• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Varstech: City of Heroes and Villains | Interest Check

StorytellerLathos

laugh hard, run fast, be kind
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Story
Heroes
For most of Varstech's lifetime superheroes have been a controversial topic, the idea of super powered beings using their powers for justice has always interested the city's government but the citizens of Varstech have feared that allowing heroes to represent the law would lead to abuse that could lead to city wide chaos. Debates on the subject raged on until the Savage Wars, when a large company funded the creation of the Defense Agency to bring superheroes together to turn the tide of the war, it was a complete success. The government soon passed the Superhero Agency Act, which allowed for superheroes to fight crime without fear of being stopped if they had a contract with an agency and an official license. Any "hero" found to be enacting justice without this license would be considered a violent criminal and could be arrested (or killed in extreme cases) if found.

Villains
For most of Varstech's lifetime villains have been petty criminals in most cases and in a few rare cases were actually somewhat dangerous. Those who could even come close to deserving the title of villain were often defeated in secret by the many vigilantes in the city, this discouraged other villains from continuing the practice and the idea of a successful villain became a ludicrous idea. That was until the Savage Wars changed everything, the villain behind the start of the war had been able to kill many vigilantes involved in the war and had done it with great style and flare. This would inspire future villains, giving them hope of becoming as successful as him and allowing the more dramatic villains to find new and creative ways to instill fear into their victims.

GM
Before I finish off the interest check I need to address the major gimmick that I'll be giving this RP. This RP switches between two different "states." the first are Times of Relative Peace, during this state the RP will take the form of a sandbox RP being open ended and allowing players to develop their own story lines, I'll come in to play NPCs that are important (such as agency leaders and famous heroes/villains) and to provide things to do when the RP slows down. The second state is called a Time of Widespread Chaos, these are basically events that can't be handled by a single agency and have the potential to destroy/enslave the world, during this state the RP will become much more structured with a story that heroes and villains can contribute to, the RP may also become more action orientated during this state. Times of Widespread Chaos aren't only organized by me, if a player has an idea for a Time of Widespread Chaos they can PM the idea to me to be discussed and, if I feel the idea is good I'll give the green light for them to go ahead and begin implementing the story. Also note that these states won't be changed instantaneously, they will instead usually be slowly moved in to in order to give players the opportunity to finish up RP interactions. In addition to this they won't be switched randomly, I'll always wait for a time when I feel it's appropriate to begin introducing the state.

If you're interested tell me here and/or put your character in the CS thread below. If there are any questions feel free to ask here.

CS Thread

This sounds interesting.

A few questions:

1 - What age range will the characters be expected to be? Teens? Twenties? Thirties? Older than that? Or are all reasonable ages allowed? (by reasonable I mean any age that would make sense)-

2 - How many characters are allowed per player? Multiple characters per player can lead to a greater variety of possibilities.

Last edited:
And you've caught my interest!
Now I need to flesh out a villain for this
This is interesting. Count me in!

Great to see this is actually generating some interest!

This sounds interesting.

A few questions:

1 - What age range will the characters be expected to be? Teens? Twenties? Thirties? Older than that? Or are all reasonable ages allowed? (by reasonable I mean any age that would make sense)-

2 - How many characters are allowed per player? Multiple characters per player can lead to a greater variety of possibilities.

I'm not looking for any particular age range for characters so any reasonable age would be allowed. Players are each allowed 3 characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back