• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
- Shattered Dome -

Moss wanted to kiss Isa's garlicky mouth, and despite his garlic breath protests, smooched him like a plunger, and then very seriously said, "Isa, till garlic breath do us part, I will still kiss your lips." and then booped-kiss his lips once more, smiling reassuringly. "Besides, I quite like eating garlic, fried crispy with some salt and onion rings, with a sour cream dip~"

Upon arrival at the ruined dome, that was slowly rising as a white forest with autumn-leafed saplings melding into the stone, they found the ladies stuck with what they can do to fix the well and the chamber on their end, and sadly announced that all they did was just remove some rubble and clear the space around the dais and well. The bright beam was still shooting out of the engine blade, and flares of magic still lashed out, causing the girls to duck. They said L came out with an injured Purrsian child and took her to the healer's tent, while Charon and Lysanthir were still down below. They haven't received any messages from them about where they were and what they were doing. They figured they were still traveling. There was also no sign of the drow mages and Lysanthir's servants yet, even though it's been almost two hours.

Moss looked at Isa, "Shall we go down and catch up with Charon?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- South Bhrumstone Engine -

Nava did a twirling take back after Charon finished his spell, ears and tail up wagging, then huffed, staring at him, as though wondering who-are-you-where-is-my-lizard-human?

Lysanthir stared as well. "Master Charon, who are you?"

Pet Panda Pet Panda

Health: Healthy
| Toughness: Background Ability (10) + Armor (1) [11] | Spell Power: Background Ability (14) + Knowledge (4) + Equipment (1) [19] |Manna: Background Ability (4) + Knowledge (6) + Spellslinger (4) [6/14]
Condition: 1 | Roleplay Points: 1

Χάρων

Charon glanced blankly toward Lysanthir when he posed his question and then back toward his hands. Gently, he itched at the back of his hand where the scales rested in his skin, more amicably now. Then, he gave a few more pats around his throat. His brooding, pensive state dawned into a comfortable and delighted smile for the briefest of moments. His eyes were resting somewhere in the distance and jittering around, clearly he thought heavily. The smile was smothered posthaste and replaced with his usual neutral expression. Charon said more with his eyes, the rest of the face he keeps in repose. Looking down toward Nava, he reached forward with his hand and draped it near her front. The purpose was to show her the change and allow her to mingle with it. For a canine, that probably involved a lot of smelling and licking.

Preparing himself for the onslaught of dog spit, he cleared his throat gently and stiffly uncrossed his legs, massaging his shins after sitting cross-legged. It was then that he regarded Lysanthir with a smooth motion of his head. Now, his head moved freely and expressively. His eyes moved and widened or narrowed with his reserved speech, still raspy but absolutely typical for a human. The reserved, precise speech observed by Isa came out weakly, a reedy interference to it; the flesh is new.

"I-I... ahem... am an accursed child... in thi-is, ahm -- world of beasts. Just when I was getting used to the lagom of boating, I stood in the midst of a burning city and with purely Icarian prospicience, thrust myself into the conflict," he spoke evenly. Thinly veiled mourning dominated his posture.

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa protested, ducking or leaning back from Moss’ puckered lips, but he is at a disadvantage. He wouldn’t let go of the merman‘s arm and so, he was kissed. Kissed with his garlicky breathe- “M-Moss.” he stuttered, turning apple red as he covered his mouth after the second kiss. Hiding his timid smile, a gleam of playfulness shone in his indigo blue eyes. “So ya think I’m delicious because of my garlicky breathe.”

Upon arriving the dome, the redhead observed the changes as he listened to the girls. Grinning and taking a picture of the place before ducking down in time too. His sprout’s leaves bounced. He is grateful and relieved to hear about a child found...and considering he was looking for a child for Mrs. Kettlewhistle- “Mind sending L a message? Tell her to ask the child if a Mrs. Kettlewhistle is her mother. If she is, let me know and I’ll tell her mother where she is.”

Then he looked at Moss, excited to go down and see what’s going on. “Yes~” Isa purred. He squeezed Moss’ hand as the pair walked to where Charon and the others have gone through.

Zer0 Zer0

- Beneath the Shattered Dome -

"You have always been delicious, Isa~" he winked, then perked up pleasantly as though he just realized something. "Say, that was the first time in a long time you called me by my name. I like it~"

When they arrived at the dome, Liliana replied to Vidya's message that indeed the child's mother was Mrs. Kettlewhistle. Her daughter was in the relocated healer's tent on the west side of Barad Eithel in the Lower Bazaar next to Sortga's Pottery where Liliana was busy operating on her legs. The little gnome advised to let her mom wait outside or preferably farther. They had lacked pain killers and there was a lot of screaming inside, not just from her daughter, but from the other patients as well. Liliana will probably not be able to help Charon for a few hours.

