• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
- Moss Adamaris -

"I suggest we sneak in. Ignore that guard entirely and try to get to this place." Moss showed the stone map of the odd machine they had found earlier when they scouted.

Katsuya Katsuya

- ??? -

Jesper nodded. The guard had a pattern, the pair of royals have noticed in their observation. He would go from left to right and back within a ten seconds span. It should be easy to sneak past him with the right timing. So the Spartan followed Moss’ plan, letting him go first to sneak inside the entrance before he would go too-

The guard suddenly turned around sooner than they expected and soon enough, he decidedly reached for his alarm horn. Ready to blow-

Guard: 1/1hp
Speciality: Alert
—-Should he catches any suspicious being nearby, he will sound the horn. Should he succeeds, reinforcements will come on the third turn.
Defense: DC16
Weapon: lance| +2 combat

Jesper: 3/3hp
Speciality: War experience
——- thanks to his fights with the Atlantians, Jesper gets a boost of +9 in his combat.
Defense: DC16
Weapon: short sword| +2

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss shouldn't have underestimated this lone bored guard. He had contemplated using magic but decided to save up his spells for later. Now they might be facing the possibility of stirring this place up like an angry ant hill before they could even get close to the Heart!

Quickly, he burst forward to try and jam his dagger into the horn and split it in two.

Katsuya Katsuya

- ??? -

The guard jolted back as he placed the horn’s lips on his mouth, dodging Moss’ dagger-

Only for said horn to be whacked away by a golden tail that followed after the merman’s attack. The guard winced and turned; getting ready to run inside the cave-

Zer0 Zer0

- ??? -

Moss’ dagger barely grazed his tail!

Thinking that he got far away, the siren took a deep breathe with his mouth wide open. A piece of dead coral was struck in his mouth and down his throat, making the siren choke. Jesper held the back of his head and banged it against the cave walls, knocking him out. Then he looked at Moss with a frown. ‘What happened to the merman who beat me?’

Isa, hidden behind Moss’ neck, blew bubbles at the Spartan.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss went red, which with his thinner and almost translucent pale skin made it very bright. "This-this isn't a contest." he signed, swimming past Jesper. "I'm glad he didn't get to sound the alarm. Let's go." Moss shook his head trying to get himself together. Maybe he hadn't yet recovered from their earlier conversation as well as he thought.

Katsuya Katsuya

- To find the ruins of Larimar -

As the trio went inside the volcanic caves, Moss led them to different nooks and crannies. Making sure that none of them were seen by the sirens as he read the map. Taking right or left turns and going through cramp tunnels to reach other dens. While his fighting from earlier made Jesper question him, the Spartan king was impressed with how easy the merman can sneak around like this.

‘What was he doing while in the other realm, he wondered.

They can feel the water getting warmer and warmer, getting closer to a heat source. ‘It’s probably the lava flowing from underneath us.’ Octo-Isa signed as they took a short break to rest. ‘I read somewhere that the earth has this really hot core and that’s where all the lava is connected from. Perhaps it’s the same here?’

‘If that’s the case, we should be careful and not go too close to the lava chambers. Don’t want to be boiled alive.’ Jesper signed back.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

'I hope Thera didn't actually hide it in the lava chambers. Though I wouldn't put it past her to do that and go overboard. Maybe even put a monstrous guardian there only she'd know how to control . . . O, and where we are is actually close to Hades, Isa.' he added to his beau.

'It's a place where it's all boiling water and steam and these dark rocks with magma. It's the only place we think there's land but no one has ever managed to get there because of the heat.' Then he paused, realizing something.

'I bet we could fly there with Capellini. We'd be the first, Isa, to actually answer that mystery.'

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
909FEC5A-D92D-4EAA-B433-DF0F4674605D.jpeg
Isa perked up at the thought of adventure, his buggy and starry eyes sparkled at the thought of potentially find a ruins. ‘We should explore after this!’

’. . . How would you survive the heat?’ Jesper signed and Isa answered with one word. ‘Capellini.’

‘Do you think we’d be able to find the Heart?’ The Spartan asked the couple and after their small rest, they continued on. Luckily, they didn‘t get any closer to the boiling waters. Nor did they crash into any sirens, being able to hide in the shadows and crevices . . . It’s very strange.

There should be more sirens around and yet . . . There weren’t any. That is, until they heard a gurgling of dying screams just up ahead. They continued through the pillar-like walls and through the in-betweens, the trio will see shadows of scattered sirens swimming away. Only to be swiped by large shadowy webbed claws. They can taste blood within the waters.

‘PULL’ yelled a siren, others pulling on a magic-sealed rope as they managed to pull the majestically huge water dragon down again. Taking all of the available sirens to hold it down as it struggles, wildly wiggling as it growls. Glowing red eyes glared at all of them. It’s jaws shut tight.

