• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
abzu_05.jpg
- Atlantis -
"Alright, hold on to my leather holsters." smiled Moss, showing his back. They closed the jaw of the goliath, and with a swish of his tail they comfortably swam towards his friends. "Tap my shoulders once to go faster, twice to go slower, and three times to stop, okay?" his hands signed above his flowing silver hair.

When he dove down to feel the red sea grass and the pale sand where small eel like fishes sticking out like weeds darted back into holes, the beams from the sun hit just right and Isa saw exactly the scene in Moss' illusions. Here in this peaceful field, Moss had brought him to his special place where his friends were swimming through an arc and looping around a pillar of stone.

Moss could not help but sing. And his voice had an ethereal quality underwater. Come to think of it, Isa's never heard Moss speak underwater until now.

"I can show you the world~
Shining shimmering splendiiiiid~"

Katsuya Katsuya

72CCAB6C-A0A1-4E32-A848-32F307E9AC8F.jpeg
- Atlantis -

“Okay.” Isa signed back as he situated himself behind Moss, pressing his chest close to his back just so he could sign in front of Moss’ face before holding onto the leather straps.

They swam towards his friends who were swimming around like bullets in their joy. Then Moss dived closer to the Red Sea grasses, Isa let’s go of one hand to timidly touch it- he wasn’t wearing any gloves so he could feel it— and just stroked the gentle waving plant. Then he saw the sun beams from above, causing him to gasp in awe. Yeah, reality is so much more beautiful than illusions.

”I can show you the world~
Shining shimmering splendiiiiiid~”

Lured by a familiar yet dreamy version of his voice, Isa stared at the back of Moss’ head. His ears and cheeks turned red as he smiled. Enamored as he listened to the lyrics as they swan with it. Over the the Seagrass, sideways of the pillars before they went under the arch, causing the redhead laugh. Watching the different schools of fishes swim around them. Then-

“A whole new worrrrld~
A dazzling place I never knew,
but when I‘m way up here,
it’s crystal clear,
and now I’m in a whole new world with youuuuu~”

Isa sang back, surprising Moss’ friends as they heard their duet. They paused in their swimming as they watched the redhead hug Moss from behind as he watched with stars in his eyes. He signaled Moss if he wanted to go faster, he can.

“I didn’t know he could sing decently.” Tybalt signed to the others whom nodded.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Unbelievable sights, indescribable feelings!"

They floated pass their friends, Moss having eyes only for Isa as he did loopdie-loops.

"Soaring, tumbling, free-wheeling through an endless diamond sky~

A whoole new woooorld~
A hundred thousand things to see

I'm like a shooting star, I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be

A whole new world
With new horizons to pursue
I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare
Let me share this whole new world with you~"

Moss slowed and turned facing Isa, swimming together, belly to belly. And beautiful glowing water colors trailed from him, and he danced in graceful spirals around Isa, gaze never leaving his, as he wove a poetry of Nazja runes like a beautiful blanket around him.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“Don’t you dare close your eyes~”

Isa smiled back as they looped.

“Hold your breath, it gets better~“

He couldn’t look away from Moss as they gazed at each other. Then the merman slowed as he sang back. Isa sang with him, swooning. Harmonizing.

A whole new world
With new horizons to pursue
I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare
Let me share this whole new world with you~"

Isa helped, moving around so he could face Moss with their bellies touching. He gasped when he noticed the glowing runes, watching them twirl around him in a light cocoon of written romance. His eyes became teary, absolutely touched and enamored as his smile sweetened, his shaky breathing slowed and deepened. He didn’t have ink to write with, however . . . he could do something.

So he reached out to hold his hands, kissing them first as their gaze never breaks, and opened his mouth.

Moss~ I love you~” Isa mimicked Moss‘ melodious singing voice, sounding tender and gentle. Something that not even his friends have heard from Moss.