And so after that, Moss and Isa roped down the hole and into the dark ruins of the fallen dome, crouching down to look for foot prints and following after their friends' trail.

At first, Moss stared, opening his mouth as though to comment whenever something blocked their way and Isa's answer to it was a good kick that sent it crashing down, revealing the next rubble-strewn path before them. He was worried it would cause a chain reaction that would send a cave-in crashing down on them, but nothing happened as they crawled through. Again, it seems that his fiancé's crazy solution worked and Moss was starting to just get used to his risky moves, wondering what on earth Isa sees that allows him to be confident in doing the things he does.

"Isa, about . . . all this kicking . . . something on your mind?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Meanwhile, Charon was indeed smothered by an onslaught of dog spit, until finally Nava became more interested in getting more rubs, and settled rolling around in front of him belly up.

"I did not understand half of that." chuckled Lysanthir, sitting down across him, still observing keenly. "A boatman . . . so . . . wait," he frowned, " . . . burning city . . . Do you mean yesterday? You were one of the warlocks? That . . ." understanding slowly dawned, " . . . fought against the Khlul-hloo . . . and . . . I heard my people were used as fodder in the front lines . . ."

Pet Panda Pet Panda

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa chuckled. He’ll remember to switch the nicknames to name once in a while. He stayed red until halfway to the dome.

Upon getting L’s message, the redhead decided to message Mrs. Kettlewhistle and let her know to wait outside of the location’s tent or further because of the screaming- however he already knew that she wouldn’t go further away. The purrsian was willing to continue her search for her child after the short war, he doubted that screams would stop her now that her child is alive and well.

The couple climbed down the hole and followed the footprints. There were a few rubbles here and there that blocked their path, but with a few good kicks, they were able to follow their path easily. Isa did check if the rubbles were loose or not by lightly hitting with a closed fist and since nothing happened, he kicked it. Luckily, he was right. Nothing came crashing down on them nor caused a cave-in.

Isa looked over his shoulder after kicking another stone rubble away. Blinking owlishly And was a little confused. “No, why?“ Then he realized why Moss was asking. He was kicking. In. A. Dangerous. Area. It’s making his beau uncomfortable. So the redhead stopped kicking, smiling sheepishly.

“I’ll stop kicking.” Isa followed Moss’ lead this time and after he noticed the footprints again, they followed it. Leading to a hole that was more than enough to walk through to see-

“Oh! There they are.” He quietly exclaimed to Moss only to stay quiet. Something about the air was intense and he didn’t know if he should yell to catch their attention or not. Didn’t help that they just heard what the Drow said either. Isa grinned, uncomfortable as he didn’t know what to do. So he silently walked in the room, squeezing Moss’ hand comfortingly as they listened of what’s going on.

Zer0 Zer0 Pet Panda Pet Panda

Last edited:
| Toughness: Background Ability (10) + Armor (1) [11] | Spell Power: Background Ability (14) + Knowledge (4) + Equipment (1) [19] |Manna: Background Ability (4) + Knowledge (6) + Spellslinger (4) [6/14]

Χάρων

Charon's head snapped toward Lysanthir, squinting discontentedly. A huff left him; it sounded like the exhalation of someone suddenly exposed to extreme cold. His head turned around the room while he absently placed his hands on Nava's huge underside and began rubbing steadily. Those green eyes wandered around aimlessly, refusing to turn to Lysanthir while a sick feeling twisted its way through his guts and squeezed his spine. The edges of his mouth twitched frantically between a frown and a smile. At any rate, he was taken off-guard by Lysanthir's proposal.

"Why... how frightening," he whispered hollowly, his voice trembling on some new crisis, "t-that was hardly a riddle and yet quaesitum, you reached," he laughed, it was reedy and horrified, "I meant to speak cryptically and address it later." The only reason his hands were still was Nava's stomach, his shoulders every so often shuddered, though it was arrested by a clear tenseness in his back and neck, "m-mhh," he started, his jaw leaping, out of stress. He placed a hand over his mouth and took a moment, his emerald eyes, still reptilian looking, glancing between Lysanthir and the ruin around them, "as your mien suggests... you honor your professors" he sighed mournfully. His hand brushed across his cheek and rested on the corner of his jaw where it seemed to offer some support to his jaw, which wants to set him chattering like a castanet.

