• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Vampire Corps of Eldergaard (Ooc)

Main
Here
Yeah it's Grigori!

Arthur and Clorissa together have one brain cell and today it belongs to her.

(That's mean. They're both doing their best. Finn did not send his best and brightest for this one lol. Camellia is so stressed out and tired.)

There is like. A reason for that too I promise Finn is not incompetent his dad is just a horrible horrible man.

are we wanting to resolve or escalate this stand-off?

cuz i have ideas for the former (freddy using the visor flip function of his helm to assert authority) but i would hate to cut off anything that might result in folks getting stabbed ya know

I was going to just have Alyx go barreling through, but if you want Freddy to go in there and be commanding he can go for it

i mean you may not be wrong on that account, but do we deserve to have this many characters who are actively injured?

Also are we sure we want all these people to know Freddy is not dead... could be interesting though!

Maksim would be so overly dramatic about it and might make Freddy carry him since he considers it his fault

I think Freddy could definitely go in and fix this. Clorissa is dying for this to deescalate so that might be for the best.

so i had Alyx going with freddy BUT i can edit that pretty easy if you think she would do otherwise?

also maybe arthur could stab maskim a lil bit and then have freddy interrupt? or just have arthur and maskim and clorissa do whatever interaction yall want and then presume he comes in at the best slash worst moment idk

Haha, nope, Alyx definitely would follow Freddy.

Honestly, I feel like Arthur would be more mad that Maksim changed their prince into a vampire, so I feel like this might once again be a case at which Freddy Does The Right Thing and it bites Maksim in the butt xD

OK We're getting to the separation so how do we want to split this? I think it would be very funny if Maksim ends up going with lanea and Gigi because can you imagine Astrid's reaction when she goes to get her commander and That Guy is there instead. Ok maybe more heartbreaking but also a LITTLE bit funny.

I assume we're splitting Frederick and Gigi up. So we could have certain members get away and certain members make it back to the lifeboats, or we could have the lifeboat take off without them and have Lanea and Gigi on their own.

All are options I'm cool with but I think we need to nail it down before we continue.

Astrid would be so mad. So. Mad.

I guess it sort of depends on where we want to go from here. We have ~options~

1. We have a task force that rescues the commanders and a group forming alliances with the Clans and such. We could also have Jones’ evil duo go after either group

2. The whole group does one or the other

3. we skip through all that and go straight to the final boss—I would personally advise against this because there’s a few things I haven’t had time to develop, lol

4. something else. Perhaps they end up in Allaria or something.

My overarching outline for what I was thinking was along the lines of:

alliance with clans/rescue of commanders/shenanigans —> final boss notices —> schemes set in motion —> our gang lured to capitol —> confrontation with final boss and all that entails

from there we could move on to dealing with Allaria’s issues and rebuilding diplomacy, etc if we wanted to keep the rp going (And Alyx could strangle General Vesper with her bare hands)

But I am of course open to ideas, suggestions, and input!

I like the timeline you have set up! It’s definitely been a while but we’ve had role plays go on longer and I really super love the world in this one so. I want to savour it lol.

I think it would be very funny for Arthur and/or Clorissa to end up with our group because they are not prepared for any of this and also I’ve grown fond of both of them. Oops.

hmmm how big are the lifeboats? We could have them take two separate ships because it’s a big group. Camellia is going to stay on the Griffin for now.

I was thinking one option is Lanea and Gigi could take off and get shot down and end up in Grigori territory, which would help with their politicking and aid in setting up their alliance. It would also mean the rest of them have to meet up with rose and co alone though so idk if that would work.

That could work! One thing I was thinking though is we should probably have them all meet up at some point to coordinate their plans.

I 100% support Arthur and/or Clorissa joining the vampire group because that would be funny 😂

Also I want you both to picture Alyx and Maksim wandering around Lundenburg. trying to find their people. It would be a disaster. They both would hate it so much.

Yeah perhaps they should just all meet up in Ludenberg as planned and then go from there! I imagine we could split them off into groups againonce they’ve reconvened.