Thank you, Moss~” He purred, trying to stop the tears from flowing—-not that they could tell if they were. Nor did it matter. All he could see is Moss . . . and Okami who is slowly bobbing his head. He leaned in, lips close to the merman’s.

Zer0 Zer0

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa melted into the kiss, letting go of his hands to cup his cheeks as he slightly tilted his head.

While Titania and Palilea sighed in happiness from seeing this beautiful display of love, silently cooing and tails swishy while leaning their elbows on the arch, Estavan and Tybalt calmly observed. Then the orange merman sighed, crossing his arms while he wrote with his finger.

Guess Moss really did change, huh?”

Tybalt nodded, replying. “For the better, I think. I rarely seen him this happy and relaxed in the last decade. Now we get to see him this way with someone.”

” . . . Think we should let it go?”

I already did.” Tybalt stated. “Forgiving him will take time, but Lysander kept his promise. So I’ll let go of my anger- unless he pissed me for another reason-!”

Estavan shook his head in amusement. “You just want to be angry.”

Do not-!” The orange merman rolled his eyes before he looked at the couple. Watching Isa tuck a white strand of hair behind Moss’ ear before nuzzling their foreheads together. Perhaps he is a good influence on their estranged friend. Despite his crazy antics, that redhead cares for Moss.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

Moss embraced him, floating serenely along the current, as his warm lips gently moved across his. From his hips down his legs, all of Moss' fins were hugging him. He gazed up like he just had a breath of fresh air and caressed Isa's cheek, leaning into his palm, as his beau tucked a silver hair behind his ear. They slowly landed on a bed of red sea grass, where colorful schools of fishes darted away. Moss nuzzled Isa back, kissing him again.

His friends couldn't tell where their affections started or when it ended, Isa's nuzzling led to Moss' kisses, or Moss' kisses led to Isa's nuzzling. The two were like in their own world, as they shared affections together. Moss has truly found his home if he looked at Isa this way and didn't see everything else in Atlantis.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa had his legs loosely wrapped around Moss’ tail as they floated down on the bed of Red Sea grass. Not minding of the school of fishes swimming away like a burst of bright colors. Their lips collided again and Isa melted, deepening the kiss.

This is when the mermen decidedly pulled the girls away, saying it’s time to give them space.

”Daaawwww, okay, Daaaaaad.” Palilea pouted, crossing her arms as Titania giggled behind her hands.

——-

After an hour or two, a dazed Isa turned into an octopus and sitting inside Moss’ hair pocket, and the group left their secret spot. With Palilea leading them towards Atlantis. However, she didn’t use the usual method. Instead she sneaked them inside, using shadows and abandoned places to swim as they weaved through dying coral and reefs. That’s when the group noticed the changes of their home.

There were more sirens here, no sight of golden soldiers in the open, and it was quiet. Normally, Atlantis would have song playing somewhere and it would be colorful and brightly lit. Yet it was quiet, desolate, and oddly grey-ish brown. The waters here weren’t as clean as before.

Tybalt gritted his teeth as they watched from the shadows of a couple of sirens laughing, carrying one important item in their hands precariously. The crystal heart pieces. It wasn’t theirs, not with the way they were carrying them around. Palilea gulped, holding onto her piece which she wrapped earlier with a piece of seaweed. “We need to go after they leave.” She muttered in a whisper. “To the hideout.”

She led them towards the more sketchy places of Atlantis, ironically it was cleaner, but still quiet.

Zer0 Zer0

underwater_kingdom_by_kotlentyi_d6b3crt-fullview.jpg
- Moss Adamaris -

That hour or two was goooood~

With many mwa~mwa~ kisses on the bobbly head of his octo-love, Moss followed his friends, sheepishly thanking them for waiting. He mentally told himself to not make them wait that long next time. They must have been eager to get back to their families.

As they followed Palilea, Moss would reach back and cup Isa every now and then and caress him. He pointed stuff out to him and chatted all about his home:

"O, see that shiny red field there, Isa? Those are rubies, it means that there was a ruby hailstorm recently if no one has come to collect them yet. We also get olivine hails, they're green."

