• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Valorous Order: Insignius Blade
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

This project has been privated.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
PROLOGU
E
RECRUITMEN
T

Everlasting Strife for Amnesty
Dietrich Lexcher
★★★★★★
Male / Exhelian / 274 (November 6th, 435 EC)
Kriegsheld Cadre | 7th Arclight
Senior Nobility / Cryomancy / 180 cm / 73 kg
Imperial Securities Headquarters, Seraphiel City, Aucteraden | Emiya Shin Emiya Shin
"Cecilia Ravenholm. An exceptional field agent recommended by the Chief Director of the Imperial Security Directorate, Ms. Electra Greyhardt. Affinity: Geomancy. A noble blood with an Exousiarch that has yet to reach the tertiary phase, despite being suitable for an upgrade according to their general statistics. How unfortunate."

The soothing and elegant voice of the black-haired individual would catch Cecila off guard, catching her during her break from duty in the middle of the afternoon. The seemingly young man hadn't introduced himself despite notifying the other party about their identity, almost as if he had her entire personal documents in his hands. Upon speculation, it was obvious that he was reading from a piece of paper stapled on a binder, most likely her identifications printed on it.

After a second of closing the binder on his hands, he smiled and extended his hand forward to introduce himself to the field agent. An odd encounter, but at least the man was capable of normal introductions.

"Dietrich Lexcher, from the Kriegsheld organization. I am an auditor for the Collbrande of Aucteraden, Draigh Kaiser. You wouldn't mind sharing some of your time for a little chat, would you?"

Last edited:
Disillusioned Defender
Cecilia Ravenholm
★★★★★★
Female / Demonoid / 32 (April 23rd, 677 EC)
Imperial Security Directorate | "Normal Agent"
Nobility / Geomancy / 172 cm / ?? kg
Imperial Securities Headquarters, Seraphiel City, Aucteraden | Interactions: Novelight Novelight
It was another slow day at the headquarters of ISD. As usual, Cecilia sat alone in the cafeteria, sipping a cup of black coffee. Her amber colored eyes were fixated on the display screen of her smartphone, reading through an article about the latest electromagnetic sniper rifle. The white-haired Demonoid lets out a disappointed tch, as the article rambled about its design and how it penetrated several state of the art body armors.

Just she was about to take another sip of her coffee, Cecilia heard the elegant voice of a young man suddenly pouring her details without any concern of her privacy. Goddamn it! This is a public cafeteria, not your damn house! With a frown and an annoyed sigh, the Demonoid lowered her cup, as she looked at the dark haired Exhelian with a document binder in front of her. After he introduced himself as Dietrich Lexcher, Cecilia stood up with a forced smile and returned the handshake, begrudgingly. She cannot afford to offend an auditor from the Collbrande, can she?

"Good afternoon, Mr. Lexcher." She replied professionally, after giving Dietrich a firm handshake. "I believe I can spare a few moments for you, especially that Ms. Grayhardt was informed of your arrival."

Cecilia then released her right hand, waiting for Dietrich's explanation about his sudden arrival to interview her.

Dietrich Lexcher
★★★★★★
Imperial Securities Headquarters, Seraphiel City, Aucteraden | Emiya Shin Emiya Shin
Dietrich reassured her with a warm smile of his best efforts, although he was no stranger of crticism regarding his facial expressions being strangely artificial. Nevertheless, he found himself taking a seat nearby the field agent, gesturing her to do the same after standing up to exchange handshakes.

"Hah. I suppose an 'auditor' would be an incorrect term for what my true purpose is in the organization. Rest assured, I am not here to check on your annual performance. To get straight into the point, I've been assigned as a recruiter for potential agents that could... 'aid' in our Collbrande's efforts."

Dietrich placed the black binder filled with documents and legal papers onto the table between them, opening it for her to see the pile of papers with classified information all to see, something only the director and the provincial cabinet could authorize for observation. He continued to rummage through the pile until he found the topic of the subject, an individual with a black border for the rank, and a blurry image that barely showed the person's face.

"Sanguinum is quite the beautiful province if you had the pleasure of taking a vacation into our neighboring province. Night as dark as the crows and city lights that represents the province's nocturnal lifestyle. How I miss that place, having been there once in my entire lifetime."

Dietrich chuckled and shook his head, "Once corrupted by the greed of the Feuersturm family, I'm sure even you have heard about their downfall, yes? Including the incident that had occurred several years ago in the Feuersturm Estate. A fair lady named Sertoria Feuersturm. Otherwise known as the Phoenix of Ignitus by the locals that had witnessed her destruction."

He wanted her to read the documents herself and slid the papers closer for her to read. Although there wasn't much to read. With a quick skim Cecila would know that the perpetrator burned down the estate that was formerly her home and brutally murdered more than half her household, and continued her rampage across Sanguinum by terrorizing the province with her everlasting flames. Several investigations led to her being involved with the criminal organization known as the Golden Path, despite it having disbanded years ago after the mysterious death of its leader and several members.

Dietrich smirked, "This investigation was transferred to us for the Kriegshelds to continue. Several other paramilitary forces are also being called to aid in our endeavor. If you were to ask why, well, that would be because Sertoria Feuersturm has recently been branded as an SS-rank threat against national security. A double promotion from her previous A-rank, it's quite the jump wouldn't you agree?"

Disillusioned Defender
Cecilia Ravenholm
★★★★★★
Imperial Securities Headquarters, Seraphiel City, Aucteraden | Interactions: Novelight Novelight
Dietrich lets out a radiant smile to Cecilia, and it compelled the Demonoid to do the same, although her return smile was a forced one. The pair then sat close to each other, with Dietrich explaining his purpose for this abrupt... meeting. At first, Cecilia listened to his words about how Sanguinum was this and that with some disinterest. However, when Dietrich started entering the controversial topic that is Sertoria Feuersturm, she instinctively checked her environment around her, making sure that nobody is eavesdropping their conversation.

Cecilia's gaze then moved to the documents that Dietrich had passed to her. Without a single word, she quickly skimmed through the contents, and it was disturbing enough to cause some anxiety to the Demonoid. The rumors were indeed true, after all. What had actually happened to Sertoria? Did she end up being disillusioned with her own family so much, that she wanted to eradicate her own bloodline?

The white-haired Demonoid placed the documents on the marble table, before shifting her focus back to Dietrich.

