• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
- Mission: Surprise attack -

Isa nuzzled into his hand, closing his eyes to absorb the comfort. Oak held onto the fainted sea slug with his fins as he figured the situation quietly.

Once they were up, Isa climbed up and laid flat on Moss’ head. Looking like a small hat for the merman. The seal saw the sign as his hands glowed and nodded. Permission granted as his eyes steeled over and swam together with Moss. Then . . . Atlantean runes swirled and struck the sleeping sirens, plumes of sand clouds covering their vision for a moment. Shocking the group of humans and dried merfolk. All of them whispering in fear and hope. Fear for the worst and hope for the best.

‘They saw what is left behind: three tiny tortoises. Helpless and now awake as they looked around and wondering what’s going on. Oak quickly swam to the surface, wiggling onto the surface as his form changes back to being an graceful elf before collecting all of the turtles. Glaring at them with sharp eyes that gleamed red.

”Talk and I’ll end you with sun and salt.” Then he licked his lips, revealing sharp teeth. The four tortoises shook in fear. “Tortoise stew sounds good right now too . . .”

In the meanwhile, Octo-Isa stayed on Moss’ head, not willing to go back to the water until they reached the surface. Then he transformed back to human, staying close to his beau. The group of Merfolk stared at Moss in disbelief and shock. Palilea stared at him with wonder while Tybalt flinched back. His eyes wide.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

"Tybalt! Palilea!" Moss whispered in relief, dragging himself up to the shore. "We're here to rescue all of you. There's no time to talk. Let me turn you all into fishes and then you can follow us out of here or go wherever you please."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Mission changed: Rescue the kidnapped -

When he saw that Moss is dragging himself, Isa picked him up and jogged closer to the group. Tybalt is staring at his tail before snapping his head up, his words muffled by the cloth in his mouth.

“Uncle Lysander!” Palilea smiled weakly. Once he was closer, he’d see that Palilea has been through tough times. Her cheeks were gaunt and she is paler than normal. Her scales are dry and flaking badly as if the sirens had left her out in the sun for too long. Tybalt had bruises, just like the other adults in the group. The redhead placed Moss to the sandy bank gently before untying any gagged persons, Tybalt being the first.

”Shh.” Isa whispered before jogging away to help others.

Tybalt moved his aching jaw first and talked quietly. “Alright. Do it quickly. Those shady sirens are bound to wake up to check on the guards soon-“

”Everyone.“Oak caught everyone’s attention. “Follow me after you’re turned into fishes. My group will make sure you will be safe.”

Soon, Poppy, Christine, and Andrew came and helped gather all the fishes that Moss transformed after Oak explained what’s going on. Gently flinging them into the water. Afterwards, Seal Oak wiggled back underwater along with Christine, Andrew, and Poppy who formed a formation.

Christine will swim with Oak at the front. Andrew and Poppy will take the back. Isa and Moss will guard the middle in case of surprises and making sure no one gets lost.

Octo-Isa stuck onto Moss’ neck, tucked away in his hair pocket. They were ready in case more sirens wake up and find them.

Zer0 Zer0

- Safe! -

Moss automatically wrapped an arm around Isa's neck, and his relieved expression turned into a scowl as they came close and he saw the state of his friend and especially his daughter.

He glared at the helpless turtle-sirens before reaching down and immediately combing Palilea's hair, softly cooing in Nazja, "There, there, we'll keep you safe, my dear --- Thank you, love." he added after Isa put him down.

He looked at Tybalt, a little hesitant, but relieved he didn't look angry to see him. He nodded. "You got it. And . . . I'm glad you're alive."

After Oak spoke, Moss turned all the prisoners into fishes, Tybalt and Palilea being Blue Tangs. And thanked Isa once more for carrying him back into the water. Moss used this time to briefly snuggle into his chest and calm his nerves, before waiting for Isa to transform and swim into his hair again.