"O look! It's actually a big piece of anion."
he showed him what looked like a shard of cloudy blue-grey glass with wisps of white. Even as Moss held it, it was slowly melting away, becoming smoother and crumbling. "We have anion rainstorms sometimes, it's like rain, but instead of water its pieces of this glass like thing moving sideways really fast, like faster than you can shout."

But when they got closer to Atlantis, Moss tasted something foul in the water, then he faltered and stared sadly at the long stretches of dying coral reefs. "What in the world . . ."

And he swam a bit faster, looking ahead. The murky blue became a murky brown and Isa saw, rising up, what must have been a magnificent giant reef, like a palace city, but it was grey. Corals stretched up twisted into beautiful spiraling towers and spiky arches reminiscent of cone shells. They were more like frames instead of walls, branching and holding up great plates of coral and stone shaped into swirling domes or great bowls. And when there were walls, there were tear shaped openings, or slits covered by large poka shells, none of which were obvious if they were windows or doors for they were all large enough for a merman to swim through. One could not tell where magic started transforming these corals and which one was natural, for they flowed seamlessly into one another, much like the way elven groves do.

"Why is the Heart of Altantis not lit? Wait, where is it, did it sink?" Moss looked up in alarm at the very top of the city where giant carved faces were sticking out of some towers. They seemed to have fallen there.

Moss stared angrily at the sirens from their hiding spot. They had not won the war at all, but then it should be those kingdom soldiers in here, not the sirens. Who were these guys? These sirens weren't from the kingdom Moss had angered.

He followed Palilea into what they called the bone shoal of Atlantis, a sketchy place made of sea creature bones twisted to mimic the beautiful corals of Atlantis, but ended up looking almost like a fancy necromancer's lair, his mind just teeming with so many questions.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Octo-Isa only stare on as the group swam into the bone shoal, seeing the difference between the illusions Moss shown him. Some of his tentacles held onto Seabunny-Okami as he leaned into Moss’ neck to nuzzle comfortably. His indigo eyes looked around from under his chin, noticing the obvious shadowy figures by the window-like holes before they went away.

However it seems like Palilea is used to swimming in this area, unbothered by the shadowy figures as she led them down into tighter alleyways until she led them to an abandoned coral housing area. She went inside, Titania and Estavan hesitated as they went inside too, wondering why they were here instead of going back to their home . . .

‘While Tybalt stayed quiet, frowning heavily. “Palilea, why are we here?” He asked quietly, watching her scatter the dead seaweed patch, and helping her pull up a heavy metal circle that had covered a hole.

To talk freely.” Palilea muttered before she swam behind everyone and lightly pushed them towards the hole. “Just trust me and go.

Just as the last merfolk went down the hole, Palilea went in last. Pulling the heavy metal cover over the hole, the dead seaweed slowly waved over it. The tunnel was dark at first, however she uncovered her crystal and letting it glow. Showing them the way at the front as they passed the crude tunnel, going deeper and deeper to the unknown. The quiet lasted a few minutes, anxious and confused were in the water, and Isa had curled up to the little warm pendent Moss had made.

The group can see light writings floating past them the closer they were to the end of the tunnel. Here, they would see the bit of life they were used to. Merfolk swimming around, building, creating, some eating, others drinking and dancing. It was like Atlantis had shrunk and became more compact with makeshift homing. Palilea continued to show them around, telling them about the preparations for a fight—-and they could tell that she meant it. The weapon creators were doing many spears, swords, staves—-like they were getting ready for a fight. If they looked closely, they would notice that there’s many groups that are planning for bigger weapons and plans to do, even practicing it in drills.

Where are we?” Estavan asked. Palilea smirked, turning around as she wrote the reply. “Welcome to the rebellion.

She dropped off each of Moss’ friends to their remaining family members , who hugged them tightly in shock and surprise. Then she led her father to her mother. . . She had no time smacking his shoulder for leaving her before hugging him tightly and crying. Tybalt hugged her back.

