• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
- Wild Flower -

Echo hummed, slowly nodded once. “Not surprised there. With the explosion, we’ll be taking the Templars by surprise-“ and here, is when the satyr gave Max a syrupy sweet smile. Her head tilting to the left, pots swaying gently. She looked so nice with that smile- “And I shall be counting on getting the first punch on Giovanni’s face.”

Never mind.

Wild Flower flinched and turned to the tall pair. Her lips pinched as her ears slightly folded back. “ . . . Please don’t make a hole...again.”

”No promises.”

———-
- Isa Bianchi -

Isa ignored the narrative epic voice that’s speaking up for Sassy. Closing his eyes for a moment and counted to three before opening his eyes again. Listening to Moss. Then he chuckled, shaking his head. Autumn red hair swishing for a moment.

”This must be an offering for Ancient Loki, the prank I mean.” The motorist raised a gloved hand up to cover his ever growing smile. Biting back his laugh. It’s a good prank! He feels bad that it’s played on Moss and Sassy but- I mean, who would just grab a random item—

Wait, no. Never mind. Isa did the same when he picked up the Vault key.

”I’ll leave a note saying ‘take one’ with a plate of chocolate chip cookies next time.” Isa muttered and addressed to the pranked merman. “Thank ya for making Loki laugh by the way. I’m a bit surprised that ya see yourself like this though.”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Savage Gym of Savagery -
" West Lung District, Sanctuary "

"You got it, ma'am." said Max immediately, withdrawing a little from that syrupy sweet smile.

- Muffin Top Springs -
" Outside the Southern Border of Sanctuary "

Moss chuckled when Isa closed his eyes. "Mr. Narrator is right though, that was a very swish reply." he gopher grinned.

He gave him a bald deadpan when he thanked him for making Loki laugh. "Isa, if it was for any other Ancient, that would be a no because --- and you can say it, I do look ugly, but since he did bring you back safely from The Void, he is welcome. Also, this place looks amazing. I think travelers will be surprised to find a finer looking diner place than what their used to." He added looking at what was once a deforested looking logging place with only the hot springs to redeem it, now looking charmingly rustic.

The upper surfaces of the logs and stumps were smoothed out, rings slightly visible under a gentle burn, darkened in a rich caramel color. As if a light wave of fire washed over and stopped at the ends as to not burn the bark. The ashen branches above the stumps were free from snow, oddly enough, red leaves glistening in it‘s snowflake glittering glory under sunlight. They were mysteriously shifted to be on top of the stumps too, should the surrounding trees be close enough, leaving only a small opening in the middle where the light comes though. The snow around the areas were gone too, there wasn’t any slush or slippery mud.

There’s also small pile of folded red clothed napkins on top of one of the stumps. Ready to use and reuse

Moss smiled and then kissed Isa's cheek. "Thank you. You can relax now, Isa, you've been working hard the past few days. I can make you something nice and hot later too." Then he looked confused. "What do you mean you're surprised to see me see myself like this?"

As they chatted, he went over to the panting polar bear dog and chocobo and untied their burden some ways away from the camp. With the strength of the mounts, he hung the big beefalo on a tree, and now with it ready, he took out one of the kitchen knives Isa had given him and began to skin it with the quickness and grace Isa's seen him do over and over again whenever he came back from hunting during their travels.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa snorted, raising a high brow at Moss’ tease. “I shan’t be swish with my replies then.” He teased back.

The redhead coughed in his hand when the merman gave him a deadpan, hiding the ever growing grin. He wasn’t ready to see the bald deadpan look at all! He cleared his throat and took a deep breath, cupping Moss’ tanned cheeks. “Yes, dear.“ He said, grateful affection poured in his tone before leaned in to peck the tip of his nose and let’s the merman see the area. Holding his hand once more.

He couldn’t help himself. He stood a little straighter, puffed his chest a bit when Moss complimented the place. His amused grin softened to a bashfully happy smile. The redhead was happy to help. An eye closed as the merman leaned down to kiss his cheek, chuckling and nodded. Then his eyes sparkled like the clear night sky with bright stars at the mention of Moss’ hot and warm surprise. “Alright.” He tried to not sound so eager, however he started to gently sway in place.

Isa hummed. “Ya read the prank letter, ya? ‘Take one, and may Loki's eyes reveal all things as they truly are to you, fellow traveler'. It’s saying that underneath your human shell, this is what ya believe to look like beyond Loki’s veil. On Sassy’s case, she believes that she‘s an honest person to a fault...in an epic way, I suppose.”

As the pair talked more, the redhead watched Moss cut down the beefalo with the knives he gifted the merman a few months ago. He pulled his fluffy hood up as snow softly fell from the white sky. His cheeks turning red, his heart pumped faster than before, glee flowing through his veins. The knife sliced through the meat with ease and grace. Indigo eyes watched Moss’ happy face and once again was reminded that he looks much more handsome now than ever—— even when he has gopher teeth and is bald.

Isa is pretty sure that he is not going to let this memory fad—-oh! An impish grin spreads across his face. Then he disappeared, leaving behind ashes.

Next thing Moss knew, a flash of light appeared for a second. A familiar laugh followed suit. His boyfriend is holding the camera close to his chest, lens aimed at him. Isa could only grin. “For memories, Tesoro~”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"O, no, no! Not when I look like this!" Moss held up his hands trying to cover his --- too late. And the funny memory was captured forever~

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“Too late~” Isa purred, grinning mischievously. Bringing the camera closer to his chest. ”Thank you, mi Tesoro, for Leh wonderful memory~”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

He deadpanned again. "You are welcome, agapiméni mou, I'm glad to make you laugh." Then his sarcasm turned into an amused smile, then a soft look. "Really, I'm glad you're happy."

