• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Vampire: The masquerade

Noah Gray Silver

Whenever power fails, chaos erupts. For centuries, the Borgias family has had too much of it. Their family, strengthened by Ventrue blood, dominated Large parts of Spain and Italy. They controlled land, the military were even strengthened by the religious of the region (otherwise the domain of the Lasombra). There is always a downfall in these stories. On August 6th, the leader of this family died, the Kine were told that Alexander died of a sickness, but we know that this could never be the case. Kindred from the region are now finally free from oppression, but they have to be careful. Whenever the balance of power shifts, chaos will bring along a lot of new dangers. These lands are unstable and although there is much to be gained, there is an eternity to be lost.

--- This is a check for interest most of all, I would love to hear what would interest you in a world like the one Vampire: The masquerade sketches. I am looking to write together and set up the rest of the story for you that's set around the fall of a large family (the borgias). Logical other families would be the Banu Haqim (assasination), Hecata (death and sickness), Lasombra (religion and mystery), Ministry and the Toreador. ---

I don't mind playing some extra characters, but I would mostly like to flesh out the world according to everyone's interests and questions while setting up major plot points throughout the story. I would like to aim for around 4-6 writers, previous experience with Vampire: the masquerade is not needed, but do read up of course.

So this would have been around a dark age one, but it's actually set a bit later than that which I found interesting. Still i know of the other game that's just setting up, so let's wait for that first haha

A dark ages game? Cool. I have a awesome idea for a Lasombra percolating in my head right now.

Yeah, they're the only ones I have haha. They're pretty old (it says from 2002-2005), but they seem very interesting. If we would land on other rulesets I don't mind buying more books if you have suggestions. Sherwood Sherwood

I just wanted to make sure we were both using the same book. Are you going to allow Merits or Flaws?

Bump for this game. Anyone else wish to partake besides me an Psychie?

Yeah, i have played with merits before and they could be really fun although it takes great communication for the group.

I would like to wait a bit for the other vtm rp to get rolling if you guys don't mind.

For the texts we are using, it appears to be the Dark Ages Vampire books, not the more modern age ones, unless Noah Gray Silver Noah Gray Silver changes his mind. The DA Vamp books are out on PDF on various sites that are easy enough to get a hold of, and they can give you some good material to work with for getting a grasp on the lore of game.

Will there be Ghouls and/or Hunters in this RP?
Don't know, but since Ghouls are easy enough for any vampire to make, and there are always supernatural hunters out there, I would guess that they are good to use.

For the texts we are using, it appears to be the Dark Ages Vampire books, not the more modern age ones, unless Noah Gray Silver Noah Gray Silver changes his mind. The DA Vamp books are out on PDF on various sites that are easy enough to get a hold of, and they can give you some good material to work with for getting a grasp on the lore of game.
Yes, i highly recommend doing this!

Darrian_Gabriel Darrian_Gabriel If you need to, I can share my copy of DA Vampire and DA Companion with you on my Dropbox account. I would just need you to be willing to PM me an email that you would be willing to share for me to share the books with you. If you don't want to do so, I totally understand.

I also have the VtM modern rule book if you'd like it as a reference.

Ghouls should be logical.
Hunters might or might not smell blood when power shifts. So probably
Ok cool. I think I have enough to cobble together an interesting character. Would you be averse to a Ghoul turned Hunter, since I think Ghouls are uniquely qualified for such a vocation. I can DM you with the specifics if you'd like, see if you think the idea would fly in the mechanics of your RP. Just let me know.

Ok cool. I think I have enough to cobble together an interesting character. Would you be averse to a Ghoul turned Hunter, since I think Ghouls are uniquely qualified for such a vocation. I can DM you with the specifics if you'd like, see if you think the idea would fly in the mechanics of your RP. Just let me know.
I was under the impression that we would all be vampires, but that's just my thought.

I started going through a lot of YouTube videos regarding the source material, I feel like I have a much better understanding of the history and clans in VtM, very interesting and entertaining stuff. I sent the GM a character breakdown I came up with. I do hope this RP gets off the ground as I am very eager to get something going the WoD universe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back