How did you break your curse?“ She asked.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

Seabunny-Okami stuck on Isa's side like a bobbing bandage.

Moss followed Paliliea curiously, cupping Isa when he felt him curl around the pendant. He caressed him again, wondering if the tunnel was bringing back bad memories, and kept his hand sheltered around him. The moment he heard the sounds of merfolk, glowing teal runes swirled up his arms, and instead of silver hair Isa was surrounded by electric blue locks, and Moss' tail swished, scales flowing into white, then grayish purple, streaked with teal that lightened to a pale hue at the end of his tail; his greyish purple fins were teal at the tips. He wore the face of a brash, younger merman with blue almond eyes.

"Rebellion?" signed Brash-Moss, grateful he didn't need to use his voice. "Against Thera? I mean, Queen Thera?" he tilted his head confused.

He watched his friends rejoin their families and smiled. He felt like only a part of his job was done surprisingly. He had just thought to bring them here, and had said yes to helping his sister. Of course he would. But he expected a feeling of lethargy to come to him, some kind of hopelessness to his cause, but it didn't come, and no one was yelling at him, or accusing him. He kind of swam unconsciously apart from the others, not knowing if he was welcome among those he had brought misfortune to, and kind of shrunk, waiting for an answer.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Octo-Isa looked up when he noticed that the tunnel darkened and wiggled happily when he noticed it was Moss’ hand. So he nuzzled his hand. Then he peeked out as Palilea mentioned a rebellion. Blinking owlishly.

Palilea shook her head, grinning. “To save her. I know someone who can explain better than I can, but we have to wait until later. He hasn’t come yet.”

Tybalt was explaining to his wife of what’s going on, whispering in some parts before talking out loud animatedly. Then he led her towards Moss, for once in a decade, smiling brightly. A hand on her waist ever so sweetly, obviously affection towards the yellow mermaid. Her graying amber hair pinned by a red starfish on her temple, gently waving in the water. Her bright apple green eyes stared at Moss, wondering why he felt familiar but left it be.

”He’s the one who brought me back.” Tybalt introduced with a grin. His sight now on his friend. “This is Moss-“ His eyes quickly looked at Octo-Isa. “Silshechels. He was also looking for a way back here to help us out since he heard about his family being in danger. Moss, this is my wife, Marina.”

Seems like Tybalt got Moss’ message when he changed his hair color, not outing him. His wife, Marine, looked on, smiling brightly and gratefully as he signed with her ink.

”Hello~ thank you so much for bringing my darling back.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Silshechels -

Wow, it had been so long since he'd seen Marine, the war had really got to her, she looked thinner than he remembered, but at least she looked happy now with Tybalt back. Moss looked at Tybalt, resisting the urge to raise a brow at the name, before bowing humbly.

"You are very welcome," he signed, " though I am undeserving of your kind voice. I was merely . . . righting a wrong. And it wasn't just me alone, others helped, especially this one over here." he tilted his cupped hand a bit to show a indigo-eyed red octopus hugging a seabunny, that oddly has a very fancy seat. Too fancy and protective to be a mere pet.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Tybalt shrugged his shoulders behind his wife like ‘I tried, bro!’.

Marina peeked into the hand to see a little octopus and sea bunny on Moss’ shoulder, smiling at them. She took in the too fancy seat and how Moss had his hand over the octopus—- oh! It’s signing with it’s chubby tentacles.

”Hello, my name is Isa~” Octo-Isa signed happily. “Nice to meet you~”

“Nice to meet you too. . . . You care about him very much, I see.” Marina pointed out with a smile.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Silshechels -

"Yes, this is my husband-to-be, though please don't tell anyone else that. We're kind of keeping a low profile. Well . . . "
Moss looked at his land attire, " . . . as much as we could keep a low profile." He looked at Palilea. "So, when will this other merman who can tell us more about Thera --- Queen Thera --- arrive?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Marina tilted her head, gazing at the octopus and nodded in acceptance. She signed. “Of course. I was wondering why you had all those land items with you. He should be coming in a few hours. His cover would be blown otherwise.” She sighed out before shaking her head.