Then, with everyone ready, Moss drew out a tiny vial of ink from his spell component pouch and with a glow of teal Atlantean runes, a darkness reminiscent of Isa's flame ash and dark blue smoke swirled out from his tattoos, engulfing them all, and a kind of muted silence pressed on their ears. The haze cleared, yet when they looked on at their forms they seemed a little ghostly, faded out, blending with the surroundings.

And off they dove.

Moss' heart hammered as they swam past the sleeping sirens, expecting something to go wrong, or something unexpected to twist their escape.

And yet, Oak and Christine led them well, all calm and precise as though they had immediately memorized the maze-like passages.

Once or twice they had to stop and hide among the ruins to avoid the patrols.

But all in all, as they finally exited the cavern, it went pretty well. Moss exhaled bubbles, as they quickly made their way back to the safer shores of Cascatta. Moss swam above the water the rest of the way, taking Isa out of the depths and into the sun and wind.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa snuggled Moss’ neck closely, shutting his eyes shut to not focus that he is surrounded by water again. He can feel Moss’ heart beat, his pulse, racing in anxiety as they sneaked out of the ruins.

Oak lead everyone to safety, making sure they reach a certain point of shore to break the surface. Then they’d swam close to the surface, peeking over his shoulder to peek a certain couple before focusing onward. Isa noticed they were out of water and peeked out from the pocket. He melted on the shoulder for a moment, relief seeping out of his tiny body before he climbed on top of Moss’ head. Two tentacles held onto his horn and cuddled with it.

The seaweed on his head wiggled happily as he bobbed his head while enjoying the sun and wind.

As they reached the shores, merfolk and humans alike transformed back to normal. Most of the sailors helped carried the merfolk onto the beach while others paired together to carry them. Wanting everyone to be safe out of water. Isa transformed back to normal too before carrying Moss in his arms. Tybalt carried Palilea, waiting for the couple before they ran to the border of the town. There, everyone will see a waiting group of soldier elves, armed and ready to fight. The leader of the elves stood in the middle, quietly waiting for something…or someone. The elf soldiers helped, carrying the merfolk as well as they led everyone to the tents where the healers are stationed. Oak made his way towards the leader—-

There’s an obvious height difference. Oak being as short as a petite woman and the leader stood over seven feet tall! Yet Oak didn’t show hesitation, instead he kept his head high.

”Rowen.”

”Oak, are you ready to show us?” The short elf nodded, passing four scared tortoises to a stoic elf. “These four are part of the kidnappers. It seems they have been tormenting our members of society.“

With that, the soldier placed them in a small sealing cage that’s normally for beastly animals.

“I see—-MEN! THE HEALERS HELP THE WOUNDED, THE REST; FOLLOW ME! Oak, lead the way. We’ll do the rest-“ The leader paused, staring at Isa who walked with Tybalt, following the crowd. The redhead felt like someone was staring, so he turned his head around to stare back at him. He tilted his head. Oak smiled mysteriously.

”I know . . . Our little prince has grown up.” Then Oak slapped Rowen’s shoulder, catching him off guard, and he almost fell on his face. “We’ll talk later after a hard drink! Come on. We’re still on the job!”

Rowen grumbled, leading the men to the seas.

Isa stared, confused.

”Let’s go. I want Palilea to be checked on.” Isa nodded and jogged until he reached Tybalt. Walking inside the healer’s tent. “What a weird guy . . .”

Zer0 Zer0

1212122.JPG
- Moss Adamaris -

Despite himself, Moss chuckled, feeling the tentacles around his horn and rubbed Octo-Isa's bubbly head as they rode the waves together. Suddenly getting an urge for some fun, he branched off the others, chasing the rising crest of a large wave and with his arms glowing white, rose with it and surfed into the cascading water tunnel.

It was a shimmering glassy world of sunlit teals, and a blurry see-through curtain of aquamarine of the coasts of Cascatta that made time slow down for a moment beneath its beautiful, wild shadow, Isa seeing his reflection on the walls and the silhouettes of fishes in the deep, before it ended as quickly as it came and Moss shot out of the tunnel, whooping into the sun.

