• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Lothar was... skeptical of many things, but it was clear to him that ever since he entered the tavern that there was no going back as he followed "L". He continued to simply observe and remain silent as he surrendered his weapon to the guards, and opted to enter the hidden speakeasy. It was everything that he had expected so far, the "patrons" and what seemed to be the ringleader. Lothar continued to watch as "L" pulled out what she claimed to be the key to the Vault. Lothar had so many questions, and wasn't sure how to even start.

Chief among them were: "What did the Gentleman want? Why is he searching for the Vault too? What about "L", what was her relationship with the Gentleman? What was up with the internal politics within this rouge's den called a free settlement with the Gentleman and the Godfather? How did they know that this was the key to the Vault? Did they know where the Vault is? What was the price for all this information and help that they seemed to be offering?"

All of these were rather important questions, but Lothar held his tongue as he had learned to do since long ago. It was his way of continuing to hold his cards closely. The less that he spoke and gave away information, the better it was for him. Still, he disliked the fact that "L" seemed to know a lot more of the situation and of everyone's past. Yet, she seemed to share little information as well. It seemed a bit rude and untrustworthy to be so secretive. But, this discussion had to start somehow and Lothar had to find a way to make this disparity a bit more even.

Lothar finally spoke up with one simple question to get the conversation started "How do you know for certain that this is the key?"

Sassafras Jenkins
- Sanctuary -
Gentleman's Tavern​

"Huh?" Sassy looked briefly in the direction from whence she had heard her name being called and not immediately realizing the source of the shout, she returned her attention to the now dead weight of the lady guard as the woman was knocked out before she moved to assist Vincent as he pushed the guard off of her and into the group of angry Dwarves, her arms going up in the air as a sign of victory, her own, "aha!" being released in unison with the blonde guard's only to be quickly followed by a, "hey!" as she touched her hip where the pouch the guard was now holding once was as she pointed at him with the other hand and it was Vincent to the rescue again, "thanks bro!" Sassy exclaimed exuberantly as she let out a rhythmic laugh that sounded suspiciously like a mischievous child's giggle and snatched her pouch from the unconscious guard.

"Great... now I have to buy a new one!" She grumbled as she gave the guard a kick to the side, "jerk! Don't know how to use a buckle?!" she shook her head before snatching up the guard's own pouch of metal and speaking slightly under her breath, "I'm sure he's well paid enough, taking tolls from people just literally wanting sanctuary," she then followed her mumbling with, "I hope you don't mind Vince!"

With a smirk, Sassy fished out some of the metals in the pouch, passing them to the Dwarves, "sorry for the trouble! Have a chocobo leg each... on the Carvers!" She then tossed the rest of the pouch to Ori, "and drinks for everyone!"

She turned towards the goblin that was ready to throw her out as she reached into her pouch and pulled out a wooden pipe with a cherry wood bowl, followed by a silver ring between it and the black stem. She didn't say anything as she packed some sort of dried plant into the bowl, except for when the Gnome spoke up, "no no... he's right, you shouldn't pay the toll for a troublemaker," she gave a little wink and pulled a face at the goblin as L led them away.

It was hard to tell she had even been a part of that bar brawl as her appearance had already been messy before and she didn't make any effort to right her hair as she approached the group with L in the lead. As L gave her brief and vague introduction of herself and Vincent, she grinned brightly and slightly waved her hand that was holding her pipe. She followed along behind the others quietly, though her path diverted from everyone else's momentarily when she went to the door that led to the stable first and once again bit her lower lip, whistling again but this time it was higher in pitch and hit multiple notes as she called for Nibblet who quickly came dashing from the darkness and into the pouch that Sassy held open. Once the cat was in the bag, Sassy followed along with the others.

As they arrived at the extravagant door that Nicolas was guarding, Sassy let out a low whistle of amazement as she eyed the gold decoration for a moment as she bit on her pipe briefly before looking to L then Nicolas respectively as L gave her explanation of what they had to do next. With a shrug of her leather covered shoulders, Sassy held her pipe between her teeth as her other arm curled around the pouch with Nibblet inside of it, she then drew the tactical knife from its sheath at her back and set it casually on part of the weapon rack. Once that was done, her fingers loosely held the pipe as she waited for the others, yawning a moment and letting out a raspberry once Therias declared she wasn't going to enter. Honestly, all this work and all this waiting and she wasn't going in? To her that was the same as changing one's mind about entering the vault itself when the time came.

"What the what?" Sassy exclaimed as they stepped past the ornate door's threshold and the odd sensation brushed over them, she paused to look back at the doorway suspiciously, her gaze narrowing slightly, though after checking her pipe and making sure that Nibblet was okay, she shrugged it off and moved on. More so than the individuals in the room, Sassy seemed to be more interested in all of the finery as she packed another layer into her pipe, bringing the dried plants to the rim of the bowl. As The Gentleman greeted them, Sassy struck a match against the bottom of her boot, using it to light her pipe which she puffed on steadily for a moment to get the fragrant vegetation inside the chamber properly heated before she shook her hand to put the match out, "thanks for the hospitality Gentleman! It's a great joint you run here," she stated sincerely as she blew a ring of smoke.

As they all sat, Sassy set Nib's pouch in her lap and opened the flap, allowing the little kitty to view the room as she scratched the back of her neck tenderly, absently nibbling her pipe for a moment as she looked at the key L had set down. She tamped down the burning herbs with a little metal device before sprinkling more herbs in and striking another match to light those as she pondered about the assumed key's curious design, though she didn't speak right away and turned her glance to the somewhat stoic seeming guy as he asked a question. It was a good question and her gaze turned back to L expectantly.

Zer0 Zer0 AI10100 AI10100 Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
“Follow the little gnome”

The redhead opted to stand instead of taking a seat, lolling his head back as to watch L deal with the goblins. Out of habit, he dug his hand in one of the loose pockets of his dark pants, and taking out a red lollipop. Plopping it in his mouth as he took in the sight of the two other new people as well. His casual grin grew wider as he realized the two new members were probably the main reason why the brawl even started.

His guess was proven right as soon he overheard Sassy saying about not letting others pay for her toll. Spunky lady. Then he looked at the bard before raising a brow. Ohhhh, something clicked his brain, recognizing the old fashion of said bard. Yea, he remembered seeing Vincent once before, when he was passing through one of the many small unnamed villages. It was a long while ago though, like months if he counted the new moons. Isa decided to not rekindle the man’s memory and simply waved at the new duo with the same cheery and playful grin.

Then he followed behind the group, passing through the back door casually.

Isa would have whistled at the sight of the runes with the walls thrumming with magic from the ragnite —- he is guessing it’s ragnite from just the color of the runes. As L explained about why they should leave their weapons behind, the redhead hummed, looking at the decorative door.

”That’s fancy.” He muttered, thinking that mafia-like bosses would like something as gaudy as a golden dragon on the giant doors. Then he looked over to Therias with a raised brow before shrugging. Isa doesn’t care since she has nothing to do with his personal goal, other then having a similar goal to know more about this forbidden magic. As the others went inside, him being the last one to be checked, the redhead politely grinned at the werecat. Taking his weapon out from behind his long dark purple coat: a loosely bandaged sword. He hooked the odd sword on the pegs that held other swords and lances.

Then he let the other two guards to pat him down as he innocently grinned. That’s when they found his small stash of lollipops and a round old pocket watch in his pockets.

“If ya want one, ya can have one if ya like.” He told the guards, not minding if they took one or two lollipops.

“See ya later, Therias —— oh! That’s cold!” He said, shivering from the odd watery sensation. As the doors closed behind him, Isa walked to where everyone was and waved back to the Joker-like figure before them. He made himself comfortable on the cushions when the Gentleman invited them to, leaning back, and putting his hands behind his head as he watched L searched in her hair. Though he sat up straight, interest swimming in his blue eyes as he stared at the golden ball L held. So that’s the key, huh?

Believing that since L is letting them touch it, without hesitation, Isa reaches out and grabbed the ball. Feeling it’s light weight as he took a good look at the round key, wondering if he‘d recognize anything from the design that’s on the orb itself. He tilted his head, listening in to the conversation as he lightly pressed on the orb as if searching for anything strange like an indent or a button. His mind already wanting to tinker it, whirling with his uncle’s theories about Mechromancy.

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle TrashRabbit TrashRabbit AI10100 AI10100 Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Tardy Grade Tardy Grade

Last edited:
Vincent Dublois
- Sanctuary -
Vincent had momentarily heard his name being called from somewhere beyond the crowd of angry dwarves but, with Sassy's assist, they had managed to throw the lady guard off of her. He grinned for a moment and was about to go searching for whoever called out to him when the other guard had seemingly taken Sassy's pouch. He surged forward and punched him square in the jaw - putting enough force behind it to knock the guard out. He let out a small ow as he shook his hand in an attempt to stop the throbbing from the punch. This is why he usually used his weaponry but he wasn't sure if killing a guard - a Carver as they called it - would end up well for any of them.

He would have reveled in the victory more if not for the fact that a goblin was breaking up the fight - or at least, the crowd for it. He quickly held his hands behind his back as if trying to feign innocence when it was quite obvious what he had done. A gnome had approached the goblin and they began talking but Vincent was half-distracted by the dwarves that were congratulating them for the fight. He gave them a bright grin, getting compliments about fighting from dwarves was usually high praise. Even if it was just some brawl with some guards at some tavern.

When the gnome had introduced herself as L and Sassy had dispersed the metal the guards held, Vincent bade farewell before following the group - putting his hands in his pockets as they continued to walk. He was looking around, only slightly interested. He had waved back at the man who had a cheery grin who welcomed them into the group. So this was the rest of the people who were being contacted by L, their mysterious pen-pal which turned out to be this gnome lady. Vincent wasn't quite sure what he was expecting so he was surprised. But, nonetheless, he was happy that they had managed to meet up so soon. And that they didn't seem to be all too bothered with the brawl.

They reached the dragon door and a werecat was there named Nicolas. Vincent looked at him for a moment and then his eyes brightened up. "You played great earlier on stage!" Vincent complimented once they were done giving instructions. Vincent couldn't care less about the weaponry as he had no visible ones on him, even if he was patted down. Yes, Vincent is aware that an arigami is a weapon. Yes, he is aware that every weapon must be surrendered. But it was practically useless anyway as he can just summon the arigami to him no matter what the area. But, what they don't know won't hurt them. It wasn't like Vincent was here to make some trouble. He had allowed himself to be pat down with no hesitations but turned back to the hooded lady who refused to go in unarmed.

"It'll certainly be a waste but it's your choice." The bard had said with a small shrug. Who would go all the way to this place just for them to not actually meet and see the start of their objective. What a shame but, again, it is their choice and Vincent would respect that. Even if it is quite a weird way of thinking. With that, they entered the room and there was a variety of characters inside - all seemingly different from one another but somehow getting along. Relatively. He ran a hand through his hair as he surveyed the area - just as L was introducing them to the Gentleman, the jester performer from earlier. "Oh, Mr. Gentleman, I must say that your performance earlier was amazing." He then turned to the bearded lady. "And you too!"