After a moment, he inhaled stiffly and held the breath for a second before exhaling, "bugger," forcefully, his composure animating suddenly. Anguish spread across his face with ease, it was an expression he learned well over a few days. He suddenly crossed the space between them on his hands and knees, though he kept his face level with Lysanthir's, and he brought himself within a few feet of him, "by the gods I've... murdered so many," he mourned quietly, his voice weak on account of his nascent throat, "I was their best case, I could've... disabled the control over the Templar forces..." he sighed, his voice cracking like ice. His shoulders shuddered. Sobs tried for a moment to make their great escape but he shut them up tight. His nose and neck turned red from the exertion and he sniffed, lifting a hand gently, a scowl on his face when he considered Lysanthir, his body stretched between Nava and him, "I deserve to be punished," he stated in a commanding tone, "I gave them siege weapons, crushed dozens, I'm a monster," he rasped, scowling at Lysanthir brazenly.

Moss felt awkward, coming upon such a conversation, and yet he was intrigued. Because such a conversation was going to be what he will be having when he returned home . . . and he couldn't help but wonder at the outcome. He looked at Isa, uncertain as to whether they should make their presence known, but sent an appreciative squeeze back, as he followed his quiet lead.

Meanwhile Lysanthir was regarding Charon with that steady frown. Then he sighed, and looked at the corpses of his fellows all around him, recalling something somber. He was quiet for a while. There was no anger on his face, just an acceptance of what had happened. When his eyes passed over the bodies of the squid monsters, though, that's when they steeled. He looked back at Charon. "Then, for your punishment, help me get my people home. Let me use the engine for the portal first."

In the shadows, Moss looked at Isa with a little alarm. "That's not the plan." he whispered.

Katsuya Katsuya Pet Panda Pet Panda

- Isa Bianchi -

Moss can see a start of familiar sickly yellow veins crawling up in Isa’s indigo blue eyes. His uncomfortable grin grew to a more mischievous one as he squeezed Moss’ hand again. Isa opened his mouth, openly mocking as his sharp words dripped with sarcasm. That wasn’t even his voice either, it was Lysanthir’s voice that’s coming out of Isa’s mouth.

”Ahh~ yes~ Let’s make a portal to chuck my people to a different realm and harm ourselves even further. Just what we needed~” Isa pointed out. Making the couple’s presence known by the two in the ruined room. He wasn’t letting up either. It was like he had experienced something similar and he didn’t want to repeat it. Nor let others do the same.

“Let me take advantage of this situation and not care about the rain outside that will petrify my people or worry about the dome falling on top of us as we open the portal to a realm that no one knows about.“ Isa took a step forward, wanting to draw attention to him and not his beau. His mischievous grin seemed malicious now.

”Oh how wonderful to be ignorant about the serious dangers that will come by ripping a hole to a realm and not consider the consequences of harming my people and others as well~ Ohh~“ Isa perked up brightly, fist pumping as if he made a wonderful discovery. “Bonus point~ we can drown Barad Eithel with the petrifying rain even faster as we use Titan’s soul as a power source! Causing more harm~ Compared to the explosion before—which would only affected the people inside the dome— my plan will affect everyone from Barad Eithel to the small traveling band of purrsians across the desert since Titan’s soul down the well is only a piece and is strong enough to create such a disaster! I’m so brilliant~“

Isa let his arm drop from his cheery pose as the malicious grin twisted to a small snarl. Sickly yellow eyes staring back at the Drow. Now using his own voice to hiss like an angry swan. “Is that what ya wanna do, Lysanthir?”

Χάρων

When Isa broke out in the voice of Lysanthir, Charon jumped visibly and shouted, "augh!" while he jumped to his feet, startled. It sounded rough and he winced and held his throat after exclaiming. The moment of panic pulsed sharply in his chest, subsiding after a few beat of his heart. His somber expression lightened for a moment, he took a couple of steps forward before Isa's words sunk in. The second line Isa spoke to Lysanthir caused Charon to wince visibly. His shoulders shrank in and his arm jerked out of reflex, an averse blink as though someone splashed him in the face washed his face of all expression, it went slack and sluggish. His arm, positioned up above his waist suddenly, continued its trajectory slowly and he placed a fingernail in his mouth to begin chewing. From his path, he turned toward the engine and put his head down. His other arm came up to cradle his waist. His feet carried him only a couple of feet away from the altercation. Green eyes probed around the ground, seeing nothing. The carnage reminded him again of his sins and he sat in them for the time being.

"He is correct, we know nothing about the well."

"Indeed, I had no idea -- we had assumed the connection to the engine would stabilize something,"

"it sounds like Isa knows better"

"We -- I should have asked."

"I shall ask w-when..."

