• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
- Sabotage mission -

Thera looked at her fussing brother, stoic at first, but her expression softened to a small smile. ‘I have to. They are rough with the needle, dear Lysander.’ Then with a sigh, she pretended to be drugged and let her brother pull her out of the room, swimming slow as if she had no energy. Isa hugged Moss’ hand, snuggling into it as he got squished affectionally.

Moss can feel the strong vibrations from outside of the palace: the battle is getting tough. Pulsating in different motions and feeling slight pressure as soon he left Thera’s room until they reached Alloys’ room. Luckily enough, no one has swam in their way. It might be because the ambassadors have gone to safety while the battle ensues.

As they closed the door, was when Isa decided to take his disguise off, surprising Thera as she watched him study the machine, finding it’s weak point, and shutting it down. It took a few minutes, as if he had already dealt with something similar. Making her believe that this huge machine came from his realm. To think, he would even ask Moss to keep an eye out, in case anyone came in the room while he focused on the machine.

She wanted to ask where he meet this landwalker, however she kept still. Focused on attacking whomever comes in.

No did, however. After a muffled ‘ding!’, the machine turned off and Isa had fun ripping the connected tubes out. The air bubble flickered and broke. The rush of water surprised the redhead whom wasn‘t ready for it and held onto the machine’s railings for dear life until the currents calmed. Isa trembled with wide eyes and swam towards Moss, holding onto one of his fins for comfort. Then he changed himself back into an octopus. Clinging onto his fin. Thera blinked before looking at her brother.

Do . . . Do they have a thing?

Nonetheless, she followed her brother as they made an escape through the large windows and past the gardens. Only to spot a sole siren in guard of the back gates. His grey eyes stayed focus as he seemed to wait for something to happen——actually, it was strange. Wasn’t he one of the ambass-

Thera pulled Moss into a stray coral formation with wide eyes, recognizing the siren.

“I know you’re there.” The siren said out loud, sharp grey eyes stared straight ahead. “Just come out and face your maker.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"I'll be rough with that needle once I find the one who's been doing that to you." Moss signed angrily, telling her that once they have time to talk, to please tell him who it was.

In Alloys' room, Moss rolled the poka shell door closed and swam next to Isa to help him if he ever needed it, and nodded, moving off to the windows to keep an eye out, too busy to remember that this was the first time Thera saw Isa as a human. With that ding, Moss looked back to cheer at Isa's success, only to quickly swim to him and hang on with him on the railings against the current. Thera saw Moss cup his face immediately, and actually use his voice, spilling soft bubbles as he cooed at him in a language she didn't know, both side fins curling Isa's hand and waist.

That fin wrapped around Octo-Isa, other side fins cupping or curtaining him, As Moss brought him close to his waist. He waited, until Isa was okay, to bring him up, still holding him like his hands would protect him from the world and nuzzled-kiss his bobbly head. He looked up at Thera, noticing her look for the first time, as though he just realized she was in the room.

"I'll tell you more about us, later," he promised her, and looked back down at Isa, "but we don't have time right now. Let's get out of here." Moss muttered a thank you to his little octopus, before keeping him close to his lips as they swam out. Moss kept his lips on Isa for as long as Isa liked, just giving him time until he was okay enough to go back to his nape.

As they made their escape, Moss almost wanted to just rush out to safety at last, only to be pulled by his sister. He noticed the siren. "That's Malksmore! How opportune . . ." he signed. He looked around. "There's two hiding in the corals over there, and one behind him . . ." he looked at his sister. "I think we have no choice. I'll take on Malksmore and that other one next to him. Isa can . . . can I ask you something important? Will you stay with my sister and protect her?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Thera -

Thera paused for a moment before nodding. ‘Okay. If you insist.’ She signed back.

In Alloys’ room, as the waters calmed down, Isa nuzzled into Moss’ hand. Taking a quiet moment to just listen to the mysterious words of comfort. Then he leaned up to nuzzle their foreheads together. “Thank you, love.” He muttered back before changing. After having more comfort, Isa raised his little arms up to hug his chin. Closing his eyes as he felt lips on his head then looked up.

