• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

still watching fma

Elder Member
Intro
The sundering of the human alliance was all too ironic. The unity formed in the face of a demon worshipping ork tribe, lead the victors to squabble over the leftovers. Like carrion vultures they fought amongst eachother for the carcass of the rolling plains, sewing their blood and hatred into the land and dispersing anyone in their path. Generations of young men were raised with the expressed intent to fight in wars where land exchanged hands like yards in a football game. In this chaos there stands a coastal region under the control of Anthar. As opposed to jockeying for land, they chose to secure their lands and make diplomatic ties to the outside world. However, the chaos from the other tribes and settlements spills into their territory. As such they maintain a state army and a government sponsored adventurer's guild to handle problems in the form of requests. Exorcisms, taking care of bands of wolves, and exploring ships that wash ashore...all fall under purview of the adventurers.

What draws adventurers to Anthar generally is the work, freedom, and stability. In Anthar all you need to do is pick up a sword to get fed. In anthar you don't have to adhere to state drafts, but are expected to make it on your own upon arrival. And with being a neutral country comes the stability that makes it appealing to settle there. In terms of who is accepted, orcs are allowed to settle in the area if they have a weekly inspection by the state army. Certain elves and dwarves may travel for work, but the elves of Antaria are tribal and nomadic and the dwarves keep to themselves in their mines.

update
I've got 2-3 people who I think may still be playing, but theres radio silence from them. So I'm thinking of running a parallel group and may need 1 or 2 new faces for a treasure hunt.

Update: A potential pirate treasure is up for grabs, but the crew is dead and the survivors ran away. A spunky rogue named Charleena is looking to take the booty. Need 1-2 players. Starting level 2

Parallel quest: A string of merchants and farmers have been found dead or heavily injured in the southbend forest. The orks are bejng blamed for various traps, deaths, and disappearances. Your goal is to meet the ork leader and bring him back for trial. Starting level 2

Need 3 to 4 people

lUWCSJi.jpg

LgbGAqf.jpg

Last edited:
I'm interested.
If you have any ideas of what you're making, just lemme know. For instance, I can accommodate your ranger preferred land or race when making quests in the campaign if you tell me ahead of time. No rush though. I still have a week of finals to finish while I prepare. :3

I think I'll go with the not-so-unique Orc Barbarian. I haven't played D&D for a while, and this might make for a fun reintroduction. As long as it's OK with you. If it is let me know, and I'll work on a backstory for him!

I think I'll go with the not-so-unique Orc Barbarian. I haven't played D&D for a while, and this might make for a fun reintroduction. As long as it's OK with you. If it is let me know, and I'll work on a backstory for him!
Ofcourse it's okay to me. I'm just looking for peeps who are down for some good ol fashion medieval fantasy. (:

I'm not that experienced in D&D, but I'm super interested in joining this.

I'm thinking of playing a bard, as it's something I've never tried before and I'm kinda into the idea of dancing around and supporting the party. If another player wants it, I can switch to warlock, again something I haven't tried yet, or cleric, which is one of the few classes I've played before.

I'm not that experienced in D&D, but I'm super interested in joining this.

I'm thinking of playing a bard, as it's something I've never tried before and I'm kinda into the idea of dancing around and supporting the party. If another player wants it, I can switch to warlock, again something I haven't tried yet, or cleric, which is one of the few classes I've played before.
As long as someone has at the very least read the basic rules on DnD beyond and knows how to do combat and checks, I'll be happy to have em.

And that sounds fantastic. Hell give me two bards. One who is a singing dealer of death and another who is the entertaining support of the group. :3 Also lemme know if you want to use a discord or an OOC thread for communication.

RisenFromAshes RisenFromAshes Bhmbdk Bhmbdk Do you prefer an OOC on here or on discord? The majority of work stuff will be done here such as rolling and rping, but I find that discords might be better for asking questions? For instance after reading a intro post to an area, you might ask a question about it. And I can answer easier on a discord, but I have my phone, so either or is fine. It's just up to everyone how they wish to communicate out of character.

We have a potential bard, a spell caster(some flavor of it), and a front line tank. I think one or two more are needed, but we'll see.

p.s the main hub, Anthar, is up.

I think that discord would be good for the OOC. Just because it is much easier for quick call and response than this site.

As long as someone has at the very least read the basic rules on DnD beyond and knows how to do combat and checks, I'll be happy to have em.

And that sounds fantastic. Hell give me two bards. One who is a singing dealer of death and another who is the entertaining support of the group. :3 Also lemme know if you want to use a discord or an OOC thread for communication.

RisenFromAshes RisenFromAshes Bhmbdk Bhmbdk Do you prefer an OOC on here or on discord? The majority of work stuff will be done here such as rolling and rping, but I find that discords might be better for asking questions? For instance after reading a intro post to an area, you might ask a question about it. And I can answer easier on a discord, but I have my phone, so either or is fine. It's just up to everyone how they wish to communicate out of character.

We have a potential bard, a spell caster(some flavor of it), and a front line tank. I think one or two more are needed, but we'll see.

p.s the main hub, Anthar, is up.

Cool beans, I like using discord for ooc, but I can do both.

If you would be willing to take another player on, I would be down! I have some builds I want to try out through multiclassing and I could select it based on what is needed by the party :)

I've been curious at trying D&D but have never played only watch it on youtube. I have a dnd beyond account where I could make a character with the free options.

I've been curious at trying D&D but have never played only watch it on youtube. I have a dnd beyond account where I could make a character with the free options.
Sounds interesting, I didn't know they had options like that. I'll take a gander at it tomorrow. If you decide to try, just hop on in if you want.

Well we kind of have a bard, but I don't know since it's been a while since I heard from him. We need a healer or a half healer if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back