• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Vampire Academy

isax

Ten Thousand Club
Moroi: The Royals. Full breed Vampires. There are twelve Royal blood lines that take turns ruling over the vampire race. The Dragomir bloodline just so happens to be next.

Damphir: The Guardians. Half Human, Half Vampire. The sole reason of living is to protect the Royal you are assigned to after you graduate from the Academy.

Strigoi: The Fallen Ones. The vampires that kill a human for the first time. The vampires that give into temptation for the immortality and the power.

Harper Hathaway is a Damphir. Her mother is the best known Guardian out there. She has to live in her mothers shadow everyday and the only person she doesn't have to be different with is her best friend.

Rose Dragomir is a Moroi. She is the next Moroi to take responsibility and rule all vampires. She is still a teen and has a power known as Spirit. She can bring those on the verge of dying back to life. Animal or human.

These two are the best of friends. Always have been and Harper has dedicated her life to protecting Rose. They share a special bond, one that is very very rare. Harper was shadow kissed by Rose on the night the two were in a car accident. Rose brought Harper back to life and because of this, they can communicate through each others thoughts, and Harper will have moments where she can see what Rose sees. It's like they're in the same body at once.

The two ran away from the academy but were brought back. Harper was going to be expelled but Rose used her compulsion on the headmistress to let Harper off the hook. Now, they're still at the academy but the hate of many is taking a toll on Rose. Harper is falling for her personal trainer who is helping her catch up with her fighting, all while Strigoi are planning their attack on the academy. Several things are happening and the girls don't know if they will survive.

-

"Rose! Wake up!" Harper exclaimed as she looked at her best friend who was happily sleeping in her bed. She shook her head as she looked at the time. Exactly midnight. Rose was late for her magic class and Harper was late for her training session with _________. "Rose!" She exclaimed again and sat on her back with a sigh. "Head mistress of sarcasm is going to come and get you once she realizes you aren't in class and ________ is totally going to kick my ass for being late to our session." She said as she crossed her arms and screamed when she was thrown to the floor. "You know, for a princess you are really grouchy in the mornings." She said with a laugh.

( @Lexxy )

Rose groaned, lifting her head up, rolling her eyes in Harper's direction. "Right. That's why I'm grouchy," She replied with an exasperated sigh. With no motivation to get up she found no need to rush; dealing with the wrath of professors and instructors didn't send her cold blood into a momentary heated rush from her lifeless veins anymore. Wiping the sleep from her eyes she slowly found her movements again. Her sleep seemed to be her only sanctuary to peace these days; when her mind completely shut down and even then sleep wasn't always promised. "If you think that's my reason for being a grouch, I think you over looked the scheme of things." Running a brush purposely slow through her hair she looked at the both of them in the mirror, yawning dramatically as she watched her best friend grow uncomfortably anxious at their tardiness. "You can go, since you're in a hurry to see that flame of yours." Turning to Harper Rose smirked devilishly."I am sure he'll be just as anxious to see you, except he'll be ready to greet you with a healthy heaping of kick ass. Or, you could stay with me and enjoy your last drawn out moments of tranquility. Your choice. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, best friend."

Harper couldn't help but shake her head at her best friend. They truly balanced each other out and she threw herself on the bed as she yawned. "I guess I'll skip today. Have you eaten today blood sucker?" She asked with s laugh and curled up. "Sorry sorry. I'm teasing." She said with a grin. "So how're things with your mysterious yet reserved boy friend?" She asked with a laugh as she smiled gently and sighed softly as she closed her eyes. She hadn't slept in a week. She couldn't. Since she was shadow kissed by her best friend, they shared a special connection and the dreams were one of them. Dreams, thoughts, visions, they could do it all and it got tiring at times. Everyone always said having this bond was rare and special but all Harper cared about was keeping Rose safe. That's why she was training so much. She needed to be strong in case they came face to face with a strigoi. She was thinking about that as she began to doze off but the dreams consumed her. The nightmares. The car accident they were in. She shifted uncomfortably and sighed as she opened her eyes. "Some sleep would be nice." She whispered and looked at Rose. "Ya ready yet princess?"

"You ask a lot of questions that I'm not sure you want the answer too but I would have to agree that sleep would be a nice luxury, don't you think?" Let's go. I want to get this day over with." Rose snarkly replied heading for the door and not looking back. She dreaded these halls with valid hatred but had to play the part for now; there was too much going on right now to try and escape again.