They had to focus on the now, but Isa did appreciate Moss’ actions. So he stayed close to the merman’s lips until he stopped shaking and went back to Moss’ nape.

Behind the coral, Octo-Isa peeked out and signed. ‘Yeah. I’ll watch over your sister~’ Thera blandly stared at them. Isa is small and tiny. How would this landwalker help her? Still for her brother to ask him in front of her…she wondered if Moss trusts Isa.

Still, she felt slightly miffed that her brother would ask him to protect her, but she felt a little happy that he cares. ‘Alright. Should we take them off guard with a sneak attack?’

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Sneak attack sounds good." signed Moss. He opened his palm in front of Isa, and when his beau had crawled on, he pressed his lips on his blobby head. "Thank you." he had a look like he was entrusting Isa with a treasure, and tilted his palm towards Thera.

The white little seabunny detached from the side of the octopus' head and wiggled up to plaster itself behind Moss' ear.

Moss relaxed a bit more, seeing Isa and Thera together. He dropped his illusion and smiled at them. And when the two were ready, he went the other way from them, sneaking around to Malksmore.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Battle -

Isa blinked owlishly before nodding determinedly and swam to Thera’s shoulder; the one that’s not bruised. Thera smiled back, though worried. Will Lysander be able to face such danger? He is normally afraid when things get hectic . . . Still. If anything happens, she will rescue Lysander.

The two were ready and swam away from Lysander, hiding within the coral reefs as they sneaked closer.

Malkamore stood there, waiting. Only to raise his lance in time to parry Moss’ attack.

Thera| 3/3hp
Weapon: Triton lance
- her main weapon. Light to wield but sharp as a katana.
* She can boost others by +2 by touch in mid battle.

—————-

Malkamore| 3/3HP
Weapon: iron lance
-It’s heavy and needs both of his hands to wield it. Slow but powerful.
*He is oddly good at parrying. If the player’s sneak is higher than his perception roll, then they can knock him out. If not, he parry’s their attack.
Defense| DC 18

Siren 1| 1/1 HP
Weapon: sword
Defense| DC 16

Siren 2| 1/1 HP
Weapon: lance
Defense| DC 16

Siren 3| 0/1 HP
He is gone, so no. XD
Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

A dull humming thud echoed long in the waters, as daggers impacted lance.

Moss' face scrunched up from the wasted opportunity, but quickly spun in a striking arc, blades sheathed in booming energy.

Katsuya Katsuya
Health: Fresh | Toughness: 18 | Spell Power: 17 |Manna: 12/22
Condition: 0​

Main Hand: Golden Kunai
+1 crit | +1 combat | Sealing Obsidian | Light, "Dual-wield"
Attachment: Retractable Chain
Spoiler: Sealing Obsidian and Gold

Off-Hand: Kunai
+1 crit | +1 combat | Light, "Dual-wield"

Armor: Oyster Armor
+4 Toughness
Attachment I: Blue-teal Ring
Attachment II: Assistant Servant Belt

Alchemical = 720 | Metal = 400
Roleplay Points: 3

BAG OF FOLDING:
*Any clothes you put inside will come out clean, freshly ironed, pressed, and folded. Backpack +20 carrying capacity.

1. Demon Hunter Spear
    +1 combat
    "Cleave". Once per turn, you can make an area attack with -2 to hit, to damage a number of foes = Combat Skill that are clustered around you.
  2. Triton Lance
    +2 combat
    "Cleave". Once per turn, you can make an area attack with -2 to hit, to damage a number of foes = Combat Skill that are clustered around you.
  3. x2 Lashings
    Advantage to Overcoming Difficult Terrain when set up. Rope or similar that's 50 ft. in length.
  4. x1 Trauma Kit : +2 to Healing rolls. DC 12 Knowledge check removes one affliction or improves health by 1. DC 14 stabilizes dying character. If affliction DC is less than 12, affliction is automatically removed. Every extra 1 hour performing the medical operation gives +1 to Trauma Kit rolls. Uses up a major action when used during battle.
  5. x3 Expensive goods
    Leather Octopus Hold, with hot water pendant, hot water bottle
  6. x1 Sealing Cuffs