He collapsed onto one of the cushions that was provided to them. He watched with interest as L came with the Vault Key and as how Isa had touched it for them. But, as usual, Vincent had wanted to experience for it himself so he reached out to touch the vault key as well. "So, we have a key? Now all we need is a solid plan of action."

- Master Den -
" Gentleman's Tavern "

The patrons had cheered when Sassy tossed the loot, while Ori dodged out of the way, the pouch spilling its clattering contents behind the barman's table. "No, no, that's from the Carvers!" yelled Grug trying to recover the assorted bits and baubles, but too late, the patrons had scrambled for the precious metals and even dove over the bar table for the loot, and for the first time were able to dine as much as they wanted.

Nicolas' dangerous smile became that of pleasure when Vincent complimented him. "Thanks, you seem to be the type who likes theater too." he looked up and down Vincent's ensemble, his tail swish-swishing. "If ever you have a hard time looking for some new threads in the market, I recommend Romeo's stall. He likes making designs like your leather armor." he pointed at Vincent's chest.

Therias gave Sassy a look like she was immature, then stuck her tongue out right back at her. She shrugged when Vincent said it would be a waste. "I'll learn all about it soon enough."

Nicolas and the bandaged drow were delighted at the lollipops Isa offered. They got one each and thanked him, while the bald man looked dubiously at the candies as though they might be poisoned. "Your loss, Eric." chuckled the drow, waving her lollipop in front of his face. "Candies are so hard to come by these days."

Therias waved at Isa absentmindedly as he went in, dropping to sit cross-legged on the floor.

The Gentleman paused at Vincent and Sassy's praise for a moment, before laughing deeply then looking at them knowingly. "I appreciate the praise, good sir, you made quite the performance yourself, and I must commend you on your hospitality towards my patrons as well, madam. You both have fine manners." he said with unamused sarcasm.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Katsuya Katsuya AI10100 AI10100

* * * *​

After listening to Lothar's question, L straightened up in her cushion. "From the letters and journals of vault hunters before us." she said to him, holding up a finger a-matter-of-factly. "Specifically, the notes of the alchemist: Zosimos of Panopolis from about four hundred years ago. You may have heard mention of him during the Salem Witch Trials?"

To those who kept up with the goings on of the Templar faction, it was these infamous trials from forty years ago that started the wave of witch hunt hysteria in the land of Leor and the condemnation of dangerous artifacts from the Age of Arcana. During that trial, four shield maidens from the Templar fortress of Salem were accused of trying to destroy the titans.

These maidens were studying and attempting to rebuild a giant engine blade in the ruins of Barad Eithel, one of the fallen flying cities. They had many ancient tomes for their research that were burned and destroyed after the trials, chiefest of which that had spurred public quarrels was the mechromancy tome, Cheirokmeta , written by Zosimos.

"We know him as the alchemist who was obsessed with recreating the Philosopher's stone to achieve immortality, but what the Templars have blotted out from our history, was that he was looking for a way to live long so that he can pursue his studies indefinitely. His studies in making that." she nodded at the gold orb Isa had just grabbed.

"That orb, his books, some of his papers, and journals of others who expounded on Zosimos' teachings were kept instead of destroyed after the trials. A couple of friends of mine have been translating his books and letters for years, and what they've learned is that Zosimos had visions and dreams of a door he called the Vault of Memories. In his journals about Theosebeia, his student and lover, he told her that when this door opened he found himself looking through someone else's eyes, seeing a world he did not know, of magic and machines, and a clockwork heart that spoke to him, told him how to make that key to open the door."

"This door, he didn't mention knowing where it is from his notes between the dates of July 234 and March 242, but that's only up to that time. There are still more notes that haven't been translated. Notes that I don't have, which may still be in Vanar, capital of the Templars, which may be the next destination for our search for the Vault. This is a maybe because I think that after me and my friends stole the Vault Key six years ago, the Templars pretended to destroy my friends' research. I'm not sure. . . It's just that I heard that nine months ago a pair of thieves broke into the Cerberus Tower in Vanar, where all the really dangerous confiscated Arcana relics are stored, murdered a dozen people including keepers of the relics and stole something that's caused the Templars to mobilize their best agents in the search of those thieves. I can't think of anything else more important than my friends' research that would make the Templars go that far. I mean, last time they mobilized their best, that had nothing to do with conquering lands, was when we stole the key, but this is just a guess. Maybe the best next thing to do is to look for the thieves, but a part of me still wants to check the Cerberus Tower if their notes and Zosimus' books are still there. I don't know . . ." L sighed, plopping on a cushion. She looked like she's been wrestling with these two choices for some time.

"This why I need your help." she looked at Lothar, Isa, Bradley, Sassy, Vincent, Vidya, and even Nibs. "You're all good at what you do and I've hit a dead end by myself, and as of now I . . . don't have a solid plan of action yet." she added to Vincent, embarrassed. "I was actually hoping to defer to your expertise." she looked at everyone.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Katsuya Katsuya AI10100 AI10100 Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Tardy Grade Tardy Grade TrashRabbit TrashRabbit

* * * *​

Upon close inspection, Isa would see that the golden orb was a compact clockwork puzzle, made of tiny gears and rotating interchangeable parts. Its tiny hundreds of pieces fit so perfectly with each other, the surface looks seamless to the untrained eye. Indented lines and symbols ran along the surface of the ball, and with a press of a contourless button, some parts came loose and became rotatable, allowing Isa to change the configuration of the symbols and grooves engraved on the orb until . . .

click

The symbol of a circle within a triangle was formed and the grooves of the orb glowed ember. It was at this moment too, that Vincent touched the orb.

It was as if a pillow had been pressed against Vincent and Isa's ears. L, who looked startled at the change in the orb, was speaking, but you both can't hear her.

You seem to leave your bodies behind as your spirits rise above the chandelier, through the floor, through the fortress of Sanctuary, up, up, through the back of the dead Ancient and into the raging blizzard that had been howling since dawn.

All was darkness.

All you could see was each other. And the silence was deafening.

Babump . . .

Babump . . .

Who's heart beat is that? Was it Isa's? Was it Vincent's? It was everywhere. And . . . It seemed to be calling. And it wanted to know, who are these two souls?

Katsuya Katsuya AI10100 AI10100

* * * *​

Meanwhile, everyone else would see that Isa and Vincent had just suddenly spaced out, their hands glued on the orb that was glowing like it had a fire inside, just looking at it so intently.

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
“Are we high?”

As he listened to L’s explanation, Isa traced the orb’s designs, recognizing them from one of Uncle’s books. A red thin brow raised at the sight of the tiny gears within.

And since L mentioned the infamous alchemist, the redhead nodded as if to confirm her knowledge. Yea, there’s no doubt this thing belongs to Zosimos. The designs on the orbs were exactly the same symbols in his uncle’s book. He should get his notes from his bag later to look into the symbols more, he could translate or something.

He leaned forward, slightly hunching over the orb that’s between his hands. Excitement burning in his indigo eyes as he felt a tiny spot going down; he started to play with it. Twisting and turning it around certain parts fluidly like a Rubik’s cube until he heard the quiet yet satisfying ‘click’.

Ohhhhh~ the orb can glooooow-!

Snapping his head up with a happy grin and holding it to the left with one gloved hand, happy that he managed to solve something weird within the key, Isa opened his mouth wide to say something . . .

Only to suddenly not be able to hear anything, L’s voice is muffled. Isa tried to say something —- tell her to speak up— but he . . . couldn’t?!

Next thing he knew, he was sucked up. Literally. He went up and up and up. Until everything is white and he could only see Vincent. Isa stared at him with wide eyes, surprised at the development, and flinched at the soft yet loud (how can something soft be loud?!) heartbeat.

Was it his own heartbeat or was it Vincent’s?

Confused, Isa placed a hand over his chest and looked around the white space. His usual playful grin is replaced by a soft frown.

”. . . Did someone spike our drinks?“ Isa mumbled quietly, flinching at how loud his mumble is. Then he processed to pinch Vincent’s arm, wanting to see if he was real.

Whatever it was ——there’s something here?! —- wanted to know who the pair of men were. So Isa cleared his throat, trying to not freak out. “Hi. I’m Isa and this is . . . Uh Vincent. What‘s your name?”

——————

Everyone else can see Isa’s mouth is open as he stared intently at the orb. His round and red lollipop eventually fell out and landed on the carpeted floor. His saliva dripping off the sweet and starting to drip out of his mouth.

But that didn’t snap Isa out of it. He just stared like Vincent is currently doing.

Zer0 Zer0 TrashRabbit TrashRabbit Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle AI10100 AI10100 Tardy Grade Tardy Grade Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

Last edited:
Vidya Kay
The Gentlman's VIP room​

Vidya smirked a bit as Sassy and Vincent joined their small troupe. More trouble. But at least they were as good at getting out as in. That was good. Because she was much better at getting in than out. She kept her hand in her pocket as they descended, the sound of the crowd delighting in the shared spoils of the fight faded behind them. She was familiar with the ways of rich dealers and eccentric collectors and their finicky loyalties and double crossing reputations. So when they came to part where they gave up their weapons she gave Therias a sympathetic look.

"I've been burned pretty hard before too," She said, "I'll let you know what I hear."

The offer was sincere but it was absolutely a token of friendship, because a one armed archeologist with a knife wasn't going to get far on her own. She surrendered her war knife, the long single sided blade being nearly as long as most short swords and giving a chuckle at the guards enthusiasm for candies she approached the barrier. She set her mind and her gift to sense the complicated spell, wanting to know more.

The door protections reminded her of the ones the templars keep, made of divination and abjuration magics far outside her own skills. the kind that raised a fuss about and dispelled concealment magics. And beyond that she feels the lines of ragnite spanning the tavern like a spider web, connecting in a unceasing ebb of power above and more ragnite borrowing bellow. Quite the set up. Beyond that even is the evocation spells on Nicolas' axuitar and the Bald man's blunderbuss.

Nothing she wouldn't expect. She had already committed when she left Magni behind in the crashed city of Barad Eithel- she did not have the luxary of no. So she stepped to the watery sensation of the door and looks over her shoulder at Therias.

Therias would keep.

Inside was the decadence of a world she was familiar with- the mercs, the performers and courtesans- the world of arcana collectors all aranged as she might find in any city with people of means. The Gentleman however was not familiar, and that at least was a relief. if he had been of the Queen of Hearts goons she wasn't sure she'd be able to control herself.

She watched the needles of transmutation magic- message spells perhaps fly to and from their hosts heads, as the hum of the mercs gear rattled like a chorus with predictable but intimidating enchantment types. She kept her senses light as spider silk, gliding her perception across people and things, her invisible metaphorical paws patting down every inch of the VIP Room. It could all be very enthralling, easy to loose herself in- migraine inducing even. There was a conjuration spell in L's hair as she apearified the key, the gnomes clothes, the key itself. It took no small feat of will to keep her large ears visibly perked as L and the gentleman spoke. Their story unfolding while she faked that her attention was not split.