’PULL! WE MUST CATCH IT, SO PULL!’

Moss would notice that there’s a small entrance just right behind the dragon as well. He’d see it from their top over view of the large den. The sirens have been trying to go inside as well, however the dragon‘s tail would flop in front of it, making it impossible for anybody to go in. Moss would feel a familiar urge, a tug in his heart from a strong yet gentle ancient presence. It’s crying out to a family member, one that they haven’t seen or felt for a long time.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

A happy hand cupped his starry-eyed octo-beu. 'Yes, after this, we'll go wherever you want to go.' signed Moss, a quiet warmth in his eyes.

After their small rest, where Moss still kept a caressing hand on Isa, he signed with his fins instead to Jesper. 'We have to. Even if we have to take on . . .' he heard the noise, ' the whole mountain . . .' That sounded very big.

Quickly but cautiously, Moss led the way towards the scent of blood, freezing when a huge shadow swiped across the wall. From their hidden spot he stared at one of the few creatures in Atlantis that didn't shy away from armies, rather armies gave it a wide berth. A water dragon. How in the world did Thera get this in here? At least it wasn't fully grown because ohh boy.

Suddenly he was very aware of how they're in water and Isa is an octopus. He had never gone against something large without Isa. And Moss felt kind of very, very weak. Unlike his demon hunter, he was not equipped to take on big things. Nor did he have Isa's reckless bravery.

But then he felt a call. An old familiar call. Something he never really paid attention to, but now needed him. Like an old friend you took for granted because you got used to them always being there, but they were always good to you.

'This is going to sound crazy, but what if we helped the water dragon?'

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Jesper followed, staring at the chaos in front of him. Then he double take Moss’ signs, looking at him as if he has lost his mind. He quickly replied. ‘WHAT? Are you insane? That’s a water dragon. WATER.DRAGON.’

Then…the Spartan has a face full of bubbled hitting his face from one reckless octopus. ‘I think it’s a brilliant idea. We’ve done it before, who says we can’t now?’

’.. . You got to be kidding me?’ Jesper replied back after waving off the bubbles. He sighed. ‘ . . . Alright. What’s the plan?’

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

'We cut all the ropes and dash, but I'll try to talk to it when it's not so dangerous?' Moss ended in an uncertain high voice. 'Maybe Thera talked to it to guard the Heart, because, I mean, I don't think she used force on it? I'm not sure, you know her best, Jesper, I have no idea how she got the water dragon here.'

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Jesper nodded before freezing. Hesitant in his answer as he signed back. ‘I honestly don’t know how or why she did it.’ Then he sighed. ‘Okay. Then we’ll have to get close to the ropes. In other words, just dive right in and cut as many as we can. Perhaps Isa should help as well…if that’s okay with you, Lysander?’

Jesper noticed how protective Moss was with Isa and figured it’s because Sirens eat humans.

’If not, it’s best that he stays with you. I can handle a few sirens.’ Jesper grinned dangerously, pulling out his short sword.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

Moss looked at Isa, then at the sirens and the big thrashing dragon. He cupped him closer to his neck. "If you want to help. . . alright." signed Moss, looking at his beau who can tell he was extremely apprehensive at the idea as usual. He looked at Jesper. "It's up to Isa if he wants to help or not." He took a deep breath, drawing his daggers. "Take care of yourself, Jesper. We'll go for the ropes holding its snout." Moss looked at Isa. "Ready?"

And when his beu was, Moss swam as close as he possibly could without being detected, then waited for an opening in the chaos. The moment the dragon turned away from his direction, he dashed from above, attempting to cut the chords at the side its massive jaw in one fell swoop!

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- ??? -

With a mischievous glint in his eyes, Isa signed back, nuzzling into Moss’ hand. ‘I can stay hidden unless it becomes dire. Then I’ll come out swinging.’ So the little octopus stayed close to his neck

As the crackling stones randomly bursts with boiling water and steam, the sirens didn’t notice the duo as they swam as close as they can to the struggling dragon. Hidden within the stalactites on the top parts of the den. The sirens pulled, forcing the dragon’s snout down for a moment and away from the pair. This is Moss’ chance!

As he swam to the jaws of the large beast, cutting the rope, it’s fins swatted him away. Jesper, following Moss’ path, caught him in time; just before he hit the stalagmites-

ROOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAR!!!

The dragon roared as the ropes seemingly snapped, the sirens scattered in horror. Terrified of this beast as it raged on. Biting onto more than ten sirens in one bite and swallowing them whole, releasing him more with each bite. It chased after them as they tried to swim back into the other caves that leads to their freedom- however some of those caves busted out boiling water, scalding them alive. Others were a dead end and eventually were eaten.