"Yes. It is indeed quite the jump for Sertoria Feuersturm. Perhaps she has found a way to strengthen herself, or got herself an ally. As a result, the Collbrande deems her as one of the highest threat to Empyria. Though..."

She changed the topic. "...Why me? I believe that there is someone else who are more... martial focused than I do, like my coworkers for example. I also heard rumors that the Phoenix of Ignitus has evaded capture several times."

Cecilia then sipped her cup of coffee, waiting for Dietrich to explain his motives once more.

Dietrich Lexcher
★★★★★★
"Because we cannot risk deploying commoners without Exousiarchs to operate in this investigation, other than specially geared operatives meant for standard crowd control." Dietrich continued as he tapped on the part of Sertoria's document that explained her abilities, "There is a reason why us, the Kriegshelds, who are mostly belonging to the noble bloodline, are chosen for our line of work."

Sertoria Feuersturm's Exousiarch, Ephemeral Ashes, was one of the most feared powers in the underworld. With flames considered on par with high-tier empyromantic spells, her capabilities for destruction were endless, as the only means of capture was to forcefully extract her Exousiarch using the Soulburner and detain her after immobilizing her incarce circuits.

That was the only and safe method of detaining the individual, as long as the government commands that she is to be wanted alive, no matter the cost.

"Out of the 150 nobles that had existed throughout the Empire's history, a mere half of that number are still active after the Second Great War. Surely, you understand that the ISD normally does not attract many noble births due to the dangerous nature of their work. All nobility have one quality in common: they value their life more so than the average commoner. Not because of their privileges but because of their Exousiarch... Besides. This could be a great opportunity for you to work with us, Ms. Ravenholm. The Kriegshelds Cadre directly serves the command of the Collbrande of our dear province, and he happens to be a student of revelation, one of the Cardinals of the CCO. This means that good performance would warrant a possible... 'upgrade' for your abilities."

Dietrich smiled again and retrieved the documents from her view and returned it to their respective folders, having shown her enough of Sertoria's documents. "A noble can go very far with their third phase unleashed. As a fellow noble of similar backgrounds, I can attest that this offer will be life-changing once the investigation concludes."

He rose from his seat and extended his hand, "Of course, you are free to decline this centenary offer, if you see no point in climbing the ladder of our meritocratic hierarchy."

Disillusioned Defender
Cecilia Ravenholm
★★★★★★
Cecilia listened intently to Dietrich, observing his body languages and speech. It seemed that the white-haired Demonoid was chosen for the job due to the fact that she is a Noble who is stuck at the second phase of Exousiarch, and an ISD agent with some track records. Dietrich was right about the Nobles being mostly bunch of cowards, as she remembered most of them tried to aim for corporate or R&D sectors.

When the Auditor of Collbrande stood up from his seat, Cecilia did the same as well. However, she did not return his handshake. Once a group of ISD agents have passed by their table, Cecilia started giving her thoughts.

"If I have a choice, Mr. Lexcher, I would have opened a pastry shop at the countrysides in Elesrith. Alas, things were not as simple as they seemed, and thus, here I am, as an ISD agent."

She took a brief pause, looking at her environment once more.

Cecilia then continued on with her words, as calmly as possible. "You do know the reason why I returned to ISD, don't you? I believe that apprehending Sertoria and confiscating her Exousiarch is a way for me to atone what I have done back in Akashic Records. Also, are you sure that I'm in a position to reject an offer like that from the Collbrande?"

The white haired Demonoid once again waited for Dietrich's response.

Last edited:
Dietrich Lexcher
★★★★★★
Dietrich nodded, "A self redemption or not, our primary objective is to cease terrorism caused by a deranged arsonist. I have looked into your documents, Ms. Ravenholm. I wouldn't be here if I suspected that you were someone of hidden mischief."

Being judgmental about someone's character wasn't Dietrich's thing, and he desired no more than to give people chances as heavily believed in growth through experiences. Especially for those who found themselves in deep despair, such as himself several decades ago. It wasn't to say that he saw himself in Cecilia's eyes, but at the end of the day, he desired no more than to help those in need, especially when he clearly had the power to do so.

She wasn't weak, nor was she clueless about her surroundings. But he knew when someone suffered from a misfortune. Having read her background numerous times to properly understand, there was a reason why he chose here to become part of the team, opposed to the others who are more drawn in to the idea of fame and wealth.

He responded and continued shortly afterward after a quick chuckle, "A choice is our greatest value in life. To rid someone of their freedom to choose is to break the oath that the Founding Empress once allowed us the privilege to have." He rambled.

"Regardless, I take this as your acceptance into our squad? If that's the case, I suppose we should celebrate and introduce you to our team as soon as possible. After all, time is that of the essence and unfortunately, we're quite impatient to conclude this investigation as soon as possible."

Dietrich formed a genuine smile and stood from his seat, his hand still in the air for her to accept the handshake. "Please, call me Dietrich until the investigation is over. I look forward to your endeavors, truly. Perhaps once this has concluded, you can start your dream of opening up that pastry shop, as you've stated before."

Disillusioned Defender
Cecilia Ravenholm
★★★★★★
Cecilia once again focused on Dietrich, as he explained himself in a professional yet relaxed manner. The white-haired Demonoid was chosen for the big job due to her background after all. She furrowed her brows, weighing her choice in this current situation. Although Dietrich already thought that Cecilia has accepted the offer, the stoic Demonoid still felt some insecurities in taking up the role. Can she really be pardoned after apprehending a major threat? Or maybe she can get a chance to visit that poor subject from Incident #33?

Either way, refusing this order also means that Cecilia will be stuck on a pseudo house arrest in ISD for who knows how long. Yes, the investigation could get her killed too, knowing how strong Sertoria is. But does she really want to stay as an assistant to a quartermaster who is a newbie for possibly a long period of time?

After what it seemed to be a noticeable silence, Cecilia finally shook Dietrich's extended right hand.

"... I accept your offer, Dietrich. I hope... we can get along with each other."