She was however, listening. She was leaning for going after the thieves- because she was jealous and impressed by such a heist and that what ever they took must be worth it. And that anything still left in the Cerberus tower would be left overs. She kept this opinion to herself, this information was more than valuable in her field and circles and even if the vault was a bust, this had been worth coming if it was true. As Isa played with the key she had leaned in as if to listen better to the device; The key itself had a small tracer spell on it- or something, she was no expert, merely having an approximate knowledge of many maigcal things and for all she could tell it was as inert as a rock. Vincent reached out to bother the key- even as Isa fiddled with it. Isa had a talent for the thing, that was quickly clear as it sudenly responded, moving and glowing with interest.

"Oh hey, wow- I'd compliment you but -" her sarcastic quip is cut short by the lollipop hitting the floor as both men go vacant. "Uhh,,, Boys?" She asked and then snapped her fingers at them. They failed to respond. The magic inside of the key had twisted open like a shook soda can, spiraling outward and insidiously with all the strength of something unfurling out of the badlands. The pang of adrenaline that hit her was hot and a yelp escaped her. She reached out- her magic sense dying as her eyes glowed that fierce blue tell behind her pink sunglasses, making them go luminous magenta as she urgently cast a minor dispel spell on them both. She reached out without thinking, half grabbing half smacking motion for their hands on the key.

Last edited:
With nothing in his wheelhouse to use to help his newly acquainted companions Bradley stuck to observing the clearly magical orb. Never one to have properly studied these kinds of things he had a distinct aversion that plagued most of the uninitiated. Danger and allure. A recipe for getting embroiled in matters for the chance of more.

Much like what I’ve managed to get myself into”, he thought to himself bemusedly.

”Birds die for food, men die for money.” He half-cursed under his breath before heading slowly toward Isa.

Once beside him he tried snapping the lad out of the daze he still seemed to be in.

”You still with us, buddy?” Waving a hand slowly in front of his face. Going so far as to try and block the direct line of contact he had with the orb. A part of him was worried about the effect being like this would have on the two. Would leaving them in this state be better or should he ...

He looked at Isa. Looked at Isa. Looked at his hand. Then back at Isa. Then back at his hand. Then towards the rest of the group.

”I’m gonna slap him. Does anyone else think there’s a reason I shouldn’t?”

- ?? -

The heart beats around them thumped excitedly . 'I am Uroburos.' there was no voice, but the two men knew exactly what this something was saying. 'Where are we?'

* * * *​

Meanwhile, L shook her head at Bradley's suggestion, a worried look on her face. The Gentleman had yanked her protectively behind him the moment the Vault Key glowed, as the barbarian lady stepped in between it and them. L was now peering from underneath The Gentleman's arm.

"Be careful, Sonja." said The Gentleman. The barbarian lady grunted, as the lady who was chilling on the chandelier dropped down and approached them cautiously, hand up and glowing blue as she muttered a spell. "What's going on, L?" he added to the little gnome.

"I-I don't know, it's never done that before. What did Isa do?"

The chandelier lady paused when she noticed Vidya's eyes glow. "She's dispelling it. Switching to put up barriers." she told The Gentleman, who nodded.

"Everyone, get to the lower levels, we don't know what this thing is doing." said The Gentleman. "Eric, Faelyn, Dani, Draven, Lucien, stay here. Lettie, you're in charge for now." he added to the bearded lady. As one, everybody except the chandelier lady, the drow, the bald man, the barbarian lady, and the vampire twins vacated the bar, quickly heading into the three doors at the back that seem to lead to more tunnels deeper underground.

"You're not going?" Sonja the barbarian asked The Gentleman.

"And miss this? This looks like fun." he grinned at her; she shook her head looking annoyed, but stood her ground.

* * * *​

Isa and Vincent are going to feel something pulling on them, slowly dragging them down back to land. Whatever was bounding them to this waking dream was fading, the sound of heart beats growing fainter.

Katsuya Katsuya Tardy Grade Tardy Grade AI10100 AI10100 TrashRabbit TrashRabbit Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
“???”

Isa held his breathe, eyes slightly widened as the heart‘s beating became excited. His lips quirked into a small grin, amused despite the confusion. Uroburos’ reaction reminded him of a kid’s whenever they meet someone new, upbeat and happy. Filled with innocent curiosity even.

At the voiceless question, the biker of the duo hummed for a moment. A gloved hand under his chin and rubbed as he pondered before answering.

“My guess is that we are currently in an astral space within the vault key and it’s connected to you, Uroburos. I could be wrong though. Wouldn’t be the first time.“

Then a thought crossed his mind.

“If you don’t mind me asking, what are you and why are you here?” Isa then pointed at Vincent and himself with a thumb. It would be fair if they trade similar information to the voiceless heart beat ( the redhead couldn’t believe he is actually talking to a heart beat within an ancient key in the first place).

“We’re a pair of guys from Leor and we just got sucked in here after I solved the vault key.”

That’s when he started to feel a slow pull and Isa frowned, not exactly ready to leave since this experience is rather intriguing. Seems like he has no choice in that matter. Huffing silently, the biker spoke up again. His frown replaced by a hesitant smile. “Will it be okay to visit you again? I’d like to get to know you more.”

Zer0 Zer0 AI10100 AI10100

Last edited:
- ?? -

The heart beats emanated vague amusement. 'You are interesting . . . Not a friend of Elizabeth, Good, Osborne, and Tituba, I imagine. . . We aren't in the Vault Key, we are in between the waking world and the one of dreams. But indeed, you are connected to me, and I to you, though you seem to be slipping away, Isa. And not of your own choice. I assume the both of you are not alone . . . curious.'

The excited heart beats thumped a little irregularly, as though it was twinged a bit with fear. 'I was called an anthroparion a long, long time ago, then agathodaemon. Recently, I've been called a homunculus. I am alive like you, though I would very much wish to have a body. I am also a prisoner. Where I am, well, I don't know. I cannot see . . . It sounds as though you came by me without knowing what the Vault Key was. Tell me, what year is this? Where in Leor are we?'

Isa's body was falling now, he can feel the cushions he had been sitting on, smell the scent of smoke and booze from the tavern, hear the voices of other people . . .

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
“Back to Leor, we go.”

Isa raised a brow at the list of names and how it reacted while answering his question. He doesn’t know how to react to any of that information nor understand what some of the words mean. Anthroparion? Agathodaemon? He recognized homunculus though. A created being declaring that it was imprisoned somewhere, talking to them in an in between space of dreams and reality. Yep, his mind is blown into tiny fragments.

”It’s the year 600, 13th of December and we’re close to the ruins of Fell Thalas. In a place called Sanctuary.” The red headed biker replied as calmly as he could, feeling that pull and hearing less of Uroburos’ heart beat.

“See ya later.” Were his last words to the voiceless heart beat as Isa can feel the soft cushions, smell the potent smoke and tangy booze. His ears went from muffled to clarity in a matter of seconds, overwhelming him with the voices around him.

His dazed eyes became focused and-

” . . . “ The red head stared back at Bradley’s red mask, blinking for a quiet moment. Then he grinned mischievously, looking more like an imp. “Myyyy~ aren’t you so bold, but I’m sorry to disappoint you. You’re not my type.”

He didn’t notice the vault key had stopped glowing, but he did notice Vidya’s glowing eyes. Realizing it was her who brought them back. His impish grin softened.

”Thanks.” He said gratefully.

Zer0 Zer0 AI10100 AI10100 TrashRabbit TrashRabbit Tardy Grade Tardy Grade Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

Last edited:
Vincent Dublois
- Somewhere and back to Sanctuary -
Vincent wasn't exactly sure what had transpired in the short moments of when he touched the orb and when they were pulled into some sort of... space. He would have liked to get out of the stunned stupor and ask questions of his own but he was still very much in shock. At least Isa was more coherent than he was as he conversed with the pulsing heart. What did catch Vincent's attention were the names the heart had listed out - names that he was awfully familiar with. It wasn't hard to correlate those last names with four famous people he has heard of: Elizabeth Hubbard, Sarah Good, Sarah Osborne, and Tituba.

How this... homonculus know the four Shield Maidens remained unanswered as he felt himself getting pulled out of the space. There were so many questions that were now running by Vincent's head but there was excitement clear in his eyes. He had always followed the story of the Shield Maidens - erased by the Templars yet fighting to make their presence known! It was romantic! It was amazing! But also, Vincent knew that someone had to carry on their names. The Templars would lynch anyone who dare spread their exploits - even if their exploits would have led to the betterment of their society. To stop leaving in constant fear.

"We really need to talk next time around." Vincent sighed as he gave a small nod as they began to make their fast descent back to reality.

Vincent blinked and he looked at the Vault Key and gently took his hand off. He laughed when Isa teased Bradley and he stepped away, gaze finally leaving the Vault Key and then to the others. He clapped his hands together. "Well, that was an experience!" He proclaimed with his usual smile and a lilt of excitement in his voice. "Unfortunately cut shot, however, informative all the same~" He continued as he stopped beside Sassy, planting himself to the nearest familiar person. He would have to talk with Isa about perhaps letting him back in. Vincent wondered if it would be a good idea to bring them up now - the four names that the Key had decided to let loose. He wondered if Isa knew as well.

Vidya Kay
The Gentleman's VIP Room
She didn't realize her heart was so far up inside of her throat until she felt the magical-tie break and the necromatic energy inside the vault key dissipate. She breathed out slow and light in here eyes dulled. "You're welcome," she said and sat back. She smirked at his quick barb at Bradley getting a little to close and focused on taking more deep breaths,

"You should warn folks before you pop open a relic. I haven't seen anything like that since the last time I was in the badlands. You shouldn't play with big ancient Necromancy spells like that. Gave me a fright- you're alright though?"

She looked between the two men and decided they did look fine. She passed a look around the room, seeing that most of the mercs had cleared out. They had given the VIP room a bit of a fright it seemed. She was alright with there being 90% less armed people in the room that was for sure.

"There's a tracer spell on this thing-" She said deciding to press The Gentlman and L "Is it either of yours?"

Last edited:
- Master Den -
" Gentleman's Tavern "

'Fell Thalas . . . Thank you.' The heart beat thumped excitedly once again. 'I agree, Vincent, I am curious to know who your other friends are and why you have the key. Farewell . . .'

* * * *​

Meanwhile, L was uncertainly poking the Vault key with a hotdog pillow from behind Sonja the barbarian. It's glow had died the moment Vidya cast her spell. She nodded at her. "Yep, it's mine! It's my anti-thief measure."

She scuttled from under Sonja's legs and then squeaked in surprise. There was a soft clicking and smooth sliding of metal as the Vault Key's parts rotated and shifted by themselves, coming to rest at its previous configuration before Isa started to play with it; the chandelier lady's glowing hand ceased as there was a poof of cloud and six silver white fox spirits came trotting out and circled around the space between everyone and the orb, making little animal sounds as they rubbed on people's legs. Wherever they stepped their little feet left glowing runes of protection that faded away.

"Well, what are your plans now then?" said the Gentleman, clapping his hands. "I am quite eager to have this possibly dangerous thing out of my home."