Jesper swam back up with Moss in tow, just watching the now free dragon go crazy in it’s fury.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

'Hide! Hide, Jesper!' Moss yanked him down and behind a column of spires. 'I think we should wait till it calms down.' he glanced at the tunnel where the Heart was calling him. 'Even if we get to the Heart, we can't take it out with this guy guarding . . .'

He waited until it seemed like the dragon had calmed down somewhat and there were no more sirens around. 'Isa. Do you think you could go back to Capellini? Just in case it doesn't listen to me and we're going to have to brute force our way to the Heart.'

Katsuya Katsuya

- ??? -

Once hidden, Jesper calmly pushed Moss’ arm away, seeing what he is signing. Understanding what he’s talking about. So far, they were lucky to not fight against the multitude of sirens and the dragon haven’t noticed them yet. The Spartan didn’t know what to think of it, but it seems like Moss has enough experience to be this comfortable in giving orders.

However he hadn’t expected to see the little octopus come out of his hiding place to sweetly snuggle into Moss’ cheek. Jesper looked away, feeling as if he was intruding a personal moment and keeping watch of the large dragon whom calmed enough to curl in front of the entrance to the Heart.

Octo-Isa snuggled and snuggled and snuggled some more, worried to leave Moss’ side. He promised he was going to stay beside him, but . . . Capellini is able to handle the dragon. He could see the logic . . . But he wants to stay. Yet it’s better to be safe than sorry, so after snuggling, Isa leaned back a bit and nodded.

‘I’ll send ya a message once I’m inside. Love ya, Moss.’ With that, Isa swam away. Blending in with the environment easily.

’So what are we going to do?’ Jesper signed.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

It was at this moment that Moss realized his and Isa's feelings of worry for each other were the same. He cupped him with both hands and planted many kisses all over where he could reach. 'I love you too, Isa. I'll keep safe, we won't move until we get your message and you're close to us.' He promised, then squished hugged him to his face, then let him go.

He turned to Jesper. 'We wait. And then . . . I'll go talk to it, you stay here.'

He took out the book strapped to his leather chest holster and quickly swished through the pages. There were no such things as paper in Atlantis, so they carved their runes in stone, or retained them through song and enchantments that captured memory and voices. This book was full of Nazja and Deep Speech runes of someone who took their studies seriously, not a layabout like what he'd heard of Lysander before. He stared intently at some pages, picking some and rejecting others, all quiet and in full concentration, before taking out some pieces of scale and coral and gems from a pouch on his side. Something that looked like a collection of junk, but Jesper had seen him take them and turn them into frost before they manifested into magic. Again, another strange Leorian way of doing things, as merfolk could just make their magic come out without needing to use things.

Katsuya Katsuya

- ??? -

Jesper’s lips pinched, puffing his chest a bit. ‘It’s that for the best? Perhaps I should stay close in case it does something.’

He watched Moss go through this strange . . . Thing with thin things flipping quickly. He understands a few words, however he was amazed of this strange method of magic. He is more impressed of Moss’ focus. Jesper used to hear how Moss was lazy and never once cared to study and yet he could tell that this merman studied a lot with all these notes and scratches. Even using these odd ingredients to create frost.

He wanted to ask, but he felt that perhaps it’s best to not break the merman’s concentration right now.

A few quiet minutes past and just as Jesper was about to ask Moss if he heard from Isa, the redhead’s voice piped in their heads.

‘’’I’m inside Capellini and will start driving close by.‘ Isa purred, causing Jesper to flinch. His cheeks flushed blue.

At the moment, the dragon’s curled up in a semi-ball in front of the entrance, licking it’s wounds.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

'Right, we're staying put.' Moss said back, looking at Jesper about to tell him Isa's news. But saw him flinch at the same time and got the gist. That blue flush though. Moss deadpanned at Jesper. "Hey." he was actually using his voice. "You already have my sister, stay away from my hubby."

Katsuya Katsuya

- ??? -

Jumping again, Jesper snapped his head at Moss and waved both hands defensively. His eyes wide in surprise. “Your hubby terrifies me!” He replied back, using his voice. Then he paused in his fluster and slowly put his arms down on his lap. Pondering as he explained quietly. “I thought his voice would sound more . . . gravely .” Seems like the Spartan is more honest than Moss would expect.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss laughed quietly, fins all perked up. 'Yeah, he has that effect on some people when he looks angry.' He signed. He was surprised at his second sentence. 'Really? My first impression when I saw him I thought his voice would be mischievous, maybe suave with a foreign accent.'

Katsuya Katsuya

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss laughed again, then stopped when he saw Jesper was serious. 'Sorry,' he waved a hand, ' yes, Isa is very protective, but he won't kill you. He'll make you understand that's what's going to happen if you cross the line, but he won't kill you, Jesper, you're important to my sister, hence important to me too.'

Katsuya Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back