EISENDRACHE
N
IMPERIUS, ELESRIT
H

Grandknight of Kaiser
Claudwin Liberalis
★★★★★★
Male / Revenant / 200~
Kriegsheld Cadre | 1st Arclight
High Nobility / Geomancy / 183 cm / 75 kg
Emperion Palace, Imperius, Elesrith | Interactions: Panther Panther
The descending summer breeze waved past the illustrious 1st Arclight, severing the iota amount of anxiety that had worried him in the morning, despite his near eternal age that would make many assume that he had long forgotten those emotions. Though he believed that such thoughts were idiotic, age had nothing to do with one's confidence, especially when dealing with matters that were clearly above your league. No matter the times or experiences, anxiety could strike us at all times. That was certainly true for the former head of the Liberalis family at the least.

Having consumed his morning meal provided to him by the fine cooks of the Emperion Palace, Claudwin hurriedly made preparations for his trip that he had planned to go with his old friend. Surely, his usual business suit wouldn't suffice when one will attempt to hike the mountains of Eisendrachen. If he had known that it would come to this, he would've prepared some winter clothes suitable for the job. Embarrassingly, he had no choice but to ask the respectful Magnus to borrow some of his attire before he would meet with Aldous Faust outside the Emperion Palace, where a land vehicle was waiting for the two to make their appearance.

Claudwin handed his suitcase to the chauffeur and thanked him properly, before turning his attention to his company for the week. "Do you visit that mountain annually?" Claudwin would ask as the two awaited for their signal to enter the vehicle outside, "That is a difficult task to comply with, I would assume. Draigk Vanir is not a dragon that most wish to see when hiking the snowy terrains. Especially you, who is tasked to proceed beyond the legal zone to deliver a banquette of flowers that may as well be dead by the time you reach your destination. You are truly a warrior worthy of the title of a Vanguard, Aldous."

Last edited:
Bismarck’s Crimson Flame
Aldous Faust
★★★★★
Male / Exhelian / 200+
Vanguards of Imperius | Grand Servitor and Vanguard Superior
Nobility / Pyromancy / 182.88 cm / 72.6 kg
Emperion Palace, Imperius, Elesrith, Mainland Agartha | Interactions: Novelight Novelight
Aldous is dressed in thick winter clothing, granted his command of pyromancy would’ve done the trick for the both of them but still, proper attire synergizes with proper magic when going up Eisendrachen to his perspective. Other than his clothing, he also has a hiking backpack with enough supplies and an enchanted chest that contained and preserved the items that Evelyn wanted to give to her ancestor that resided in the mountains. The next legs of the journey would have Aldous rely on his fire elementals to serve as mobile campfires, protectors, and even as baggage carriers.

He did this yearly so this was routine for him. Eat breakfast, take a shower, dry the hair, and get dressed. The items and other necessities were always prepared days in advance so that all Aldous had to do was a short morning routine and off he goes to the harrowing mountain of Eisendrachen. Aldous looks at Claudwin with a smile, “I do this every year so the compliment is somewhat lost on me but I thank you.” He chuckles, “I even have special beacons that mark my paths to form trails that I always took so I don’t get lost. I routinely replace them every few years, one annual trek also means an annual replacement of the beacons on the trail I take since Eisendrachen is unforgiving, what with Draigk Vanir flying around. Caves have always been my best friend when it came to camping, only the small ones though.”

He sighs, continuing as he watched the last few supplies were loaded, “Onto delivery, Ol’Solomon has special markers that lead to him. We both agreed ages ago that we’d help find each other. I bet he knows his way up and down the mountain, I’ve just never seen it in action because he never strays too far from his den. If only someone could put a teleportation beacon to there that's connected to some discreet spot or secret corner of the Palace, we wouldn’t be going through this. I wouldn’t be going through this. But where’s the fun in that?” He smirks.

Grandknight of Kaiser
Claudwin Liberalis
★★★★★★
Male / Revenant / 200~
Claudwin nodded and chuckled along in silent response, as the two shortly afterward entered the vehicle that would take them to the nearest safety point of Eisendrachen, which was thankfully closer to the Emperion Palace than he had thought. The chauffeur reported that due to the lack of traffic, the road to the mountain of the Iron Dragon would thankfully be short, much to their gratitude. Soon after as the vehicle began to enter the road, the two men began their conversation regarding the contents of the letter, in which Aldous would certainly have read and received extra information from Euthalia Samon in the morning.

"My Lord Collbrande had originally planned to decline Her Excellency's decree, after learning about the crucial situation on Zhenra. It was I who managed to reverse his decision, before he had the chance to notify the Symbol of Revelation about my absence from the ongoing war. As you know, I think of this empire as a whole as a nation that I must protect no matter the reason. Zhenra is a part of my home. It may sound outlandish, but I desire nothing more than to protect the lives of Empyrians, not only Aucteraden citizens." Claudwin initiated the conversation with his hands together beneath his chin, sighing before he continued. "If the information written on the letter regarding the evolution of the enemy's Exousiarch remains to be true then a grand-scale war with the Sishen Yakuza and the Kokushibo Faction is imminent. I have already sent my guarantee that I shall support the Darkblades on the fields, alongside the Blackburn Paradeus."

Bismarck’s Crimson Flame
Aldous Faust
★★★★★
Male / Exhelian / 200+
Emperion Palace, Imperius, Elesrith, Mainland Agartha | Interactions: Novelight Novelight
Aldous placed his hand on Claudwin’s shoulder with a firm grip, “I’m going with you, old friend. The letter orders me to and I shall carry it out with pleasure. Empyria is also my home that my ancestors worked hard to defend. Fighting with none other than one of my closest battle buddies is a time I wanted to experience again for yeeeears. I have your back, and you’ll have mine. Just like old times.” He chortled and walked a bit ahead of Claudwin with the enchanted chest in his hand. He now had to take the lead as they reached and passed a ruined arch that showed significant aging and a clear path ahead. At least for the base of the mountain. The beauty of the wintry nature was all around them, trees covered in snow and a worn down stone road. Dark clouds were overhead that masked the peak of the mountain should they look straight up.

He then goes on to act like some tour guide, except in this case he was audibly discussing what he usually does for Claudwin, “Anyway, let's get back to the climb, the start of my trek usually involves one of the old and defunct tourist trails up Eisendrachen that determine which route I’ll take to Solomon. There are safe and protected regions at the base up to a certain height for tourists but beyond them is Draigk Vanir’s territory. In spite of the pretty derelict yet lush surroundings, we’re safe for now. The real danger of being bodied or burned by the dragon is higher up the closer we get to Solomon. Come on! We shouldn’t be too far from the first of my beacons, a little farther up hours away is the first cave that we can spend the night in. If we keep going on a steady pace, we’ll be back during the Northern Coalition Ceremony and still catch some small talk with Lady Krovoza before we go off to Zhenra. Celebrations like those don’t stop in a day… and all the conversations with Volcrest’s top officials.” He sighed, as if he was exhausted of doing this every year with some of the same people, although with the same people, he can afford to be less formal.

