• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
- Isa Bianchi -

Isa turned red when Moss smiled dashingly and chuckled. “I did compare ya to the moon a couple of times…” He muttered, smiling sweetly. ”It’s fitting that ya gained favor from the twin moons.”

He made himself comfortable and leaned forward a bit just to snuggle his cheek on Moss’ when he got comfortable too. Wrapping his arms around the merman’s waist. He blinked owlishly, interested in hearing about Moss’ many great grandma.

He became starry-eyed. Smiling like a kid in a candy store. ”There’s murals?! Can we?! I promise not to touch anything!” This is going to be fun! Ohhhhh! He couldn’t wait to see the art of merfolk. He wondered what they used to create images? Ink? Reefs? Coral? Pearls? What? He wondered what images he’ll see or words! The stories of his beau’s people-

The redhead wouldn’t lie: he was bouncing a bit on Shadow claw, causing it to move up and down too, like a bouncy house.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss smiled at his happy face. "You can touch 'em, Isa. And yes, of course we can!" he laughed when Isa started bouncing. Okami looked at the surroundings, confused at the movement.

"When do you want to go? Also it is a bit far from here, so we can also bring Capellini."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“Can we go today? If it’s possible?” Isa became worried about the storm outside, peeking at the window across from the trio. “Let’s bring Capellini!”

As much the redhead is impressed with himself for not hyperventilating while underwater, he still avoids going in—except this time! MURALS! “We should light up this place too- maybe some lanterns? Oh! And a blanket bed for Okami—or we should bring the caravan closer to here?” Isa asked Moss, wondering what they should do. Now that they have Capellini—-making this goliath as their bigger travel home— Isa figured they could decorate the whole place. Make it more homey at the back and brain part while keeping the mouth clear of items.

Funny how they have a goliath as a bigger travel home.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

"Of course, we are free today." Moss chuckled at his excitement. Then he realized he misunderstood and looked outside at
the falling purple gems. "O! The storms up there are harmless to us, since the water just catches the falling rocks, so we can go anytime you wish. The real danger is if you see red water, or if the surroundings looks even a tad pinkish, that's when we swim the other way because that is red tide, which is bad for breathing."

As Moss listened to Isa, he perked up. "That would be lovely. Can we have some lanterns with the stained glass from Barad Eithel? Paper ones are also very homey, but I don't know any place with beautiful paper lanterns . . . maybe the elves? Blanket bed also sounds very nice. I feel like Okami should have his own bed in many places instead of just having the bed he shares with us. It'd also be nice if we could have some cushion pillows to watch things from here."

Moss also agreed to bringing the caravan closer up here. "Do you want to do it now? It'll help my herbs have some light, actually, most of them are dead or dying."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“Oh! Then let’s go after we eat.” Isa smiled warmly. “Yeah! We can have both paper and glass stained lanterns! More reason to travel, love. A search for paper lanterns—though I don’t know if the elves have paper lanterns. Still, we could visit.”

”Yes, our pupper needs to have different beds everywhere.” The redhead squeezed Moss’ waist as he snuggled his face into the merman’s shoulder. “Yes~ let’s~ perhaps we should find a ragnite that can shine light on the herbs.” He muttered, not wanting to let go of Moss yet until five minutes passed. Letting go with quiet regret and child-like excitement before leaning back a bit to give Moss some space should he hops off.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Righto~ After a good meal then." said Moss, snuggling into Isa's hug, already wondering if Isa would like bulbot clam toasts with pancetta. He nodded on the paper lanterns and smiled airily. "A quest for paper lanterns? That sounds quite relaxing and a good break from all the serious things we've been doing the past few months. I hope the elves have it, I bet they would really be good at it! Because they make beautiful things. Though . . . that would probably mean that they would hurt trees, which they don't do? Hmmm." he pondered on it.

As they talked, and Okami fell asleep, Moss noticed the way Isa let go of him, and immediately took his arms and wrapped them around himself again with finality. "You know, we could cuddle longer?" he looked back at him as though that was the most obvious thing in the world, and then sniffed his hair and sprout.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“Yeah, I doubt they would hurt the trees, but we could always explore a bit, just in case there’s something nice to decorate Capellini with.” Isa replied.

