What's new
  • If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Vampire Chronicles/ Lestat x OC/ The Wolf

Sub Genres
Action, Adventure, Horror, Platonic, Romance

useless

✰ 愚か者

Be warned: There be potential spoilers here!

This is a very specific craving based off of Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles. I am hoping to write as an original character, and hope to find a partner interested in writing as Lestat de Lioncourt against her. I am just as willing to play as a different canon against Lestat, but the idea this thread is focused around is based on my oc.

I have read up to Armand’s book, so I consider myself well-versed enough in the series to make this work! Ideally, I would love a partner who has at least read Lestat’s book (The Vampire Lestat), but if you’ve only read Interview with the Vampire, we can make it work still, I hope!

If you are looking for anything involving sex of any kind, look elsewhere. Not only is that obviously against Gaia’s ToS, but if you’ve read Anne Rice’s books, you’ll know the vampires can’t even do the deed. What I’m seeking is more of a platonic relationship that build in trust and ‘friendship’, whatever that means to someone like Lestat…

I am willing to write on site or over Discord. Maybe email. This is up for discussion if you prefer an alternate platform.

Alright! Now that we have all of that out of the way, I’m excited to try and put my idea into words. Please note that nothing about this idea is set in stone. It’s all very much up for debate.

So, as mentioned above, I have only read up to the book The Vampire Armand, and, while the books has mentioned werewolves many times, they have never revealed any beings known to be a werewolf. So far, at least. Maybe beyond The Vampire Armand, there is mention of werewolves in greater detail? I have yet to reach that if that is the case, though, so I would like to propose my own take on werewolves, because I would like my character to be one.

Now, normally, most stories pit vampires and werewolves against one another, painting them as enemies. However, in this universe, I don’t see a need for that. If you’ve read the first three books then you know how the vampires of Anne Rice’s universe were created, and I would like to go a similar route for werewolves - only, a much more mortal, genetic route.

Thousands of years ago, a tribe of native people worshiped a very specific god - and that god was actually just an average spirit, but because spirits are childish and love to have their egos fanned and their names spread by mortals, this spirit became very powerful. Powerful enough to possess the most devoted of humans who worshiped it, though these possessions were usually brief and fleeting. The spirit craved mortal flesh, though. Craved to gather enough strength to maintain possession of a living body. So, when possessing the leader of these people, he demanded a human sacrifice be made in his name. Only, he took part in the sacrifice, devouring the flesh of the slain human, and discovering the flesh gave him great power.

I haven’t figured out the specifics yet behind shapeshifting into a wolf, but for now, we can just say that those specifics are simply unknown to any living being, as even the elder vampire who have survived Akasha’s wakening have never encountered a werewolf! There is simply very little known about them. However, at some point, this spirit fused with the human it possessed, likely through the consumption of human flesh, and gave the human the ability to shapeshift into a giant wolf - perhaps simply because the spirit had an affinity toward wolves, or because it seemed fitting to become such a man-eating beast such as this. Perhaps wolves were a menace to these ancient people, or they were revered as sacred beasts. Whatever the reason, this very mortal man was given this power. But the more he used it, and the more human flesh he consumed, the slower her aged and the more powerful he became. But he also became more fierce and impulsive, more like a wolf and much less like a human. He craved immortality, claiming he himself had become a god, and demanded constant human sacrifices be put before him.

But he never achieved immortal status. Perhaps his people feared him and they killed him, or more likely (as he would have been far more powerful than any human), he was killed by an old vampire or a whole coven of vampires who feared him. Whatever the case, he died, but he fathered many children - all of whom inherited the spirit of the ‘demon’ that had possessed him, and thus, all of whom had the ability to transform. But to do so, they had to consume human flesh. They, of course, were unaware of this, and so for thousands of years this power laid dormant in each new generation. Many bloodlines were murdered or simply ended over time, but one bloodline managed to survive the passage of time, resulting in the existence of my character.

Of course, this entire idea is up for discussion, and I have a few loose ideas as to how she and Lestat meet, but I think it could be a lot of fun! If you’re at all interested or simply have questions, please PM me!