He kept a reassuring hand on Isa the whole time, and when they reached the shore, Moss looked at Isa's face to see his expression, before he was picked up and he snuggled into his chest. "I hope that wasn't too scary." he said, still looking exhilarated.

As they went off to follow Tybalt, Moss felt a sudden rush of affection, and kissed Isa's cheek. "You were very sweet back there, offering me your coconut and carrying me. Thank you, love."

He noticed Oak handing over the turtles.

"Oak, wait! Can we go over there Isa?" he pointed. "Oak, I promised that one siren he wouldn't be harmed. Is it okay to let that one go?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa tightened his grip around Moss’ horn as he suddenly went with the wave, and made it slightly bigger while riding with the current. His eyes widened in shock and excitement at the pretty sight of the sun’s light glittering through the clear waters. Following the shadows of the fishes that passed by as they shot out of the tunnel.

He leaned into Moss’ hand, wrapping tentacles around fingers, and squeezing them. The merman can feel all three hearts beating fast-!

In the shore, as a human, Isa huffed with a smile. Excitement twinkled in his eyes while his smile warmed up. He kissed his beau’s head. “It was fun! Scary, but fun! Terrifying and fun!” He snuggled his nose into Moss’ cheek. “Thank you . . . And you’re welcome, love~ anytime~”

Oak perked up when he heard his name called and turned around as Sandy footsteps came closer. He blinked. Then he frowned. “I’m sorry, Moss, but he still committed kidnappings. He has to face his punishment . . .”

He stared at the couple for a moment before looking at the trembling turtle whose head is inside his shell. He sighed. “I’ll pull some strings and make sure he doesn’t get hurt…I’ll even watch over him, if that will make you feel better?” The turtle popped his head out slowly, disbelief shown on his face at the decision.

”Now I have to get going.“ Oak jogged away while Rowen kept staring at Isa. The redhead noticed and stared back. Stoically annoyed. “What?”

”Nothing . . . You’ve grown . . .”

” . . . Huh?”

”Goodbye, young prin- oof!” Rowen held onto his stomach as Oak stood back up after elbowing Rowen.

“See you later! Let’s go, Rowen!” And off they went, leaving Isa confused.

Inside the healers‘ tents, Isa went to look for Tybalt with Moss in his arms. Once he found him sitting on a cot with Palilea in his arms, he sat next to him and greeted him.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Ah." Moss clapped a webbed hand on his forehead, after he nodded at Oak and the elf left with the others. "I forgot, Melgar said I could tell you, Isa. You're royalty. The lady who possessed you? Was your ancestor. And . . . your father is the King of the elves in the Forbidden Forest."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa paused. Face blank. Moss can see many thoughts racing within a second before he decidedly focused on him. “I see . . .”

In the tent, the redhead had his face tucked onto the crook of the merman’s neck and shoulder. Listening to the silence that’s between Moss and Tybalt. Palilea spoke up instead.

”Uncle Lysander, thank you for saving us!” She smiled, her tail covered in cream. Tybalt peeked towards his direction. Frowning a bit. “Yeah . . . Thank you.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss faltered a little. Isa was quiet, so he was quiet. Should he have told him earlier. Well, yeah he should have. He knew Isa didn't care much for his father who was never there. Maybe he should have picked a better time to say this. He immediately regretted forgetting to tell Isa sooner. This was so important, how could he have forgot? And Moss clapped his hand on his forehead again feeling very insensitive to the one he proclaimed he loved. Darn it. He kept quiet, bows furrowed.

In the tent, Moss was surprised Isa wanted to tuck into him. He thought he was angry at him, but settled into a merman nest for him on the floor, wrapping his tail around him and hugging him apologetically.

He looked up at Tybalt. Ah, here is another person angry at him too. He looked at his tail. The cure. He should mention it, though, probably not now when there were a lot of people who might be interested in it. But what was Moss supposed to talk about? And he ended up just being quiet too until Palilea spoke up.

