• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Vampire: The Masquerade: Chapter 3: Setting Aside Grievances

Still my point stands. We both used the word "heal".
No, it doesn't really. What I'm saying is: Trying to heal an Aggravated wound without waiting a few hours first is like suicide. You might want to consider the fact that if the 5% chances you have fail, you'll be left with 15% blood left, completely starved, and unable to use disciplines or buff yourself.

If you want to play yourself, this is the best course of action. But since you're the only one voting, I might as well just take it.

5. Strike a deal with him: propose to reveal some of the Camarilla's secrets but secretly use this opportunity to take time to heal yourself.

This is a terrible idea, terrible in strategic value because sure we can trick him but we will not be able to pass the check! I propose that we enhance Our Strength and Dexterity before we engage in combat.

So my vote is now 1. And 4.

We cannot let this vampire live, and he may be the source of our problems, if he goes down so too might the undead around us. We must finish this fight quickly.

This is a terrible idea, terrible in strategic value because sure we can trick him but we will not be able to pass the check! I propose that we enhance Our Strength and Dexterity before we engage in combat.

So my vote is now 1. And 4.

We cannot let this vampire live, and he may be the source of our problems, if he goes down so too might the undead around us. We must finish this fight quickly.
Seconded. I really didn't have any other ideas and all other available ideas seemed like suicide.

Just beast him. I wanna see his eyes pop like grapes in our fingers. Or, er... Read this his eyes were popped like grapes in our fingers.

Just beast him. I wanna see his eyes pop like grapes in our fingers. Or, er... Read this his eyes were popped like grapes in our fingers.

I also agree with this so I want this to be apart of my original idea! So we buff ourselves so we're faster and stronger and we succum to the beast since it won't affect us negatively in this situation and we fight the bastard! :D

Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Archdemon Archdemon

You gave in. Your inner rage. In the back of your mind, there was a creature. You embraced the inner rage. The frenzy. The anger.

You closed your eyes for just a second only for them to open back up in a glowing, red color. You drop your katana, deeming it useless, whilst buffing your attributes; Strength and Dexterity and rush forward brandishing your fists as the only weapon you need. You felt anger, but most of all, you felt immense thirst. A hunger you haven't felt in a long time.

You unleash a barrage of furious punches and kicks at the vampire in front of you. He's more durable than you took him for. He must have enhanced his attributes too, at least his Stamina, and he seems to know the Fortitude discipline judging by how little damage your kunai did to him. That's what you think, and you want to change your tactics, but the other part of you. The one that now steers your movements... The Beast Within. It jumps at him as if trying to tackle him to the ground and tries to bite into the Kindred's shoulder. [Rolling Strength check... Outcome: Neither failure nor win.]

Your fangs sink into his shoulder for a moment, but he pushes you away in time to save himself from being drunk. You only have a very meager pint of his blood in your mouth, although the potency of a Cainite's blood is above that of a human. [+4% vitae.] In addition, it seems you've dealt a small, aggravated wound to him. Much like yours, he can't heal it. You smile openly, your tongue sliding across your fangs and tasting the blood. It is an orgasmic sensation to drink blood. Especially this. The blood of a Kindred... so refined.

The man backs off and the undead now surround you. The Beast Within was slightly satisfied. Pulling out now will be easier. Your thoughts although still maddened and ruled by a lack of sense now turn a bit clearer. You can seize control...
  1. Hold back the Beast and take back control. (Easy willpower check.)
  2. Allow the Beast to control you for as long as it can. Let the rage flow through you. This is risky, as the Beast has better instincts and is a much better warrior than you even without weapons, but the undead are numerous and tactics seem crucial...
Health: 70%
Vitae: 39%

Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Archdemon Archdemon

You gave in. Your inner rage. In the back of your mind, there was a creature. You embraced the inner rage. The frenzy. The anger.