After hanging the large beefalo skin and feeding the guts, save the heart and liver to Okami, Moss took a break and asked Isa what kind of hot drink he'd like to have. He asked L and Sassy too, it turned out that the curse they both had were too strong for her or Moss to dispel, but it was slowly wearing off as small tufts of white hair began to reappear on Moss' head and Sassy's epic voice was now taking longer pauses before narrating again.

After approving of L's signs and serving everyone their hot drinks, Moss joined Isa with the same drink he was having and sat beside him, just enjoying a hot mug as the snow fell down their nice rustic camp. "Isa, if that prank was showing how I see myself --- ugly in the inside --- then, what would happen if you took a piece of the treasure? Would you turn into a cinnamon bun?" he grinned.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Isa stared, his chuckling quietened. His breath deepened as his mischievous grin softened to a bashful smile, one corner of his lips raised higher than the other. Pale cheeks reddened like the winter frost melting off of apples. A gloved hand pulled down one part of his furred hood, covering his left side of the face. Leaving only his right side. An indigo eye shining brightly. Not exactly trying to hide nor was he willing to show it to the world either...just Moss will ever see this side of him. This enamored part of him...

Unable to resist and swooning, the redhead walked over to the merman and leaned in to kiss him. Using the camera to cover their kiss from the caravan‘s view. Once again, chuckling at the feel of those buck teeth. “I’m happy that you’re happy too.” He whispered back before leaning away. His heart thrumming like the strings of a guitar, plucked to make wonderful music within his soul.

As Moss went and finished cutting the beefalo apart, Isa decided to keep him company the entire time, sitting on one of the logs as they chatted random topics. Then the redhead perked up when the merman decided to take a break and offered to make a warm drink- “Hot chocolate! I-if there’s any, I mean. I’m up with tea too!” The redhead mentioned, stuttering in his slight fluster.

Though he noticed that tuffs of white hair is starting to grow back. He couldn’t help himself...Isa touched it with a bare hand, chuckling again as he gently felt the newly soft ends. “Imma guess this is like the chocolate chip cookie prank. Seems similar with it’s time limit.” He said out loud, just enough to hear Sassy’s narrator pause before speaking out again.

As the pair enjoyed their time together, sitting on one of the rustic logs, and snuggled under a warm blanket, Isa looked at Moss. Blinking owlishly. Then he hummed as he pondered. Taking a sip from the hot chocolate and munched on a melting marshmallow before snorting. “Yes, Moss. I’ll turn into a cinnamon bun with frosting and cherries on top.” The redhead shook his head, grinning.

”No, I think I would turn into a monster.” Isa admitted softly, looking at his steaming cup. Then he looked at Moss with a raised brow. “Maybe a cinnamon bun monster?” He didn’t believe that for one bit, but meh. He was having a good time.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Feeling more at ease the more Isa was normal around him despite his baldness and gopher teeth, Moss smiled brightly and kissed Isa back behind the camera under the softly falling snow.

Now, sitting cozily next to him in a blanket they shared, he watched the steam from their chocolate mugs swirling together, and closed his eyes as Isa patted his head. "Thank goodness it is, I was worried the prank was going to last longer. It seems your fellow Loki followers can also do strong magic, but they use it for pranks. I feel somewhat safe?"

He laughed. "A cinnamon bun monster." He thought for a moment, looking up at the frost dusted autumn leaves above them. "Maybe an adorable cinnamon bun monster, like the way Okami and Ralph are adorable monsters. If you like we can pass by the shrine on the way to The Dust and see what happens? Maybe we can even have L and Vidya try it too, I wonder what's going to happen to them."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“We’re basically a Sect specifically to create chaos and order within the metaphysical realms.” Isa shrugged his shoulders, chuckling. “Hence the pranks we do. We like to have fun most of the time. It was probably one of older members that just pranked ya.”

When Moss suggested that the rest of the group take one too, the redhead leaned on one of his elbows to stare at Moss. Disbelief dancing in his eyes. “Ya are suggesting that we do the same thing and get purposefully pranked?” He asked seriously—

A wide grin spreads across his face. Mischief~ “That sounds like fun, ah! But we should ask them first if they want to. If not, then let’s not, okay?” Isa added. “After we finish the food service too.” Just in case Isa does turn into a monster of sorts.

”Wouldn’t want the customers to be chased by a cinnamon bun monster on their heels...”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss laughed, "Alright, though that would be funny to see."

After their cozy time together, he was in high spirits, as he sliced and diced the beefalo, got his blue crockpot boiling and dashed salt and seasoning into the meat, and got some herbs stewing; L ran down the mountain with Sassy to start putting up the signs by the merchant road, while Vidya arrived with a keg of ale, going "Whoaaaaaa", at the rustic scene and the delicious spread.

The ribs, shanks, brisket, loins, heart, and liver were roasting above a large bed of coals, while the rest, including the bones were boiled into the broth that had some potatoes. With a big stick carved into a spoon, Moss removed all the bones, digging out the delicious fatty marrow inside and putting them back in the pot for some rich, fatty, likely-heart-attack-inducing goodness. When the ladies returned, L and Vidya watched, drooling.

As was his style, his preparation was a show, and he grinned at Isa and the ladies, as he posed and prepared the food with grace and flair, his hands glowing white, fading into swirling blue Atlantean runes up his arms.He controlled the snow, melting it into water and making octopus arms that helped him do the work faster.

Soon travelers from the road started to come, curious folk wondering why there was a diner here, and then their faces transforming into pleasant surprise at the sight and smell of food. Sassy was using the epic narrator voice to make travelling mercenaries and bandits laugh, while L's smol gnomish charm was drawing in families.

Isa could tell that they have never seen the way merefolk in Cascata dell' Oceano sell food. They stared as much as they ate, as Moss made the hot beefalo stew arc over the air sparkling against the sun, he'd throw seasoning at it, sometimes without looking, and then land it without a spill into the next waiting bowl. Word spread about the, 'Food Carnival', as they were calling it with the fancy bald unicorn beaver man, and soon there was no more space in the hot springs.

