• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ๐•ง๐•’๐•ž๐•ก๐•š๐•ฃ๐•–๐•ค: ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•”๐•š๐•ฅ๐•ช'๐•ค ๐••๐•’๐•ฃ๐•œ ๐•ง๐•–๐•š๐• {๐•’๐•”๐•”๐•–๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜!}

electric

not a lurker

• 6ab300c3b382e6652e7866698ef2fee2.gif

๐•ง๐•’๐•ž๐•ก๐•š๐•ฃ๐•–๐•ค: ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•”๐•š๐•ฅ๐•ช'๐•ค ๐••๐•’๐•ฃ๐•œ ๐•ง๐•–๐•š๐•
    INTEREST CHECK

A vampire story set in modern day New York. Murder mystery meets power struggle, meets criminal behavior. If you're interested, leave a comment here to let me know :)!

**Just some FAQs that have come up :). Since there are a lot of variations between vampire stories, this is how the vampire world in our story will function. Let me know if you have any other questions so I can add them here!
DIET
  • Can vampires eat human food?
  • Yes, they can consume human food. It holds no nutritional value to them, but it wonโ€™t harm them either. Many have phased out of the habit, while others still partake in the human dining rituals either to blend in with their human counterparts, or just as a habit that they never broke.
  • Can vampires consume animal blood, or must it be human?
    • Vampires can consume animal blood, but it isnโ€™t as fulfilling as human blood, and they would need more of it to survive.
  • How frequently do the vampires feed?
    • As an estimate, every vampire typically needs to feed on human blood once every three days or so, with each feed consisting of approximately 0.5-1 liter of blood. Itโ€™s not enough blood that it would cause the average human to go into shock or die, but itโ€™s still a fairly substantial amount.
  • How do the vampires feed?
    • The vampires have venom that is released when their fangs meet human flesh, which disables the human for about thirty minutes, or so. It renders them unconscious, essentially, so they have no recollection of the attack or what happened, and the venom has healing properties that cause the puncture wound to be barely noticeable by the time the human wakes up. Itโ€™s forbidden for the vampires to feed within city limits, as itโ€™s too risky with the dense population, law enforcement presence, and surveillance. Some vampires travel out of the city to more rural areas (which isnโ€™t a horrible commute given their enhanced speed). Others take advantage of the underground blood harvesting business that the Lucinus clan facilitates, and consumes โ€œorganically sourcedโ€ blood the classy way, right out of a cup, as if it were wine.
  • Can a vampire kill a human while feeding on them?
    • Yes, it would be entirely possible for them to overfeed on a smaller sized human and accidentally kill them. Obviously frowned upon, but likely happens from time to time with inexperienced vampires.

WEAKNESSES
  • How can a vampire die?
    • A vampire can die by being stabbed in the heart with a silver stake, by being decapitated, or by being submerged in fire. Sunlight is extremely hazardous to a vampire, and unprotected exposure would be incredibly painful, but it would be more of a prolonged torture than it would be a death sentence.
  • Can the vampires go out during the day?
    • Yes, as long as they have a Daylight amulet on them, they can be exposed to sunlight with no repercussions. The daylight amulet is made of a lapis lazuli gemstone enchanted by witches

BECOMING A VAMPIRE
  • Can vampires reproduce?
    • No, vampires cannot reproduce. All vampires are turned after being bitten by another vampire.
  • How does a vampire turn a human?
    • In order to turn a human, the vampire must bite the human, fully drain them of their blood, and then bite them again, this time injecting them with a small amount of substance that is composed of vampire DNA. The human will then need to feed on human blood within 24 hours or else they will die.

THE CLANS
  • The clans in our story are essentially small subsets of bigger clans. For example, the Lucinius clan might have a network of 5,000 vampires across the globe, but throughout time, as the numbers of each clan grew, they knew that they needed to disperse in order to maintain a level of secrecy. Small colonies of each clans exist across the globe, though the sub-clans in New York are currently the most powerful colonies representing their clans.
  • Each clan probably has 20-30 vampires in New York City. There are not any other vampires within the city.

Last edited:
Oh! If you'd like the leader spot, I could totally change my role, but you'd better be a good leader *wink wonk*

Oh, snap, competition!

I literally was going down the comments to see if anyone had requested to be the leader for the Ventari and I didn't see your comment until you pointed it out haha!

You can be the leader since you asked first, I have no problem with that! I can just be a member haha :)

Oh! Well thank you! I wanted to be the leader since I was the only one in the Ventari for a while and I was, like, "Well, if I'm the only one I guess I'll be the most powerful one then!"

All roles are open to competition, I'm going to go with the application that looks like it will fit the role best and not just the first one submitted, so multiple people are welcome to try for roles until it's explicitly stated that it's been filled :). Please make sure to be detailed in your profile, as if I've never written with you before, that's all I have to "judge" your writing skills to ensure you'll be able to contribute to the story and all. Looking for a few paragraphs for both the personality and history section, which shouldn't be too hard to accomplish. Thanks all - looking forward to reading the sheets as they come in :)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back