He hadn’t expected for Moss to grab his arms and wrapping them back around his waist. The redhead blushed and chuckled bashfully, reassured and happy. “Okay.” His breathing slowed down as Moss sniffed his hair and happy-wiggling sprout; squirming his legs a bit from the ticklish feeling on his head. Squeezing Moss tightly as he nuzzled his face into the crook of the merman’s shoulder. This reminded him of the time he had those black scars from Hellmist, when Moss was okay with Isa not wearing gloves. Reassuring him that it’s okay to touch his hair and now letting him touch his scales and fins.

“I love cuddling ya.” He muttered quietly, smiling.

Zer0 Zer0

- Isa Bianchi -

Moss felt his beau’s shoulder tense up as a bright red filled from his neck up to his head. His warm smile transformed into a bright one where he reveals just a bit of his teeth; it seemed similar to whenever he trolls on others yet with the way how his eyes twinkled in pure joy, it’s more akin to adoration and enamored.

Isa didn‘t hold back; he showered Moss with kisses all over his face and head.

Zer0 Zer0

video-game-abzu-fish-ocean-wallpaper-preview.jpg
- Moss Adamaris -
Moss laughed, closing his eyes and humming as he let Isa shower him with kisses. He smooched him back with a "Mwa!" and just cuddled there, gazing at him, his one hand reached back and absently combing through his hair, the other caressing his hand.

After they had their fill of both cuddles and a nice hot meal, they drove Capellini eastwards where the open red fields of sea grass gave way to tall forests of giant kelp-like plants, but had these bulbous glowing yellow sacs, and tall eel-like creatures that stood up still from sandy holes almost as if pretending to be kelp themselves.

There were older, chipped, coral statues here and broken pillars, though they weren't overgrown with algae, as though merfolk regularly cleaned these ancient structures, but did not repair nor change them. And all of the statues were merfolk like Moss and Thera, and had horns on their heads, some even with three, never two.

And then the kelp forest opened into a clearing where a solitary cairn with the lone statue of what looked like a king carrying a trident of gold sat in the center. Here there were pillars intricately carved of images of merfolk carrying a crystal, building a village, and fighting against great misshapen abominations with tentacled faces. There was also an obelisk of ice where inside, frozen in time, was a horned mermaid, her eyes glassy from death, but she was still beautiful, silver hair a fractal blur from the refraction of the light.

"So, this is my great, great, great, great, greaaaaaaaat, grandma, Queen Hera. That up there is King Triton." said Moss conversationally, as though he'd been here many, many times.

underwater_ruins_by_mikaelwang_d6ti8p6-fullview.jpg
Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Isa chuckled in their kiss before purring as he felt a comforting hand comb through his hair. Fluttering his eyelids closed as they cuddled.

After having their fill of cuddles and a hot meal, the redhead helped Moss move the caravan up and kept him company as the merman drove Capellini. By planting his face and hands onto the eye windows with excitement, sometimes bouncing in place as he took interest in the odd plants and funny eels. He almost mistaken them for plants as well with the way they swayed with the currents.

“Woooow~” Isa awed when he spotted the large statue of a merman with a triton in hand. He noticed all the smaller statues too, different generations of Moss’ family, and noticed the number of horns on their heads. Some one and some three. It was strange how there’s no one with two horns, yet Isa didn’t question it. Biology is always weird.

Isa stared at the pillars, immediately noticing the carved pictures of ancient merfolk as he tried to take in as much details as he could. He wanted to take a closer look-

“That’s your many greats grandmother?” Isa muttered, blinking owlishly before looking at the large statue. “And that’s your many greats grandfather?…woahhhh.”

The redhead suddenly turned around with a huge smile. “Can we swim and have a closer look?” He has so many questions! “Why is Queen Hera in ice? Is that a form of a tombstone of sorts? If so, what about King Triton? How come we don’t see him in ice?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Yes." Moss nodded when Isa asked about his grandparents. "Of course we can have a closer look~" he offered a hand to Isa, just looking happy he is happy. And waited for the customary dimension door.

When they were outside, he followed his beau, silently amazed at how far he'd gone with his fear. To think Isa asked if they could swim. "Well, when Queen Hera was possessed by the Heart she was struck by the magic of the Old Ones, but she miraculously didn't die, and the stories say there was this nova of lightning tide that burst out of her," Moss swam and showed Isa the carvings of said event, "it pushed the Old Ones away and out of the shell she and the Heart were covering the village, and then it was finished . . . I think she was dying and didn't want to because she still had to lead her merfolk, but no one is sure what she really said because no one was near her after the nova, but they said she was looking up at the Heart, her lips moving, with a pleading look, and then the same kind of lightning surrounded her, but it's not lightning like we see it, it looks like . . . like my runes but in water and not ink? And then the lightning froze, and ice grew on the lightning branches until it encased her in this . . . ice . . . thing?"