TrashRabbit TrashRabbit Katsuya Katsuya Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon AI10100 AI10100 Tardy Grade Tardy Grade

Sassafras Jenkins
- Sanctuary -
Gentleman's Tavern​

All Sassy did was offer a big grin to The Gentleman when he made the statement about hers and Vincent's manners, whether he meant it or not, she took it as a compliment.

As L went on to explain how she knew that the orb in question was the key, Sassy paused in the thoughtful puffing on her pipe, the skin between her thin black brows wrinkling slightly at the mention of the witch trials. Though she didn't speak a word, rubbing Nibblet's chin as she exhaled a cloud of smoke. Her pipe moved from her mouth a moment as Isa grabbed the key and her lips parted as though she were going to speak, but she didn't say anything. Placing the pipe back in her lips and puffing again while semi watching Isa warily while glancing back to L and listening to her speak.

Sassy hunted relics basically for a living. It was basically the whole point of the organization she was a part of and one of the top rules was don't mess with magic stuff until you know it's thoroughly checked. She thought that it might be alright since the key had been in L's hands, but she had opted not to touch it just in case. She didn't think she needed to say anything to anyone else and as Vincent also touched the orb and it clicked, her attention was back on them, though any shock wasn't on her face. Instead her brows raised slightly and she released an abrupt chuckle of amusement as the two went into a seeming stupor. She was glad she hadn't opted to mess with the sphere.

Sassy's amused giggle only continued, coming out as a little hum as she held her pipe between her lips, moving her bag with Nibblet aside as she crawled over to Vincent and Isa. The thought of how to proceed concerning what L knew wasn't even on her mind at the moment, more so was the fact that the redhead was drooling. A moment after Vidya snapped her fingers to try and call the attention of the two men, Sassy waved her hand in front of Isa's face before moving her hand back to her pipe as she sat on her calves in front of him, her gaze switching over to Vincent as she blew out a smoke ring that floated towards isa's face, dissipating as soon as it hit him, "oh yeah, they gone."

As Bradly approached, Sassy shifted her legs so that her knees were bent in front of her and her feet flat on the floor. She seemed more interested in what everyone else was going to do to get them out of this than in actually helping them do it. As she watched Bradly, her grin grew again and her brows rose as she shrugged her shoulders. Of course she thought there might be a reason he shouldn't slap them, but it would be amusing to see in any case. Her gaze switched over to The Gentleman as he opted stay, at least he wasn't afraid to be in on the action.

It seemed that Vidya had been casting a spell according to the chandelier lady, and it would seem that the dispel had worked as soon Isa was back with them and delivering a zinger to Bradley which caused Sassy to guffaw. Since it would seem everything was handled and safe for the moment, Sassy rose to her knees and tottered back over to the pillow she had left Nibblet at who was now grooming herself and disinterested in everything else in the room.

Sassy grinned at Vincent with her pipe between her teeth though the embers in the bowl were beginning to die down, as was the smoke, before her glance shifted towards Vidya as she began to inquire about what she had learned concerning the magic surrounding the orb. Her question caused a glint of concern to slip over her gunmetal gray eyes before she shifted her gaze towards L and The Gentleman, though the concern dissipated as soon as L declared that it was her own.

When the little fox spirits came out, Nibblet ceased her grooming, sniffing at them with interest and shying back into her bag when they came too close, peeking out over the edge of the satchel before glancing up at Sassy who just formed her lips into a little "O" as they came near, taking one final puff of her pipe and snatching up a nearby ash tray which she began tapping her pipe into, "well, I think we should go after the thieves... it'll probably be dangerous with the Templars and all... but the longer we wait, the further they get and the more likely they'll get caught so I say it's better to be caught by us than anyone else. That and the tower'll still be there if it turns out that the thieves don't have what we need."

Zer0 Zer0 AI10100 AI10100 TrashRabbit TrashRabbit Tardy Grade Tardy Grade Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
“Underground”

The redhead leaned back, feeling the soft cushions cradle his back comfortingly as he stared at the ghostly foxes as thoughts reeled in His head. His indigo eyes following them around as their ghostly figures weave around their legs and close to the strange cat who hid in a bag. Then he looked back at the orb that’s in his hand and noticed the hotdog pillow poking it. His ears now filled with Vincent’s and Sassy’s laughter after his zinger.

”Daaawww~ What’s the fun in that? Puzzles are meant to be solved.” Isa teased Vidya before snorting at L’s antics. He brought the now back-to-normal key back to the table, having to circle around Bradley‘s body in order to do so, grabbing his lollipop from the carpeted floors as he leans back on the cushions again. Grinning seems to be a permanent expression on his pale face. “But we are fine. This thing isn’t dangerous—- what just happened wasn’t dangerous enough to be life-threatening.”

He corrected, not really certain enough that the thing is declared ‘safe’. Honestly hearing a voiceless voice was strange, but it’s not the worst thing he went through, that’s for sure. At least the soul-sucking wasn’t painful and rather educational when it came to the voice itself. Uroburos, huh? And he —- Isa is assuming he—- knows the four shield maidens’ names. oh yea, this job might actually be what he needs to lead his uncle or better yet, lure him in like a hook to a fish.

Pocketing his sweet addiction to wash it later, Isa slightly looked to his left as he listened to Sassy. He nodded. “Yea, it’s best to give these thieves a visit. Especially when I just confirmed with this orb that it’s connected to not just Zosimos, but to the four shield maidens as well.” That’s when he lolled his head towards Vincent, his grin seemed more tense as if he was on edge at the knowledge or he was just really excited. Really really excited.

“Isn’t that right, Vinny?” Isa teased even as he relaxed on the comfortable sitting area. “Honestly this thing is simply sublime. Talking to us and all. I would like to look at the symbols more with notes I have in my bag, if it’s fine with you, L?”

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle TrashRabbit TrashRabbit AI10100 AI10100 Tardy Grade Tardy Grade Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

- Master Den -
" Gentleman's Tavern "

"Yes, of course, Isa, you can take it as long as you have a safe place to keep it without it getting stolen!" nodded L immediately with something akin to renewed hope in her big blue eyes, and pushed the cushion where the orb was resting towards him. "We can talk somewhere else since I don't know what the Vault Key might do to the people in the tavern." She was gazing at him as though he was a savant at the Vault Key, whom she had much to learn from. She, The Gentleman, and their friends were confused yet fascinated by what Isa, Vincent, Vidya were saying. Sonja the barbarian seemed to be the only one who looked ready to smash the Vault Key or lop off any heads if something else went wrong. Suddenly there was movement from Bradley, and ---

Slap

The cheeky Isa now had a red cheeky cheek. Whether it was because he wasn't used to this sort of zinger or impish grin thrown his way, Bradley didn't say more after his delayed smack and promptly sat down far from the cheeky biker.

The Gentleman raised an eyebrow at this, however, he was quick to resume his suave business-like air.

"The thieves then, hmmm." he steepled his fingers and rested his chin on the tips, looking at the group thoughtfully. He looked somewhat disappointed. "Well, I guess I don't have a business proposition to propose. I had planned to offer a mutually beneficial agreement to your quest for this Vault of Memories. My smuggling tunnels, tavern as a base of operations, transportation, gear, contacts, information, in return for being the sole buyer of whatever new, or unique relics you find or steal out there, but since you aren't going for the tower . . . Well . . . Who says you wouldn't go for it after you hunt down these thieves, right? If ever your party wants to make some good profit, come back to me and show me any relics you all find. If it's something I can invest in, you will find me a very generous supporter of your endeavors."

After a bit more conversation, The Gentleman clapped his hands again. "Well then, this has been interesting. Thank you all for coming here. Have a drink on me upstairs, and if you're looking for rooms to stay in Sanctuary, we may have some to spare on the second floor. Talk to Ori if you're interested."

And he bid them adieu. L cast a spell that shrunk the Vault Key into the size of an egg and let Isa have it, then she followed Isa and Vincent out through the dragon door, very eager to learn all about what just happened with the Vault Key, but keeping mum until they find a new safe place to talk. The drow and the Bald man still followed L , although the two kept a respectable distance behind the group. Therias was sitting on the same spot since the group left and looked up the moment Vidya came out.

"You're all alright." she stood up as Nikolas got off the ornate chest (he was still sucking on the lollipop), turned the first key hole and let everyone get all their weapons back. Therias approached Vidya and walked in step with her as the group made their way out. "So, what happened in there?"

Meanwhile, Sassy is going to notice that Ralph is gone from the stables. There were no Carvers in the tavern surprisingly, but there were two folks who wore the same type of scarves and fur coats as the Carvers Vincent and Sassy knocked out just dawdling on the street outside the tavern as though they were watching the place. In the dining hall the patrons were having such a feast, eating, drinking, back to partying as they enjoyed the spoils from the Carver brawl.

It is now about an hour past eight in the evening. If anything, the tavern was fuller and rowdier than earlier with folk coming in to chill out and relax after a hard day's work. The stage was still open for poets and musicians looking to rock the night and earn a bit of moolah. At this time, the market was still open, and before everyone could disperse, L spoke up, standing on a table so that she can be at least at shoulder height of some of the Vault Hunters. "So, we're still waiting for one more person to arrive. We'll just wait for a week, and if he's not here by then, we're off. I actually just live here underneath the tavern, so if you guys are getting rooms somewhere else, you can just come by and ask Ori, the hunchback barman for news in the morning if we're complete, or if you want you can all tell me where you all will be sleeping so I can send a message to ya. I'm probably sleeping somewhere else tonight though until The Gentleman gives the all clear for me to go back in with the Vault Key. Anyway, I'm not sleeping yet, so, we can still talk if any of you have more questions! I know I sure do." she looked at Vincent and Isa. "Also, if you haven't geared up yet for our journey, now's the time. I'm thinking we leave as soon as possible if we wanna get those thieves, though honestly I don't know where we could start searching for them."

Searching for Clues To those who wish to use their contacts to find some information on the thieves, please make a Charm Intelligence check. You can also aid an ally, giving them advantage to this roll if you do not wish to roll for this yourself.

There are couriers and messenger birds for hire in Sanctuary. These can deliver information for you and back to you within the week for 1 Alchemical.

After this little meeting she followed Isa wherever he went, while the bandaged drow and Eric the bald man sureptitiously followed some distance behind.

d5k5e75-433548ed-3966-475d-86d5-229f5816de29.jpg
- The Districts of Sanctuary -

Sanctuary had three main districts: Heart, East Lung, and West Lung.

" Heart District "

This is the district right after the Skull Gate and is located in the center of the fort. It had three levels: the bottom most was where the uninhabited dangerous monster infested ruins of Fell Thalas begin, where The Gentleman's Tavern is located close to the Fell Thalas gate that keeps the monsters from coming into Sanctuary, and where canoes traveling through the river that runs underneath the mountain enter through another river gate and docks guarded by naga. This river is the life blood of Sanctuary, and is their main means of exporting and importing goods and especially food which is hard to grow in the icy mountain the fortress sits on.

The middle level was a crowded slums where most folks in Sanctuary lived.