Charon peeked nervously behind him toward Isa's odd visual change. A wave of pure discomfort washed over him. The accusatory tone and the unbridled gauche shocked him and he, his sharp teeth digging into the edge of his fingernail. With a tiny jump, he turned back toward the ground, a bit of fear in his posture. This is it, isn't it? How many mistakes can one make before they're a liability. His internal monologue became a conversation. Voices filled his mind, a conference taking place fueled by stress and fear.

"I shall ask... later," "I saved him, he wouldn't get rid of me, right?"

"We do truly know so little of the well, we cannot fix it, we are ignorant." "Indeed, we do not face a grave possibility of being discarded, we have proven worth..." "This does not redress our crimes,"

"It is leaking, what has changed since the previously stable state before?" "Though, he does not necessarily need us and, having caught us in the act of conferring with a dangerous perspective, he may now see me as a liability"

"Our crimes... I must be punished."

"Have we killed more by our actions in the new dome?"
"Discarded? Not likely, we provide far more benefit than danger, we may confess our ignorance and be forgiven,"

"Forgiven for this but not for that." "How shall we sleep now? We can hear them even now," "It is permissible... they're used to it, are they not?"

"How dare you! Beast! What I have done is unforgivable, I will not be more the monster for such an evil thought," "Shall I destroy myself then?" "That is not justice, merely selfishness, cowardice, we must face judgement."

"From Lysanthir? He will merely use me." "Look at what he has had to watch. It is better he uses me. This occurs everywhere, you remember the history books." "Shall we go to Windshear? Or ask the drow here, we must find them to aid Lysanthir."

"We were going to acquiesce." "But the well is so mysterious still. By what mechanism is the giant's soul trapped?" "Perhaps Windshear will judge us properly for our crimes."

"But of course we would say yes, we did not know the consequences. Furthermore, this anguish..." "There are symbols on the rings about the well, perhaps they are instructions," "Windshear, we know so very little of it."

"Lysanthir mentioned that as his destination, perhaps we shall find a government by the Drow, we may confess our crimes and be punished," "The ancients are not so guileless, is the inscription magical in nature?"

"So many questions," "The power of the well... perhaps it is unsafe now to re-establish a connection,"

"Instructions on the device. We are not in the tunnels of some rupestrian buffoons."

"Information, death, their throes, we must be patient. It shall unfold. Be patent, shush now."

"I shall ask him later, he will return, I will not be discarded... as I deserve,"
after Isa hissed to Lysanthir, Charon turned gently around, his head tilted to the side, his eyes drawn in worry, pointed at the floor. The thousandth pound of guilt fell on him and he glanced uneasily around, waiting respectfully for this to finish. Work called to him as he glanced far around the chamber, the broken pipes and rubble, the... dead bodies. A haunted unrest lingered on his heavy form. He did not seem to be intimately connected with the situation.

Last edited:

Lysanthir jumped, head whipping to Isa's direction. He scowled, chest puffed up in indignance.

"No, of course not! The well does not power the portal, the bhrumstone engine does!" He flung a hand at the massive machine behind him. He shook his head, taking a deep breath and schooling his face to patience. "I do not know who planted in your mind about opening a portal to an unknown realm, but that is not my plan." he implored in a steadier voice. "The portal opens to Windshear. It is how my people were brought to this hot place. It. works." He shook his head again in disbelief at Isa. "I only wish to get my people home."

Moss felt a twinge of understanding for Lysanthir, who come to think of it, almost has the same name as him. And the same plight. Only his situation wasn't his fault. He thought to the side . . . He knew what it was like to be desperate to bring your friends home. To be honest, if Moss was in his place, he wouldn't care about others, he'd do whatever it takes to bring his friends home.

He squeezed Isa's hand. "Isa, maybe we can work something out? Free Titan and help Lysanthir's people go home?"

- Isa Bianchi -

Surprisingly, Isa listened to Lysanthir. Letting him explain himself before the redhead snarled again. Why is he being an idiot? Why isn’t he listening? “The portal doesn’t permanently stay to one place. It depends on how ya fix it and if you’re not careful, ya will go to a different realm--!” He whipped his head towards his beau, listening to his words too. Then sighed heavily, calming down as his hand is squeezed. His shoulders slumped. Work something out, huh? Fine, he’ll play nice with Lysanthir— BUT HE IS NOT GOING TO FLUFF EVERYTHING.