You closed your eyes for just a second only for them to open back up in a glowing, red color. You drop your katana, deeming it useless, whilst buffing your attributes; Strength and Dexterity and rush forward brandishing your fists as the only weapon you need. You felt anger, but most of all, you felt immense thirst. A hunger you haven't felt in a long time.

You unleash a barrage of furious punches and kicks at the vampire in front of you. He's more durable than you took him for. He must have enhanced his attributes too, at least his Stamina, and he seems to know the Fortitude discipline judging by how little damage your kunai did to him. That's what you think, and you want to change your tactics, but the other part of you. The one that now steers your movements... The Beast Within. It jumps at him as if trying to tackle him to the ground and tries to bite into the Kindred's shoulder. [Rolling Strength check... Outcome: Neither failure nor win.]

Your fangs sink into his shoulder for a moment, but he pushes you away in time to save himself from being drunk. You only have a very meager pint of his blood in your mouth, although the potency of a Cainite's blood is above that of a human. [+4% vitae.] In addition, it seems you've dealt a small, aggravated wound to him. Much like yours, he can't heal it. You smile openly, your tongue sliding across your fangs and tasting the blood. It is an orgasmic sensation to drink blood. Especially this. The blood of a Kindred... so refined.

The man backs off and the undead now surround you. The Beast Within was slightly satisfied. Pulling out now will be easier. Your thoughts although still maddened and ruled by a lack of sense now turn a bit clearer. You can seize control...
  1. Hold back the Beast and take back control. (Easy willpower check.)
  2. Allow the Beast to control you for as long as it can. Let the rage flow through you. This is risky, as the Beast has better instincts and is a much better warrior than you even without weapons, but the undead are numerous and tactics seem crucial...
1. Although I want to go for two, there's too many undead creatures and The Beast would just make us rush in there to suicide.

1. Although I want to go for two, there's too many undead creatures and The Beast would just make us rush in there to suicide.
I concur. The Beast is for fighting 1 to 5 enemies of some skill, not a horde of the undead.

I want to point out our willpower, by normal standards, borders on literal fanaticism. It will be easy to take control because instead of using the standard dice pool & success rate vs. botch system of the VTM, I'm rather using a slightly altered, more Dark Heresy-esque: number vs. dice = degree of success. In this case, the roll is easy, as we simply need to roll a number under our willpower +2 meaning the only way we can lose is through incredible lack of luck.

You wrestle with your own mind. With your beastly, vampiric side. Your humanity steps in and tries to take the reigns of your body... [Easy Willpower check... Outcome: 60, 3 degrees of success.]

Within seconds, or even less, you are back in control. All you had to do was to shove the now-tired and satisfied Beast back Within your mind. It is still there. It rests. Slumbers. Satisfied, but you don't doubt that it will come back to take the steering wheel once again in the future. And who knows what happens then? Well...

Who cares?! You have a problem on hand. Picking up your katana, you ran to a more advantageous position near the place you walked into this crypt in the first place. A wave of zombies is slowly rising and regaining their motor functions, relying on muscle memory to slowly remember how to walk. Attracted by the smell of flesh, even if dead, it was not fully undead like them. You were between death and life. Your body still had minimal, fleeting life in it. Even though your mind was crushed and turned into a dark force that has to animate it, you are still between the barriers of death and life, rather than on one of the sides. The zombies deem you a good enough snack as any.

You slash your katana as far away as you can, aiming a bit up to hurt their bodies as much as possible. You extensively hurt the zombies in the front as you step back, decapitating one or two of them and making a few stop, but the shambling horde keeps advancing, one, slow step at a time. Your disciplines are useless in this situation. Dementation can't be used on mindless things, Obfuscate can only be activated if you aren't being observed in the first place, and Auspex? How are superior senses going to help you in this situation?

You must take your pick.
  1. Fight.
  2. Try to break through the horde.
  3. Go back up to the surface to get help from the other Kindred and Ghouls present.

You wrestle with your own mind. With your beastly, vampiric side. Your humanity steps in and tries to take the reigns of your body... [Easy Willpower check... Outcome: 60, 3 degrees of success.]