People liked the view, and most of all they liked the hot springs. The people of the Fridge were a rough and tumble type, hardy, and had no qualms just dipping barely clothed into the pools. Soon there were swarthy men with chest hairs around the place, enjoying ale, calling for more food, and Moss charmingly answered to them all.

Now there were other caravans parked next to Isa's, some of them selling goods the people gathered in the area. The friendlier folk chatted up the motorcyclist, L, Sassy, and Vidya, sharing news from their travels and how people used to never come here because this place, though beautiful, was infamous for ghost sightings and sudden disappearances of people. Vidya pretended she did not know anything about any kidnappings.

Afternoon turned to sunset and some folks decided to camp here for the night, before going to Sanctuary in the morning. When Wild and Max returned, Max was shocked and then happily joined the feast. He had a lot of folks asking him about his motorbike too.

At the end of the day, Moss was happy and exhausted, finally closing up shop at seven in the evening and cleaning up tossed bottles and other messes around the Spring, till it was like the way Isa had made it.

He had saved some of the food for the rest of the party, and shared with them the roasted heart of the beefalo which he saved only for them for helping him. They received a lot of nice loot for the food, and Moss gave everyone their share, though Max immediately declined since he did nothing but just join the party.

Moss' head was drooping sleepily onto Isa's shoulder as the group secretly talked while eating about the success of talking to Echo, and how Wild, Max, and Sassy will be leaving tomorrow, and Isa, Moss, L, and Vidya will be heading for The Dust.

This was a good last night together. And they promised to have breakfast one more time before they said their good-byes. One group to save The Highlands, the other, to find out what happened to Vidya's family and stop Manuel.

Everyone +1 Rp point
Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- One more time to be together before parting -

After their cozy time together, Isa kissed Moss’ cheek and went to set up a place for Moss to set the plates down with food. A stone with a seemingly flat surface, he thought was a good place and moved it close to where the merman can easily go to it.

The group noticed that the redhead changed his image before anyone came, not wanting the customers to recognize him as one for the people who fought The Godfather. His red hair is now black, long, wavy and tied in a low pony tail. Pale skin is now white as the snow. His deep indigo eyes turned to a striking icy blue. He was slightly shorter and not a guy anymore; Isa illusioned himself as a regular kind of chubby human woman with tiny feet. A bubbly one too. She ‘wore’ a typical warm patched skirt, button shirt that’s tucked in, and had an apron on.

She helped Vidya move the ale closer to the stone tablet, lifting it on the tablet so it’s easier to get the ale through the tab. Spotting Moss’ smile, Isa knew he was about to show off and quickly grabbed her camera to take another photo as the merman showed off his skills. Her stomach growled in joy at the heavenly smell, once again, reminded of home. She saw that the others were also drooling, amazed that Moss was making amazing food. She managed to catch the right moment; Just as the merman spun, cleaving through the meat, he was smiling wide. Joy glittering in his eyes like the sunlit sea.

Then customers were coming in. “Welcome! Come, come!” Isa yelled, jolly. From the burly thieving bandit-like figures to families that were curious, she directed each one. Made sure to let them know what’s on the menu and brought them their meals. With Moss showing off with his live cooking, entertaining them, she figured she didn‘t need to sing. Which was nice. Her throat needed a break from singing the branches to move. Still she did help as more and more people came by. Then she overheard one of them, saying something about this place being haunted and had missing people-

Isa hummed, smiling cheerfully. “Yes, we heard. The last group of travelers here managed to stop the hauntings though. So it should be safe now.” She said in hopes to calm others from the rumors...that were actually true. But they don‘t need to know that.

Around afternoon, Max and Wild Flower returned with the news about Echo wanting to speak with the Godfather about the portal for them. The white rabbit was surprised to see the whole setup, red eyes beaming in delight and impressed with the kids. Later, when Moss wanted to give her a share, Wild Flower shook her head and gently pushed the payment back. “You worked hard for that. Keep it, young one. You’ve earned it.”

Just as the last customer left and Moss closed the shop, Isa helped to clean up the place. His illusion turned into smoke, tendrils leaving his lean figure as he picked up bottles to toss in the garbage. Making the place nice and clean. They weren’t the only ones. Wild helped too, not minding a soak to grab the floating garbage out of the hot springs.

Dinner came. Isa waited for everyone to get a share before grabbing some for himself. His skin tingled as his stomach growled in joy. Explosions went off in his head. Yeah, this is really good food. Smoky beef that’s so soft it falls off the bone and easy to cut with a dull wooden spoon. Woody flavors mixed with pepper-like seasoning. He couldn’t have enough of it. Before he could think of another plate, the redhead felt something fall on his shoulder. On the edge of his vision is a large tuff of white hair and he knew. Isa smiled gently, warmth sparkling in his deep blue eyes as he stared at Moss’ sleepy face. Then he looked at the group.

“Guys, Imma tuck Moss in.” Isa whispered, still smiling warm.

“Of course~” Wild Flower replied in a quiet tone. She waved a paw. “Have a good night, dear. You too, young Moss.”

”Thank you, Aunty Wild. Night, everyone.” Isa processed to carefully carry Moss, making him lean on his chest as he hooked his arms behind his back and under his knees before standing up. He didn‘t bother with the door, turning into ashes in front of everyone’s eyes as he landed on their bed. Slightly bouncing. He hummed, raising a brow. “That went a lot better. I’m getting a hang of this.” He muttered. The redhead tucked Moss in after changing his clothes to more comfortable one. He called Okami to come inside; the puppers had a large beefalo thigh bone in his mouth, carrying it inside the room happily. Tail wagging as he plopped himself on his usual spot on the bed and rug. Chewing it lazily. After closing the door and quietly changing his clothes to pajamas, Isa walked over to the bed and tucked himself in. Going under the blankets before curling around his tired beau, making him be the little spoon again as Isa snuggled his face into his now growing back white hair. His warm smile grew.