Yellow-indigo eyes gazed back at the Drow. His snarl softened to a frown. “ . . . This is a risk. It’s fine if ya wanna fling yurself, but . . . Don’t do it blindly when others’ lives are on the line. They are precious.” Isn’t that what Charon told him before? Not to waste his life. The irony isn’t lost on Isa; he takes risks all the time and currently re-learning to take his own life seriously. However, he knows about portals, he has fixed them before. He has experienced of going through a portal only to be separated from someone he care-

”. . . Can ya wait until we get an ’Okay’ from the mages to go through the portal?” Isa proposed, walking forward to stand in front of the machine. Reading the text and taking in the damage. “It’s a safety precaution. We’ll still fix it along with the rest of the Dias so we can free Titan’s soul in the meanwhile but can ya wait until it’s safe enough for yur people? I just don’t them to suffer the same thing as I did when I thought I fixed a portal.” He looked at Charon and Moss, grinning wearily.

It’s obvious that Isa is still against the idea, but . . . Since Moss asked . . . he’ll try.

”Mind if ya help too? Four heads are better than one.”

Χάρων

Charon squinted some more at Isa, a weary expression of confusion scrunching his face. Isa's labile nature surprised him yet again. Going from possessed to amiable in a moment, the odd anger and, as a product of Lysanthir's unfamiliarity, the mistrust which he seemed to bequeath to better nature at the same time; Charon let out an unsteady sigh. It managed to be an unwelcome distraction from his brooding. When Isa smiled at them, Charon's expression became mildly sad. At the very least, the stress hanging over him seemed to dissolve in part, destroyed by the shifting of the situation. Shaking his head and reaching up to pinch the bridge of his nose, he groaned softly in turn, "wait, please."

Taking a deep breath, he squatted down and closed his eyes, an impatient tone in his voice, "if I am to be of any executive use, you must 'fill me in' on some basic facts," he complained, "first: why is the... Titan's power leaking?" he asked curiously, removing his fingers from the bridge of his nose to stare at the palm of his hand. He placed the other index finger on the top left corner of the palm and then poked another spot slightly beneath it, "then, how is the well keeping the Titan inside -- wait... TITAN?!" he shouted. Charon fixed Isa with a horrified look hinting at betrayal. This would have been a conspicuous moment for Isa; Charon's hands used to be leathery and scaly, and tipped with claws. They were now soft and delicate, and oddly pale. He placed his hands up to the side of his face and stared blankly at the ground. A moment later, he slid them to cover his face. From behind his hands, the distant lament emanated muffled, "Why did L have to pull me from that wreckage. I could've died moderately at peace, a murderer and war criminal, it might have been sufficient."

Lysanthir continued to look at Isa patiently. He put his hands up in a calming gesture. "Yes, we are being careful. You can even take a look at our progress yourself. Truth be told, I have never met anyone who knows anything about portals nor fixed one apart from . . . those monsters. Your knowledge would be most welcome."

When Charon began to speak, Lysanthir listened, glancing at him and Isa. Meanwhile Moss followed Isa to the dais, putting his lantern on top to give more light. He took out Manuel's research notes and other books from his and Isa's bags.

At Charon's last remark, Moss looked back and smiled at him dryly. "You may wish to not die yet . . . living longer and trying to fix your wrongs . . . good things do happen even if all you could see is what you did." he glanced at Isa, recalling the last ten years and how heavy those first years were, but now feeling much lighter and glad he met someone to share them with and make him want to do better.

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa sighed, relaxed. At least, Lysanthir is willing to be careful. “Okay then . . . Thank you for being patient.” He mumbled the last part before looking back at the broken Dias. Thinking it’s too dark to see. “. . . I had to guess.” He replied to the Drow and then he listened to Charon’s words- He is speaking more clearly!

The redhead didn’t show it on his face but he was surprised. With his interactions so far, he thought Charon had a serious stutter. Perhaps he was jittery before and needed time to calm down? Who knows. Still Isa wasn’t expecting him to start questioning nor exclaim about Titan. He grinned mischievously at the boatman, like a lazy cat who’s amused by his prey’s antics. He was going to say something, but got distracted by the sudden amount of light. He turned his head towards the source and smiled gratefully at Moss. “Thank you, Love. Charon, the well is leaking because the dome was crashed into the ground. How it’s keeping Titan inside, I have no idea, but we have Manuel’s grimore and research books to help guide us.”

He gestured with his head, nodding towards the books Moss held. Isa was answering Charon’s questions as if he wasn’t startled by his exclamation. ”Yes, that’s Titan— Weeeeell a piece of Titan. It’s not his entire soul down there.” The redhead watched the boatman have a quiet meltdown after his answer, blinking owlishly before focusing on their task. He half-listened to the conversation his beau is starting with Charon and—

Isa’s cheeks dusted pink. Indigo eyes peeked at the merman for a quiet moment and their eyes connected for a second. He gave his beau a shy and happy smile before turning back to the machine, reaching out for one of the books they brought with them as guidance. Moss is sweet.