"Ah, yeah, of course!" he looked at them both. "Erm, Palilea? Why are you here and how in the world were you allowed to go through the pillars? Isn't it closed during war time? . . . Does that mean that . . . the war's been resolved?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Moss can feel Isa hugging him back, squeezing him. Should he look down, he’d see Isa smiling gratefully before he snuggled into him again. Oh, he is angry. Very much so. It’s hard not to be. After all . . . Moss knew. He knew from Melgar. If Melgar knew, that means Father Ryn knew, and Oak knew and never told him throughout the years. . . It’s very tempting to flip over the cots and create chaos within this tent right now—-

However he is keeping his temper in check. The people within this tent already went through a lot and he didn’t want to frighten the more skittish ones. So he stayed close to Moss and just sit still until his beau wanted to leave. In the meanwhile, he’ll stew a small prank for him . . .

As Moss’ suspected, Tybalt is wondering about his tail. However he didn’t say anything. He didn’t know why he hadn’t said anything, but his gut told him not to mention it yet. His daughter‘s smile faltered, her eyes looked at the floor first and gazed at Moss in worry.

”I came here in hopes to find you.“ She started hesitantly, feeling her father’s incredulous gaze stabbing her back. “We won the war, but it‘s strange! The Queen- we haven’t seen the Queen for a long while and when we finally did, she declared us winners but I don’t believe that. She doesn’t seem like herself, Uncle.”

Palilea‘s smile tensed to a frown as she started to panic. “And the sirens . . . The sirens have been collecting everyone’s crystal pieces. Saying something about opening a vault with it’s collective power. I kept mine safe and I was able to go through the Hercules gates because the King helped me get through. He supported my idea to get you. Then I got caught by the sirens on this side. They were saying similar things too.”

Tybalt gathered her in his arms and squeezed her. Wanting to calm the poor girl down. Isa looked up, frowning in worry. “Seems like there are bigger things than we thought, Moss.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss did look down. Isa was thinking of something, he didn't know what, but he was thinking of something. Moss settled to placing his chin on his head, cheek leaning on the sprout, with his arms wrapped around him.

He listened intently as Palilea explained. "Yeah . . . They want me back? And also, before anything else, I'd like to introduce you two to Isa Bianchi." Moss swayed a little, holding Isa. " And, Isa, this is Tybalt and his daughter Palilea~ Isa is the one who rescued you from drowning before, Tybalt. Do you remember? Before I left Cascatta? He is my fiancé now." He smiled.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Palilea nodded. “Yes- hm?” That’s when she noticed Isa and stared at Moss with wide eyes. Surprised to hear the couple being together. Didn‘t he like girls? Yet he is with a man . . . Who is currently swaying with the merman in their bear hug. The redhead grinned at the parent and older child.

”Hello~” He purred, causing Palilea to swoon. Tybalt, on the other hand, raised a brow. Though he softened his toughened expression, reluctant gratefulness gleamed in his eyes. “Yeah, I remember him. Can’t believe you hooked up with my savior, of all people. Can’t believe my savior is with you. Does he know? About-“

”Yeah, I know.” Isa cut in. Not liking his tone of contempt nor how he is starting problems. “And we came back to help with your issue. If ya haven’t noticed.”

Isa waved a hand over Moss’ tail before holding onto his side fin, rubbing his thumb on it gently. “So, as his fiancé, I would appreciate it if ya don’t stir my temper.”

”Why you little-“ Tybalt was ready to jump off the cot if it wasn’t for his daughter pushing him back. “Dad! Not now! Thank you, for saving my dad. If you didn’t, I wouldn’t have seen him again.”

The redhead looked up with a sweet grin. “Of course. Anytime, dear.”

Tybalt huffed, crossing his arms. “Yeah, right. He came back just to piss me off with his lies. What? Is it an illusion-“

Isa growled, snapping his head around to glare at the father figure. Moss can feel his muscles tensing up as if he is ready to pounce on his friend. Luckily, no one in the tent has paid much attention to them nor felt disturbed by their quiet talk.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss smooshed his nose into Isa's hair, nuzzling, and squeezing him gently.