Moss placed a hand on it.

If Isa did the same, he felt that it was as cold as ice, but didn't exactly feel like ice. It felt vibrant with magic, almost like the time Isa came close to The Heart.

"It never melts." signed Moss. "We've never encountered a gem, or anything like this anywhere, nor has the Heart ever made anything like this again. Even the crystals we wear are not like this. And so we call this Heracine, the unmelting, unbreaking ice crystal. Legends say that Queen Hera isn't really dead? Even though her eyes are like that. They say that when a great calamity or foe threatens us again, the Heart will break the ice and she'll come and protect us."

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

With bright starry eyes and a subtle tint of red on his cheeks, Isa gingerly placed his hand over Moss’. Coyly smiling as indigo flames swallowed the couple gently, leaving behind a swirl of ashes.

Just as the water touched his skin, did Isa shudder with goosebumps wreaking his limbs. Once again, reminded he is underwater and it’s cold. However the panic didn‘t come neither did his anxiety. All because he’s holding onto the warm hand of his precious person right now—-damn it! He’s so mushy! AAAAAARRRGH.

Isa swam besides the merman, not letting go of his hand. Keeping his eyes open as he observed the murals—-they were much bigger. Everything in Atlantis, he finally figured out, were always bigger. Then he payed attention to his signing, blinking owlishly before looking back up at the carvings. “Wow~” He followed his beau to have a closer look at the ice encased Queen Hera with wide eyes.

Her hair looks like it’s refracting the light. . .

A flash of recognition and sadness passed his eyes before he blinked. Then he copied Moss’ action, gingerly placing a hand on the ice. Isa looked at Moss when he noticed him sign again, not noticing the little sprout reacting to the magic as it’s leaves glowed. The ice, though cold, felt calming. How odd how the ice itself felt exactly like the crystal: calm. Now he wondered something…Is it possible that the heart and her have the same manna signature or something?

Oh, but she was one with it, right? There’s a chance then…

”…I hope her rest is peaceful.” Isa replied with his voice. Looking back at the frozen queen. It’s odd to think about, knowing that she’s dead inside the ice but not actually dead. “I wonder if she ever gets lonely in there…with no one to talk to…”

He almost wants to sing to help rest her soul, but that isn’t respectful to her either.

”Do ya ever wanna talk to her, Moss?” Isa asked, completely serious. He can speak with the spirits with just their skulls…

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"I have, but she doesn't say anything." signed Moss, shrugging. "So I just stopped. She's just like a statue for me that I respect. O!" bubbles came out of his mouth when he understood. "Er . . . I . . . hmmm . . . I don't know? I never . . . thought it was possible . . . I . . . I don't know, Isa. What do I ask her?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

“Whatever that you’ve been most curious.” Isa replied, smiling. “Or something that ya wanna tell her. Doesn’t have to be a question, ya know?”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

Moss' fins swirled absently as he took time to think. "I think my people will kill me . . . but I think I'd like to ask if she'd like to move on and be at peace, just in case her soul is trapped."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa got distracted as he watched Moss’ fins swirl around, finding it cute. He wants to play with the fins again, but he didn’t want to bother Moss while he’s thinking. So the redhead waited while staring at his fins. Then he perked up when he noticed his beau’s hands moving. He blinked owlishly and smiled warmly.

”Funny, I was thinking of the same thing.” He replied. “Let me know when ya are ready.”

Once Moss gave him the sign, Isa muttered his spell. Golden orbs surrounded the couple and Hera, slowly floating like jellyfishes; something Isa noticed is that there are less orbs here. Not as many as in Leor, like this place was sacred and protected somehow. He could hear the echoing disembodied voices of the past. So could Moss as the large and transparent figure of the Dorudon swam by them peacefully. Her song echoing along with the words…

”Have you seen the-“

”When can I see yo-“

”I love you, Trito-“

This is new, Isa thought.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

Moss looked around like a timid child as the voices spoke. Like he wasn't sure if he should be disturbing his ancestors, but he smiled at the Dorudon and reached out a hand to pet it as she passed, a little confused at what she was saying.

As the golden orbs floated around Hera, Isa saw her glassy eyes suddenly close through the ice, and then open with the same bright teal as Moss. His love had no reaction, not seeing what Isa was seeing. The ice cracked fanning out like spider web from her hair, as she looked down, blinking as though she saw them like a hazy dream.