Grandknight of Kaiser
Claudwin Liberalis
★★★★★★
Male / Revenant / 200~
The harrowing climate of the famous Eisendrachen mountain was of no farce. Even with the elemental coating of Pyromancy that had been used on his body before the hiking began, the freezing blizzard had somehow penetrated through the heat armor, leaving Claudwin to find it difficult to remain balanced. Aldous was an incredible man, being able to take on tasks of this level every year, for the sake of his lady's command. Although, he knew that there was no better man than could fulfill this specific task. After all, the man that he was to meet and gift those sacred flowers was of significant status, even if they are no longer active in the political sphere of the Empyrian Empire.

"I worry for His Honor's (Solomon) health when he is living under these conditions," Claudwin spoke with distress, "He is fortunate to have someone like you so devoted to travel through this cruel weather. Is His Lordship, Sir Regulus doing alright as well? It has been two hundred years since I have seen him active," The hiking duo had made it past the normal tourist area and climbed the narrow hills further, closing by near Aldous' scouted cave that he had been using during previous visits. "It would also be quite majestic to meet with the Iron Dragon, as I must admit, I have never seen it in action during my lifetime."

Bismarck’s Crimson Flame
Aldous Faust
★★★★★
Male / Exhelian / 200+
Aldous looked at Claudwin shivering as they passed and replaced the first beacons and went farther up, he automatically increases the power of his pyromancy to offer more protection for his friend against the cold before replying to the man later on, “We probably will if Eisendrachen is seriously threatened. Other than that, the first time one sees the dragon is usually their last. Me? Well… I’ve had a few near-misses other than getting a good look at it from a distance. It was beautiful in a way. Beautiful in ways that I can’t imagine or describe. Funnily enough, those encounters motivated me to bring a camera next time.” He laughs, “I have two in my pack right now. All I need is an opportunity.”

He moves on, “Now uh onto the old man… ol’Solomon is fine. Of all things, he is still the first Bismarck so his capabilities when put towards the path of living is something up to the task of living in Eisendrachen. He’s not that deep down in the dark yet… I hope.” He frowned, sighing, “Poor man’s been through a lot in his life that he can’t get over even after centuries. As for Regulus, like I, he too visits and stays for a while to hang out but we don’t always go together. I always go at one time of the year, he picks whatever time he wants for the most part. But three things are certain, we both help Solomon in keeping the house tidy, cook meals for ourselves, and well, take on the roles of therapists and supportive friends. It’s... unique in a way.”

Grandknight of Kaiser
Claudwin Liberalis
★★★★★★
Male / Revenant / 200~
Claudwin was in awe. Aldous, while strong and powerful, perhaps even fitting to be a candidate for a Collbrande, talked with respect and mild fear when speaking about the Iron Dragon. It was justified, and while Claudwin knew of that, he was never aware that the Iron Dragon's power was that great. However, it was to be expected for a familiar that once served the First Empress. Its only master during its existence, continuing to obey her final command even after seven centuries.

He smiled and listened to Aldous' reassurance about Solomon and Regulus, and smiled again in response. "Your renowned bravery is well known throughout Empyria. Even after that harrowing war, you look after those who were once your comrades in arms. I sometimes feel ashamed that I cannot help. However, I feel great comfort in being here right now. His Honor's safety greatly concerns me, and I wish to aid him when possible."

Their travels took an early stop as they met with the cave that Aldous mentioned. Mildly suffering from the cold, Claudwin was the first to enter the cave, remaining cautious of any animals that could have been residing within it prior. "How long does it usually take to travel to His Honor's home? I can't imagine it takes long knowing your physical prowess, I hope that I am not slowing you down in any way."

Bismarck’s Crimson Flame
Aldous Faust
★★★★★
Male / Exhelian / 200+
Eisendrachen, Elesrith, Mainland Agartha | Interactions: Novelight Novelight
Hours had passed since they first left for the mountain. Aldous had to watch where he was going as the path grew thinner and more treacherous the higher up they went. One wrong step, and maybe with a mix of misfortune, meant death. Thankfully, safe refuge was at hand as they arrived at the cave, just as planned according to the map. It is situated in a small open area that overlooked the vastness of Elesrith below as they weren’t above the clouds. To the cave’s left was the path they came from and to its right, the continuing path.

The red-haired man walked in after Claudwin and set his packs down to rummage through them for supplies, casting a magical fire barrier at the cave’s mouth to keep most of the cold out in the process, “You’re not really slowing me, or us, down. The hike is naturally long, about a week to and fro on foot if you really take your time. It’s a bit faster if you know your way around the shorter but more dangerous routes. The absolutely fastest ones like flying or crawling up the mountain is akin to a circus tent shining ever so brightly in the night that even a dragon won’t miss that. Anyway, the routes I have plotted throughout my times here are mostly the safest as safe can get based on personal experiences between me and Regulus with some advice from Ol’Solomon, it’s where I cross with the Iron Dragon the least and can reach him the relatively easiest. Probably defeats the point of my cameras but you never know. I definitely took some more… dangerous routes with or without Regulus like the curious daredevil I was. I can talk about a time or two over dinner if you want.”

He shrugged as he took some sort of arcane tablet that had a cavity in its center from his pack, laying it on the ground between him and Claudwin with a huff as it was a bit heavy, an old reliable of his. A little bit of his incarce imbued into the tablet and it gives off a dim but warm glow before a small pillar of blue flame bursts forth from the cavity. This was going to be their campfire, makeshift stove, and heater. Canned foods were the menu for tonight as bringing raw perishables was not a good idea.

Valorous Order: Volume 1 - Interlude
Interlude Chapter
Divine Intervention
Cardinal Caliburn Order
The Symbol of Divinity
Asteria Fentris
The Grand Basilica of Divinity, Caliburn Vitos, Mainland Agartha
The two old friends over at Eisendrachen would spend the rest of the night catching up with each other over a warm dinner, exchanging smiles, chuckles, bewilderment, and so on until they would finally call it a night. Dozing off in sleeping bags in a cave lit by a dim fire wisp created by Aldous, the two men protected from the cold by a barrier of heat that he placed on the entrance.

