• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Vampire Corps of Eldergaard (Ooc)

Main
Here
i mean Gigi is not exactly a great partner herself lbr. She tends to view people as things to analyze and 'figure out', and she broke it off with her s/o to focus on war efforts when she'd already agreed to give up her title so they could be together so

oooo also if bicksley has suddenly developed anti-magic poison, which was something gigi has been researching...... and cam works for bicksley...... gigi might assume their relationship had been a fraud the whole time THE DRAMA, THE ANGST

but i feel like it would have come up at some point by now if they had a past relationship? at the very least, Gigi would feel pretty shitty about endangering Cam's brothers. unless she doesn't know they are related? presumably it would not have been a very public relationship, so very few people would know about it, much less having a 'meet the family' moment

i had kinda assumed that of the royal siblings (at least the two in play), Freddy is prol the one who would know the barlowe's best because he's been working with bicksley to chip away at the indentured-servitude thing Allaria's got going on (and consistently sabotaging it with his idealism and inability to accept compromise, but thats a diff story), so he knows the three of them are related but Gigi might not

And I thought I was being too complicated by bringing back Freddy from the dead but no, you win 😂😂

why do we make delightful plot twists like this 😂

tbf i dont really know if this works

There's no way Gigi would NOT know the barlowes are all related- Her older sister runs Allaria's espionage division, and Gigi takes assignments from her. So I'm sure Cam is hot but there's no one so attractive that Gigi would just.... Not do at least a /little/ bit of background checking before committing, you know?

Which means that Gigi does know Cyn and Rose (and Leo) are all that Cam has left for family and she's been sorta willfully endangering them- like I guess she could justify it in that she didn't know they'd be along with her and also she's already made the choice that individual lives are less important than the greater good of ending the war but STILL its very shitty of her

Finn would be close to Freddy for the purposes of abolishing bad systems but he would ALSO totally be using that connection in his entire plan to abolish the monarchy or whatever it is he's doing.

I don't know about anti magic poison! I figured Camellia would just be loading him up with regular poison which would damage the nervous system. They could find out together that it affects magic!

Finn's main goal is to figure out the vampire turning process and if they can find a way to give a human the positive physical effects of vampirism and inherited magic while also negating the blood drinking thing. Which is why Rose does not want Lanea anywhere near him despite practically hero-worshipping him. Camellia and her 'team' (who are a bunch of people who barely get along at the best of times) are working to assassinate Jorgenson while also stealing his vampire squadron for that purpose.

HMMMM I feel like Camellia would definitely be similar looking to Rose so that might not hold up. They are not identical twins but they look pretty close.

(I've been thinking their father was probably from Eldergaard which is why they're chosen often for spying missions. Camellia has more of the obvious looks than Rose, though.)

I don't know how Cam would react to the marriage breaking off is the thing. She's generally a lot more pessimistic and generally expects things to turn out bad. It's better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed! She is very good at listening and talking to people, which is why people like her generally, but she also tends to get over disappointments quick. Rose has these big dreams of making the world a better place so people won't ever suffer like him and his family but Cam just accepts that it's awful and they have to work with it.

wait how does maskim know about a possible assassin on board? ive already forgotten if they talked about this in the brig sorry

also i feel like cam and gigi having been engaged was a fun idea BUT its maybe too complicated and i dont think we have enough enthusiasm for it to overcome such logistical issues ya know?

so unless there are any objections i propose we axe that concept and we'll just have freddy and cam be hella awkward next time they interact

Lanea mentioned the assassination attempt to Maksim and Maksim was Very Excited. He was from then on the look out and got a glimpse of what she was up to once he was done being confused about why Freddy was snogging some random soldier.

Yes, the engagement IS a funny idea... but I don’t think it would work logistically. Ah well.

I also thought it would be funny to finally have somebody who has NO idea what Maksim’s power is and completely on guard for any other kind of magic but with NO idea how to shield their thoughts.

I love that Cam is like, “dammit Rose, why didn’t you get me info on this one” and it’s literally the worst one for her NOT to know as an assassin.

But Maksim is a coward at heart and does not want the scary assassin lady to hurt him. He is, however, so delighted that she is prepping for him to set her on fire.

Also Alyx would be so ticked to hear a small child shriek and then suspicious silence and investigate only to find her stupid betrothed getting garroted.

I do think it’s kind of funny that Freddy is like ‘oh no I hope I’m not leading her on’ and cam is like ‘oh no I hope I’m not leading him on’ which is peak soap opera level misunderstandings and I love it.

yesss AND reyn took my 'maskim thinks cam is leading him on for reasons of treachery and deceit' bait, we have truly woven an intricate and nonsensical web

(also yes, it is always my intention to make people sad mwahahaha)

also lets appreciate that we went four hundred posts w/out doing any significant worldbuilding on the topic of religion and then SOMEBODY had to bring jesus into it.....

LISTEN With Maksim’s personal crap he couldn’t NOT make assumptions and then be all like “NOT WITH MY FLEDGLING BIOTCH”

Also I AVOID religion in stories like the plague, ok

Religion is ok when it’s specifically made up religions is my view. Actual religions that exist start to move into weird territory.

Also I had every intention of sending Maksim to the kitchen to steal some blood for Alyx but now our Assassin Squad is in there so 😂

actually now im thinking it might make more sense for the allarians to be protestant and the eldergaardians catholic? just based off what we know of their cultures and the fact that allarians seem pretty down to mess with nature and the general order of things? also that part in derry girls where they are discussing the difference between the two and they mention that catholics like statues and ABBA, and i can see that really fitting with eldergaards vibes ya know

Lol, my original concept was more that Eldergaard believed in sort of a force that was the basis of all magic and Allaria were largely empirical—only believing in what they could measure.

But mainly that was because I LOVE playing off a culture based in science with one based in magic. They seem kind of mutually exclusive so naturally there’s conflict.

I always thought it would be kind of funny if Allaria has a strong religious presence while Eldergaard was mainly atheistic, because it seems like the opposite of what you’d expect.

although Catholics DO love their matriarchs. Can’t walk into a church without saying Mary everywhere. Fits with the female general overlord vibe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back