Harper sighed as she looked at her best friend and followed her out of the room. She was thinking of a way out of this wretched hell they call and Academy. She was tired of being here their entire lives and she knew Rose was as well. She sighed as she left her best friend to head towards her training and when she walked in and saw Dimitri beyond angry, she bit her lip. "Dimitri, lighten up. I'm only around forty-five minutes late." She said with a grin as she sat down in the chair.

"Only 45 minutes? I doubt you would say that if it came to Rose. 'Sorry Rose, I was only 45 minutes late in protecting you from the enemy." Dimitri snarled, shaking his head in disappointment. "Get up." He demanded. "Since.you think it's okay to be late, I suppose I'll have to show you what it could cost you."

Harper groaned as she stood up but had her guard up the entire time. She wasn't feeling this training session and when she heard a scream, she closed her eyes to make sure Rose was alright. This wasn't good. She hated sharing this bond at times but she was able to find out that the scream was out of excitement. A fake one. Only Rose would do that. She laughed softly but when she opened her eyes, she felt weak. She looked at Dimitri and looked away. "What're you looking at?" She asked and then grabbed him as she pinned him to the floor. "How's that for late?" She asked with a grin.

"Not at all impressive." Her instructor shot back, in a sly movement Dimitri switched places with his young student. "You still have a lot to learn. Don't be so full of yourself." Getting up he glared down at her and released his tight grip. "You might want to think twice before you move miss Gaurdian or it could cost someone their life."

Last edited by a moderator:
Harper groaned as she looked at him and rolled her eyes as she looked away and stood up quickly. She then kicked him to cause him to collapse to the ground. She was exhausted but she grinned and gasped as she fell to the ground him and laughed as she met his eyes. "You're truly something." She said and continued to pin him to the ground. "But you're slow."

"Or so you think." Picking Harper up He threw her small frame across the room, full force to teach her a lesson. "Your enemy will have no mercy, especially when you're protecting royality. So next time you're late, think about what it felt like to be deceived ass you let your enemy take the victory of a life you were meant to protect. You're dismissed. You might want to train a little harder outside of class."

Harper groaned as she slowly moved and slowly stood up as she looked at Dimitri and hissed until she sae someone looking over at him and rolled her eyes as she saw one of the other royals walk in. "What a weakling. She won't be able to keep Rose safe." She said and Harper clenched her firsts as she took a deep breath and looked at Dimitri.

"I wouldn't doubt her abilities unless you want her to use them, on you. She has a way of showing what's she's made of and based on personal experience, she's made of fierceness and instructability. She's weak because she's Gaurdian to one of the most powerful in the royal blood line, don't criticise unless you have any idea the level of strenuous capability a 'weakling' goes through."

The royal simply laughed as she shook her head and rolled her eyes. "She's nothing compared to her mother." She said simply and before they knew it, Harper had her pinned against the wall but the throat. "Why don't you just shut your mouth." She said and blinked when she felt a hand on her shoulder, slowly letting go and watching the Royal run off. She sighed as she looked at Dimitri and then looked away. "She deserved it." She said simply and walked out with a sigh. She seriously hated this academy.

Dimitri shook his head at Harper and rubbed his neck uncomfortably as she walked away. That girl was really something, definatley not a forced to be reckoned with once she mastered her full strength from her training. "Someone pray for us all," He whispered, watching her walk away in triumph, enjoying her not so silent victory.

When Harper returned to her regular classes, she didn't pay attention as always. She was tired of this academy and when all the Vamps were asleep when the sun rose, she was sitting in the garden as she closed her eyes and let the sun soak her. She hadn't checked on Rose but she knew she was okay. She was sleeping anyways. She sighed as she opened her eyes and noticed Dimitri watching from afar. She couldn't help but laugh and shake her head as she stood up and walked over. "Shouldn't you be asleep like all the others?" She asked teasingly.

"What do I look like? A vanpire?" He called back, coming to sit beside her. "I guess I could be but I would hate to give in to the largest sterotype of our existence and avoid the sun when there are more important things to discuss." Drawing out his breath Dimitri let the silence linger before continuing. "Harper, I don't think you know just yet how powerful you really are and if you do, you're denying it. Which is okay, you're still learning but that doesn't mean you can choke the life out of someone when they press your buttons as much as qe wpuld all like too when it happens."

