• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Vampire: The Masquerade 20th anniversary

Airagog

And all at once, the universe groaned.
Was doing an interest check to see if anyone was wanting to join a V20 group. We already have 4 people but thankfully the campaign allows for up to 6. The setting is Seattle, Washington and the main things to know are:

The Prince is a Toreador. 6th generation. She has a 4 in humanity

The Justicar is her brother. He has a 6 in humanity.

They do not like the Sabbat.

The campaign will be half and half combat and social. If you make an entirely combative character it will bite you in the ass. Go with something that's good to roleplay.

If you're new to the system we can teach you easily. We have 2 veterans of the white wolf system and we are more than happy to teach and explain.

Yes you can be a ghoul.

Disclaimer: Drink fae blood only if you want to make me happy.

I have a great character concept that I played years ago that I'd love to brush the dust off of and run again if you guys would have me.

EDIT. I also am wondering what the format would be. I don't have a good schedule to try to use Skype or Discord for real time gaming, so I only go for Play by Post stuff.

It is play by post. Thankfully with white wolf how it's set up, you have a scene, you have an actor who takes an action and rolls for said action, then the storyteller resolves the scene, allowing for a new scene

Also: I can help immensely with character creation. I do wholeheartedly encourage not being Sabbat though unless you want to have a dismally short second life and find out what someone with 8 in celerity can do.

My concept is a undercover narcotics cop that gets made by her targets, then gets shot multiple times and left for dead in an alleyway. Refusing to die, she tries to crawl away and get some help when a mysterious figure approaches her. He looks down at her as she is bleeding out and says, "Why the hell not? You are just too stubborn to die, so let me help you out with that." He then turns her into a vampire, saying "You are now a creature of the night! Have fun!" Then he vanishes, leaving no trace.

Later on that night, she goes to the police station and runs into one of the many Ghouls that the Prince of the City has there. "Say! I didn't hear that you were getting a promotion!" He makes a motion with his hands to indicate fangs. Over the course of several hours, he is able to convince her to go see the Prince and plead her case to him. Instead of killing off the strange new vampire in front of him, he breaks out in laughter at her bravado. "I like you! You make me laugh, so I won't end you for the crimes against the Masquerade that you have committed. You do need a teacher, so I place you in the capable hands of [insert PC name here]." He looks at the other vampire, and says, "I want you to bring this Childer up to speed, and you are responsible for her actions just as if you had Embraced her yourself."

So, now that I have been a vampire for about a month, I am hunting the one that did this to me.

My concept is a undercover narcotics cop that gets made by her targets, then gets shot multiple times and left for dead in an alleyway. Refusing to die, she tries to crawl away and get some help when a mysterious figure approaches her. He looks down at her as she is bleeding out and says, "Why the hell not? You are just too stubborn to die, so let me help you out with that." He then turns her into a vampire, saying "You are now a creature of the night! Have fun!" Then he vanishes, leaving no trace.

Later on that night, she goes to the police station and runs into one of the many Ghouls that the Prince of the City has there. "Say! I didn't hear that you were getting a promotion!" He makes a motion with his hands to indicate fangs. Over the course of several hours, he is able to convince her to go see the Prince and plead her case to him. Instead of killing off the strange new vampire in front of him, he breaks out in laughter at her bravado. "I like you! You make me laugh, so I won't end you for the crimes against the Masquerade that you have committed. You do need a teacher, so I place you in the capable hands of [insert PC name here]." He looks at the other vampire, and says, "I want you to bring this Childer up to speed, and you are responsible for her actions just as if you had Embraced her yourself."

So, now that I have been a vampire for about a month, I am hunting the one that did this to me.

Probably all but the prince of the city part. The Prince is Her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth (yes the entire title matters). She's a gen 6 Toreador from about 1600. She has a 4 in humanity. She's not the kindest of vampires.

Also you didn't break any masquerade rules with that Backstory so you're fine.

Last edited:
Any rules on character creation that I need to know about? I pretty much have the character done, I just need to polish up my backstory and type her up.

Any rules on character creation that I need to know about? I pretty much have the character done, I just need to polish up my backstory and type her up.

Basic rules apply. No making an elder. No being any Sabbat clan. Follow the neonate character sheet.

I was hoping to be able to put enough points into my Generation Background to start out at 8th. Is that ok?

Hey Airagog Airagog ! Long time no see~

Hmmmm, kind of interested. While familiar with dice systems Vampire: The Masquerade would be a completely new one for me, if you're alright with helping me learn the ropes x3

I was hoping to be able to put enough points into my Generation Background to start out at 8th. Is that ok?

You can be 8th generation so long as you allocate the points for it. I'm not too worried considering that 3 users have Celerity.

Also yes, we have several new people and I'd be more than happy to teach you. I ask anyone that's new to please pm me.

Though I wholeheartedly advise statting to be combative. That is a good way to die quickly.

I have my character's first draft typed up in my Private Workshop. Would you like me to PM it to you to take a look at?

This will be a new experience for me, since I have not gamed with any of this group before. Looking forward to it.

Airagog Airagog .
I'm interested, if there's still place, although I'm relatively new to the setting.

I've played the VTM: Bloodlines game and fanatically read through the Wikia, also skimmed through the 20th Anniversary PDF, but this is a new experience to me, and I might need some help making a CS. I've got little idea about rolling die and will need some info on how to allocate dots, regardless, I've had an overall concept for several characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back