And the top was the Industrial zone of the fort. Here, nomads who didn't have a place to stay sat huddled with their herds of reindeer against the warm walls of the Ancient's giant heart. Though it was shriveled up, it was as big as a barn, nestled halfway down the maroon ground, and supported by pillars of stone. The smooth dark purple walls of the first floor was aglow with white hot embers from within, and one could see the faint silhouette of golems moving around inside it, shoving around the embers. A wide ramp of stone from the outside led to an open archway, carved with runes, on the second floor. Here, goblins, dwarves, and scavengers hauled or pushed wagons piled high with scrap metal up the ramp, while those going down, carried stacks of forged iron bars. Even though the archway was open, the sounds of dozens of hammering inside, accompanied by an endless creaking of wood, and the whooshing of some great bellows was muted. A sign in four different languages: Common, Dwarvish, Gobblegook, and Infernal, hung above the archway, saying;

" Communal Smithy "
"No explosives, highly flammable materials, or boombooms. I'm talkin to you, Tina."
- Godfather

The smoke from the forges inside bellowed out of the shriveled heart's aorta and vena cava, and branched out into zigzaggy rickety metal chimney pipes that wound their way up, up to the dark cavern roof and seemingly out of the Ancient's back.

Trade for metal was common here, and there were many workshops and enchanters. Some working on fixing wagons or enchanting the top with a permanent illusion that made it look like it was always filled with barrels covered in canvas, and there was a rare working vending machine that sold bullets outside of a gun shop. The further one went away from the heart, the more the products became that of magical ingredients, food, and pets, such as a jackal in a turban selling puppies that were teleporting in and out their cages.

2.jpg
- ARMOR -

ARMOR TYPE:
  1. Light: +2 Toughness
    Cost: 200 Metal. Weight 1.
    Craft: 100 Metal, 1 day, toolkit
    Repair: 50 Metal, toolkit, 1 hour DC10 Artisan Agility Roll, +1 to roll for every extra hour spent.
  2. Heavy: +4 Toughness, disadvantage to stealth.
    Cost: 400 Metal. Weight 3.
    Craft: 200 Metal, 4 days, toolkit, forge
    Repair: 100 Metal, toolkit, forge, 4 hours DC14 Artisan Agility Roll, +1 to roll for every extra hour spent.
  3. Shield: +1 Toughness. Cannot use with dual-wielded and heavy weapons.
    Cost: 100 Metal. Weight 1.
    Craft: 50 Metal, 1 hour, toolkit
    Repair: 25 Metal, toolkit, 10 minutes DC10 Artisan Agility Roll, +1 to roll for every extra 10 minutes spent.
  4. Shield, Heavy: +2 Toughness. Cannot use with dual-wielded and heavy weapons.
    Cost: 200 Metal. Weight 2.
    Craft, 100 Metal, 1 day, toolkit, forge
    Repair: 50 Metal, toolkit, forge, 1 hour DC10 Artisan Agility Roll, +1 to roll for every extra 10 minutes spent.
ARMOR UPGRADES:
  1. Protection Rune: +1 Toughness. Max 2 per armor.
    Cost: 100 Alchemical
    Craft: 50 Alchemical, toolkit, forge.
  2. Camouflage: Light Armor only. Advantage to Stealth checks in 1 specific terrain: Greenery, Rocky, Snow, Desert, Urban, Wet.
    Cost: 10 Alchemical. Weight +1.
    Craft: 5 Alchemical or Free if Greenery is chosen and in Greenery terrain, 1 hour, toolkit
    Repair: 2 Alchemical or Free if Greenery is chosen and in Greenery terrain, toolkit, 10 minutes.
Ordinary weapon too expensive? Buy cheaper and less reliable ones! Or craft your own at the Communal Forge!

ARMOR COST REDUCTIONS:
  1. Crude: -1 Toughness.
    Cost reduction: 25%
  2. Smelly: -2 to Stealth rolls. Can be removed by repairing the armor with a toolkit and a number of alchemical components = 10% cost reduction.
    Cost reduction: 10%
  3. Second-hand: Too tight or too loose it gets in the way. -1 to combat.
    Cost reduction: 25%, Crafting and repair time reduction: 50%.
  4. Cursed Relic: When you roll a natural 1 while casting magic, the curse in the armor reacts, causing the failed magic spell to go wild causing something random to happen to you or someone else nearby.
    Cost reduction: 10%.

bs-monster-design10.jpg
- WEAPONS -
" Pick the weapon quality first, and then pick the weapon type"

WEAPON QUALITY:
  1. Crude: +1 Combat
    Cost: 60 Metal. Weight 1.
    Craft: 30 Metal, 1 day, toolkit
    Repair: 15 Metal, toolkit, 1 hour DC10 Artisan Agility Roll, +1 to roll for every extra hour spent.

2. Common: +2 Combat, Immune to Crude Sunder
    Cost: 600 Metal. Weight 1.
    Craft: 300 Metal, 4 days, toolkit
    Repair: 150 Metal, forge, toolkit, 4 hours DC14 Artisan Intelligence Roll, +1 to roll for every extra hour spent.

3. Masterwork: +3 Combat, crit at 19, Immune to Common and Crude Sunder
    Cost: 600 Alchemical, . Weight 1.
    Craft: 3000 Metal, 2 weeks, forge, toolkit
    Repair: 1500 Metal, forge, toolkit, 1 day DC18 Artisan Intelligence Roll, +1 to roll for every extra hour spent.

WEAPON TYPE:
  1. Simple | No pros no cons. One-handed weapons and unarmed attacks. Reduce Weapon cost by 25%.
  2. Dual-Wield | Using your main action, you can attack twice per round, but each attack is at a disadvantage. No disadvantage if making only 1 attack.
  3. Light | Before the start of every round, you can declare to add the weapon's combat bonus to your Toughness instead of your combat roll.
  4. Heavy | Advantage against heavy armored opponents, disadvantage against unarmored and light armored opponents. Two-handed weapons.
  5. Sundering | All attacks are at a disadvantage, but every successful hit reduces your opponent's Armor Toughness or Weapon Combat Bonus by -1. When it's reduced to 0, their weapon or armor is destroyed. Two-handed weapons.
  6. Ranged | No need to roll for exposure if attacking melee enemy in a different area, or a ranged enemy whose weapon cannot reach you. Two-handed weapons.
  7. Ranged, Explosive | Damages everyone in an area, including allies. Even if your combat roll isn't equal or higher than their toughness, they still need to roll for Exposure. Two-handed weapons.
WEAPON UPGRADES:
These upgrades are obviously mechromancy and will arouse the suspicion of Templars if seen.
  1. Customized: +1 combat (max 1)
    Cost: 100 Alchemical (crude), 400 Alchemical (common), 600 Alchemical (masterwork)
    Crafting Time: 1d4 days
  2. Hybrid: +1 weapon type. +1 Weight. (max 1). You can freely switch between types during combat without spending a major action to re-equip.
    Cost: 100 Alchemical (crude), 400 Alchemical (common), 600 Alchemical (masterwork)
    Crafting Time: 1 week
  3. Burst Trigger: Automatically fires another ammunition on a critical hit. (max 1, ranged types only)
    Cost: 50 Alchemical (crude), 100 Alchemical (common), 300Alchemical (masterwork)
    Enchanting Time: 1 day
  4. Nova Cloud: Increases explosive range by 1 area. (max 1, explosive ranged only)
    Enchanting Time: 1d4 days
  5. Materia Augmentation: +1 Spell DC (max 2)
    Cost: Cost: 50 Alchemical (crude), 100 Alchemical (common), 300 Alchemical (masterwork)
    Crafting Time: 1d4 days
Ordinary weapon too expensive? Buy cheaper and less reliable ones! Or craft your own at the Communal Forge!

WEAPON COST REDUCTIONS:
  1. Jams: Ranged weapon types only. On a die roll of 10 or below, attack fails and weapon becomes useless. A minor action can be spent to un-jam it.
  2. Weak Components: Melee weapon types only. On a die roll of 6 or below, and if your enemy's armor or shield quality is equal or higher than your weapon's, your weapon breaks and its durability is reduced by 1. A weapon's durability is determined by their quality. Crude Durability = 1, Common Durability = 2, Masterwork Durability = 3. At Durability 0, your weapon is useless until repaired.
  3. Second-hand parts: Old and worn. -1 to combat.
    Cost reduction: 25%, Crafting and repair time reduction: 50%.
  4. Cursed Relic: On a roll of 6 or below, attack fails and weapon afflicts the user. Roll randomly from Affliction list to decide the affliction.
    Cost reduction: 25%.

AMMUNITION:
  1. x6 Common
    Cost: 2 Metal
    Craft: 1 Metal, toolkit, forge, 4 hours.
  2. x1 Explosive
    Cost: 6 Alchemical
    Craft: 1 Metal, 3 Alchemical, toolkit, forge, 4 hours.

Item_Concept_21.jpg
- ACCESSORIES -

ACCESSORIES:
*Characters can equip up to two accessories at a time.
  1. Moon Stone Brooch: After every long rest where the moon stone has been bathed in moonlight, gives Mp = 2+character level when equipped.
    Cost: 200 Alchemical. Weight 1.
  2. Skull Helm: +1 Intimidation.
    Cost: 2 Alchemical. Weight 1.
  3. Winter Coat: Reduce cold weather DC by 1.
    Cost: 4 Alchemical. Weight 1.
  4. Climbing Gear: Reduce journey DC of alpines, mountains, highlands, and caves by 1. Or +2 to climbing if not journeying.
    Cost: 4 Alchemical.
  5. Elven Cloak: Add character level to Stealth checks.
  6. Ring of Protection: +1 to Toughness. Has the emblem of an Ancient.
  7. Gladiator's Helm: +2 to Toughness. Only one can be equipped at a time.
    Cost: 400 Alchemical. Weight 1.
  8. Chimera Bone Chimes: +1 to Spell DC.
  9. Warlock Robes: Must be unarmored. Only one can be equipped at a time. +1 Spell DC per character level, gives 2+1 Mp per character level. Manna recharged after every short rest.
    Cost: 600 Alchemical. Weight 1.
  10. Mask of Many Faces: Three times a day, can cast "Disguise Self" for free .

