• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Gravitational Force

Dark Lord of Creativity
As a casual enjoyer of the World of Darkness, fan of Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines, and lover of the stories and worldbuilding of the World of Darkness I'm embarking on an ambitious project.

I will be running at least one 1 on 1 (or 1 on 2 if I get two players who can work well together and meet the requirements) roleplays in which I will try to capture the feel of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines experience. There will be suspension of disbelief for such things as inventory, time management, how the night doesn't end, etc. along with missions, contacts, multiple ways of playing through, character optimization, etc to go along with that feel.

This roleplay will not involve dice or dots, instead your character's success or failure in an action will be decided by their abilities, the situation in question, and what they've done since starting. So it's entirely possible for a social character to get good at guns for example.

Players are required to have at least enough knowledge of The World of Darkness (more specifically the New one) to play a member of the Kindred. I'm totally fine with you looking things up as the game goes on, although I will ask that if you use out of character knowledge for your character's actions that you justify it in-game.

Your character will be a newly-embraced fledgling vampire making their way through a city on the brink of chaos as beings who are, were, or never were Human vie for dominance. There are numerous factions to fight or fight alongside, NPCs galore, and as many ways to play as there are ways to create a character.

There will be social encounters, combat, explosions, romance options, etc.

The character sheets for this will be personalized and I'll be working with each player to decide who embraced them and why depending on their picks for their Vampire Clan and Background.

Although this will mainly draw from Vampire: The Requiem elements from other World of Darkness properties will be used, so watch out. Just because another character isn't a Vampire doesn't mean they don't have supernatural tricks up their sleeve. Or a flamethrower. Or a family who'll miss them.

If you're interested please list your experience below along with a writing sample (it can be anything as long as it's you writing a scene of a character doing something and it's at least 4 paragraphs).

My guarantees as GM:
  • I am here to help you help us all tell the story. If you ever have questions, comments, concerns, ideas for the RP, or just want to chat I'm willing to listen and respond. Just let me know what you want or need.
  • I'm here to help. I don't kick people out for questioning me and I view player feedback as a valuable resource in making better RPs.
Your responsibilities as players:
  • You will need to be willing and able to write at least 3 detailed, literate paragraphs per main post. If a post would be smaller I'll use messaging to consolidate them into a single post.
  • You will need to let me know if you won't be able to post. As long as you let me know it's fine, but otherwise I'll eventually have to kick you out so the others can post.
  • Please try to post at least once a week.
  • No controlling another player's character without their consent.
  • If I ever tag or message you I'll need you to respond as soon as possible. Real life comes first, but please at least say if you can't respond beyond saying you have real life stuff that needs to come first.
  • Be nice to each other. If you are having problems with another player let me know and I'll see what I can do to solve it.

Feel free to ask any questions you need to, I am happy to answer them.

Name:

Appearance:

Vampire Clan: Daeva, Gangrel, Mekhet, Nosferatu, or Ventrue

Disciplines: List the order in which you're focused on your Clan's Disciplines. One will start out the one you're best at, but you'll have the opportunity to improve it and the others as you progress.

Weakness: Each Vampire Clan has a Weakness. We'll be going off the ones for Vampire: The Requiem 2nd edition, but if you want to do an original one instead for reasons of convenience or roleplaying that's fine as long as it's approved.

Age at Embrace: It's preferable that your character be between 19-28, although you might be able to make a case for an older one.

Background: This doesn't have to be too long but should give us an idea of your character's past. It would be a good idea to include events that motivate them and form their skillset here.

Personality: This is more about showing than telling, so you don't have to put much here if you can roleplay them to show it.

Quirks: What makes your character stand out? Nervous tics, distinguishing features, speech habits, etc.

Motivation: What does your character hope to accomplish? Find a cure for their condition, carve out their own power base, live in luxury, just survive, find adventure, or some combination of the above? What more do they want beyond that?

Skills: What is your character good at? Whether it's musical talent, mechanical skills, social maneuvering. or just being able to memorize lyrics to songs easily post it here. Keep in mind skills aren't universal and you can't be good at everything. Being able to play the cello won't help you with a clarinet (and muscle memory may work against you) and not every machine can be handled the same way.

Song: A song that fits the character. This isn't mandatory, but can be fun and helpful when figuring out how to play your character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back