Love that Freddy is trying to be impressive and authoritative with his ‘this man is under my protection’ and maskim is ARGUING like bro do you want to get stabbed?

okay sorry work got weird, have some wildly disorganized thoughts:

• freddy is def against clorissa and arthur coming with them because THATS SO MANY PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHO HE IS AND COULD TELL GIGI. He was planning on appealing to alyx with puppy dog eyes, and pointing out that gigi finding out maskim turned him into a vampire is prol not gonna be beneficial to maskim, and hoping for the best. also he wants someone to remind lord arnold that these captured fledglings are going to be allarian citizens again if gigi gets her way, so maybe dont do super unethical experiments on them? just regular unethical, please
    • obv freddy does not always (rarely ever) get what he wants, and the idea that clorissa and arthur are just interacting with gigi and assuming that she knows her brother is a) alive and b) five feet way could lead to some pure comedy, im thinking.
    • but also.... character glut. we have so many characters yall. so unless we have specific plans and plot threads for them coming with, idk if it makes sense to do so? plus if they go 'off screen' for awhile, we can just determine what they were doing after the fact and have them reappear randomly in the future when we need to deux ex machina some familiar faces
      • but its not like they cant come along for now and then take on an unspecified (or specified, if we come up with something good) mission and pop up again later anyways so
    • basically im waffling on this and can see advantages/disadvantages to either SO i guess its up to yall

• i think it does make some sense for everybody to end up in lundenburg and have a big character reunion with hugs and kisses all around, and then divide them up based on what the characters feel is most suitable (plus what we decide is more fun). like theres obv drama in keeping them apart and not allowing the groups that most want to unite (leo&astrid&alyx, crane&gigi, rose&lanea) to do so but that involves a level of preplanning that is not condusive to our rp'ing style and also we have been pretty mean to everyone so
    • also we could maybe restore 'health points' across the board if they all get a bit of r&r in lundenburg because honestly i forget who is injured and to what extent sometimes (and then they can all get beat up again without too much concern!)
    • this has been alluded to but cranes estranged/ex-wife lives in lundenburg, is a pretty strong magic user, and runs an extensive smuggling operation, so they could shelter with her and we can use her as an info-source to get the characters caught up on various events like the fallout of jorgenson's poisoning on the hand-wavey basis of 'she has many connections'
      • listen i know 'powerful older woman with questionable ethics' is one of my favorite character bases I JUST THINK THEY'RE NEAT OKAY

• i know nothing about the sizes/shapes/aesthetic of any of these ships. when we first started i was imagining mostly 'treasure planet' kind of stuff for both countries? but the ship Cyn designed seemed more... traditional scifi in the ways it was described? so i was picturing more of a small craft a la star wars or serenity. but tbh i've been imagining the Griffin as like.... a steampunk blimp? except how i (apparently incorrectly) understand blimps is that you can walk around and inhabit the 'ballon' part, which i guess is not accurate or even logical? idk i dont know anything about aircrafts
    • it would make sense for the countries to have very different aesthetics/styles because of their different 'technologies' and approaches and i guess allaria would have the more traditional 'sci fi' with enclosed metal ships and for eldergaard to have just taken the 'sea faring ship but put it in the air via magic' approach
      • BUT i do really love the treasure planet/stardust aesthetic so im conflicted
    • idk if either of you have ever read the comic 'girl genius' but the creators didnt feel it wasnt quite 'steampunk' so they coined the term 'gaslamp fantasy' and that has been kinda the short-hand for the aesthetic i imagine when im reading/writing for this rp
      • also hilarious that this is the first time we've discussed this in like 17 pages of posts, what if yall have been trying to emulate star trek and its been going straight over my head

character glut IS a thing and you are so right about that. Which is why I was hesitant. They will definitely not stick around for too long tho because I see them as more supporting characters. They could go off screen for a bit and show up again later when Rose gets back in touch with his sister, because she is their official babysitter and she HATES it.

I was thinking after the meet up Lanea would head home (possibly with a group of the others) for politicking reasons and getting his family on board with things regarding the alliance. They also have a lot of holistic knowledge which might be helpful!

i think we can definitely have our big reunion, rest and gather intel in Ludenberg and then set out for the rest of the story stuff! That sounds like a solid plan.

ok admittedly I’m a GIANT sci fi nerd which is where I kind of went with Cyn’s tech but also I tried to like imply most of his designs are like. Non-typical? Because he’s an outlier and doesn’t really follow traditions. So Finn has a lot of his stranger designs in his personal arsenal, but they don’t necessarily have to be indicitave of Allarian airship designs.