”Good night, Moss~” He whispered and he slept.

Morning came and before anyone left, Isa asked if he could take a picture with everyone in front of the caravan. “Yes, that includes Ralph and Okami. I want to remember everyone before we part.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Muffin Top Springs -
" December 22, 600 "

Moss smiled sleepily, happy to see Isa and their friends smiling and feeling good from his food. There was nothing better than being around friends with a good meal, just chilling and enjoying each other's company. With this nice view of the others laughing with Sassy passing around this 'training manual' one of the complaining diners drew on the spot for Moss because he believed he was pouring stew wrong, he chuckled, then nodded off to sleep on Isa's shoulder.

The rest of the group waved the couple goodnight and thanked the sleepy Moss for the meal. He tiredly murmured something incomprehensible in reply, before everyone was surprised at the sudden ash-turning.

Now, under the covers on their bed with the muted sounds of chatter in the background and Okami's soft breathing across their feet, Isa would feel the sleeping Moss' hand slide down to hold his and squeeze. "Goodnight, Isa . . . Sleeping with you after a day's work feel's good." he groggily whispered, relaxed and smiling in his arms.

* * * *​

The next day, with Wild, Sassy, and Max's packs on Max's bike or on the waiting Ralph, everyone gathered for the last time together for a photo shoot. The moment Isa suggested it, L looked like she was about to cry because she was going to miss Sassy. Vidya, who had grown fond of Wild since they got out of Trosdan's camp, knelt next to her, while the others who were not used to cameras or experiencing for the first time were excited and wondering what was going to happen. Sassy sprawled herself magnificently across the center, while Max grinned and secretly gave her bunny ears. The tall mounts, including Vidya's mocha chocobo who didn't have a name yet towered behind them, Ralph looking cool with his goggles, Okami panting in happy absentmindedness. Moss' hair had grown back and his gopher teeth was gone, he was patting the teary L, saying it's going to be okay, that they'll see the other soon, and then the shoot was delayed because mostly everyone went and hugged L who couldn't help but cry in the end.

Eventually though, they told Isa, "We're ready!" and there was a gap Moss left for him among them where he could immediately scooch before the camera flashed.

And in three,

two,

one ---

Katsuya Katsuya

- . . . -

Squeezing Moss’ hand, Isa closed his eyes and hummed. Leaving his lips on the back of Moss’ neck. Smiling.

——

As Isa took his time to make sure the camera was steady on the ashen branches of a tree, Wild’s ears stood straight up when L just let’s go of her tears. So the elder rabbit hopped over and hugged her as tight as she could. He heard the commotion, walked over the hug pile, and lightly pats her head like on the first day they met. Awkward from not exactly being too hands-on with affection yet kind and empathetic towards her feelings. “It’s okay. We’ll see each other soon. I’m sure of it.” He mumbled.

”. . . For someone who is thoughtful, you are not good at group hugs, are you?” Wild commented. Isa tensed and averted his eyes, cheeks turning pink. Then he coughed, slowly removing his hand. “I’ll- I’ll work on ... it.”

And so, after making sure L is okay (Isa handed her a napkin while Wild asked if she’ll be okay), the redhead checked on the camera once more and nodded. “Alright, now I should put it in timer mode annnnd- there!” He started to run over to the posing group, going next to Moss at the spot he left empty. Holding his hand secretly. Wild Flower, who was fond of Vidya, stood next to her and hooked her arm around Vidya’s crystal one. Smiling.

Then...everything went into slow motion. A step into an icy spot of slush. A slip at the back where Isa stood. A shadow hovered over L, Sassy and, Max. Wild flower looked over, her eyes widening in surprised horror as she started to hop towards Vidya. Then a flash-!

A poloriod slid out of the the camera’s mouth at the back. Revealing the funny moment of the ever talented Isa slipping on ice like a klutz and about to squish the trio at the bottom.

Zer0 Zer0

Episode IV: We Meet at Last
a6d77POF_Wallpaper_1920x1200_2.jpg
" Episode 4: We Meet At Last "

- 4 Days Later -
"Ebony Oasis, The Dust, December 26, 600"

Everyone's faces was a varying stages of 'Oh nooooo!' in the magical moving black and white photograph. Moss and Max roared laughing, while Sassy cackled, ruffling Isa's hair, and L was stammering, moving away, red in the face from being tangled with Isa and the others.

They took a picture again --- they actually didn't know they were supposed to smile, just looking intently at the camera, or looking at Isa like what do we do, until Sassy told them to make silly faces so that the camera won't steal their soul. After that they marveled at the moving black and white pictures, passing it around, while the travelers who camped with them for the night after eating at Moss' cook out looked out in fascination at this curious group with their gadgets and things and engines on wheels. The first photograph was definitely a favorite. Their friends who were experiencing a camera for the first time asked if they could have a photo too of their gang, and soon Max was looking fondly at his very first photograph of his friends, Vidya had hers tucked in her hag, while L patted down her photograph down her hair, smiling widely.

After that, Moss went to secretly talk to Max about something, handing him some trading goods, before waving the group good-bye. It was a fond parting, and Moss was missing them already. "Stay safe Max, Sassy, Miss Wild! And say hi to Minnie for us!" he called from the back of Okami.

And so, with a Vroom! from Smoky, their three friends watched them ride down the hill, on to the Merchant Road, and eastwards towards The Dust.

* * * *​

The days passed, and the land beneath Smoky's wheels turned from snowy ravines, to beige grasslands with rising patches of tough small green shrubs and cacti. It became warmer, until they drove down the last hill and into hot plains of sand, where colossal rust brown pillars of rocks, oddly square, stood leaning out of the sandy dunes. They were split and cracked, carved by something large a long time ago, their crevices glowing with manna, as though some ancient giant's dwelling was beneath the sand.