”In the meanwhile, why don’t we have you settle in? I’m sure you will enjoy a bit of rest after a long travel.” She gestured towards a tunnel with red coral decorating the entrance where Moss can see Tybalt and Palilea talking as his daughter showed him around too. Seems like the oldest daughter is not here . . .

”You must tell me how you and my husband have met. I never thought he would leave a certain somebody back at the other realm and return.” She signed cheerfully, not realizing that certain somebody is the same one in front of her. Moss can feel Isa‘s tentacles patting his cheek comfortingly.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Silshechels -

"Oh!" Moss stiffened, nervous. "Er. Who?" He lightly squeezed Isa for comfort. More like support. But before Marina could reply he hastily continued, "Me and Tybalt met when he rescued me from being a pirate ship decoration in the Sawtooth Ocean, though he hadn't talked much about himself to me --- o look, my octopus is feeling faint." He stared at Isa meaningfully. "I think we'll go rest." He slowly inched away.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Octo-Isa froze when Marina looked at him with worry. So he acted the part and dramatically placed a tentacle on his own head like he was feeling sick or something.

“Oh! Of course, I’ll leave you be. Take your time, Moss, Isa.” Then she swam away, peeking over her shoulder in a bit of worry before facing her face. When he noticed, the red little octopus signed. Placing his tentacles on Moss’ cheek and nuzzled him.

”I’m here, love.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Silshechels -

Moss sighed in relief and swam into the tunnel, making sure no one was around before signing. "I don't know if I'm safe here. They might turn on me, and I don't want to ruin my friends' reunion with their families." He looked back at them all. Yeah, it feels different. He wanted to help but he didn't even know if he belonged here.

He swam on not knowing where to go, before he stopped at a small circular coral chamber that was empty. It had a dim tear-drop hole in the wall that had a wide bowl bottom for two lined with sand; empty carved shelves lined one side of the chamber, and in another was a sandy floor where something like a cross between a red tube brush worm and a red venus-fly trap was sticking out. Small fishes were trapped inside its jaws.

Moss entered, searching for something and saw a long tentacled purple anemone on the roof stuck to a slab of green rock. He took it and fit the rock perfectly into a cleft above the chamber entrance curtaining it with a thick layer of waving anemone tentacles. He moved to the red venus-fly trap thingy and caressed the tube absently, and it automatically withdrew, but its big head was stuck open and Moss just took a fish and ate it raw in one bite.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Unknown to Moss, several familiar eyes have followed him. Confused yet assuming why he left. Tybalt almost wanted to stop him from leaving but before he could call out to him, his wife hugged him tightly. He’ll talk to him later.

As Moss settled himself and crunched on a fish casually, Octo-Isa changed to his normal form and made sure to not be easily visible from others outside. Soft hands cupped his cheeks to gently nuzzle him with their foreheads. Not minding the blood—-that’s a lie, he slightly cringed at the blood that’s flowing out of Moss’ mouth— as he focused on comforting the merman.

”Moss? Even if they do, I’m still here with ya.” Isa muttered quietly, mimicking his voice. Then he cringed again, shaking his head. “Ack. Blood—” He stuck his tongue out in mild disgust before going back in to nuzzle his saddened beau.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

Moss, surprised to see Isa be Isa, immediately dropped his illusion, held his face and nuzzled him back, wrapping his tail around him, shoulders loosening at his words. "Ah!" He waved the bloody water away. "Sorry, Isa."

He drew him into the tear drop hole and snuggled under his chin in the sand bowl and was quiet for a while. "I was worried about you coming here, but I'm glad I'm not alone." his tail tightened, and with careless abandon he snuggled everywhere against Isa, just seeking his care.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“It’s okay, love.” The redhead purred in his normal voice, placing comforting kisses all over his face.