The next day begins with the two continuing their arduous trip, but for now, they won’t be the center of the story. West of Elesrith lay the vaunted islands where the seat of power of all of Empyria stands ever so mightily with the rising sun as its backdrop. The sunlight illuminating the glistening white walls and ornate gilded halls of a structure so grand and so sacred that it rivals the very residence of the revered Ophelias. This was none other than the Grand Basilica of Divinity, also called the Grand Basilica of Agartha. The headquarters and residence of the foremost religious authority throughout the empire, the Symbol of Divinity of the Cardinal Caliburn Order, Asteria Mireille Fentris. The Pontifex of the Agarthan faith and the Grandmistress of the Hand of Agartha.

Beyond the Basilica’s walls is a mixture of barracks, chapels, seminaries, convents, courtyards, and gardens adorning the perimeter. The gardens in particular have a wide assortment of flowers that cover the range of the color wheel and various trees arranged uniformly throughout the gardens maintained by the Symbol’s many servants. A special floating garden a short distance away in the skies above is tethered and anchored to the Basilica by an intricate arcane teleporter system, the garden serves as one of the private spaces of the Symbol. It hosts an open-air pavilion with a fountain courtyard, a garden of its own, a pool, a spring, and a sacellum. This floating garden would be the icing on the extravagant cake that is the entire Basilica complex itself, a work of art that would leave many at a loss for words.

Even for those who frequent or live in this place, its beauty was and still is beyond the descriptors of words. No amount of describing could ever bring it justice save for the immense power vested in pictures. Albeit with perhaps the exception of two people who’ve come to roam these grounds an innumerable number of times for centuries on end, the beauty somewhat lost to them but is still enough to please and impress.

These two people would be in the pavilion, talking over a cup of tea and some biscuits, a form of dessert following their breakfast. On one end of the table sat the Pontifex, and to her right instead of on the other side of the table sat a long-time friend, a fellow contemporary who is likewise extremely talented and potent in the arcane, and also in statecraft. The first Collbrande of the Province of Iliosie, Seracaeli Astaroth, an archmage of great renown who is currently heavily invested in the humanitarian scene and in the arts. She is also a frequent visitor of the Basilica, often exchanging words with the Pontifex over a cup of tea or over neatly organized documents in the latter’s office or over tomes and demonstrations at the arcane chambers and libraries. This visit was no different… save for one thing.

The Pontifex, Asteria, took a sip of her tea before resting the cup on the porcelain coaster once more, looking at Seracaeli with concern, “Thanks for accepting the invitation, Sera. I know it’s not supposed to be your time to come here but matters are developing in a… bad direction. I invited you here because I think the storm that’s been brewing since a few years ago on Vozrozur is finally here and right now, we’re getting light rain before the devastating hurricane. And I’ll be needing your assistance, that kind of assistance.”

Asteria takes a deep breath, “So, to get us on track, what’s this month’s reports from your foundations? I’m sure your connections to and among the downtrodden have something to say about that syndicate. Anything will do, it’s been said time and again that the devil is in the details.” She takes her cup of tea to take a sip again while waiting for Seracaeli’s answer.

Interactions: Novelight Novelight (Seracaeli) Malphaestus Malphaestus (Sextus)
Code by Serobliss

Last edited:
Collbrande Emeritus
1st Collbrande of Iliosie
Seracaeli Astaroth
THE GRAND BASILICA OF DIVINITY, CALIBURN VITOS, MAINLAND AGARTHA
The Architect of Artistry was a title bestowed upon the First Collbrande of Iliosie during the Foundation Era, the rightful golden age of many prominent figures in the history of Empyria during its infancy. Of many whom were granted an honorable title by the most influential person of the time, Seracaeli Astaroth, the one who built Iliosie into a beauty in its own right, found inspiration from many sources of the world outside, including her former homeworld, Earth.

Raised in an environment where poverty and famine were found in nearly every corner of the slums, Seracaeli appreciated beauty like none other when she focused on the artistic values of those who managed to impress her. Like her late father, who was unsuccessful in boarding the spacecraft that led to the magical world of Agartha, she was often awe-struck by those whose talents far exceeded their own. As for the case of Seracaeli Astaroth, who was widely renowned across Empyria as the greatest architect to have ever graced Agartha, she often felt shunned by the sheer talent of her former rival for the title of Symbol of Divinity.

The Grand Basilica of Divinity was the pinnacle of the Empyrian elegance. Built by the genius mind of her dear friend, the entirety of the exterior and interior design of the basilica would be enough to force awe from the Collbrande emeritus. It was known by those close to her that her estate was inspired by the basilica, as Seracaeli wished to create something that could perhaps outshine it. Its personal failure aside, Seracaeli understood why she was chosen as the Symbol of Divinity over her own when the Founding Empress made the decision. Though jealousy and envy invaded her mind at the time, after some time passed, she came to accept the present, as she was quick to learn that Asteria Fentris was perhaps the perfect individual for the specific seat.

Seracaeli had to admit that she felt slightly intimidated by her aura. Their position in history remained the same by technicality, as they were both Former Collbrandes. Still, it was confirmed that the Collbrande emeritus viewed Asteria as her most excellent friend, rival, and unintended advisor.

Putting her internal thoughts to the side for the sake of the conversation, Seracaeli remained seated with her back straight, facing Asteria, as she answered the priestess’ questions. “It would be rude of me to reject an invitation sent by the Symbol of Revelation. Personally, for that matter. Naturally, I came with haste, knowing that you would never forge a letter with your own two hands if it were only for a tea party and reminiscing the past.”

Seracaeli nodded and took a sip of the excellent quality tea, finding it pleasantly tasteful, though she did not admit it verbally. She responded shortly after a brief sigh, “I trust your judgment before nobody else. However, to opine with the utmost honesty, you are engaging in a battle with a dragon whose mind will never change. Do you not remember the Empress’ words after Siegfried was chosen as the Symbol of Valor? That unyielding fortitude forged from the rages of war from her past. I do not believe that you’ll lose; however…” Seracaeli shook her head, “it’s not worth the loss that’ll come from your side of things.”