Within seconds, or even less, you are back in control. All you had to do was to shove the now-tired and satisfied Beast back Within your mind. It is still there. It rests. Slumbers. Satisfied, but you don't doubt that it will come back to take the steering wheel once again in the future. And who knows what happens then? Well...

Who cares?! You have a problem on hand. Picking up your katana, you ran to a more advantageous position near the place you walked into this crypt in the first place. A wave of zombies is slowly rising and regaining their motor functions, relying on muscle memory to slowly remember how to walk. Attracted by the smell of flesh, even if dead, it was not fully undead like them. You were between death and life. Your body still had minimal, fleeting life in it. Even though your mind was crushed and turned into a dark force that has to animate it, you are still between the barriers of death and life, rather than on one of the sides. The zombies deem you a good enough snack as any.

You slash your katana as far away as you can, aiming a bit up to hurt their bodies as much as possible. You extensively hurt the zombies in the front as you step back, decapitating one or two of them and making a few stop, but the shambling horde keeps advancing, one, slow step at a time. Your disciplines are useless in this situation. Dementation can't be used on mindless things, Obfuscate can only be activated if you aren't being observed in the first place, and Auspex? How are superior senses going to help you in this situation?

You must take your pick.
  1. Fight.
  3. Go back up to the surface to get help from the other Kindred and Ghouls present.
A ninja is meant for situations of stealth, not for dealing with massive numbers. Flee to the surface and inform the guards of the horde, then aid them to the best of our abilities in repelling the undead.

A ninja is meant for situations of stealth, not for dealing with massive numbers. Flee to the surface and inform the guards of the horde, then aid them to the best of our abilities in repelling the undead.
How's the plot so far by the way? Like it? Curious? Who are the mysterious Kindred? What is their Clan?! Spoopy!

Find out on the next episode of Vampire: The Masquerade!

If we leave then our vampiric friend might be gone too. And he may ruin whatever investigation we had going in the first place. If we run we are possibly going to fail our mission here.

But we also can't really fight through undead either as there is a lot of them.

So a choice we have is to break through the Horde or to fight them.

My vote goes to Breaking through, we can't let this bastard get away or else we will possibly fail our mission here, and if we kill him we get rid of the undead around us.

So I choose 2.

If we leave then our vampiric friend might be gone too. And he may ruin whatever investigation we had going in the first place. If we run we are possibly going to fail our mission here.

But we also can't really fight through undead either as there is a lot of them.

So a choice we have is to break through the Horde or to fight them.

My vote goes to Breaking through, we can't let this bastard get away or else we will possibly fail our mission here, and if we kill him we get rid of the undead around us.

So I choose 2.
I doubt it. This place has one entrance, and one exit. So it's doubtable that that vampire bastard who stole all our vitae will be able to escape. If he does, then that clearly means there's another exit. If we find that exit, it'll probably contain clues. Besides, we've all but confirmed the Giovanni had nothing to do with this.

Side note, even when we unleashed the beast, that guy tanked our shit. He'd probably wreck us considering we're only 39% full of vitae.

I doubt it. This place has one entrance, and one exit. So it's doubtable that that vampire bastard who stole all our vitae will be able to escape. If he does, then that clearly means there's another exit. If we find that exit, it'll probably contain clues. Besides, we've all but confirmed the Giovanni had nothing to do with this.

Side note, even when we unleashed the beast, that guy tanked our shit. He'd probably wreck us considering we're only 39% full of vitae.

Even if there wasn't a second entrance/exit that still means any potential evidence and stuff down here will be gone. He will probably do that to stop say anybody from tracing the evidence to say his master or whatever. I very much doubt it's just one Vampire behind this mess.

Well of course we know it isn't the Giovanni, that much is very clear.

Also we know he's tough but when we became the beast we were savage and kinda predictable. Now we are sane and we now have tactics on our side, we can get past the horde but we have to fight extremely Dirty against this Vampire or else if we leave we will face serious consequences later.