Vidya guided them well. They avoided bandit territories and went down to take the difficult passes between the sandy cliffs. Here the rocks were striated with different shades of red, turning their afternoons ochre and rusty gold. Small foxes with very long ears darted between the rocks, and small stubby birds with quick little legs dashed from shrub to shrub with their chicks. Lizards and snakes basked under the sun, while overhead, vultures circled.

Every now and then they would meet dark skinned and colorfully clothed nomads wearing headcloths, or turbans with metal caps, the bottom of their faces veiled. They were armed with long and short spears, and rode giant coyotes or komodo rhinos that breathed fire. They would be accompanied by large herds of goats, and who, after realizing the group was friendly would offer powders of spice, gold ornaments, lapiz lazuli for spells, enchanted papyrus scrolls, incense, and silk for trade. Most of the time it was one of the Purrsians who seemed to be numerous in The Dust, who would exchange news with them about the happenings of the land.

Currently something good but odd was happening in Barad Eithel, the bandits made peace and were strangely working together.

Now the group was in the Ebony Oasis, a frequent stop for nomads, where Moss was finally giving Okami a very, very short hair cut, for the poor polar bear dog was overheating in the desert. They were far into the waters, away from drinking goats, where nearby a few families of nomad Purrsians traveling for safety, had settled under the cooler shadows of the cliffs for the day. Vidya was speaking to one of the family heads, Jzargo in fluent Purrsian, as their servants who were human attended to the camp, while as usual, a couple of the the cat folk were appreciating Isa's motorbike in the broken common tongue, heavily accented by their native language.

The family of Purrsians seemed to be in the Ebony Oasis for a family tradition. There were some family members practicing musical instruments along with magical fire tricks, some goats were being taken away to be slaughtered by older family members teaching their young ones how to do it, while a couple of teenage Purrsians were having their fur shaved by servants and then tattooed with henna by their lady elders.

They were very friendly, and even though they couldn't speak common very well, invited their group and the other travelers in the area to eat and celebrate with them the coming of age of their sons and daughters.

The other travelers in the oasis were a jewel hearted elf from the Menagerie Coast, whom L took a shining to because the elf was drawing, and she went and joined her; and two black anubis brothers who seem to be bounty hunters or slave traders from the look of the wagon cage of drugged looking manacled people in their camp.

Slavery seemed to be a common thing around here, unlike in Sanctuary where it was strictly forbidden. L would sometimes look sadly at the caged people, thinking hard about something, before replying distractedly to her new elven friend, return to drawing, and then glance back at the caged people as though she was planning something.

Last edited:
- In the trail, we blaze! -

Isa had punched both Moss and Max’s shoulders as they roared in their laughter, his face was terribly red. It became redder when Sassy ruffled his hair before he pulled his hood up and childishly sticking his tongue out. He was not taking it to heart, just embarrassed that he fell in the first place.

”I hate icy slush!”

Wild Flower snorted and held back her chuckles as she saw the first picture. Marveled by the movement. Then the group wanted to take more which Isa agreed...begrudgingly. Still embarrassed. Though he felt better now that he looked at the intense stares the others had in the photos, saying it was too weird. So when Sassy suggested to make silly faces, he agreed to it.

As everyone packed their photos, Isa went over to his bag and took out a lavender book. Flipping the pages over and stuffed the precious photo at the back...where his own collection of photos were. Then he put it away. Then it was time to leave.

Revving Smoky, Isa waved at the rest of the group with an impish grin and pulled the caravan. “See ya later, guys! May Loki’s veil protect all of you~” Off they went, on Merchant’s road.

Wild Flower waved back with all her might, screaming and hopping. “STAY SAFE AND REMEMBER TO SLEEP WELL!” She held onto her photo close to her chest, the one where everyone made funny faces and poses. She turned to Sassy and Max, her smile stretched into one of determination. “Ready to go?”

Off they went to Fel Theles to meet up with Echo and The Godfather’s men.

————-
- 4 Days Later -

Isa made a small competition to catch the small foxes that were running around and he won a cactus on his elbow during a small break of their travels. Never again. “I’ll listen, Vidya.” He muttered, pouting as Moss used a comb to pluck the needles out. It was nice traveling in warmer climates, also seeing different colored sands. He was grateful that Vidya knew this place well, including the hiding spots in case of sand storms. The air smelled dryer too, like sweat. That could just be him though, baking under the intense sun during the day. Perhaps it’s because he is used to cooler climates, but he was glad that nighttime is cold and could still cuddle with Moss.

Sometimes, the group would see other folks traveling too, and traded with them—-once they knew the group wasn‘t bad. However, when they heard good thing happening in Barad Eithel with the bandits working together, Isa became suspicious. Yet he didn’t speak on it. Not yet. He could be just overly cautious but he doesn’t trust the good thing that’s happening in the town nor does he trust the bandits working together. Still he kept quiet on the topic and not raise concern over the friendly Purrians that were admiring Smoky.

”At least, your family is safe, Vidya.” Isa comforted the dark skinned elf, grinning.

Though he did feel bad for Okami and at the end when they reached Ebony Oasis, he helped Moss with cutting his heavy fur. He started to wonder if maybe he could make a cooling rune for the pupper and so, started to plan a collar design out on his notebook.

Isa perked up at the invite and asked if they would like the young purrsians to have a blessing from Loki as well. “That is, of course, if ya want. I would still like to join in the celebrations.” He said to the friendly purrsians. Smiling. He did get curious about the cart that held shackled people inside, seeing a familiar cipher that only thieves can write in. But he wasn‘t close enough to see it...

The redhead started to ponder on it, turning his head around slowly since he didn’t want to catch the Anubis brothers’ attention just yet. However he saw how L kept looking at the cart and knowing how she felt about this, he knew she was planning something. So he grinned and decided to have a bit of fun when the time is right....

”There~ feel better, Boy~? Do ya? Hmmm~” Isa cooed as he poured a small bucket filled of water on the polar bear dog’s now shaved back. Wearing a light tank top and had his pants rolled up. His boots were on the shore. His feet in shallow waters of the Oasis.