Darksiders_2_Concept_Art_by_Avery_Coleman_08.jpg
- SPELLS -

SCROLLS:
To be able to use a spell, your character level must be = or greater than the spell Tier. The manna cost to use each spell is = Tier level. Mechromancers can inscribe the spell in their spellbooks without using up a scroll, allowing them to cast the spell as long as its prepared. Diviners can use the scrolls like an ordinary item, destroying 1 scroll upon 1 use.
  1. x1 Cantrips Scrolls: See Cantrips list. Pick one.
    Cost: 10 Alchemical.
  2. x3 Tier I, Fire: Explosive small area attack with +1 to combat. +2 if against creatures weak to fire. Inflicts "Burn" preventing creaures from recovering health. No effect against fire type creatures. Save: Survival Agility Roll against your Spell DC. Success means they will avoid damage, but still roll exposure die for the chance of being afflicted with "Burn".
    Cost: 100 Alchemical.
  3. x3 Tier I, Thunder: Explosive small area attack with +1 to combat. +2 if against creatures weak to electricity. Inflicts "Don't Move", preventing creatures from moving to a different area. No effect against electricity type creatures. Save: Survival Agility Roll against your Spell DC. Success means they will avoid damage, but still roll exposure die for the chance of beng afflicted with "Don't Move".
  4. x3 Tier I, Feral Form: Lasts for 1 minute, +1 to combat, advantage to strength rolls. Targets willing creature or self. The one you target turns into a creature as large as a bear or becomes larger in size. (If you choose creature, please permanently decide what creature your target turns into upon purchase).
  5. x3 Tier I, Sleep: Lasts for a number of rounds = Academic Skill rank starting on the next round. Small area attack. Targets are stunned, but attacking, moving them, or making very loud noises will wake them up.
    Cost: 100 Alchemical. Save: Survival Intelligence Roll against your Spell DC.
  6. x3 Tier I: Entangling Roses: Lasts for 2 rounds. starting on the next round. Small area attack. Enemies only are "grappled" by thick thorny roses. For every round that passes, the difficulty to get out of the entanglement increases by +1. Save: Survival Strength Roll against your Spell DC. Success means they will avoid the effects of the spell entirely. If grappled, enemies can use a major action to get out of the grapple. These roses automatically grapple any foe that enters the area.
SPELL BOOKS:
Spell books do not get destroyed upon use.
  1. Cantrips: See Cantrips list. Pick one.
    Cost: 500 Alchemical.
  2. Tier I, Fire: Explosive small area attack with +1 to combat. +2 if against creatures weak to fire. Inflicts "Burn" preventing creaures from recovering health. No effect against fire type creatures. Save: Survival Agility Roll against your Spell DC. Success means they will avoid damage, but still roll exposure die for the chance of being afflicted with "Burn".
    Cost: 1000 Alchemical.
  3. Tier I, Sleep: Lasts for a number of rounds = Academic Skill rank starting on the next round. Small area attack. Targets are stunned, but attacking, moving them, or making very loud noises will wake them up.
    Cost: 1000 Alchemical. Save: Survival Intelligence Roll against your Spell DC.

- TOOLS -

TOOLS:
  1. ECHO: A radio that works only in places covered by an ECHO tower. Runs on ragnite.
  2. Map: +4 Survival if you are in the map region and if the map applies, such as: not getting lost, or finding the best hunting grounds.
    Cost: 5 Metal
  3. Compass: Advantage to navigation rolls.
    Cost: 25 Alchemical
  4. Toolbox: +1 Crafing and repairing gear and machines, pick locks, disable traps. You can also excavate or gather crafting resources twice more.
    Cost: 100 Alchemical. Weight 1.
  5. x12 Hygiene Kit: +1 Condition when used during a long rest. +1 to Crafting Disguises. Also contains cosmetics and all manner of bubble bath bombs.
    Cost: 20 Metal
  6. Crockpot: +1 Cooking, and brew potions. Contains a mess kit and comes with a collection of containers for monster parts, unknown liquids, and acid.
    Cost: 100 Metal. Weight 1
  7. Artist's Case: +1 to Drawing and Forgery. A long water-proof scroll case with compartments that contain: vials of colorful ink, paint, charcoal, pencils, quills, calligraphy brushes, painter's brushes, ruler, calipers, rolls of parchment that are either plain or grid-patterned, and a spyglass.
    Cost: 50 Alchemical
  8. x1 Trap: After being secretly set up, when triggered, the trap inflicts an affliction. Please choose 1 affliction upon purchase. DC to Disable your trap once set up = 10 + your Agility + Artisan Skill rank.
    Cost: 50 Metal

HEALING:
  1. x3 Trauma Kit : DC 14 Knowledge check removes one affliction or improves health by 1. DC 18 stabilizes dying character. Every +1 hour performing the medical operation gives +1 to Trauma Kit rolls. Uses up an entire turn when used during battle.
    Craft: 25 Alchemical, 10 Metal, toolkit, crockpot, 1 day.
  2. Field Medic Guide: +1 to medical procedures when performing them with this book open.

b5bfb4e87aca49c315e0fffca9f0ff74.jpg
- MISCELLANEOUS -

FOOD:
  1. x6 Rations: Feel free to change the name. These are snacks and preserved meals, coffee, tea leaves, etc. that can be eaten or drank during a short rest, recovering 2 manna instead of just 1 without having anything to eat or drink. Lasts for 2 months.
    Cost: 1 Alchemical
    Craft: 1 Fresh Ingredient, crockpot, DC 10 30 minutes.
  2. x3 Fresh Ingredients: +1 to cooking rolls. Recently hunted meat, caught fish, picked fruits. Remains fresh for a day.
    Cost: 1 Metal
  3. x12 Spices: +1 to cooking rolls. Includes seasoning such as salt. 1 spice may be added per 1 cooking roll.
  4. x2 Seeds: A handful of seeds. After planting and a month of care, yields 2d6 Fresh Ingredients, 2d6 spices, 1d6 Alchemical.
  5. x4 Meals, Cheap: +1 Condition. Fresh for a day.
  6. x1 Meal, Common: +2 Condition. Fresh for a day.
  7. x1 Meal, Expensive: +3 Condition. Fresh for a day.
    Cost: 6 Metal
  8. x12 Pet Food: +1 Pet Condition. Lasts for 2 months.
  9. x6 Pet Food, Expensive: +2 Pet Condition. Lasts for 2 months.

MISC:
  1. Resource Exchange: 1 Alchemical for 10 Metal. 10 Metal for 1 Alchemical. 1+Charm Metal for 1 Influence Point.
  2. Backpack: +20 Carrying Capacity. The inside is waterproof. Characters can equip 1 backpack at a time.
    Cost: 10 Metal
  3. Chest: 40 Carrying Capacity. Toughness 20.
    Cost: 15 Metal
  4. Lock: DC 18 lockpick. Toughness 20.
  5. Manacles: DC 18 lockpick. Toughness 20.
    Cost: 20 Metal
  6. Oil Lamp: Casts light in a 30 ft. radius. or 60 ft. cone. Has a hood allowing you to lower the light to a dim 5 ft. radius. Stays lit for 8 hours on 1 pint of oil. Can be hung on belt.
    Cost: 25 Metal. Weight 1.
  7. x3 Oil Flask: 1 pint. Can be used in combination with fire attacks, increasing the DC for "Burn" by +1.
    Cost: 1 Metal.
  8. x6 Torch: Equipped in your off-hand or main hand. Casts light in a 30 ft. radius. Burns for an hour with a chance of being blown out in bad weather. DC 10 to avoid "Burn".
  9. Flint and Steel: Make fire. Comes with a box of tinder.
  10. Lashings: Advantage to Overcoming Difficult Terrain when set up. Rope or similar that's 50 ft. in length.
  11. Net: After making a successful attack with a net on 1 target, inflicts "Grappled". A major action can be spent to make a DC 14 Combat Strength roll with a sharp weapon or DC 14 Survival Strength roll to get out of the net or destroy it.
    Cost: 15 Metal
  12. Block and Tackle: A wooden pulley that when set up with rope allows you to haul up to four times the weight you can normally lift.
  13. Fishing Rod: +1 to Survival rolls when fishing.
    Cost: 5 Metal.
  14. Ragnite Power Stone: Small, powers small Arcana devices and relics.
    Cost: 5 Alchemical
  15. Tent, 2 people: Protects against bad weather.
    Cost: 10 Metal. Weight 2.
  16. Tent, 4 people: Protects against bad weather.
    Cost: 20 Metal. Weight 4.
  17. Plush Sleeping Bag: Gives a comfy rest. +1 to Condition.
    Cost: 100 Metal. Weight 1.
  18. Mirror, small:
    Cost: 5 Metal.
  19. Wooden Whistle: You can choose to buy a pet whistle that sounds silent to people, but is heard by dogs and other animals with sensitive hearing.
  20. Bell: Each craftsman and settlement has unique handsome bell designs mostly based on culture. The bell can be made from brass, porcelain, glass, metal, crystal, bone, etc.
  21. Battle horn
  22. x100 Paper and Art Supplies
  23. x1 Velum Papers and Enchanter's Ink: For inscribing spells in spellbooks, making spell scrolls, or drawing magical tattoos.
  24. Pocket Watch: Runs on ragnite. Has beautiful engravings and space on one side of the locket for a small photo or painting.
    Cost: 25 Metal
  25. Camera: Pops out a developed magical black and white photograph with moving pictures right after taking a picture.
    Cost: 1000 Metal
  26. x12 Camera Film:
  27. x6 Cheap goods: recycled things, old loot, clothes made from fur or monster parts, monster decorations, etc.
  28. x2 Common goods: leather or cotton garments, baked goods, honey, crafted baubles and woodwork, journals, popular second-hand books, etc.
  29. x1 Expensive goods: jewelry, wine, dashing clothes, finely crafted gifts, rare books, etc.

4e460f6a56a9f318381cfe1d321212d5.jpg
- TRANSPORT -
MOUNTS:
  1. Chocobo: A hardy intelligent birb trained to come to its owner when you whistle. Has a 3 Hex speed on the world map. Can carry 2 people with an extra carrying capacity of 40 when saddled. Already comes with a saddle.
  2. Giant Ram: A giant intelligent mountain sheep that's very fluffy. Has a 3 Hex speed on the world map. Can carry 2 people with an extra carrying capacity of 40 when saddled. Already comes with a saddle.
  3. Polar Bear Dog: Giant huggable dog. Has a 3 Hex speed on the world map. Can carry 2 people with an extra carrying capacity of 40 when saddled. Already comes with a saddle.Cost: 50 Alchemical
VEHICLES:
  1. Caravan: Can be drawn by up to 2 mounts or 1 motorcycle. Has 1 Hex speed when drawn by one mount or one motorcycle in difficult terrain, 2 Hex speed if two mounts or one motorcycle. Can carry 8 people with an extra carrying capacity of 100. Comes with a canvass cover built to withstand harsh Leor weather.
    Cost: 200 Metal.
  2. Canoe: 4 hex speed in water. Can carry 3 people with an extra carrying capacity of 40.
    Cost: 50 Metal. Weight 20.
  3. Fastcraft: A canoe with a loud engine that runs on ragnite. 6 hex speed in water. Can carry 3 people with an extra carrying capacity of 40.
    Cost: 400 Metal. Weight 25.
  4. Ragnite Power Box: Powers machines.
    Cost: 50 Alchemical. Weight 1.
TRANSPORT UPGRADES:
  1. Smuggler's Illusion: Caravan only. 15 ft. cube illusion. Makes the back look like its full of supply crates and barrels
    Cost: 100 Alchemical. 1 hour enchanting time.
  2. Mobile Garden: Caravan only. Sheltered and protected boxes that allows you to grow small plants. Can plant up to 4 seeds.
    Cost: 10 Metal. Weight 10. 4 hours crafting time.
  3. Mobile Forge: Caravan only. Big, heavy smoking forge with a small chimney and 2 toolkits
    Cost: 1000 Metal. Weight 80. 1 week crafting time. -1 hex speed. Caravan can now only carry 4 people. Requires 2 chocobos to pull or 1 motorcycle.