We don't know if there is another exit or not, but I'm not willing to risk that there is one and we lost a substantial amount of clues. Besides I don't think he'll expect if we just straight up rush him through all the zombies, we're kinda hurt, outnumbered, and he has the advantage. That's when I'd think my opponent would turn tail and run. We can surprise him and possibly kill him with this move.

The only problem is the unpredictable nature of the undead which may stop this plan but if it works the advantage will shift to us. I think.

You must take your pick.
  1. Fight.
3. We cannot risk our lives. We will find another trail and follow it.

Even if there wasn't a second entrance/exit that still means any potential evidence and stuff down here will be gone. He will probably do that to stop say anybody from tracing the evidence to say his master or whatever. I very much doubt it's just one Vampire behind this mess.

Well of course we know it isn't the Giovanni, that much is very clear.

Also we know he's tough but when we became the beast we were savage and kinda predictable. Now we are sane and we now have tactics on our side, we can get past the horde but we have to fight extremely Dirty against this Vampire or else if we leave we will face serious consequences later.

We don't know if there is another exit or not, but I'm not willing to risk that there is one and we lost a substantial amount of clues. Besides I don't think he'll expect if we just straight up rush him through all the zombies, we're kinda hurt, outnumbered, and he has the advantage. That's when I'd think my opponent would turn tail and run. We can surprise him and possibly kill him with this move.

The only problem is the unpredictable nature of the undead which may stop this plan but if it works the advantage will shift to us. I think.
I'll keep it on my tab to reward you people for discussing the course of action.

Concluding the vote, it seems we'll be retreating.

Too many. There's too many.

Swish. Swoosh!

Your katana flies from left to the right, and back again, and back and forth this way multiple times, leaving behind a wide, white arc and chopping small cut wounds into the undead in front of you, as well as dismembering any hands they might stick out toward you.

Swi-swoop-k'tang!

You lose control and hit a wall. Several sparks meet your eyes as the katana hits the stone. You're slowly losing your strength. Time to retreat. There is no way you can survive this alone. You have to go back up and contact the rest of the vampires. You step back, then again, and again. Quicker each time, keeping eyes on the slowly advancing horde and moving back twice as fast as before. Now that you've backed out, you're thankful you killed the zombie behind that closed door. You bet there'd be some cliche horror trope should you have not done it, like him suddenly jumping out of the door and biting you in the ankle, also immobilizing you and putting you at risk from the horde. What a relief.

Once you are in a distance you deem safe, you turn away and start running as fast as you can. Your legs are weak. Your vitae is low. You feel mildly thirsty -- you need a drink. Despite that, with willpower, you persevere and run up the stairs.

You are now out of the mausoleum. You run in the direction of Michael, who happened to be outside and looking in your direction. "A horde! A horde's coming!" you yell.

Suddenly. Zombies.

From their graves all around you, and slowly walking out of the mausoleum, a multitude of dead freaks gets up and starts following your tracks.

"Shit," Michael exclaims. You see him gesturing in some weird, mystical way -- perhaps using a discipline. Soon enough, you hear footsteps. Two ghouls run over to you with armed weapons. One of them throws you an AK47 Assault Rifle. The guard from the front of the cemetery, the Brujah kindred, as it appears, also runs over with his shotgun.
  1. Accept and use the rifle. (-1 Willpower for the rest of this chapter due to ignoring our derangement.)
  2. Stand in front of the group and fend them off with your katana.
  3. Dual-wield the rifle in one hand and the katana in the other.
  4. Do something else. (Write-in.)
RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT---TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT---TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT!!! You hear the sound of rifles firing.
K'POW---KACHING---K'POW---KACHING---K'POW---KACHING---K'POW!!! And the sound of a shotgun being fired and reloaded multiple times.
Michael takes out his handgun and starts shooting the horde too. POW-POW-POW!!!

