• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

[Vampire the Requiem 2E] Ashes, Ashes, That's All There is to Eat

"Very well Master. I wish you a productive and safe evening." Darren says, hanging up the phone. He has Maurice swing him by to grab the spare car. Upon exiting the vehicle he turns around and addresses Maurice. "You have been an excellent help and I apologize on behalf of both of us for inconveniencing you. If you ever require something, do not hesitate to ask. We are brothers of the ordo and I will rush to your aid in all possible haste." He says before shutting the door, turning around, getting into the spare car and driving to Dante's place.

"The workers should be gone for the night. Just follow me."

Dante begins his usual way of getting into the secret basement of thr building where he stays. Once in there, he turns a board around with a large map of the city attached to it.

"Okay, if my hunch is correct the locations maybe the key we need to move further."

Dante begins to dot the map of the locations drawing a line connecting them first to last.

The locations, connected as Dante is attempting to, are in a vaguely circle like pattern.

(Is your all's territory marked on the map?)

(mine can be.) Darren tries to pick his brain for anything mystical that this might relate to. (2 successes)

Last edited by a moderator:
Darren recalls that circles are used in all sorts of magics and other occultish arts.  They are also used to symbolize unity.

But, more likely, they just happen to be in a shape fully encapsulated by your territory.

3 successes Investigation to see if there is a pattern to the killings, a specific order or anything that stands out

Darren realizes that there is no particular order to the deaths, however, they all appear to be centered around your territory.  It seems the hunters are centered near you.

Darren will begin to try and triangulate the possible hideout or base location for the hunters by looking at the distance between each location and where the nearest common points are as well as any form of public transportation that goes through or near each area.

(3 successes Investigation, 2 academics)

There's not really a rhyme or reason to the order if thsee killings, but the most centric points to them are either the Catholic Church, or the police station.

Darren pulls out a pen, circles the two areas and steps back, giving a brief explanation of his findings.

"I'm heading out to do recon on the church." Darren says as he turns and heads out the door.

"Darren, no. We split down the middle. Dante and you go to the church. Me and Karl go to the cops. That way, both groups are prepared."

"I didn't know you cared, Alec. After the fools outburst the other night I figured you'd jump at the chance to see me gone." Darren replies, a smirk hidden in his tone.

(Go to the character thread in the dice: characters sub-forum, it's a better place to discuss it)

Darren busts out laughing a deep belly laugh. "I think I'm actually starting to like you a bit, Alec. Oh and I made sure he paid you back for the damage. He's pouting but he'll deal with it. Come along then, Dante. We have work to do."

"Darren and I wll go to the church. Alec and Karl you two check the police station. Two birds one stone?"

"Sounds like a plan. Let's roll out. Oh, I'm driving by the way. I have a very particular taste in music." Darren says, walking towards the door. "Good luck. And don't get killed. There's been enough killing of kindred lately."

Once Dante and Darren are in the car, Darren flicks on the radio, plugs his phone into the aux cable and pushes some buttons. 'Animal' by Disturbed starts playing as he pulls away and drives towards the church.

Darren and Dante pull up to the church at 3 am.  It is abandoned at this hour, it's windows dark.  Very few people wander around at this hour as well.

Darren grabs his phone, gets out and starts walking around the building. Obfuscate 1, and listening at the windows and doors to see if he hears anything (acute senses)

(0 successes, taking critical fail)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back