• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Vampires-closed

dawnfire321

Novice Novelist
Vampires are a dying breed. Most of the world doesn't believe in them any more. The lore has twisted and morphed into something almost unrecognizable. Wooden stakes don't kill them. Nor does the sun. The thing with the crosses and the garlic? Absurd.

Vampires are mostly nocturnal, being in the sun pains and weakens them. It would take more exposure to the sun than a full day to kill them though. Vampires can only be killed by decapitation. When they stay out of the sun and feed regularly on fresh human blood vampires are granted super strength, speed, heightened senses. And an in human beauty. But for each life you take, you lose a part of your soul. Older vampires have no humanity, no empathy or morality. Vampires flock together in groups of about ten. Usually 1-3 vampires head the family, the rest are sired into it.

Even though most of the world has forgotten vampires, some still remember. And those that do hunt them. Hunters are the worst thing for a vampire. They know a vampire's weaknesses, they how to track them. And kill them.

An older vampire family had been living in a farmhouse in New York for over a century. The ambitious head of the family had started to sire more and more new vampires. It had swelled to nearly twenty. The family's growth was what brought the hunters. They came and killed all but the two youngest vampires.

The basic idea is two characters, genders don't matter, new to being vampires, alone without their sire to guide them. They have to learn how to avoid hunters, feed from humans, turn humans into other vampires all on their own. One thinks they should start siring vampires for their own flock right away, the other doesn't. My character would be the one who does.

The plot leaves more characters open if you prefer to rp multiple characters at once. If you are interested reply, and I'll message you to talk about characters and plot. In your reply, leave an idea for a character(does not have to be detailed or absolute) and a short writing sample.

This sounds really interesting, I would love to do this.

When you said leave an idea for a character, do you mean mine?

Well if it is mine then I am planning on being a young girl name Davina, her being one of the two youngest. She's playing everything safe, not wanting to draw any attention to herself. She feeds on humans and tries not to drain and kill them, but every time she fails and leaves them bone dry. She hate what she became, but she have no other choice but to live with it....Forever.

"I didn't ask for this..." Davina whispered to herself as she stood in front of a bloody and lifeless body of a teenage boy.

"I didn't want this...." She spoke softly again as she wiped the blood stains on her mouth with the back of her hand. Tears were streaming down her face as her eyes were still locked on the boy. He was young, probably at the same age as her. But unfortunately he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Davina tried to run away, but she can't...

His blood pumping through his veins were drawing her like moth to flames...

She tried her best, but as always she failed. Now here she is, as always regretting what she has done. Bending over she picked up his body and threw it over her shoulder with ease like he weighs nothing more than a feather. She started walking away to bury the boy as the sun would slowly rise from the horizon. Davina's heels clicking against the cold ground... In a few hours is another day.

Another day to live.... To survive.... To kill.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got chills. I'd love to write with you. Should we talk details? My character Teagan was turned about two or three months before the slaughter. She'd was a foster child and never really had a family. She never had anywhere she belonged. When she was turned, she fell in love with everything that the Joseph, the head of the family taught her about being a vampire. She went a little crazy when she had to watch her "family" die at the hands of hunters. She doesn't mind killing, enjoys it from time to time. She wants nothing more than to make her own flock of vampires and get revenge on the hunters that killed her old one.

I was thinking we could start right after the massacre, move on from there. What do you think?

I can't start tonight (I promised myself I'd be in bed an hour ago.) But I can make the thread, or you can tomorrow morning. What time zone are you?

Philippines, so my timezone is GMT + 08:00. I wouldn't really know what to post on the starter if I do make the thread. So I'll let you do that whenever you could :) Then after you made the thread and make the first post we could go on from there! Just tag me or link me to the thread. And your timezone is?

US, pacific standard time. I think that's GMT -8. I'll make the thread tomorrow morning. I'm not sure at this moment what the time difference is, but I'll figure it out soon so we can better learn when to expect each other to be online.

Guessing its around 10:30pm or so over there? Its 2:30 pm over here. So when you wake up by tomorrow no worries, I'll be on. But yeah you're right. Let's work on the time difference soon :) Have a good night!

Hey, this sounds really cool. I'd like to play as a male, but it looks like you're not looking anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back