"I . . . can see . . . are you . . . a dream?" she sounded sleepy and confused.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

The Dorudon hummed in her greeting towards Moss and Isa, causing Isa to smile too. Then he looked up and blinked owlishly. He looked at his beau, finding him confused about the voices but not reacting to Hera-

“Um, hello~” Isa started, staying relaxed as he decided to be a connection between the two. Hoping he’d catch Moss’ attention. His tone stayed polite and understanding. “No, we’re not a dream. We’re alive.”

”My name’s Isa and this, here, is your many great grandson, Lysander Adamaris.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss quickly looked at his frozen great grandma, then at Isa. Already privy to his beau's spell, Moss spread his arms and fins out and bowed. "O' Queen Hera, forgive us for disturbing your rest. We merely were concerned for your soul. If you were trapped here and wished to move on?"

The queen frowned at Moss, as if she had trouble hearing him. "My grandson . . . and your voice . . ." she gazed back at Isa. " Yes . . . he reassured us, we sensed him, we called him . . . and dear Melfina visited once again too . . . It had been so long since I saw her . . ." She closed her eyes. "All is so hazy . . ."

Moss, who was looking at Isa expectantly without any rush, was just waiting.

"We are glad our son has returned. He had made wrong choices and led all his friends astray. Not caring about where his path was leading him, until it was too late and he lost what was dear to him. We are relieved he is no longer broken nor angry. Our family is together once again . . . yet . . . I feel that he doesn't wish to stay? You . . . Isa . . . seem to have his heart . . . and his yours?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

As soon he saw that frown, Isa realized that neither of them could hear the other. So while she was gathering her mind and memories, he repeated what he heard to Moss. “I think she can‘t hear you? Maybe if ya touch me and the ice, ya can hear each other?” He repeated what Moss had asked for her, noticing something. “Melfina is my ancestor. She led Lysander to Atlantis and given him gifts.”

She sounds beautiful, despite her being dazed and sleepy. Melodic like Moss’ voice…..

He snapped his attention back to Moss’ grandma and repeated what she said before stuttering at the last bits of the sentence. His face turned entirely red. She can feel that?! AAAAAHHHHH-

“U-um, yes. We’re betrothed to each other….” Isa stated, not afraid nor ashamed of saying that to a plus thousand years old spirit that could possibly kill him on the spot. He wondered…

”May I ask for your blessing to marry him?” Isa asked steadily .

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss held Isa's hand and then touched the ice. Then looked expectantly at the statue, waiting --- before he swiveled with wide eyes to Isa.

Queen Hera opened her eyes, and for the first time she smiled, looking more awake. And also more stern, as if she was scrutinizing Isa to make sure he was good for her great grandson. "The past is reviving in the present . . . and brings with it the spirit of the people that was once united to ours. You may not know, but what you are asking is more than a bond of words and soul, young Isa. It is also a bond of land and ocean, in you, that will change you." And then Isa saw a glow growing around her neck: a crystal, same as the ones the merfolk wore. And it called to him.

"A bond your ancestors once took . . . not only for love . . . but also to care for the home your love was born in to. So if you are willing to also care and give to the seas and not just take from its bounty, come, spread your hands, show me your heart and swear, then I will give you my blessing." The ice cracked. And her arms and fins spread open in a gesture like what Moss did, though she did not bow.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Did Moss not hear that too?! Ah gosh…Isa squeezed his hand tightly.

He can feel his cheeks burning, but Isa’s yearning to gain Moss’ family approval is important to him. Repeating her words in case Moss didn’t hear, the redhead sighed. His heart beating so hard that he wouldn’t be surprised if Moss felt his rapid pulse through their hands. However when he looked back up midway of repeating her sentence, he slurred. Indigo eyes staring at the crystal on her collarbone, drawing him in a lull.

With a gulp, understanding the sudden changes he might go through, Isa peeked at Moss with a warm smile. ‘He’s worth those changes.’ He thought before focusing back on grandma Hera and straightened his back. Squeezing Moss’ hand once more before letting go to reach out with both hands as if he was about to pray; his mouth opened.

”I swear to love and cherish Lysander Adamaris.“ He started, remembering all the things his beau did for him and all the changes he went through because of him. The sweet touches, the encouraging words, the care they shared with each other, the crazy fear they had of losing the other— yes, Isa will face everything as long Moss is there. Lighting a flame so brightly within him that it burned all doubts and fears he has. “Though bounded by land and sky, I swear to only respect and give into the sea to be with him—-to be with my home where he holds the key.”