”Anymore questions? Something ya wanna share with the class? A random moment of your life while we do this?” Isa asked, wanting to bring this conversation back to normal—-as normal a conversation can be with them being underground and trying to free Titan and so many unusual things happened today.

Χάρων

In response to Moss' earnest advice, a number of negative responses materialized in Charon's mind while he turned to lock eyes, probing for dishonesty. All of them were along the lines of, "what good does it to those whom I have helped to murder, whether or not I act morally henceforth," and "so I suppose one's heinous acts can be forgiven if they balance them with some amount of charity," but for some reason the man's sharp features and cool expression arrested his criticism. It simply did not make it past his filter. He acquiesced with a disconcerted grumbled and itched his arm nervously, looking away from the merman first. Though his skepticism was maintained, in this moment it seemed difficult to hold on to his grief, self-loathing, regret, disgust and horror. Where Lysanthir engaged with it, a response for which he was thankful, it seemed the duo simply wished to move past it. Charon was not ready to do so, but for this travail, he would not deny them his silence on the matter. Humbly, he moved to the dais and took up a spot adjacent to both of them. Squinting bemusedly at the dais' symbols, he looked up quickly toward Isa and in response to his question, posed another, "yes: what is the nature of the connection between this engine and the well?"

Faintly, he felt a minor prick of irritation because it seemed there was a possibility that Isa was making fun of him. Looking up from his inspection of the dais, Charon did his best to lock eyes with Lysanthir and wave him toward their group. In spite of their spat just moments ago, Charon had no sense of savoir faire anyway when silence or utmost (and decidedly eloquent) respect are the correct answers. Lysanthir can help. The bodies littered around them came into focus suddenly. As fog rolls in during the morning, in spite of the stiff breeze provided by Moss and Isa's unceremonious mien, the distant ache in Charon's chest returned. With an agitated blink, he turned his gaze back toward the object of their research. Though less focused, the symbols began to make sense to him... more or less.

Lysanthir sighed at ease, then nodded at Isa. He listened thoughtfully to the conversation, but the moment Moss took out Manuel's notes his eyes widened in recognition, mouth falling in a silent gasp. He stared at the books, and seemed to recall and realize something at once. He looked at Isa. Looked at his tattoos. And there was something like steel and confusion in his eyes, before it immediately went away, and he closed his mouth, schooling his face to politeness once more. He slowly came close when Charon waved him over, observing keenly what they were doing, and sometimes asking questions, as though he too wanted to know how to work the dais himself. Moss happily told him what he wanted to know.

As Isa and Charon worked on translating, with the demon hunter's previous experiences with the goliaths making this a familiar endeavor, Isa and Charon eventually figured it out: A black orb sat on its bowl-center, smeared in red dry blood the form of a sliding hand print. It can be rolled around, though it could not be pulled out. Its bowl had a rim of rune-embossed rings, made of the same black stone with a texture of bone, yet clanged like metal when struck, just like the dais in Malus and Gaius.

Aligning these ring of runes in a certain order, brought the orb to life, showing --- a familiar sight to Isa --- a galaxy of ancient runes in magic circles, glowing like little stars, of various sizes. Upon touching the larger center rune where all the stars circled, an illusion of gold and white stars burst around them like a cloud, surrounding whoever stood before the dais. Touching these runes opened up more galaxies, each with their own purpose and control over the south bhrumstone engine.

There were controls to turn on and off the south engine, and a manual override to remove control away from the engine blade chamber above and use this dais to control the flight of the dome. It seemed from Manuel's notes all the four bhrumstone engines could override the chamber above, though only one at a time, and was only limited to distribution of power and controlling flight. The controls also included directing power to different sources: to the engine blade, to the goliath portal, to the portal, to the anthroparion chamber, to the flight thrusters, to the manna shields in five different sectors, to the goliath forge, arcadium armory, to five different general sectors of the crashed dome, and to the main water lines and cooling pipes.

It seemed that the way the entire dome was designed, those manning the engines worked together with whoever commanded all in the engine blade chamber above. There were also runes of communication, just like in the goliaths, though opening that rune to the engine blade chamber yielded only darkness and a single ancient pictogram of a dark moon, which probably symbolized a lack of power, since other sectors also showed the same symbol along with other pictograms that seemed to be flickering uncertain reports of damage.

The black orb in the center also served as a scrying mirror of sorts, but it currently showed darkness and the same dark moon.

- Isa Bianchi -

In the corner of his eye, Isa saw the small movement of Lysanthir’s mouth dropping. He returned to translating the ancient text, listening to the drow’s questions and his beau answering them happily. Whatever question Moss couldn’t answer, the redhead would speak up and answer. Not moving his sight away from the text as he started to geek out.

