• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Vampire Corps of Eldergaard (Ooc)

Main
Here
i'm actually terrible i never finished it.
I DID see the 'that's rough buddy' episode though via our local anime club in college.
atla is definitely an anime its all good

when are we thinking the ship might arrive? cuz crane is definitely gonna come busting into that 'war room'

"Okay, focus up you incompetent monsters- Not you Cyn, you're an angel and we're thrilled you're here-"

Lol, I was just about to ask if we wanted to accelerate the ship's arrival for *fun interactions* reasons?

what no Maksim most certainly does not have *feelings* for Alyx that would be ridiculous she's the worst she's headstrong and stubborn and argumentative and insane

Also I'm planning on marching over to my parents' house and forcing all my sibs to watch ATLA now that it's on Netflix

It's such a Good Show

Teenage!Rey commiserated with angsty Zuko but Old!Rey is resonating with Iroh these days

I love Iroh so much... I marathoned the first season when it was on netflix before but never finished the series. I just don’t have the energy to watch tv shows anymore. That requires a solid attention span and I ain’t got one.

Right? I ONLY have enough attention for like one 23min kid's show these days. Like 45min adult shows STRESS ME OUT

When I was in college I binge watched 15 50 episode seasons of Kamen rider in one year! I would binge those big long Chinese dramas like ice fantasy in like a month. Nowadays anything longer than one or two episodes of procedural cop shows a week with my mom is like. Exhausting.

You don’t appreciate what you had in youth until you lose it. *nods wisely*

hey hey yall wanna be sad about zuko and iroh?

i saw a post recently that pointed out that iroh is the only person to consistently address Zuko as 'Prince Zuko'. Other fire nation characters make sure to rub it in his face that he's been exiled... but iroh knows how much that title means to zuko, so he always uses it

zuko, though- Only ever calls Iroh 'Uncle'. Not general or prince, which are his actual titles. (Azula calls him 'uncle' on occasion, but usually with a sneer)

Even those these 'titles' are on the opposite end of familiarity/formality, they are both the same... in that they are the title that means the most to the person being refered to

You watched Ice Fantasy xD I TRIED to watch that when I lived in China but I could. Not. But I have recently gotten into The Untamed but I just sit there laughing at it because some of the English translations are weird and the MC reminds me of a student that I used to hound for homework xD xD

Oof, I can't do procedurals or crime stuff anymore. Heck, I used to love the superhero stuff, but I CANNOT do all the grimdark stuff that DC is hellbent on putting out. It's not good for my mental health, lol. I need light and happy characters yes put them through the wringer but. They. Must. Be. Ok.

I watched ALL of ice fantasy. I got so invested and then after I finished it I was like ‘you know... that actually kind of sucked! A lot!!!’ And never touched it again lol. I’ve been TRYING to watch the untamed because all of my friends are going NUTS over mxtx’s novels but I’ve watched like. 10 episodes in a year lmao. I started Evernight and really liked that one, but only got a few episodes in before my ability to watch tv shows disappeared lol.

It sucks because there’s SO MANY shows I want to watch. I want to watch Oh My General and Guardian too... it’s so hard. The only show that I would actually break out of my funk for is Tientsin Mystic 2 but like... who knows when that is coming out lol.

if you want something short, light and fun I always recommend 'Galavant'- 20 min episodes, original and satirical musical numbers, kinda Monty Python meets Princess Bride vibes

It did suck so much xD xD All my students were raving about it and I was like "no, this is terrible" xD Honestly the main reason I'm enjoying The Untamed is because it is just so Chinese and I miss China so much. Like every time they eat, I'm over here drooling. And I am not kidding as soon as Wei Wuxian walked on screen I was like, "I KNOW this kid's type I taught someone exactly like him". Only downside is now I have useless Chinese phrases in my head all day long.

But I get it friend. I was Unable to watch ANYTHING for like two years. I just recently got back into watching stuff. But it apparently can only be kid's shows or Chinese dramas xD

Ooo, Galavant sounds right up my alley, I will have to try that out! Thanks for the rec!

Oh! I totally forgot. What Alyx means by "color" of the ward's energy is "wavelength". Vampires just don't really have energy wavelengths as a concept, lol.

Oh man I’ve had Galavant recommended to me so many times, and it looks so silly and fun.

Wei Wuxian is one of my favourite character archetypes because he just. Loves chaos. I did not base Leo on him EXACTLY but there are some moments where I’m like ‘hmm yeah they’re pretty similar aren’t they’.

My favourite thing about the untamed is the behind the scenes stuff where they revealed that when the actors are only in shot from the waist up, they just hiked up their costumes and left the bottom layers off because it was so hot, so you have emotional scenes where in reality they were just standing there in board shorts from the waist down lol. I’m a huge behind the scenes buff, since backstage tech was what I majored in in college.

Kids shows and Chinese dramas are what I watch most of the time ANYWAYS so I can’t even rely on that sobs. I get 10-20 episodes into a series and then I can’t do no more. Although my friend rob is trying to get me to watch all the new dr who with him, so that might kick me out of my funk.

I haven’t even finished the new castlevania season and I waited YEARS For that

Okay but when Lan’s Grand Master threw the scroll (? I think it was a scroll?) at Wei Wuxian I felt that in my SOUL because I would flick Whiteboard markers at my student all the time when he was being a little demon. Except I had better aim than the grand master 😉

Also I just started watching it a few weeks ago and no lie I was like, “that’s kinda how I pictured Leo’s hair”

Also my favorite scene to date (I’m 20 episodes in?) was when Wei Wuxian threatened to take his clothes off to get Lan Wangji to spit up the bad blood because that is 100% something Astrid would do to Alyx

Ehehehe, I love behind the scene stuff. That’s too great.

Ugggghhhh I’m sorry. Real talk tho I have also not finished the new Castlevania and I was excited for that. I am also not up to date on my Doctor Who. I got stuck on the later seasons of the eleventh doctor, lol. I want to pick it up again because I want to watch the lady doctor so much.

I TOTALLY based a lot of Leo’s hairstyles (in my head) on hairstyles from manhua and Chinese dramas lol. Not even always men’s styles, because he doesn’t give a damn Lol.

I’m on episode 8 I think! I have a basic idea of most stuff that happens because all my friends on tumblr live-blogged their readthroughs of the novel but also I don’t really wanna read it myself because the translations were done by somebody in high school and they’re... a bit rough lol.

Honestly tho starting next year when I get actual money and stuff and travel opens back up I want to go to Japan and China so bad. I’m just terrified because my Japanese is just so so and my Chinese is like. I know two words from drama osmosis maybe.

But they’re both such beautiful countries... I want to get out of Canada for the first time in my life lol.

A friend of mine did like... a big stream with one episode from each doctor and honestly my favourite of the ones we watched was twelve! I’ve seen a few thirteen episodes and they’re really good, but I love Twelve’s chaotic old man energy.

honestly i skipped some of the end of 11 and some of 12 with the plan that i would catch up someday..... and then just started watching 13 without going back, its fine

that's the nice thing about doctor who- There's clear 'jumping in' points with a new doctor or new companion, so

also i want Rose and Freddy to have been vaguely friends so that his 'oh you're barlowe's man' is more.... knowing than gigi's

I mean sure, maybe he didnt ask Lanea to prove it because he is more trusting than Gigi, or because he has magic and can see that lanea is being honest

OR

maybe he didn't ask Lanea to prove it because he was like 'tall attractive blonde? yeah, that checks out'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back