A deep sigh escaped Seracaeli. She continued after, “Regardless of your decision, I am indebted to you for your past deeds. And from the looks of my descendant’s… inappropriate behavior, I may require your assistance once more. Ah~. The troublesome youth, I will never understand how one could be bestowed a title of such grace and ruin their image by giving in to their repulsive greed. Certainly, that scarlet-haired child is not neglecting her duties, but that behavior of hers is simply not excusable!”

The Collbrande emeritus raised her cup of tea and gulped the entire brew, unaware of her ranting that Asteria was most likely familiar with. Although she was not one to ramble with strangers, her naivety could be easily seen when she was with people she trusted.

“I digress. That hellion aside, it’s rather challenging to speak about the reports from my organization. As you know, I’ve retired from information gathering for a healthier mind. However, that’s not to say I’m one to remain clueless. Let’s see…” Seracaeli closed her thoughts and organized her thoughts before she answered Asteria’s inquiries, “The Arcalion Syndicate is what I believe you’re referring to, indeed? At this point, the current Collbrandes are aware of their existence. I apologize, but I do not have much to say regarding its core members. They have done an excellent job in keeping their identity hidden. However, there is a rumor floating among the members of my foundation.”

“The one known as ‘Corvus’ in the organization has a strange power that was assumed to be an unlocked Exousiarch. Going by their explanation, the registered phase 3 Exousiarchs have no one with the described ability. But from the description… there’s a high chance they possess a Kaleidoscope.”

Interactions: Panther Panther (Asteria Fentris)
Next Intro: Malphaestus Malphaestus (Sextus)
Code by Serobliss

Cardinal Caliburn Order
The Symbol of Divinity
Asteria Fentris
Asteria pinches the bridge of her nose upon receiving the information, Seracaeli’s mention of her hedonistic descendant aside. Besides, she could always help Seracaeli directly using her regular visits to the latter’s foundations and non-government organizations for regularly renewed sponsorships and addresses as a perfect cover.

Back to the matter at hand, this ‘Corvus’ is more than likely an important figure in the Arcalion Syndicate if not the most important. She sighs, “Of course this ‘Corvus’ has a Kaleidoscope. The whole incident and what it leaves in its wake would not have happened if the perpetrators didn’t have at least one Kaleidoscope. Karvein, if not the Edenguard or the Archangels, would’ve murdered them all in the blink of an eye if they didn’t.”

She lowers her hand back to rest on the table beside her teacup, “With this centuries-old running theme of me butting heads with Sieg, which I think has been getting very tiresome mind you, I intend to be the least of her problems outside of the race to sequester the Exousiarchs or Kaleidoscopes of the brass of the Syndicate. Corvus, the Syndicate, and Empyria itself will be the top three of the thorns in her side. I ultimately don’t care if the powers that are extracted end up in my hands or in Sieg’s. At the end of the day, we’re doing our part to protect Empyria in our own ways, I’m not going to lose sleep or argue with Sieg over this again. But something tells me that this entire thing will be different… different in the sense that the decisions made or about to be made and actions done or about to be done will have very lasting consequences.” She seemed particularly jaded on the matter with the Symbol of Valor, who herself was also jaded to her knowledge. Both of them desensitized to it over the course of the more than 5 centuries that they’ve been at odds.

She takes a deep breath then decides to get back on topic, looking at Seracaeli with a less frustrated expression, “Regardless, my plan of sending a representative to aid the joint task force created by Elesrith and Aucteraden on the tactical and strategic levels in a bid to acquire Exousiarchs or Kaleidoscopes, particularly that of a certain rogue noble, remains unchanged. How did they describe Corvus’s Kaleidoscope?”

Code by Serobliss

Last edited:
Hand of Agartha
Sacerdos
Sextus Feuersturm
There were few, if any, structures which could rival the grandiosity of the Grand Basilica; inspired, no doubt, by the divine and made of the earth given to mankind during its hours of deepest twilight. It was a marvel to all who could see, and the blind could feel its simple presence by the radiance which it radiated. But deep below the hallowed halls, and the most sanctified of altars lie bare sanctums where whispers gather and information is woven and bound in the underground.

The hour which had passed had been a chaotic one, with the vast amounts of information from the Temple’s numerous sources in Elesrith forcing the involvement of those who don the cloth of other departments to support their efforts. Conflicting accounts, and vividly detailed descriptions melding into one solid mass, demanding the utmost efforts of all involved to compile and validate. The developments which had just transpired had been of bone-chilling nature, forcing the action of a Master-Templar to personally present the news to the only ones who could adequately perceive it. The man- ordinarily none to deal in the business of whispers and gossip- had fallen to his drive to help where it was needed, but after assisting the information gathering and learning of the severity of what had transpired, now proceeded rapidly through the hallways of the ethereal Basilica with long, weighted steps and a troubled mind.

He halted a servant, as he approached them through the hall, inquiring as to the location of the Most Esteemed, placing an appreciative palm upon their shoulder once an adequate answer had been received. He could think of few better places for the Pontifex to be than in the gardens, it was certainly a fitting image, alleviating his controlled panic by a slight amount as he continued to march hastily towards her.

As he found himself before the gates to the gardens, as elaborately decorated as anything else which found itself within the vast encompassing of the Grand Basilica, he swung them open with haste and a modicum of force to announce his own arrival, and the hastefulness of his purposes. Surveying the gardens as he walked outward unto the grass, bathing in the sunlight which whitened his gaze after his extended excursion within the subterranean sanctum, he finally rested his vision upon two figures of practical legend: demanding his utmost respect.

He swiftly fell upon his knee at the sight, and lowered his gaze against the grass whilst resting his forearm against his lower-thigh; “I, Sextus Feuersturm, greet the revered Pontifex!” Though his words roared in moderation, they were calm, but urgent. Not too loud, or too soft; an immaculate portrayal of practised decorum, and a portrayal of faithful following. But, the graveness did not afford him the opportunity to allow them to reflect upon his posture, only the time he needed to figure out how to speak eloquently enough to soothe the majesty of the people before him. And thus, once confident enough, he rose firmly unto his own two feet before continuing: “I bring grave news which, upon sufficient deliberation, was deemed important enough for your ears, Pontifex.”