Yes, that’s right: Isa started to geek out about the ancient language as familiar letters created new words. Even teaching the other three men of what each letter represented to what word when together. It was basic at best, however Isa was happy to teach them about this dead language.

“The nature of it’s connection?” Isa repeated before humming. “It’s nature is to redirect Titan’s power and use him like a battery. It’s how they are able to control the Goliaths. It can change forms as well by having interlocking rings move into shapes. I know the Star shape is to control the Goliaths. I’ve seen it last night while we were inside Gaius. There are also other two shapes: A crescent moon shape and a shape called The Gold, which is this circle with a dot inside and eight dots around it.”

He felt dumb about his actions before, having to move the well on his own now that he repeated his findings out loud.

“The issue we have, however, is not just the repair of this chamber but also to turn on the brimstone engines. We need those engines on in order to rearrange the well and this chamber if we want them to work. There’s also the runes that are keeping Titan sealed in the well. We need a powerful source, one as powerful as Titan himself to break that seal.” He sighed at the end. He remembered about how there were eight ley lines, each one connected to eight different parts of Leor, and close to each Ancient that is part of this realm. This, he told to the others as well, believing it’s best to share in case he thought of something that Isa could not.

“ . . . Lysanthir, do ya know where the other Brumstone engines are? We have to check if they are working as well. It‘s gonna take time, but better safe than not.”

Would he be too crazy to suggest asking an Ancient to free Titan from the well? Isa pondered, staring at the broken Dias.

Last edited:

"I do!" yelled Lysanthir who was examining the leaking water pipes. "Though when this was all working as it was, they needed only one bhrumstone engine to power the well chamber!"

Katsuya Katsuya

Χάρων

Charon blinked at the response, a frustrated furrow in his brow while he stared down at the dais. All the ins and outs were clear; Titan's soul -- or, a piece of it, provided all the energy while the energy was sent to various engines. Engines sent the energy back into mechanisms which give further control. None of it indicated to him a way out of this. He thought back to the well; the options played in his mind. Destruction, manipulation, or abrogating the enchantment in a way built in to the machine. Were they to wish to try to destroy it again, well, his only guess was the spider machines, unless he wished to play with dropping a building on top of it. The results would be catastrophic; they would need to evacuate everyone and the danger involved would be tremendous. While he was confident he could rig the machine to operate of its own accord without him being present, he would have to exfiltrate -- and his whole boat is sitting in the dunes. As a result of the weird magic of this fragment of Titan's soul, he could not guess here in this gloomy chamber smelling of death whether or not his ability to make the boat small would even work. Gently, he reached up and itched the middle of his forehead with a smooth, new hand. He started with surprise when he found a soft fingertip itching his somewhat scaly forehead as opposed to the numb, sharp fingers he had before. While his finger ran over his forehead, the smooth skin striated with bumpy scales drew a confused 'hrm' from him.

Quickly bringing himself back on track, he considered the option of manipulating the well. In other words, changing the nature of an enchantment of such power that it could contain the soul of a titan. Were it not for the simple fact that he could not get near the enchantment without being in utter danger, does not know who made the enchantment, cannot even fathom what sort of spell was needed to bind the enchantment, knows for a fact that he cannot tamper with the well directly using his own magic, he would feel better about the idea. He rested a couple of fingers on his forehead and glared at the dais.

Then there was the idea of unlocking the well in a manner prescribed by its creators. That is, of course, assuming there is any such thing. It assumes as well that the well's odd state wouldn't disrupt the power in some way. He closed his eyes and laid his head on the dais gently. All of the solutions felt like long shots but simply destroying the well with a spider machine seemed to be the easiest to guarantee. Gently, he asked Isa, "we may... destroy the well, change the nature of it -- I cannot even imagine how that would work, or figure out how the well is opened," glaring down at the dais in frustration, "frankly, I have not even the faintest idea of how we are meant to solve this... problem."

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa sat up straight to look at the trio. “Let’s use the portal to summon another Ancient to break Titan’s seal.” He said it so casually-! As if an Ancient would be easy to find- What is he thinking?!

The redhead might be inhaling too much fumes or the corrosive cycle from before might have permenantly killed a few of his brain cells-!

Despite knowing how . . . Crazy and not possible of an idea, Isa couldn’t think of anything else. Only something as powerful as Titan can break the seal. They could use the goliaths but . . . he has a feeling it’ll affect not just the well, but everyone close to that laser beam of death.

”Unless ya guys have a better idea? I’m all ears.”

Lysanthir looked at Isa across the chamber like he didn't believe he could do that, while Moss looked at him surprised.

