• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Vampires (modern urban fantasy)

Mikotsuhime

Nonbinary Forest Hermit
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Ok, so the last time I tried to set up an rp on here I kinda lost my footing and it never took off, but this time I'm hoping for better luck with a different plot.

The story takes place in Sunset Bay, a small tourist-trap type city on the coast that gets loads of traffic in the summer and absolutely nothing in the winter. People love Sunset Bay for its sunny beaches and cheap hotel prices, but the city holds some darker secrets - people go missing and turn up dead here a lot. The media doesn't focus on it too much in order not to harm the lucrative tourism industry, but there is a body count in Sunset Bay that can't be ignored.

Except recently that body count has gone down. Sure, people still go missing, perhaps even more than before, but the corpses aren't showing up. The police have no idea what's going on, and neither does the populace.

Well, some of the populace doesn't know. The local vampire clan has an idea, because somebody is killing them off. Whereas Sunset Bay used to be a bit of a haven for the undead, the emergence of a hunter of some sort has whittled down their numbers to a fraction of what they used to be. The local clan is thinking of launching an investigation into the hunter, but haven't yet because of vampire bureaucracy. The hunter's guild has also decided to get involved, because this new vampire isn't a member of their organization, and they're curious about their identity.

In terms of vampire mythology, I like the idea that different bloodlines have different mythos attached to them, so you can go hog wild on how your vampire is a vampire, as long as they're still capable of blending into normal society.

I want 3-5 people max for this rp as I find any more than that gets a little bit cluttered. No limit on how many characters you can play though! Once again go hog wild, as long as you can handle it. The role of the hunter in question is going to be played by me (if I get people interested in this). If I forgot to mention anything or if you have any questions go ahead and shoot.

You know Bram and Vlad are all over this, friend. And Bram is happy to be the Guild rep, of course.

Ok! :D

Because of the nature of the role play I think it’s more fun to forego character sheets for now but if people really want to use them I can make a thread I suppose. To get things started I’ll make the rp thread.

Ok! :D

Because of the nature of the role play I think it’s more fun to forego character sheets for now but if people really want to use them I can make a thread I suppose. To get things started I’ll make the rp thread.
Aww and I had picked out a nice face claim and everything. 🤣

Anyone who's interested can just reply to the main thread whenever you feel like it. :)

Sorry, I noticed that you only really wanted 3-5 people in on this, is the link to the thread considered closed, or would additional players be welcome?

No you can join in! :) After you I think we'll be full though, at least for the time being.

Spent some time looking with no luck, but is there a OOC thread for this? Or a discord? Feels bad that sleepy people won't be here on time :<

I'm also a little in love with the fact that we don't need character sheets, I'm loving all the writing skills that need to compensate for it and reading it all with super fresh eyes like this. Bravo.

Haha, before coming to this site I honestly never used to use character sheets so it was a bit surprising to see how common they were! They can be helpful but I think sometimes it's fun to go without them. :)

Dang! Am I too late? This has peaked my interest and thought I might join...but if it's already full I will just hang back. :)

Chiyo Chiyo you know what, go ahead and join if you want to. I wanted to keep it small but I also have a terrible time turning people away lol.

I think we're a bit full at the moment. If anyone quits then you're welcome to join though.

We're full up at the moment! But if anyone quits you can join in. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back