Settling in the tear drop hole, Isa wrapped his arms around Moss’ back and waist. Placing him on his lap as his tail wraps around the redhead’s waist and legs. Isa continued to kiss his face during the quiet moment, rubbing his back and head sweetly. Being calm as Moss took his time to open up—-and Isa gave him all the time he wanted. Then Moss spoke, causing Isa to coo, snuggling back as he hugged him protectively.

”I’m staying with ya through thick and thin.” Isa muttered, snuggling his nose into the merman’s white hair. Rocking a bit, swaying back and forth, he stayed quiet for a few moments before humming a song that sounded familiar to the merman.

‘Leave your worries by the shoreline,
And run your bare-feet through the sand,
Let the water be a soft bed,
When you cannot bear to stand.

Make friends with flying seagulls,
And hold the sun up-to your palm,
Before you duck beneath the water,
Where the world is mute and calm.

Tell the fish all of your problems,
As they all come swimming past,
When your lungs are close to bursting,
Swim above the waves and gasp.

Let the water hold your sadness,
And wash it right out to the sea,
So like a message in a bottle,
All your worries are set free.

And the sea might make you feel alone,
But the world has troubles too,
For how else do you suppose,
The ocean got so blue?"

It was the song he sang months ago, when they were at the canoe to fish together. Did Isa remember?

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss looked up when Isa began to sing. For the first time since he began to worry he smiled, and relaxed even more, loosening his coils and stretching out on Isa. His chest heaved easier, as he gazed up at him like a tiny chocobo enjoying being cloistered and fed cinnamon buns.

At the end of his song Moss wrapped himself around Isa again in a hug. "Thank you, luprisca, I think I'm ready to go out again. Whenever that merman Palilea mentioned arrives." he smiled, then leaned up and kissed him gratefully, side fins squeezing.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Noticing Moss relaxed, Isa smiled warmly and gently nuzzled their foreheads together at the last note. He should sing more since it made him happy. He chuckled when he felt being squeezed again, breathing in deep and slow as he hugged and leaned back. Bringing Moss with him as they cuddled. Holding him like a mother otter with her baby.

“Anything, mi amor~” Isa purred quietly, humming as they kissed. He deepened it, wanting to give all the comfort and love Moss wants. He fluttered his eyes closed, however Moss would notice the shadows becoming darker as someone is putting pieces of coral in the exposed parts of the makeshift home. A familiar sunshine yellow, creamy white, and black splotchy colored tail hinted that someone is making sure they stay hidden from prying eyes. Then with a swish of his tail, Tybalt left quietly. Leaving the couple be as he met up with Palilea whom wanted to show him her odd collection of mini seashells.

Later, the couple would see a petite hand shuffling a game that merfolk would play together.

Soon after that, a pastel pink tail gently pushed in spongy sea anemones through their small window; considered as soft pillows for merfolk as Isa understood.

The couple would even see a familiar orange tail flashing past their window as if Estavan was checking on them before he left and came back with seaweed as curtains for their privacy.

Isa blinked owlishly. Still curled with Moss in their little warm hole and he hummed quietly.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

Isa felt Moss stiffen in the middle of their kiss, eyes at the shadows, and then he relaxed. "Tybalt just . . . covered us." And then more of his friends quietly came. He felt his heart melt. He thought he went away unnoticed, but here they are caring for him.

He suddenly felt loved. And that washed all his fears away, as he actually spoke, "Sas efcharisto." thanking Titania, and brought the anemones over to Isa and their sand bowl.

"SAS AGAPO PAIDIA!" Moss yelled bubbles when Estevan passed by. I love you guys.

Moss felt truly better now. Surrounded not only by Isa but by his first family too. He casually snuggled Isa. And then realized something.

He looked up at Isa who was holding him like a mama otter, his tail swished. "I love you too, Isa." he said in his mother's native tongue and hugged him. "Thank you again."

Katsuya Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back