Though he portrayed a calm demeanour, he spoke with haste and made swift motions with his hands to aid in his expressiveness, silence interspersed throughout as he attempted to glitter his way of speech, before furthering: “an hour ago, in Imperius, at approximately 19-hundred hours, a convoy under the protection of the House of Bismarck traversed the Grand Bridge- their planned destination has yet to be ascertained at this time- and became engaged with an unknown force. The skirmish lasted for an additional 15-minutes, before one of the assailants self-detonated, causing the collapse of a bridge segment spanning the waterways.”

Sextus lowered his eyes, thankfulness apparent, to the fact that the damages to civilian life was minimal due to the lastly aforementioned. He steeled himself, and reverted back to his duties, resuming to his couriering.

“Though our video-footage was received from a distance farther away from the event than ideal, our analysts are confident in the affiliation of the convoy— I would personally recommend that you survey the footage at an opportune time.”

After an extended silence, he punctuated his message with the following: “we believe this to be an act of terrorism, your preeminencies.” Bringing his hands to his waist, and resting them within the palms of the other, before finally matching gazes with those before him.

Though ordinarily, he would have taken the opportunity to reflect on them, what they stood for, and who they were. But, unfortunately, things may very well be developing towards chaos of unfathomable order. But, at the very least, he had confidence in both Seraceali, and his benefactor the Pontifex, to know precisely what needed to be. But even so, he remained irrationally fearful that his sudden arrival had disturbed them, and proceeded to withdraw his vision, focusing instead on the biscuits which had accentuated the two's prior interaction.

Interactions: Novelight Novelight (Seracaeli) Panther Panther (Asteria)
Code by Serobliss

Last edited:
Cardinal Caliburn Order
The Symbol of Divinity
Asteria Fentris
Just as when Asteria was about to get her answer, a subordinate came rushing in bearing bad news to which she gestures Seracaeli to temporarily hold her thoughts. This was no ordinary subordinate for he is instantly recognizable to those closely affiliated with the Hand or to anyone who had done sufficient reading on a certain topic. He is someone who carries a great deal on his back and his shoulders, a burden stemming from a life that initially wasn’t for him to decide, a life where he was to be molded to suit the needs and desires of one of Empyria’s darkest figures. He is Sextus Feuersturm. A high-ranking templar in the Hand’s service, a highly fortunate but ultimately conflicted man. Asteria knew him sufficiently enough to understand that.

The two ladies were initially surprised as he entered, but that surprise was eventually replaced with apprehension as the Feuersturm stated his piece. News of a skirmish on the Imperius Grand Bridge between House Bismarck and a duo of unknown affiliation. Asteria felt a brief chill go down her spine, she knew something that many didn’t and had a better idea of what was really going on than most. She rests a hand on her lap before clenching it, hidden from view. She takes a deep breath before stating the obvious, “They made their move. It was only a matter of time.” She raises the same hand to stroke her chin, her head slightly lowered in thought for a brief moment before resting her hand and raising her head, looking at Sextus, “Thank you for the information, Sextus. I’ll review the information later today.”

Asteria then finds an opportunity, she had been looking for people to send to assist House Bismarck and House Kaiser in its current endeavor. Admittedly, Sextus was not at the top of her list because of his background factoring into the potential to cause a conflict of interest based on the information she has. But unfortunately almost all of the candidates in mind were preoccupied with their own duties and assignments in Agartha, Sector Nine, Sector Twelve, the Commonwealths, and other locations within Empyrian space. Recalling them and reassigning them would take time compared to simply assigning the relatively vacant man in front of her. She makes her decision.

“Oh, and Sextus, stay here with us for a moment. I’ll have an assignment for you so I ought to give you the details.” She clears her throat, “I’m confident that you’re aware of the fact that House Bismarck and House Kaiser are currently working in concert to deal with the organized crime syndicates plaguing their respective provinces under a mutual agreement struck by their Collbrandes. The skirmish on the bridge wasn’t something they were expecting because I assume that they were supposed to be heading to one of the strongholds or strongpoints of the Sindalone Organization, a notorious organized crime syndicate that is one of their targets other than the Golden Path. Yes, her Golden Path.” Sextus knew all too well who Asteria was referring to, and Seracaeli too given the air around them.

She sighs, “Thankfully, Lady Bismarck is quite cordial with us so we have access to information that her trusted subordinates gather other than what the Curia Inquisitio gathers so we should be expecting the most reliable accounts of that skirmish on the Grand Bridge later in the day. Now, as for that encounter, it isn’t just an act of terrorism. It’s part of a grander picture as my sources imply that the Sindalone Organization and the Golden Path, along with other major organized crime rings, are working together under a united banner under unknown leadership. A large enigma known as the “Arcalion Syndicate.” We speculate that she is a key member of the Syndicate but we have no solid confirmation on her place in the chain of command because it’s highly likely that she isn’t acting alone up there. Honorable Lady Astaroth here will tell you about one of the things you will be dealing with in a bit.”

“Moving on, the two that assailed the House Bismarck convoy are more than likely agents of the Arcalion Syndicate sent to provide protection to their operations in Elesrith, probably including attempting to assassinate key Elesrith officials like say, a Vanguard of Imperius, which I wouldn’t put past them because of the tactical and strategic value of a Vanguard. That whole skirmish has made it overwhelmingly clear to the joint task force of Elesrith and Aucteraden that their mission will be very difficult in the days and weeks to come, more so if they’ve been compromised which is likely, to what extent, unknown. So we, the Hand of Agartha, will be sending assistance to them in the form of a representative who will provide tactical and strategic assistance and act as the task force’s and their superiors’ direct liaison to the Hand.”

She points her finger at Sextus afterwards, “And you will be that representative, alongside another member of the Hand of your choice to supplement your roles, the Hand will assist in your choosing should you ask for it and will provide further task-relevant information for your perusal. I have confidence that you and the companion you choose will be able to fulfill your objective of assisting the task force. They will need all the help they can get against the Syndicate and its lieutenants and leaders, her likely among them and a rather peculiar and enigmatic “Corvus.” As implied, there is little information about him or her but something did recently come to my attention on that matter.” With that, she turns her gaze to Seracaeli, signaling her with an open palm that she can now answer the question raised prior.