"Would Loki be willing to do that?" asked Moss.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa pondered for a moment. “ . . . He is the Ancient for order and Chaos, among other titles. I think he would be okay with freeing Titan if it means a bit of balance comes back to Leor.”

“I’m guessing though.” The redhead looked over the Dias and searched for the star button that‘s specifically for the well. “Wouldn’t be bad to ask him.”

Once he found the star, he pressed it and hoped the engine is stabilizing the well. “For now, let’s focus on going to another bhrumstone chamber and fixing the portal.“

Χάρων

"The spider machines," Charon began, waving off Isa's suggestion to summon more gods to their little party. Tracing his fingers along the edge of the dais, feeling the odd material composing it, he said faintly, clearly uncomfortable with the idea, "may be sufficient to slowly destroy the well. I have seen them melt components on those huge animal like machines. While I have not any information on the alchemical properties of this well, it is not without merit. Nor is it impossible that the spider machine might simply weaken the well enough to begin releasing power... which will in turn endanger everyone within... a mile of us?" he guessed, figuring proportions in his head with a distant twitch of his eyes, "not to mention open an immense rift into another dimension," he sighed, putting his head back down on the dias and peering glumly into the osseous material. Much like Isa, he spoke his solution aloud and it only made him feel worse about it. Poking a pinhole in this well might serve a less destructive purpose, but he had no clue what the rules are.

Lifting his head, he walked up behind Isa and peered over his shoulder at the volume they held, a curious light twinkling in his eyes in spite of the heavy frown resting on his face. He began trying to probe the text for information in much the same way to glean -- first of all, what it even is. He asked aloud to aid his understanding, "what is this here? Have you some kind of reference material which pertains to our issue?" he asked curiously, lowering his voice on account of being right next to Isa. Now nearer to the man, he realized that he smelled rather plain. Whereas Isa had some kind of weird spicy scent, he smelt of wax and scales. Suddenly self conscious, he leaned away a little but continued to peer.

Last edited:

HUMMM

Ember light like the setting sun blazed behind them, as the bhrumstone engine came to life. A heat wave washed over them and rune lines lit up like racing snakes across the broken walls. Some loose ones sparked and cackled as they dangled from the ruins, and somewhere far above them the muffled grinding of gears, rhythmic thumping of machinery, clanking of metal, and the hiss of steam began.

On the galaxy cloud many dark moon areas lit up gold, including the engine blade chamber and the dais there; Nava barked at every new startling sound.

"Turn on the cooling pipes as well!" shouted Lysanthir, who ran to check something at the side of the hot engine.

Meanwhile, peering at the book in Isa's hand, Charon saw that they were research notes on the bhrumstone engine, with schematics complete with mathematical and arithmetic calculations, and notes scribbled on the side about problems, solutions, some scratched out, others underlined, all a fusion of ancient and modern mechromancy. The book was thick and possibly held much more information than just the bhrumstone engine.

Moss had nodded at Isa before staring in awe at the giant machinery. Leaving his side for a moment, Moss moved closer to gaze at it. It was powerful. They had seen the dome flying last night and he wondered if such a force could be used as a back up of some sorts, or perhaps something that can be added to Gaius to help them pass the Pillars of Hercules.

He went over to Lysanthir with a lot of questions in mind. The drow was examining some pipes poking out of the ground that had needle meters that reminded him of the one on Smoky, and Moss began to engage him in conversation, pointing at the machine. And just as Moss was happy to tell him what he knew, Lysanthir looked like he was just as open, as open as he could be with that schooled polite expression of his. If it weren't for their difference in skin color and Moss' horn, the two silver haired men could easily pass as brothers.

- Isa Bianchi -

Upon hearing Lysanthir’s shout, Isa looked back at the Grimore to find the cooling engines before pressing the star on the Dias. “It’s on!” He shouted back, trusting the Drow to check on something. He sighed through his nose as he listened to the engine’s roar, uncomfortable with knowing that he has to fix this thing in order to free Titan. It has to be done, he thought, it has to be done-

He hummed, listening to Charon’s words. He grinned, slightly pinched. “That does sound like a good idea, to use the spider mechanisms for the engines. I’m just worried about the time crunch. Ya know? The rain outside.” Isa mentioned lightly.

As he read the grimore and Charon chimed up, the redhead slightly jumped from the feeling of heat nearby from behind him, and moved away just as the boatman did. He tilted the book and stretched out his arms to ensure that Charon can read it as well while he tries to find what he needs to know. “This is Lorenzo’s grimore, he wrote down their plans and rebuilds of the dome. So this should help us have a better idea of what the engines need and etc.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back