Corpses fall and the horde is held back, but it doesn't look like it will stop for a while.
  1. Ask Michael if there's vitae anywhere around here.
    1. Ask him if you can feed from one of his ghouls. They're servants, and thus subservient to him. If you ask nice enough, he will probably allow you to do so.
  2. Run past the horde and back inside to find the perpetrator of this mess. Now the zombies are focused on getting upward and outside.
  3. Stand there and fight until they are all dead... again.
Health: 69%

I'll keep it on my tab to reward you people for discussing the course of action.

Concluding the vote, it seems we'll be retreating.

Too many. There's too many.

Swish. Swoosh!

Your katana flies from left to the right, and back again, and back and forth this way multiple times, leaving behind a wide, white arc and chopping small cut wounds into the undead in front of you, as well as dismembering any hands they might stick out toward you.

Swi-swoop-k'tang!

You lose control and hit a wall. Several sparks meet your eyes as the katana hits the stone. You're slowly losing your strength. Time to retreat. There is no way you can survive this alone. You have to go back up and contact the rest of the vampires. You step back, then again, and again. Quicker each time, keeping eyes on the slowly advancing horde and moving back twice as fast as before. Now that you've backed out, you're thankful you killed the zombie behind that closed door. You bet there'd be some cliche horror trope should you have not done it, like him suddenly jumping out of the door and biting you in the ankle, also immobilizing you and putting you at risk from the horde. What a relief.

Once you are in a distance you deem safe, you turn away and start running as fast as you can. Your legs are weak. Your vitae is low. You feel mildly thirsty -- you need a drink. Despite that, with willpower, you persevere and run up the stairs.

You are now out of the mausoleum. You run in the direction of Michael, who happened to be outside and looking in your direction. "A horde! A horde's coming!" you yell.

Suddenly. Zombies.

From their graves all around you, and slowly walking out of the mausoleum, a multitude of dead freaks gets up and starts following your tracks.

"Shit," Michael exclaims. You see him gesturing in some weird, mystical way -- perhaps using a discipline. Soon enough, you hear footsteps. Two ghouls run over to you with armed weapons. One of them throws you an AK47 Assault Rifle. The guard from the front of the cemetery, the Brujah kindred, as it appears, also runs over with his shotgun.
  1. Accept and use the rifle. (-1 Willpower for the rest of this chapter due to ignoring our derangement.)
  2. Stand in front of the group and fend them off with your katana.
  3. Dual-wield the rifle in one hand and the katana in the other.
RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT---TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT---TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT!!! You hear the sound of rifles firing.
K'POW---KACHING---K'POW---KACHING---K'POW---KACHING---K'POW!!! And the sound of a shotgun being fired and reloaded multiple times.
Michael takes out his handgun and starts shooting the horde too. POW-POW-POW!!!

Corpses fall and the horde is held back, but it doesn't look like it will stop for a while.
  1. Ask Michael if there's vitae anywhere around here.
    1. Ask him if you can feed from one of his ghouls. They're servants, and thus subservient to him. If you ask nice enough, he will probably allow you to do so.
  2. Run past the horde and back inside to find the perpetrator of this mess. Now the zombies are focused on getting upward and outside.
  3. Stand there and fight until they are all dead... again.
Health: 69%
1 and 1-1.

3, I don't think we should sacrifice our willpower for a gun, but it sure would be useful right now. Dual wielding solves that, I think, since we'll still have our katana (or maybe a kunai or something) in one hand, preserving our dementation, while still shooting at a bunch of zombies with a cool gun in the other.
Of course, I can also see our protagonist doing 2, fending them off with his katana, while maybe adding in throwing shuriken at them to help pick them off from a distance. So, right now my vote goes to 3, but it can change to 2 if others vote for 2 and we need a tiebreaker or something.
(Edit: I just realized...if taking the gun depletes our willpower even with the dual wielding, then my vote definitely goes to 2 instead. Just a thought. But if it *doesn't* deplete our willpower, then what i said above applies!)

For the next choice, 1-1 is a good idea, we need to get vitae before we start to really starve. After we're all good on vitae, we could totally do 2 if the horde is still around and it still makes sense.