REBEL BASE:
  1. Obsidian Stove| Uses heat runes instead of fire. Popular among merfolk who set up floating food stalls in the sea.
  2. Blue Crockpot|+2 Cooking, potion brewing, and making medicine. Contains a mess kit and comes with a collection of containers for monster parts, unknown liquids, and acid. Gift from Isa.
  3. Food, 1 week| Enough for 2 people + Okami. Contains rations that restore +1 Mp when eaten during a short rest. When used on pets: +1 Pet Condition, +1 Animal handling. Seafood pasta, cured meat, spices, and other ingredients Isa likes, crystallized in ice.
  4. Ocean Knife Set | Gift from Isa.

Last edited:
- Battle -

The other sirens were caught off guard!

Thera went for one of them, trying to strike, and missed. The siren did the same, making a large arch as he swung his lance, only to miss.

The siren guarding Malkamore went up to guard—-only for him and his lord to get nicked by Moss’ daggers.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"You're going to meet someone worse: my sister." signed Moss' fins as Malksmore was sheathed with booming energy. He swam backwards, teal Atlantean runes of the prince of Atlantis swirling up his arms, and threw both daggers at Malksmore.

They shot through the waters unnaturally slicing through them, trailing chains, right for Malksmore's tail.

And he missed . . .

Then neon sparks of lightning arched all across Malksmore as he swam forward. Moss ducked, as his spear sliced through a silver braid. All of a sudden jaws erupted from Moss' hair, snapping shut in a blood cloud around Malksmore's arm. Polarbear dog Okami hurled out from behind Moss' ear viciously shaking Malksmore like a ragdoll.

"Okami!" Moss shouted, stunned.

The polarbear dog let go and Malksmore just floated down the sand, arm torn in an unnatural angle, unconscious.

Still gaping, Moss parted the waters, creating an air bubble for his pupper who flopped down looking like a panting draping curtain. He wagged his tail.

Health: Fresh | Toughness: 18 | Spell Power: 17 |Manna: 14/22
Condition: 0​

Main Hand: Golden Kunai
+1 crit | +1 combat | Sealing Obsidian | Light, "Dual-wield"
Spoiler: Sealing Obsidian and Gold

Off-Hand: Kunai
+1 crit | +1 combat | Light, "Dual-wield"

Armor: Oyster Armor
+4 Toughness
Attachment I: Blue-teal Ring
Attachment II: Assistant Servant Belt

Alchemical = 720 | Metal = 400
Roleplay Points: 3

BAG OF FOLDING:
*Any clothes you put inside will come out clean, freshly ironed, pressed, and folded. Backpack +20 carrying capacity.

1. Demon Hunter Spear
    +1 combat
  2. Triton Lance
    +2 combat
  3. x2 Lashings
    Advantage to Overcoming Difficult Terrain when set up. Rope or similar that's 50 ft. in length.
  4. x1 Trauma Kit : +2 to Healing rolls. DC 12 Knowledge check removes one affliction or improves health by 1. DC 14 stabilizes dying character. If affliction DC is less than 12, affliction is automatically removed. Every extra 1 hour performing the medical operation gives +1 to Trauma Kit rolls. Uses up a major action when used during battle.
  5. x3 Expensive goods
    Leather Octopus Hold, with hot water pendant, hot water bottle
  6. x1 Sealing Cuffs

REBEL BASE:
  1. Obsidian Stove| Uses heat runes instead of fire. Popular among merfolk who set up floating food stalls in the sea.
  2. Blue Crockpot|+2 Cooking, potion brewing, and making medicine. Contains a mess kit and comes with a collection of containers for monster parts, unknown liquids, and acid. Gift from Isa.
  3. Food, 1 week| Enough for 2 people + Okami. Contains rations that restore +1 Mp when eaten during a short rest. When used on pets: +1 Pet Condition, +1 Animal handling. Seafood pasta, cured meat, spices, and other ingredients Isa likes, crystallized in ice.
  4. Ocean Knife Set | Gift from Isa.
Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Won! -

Malkamore screamed through the bubbles as a plume of blood spreads. Then he stopped, floating unconscious.