"I'm sorry I did that that one time, Tybalt, I was very angry. I said I wouldn't do it again, and I haven't. My tail is real. You can even touch it. I have . . ." his voice dropped to a whisper. "I have the curse-breaker. Estevan and Titania have taken it. They have their tails back! When we're done here we can go and I'll give it to you. Then you can go home alright?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa stopped growling the moment he nuzzled him, leaning into his hug. He hasn’t stopped glaring though. Tybalt snorted at the calming response. He snorted again.

”Really now? And I’m supposed to believe you . . . Why?” Tybalt asked. As much as he wants to believe his . . . Friend . . . It’s hard to. After what happened last time and his promises not being true, Tybalt had enough of his words. Why should he believe a liar? Just because he is with someone who saved his life? Not a chance. It’s been years- a decade! - of their life that they were forced to live in Leor.

“What’s the point? Even if i believe you, and you really have it, it’s not like we can go to the other side. That gate is fluctuating. For all we know, it’s dangerous to go through.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss sighed, tilting his head back looking at the roof for patience. He blinked many times. "You don't have to like me, Tybalt." he extended his tail and swept the top of his feet. His voice lowered again. "We have a goliath to take us there. But from what Palilea said, I think that it may not be necessary if my father wants us back. How did you get through the pillars, Palilea?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Hearing Moss’ sigh, Isa squeezed him in their hug. Worried as he gently swayed with him. Tybalt flinched and looked down, envy, sadness, and surprise sparked in his eyes. Realizing that it’s a real tail . . .

”That’s real . . .” He muttered quietly as Palilea nodded. “With the king’s help. He told me when the gates will open and to take the chance to leave…I don’t know how to return though . . .” She ended meekly. Then she perked up, her eyes shining in . . . Hope?

”But we should use the goliath…I have more to say, but I don’t want to say it in front of others.” Palilea looked around, making sure no one noticed their conversation. Isa squeezed Moss’ waist again.

”We should probably go to his house after the healers check on them.” Isa suggested, picking up the teenager’s quiet desperation and panic.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"That's what I've been trying to tell you." Moss wrung his own hands, as all his fins flicked low. He sighed, looking away, grumpy.

"Yeah, let's go to your house. If you want. I don't have to be there if you don't want me to be. " he added, annoyed now. "I'll give it to you, then we'll go, and then you, Estevan, and Titania can come to shore when you're ready. Can we go now, Isa?" he said without waiting for Tybalt's answer.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Palilea seemingly became more stressed the more annoyed Moss became at Tybalt, whom noticed. Something clicked in his brain. He shouldn’t hold his grudge, not when-

Isa nodded and was ready to lift Moss up when he suddenly felt someone’s hand on his shoulder. Keeping him in place. He felt disgust and anxiety at that moment as he peered at the intruding hand.

“Wait-“ Tybalt started. Looking at Moss with furrowed brows.

He growled, rolling his shoulder away from Tybalt’s unwanted touch, and leaned closer to Moss. Yellowing eyes glared at him, causing the father figure to flinch back. Once again, surprised by this red headed man. Though right now, that’s not who he’s focused on.

“Lysander . . .” He sighed, looking at the floor, barely seeing the tips of his fins. “I’m sorry . . . I believe you. Please, stay at my place . . .”

Palilea is here. He shouldn’t continue to hold this anger as much . . .

Isa blandly stared at the man, frowning.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss, still grumpy, also stared. Then that hope of friendship renewed came back. "If . . . if you want me to . . ." he muttered, softer. "I mean it. If you don't want to forgive me it's your choice. I'm not going to make you, Tybalt, I'm just . . . I went through a lot to get that cure. I sneaked inside a Templar's caravan for you, that was scary. Just a little appreciation would be nice is all. Also, Isa isn't fond of touches, please don't touch him without his permission. Let's go . . ." he said once more to Isa.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Tybalt softly shook his head. “I . . . I want you to. Stay at my place, I mean. Let me repay you. . . With dinner.”