Last edited:
(What would be better: A JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Quest, or an original, modern mage Quest? Since Fate/King Undisputed and Space Marine in Space aren't really active anymore, I can put one more on the graph.)

RAT-TAT-TAT-TA--TAT---TAT----TAT... You join in, firing the AK-47 with one hand and wielding your katana in the other. Your pride hurts a little, but the thought that you remain a warrior, holding onto your sword with the other hand and swiping at a rotting bastard every now and then reassures you.

Once the horde thins, you turn to Michael. "I need to feed. Can I please do so from your ghoul?"

"I'll allow it," he gestures to his servant. The ghoul walks up to you, frowning, and tilts his neck to make drinking easier.

How much do you drink? The ghoul has much better quality of blood than that bum you ate a few days ago.
  1. Just a small sip. (+5% vitae.)
  2. Two sips. (+10% vitae.)
  3. Three sips. (+15% vitae.)
  4. A whole liter. (+25% vitae.)
  5. Drink half of him. (+45% vitae.)
  6. Drink most of him. (+75% vitae. Warning: Will lead to unconsciousness & possibly health problems for the ghoul.)
  7. Drink all of him. (+90% vitae. Warning: Will lead to death in the mortal & you will lose a part of humanity due to succumbing to the Beast.)
Do you want to use this occasion to try to heal your aggravated wound?
  1. Yes. (-20% vitae. 50-50 chance to heal the wound. If you fail, you lose 15% vitae and only 5% returns.)
  2. No.
What do you do afterward?
  1. Remain up here.
  2. Go somewhere else.
    1. Back into the mausoleum.
    2. Giovanni Stronghold it is!
  3. Take anyone with you?
    1. The ghoul you just drank.
    2. The other ghoul.
    3. Michael.
    4. The Brujah.
    5. Everyone they can spare.
  4. Anything else? (Write-in.)
Health: 68%

(What would be better: A JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Quest, or an original, modern mage Quest? Since Fate/King Undisputed and Space Marine in Space aren't really active anymore, I can put one more on the graph.)

RAT-TAT-TAT-TA--TAT---TAT----TAT... You join in, firing the AK-47 with one hand and wielding your katana in the other. Your pride hurts a little, but the thought that you remain a warrior, holding onto your sword with the other hand and swiping at a rotting bastard every now and then reassures you.

Once the horde thins, you turn to Michael. "I need to feed. Can I please do so from your ghoul?"

"I'll allow it," he gestures to his servant. The ghoul walks up to you, frowning, and tilts his neck to make drinking easier.

How much do you drink? The ghoul has much better quality of blood than that bum you ate a few days ago.
  6. Drink most of him. (+75% vitae. Warning: Will lead to unconsciousness & possibly health problems for the ghoul.)
  7. Drink all of him. (+90% vitae. Warning: Will lead to death in the mortal & you will lose a part of humanity due to succumbing to the Beast.)
  1. Yes. (-20% vitae. 50-50 chance to heal the wound. If you fail, you lose 15% vitae and only 5% returns.)
  2. No.
  1. Remain up here.
  2. Go somewhere else.
  3. Take anyone with you?
    2. The other ghoul.
    3. Michael.
    4. The Brujah.
5-2-2,2

2. No.
  1. Remain up here.
  2. Go somewhere else.
  3. Take anyone with you?
    2. The other ghoul.
    3. Michael.
    4. The Brujah.
We'll drink half of him. Wouldn't want the guy to have health problems because of us. The wound's only got a 50-50 shit. Not worth it at the moment. After that, we should get the fuck back in that mausoleum with as many people as possible, and fuck that bastard till he's dead!

We'll drink half of him. Wouldn't want the guy to have health problems because of us. The wound's only got a 50-50 shit. Not worth it at the moment. After that, we should get the fuck back in that mausoleum with as many people as possible, and fuck that bastard till he's dead!

I agree with this.

Let's hope he didn't get away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back