”Lysander!” Moss can hear Thera’s worry as she swam closer. There wasn’t a scratch on her nor on Octo-Isa. She tackle-hugged him before pulling away and checked everywhere. The little red octopus swimming off her shoulder to land on Moss’ head, tentacles checking on him too.

’Are you okay?’ Thera signed before pausing at the sight of Okami in a bubble and Malkamore bleeding. Silently, she transformed the siren into a sea slug and——tenderly cupped him? Before pulling him close to her chest as she floated. She sighed and stared at Moss.

’Let’s go.’ She signed.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Surprised, Moss hugged his sister tight. The first in ten years that she hugged him, and did not let go for a few seconds. He cupped Isa too, saying, "I'm alright. Though I think I need air, I've been using my voice too much." he chuckled, and for a moment just parted the waters around his head as he took a breath and let them just wash close around him once more.

Moss kept holding Isa, and when Thera cupped the sea slug, Moss, for a wild moment looked at her angrily like what-are-you-doing? And then before he could accuse her, he closed his mouth and stilled his fins. Someone precious to her is an enemy. It's not like Moss wouldn't do the same for his friends or Isa if they became someone's enemy. So his expression softened and he just nodded, still looking at her a little suspiciously, but more of confused, before following her.

"Come here, pupper, good boy." his hands went through the water wall and hugged Okami. "Did you see him, Isa? That was amazing." and he turned Okami into a sea bunny again and this time let him just ride on his horn like a little seat of honor. Moss really liked polarbear dogs. They are calm in the water compared to normal dogs.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Thera felt relief soothing in her bones when she saw Moss’ patient nod. She is willing to explain later. When they are safe. She snapped her head around as she can hear the cries of her people becoming louder. The crashes of iron echoing and vibrating the waters. She wanted to fight, but . . . Right now . . .

She has to reach the-

Octo-Isa nodded happily at Moss, tentacles wiggling in his mini-celebration of Okami being amazing. Obviously, the redhead wants to give him treats later. Once they are in the caravan, he is probably going to feed Okami with a nice juicy steak. He has done it before, for Okami’s birthday that he decided to make up one day.

Thera has followed Moss anywhere he wanted to go, trusting his judgment.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

They made their way back to the rebel base, Moss feeling relieved to be in a safe place.

"That could have gone really bad, what with my previous injury, but now I think I'm ready to treat this." He placed a webbed hand on his side, after signing to Isa.

Moss cast an illusion on him and Thera and led her to Seirus' den. After they were inside, he cast a message spell to his shiny mentor.

"We're in your hut, I have Thera and Malksmore, we're safe. Alloys' machine has been disabled. What should we do next?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Once they were hidden within the seemingly empty rebel hide out and in Seirus’ den, the little octopus swam off of Moss and transformed back to being a human. Rolling in place as his body grew bigger as they can hear a sizzle and black smoke. He coughed, stabling himself, and swam over to Moss. Wanting to patch up his beau.

As the merman sent his message to the captain, Thera sat on the sandy ground. Taking a look at their captive as she studied any cuts and bruises Malkamore would have after facing her surprisingly brave brother.

‘Good! Stay there-‘ Seirus sounded as if he was busy fighting someone. Grunting with his words. ‘Stay there and try to find the Crystal heart with her majesty!’

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss bound Seirus' hands with sealing cuffs, making sure the chain went around a coral post. "Seirus said we should stay here and try to find the crystal heart with you, Thera." He signed. "And I have this feeling Malksmore may be willing to talk to you more than us for that information."

He watched Isa transform and automatically swam to the corner to create an air bubble for them, going over to his bag to get the hot water bottle, and was surprised when he started patching him up. He smiled at him, a side fin curling up his waist, and settled against the wet wall.

