who, but someone is on to us. So, you don't need to send me a reply. I won't be using the last address I gave you anymore, neither will I be receiving any more letters. Instead, I'll find you in the tavern, alright? I will be waiting there for a week at most, and then I'll be gone.

I do hope that you can make it. Just be careful and don't be followed, and you'll be alright. I look forward to working with you, friend, and I promise that when we meet, this time I'll tell you what I know. Also, to be honest, I researched you and I found the stories you told me of your skills and exploits to be true. My trust in you grows, and I believe that together we can make what people said was impossible possible, and find the Vault of Memories. We'll gain the knowledge to make our dreams come true.

-L

• 5c1b5f1afa0a108283e2edd90b3b83e8.png

- Overview -

Welcome to Vault Hunters! An action and exploration campaign in a post-apocalyptic Final Fantasy-ish setting, with the dangers of Borderlands and the looming threat of a huge cult that dominates the land, that hunts witches and wizards who dabble in Mechromancy, the melding of magic and machine, which happens to be what your character is interested in. This is the background of the story:

"The vast wilderness of Leor sits among the solemn ruins of the Age of Arcana. An era where flying cities soared across the skies, and travelers walked through streets paved in emeralds and rubies, thrumming with magic. Men lived for a long time, exchanging their aging parts for unyielding metal and clockwork hearts. Such was their mastery of magic that they could even bend time and tear holes in reality, crossing otherworldly realms for conquest, and bringing back strange creatures and wonderful gifts.

But it wasn't enough, man's heart had always been plagued by an insatiable greed, and in their arrogance they challenged the Ancients for their homes and their power. This was 600 years ago. They lost the war, they lost their memories, they loss the first languages, and all that's left of them are their crumbling cities, ancient artifacts and tomes that we can't read. Now the weather in Leor rages, a reminder of the anger of the Ancients, as the remnants of their divine creations, the Goliaths, colossal monsters that roam the land, keep the remaining dwindling population of man humble.

Now we struggle and fight each other to survive in this harsh land. One faction is rising, close to taming and making this wilderness civilized: The Templars, fervent worshipers of the Ancients with over ten thousand followers who've vowed to not let history repeat itself. They forbid all magic that is not natural or divine and seek out to destroy the heretics who seek the knowledge of the Arcana."

Us heretics, in fact. In this campaign our characters are seeking this forbidden magic. Be it as simple as to provide a better life for our loved ones, as mysterious as understanding what this talking floating crystal heart is that shot out of a portal that just appeared out of the blue, or as intriguing as looking for a way to create the Philosopher's stone to give to the dying emperor, your father, so that out of all your siblings, you will be the heir to the Chrysanthemum Throne. Whatever the reason, your search has led you to L, a wanted man infamous for deciphering and leaking out the knowledge about the Vault of Memories, where rumors say is where all the lost knowledge of that prosperous era was hidden away by the Ancients.

a350eeea1293fc7ec4768c3e022cc0e2.jpg

Main RP here. We're currently at a boatman resting camp run by bandits. Kinda like a mafia where they're criminal, but they protect the trade route of their territory and the people passing there who do business in their bandit fortress. Feel free to ask me or any of our Co-GM's Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle and Katsuya Katsuya for a summary of the story.

Last edited:
I love the art and immense body of lore. The freedom in character concept is also really nice, I usually flavor the heck out of my characters, so I feel right at home. I might be interested in joining, if I ever get through the material...

Is there a deadline for deciding? I am starting a new thing now and I don't have capacity to study two lores at once. But some of my older RPs are dying a slow death (aka one post in three days) and once I get going, I should be able to start this too.

Is there a deadline for deciding? I am starting a new thing now and I don't have capacity to study two lores at once. But some of my older RPs are dying a slow death (aka one post in three days) and once I get going, I should be able to start this too.
Hello~

No, there isn’t a deadline, but we do have a limit to an amount of players. We’re currently open for 2-4 players. If ya need an update on the lore, Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle and I can help ya be informed on the rp. Just let us know, okay? :closed eyes open smile:

Hey, I don’t know if you are still accepting, but i’m Interested and still kind of new to this
Hi!! We are still accepting! And no worries. Ask as many questions as you want and we’ll answer them.

go here to make a character sheet~

Wow, this seems cool. I'll submit a character (and I'll also be ready to edit it until it's correct) if there is any room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back