Zer0 Zer0

- Ebony Oasis -
"The Dust, December 26, 600"

It was amazing to see how thin Okami actually is without all his fur poofing him up. He splashed around Isa, licking his knee playfully, before suddenly shaking all the water off, drenching him and Moss who laughed.

The elderly Purrsians tattooing the young ones had told Isa they were going to ask the family heads if they were willing to receive Loki's blessing, for they had no idea who Loki was. Now, one of them was gesturing at Isa to come over, where Jzargo and two other Purrsians were waiting by the oasis' shore; Vidya had returned to the caravan where she was likely in Ralph's old room, which Moss, who did not like the heat just like Okami, had turned it into something like a freezer where he and his polar bear dog can escape the heat. Her mocha chocobo, who still did not have an official name, and whom L was calling Pluplu for now, was energetically running around the canyon and leaping from rock ledge to rock ledge, kicking up dust, following the shiny reflection of a mirror some giggling Purrsian kiddos were moving around.

Moss had overheard Isa offering this gesture earlier and was very curious to know how they were going to react once they learn Loki was a prank Ancient. He swam to Isa, and stood up fixing his hair and wiping fur off his clothes to make him look more presentable. He had this smile like he was expecting to be amused. "Could you tell me how your conversation went later?" he nodded towards the Purrsian family heads.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Isa chuckled when Okami ran around him and licked his knee. Then he held the bucket up as the pupper shook off water, drenching the couple. That bucket didn‘t help at all. “Okami! Hahaha!” He laughed, wiping an arm to shake off the excess water and fur. Soaking red hair plastered over his eyes and cheeks. He heard Moss’ laugh and his smile turned into a mischievous crooked grin.

Suddenly, the merman would be splashed, Isa had the dripping bucket in his hands and aimed at him. With his hair parted on his left side, Moss can see his indigo eye twinkling in mirth.

Then his attention was grabbed by the tattoo artist elder, seeing her wave through the red curtain called his wet hair from the shore. He was about to come over, only to be stopped by his beau who swam up. Fixing his hair by sweeping it back and swiping fur off his clothes to be more presentable. His now sun kissed cheeks turned pink, though he raised a brow high at the merman’s amused smile. “Of course~” After Moss’ grooming and a quick affectionate squeeze on his hand, Isa walked over to the shore where he saw the elder and three other Purrsians; Jzargo, the leader was one of them. He didn‘t recognize the other two.

Still he greeted them all respectfully, with a slight nod and bow. “Afternoon, Sirs. Thank you, ma’dam.” He smiled at the elder purrsian gratefully before paying attention to Jzargo and the other two besides him.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Ebony Oasis -

Moss' laughing paused midway, and he spouted water out of his mouth, and additionally some white fur, then he gave Isa a smile of challenge, "You dare challenge a merman in a water fight, Isa?" and looked like he was about to pounce when he noticed the elders.

He gave his cheek an extra caress after he was done with his hair, and squeezed his hand back, before watching him go to the Purrsian family heads.

Jzargo and the two other Purrsians bowed at Isa in greeting, "Good afternoon, friend, I Jzargo, and my companions Ahzira, and Qa'anir wish to know more about your Ancient Loki, yes?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Moss Adamaris -

Meanwhile, Moss patted Okami done and shaved. "Good boy, there you go, go on and frolick!" Okami plopped on the water and just rolled all over the sand. It seemed that he didn't want to leave the water nor move so much in the heat, lying down a little away from the shallows under the shade of the cliffs where it was cool. Moss followed him, patting his belly, and Okami licked his arm. He snuggled his face and kissed his forehead. "Good boy, yeah, enjoy this while we're here."

He left his polarbear dog there, and went into his smaller caravan where he changed into dry clothes and dried his wet ones in his bag of folding, then went into Isa's caravan, hanging an extra towel and his bag for Isa to use outside. There was takoyaki warming above the stove for the group, and in their bedroom there was a separate clay pot of takoyaki warming for Isa. Moss looked around. Their room was looking more lived in. There was a corner close to the bed for Moss' weapons where his new pistol and daggers with retracting clockwork chains were hanging. The Thief of Hearts book he had borrowed from Isa, that he read out loud to him whenever he found giddy moments, was half hidden under his pillow. He laughed softly, pushing it further in. He wondered why Isa was shy to let others know he was reading cheesy romance novels.

There were some clothes lying around, and on a shelf that they shared were a collection of books, including Moss' foodie journal, and some spare velum paper and enchanter's ink. He ate one of the takoyaki, opened up his journal to check its recipe that he was experimenting with today, and wrote some notes about how he could improve the taste. He could hear Vidya moving upstairs and the sound of Purrsian kids laughing outside. It was nice and peaceful~

That reminded him of what Pluplu was doing and went out to look at the cliffs. Come to think of it, this place was an awesome playground to jump and climb around in. Moss closed his journal. Yeah, he knows what to do for the rest of his day.

Donning his hiking gear, taking a couple of his weapons and no armor, he was about to head off, when there was a tap tap on the glass window. He looked out to see a brown owl with a parcel on its leg pecking the window outside. "O! It's finally here!"

He let the owl in and it stuck its leg out. Moss took the parcel and inside were two camera films and a note in Max's hand writing. He petted the bird, and tucked in an extra lapiz lazuli in a small pouch it had around its neck. "Thank you." said Moss and offered it some water. The owl graciously dipped its beak in the glass many times, before it ruffled its feathers importantly, then flew off.

'Sorry for the late delivery, Moss, been having a hard time trying to sneak Sassy in! Hope you guys are doing alright, tell everyone we said hi!'

Moss smiled. Wild, Sassy, and Max, didn't know how to cast the message spell, but L had been keeping in touch with them, asking how things were and telling them how she and others were doing too.