"Thank you, Isa~" he said in that unknown language to Thera, but was Isa's mom's language. Moss didn't know why, but he wanted to keep these sweet moments between him and Isa alone. He looked over at Thera and Malksmore. "I think they are lovers." he whispered in the same dialect. "I don't know what that means, if Thera had been brainwashed or if he truly cares for her. Because if Malksmore cared, he wouldn't have allowed them to hurt her."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Thera nodded at Moss’ assumption, and stayed with Malkamore, fussing a bit over the wounds with a frown. Her eyes sometimes would wander towards the air bubble and the couple inside. Wishing she understood them with that strange language that sounds really pretty. So she focused on the knocked out siren, her lips pinched.

While inside the air bubble and patching his beau, the redhead smiled before leaning up to peck his cold cheek. “You’re welcome, love~” He replied in his mother’ language before focusing on wrapping the bandages around his pale waist. He paused to look at Moss, his smile staying neutral. “What makes ya think they are lovers?”

Though the way she did hold Malkamore did hint it. Thing is, Isa has a weird feeling that Thera isn’t the type of mermaid to let romantic love interfere her role as Queen. Nor let others take control of her with emotions either. Not that easily. Perhaps he is thinking too much . . .

”Whatever their relationship is, Malkamore shouldn’t have let anything happen to Thera.” Isa muttered, smiling as he planted a kiss over the bandages. “So either he also has his hands tied or something is going on.”

After a half hour passed, they could hear a quiet groan coming from their captor. Thera’s lips pinched for a moment before she reached out to lightly press her hand on his shoulder. His eyes fluttered open, dazed in his pain and confusion as he stared back at Thera.

“Your majesty?” He said, letting bubbles leave his lips. She signed back. “You’re okay. Don’t waste your air.”

Malkamore slowly nodded before tugging gently on his cuffs, realizing that he is tied to the coral. Then he hissed in pain, flinching before he relaxed. Before Malkamore noticed him, Isa changed into an octopus again. Not taking chances since sirens loves eating humans and tucked himself by Moss’ nape, cuddling on the small hot water bottle with his tentacles. A White Sea bunny bobbing it’s head next to him.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"She's sweet around him." said Moss, glancing at the pair. Though not as sweet as you. Moss wanted to say that, but caught himself. It sounded like a joke, but inside, Moss thought that he'd like to have something better that Thera had. It was strange, maybe it was sibling rivalry, but, he kind of wanted a domain of his own, and that was cooking and he guessed . . . being lovey dovey? Maybe his injury was getting to him and he shook his head to push the ridiculous thoughts away.

When Malksmore came to, Moss frowned at him and collapsed the air bubble, he swam forward. "Sis, will you ask him where the Heart is? Or at least, where their closest guess is."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Thera nodded before facing the tied siren, signing her questions. ‘Do you remember where is the Crystal heart? Did I tell you or did anyone mention about where they are looking?’

Malkamore immediately signed back with his fins, shaking his head. ‘N-no, you haven’t in case they read my mind too. Since they don’t know . . .’ Then he continued to sign. ‘I know they have checked in my kingdom and currently checking here. I’m aware that scum Alloys has sent others to search in Vesuvuis , past the smack of moon jellyfishes.’

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Vesuvius, alright, I think that's the next place to go." Moss signed. "Now . . . who are you and what is your relationship with my sister?" Moss crossed his arms.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Malkamore -

Moss would notice that his fins stiffed unnaturally. Going straight up and tense. His lips pinched too…and the siren was struggling to open his mouth. Even with his fins, he kept moving his tail, wanting to reply but can’t.

There was a slight glow on his neck near his gills, forming an odd and thin stitching of light over his scales.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss' arms uncrossed and he leaned down at the familiar sigil. "That's odd . . . He's been cursed to hold his tongue. Why would they curse their own?" he looked at Thera, then back at Malkamore. "Hold still." he commanded.