Isa noisily huffed. Then he stood up again with Moss tucked in his arms and walked out of the tent. Without saying goodbye to him. Pouting in his annoyance. “Can I punch him next time he touches me?” He asked in a mutter, walking away from the shore, and into town. That man said they could go to his house and if he regrets that choice, the redhead has no problem punching his face in. Daughter seeing it or not-!

He continued to grumble about ungrateful friends under his breathe, huffing and sighing.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss looked at Tybalt a bit more considerately. ". . . Alright, till dinner then."

Once they were out, Moss sighed, wiggling up higher into Isa's embrace and draping his arms over his shoulders. "Yes, you can punch him, but please do it softly. . . I understand why he's still mad at me. He is a good guy at heart, though . . ." he quietly looked around at the passersby and the elves going about their duties. "Isa, can we stop by the caravan? I left the cure there and I need to wear pants before I can change into legs." his tail absently flipped.

Once they were in the caravan, Moss breathed out a final sigh, pulling out his leather hair tie and shaking his long silver hair loose, the familiarity and warmth of their home easing him from the happenings of this morning. In their bedroom, his tail gracefully shortened and melted away into legs, before he changed into the nice clothes Isa had gifted him from Bird Village.

"Isa, how are you feeling after that whole underwater mission?" he called from where he stood in front of his wardrobe, as he donned the long sleeved shirt.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“I’ll be as soft as a rock.” Isa replied ironically, smiling sharp. He doesn’t have mercy. Though his expression softened to neutral, prepping his beau up as he made himself comfortable within his arms. “Of course, Moss.”

Their walk to home was quiet as Isa refused to talk anymore. Sometimes, gently nuzzling the merman’s head with his cheek or sighing as he thought about his recent discovery of his Father’s . . . Position and whereabouts. He still couldn’t think it through rationally. His anger keeps blaring as a sting keeps aiming in his chest; making tighter with each breathe.

Once they reached their home, Isa gingerly placed Moss on top of their bed before sitting down. Facing away from him as to give him some privacy. He leaned back and on his hands, letting his head roll back as to stare at the ceiling. He hummed for a moment.

” . . . A-a little better, now that I’m out of the water. I think I can handle travels if we were swimming underwater without the goliath.” Isa answered, sliding his arms apart on the bed, and plopping down backward. Still staring at the ceiling. “How are ya feeling now that we saved your friend?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss chuckled. Feeling reassured knowing Isa will be much softer than that. He felt happy Isa was complaining for him. He snuggled into his neck and kissed the part of his shoulder Tybalt had unwittingly touched.

Isa had kept sighing too. At first Moss thought it was because of his friends being ungrateful, so he didn't pay much mind to it. Though as he finished changing and now sat beside Isa, braiding his own hair, he wondered perhaps it was too much sighing for his friends. "I feel very much relieved. I wonder why they took them. They weren't you. And the sirens didn't give any demands, not towards us if they were using them as bait for me to hand you over, and not to the demon hunters or maybe the elves as far as I know."

He tightened his leather tie and flopped next to Isa, bouncing the bed a little, as he propped himself up an elbow. He caressed his cheek. "How are you . . . feeling about your . . . father?" he asked carefully.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“I think the sirens that kidnapped me didn’t tell the others.” Isa guessed, shrugging his shoulders. “I mean, they are looking for something in a ruin and apparently I’m a key. I’m assuming they are disorganized and not trust each other . . . Or it’s ‘first come, first serve’ type of reward. Only reason why I say that is because the sirens that captured me kept muttering about finding the gift first.”

”Then again, I could be wrong.” Isa sighed. Feeling the bed bouncing under him a bit. He turned his head, seeing Moss up close and personal. He fluttered his eyes closed as his beau asked the question and sighed again. “Angry that some members of the Sect knew and never told me. Hurt that they told ya first only to hear it now . . . At the moment, I’m planning to play a prank on ya for telling me this now.”

Deep blues peeked through the lush red lashes, not focused as he just laid there. Baring his emotions. “Since how long ya have known?”

Zer0 Zer0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back