There was a little hiccup in Sanctuary. The army was taking time to mobilize, and The Godfather's plan had changed upon learning about the portal. They were going to use it. But he wanted Lady Giantsbane to send in spies first to see the portal in The Sunken ruins to see what they will be walking into. There was also the question about the disease, if he and his men will catch it this close to The Highlands. They had planned a battle at Three Horns Divide, but now there was a chance, if it was safe to skirt around The Highlands from Thousand Cut Badlands, they could block the Templar army from retreating to Vanar and pin them from the North and South. He was also interested in the land of Wisteria trees and had stepped into it, marveling at the place, and excited to learn the land was good for farming on the other side of the portal.

Yes, all of Sanctuary was astir.

And they had learned that the portal opened up to a mountain region in Ramuh's rest where the orientals lived. It was a shock to both cultures. For centuries the portal had never worked, just a window to another side and now two people who have never met before were starting to meet. There was talk about seeing fair skinned people with chinky eyes, wearing red silks and robes, and long flying green dragons that spoke. It was like winter vikings meeting the orients, and the foreigners on the other side were just as surprised to see a talking polar bear. Yep, just a small hiccup to their plan. Max was wondering if he should still blow up the portal. But that was his, Sassy's, Wild's, and Lady Giantsbane's decision. And they were waiting for the lady bandit lord's call on the matter.

In any case, that was currently not Moss' worry. Facing Manuel and Theosebia was already enough, and there was no use thinking about something he had no control in. Today, he is going to have fun exploring the cliffs.

He placed the camera films above Isa's pillow and wrapped them in a pretty blue bow. He smiled, then went out to do some parkour.

x2 Camera Film
A set of 20 films each.

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

“Of course, I shall start then.” With an understanding nod, Isa took a deep breath and raised his gloved hands. Placing one on top of the other as gentle indigo flames started to lick out from his palms. Kneeling and sitting on his feet, not minding the water’s shallow waves reaching his knees as he wanted to show the leaders his illusions.

”Ancient Loki is the Ancient of illusions. Those who follow and are devoted to him, follow the one creed: Hidden in truths, lie lies. Hidden in lies, hides the truth. That is the Shadows Veil.“ Isa lifted his right hand and revealed Loki’s symbol in a purple light, like someone had written it in the air. He looked on fondly as he explained.

“He may seem scary at first, but he is gentle and kind even to those whom are not devoted to him. Ancient Loki protects the living with his veils and guides the unrest back to sleep. We, meaning my family and I, fight against demons with Loki’s protection tattooed on our skin, in hope to bring back the balance between the living and the dead. In hopes that the demons that were once beings of our realm can finally Rest In Peace.“ Isa cupped his hands together once more and revealed the creatures he fought before, only miniature. It was the deer demon that moaned and roared for one woman’s name. Giant eye between crowning antlers of bones and decay. Ratty hooves stomping down before it ran around, smoke trailing behind it before it bursts into orbs of golden light, floating up and disappearing.

“He is also a bit playful, understanding especially to the young ones who are growing up to be adults. I thought that perhaps the teens coming to their ages might feel comforted to know that even an Ancient had to learn from mistakes and grown into his own once. Like they will soon. I know I did when my Gramps finally gave me my tattoos.” He lowered his hands to his lap and gazed at the leaders, smiling humbly.

“Ah, but as I’ve said to the ma’dam, it’s okay if you do not wish for the blessings from Loki. You know what’s best for your people and I will respect that wholeheartedly.” Isa said. Noticing something moving around in the corner of his eye, he quickly peeked without moving his head and saw a familiar gleam of pale blonde hair with the sweat from tan skin as lean muscles flexed from jumps and running on the top of the nearby cliffs-

The redhead did his best to focus on the leaders and what they said, ears turning red.

Moss looks so happy running around like that...and for that, Isa was happy to witness it.

Zer0 Zer0

- Ebony Oasis -

"Then, a blessing from him is welcome." Murmured the Purrsian heads to each other, nodding. "And Jzargo can see in your eyes a fondnes that could have only been from experience, my friend. So, Jzargo trusts you. Whe the time comes we will ask you to step forward and bless our young ones. " they bowed once more in thanks, and with that continued on with their day.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“I’ll be honored.” Isa bowed back and waited until the leaders were far away enough. Then he leaned back with a swooning sigh, splashing in the shallow waters to cool down. He covered his reddening face with gloved hands, peeking through slightly parted fingers as he watched Moss run about at the cliffs.

If Moss knew, the redhead could only imagine how much he might brag and flex. It’s bad enough that he discovered Isa’s cheesy romance novel and poem books. The bad boy image he wanted to keep is being destroyed here!

N-not that he minded since it’s Moss that’s destroying it...but still-!

After a few moments of just laying on the shallow waters, feeling the cooling waves lightly ripple around him and gently tug his hair and clothes, Isa took another deep breath and just meditated there. Letting himself be cradled by the waters as he plopped his arms down and apart. It wasn’t so bad...the water. For now. He was in the shallows after all...he needed to learn how to swim in the deep parts at least.

That last thought made him gulp before huffing, frustrated by his own fears of drowning into the cold depths, swallowed by the freezing arms of death like long time ago-

“ACK! Puuu-! Puuu! Wha-?!” Spitting out mocha feathers, Isa suddenly sat up, glaring at the heavy weight of feathers above him. “I swear to everything food related, I will roast ya and gladly eat ya.” It seemed like Pluplu understood his nonthreatening threat for the large birb chirp it’s laughter and ran off to chase the alluring light. Perhaps it was a sign for Isa to stop thinking about the past already.

Perhaps he was looking for an excuse to chase after the chocobo too...which he did. Not caring that he was soaked to the bone and not caring that he was feeling the hot searing burns on his feet from the sand. He looked like a funny dude, but considering he heard children laughing from the distance the moment he appeared in a certain spot, he didn‘t mind it as much. Because now he gets to chase the kids too and maybe get them wet by shaking off the water. Okami style.