Teal runes of waves, fishes and spirals, blossomed up his arms, as he took out a piece of dark feather from his pouch. Moss closed his eyes for a moment, recalling those nights when they were traveling together and he had asked Isa to teach him some of the spells he knew. And there he saw it, the magic of the sigil like watercolors whereas Isa had seen them as flames. "Hold still." he repeated with his voice now. "I won't hurt you if you don't give me reason to."

And he traced the runes just as Isa had taught him to and rewrote them, breaking the arithmetic lines. There was a little flash of teal against white and then the glow on Malkamore's neck subsided. "There, now tell us what we need to know, and you won't be harmed."

Katsuya Katsuya

- ??? -

The siren stilled, trusting Moss for some reason as he felt the spell undoing. The stitching pattern on his scales unraveled around his neck, dispersing in teal bubbles. Then the siren coughed, fins trembling as they slowly signed his answer.

’Queen Thera and I are engaged. We agreed to be engaged in order to stop the war but the sirens invaded my kingdom-‘

The siren sighed before signing. ‘My name is Jesper, King of the warring kingdom.…..you must be Lysander. My siblings used to talk about you.’

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss staggered backwards as though seeing a ghost. "You're . . . you're Ophelia and Apollo's younger brother." he paled deathly white. The brother of the two friends whose death he had caused. He had heard that he'd been away on a traditional odyssey for many years when that debacle happened, though he has seen sculptures of him. He didn't recognize him at all.

Suddenly Moss felt like the lowest, slimiest sea slug in his presence cornered by the most overbearing spot light.

Without a word he quickly unlocked his cuffs and just hurtled out of Seirus' den. Swimming far, fast, towards he didn't know where. All he knew is he couldn't bear to be in Jesper's presence.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Of course Moss didn’t recognize him. Jesper didn’t look like the statues nor sculptures that Moss remembers. The Jesper he knew looked similar to Apollo, though not as relaxed as his friend. If anything, Jesper was more stern and serious in his role of being a prince. He also had the same eye color as Ophelia or at least that’s what Apollo had said before. However, right now, Jesper looked too different with those sharp angles of his chin and cheeks and his scales are not the right color-

That didn’t matter however-

As soon Moss sets him free, Jesper made a move to grab his wrist. He missed however as his view was suddenly covered in black ink made by a little red octopus who sat by the shoulder. “Lysander!” Thera yelled out as she made a grab for him as well but Moss darted out too quickly. “Lysander, wait!” She followed behind him, coming out of the den but stopped just outside of the entrance. Watching with sad eyes of her brother leaving again . . . Familiar of this view. He left her again . . . Of course, he would. She swam back inside the den, not wanting to bring more attention in case there were anyone around.

As Moss swam out of the den, Octo-Isa held on to the leather holster tightly with Okami tucked in between. He could barely see where they were going with how fast his beau was going, not understanding why he had this urge to run. However he recognizes Moss’ distress. And waited until his beau tires out.

Funny enough, old habits die hard. Moss swam to his safe place. To where they left the leviathan within the long and swaying red grass and by the gates. The reef pillars glowing dimly as it’s slowly becoming dark around these parts.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss was a silver dart through the darkening waters. Slowly he came to a stop down among the glowing reefs in a hollow where scattered old nick nacks of gems and runed shells half burried in sand laid forgotten. He curled into a ball in an old carved stone bowl, looking vividly at them but not really seeing anything.

"Sorry for suddenly leaving, Isa." His hand came around and cupped the little octopus for comfort. "I wasn't ready to face him . . . It was like I saw Ophelia and Apollo looking at me."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

As Moss settled, Isa transformed back to his original form and hugged him tightly. Cupping his cheeks to leave kisses all over his face and head and horn. “It’s okay, Love. Save your air.” Then he looked at the leviathan, an idea stirred, and looked back down at his beau. Caressing and combing through his hair.

”Moss? Do ya wanna stay here or should we go to our traveling home?” Isa asked in a tender whisper.

Zer0 Zer0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back