Dear Loki, he wondered if his Ancient can hear how hard his heart is beating too. He could barely hear anything anymore as his cheeks heated up. Moss could cook an egg on his face with how hot he is right now.

The little sprout on his head is wiggling so much-! Bashful yet nervous and excited as it nonstop curled it’s leaves.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"O! O!" Moss kept quiet, not willing to disturb this very important moment and just squeezed Isa's hand. He looked back at Isa and at the sight of his warm smile, he smiled, timidly, but happily, and held his hand even more securely.

As his love spoke, Moss swelled with affection and a bubbly tenderness that made him want to sweep Isa into his arms, but he floated in place, mimicking Isa's hands as he looked at Queen Hera in earnest. He did not know the old ways of vowing, but after Isa spoke, Moss gently swam before him, taking his hands and touched his forehead to his.

"I too swear to love and cherish Isa Bianchi. To be a warming comfort in the cold, to bring a smile when you are sad, and a shoulder to lean on when life is too much to bear on your own." he caressed his cheek. He turned to Queen Hera. "Though I am no longer bound by land and sky, I too will not forget to respect the sea. Mark O Kings and Queens here and now. This we confirm our sacred vow."

"Now you will feel no storm, for you will be shelter to each other." said Queen Hera. "Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there is no more loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two bodies, but there is only one life before you. Soon you will go to your resting place, to enter into the days of your togetherness. May your days be good and long upon the lands and sea. We the Kings and Queens of Atlantis bless your vow."

Isa would feel a strange sensation down his legs.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa blinked owlishly when Moss held his hands, adjusting them to intertwine their fingers and palms touching the other. Their foreheads touching. Was Moss using his voice? It’s so loud compared to before-

He stopped thinking, letting his emotions overwhelm him. Letting his enamored self be filled to the brim and overflowing as he listened and leaned and snuggled his cheek into Moss’ hand. His smile opened, revealing his sharp teeth as watery eyes twinkled; plumping one of those eyes up with that very red cheek. Then he repeated what Queen Hera said, hiccuping and sniffing as a sense of belonging fulfilled. “I-“

Isa violently flinched, sharply looking down when he felt a prodding sensation on his legs-in his legs- “Huh?” That’s when he noticed the indigo-white glow on his chest right where his heart is. Atlantean and Mier runes started to swirl beautifully around him as they glowed brighter by each second and peeling off from his skin to form a cocoon. He looked back at Moss with starry eyes while biting on his bottom lip, anxious and excited of what’s going on, never taking his eyes off of him until his head is also encased.

Moss can still Isa’s hands from inside, feeling him squeeze tightly— he can feel the gentle push of webbing between the fingers and his nails felt slightly pointy. The runes dispersed slowly from the bottom, revealing an indigo tail that looked similar to an axolotl. Two feathery side fins on each side of Isa’s hips with a swaying tendril, dipped in an almost black to indigo colors. The underbelly is a soft white-blue with a few streaks of sky blue lines forming a mesmerizing pattern; connecting to the side fins and ended in an eye pattern. Indigo and autumn colored scales dusted on his back where Moss would noticed, Isa’s tattoos changed color too. Instead of black, it’s a dark royal blue that matched with his tail. His fingers were webbed in the lighter colors of blue while the pointy ear became pointer and tinted in indigo scales too. His hair color became vibrant and longer, slightly passing his shoulders and reaching his shoulder blades. When Isa fluttered his eyes open, his beau would see that his eye color seemed brighter too; a rich indigo.

Isa froze, breathed—-THAT’S SO WEIRD, HE CAN BREATHE WITHOUT BREATHING—-, and looked down again. Blinking owlishly as he moved his—-that’s his tail?! It is! He’s moving a tail—-he has a tail! Then he looked at his fins, watching them subtly waving and wiggling along with the tendrils. Letting go of one hand to see the webbing and felt his ears. It’s true. He became a merman. Isa smiled happily again, gazing at Moss as he held his hand once more, only to hug him tightly. His fins gently wrapped themselves around Moss’ hips, a flush of blue spreads across his cheeks. Not realizing that vibrant indigo, blues, and reds ink is flowing out of his back in his happiness.

“I love ya, Moss~” Isa said in his beau’s voice. Sounding ever so sweetly.

Zer0 Zer0

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back