For the eldergaardians I was always sort of imagining something like Grandblue Fantasy’s Grand Cipher, where the balloon and engine are up top And the actual ship is below it. But also my brain sometimes slips back into ‘gundam’ mode and I think of the interior like a sci-fi ship. >>

OK LISTEN YALL

I have literally be waffling SO HARD on what these ships look like. My original plan was for Eldergaard to straight-up put sailing ships in the sky. Like crazy people. Because magic. (very Treasure Planet, tbh)

BUT then the science side of my brain was like "no, you can't do that"

So I was going to have Allaria have steampunk-esque blimps. But. Idk. Then I was like, "oh, crap, what do Jones and Miko think these look like because if it's this, that doesn't make sense" and then I was just SO VAGUE because. I didn't want to throw either of you off. xD (it's kinda like in the other rp where I'm like, "I should probably make a floor plan of Bram and Vlad's townhouse." But. I havent. Done that.)

Also I LOVE Girl Genius. Part of the reason I got obsessed with Gaslamp Fantasy in the first place. And yes, I picture this as a weird mix of steampunk and gaslamp fantasy.

Character Glut.

Yes. We do. My problem is I FREAKING LOVE YA'LL'S CHARACTERS and want them ALL. But indeed. We have a lot. And too many.

I also NEED to have a reunion because it is killing me. I need Gigi to know Crane isn't dead. I need Alyx and Astrid and Leo to all cry. I need Lanea to know Rose is fine. I NEED it. I also REALLY need for Astrid to momentarily think Maksim is Rose's secret boyfriend.

But yeah, we keep injuring people and being like "merely a flesh wound". I'm pretty sure all my characters are beyond exhaustion at this point.

I think meetup, perhaps hunker down with Crane's ex (honestly, the "powerful older woman with questionable ethics" is the Jones aesthetic as this point. Miko's is the Absolutely Adorable Ace, and mine is the tol/smol BFF duo), and then go off to their separate ways. As much as I would love Maksim to hang around and torment Alyx, I think I would send him off with the politics group because that's where his strengths actually lie. Plus it sounds like he will get to torment Lanea. :lenny:

Also, Jones, whenever you want to roll out your Evil (tm) duo, I will populate whatever Eldergaardians you need. After the rescue squad starts hitting ships, The Supreme General, herself, will probably want a word with them. ;)

for a moment i was gonna blame Spiderverse's Doc Ock but I'm pretty sure Maria and Annabelle and Roysa (from a medieval/politicking rp im in) all predate her so..... Delilah does have some pretty strong Doc Ock vibes tho. We'll see about this new lady (tho she's not super science-y)

so the current make up of vamps and eldergaardian officers is:
Jorgenson (fire) and Maskim (mental)
Astrid (wind/air) and Alyx (energy)
Mothgrove (fire) and Lanea (water)

yes?

I'm prol gonna change up the Evil Duo™ powers cuz i think it would make sense to have all the magic types represented in a.... unit/fleet/whatever it is that jorgenson is in charge of (i think it was five ships total so the Evil Duo™, plus some unknowns?)

Spider verse’s doc ock certainly made ME appreciate ethically dubious older science ladies. I cannot wait to meet Crane’s ex wife.

I think that sums up the magic breakdown! God we have so many characters I’m trying to make sure I remember just how many there are.

im realizing my inaccurate ideas of blimps is almost entirely due to Girl Genius and Castle Wulfenbach, so curse you foglios!

have we determined if arthur and clorissa are staying with cam or coming to lundenburg?

I’m writing down all these names y’all are mentioning because I am ALWAYS hungry for new webcomics to read.

hmmm I’m still trying to decide. We could maybe split them up so that one stays behind, giving us fewer characters for the ludenberg stuff, and they could be a hostage/source of information. But I’m not actually sure our current group would be up for hostage taking? It’s kind of a toss up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back