- SERVICES -

SPELLS:
  1. Spell, Heal: Cures 1 Hp or removes 1 affliction.
    Cost: 10 Alchemical
  2. Spell, Resurrection: Brings a corpse that has been dead for no longer than 6 days back to life.
    Cost: 400 Alchemical
OTHERS:
  1. Repair Items: Repair time is cut in half.
    Cost: Crafting cost of item
  2. Training, +1 to a Skill: Train with a master for a number of hours = 100 x Next skill rank. Can come back to resume training if you're going on an adventure, or request for a contract that allows you to go to masters of the same organization in other settlements to continue your training there. Comes with 1 training scroll that allows you to train while traveling. This scroll is given to you after at least 8 hours of training where the master got to know your current abilities and limitations. The training regimen in this scroll is custom designed for your character, and allows you to train a number of hours by yourself = 25% of total training hours required. When you train with 1 ally who is helping you out, the number of hours you can train with just the scroll = 50%.
    Cost: 1000 Alchemical x Next skill level.
  3. Lodgings, Comfortable: +2 condition.
    Cost: 6 Metal per day
  4. Lodgings, Fancy: +3 condition.
    Cost: 1 Alchemical per day
  5. Stable
  6. Public Bath: +1 Condition. They also clean your items for you.
  7. Courier, Letter: Delivers messages to a location for you
  8. Courier, Package: Delivers items to a location for you.
    Cost: 1 Alchemical per 1 Weight.
  9. Library: Look up historical information.
    Cost: 1 Metal for the whole day
  10. Information: +1 to +6 to Charm Intelligence rolls when asking around for current events or recent past.
    Cost: 1 Alchemical per +1 to roll. 10 Alchemical per +1 to roll if this information is secret or forbidden.
  11. Weather Prediction: Predict weather 3 days in advance. GM makes DC18 roll.
  12. Fortune Teller: Hear a prediction about the future. May or may not be fake.

OOC: If anyone has items suggestions, wants to haggle for lower prices, steal, or has items questions feel free to ask me.

"West Lung District "

This is the district famous for its many Combat Pits, the most popular of which is the Godfather's Savage Pit of Savagery located next to his Savage Gym of Savagery. Here gambling is rampant and there's a lot of healers here who don't have a shortage of dimwitted patients who get injured from drunken decisions to fight rabid frost wolves in the pits. This is also the place to buy prosthesis and upgrades.

The Carver's Barracks is also located here, and is where The Godfather's small army and raiding parties rest. They have their own exit out of Sanctuary, forbidden to all except for The Godfather's warriors who charge out when the battle horns are sounded alarming them off another Templar or rival bandit warlord attack. Sanctuary was a prized trading center, and it didn't lack for battles for the right to rule the territory. So far, The Godfather has held the reins for the last five years.

"East Lung District "

The entertainment district is where most of the taverns, inns, and gambling dens are located. There are small neglected shrines of Ancients here, some half- destroyed, many turned into trash heaps, all vandalized.

South of this district is a large mine where workers are essentially trying to carve through the Dead Ancient's flesh to make Sanctuary bigger. All this stone hard dark maroon flesh gets transported into a very smelly pit where it's heated and decomposed to be turned into fertilizer. Along the walls of the East district hang plants in makeshift pots, sort of like a hanging farm that's watered by channels that re-divert the water from the river gate in the Heart District. It's a smelly, but green and beautiful place.

Katsuya Katsuya Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle TrashRabbit TrashRabbit AI10100 AI10100 Tardy Grade Tardy Grade

Last edited:
Sassafras Jenkins
- Sanctuary -
Gentleman's Tavern​

At Isa's comments about the orb, Sassy only chuckled and shook her head. Sure, it wasn't dangerous... but they didn't know that before, for all he knew, it could have been a ticking time bomb just waiting for some poor sod foolish enough to mess with it and BAM! they'd all be in little pieces. He was just lucky it wasn't a device set to explode if someone messed with it unaware.

Sassy finished tapping the burnt remnants of the smoked vegetation from her pipe just as Bradley slapped Isa. Sassy paused as she was putting the pipe in an inner pocket of her bag Nibblet was in before surprised and rhythmic laughter escaped her and she finished what she was doing. No idea what that was about. She finished putting away her effects and waited for The Gentleman to finish what he was saying, rising with the rest of the group and exiting just as they did.

When Nicolas opened the chest to reveal the weapon rack again, Sassy drew her knife, giving it a quick and agile spin in one of her gloved hands before putting it back in its sheath at her back and offering a toothy grin to the guardian of the chest.

Sassy didn't really have any other business in the tavern since she had already gotten another place to stay, but since she had gotten there at the last minute practically, it seemed better to set up Ralph in the stables. Of course she was disappointed once she saw that he was missing when she went to fetch him, but she wasn't really surprised. Her lips pursed and tilted to the side slightly before she muttered to herself, "welp..." she then turned on her heel and made her way back inside.

"Heya boyos!" Was the cheery greeting she offered to the feasting Dwarves who had unintentionally backed her efforts during the brawl, "you wouldn't by chance have seen ya girl's chocobo wouldja'?" she casually put her arm around the shoulders of one of them, beaming brightly as though nothing was amiss. She wasn't a dim bulb and she had at least two guesses on where her mount may have gone, only one she much preferred over the other.

Zer0 Zer0 Katsuya Katsuya

master_dwarf_by_alexanderexorcist-d63b1gd.jpg
- Dining Hall -
" The Gentleman's Tavern "

The dwarves who had been celebrating earlier were looking sullen around their table when Sassy came over. "Lass, you're back."

The dwarf she had her arm around, a bald stout one with a bushy monobrow, straw-blonde beard with a few strands braided in stone rings looked disappointed at himself. He dropped his voice to a whisper. "Aye, Carvers got your bird. Munin and I tried to smuggle 'im out while Ori was stallin' them," he nodded at his fellow dwarf, a younger one with a tomato nose whose brown beard was still short, "but your bird must've thought we were tryin' to steal him, wouldn't come with us. We had to bail before the Carvers came out the backdoor. Gave them a good pecking your bird did, but they net him then dragged him off. That was 'bout twenty minutes ago. He's probably in the Carver's barracks by now. Sorry lass. If it's any consolation no one told the Carvers you were down there, I don't think they believed us. There's a couple watchin' the tavern outside, maybe some at the back too. You need need help sneaking out?"

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

d684d0f69c2396a012f8f87f37b36269.jpg
- Moss Adamaris -
" Docks, Bottom of Heart District "

Meanwhile, outside in the blizzard at the bottom of the deep ravine, where the icy river snaked its way into the black mountain, the bewildered glances of canoe men were following the streak of white hair and the slow tired dipping of the lean arms of a man swimming through the dark frigid waters.

"Oi! Oi, you!" Lanterns shone across the heavy snowing darkness.

The white-haired man stopped, holding on to a rock, gasping and shivering, his breath coming out in mists. "What? I need to go inside!" he shouted hurriedly through the rushing of the torrents.

The canoe man stared at what seemed to be a fleshy horn in the middle of the man's head. "Do you need a lift?!" he shouted, still bewildered.

"I don't have anything to pay you!"

The canoe man shook his head in disbelief. "You don't have to pay, boy, just get on here before you freeze your rocks off!"

The white-haired man was much obliged. Quickly, he clambered on board as the canoe man hauled him up with a strong arm. He was taller than the kind boatman, skin as dark as the pinewood canoe, and an aquiline face with chill teal eyes that were sleepy from exhaustion; his horn was twitching a little. He pulled up a bag with a short spear that had been tied to a rope around his waist, and sat down hugging it. The canoe man quickly dumped a thick blanket of furs on top of him, before paddling the canoe again at a quicker pace.

"Thanks a lot, I couldn't afford p-passage through the r-river." said the white-haired man, gratefully. He pulled the thick blanket around him as he shivered under the blizzard, his lips blue from the cold.

"So you swam? Who --- what are you?" asked the boatman, perplexed.

The white-haired man chuckled. "Name's Moss." he bowed in greeting. " I'm . . . a desperate man who loves the water very much, and who's saving up for a trip."

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
“Ouch”

Feeling the sudden sting of a hard palm to his face, forcing him to look sideways, Isa’s grin only grew. Silently mocking him as he looked back at a flustered Bradley. His red fringes shadowing his indigo-blue eyes. “My my, can’t handle rejection, I see. That’s okay, me neither.” He whispered that last part as if it was an important secret.

It’s not the first time someone has slapped him and Bradley's was definitely not the worst slaps either. The redhead simply stretched his arms up as the others were ready to leave, aware of how The Gentleman is weary at the strange orb, not that he blamed him. He hummed for a moment before taking the orb and lightly tucking it back into L’s hands.

”The only safe place I know for sure, is with you. I don’t mind going somewhere else to check on the symbols if you know another place.” Isa surprisingly admitted before standing up and bidding goodbye to the people in the tavern. Waving cheerfully at the cat guard who took a sweet from him.

“Cheers, mate~”

After L made her announcement and everyone went their own way, Isa shrugged and walked to the mentioned bartender, Ori. He asked if he could get a room for tonight and possibly tomorrow night and asked where he could leave his bike since he just didn‘t trust anybody here. Then making sure he knew where his bike will be, he took his drawstring bag and flopped over his shoulder before walking over to L.

“If you don’t mind following me to the market, I’ll answer any questions you have. I have a few of my own to ask of you too.” Isa said, smiling cheerfully at the gnome. As they went the upper level of the Heart District where the markets should be and got the items Isa is planning to buy —— he is even asking L what color should the caravan be and what do women need to be comfy-ish while traveling since he isn’t used to traveling with others for long —- the redhead casually asked his question as the glass shop’s keeper was at the back. Knowing no one is paying much attention to the duo.

”Oh L, before I forget: why is it that the wanted poster said you were a human guy and not a cute gnome lady?” Isa lifted a glass vase to a torch light, seeing the beautiful colors of warm oranges and reds shine through before putting it back on the shelf where he found it. He’s so happy that it’s warm up here too. Sure , the shriveled heart is gross looking, but he’s not gonna complain. It’s warm enough to be comfortable.

“I find that strange.”

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Sassafras Jenkins
- Sanctuary -
Gentleman's Tavern​

The Dwarves didn't even need to say anything because as soon as she caught a glimpse of them, she knew exactly where her bird had gone, that didn't mean she couldn't be friendly to them still. Regardless of what the Dwarf said as she remained with her arm around his shoulders, the large smile kept it's place on her face. Though the expression slowly became somewhat eerie as it lingered, either from the fact that it had stayed past its time or because of the emotions broiling behind it. On the one hand, she was proud of Ralph for standing his ground, on the other, she wished he had better judgement and had instead trusted the Dwarves to take care of him. It was too bad but she was definitely grateful that at the very least, she hadn't left Nibblet behind with him. Now she just had to work on getting him back and it wasn't likely she'd be able to keep her anger in check.