My main (kind of long-winded) idea:

So, obviously, my gal (who will go by Moxie) would have to have consumed human flush at some point to “activate” her inherited powers. Of course, I don’t want her to be some sociopathic, cannibalistic murderer or anything like that! My thought is that she is somewhat forced into it. She lives a pretty harsh life on the streets as a member of some lowlife gang, and I’m thinking at one point during a fight she bit someone… and when their flesh was between her teeth and their blood filled her mouth, she got the strongest urge to simply bite out that chunk of flesh and, well, eat it. Obviously, the urge comes from the lingering spirit that craves flesh, urging her to eat it the same as a vampire is urged to drink blood.

This obviously did not end well for anyone. She was driven into a hunger-fueled rage, losing control likely as she transformed for the first time ever, killing anyone present - rival gangsters or otherwise. Confused and terrified, she was forced to go on the run. She had killed her enemies, but also members of her own gang, and didn’t know how to explain how she had done it. No one would believe she had just transformed into a monster and couldn’t help but kill everyone… that is, no human would.

One fateful night though, she was discovered by a small vampire coven. Remnants of what was left behind after Akasha had burned nearly the rest of their kind to ash and dust. Mind you, these would not be vampires known to or by Lestat, but they know of him - he is THE Vampire Lestat, after all! They blame Lestat for the awakening of Akasha and the tragedy that followed, as many of them lost vampires they loved to Akasha’s fire. And once they discover Moxie, the lone werewolf, they decide she could be a useful tool. Not only can she guard them during the day, but in her beast form, she can consume the corpses of their victims, easily disposing of the bodies. And they believe with her power combined with their own, they can kill Lestat, once and for all.

What’s in it for Moxie? Well, the coven provides her with money (they aren’t insanely wealthy, but have enough to pay her more than she’s ever even seen), they provide her protection, and shelter, and yes, human flesh, that she had grown quite ravenous over, to her own horror.

She doesn’t know anything about this ‘Lestat’ person, but if her vampiric cohorts want him dead, who is she to stop them? Obviously, they won’t be able to kill Lestat. He’s far more powerful than they assume. But he’s never seen a werewolf, and is bound to be very curious! And as driven as she is by greed, it wouldn’t be hard for him to pay for her loyalty after a bloody little scuffle~!

Last edited:

LadyArdent

When tempest tossed, embrace chaos.
If there was more room for option I love this idea. I commend you for this. I’ve read all the Vampire Chronicles. I’ve read the minor characters as well. The Mayfair Witch series. There is no mention of werewolves. Crazy as it is.

Anne Rice has started a Werewolf series. She made them prior to the newest Lestat additions. They don’t cross over with the vampire series at all. With your idea it’d be lovely to see her make the small crossover as she did with the witch series.

She’s my favorite author. I’m sorry if I seem a little smug about it? I’m sorry if I do. I would hope not. I use her vampire ways in my influences on my characters.

I actually admire your roleplay idea. I love the Anne Rice influences. You seem well versed in everything so far. She gives amazing detail mixed with dancing the stories together.

useless

✰ 愚か者
If there was more room for option I love this idea. I commend you for this. I’ve read all the Vampire Chronicles. I’ve read the minor characters as well. The Mayfair Witch series. There is no mention of werewolves. Crazy as it is.

Anne Rice has started a Werewolf series. She made them prior to the newest Lestat additions. They don’t cross over with the vampire series at all. With your idea it’d be lovely to see her make the small crossover as she did with the witch series.

She’s my favorite author. I’m sorry if I seem a little smug about it? I’m sorry if I do. I would hope not. I use her vampire ways in my influences on my characters.

I actually admire your roleplay idea. I love the Anne Rice influences. You seem well versed in everything so far. She gives amazing detail mixed with dancing the stories together.
Ah, I'm just very happy to find another Vampire Chronicles fan! The idea I have listed is merely one possible idea of many, and I am definitely open to discussion, but I understand if it still seems too specific for you. I haven't read the Mayfair Witches series, but am curious about it! I think once I finish the Vampire Chronicles, I'll give that series a read as well. Just because I love Anne Rice!

LadyArdent

When tempest tossed, embrace chaos.
I love her. I truly do. My mother introduced her to me as I progressed in my reading. I have even read a couple books more than once. Actually you’d need to read The Mayfair witches before you finish the chronicles. Some of the books to tie in together from those series. I haven’t read her work outside the supernatural stuff. I did read one she has under a pseudonym... it was amazing.

I’m more of a vampire character type. I’ve tried the werewolves. It’s a good idea though. I’m so glad you responded!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)