Zer0 Zer0

stephane-wootha-richard-students-demo-recomposition-01.jpg
- Moss Adamaris -

Moss leaped across a chasm, sending dust everywhere as he rolled off the fall and stood up, panting, caked in sand and sweat. He was at the top of the cliffs, looking down at the oasis and the jagged sandy desert around him, his figure shimmering in the heat wave.

He hadn't noticed before, but now that he was up here, the rim of the oasis sort of formed the imprint of a gargantuan hoof. He looked at the western path where they had rode from Sanctuary, how the Merchant's Road was surrounded by and even rolled across giant stone slabs chiseled by something colossal from a long time ago. They were traveling through an ancient road for giants buried by centuries of sand and worn by time, and he wondered if Vidya or Isa knew the history and who made these.

Speaking of which, he smiled when he saw Isa playing with Pluplu and now the kids. He wedged himself between two walls of red ochre cliffs under the shadow of an overhang and just watched him have fun.

It's nice to see him laugh. He recalled the past few nights since they started reading together, and just entertaining Isa with his dramatics and making him swoon and smile. And to think almost a week ago he was worried that they were moving too fast sharing a room. They had settled into it comfortably fine.

He felt the wind behind his back, and smelled something herb-y and new. He looked between the gap of the cliff walls and spotted a patch of ground where a kind of bush with some kind of tiny orange berry. He perked up immediately. This could possibly be a new sauce ingredient! He had already tried agave leaves and buckhorn cholla buds, the latter of which became gummy and nice to chew on after boiling. He wondered what this one will do.

"Isaaaa! L!" he hollered, making the Anubis brothers closest to him below jump too much. "I'm going to go exploring!" he waved. "I'll be late for lunch!"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa chased after Pluplu and the kids, laughing evilly like a stereotypical villain before cornering the large bird by the cliffs. Just as he was gonna shake the water off, he was suddenly tackled by the kids. Feeling their soft claws cling onto his shirt and pants as they gave Pluplu time to escape.

Isa looked to where he heard Moss’ voice from above, seeing the Anubis brother jump. He snorted. He felt the kids freeze too. Their fur puffed in surprise. He smiled, relaxing his pose, and waved back. Not minding that a young kitten was holding onto his shoulder, hearing her go ‘weeeeee~’.

“Alright, but be careful Mooooosssss~” He yelled back. The redhead stared back down at the kids who we’re clinging onto him......before smirking impishly. All of them turned into ashes and gently fell into the oasis. Isa laughed as the kids sputtered in surprise, looking around with wide eyes as their feet got wet in the shallow waters. “That...was for leading Pluplu into me~”

”How?”

”What you do?”

”Teach!”

”Gotta catch me first then~” Isa smiled before he turned into ashes. His voice faded in the wind. “If ya can find me, I’ll teach ya something neat.” The game was on: cat and mouse. He didn’t make it hard, no invisibility, nor high places. He hid behind a rock pillar that was close to the Anubis brothers.

Zer0 Zer0

- Ebony Oasis -

The Anubis brothers' guard were lowered from the kids and Isa playing around, and they didn't notice Isa sneak up close to their wagon. They were washing their clothes and armor, and were talking to each other in dissatisfied voices, speaking in a language rarely heard by others.

"I still think that we should go back for Fa'hirr and Jaira," said one with a brown patch on his snout and golden eyes, " no matter the risk. What will that thing do to them when its done? You are not even sure if Masuna's den will help us."

"Enough, brother, the reality is, you and I we barely made it out of Barad Eithel with our minds intact." said the second one who was all black with the same golden eyes. "I am not having that thing in my head again. We can start a new life for ourselves." he gestured at the wagon where their giant salamander was dozing, basking in the sun nearby. "We sell them to Masuna, tell them about the foreigners, and . . ."

"So you were never going to help our friends in the first place after all. I knew it . . ."

" . . . What can Masuna do? She and her warriors will just have their minds taken."

"There are passages we can take that they don't know of. We just need to not get caught. That is all. You have very little faith, brother, always have with things you do not understand. But we cannot leave our friends behind. We owe them that."

"I can't have that thing in my mind again, Vashur."

The first Anubis brother sighed. "Look, do what you will, Qa'zhid, but as for me, I will leave at first light tomorrow." and he walked off to dry his clothes next to their tent.

He lifted the cloth covering the wagon of prisoners to peek at it for a moment, and Isa could read on the markings the cypher of thieves, 'Chrono Hellion', one of the territorial bandit gangs around Barad Eithel that they recently learned was working together with other bandits.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa leaned back, listening in to the recognizable speech the brothers were using. Looking up at the clear skies. An impish grin grew bigger and bigger with the information. Fantastic. These two knew of what’s going on within Barad Eithel and even escaped their potential fate. Though...his grin softened to a frown.

Seems like they needed help too, not just the people inside the cart. Speaking of which, the redhead peeked his head out, watching one of the brother stand up and go over to the cart. The cat-like pupil within the indigo blue pools thinned, reflecting the etched markings on the cart. Yep. It’s related to the gangs-

“Found!!” Yelled one of the kids, the youngest, as he pulled on Isa’s pants. The redhead chuckled, tucking his hands underneath the kitten’s arms and tossed him in the air before catching him. Hearing the kitten go ‘AHHHHahahaha!’ Supporting his back and securing him in his arms as he popped out from behind the pillar.

“Good job! Now I teach, go to others. I’ll be there soon.” Isa told the child, letting him run off first. Taking slow steps, he opened his mouth and spoke up to the brothers. Making sure to not be so obvious to the friendly folk despite their discomfort of the topic as he stuffed his gloved hands in his pockets all casual-like. “Ya should be more careful. The walls have ears~ Thank Loki, it was an ally that listened in~” Isa teased, grinning impishly. Using the language of thieves. A language one of his teachers have taught him long ago.

Zer0 Zer0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back