"It's alright... thanks for tryin'," she gave him a smooch on the side of his head just at his temple like they were old friends even though they didn't even know each other's names, "nah... I don't wanna' drag you guys into my fight," she spoke with a voice that was deceptively chipper as she gave him a quick pat on the back when she declined his offer and moved over to the bar to call Ori's attention.

"Heya Ori! I hope you weren't too inconvenienced by the Carvers earlier on my account," she smirked slightly as she set the side pouch with little Nibblet inside on the counter, "I have a proposition for you though, if you're game?" Sassy lifted the cover of the bag so that Ori could see the little glowing eyes of her feline companion.

"This here is Nibblet and she's a good friend of mine... I wanted to know if you could maybe keep her bag under the bar and look after her while I take care of some business?" She lowered the flap and took her eyes away from the bag, looking to Ori with a slightly more serious expression, "if you keep her safe I'll have a go at fixin' that ECHO for you in return, whaddya' say?"

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Market -
" Top of Heart District "
f7da88ef993ccbc3c9369643d36c335b.jpg

L looked up, surprised at Isa. Her mouth opened as though she was about to say something, but she closed it. She looked down at the Vault Key as though she couldn't believe he easily gave it back, then her small shoulders relaxed and she looked up at Isa with more trust in her smile.

"I do know a place that's kinda safe! I hope you don't mind the smell of motor oil, Isa." and she popped the ball back inside her messy hair.

The Gentleman nodded his good-bye while the chandelier lady waved. Nicolas grinned at Sassy, then popped out his lollipop and added: "And cheers to you too, pal." to Isa.

Ori was still trying to fix his ECHO when Isa came over the bar table. " A room, let's see . . ." and he took out a ledger and thumbed through it. "We got Room Rockaby open, it's got a small balcony with a nice view of the docks, a magically locked safe, bath with hot water, and two beds, but we can rent you sleeping bags if you're having more than one company." said Ori. "Your bike we can put in the stables free of charge. Now, let's see what you got for trade!" And he readily pulled out a chest of valuables to trade with Isa until they were able to come to a satisfying exchange of trinkets and magical items to pay for the room.

"These are well preserved Mugwort and Rosemary." he took a whiff of the magical herbs a few minutes later. "Thank you, I just need you to sign in this ledger, sir . . . All set, here's your key and the key to the safe in your room, Mr. Bianchi. They've got anti-thief charms, but still don't lose them, we charge extra if you do." The keys were golden with a checkered ragnite square embedded in the bow. "So, If you require more services, don't hesitate to ask. Have a nice night, Mr. Bianchi." he smiled, and called Grug the goblin to show Isa where he could put his bike, but L said that she can do it.

"But you don't work here anymore." said Ori to the gnome.

"Yeah, but I still like to help around." shrugged L, and she showed Isa the stables, with the drow and Eric the bald man following a respectful distance behind.

There were chocobos chirp-snoring inside. L showed Isa a metal post near a stack of barrels of feeds where he could chain his bike to if he liked, before petting the sleeping chocobos, giving him a nod ("Yeah, I'll follow you! I wanna know what happened in there!"), and following him out and into the streets and to the top level of the Heart District.

She was very lively, telling Isa about the interesting things, shortcuts she liked to take, and small hidden food stalls she liked in Sanctuary, and turned on her beaming charm to a shop keeper to help him sell a . . . yodeling sword. "Where in the doodad did you get that?" she asked him, amazed, and laughed when the shopkeeper unsheathed the sword, causing it to immediately begin yodeling enthusiastically. The shop keeper looked like he regretted buying the noisy sword.

She was surprised that he was taking into consideration the women in their group and smiled warmly at him, "Ladehs will at least need a cloth divider for our side of the caravan"; "The color? You want me to choose?!" her eyes widened in glee. "If you're sure, Isa, then it should be a rainbow of colors and predominantly pink! Oooh! Like, you know, we should paint it ourselves and sign our names somewhere, but we should also leave a space in one side of the caravan in case we come up with an awesome group name and want to paint it on the caravan!" She was very enthusiastic with the caravan Isa picked, it looked so homey and she just adored it, especially when he decided to add a garden, which made her squeal and talk about planting oranges and how cool it would be if they grew a tree on their caravan and then put a tree house on it.

When they were in a glass shop, L looked up from the rat barbeque she was eating that she had bought earlier. "Oh . . . . um . . . " she looked suddenly sad. "You noticed. Well . . . Because, when the Templars put up the posters, they must've thought my friend Larc spread the word on the Vault. Our names start with the same letter." she had a melancholic smile, and seemed to be recalling a memory as she looked at the torchlight reflected on the vase. "He . . . was the leader of our group. Before we stole the Vault Key, it wasn't me. I'm . . . I'm just the only one who survived when the Templars chased us into the Badlands. Survived with my body . . . Yeah, you know, I don't really look like the leader type, so . . . yeah, e-even assembling all you people who are stronger than me. It's-it's not what I do? I'm mostly a follower type of gnome, you know? But . . . I . . . need to step up now, cuz' . . . I need to do something . . . for Larc . . . And I don't think the knowledge is anywhere else except inside that Vault. This is also the dream of my friends . . ." she looked at her rat barbeque. "You know, to not eat and live like this." she looked out of the shop where the nomads were huddling right next to the gross giant shriveled heart.

"They wanted knowledge to make life better for people, you know?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Dining Hall -
" The Gentleman's Tavern "

deec91d5e8d6dd927dc7b0fdfdae54ac.jpg
Vidya kay painted.jpg

The blonde dwarf blushed under his bristling beard. "Er, uh, ya." His fellow dwarves whistled and laughed.

After Ori got Isa settled, he smiled at Sassy in a way that he was used to stalling people of authority when they come knocking. "Well it made our patrons happier, and our pockets heavier, I'll give ya that." he chuckled as he watched them feast and order more drinks. "Oh, hellooo." he bent down to look in the bag. He looked like he didn't want to be involved with Sassy more, but at the mention of her fixing his ECHO he perked up. "Deal. Been trying all day since yesterday to get it to work. I missed last night's ECHO drama, been giving the evil eye to these darn goblins threatening to spoil me on what happened in the show."

"I hear ECHO drama." Vidya suddenly took the bar stool next to Sassy; Therias sat beside her, they had been talking earlier, with Vidya filling in on what happened inside The Gentleman's private den. "You guys have an ECHO tower here, I thought there wasn't one?"

"Not here, in the sky. Crimson Raiders in their zeppelin patrol around the area, they're probably docked north of here away from the blizzard." said Ori, gently feeling the top of the bag for Nibblet. "Will you two be getting rooms too like your friend?" he nodded at Isa.

The two ladies looked at each other. "Sure, how much is a room?" said Therias.

Vidya turned to Sassy grinning, "Hiya, didn't get to introduce myself earlier. Name's Vidya!" and she pulled down her pink glasses. "This here is Therias!" The hooded lady waved a hand without looking at Sassy as she conversed with Ori. "Way to bop that Carver on the nose!"

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Last edited:
2B19EB27-A9ED-4B71-8028-EEF44EF83707.jpeg
- Isa Bianchi -
“Shopping Spree”

“Saaa~ I just found it near a small camp of raiders. Let’s just say they were happy I left with it.” Isa’s friendly grin grew impish as he briefly explained to the cheery L. He snorted as the shop keeper unsheathes the sword, happy that he gets to troll someone else today. Then he went on his way to get more supplies prepared. As much as he likes to depend on the Gentleman for funding, the redhead knew that sort of funding is not exactly safe-proof. It won’t last forever and he likes to be slightly comfortable after this whole expedition is done and over with.

Plus having a bed is nice compared to sleeping on his bike.

Though it seems that L thought about the idea of living in the caravan a lot more than he did. The idea of having a treehouse brought a quiet smile, his mind brewing mischief within it’s depths. Later. He can play pranks later. “Hmmm~ Alright then.“ He wrote down what he wanted for the colors and how it should be painted with certain parts included, causing the decorative and sassy buff satyr wiggle in glee while the caravan builder looked at Isa with a deadpan.

“Youse surah? Pastels?”

”Shush, Tony! Let the man have his colorful self shine! —— It’ll be done by tomorrow. I’ll send Lunani to you.” Added the buff satyr before sashaying away with his tiny hooves clomping down on the floor. Tony grumbled as everyone can hear him yell and clap his hands. “Come, come! Everyone, we have a fun one this time!”

At the glass shop, Isa looked at L. A brow raised high. His frown grew solemn while listening. The redhead lolled his head, sights on a smaller glass jar, taking the same lollipop that fell on the floor out of his pocket and plopped it in his mouth. Not caring much about how gross that is. “For what it’s worth, you doing good so far. Steppin’ up and what not.”

Then he sighed, gloved hand reaching behind his head and rubbing his neck. He is not used to comforting others. It’s awkward and weird. “. . . Come on. Let’s get goin’.”

After a few quiet moments as they wondered around and Isa carefully buying what he thought was needed, he decided to ask another question. They are currently in a blacksmith, flames heating them up with loud metal being pounded by a large hammer against an anvil. “ So how did you know about our backgrounds? I was sure I stayed quiet about my specific studies.”

Suddenly L is bumped by a dirty ball of brownish fur that smelled funky. Red eyes glared at her as the bunny ears flattened down. The tiny cloak had rips and tears, held by a rough rope around the bunny’s neck and in her tightly-wound arms is a large bag of something. Isa is guessing it’s a bunny. A bunny that reached up to his knees while walking on it’s hunches. “Sorry.”

Girl bunny. It’s a girl bunny. Then she left within the crowds.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Market -
" Top of Heart District "

L looked at Isa the same way she did when he gave her back the Vault Key. She grinned. "Thanks, Isa. You know, you're way nicer than what I expected." she had given him a grosss look when he popped the dirty lollipop back into his mouth, and then just continued chewing on the tail of her rat barbeque.

At a blacksmith's shop, L rocked back and forward on the heels of her boots, humming thoughtfully with a smidget of barbeque sauce on the corner of her mouth, as she considered Isa's question --- "Oh!" she stumbled back a little, and noticed the bunny. Immediately she patted her pockets checking for anything missing and was relieved nothing was taken. "Erm, that's okay! Er, have a nice day, grumpy bunny lady!"

Quickly the drow and the Eric were at her side. "Are you alright, L?" asked the drow as Eric looked at the bunny's retreating back.

"Yeah, Faelyn, I think that bunny actually accidentally bumped me. Nothing's been stolen." she checked her pockets. Faelyn knelt and muttered a spell over the little gnome.

"Alright, good." she smiled at Isa. "We'll be nearby." And off they disappeared into the crowd as well.

L waved them goodbye and sidled next to Isa. "So, actually, I have a chest of files on you guys called Vault Hunter Secret Files! After a couple of letters exchanged between us where I was certain you and the others were serious about looking for the Vault, I paid The Gentleman to find out everything he could about you guys. But not for bad reasons!" she added hastily. "I just wanted to know if there was a possibility you could betray me . . ." she paused for a moment, then whispered. "I'm glad you're not like your uncle at all, Isa."

Katsuya Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back