Harper sighed as she continued to close her eyes and let the sun soak her body. She missed the sun. She missed being away from this damn academy. "I miss the sun on the beach. I would be there right now if you hadn't found us." She said simply and then sighed as she opened her eyes and looked at him. "I'm not oblivious. I know my strength is there, I just choose to deny it. I don't want to end up being my mother. I don't want all the praise. Hell, I won't even get praise. All I want is to protect Rose and she isn't safe here. She isn't safe anywhere and I know she's the next in line to the throne but she hasn't even been given the chance to just live." She said and then looked away. "There's a reason I'm not acknowledging everything. The minute I do is when the headmistress will see and graduate Rose and I early. I don't want that." She whispered and sighed.

Dimitri blinked at the young girl comprehending what she just said. "So rebellious, be careful Harper. Thinking like that can get you into trouble. But being like your mother is not a bad thing. Your mom is an incredible force, just like you and contrary to what you believe, being here is the safest place for Rose right now; you don't have complete control of your own strength yet. You still have things to learn before she can completely trust her life to you."

Harper couldn't help but grit her teeth as she stood up and looked at him. "You're like all the others, and here I thought you were different. I can keep her safe. I did it for a whole fucking three years!" She exclaimed but took a deep breath as she saw the female who adored Dimitri walking over. "Good night." She whispered softly and walked away, dropping her bracelet without noticing as she kept walking. Hannah walked over and laughed softly. "Anger little miss know it all?" She asked Dimitri with an amused laugh.

Once Harper was back in the building, she went to her dorm and winced as she saw the nightmare Rose was having within her thoughts. She quickly ran over and woke her up. "Rose!" She exclaimed and sighed when she was looking at her. "Another nightmare." Harper whispered as she looked at her bleeding arm. Sometimes the nightmares were so real that she became hurt physically.

Rose woke from her sleep in a horrified notion. Catching her breathe her eyes darted from the corners of the room, not seeing Harper standing right over her until she jolted from someone grabbing her arm. Looking down, she saw the blood and sighed irritably in frusteration. Looking up to her best friend she just shook her head, she couldn't do this anymore. It was too much. She didn't feel like she belonged here and they were forcing her to stay.

Harper knew exactly what her best friend was thinking and she sighed as she went to patch up the cuts and walked back over as she sat in bed and held her. She was tired. "We'll leave again. Sooner then we said earlier." She whispered as she closed her eyes and then stood up to walk to her bed as she stared at the ceiling. "You're all I have. I'll protect you Rose.." She whispered and closed her eyes. She didn't want this at all. She wanted to leave but Dimitri would hate her.

Rose didn't sleep anymore after that, in fear of what else she would do to herself in her night terrors. She sat up in her bed and watched Harper sleep. She knew she was exhausted, they both fed off each other's sluggishness and it was taking a toll on them both. Rose felt guilty her best friend had to endure so much because of her, it made her heart ache thinking about it; Harper was never given the chance to live for herself, everything she did was for Rose to protect her and in Rose's eyes it wasn't fair. The emotions she felt were overwhelming and she couldn't hold it back anymore, she cried silently, trying her hardest to repress it to not wake Harper.

Harper stirred in her sleep as she felt her best friends emotions inside. She slowly opened her eyes and looked over at her as she quickly ran over and held her. "Rose, Rose it's okay." She whispered, not even asking what was wrong because she knew exactly what it was. "Hey now, don't think like that please. I don't mind being your protector. I am living for myself but I'm also living for you Rose. You're my best friend. Even if I wasn't your guardian I would still throw myself in front of you and take a bullet. None of this guardian stuff means anything remember? When we were living it up in Chicago, we were perfectly fine. We still are and I promise we will go back to normal soon." She whispered

Rose shook her head and breathed back her tears. "Can't you see? There is no normal for us here, or anywhere. We aren't meant to live like that forever and you know it. You know we'll always end up right back here." Looking away from her besr frond she laid back down into the pillow. "You don't owe me anything Harper. You don't have to live your external life glued to my side. You deserve better than that. This isn't fair to you."

Harper sighed as she looked at her best friend and held her hand, leaning her head against the wall as she closed her eyes and tried not to cry. All her emotions were mushing together and it was frustrating her. Harper wasn't one who enjoyed emotions and she sighed as she looked at Rose. "Rose, that's my life. That's every guardians life. We live to protect. I don't see it was a job, I see it as keep my best friend safe. How many guardians and moroi can you look at and say they're best friends, because they're not. We're different and I love you. Please get some rest." She whispered and slowly stood up. "It's still early. I'll be back." She whispered and kissed her best friends forehead as she walked out of their room and sighed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back