Code by Serobliss

Collbrande Emeritus
1st Collbrande of Iliosie
Seracaeli Astaroth
THE GRAND BASILICA OF DIVINITY, CALIBURN VITOS, MAINLAND AGARTHA
"Well, about that. The description of the Kaleidoscope-"

Interjecting her mid-sentence was a knight of considerable status, his swift movement and mannerly decorum obtaining the respect of the Collbrande emeritus. As polite she was, slight annoyance had made itself known to Seracaeli when her eyes twitched, but such thought would no longer live in her head as she remained observant of the situation as it unfolded. Waiting for her time to speak, minutes passed as the two conversed, listening carefully to the details until it would be her time to speak.

"A representative?" Seracaeli questioned the audacious priestess, finding her resolute plans to be rather controversial. "Certainly, you are not planning to interfere with the dragon through combat, are you? Especially when the crown is under her influence more so than your own. While I am in no position to reject your strategies, this interference will only spawn problems."

The white-haired former Collbrande turned her troubled gaze to Sextus, whose build and aura radiated competence and integrity, but that was irrelevant to the issue at hand. To be sending an active knight, whose sword will surely clash against Siegfried's forces, would mean a silent war between the two symbols. Neither side was interested in ingratiating the other and had mutual understandings that the two shall never clash, as that would harm the interest of the empire greatly. However, with this decision, that could potentially end.

"Sir Feuersturm, was it? I take it that you're a descendant of Lord Ruvalus, judging from your surname. Knowing the history of his family, I will not further unearth your past. However, you must prove your rectitude. Are you aware of the potential chain of cataclysmic events that would occur if you were to raise your blade against the wrong foe? Undoubtedly, you do not wish to further taint your name by creating a discourse between the two symbols. Which is why I suggest you speak your mind on the matter."

Interactions: Panther Panther (Asteria Fentris), Malphaestus Malphaestus (Sextus Feuersturm)
Code by Serobliss

Hand of Agartha
Sacerdos
Sextus Feuersturm
Though he had noticed the conflicted visages of those he could only describe as ‘supreme’ through the corner of his eye, it had been made clear to him, as well as those he had interrupted, that what he brought was no simple disturbance. He felt relief swell through his every physical expanse when he had been made witness to the understanding and virtuous demeanour of those he had always respected. He had observed Asteria’s contemplative disposition with every sound he had forced out in ennobled words, and paid great heed to the bottled annoyance of Seracaeli, ultimately discarded upon realisation of the matter at hand. He had no desire to displease the ones who upheld the very ideals he strove to master, and thus he was once again impressed by those who held leadership over the Temple.

He would nod simply, at Asteria’s display of appreciation. Though he would remain where he was, in his head, he was already preparing to depart. His foreign assignment had already concluded, meaning that there was little but assistance and training which he could do until his next mission would arise. And, as a diligent and devout follower, that is what he had preoccupied himself with up until the very present moment. Were he to be simply dismissed, as he would undoubtedly expect, he would be naturally disappointed. He had an awareness, though far from that of the Pontifex, of the forces at play. An awareness fostered by the internal dialogues of countless Templars and Temple-affiliates.

Nevertheless, though he had many thoughts which circumnavigated his mind, and they were apparently quite obvious to the ones who had observed him, he did not expect them to be supported.

Whilst Asteria’s initial responses were par for the course, and expected- her awareness of worldly, as much as spiritual, matters were beyond that of any which he had ever laid eyes upon- never in his wildest ideas could he have expected her to place such responsibility and faith upon him. Though he certainly did not like it, he bore a peculiar name, and carried its regalia. Even if for penitence, the fact remains that he is of no ordinary lineage, and his name yet remains blackened by treachery and absolute evil.

After her briefing, it was precisely because of this baggage that he readily raised his right hand against his chest and vowed to uphold the task which she had given him: “your word is my law, Pontifex.” His chest flared up from quietude: not only had the pontifex been aware of that which he had endlessly contemplated, the matter of her, but she had also placed upon him the ability to rectify his needs for justice. She, in effect, had brandished him the sword which was the right to uncover the truth, and to shepherd the mislead. He couldn’t help but smile at the ground, his head since lowered and concealed through his salute. As he began to work himself into composure, mere seconds would pass, and he brought forth his imperishable dedication.

“There is no task but this that I would rather carry out,” though his posture relaxed, and he returned to ease, his voice was unshaken. Though he took a while to say what he wished, when he said it, it was impactful. It was clear to all that he felt he best deserved this task, difficult though it may be: “I am most grateful that you perceive me as deserving to carry out the will of Agartha on this matter.” Though quiet descended upon the trio for a brief period thereafter, it became clear that he had not convinced Seracaeli with his display when she decided to utter her own concerns as to his assignment to the representative role.

He could understand her concern, unfortunately enough. Though, if it were any other name, it could perhaps have been argued against. But his was of a more unique variety in that sense, and though he now walked the proper path, there are things in nurture that cannot be so easily resolved. He bore the banner and the emblem, refrained from hiding his origins, and swore to always uphold faith, loyalty, and justice. But he was still young, and the deeds he had accomplished to that end, did not number as many as an immortal would need to be free from doubt. Though he was somewhat surprised by the fact that Seracaeli had been the one to voice these concerns, he admitted that his relationship with the two before him was of a one-sided nature, based on respect as opposed to any friendship: it was natural to be cautious. Especially in a matter as major as this.

When she at last spoke his name, he nodded slightly, responding punctually in reactivity: “aye, madam.” It was immediately clear that she was thoughtful, deciding outwardly to not make much mention of his lineage beyond the superficial. But he could not help but grit his teeth, more aware than any other of the nature of what appeared as nothing. To this end: “fear not, madam. It is my life’s goal to right wrongs, not to stand as the gateway unto greater evil.” Though it was a simple belief to display, it was far harder to express: he had been a sufferer of evil, unable to dispel its influence when it was most needed. All he wished was to give a guiding hand to the waylead, and to remove the corrupting.

“My mind is set, your preeminencies: I wish for nothing more than to carry out this mission, however difficult it may be. And though I cannot possibly proclaim myself your equal in matters of thought or knowledge, I know that I am, at the very least, skilled in the teachings of the Temple, and the creeds which permeate within.” His face took on rigidity, aware of the dangers which not only the Arcalion Syndicate represent, but the intermingling of Imperial factions in such a concentrated area. The tiniest of actions could have a ballooning impact, but he was not afraid of this.

After much deliberation he closed by saying: “I will make sure to make the right decision, no matter the cost.” Clearly conflicted, he spoke his mind. Justice was his predominant responsibility, as a temple-knight. He would need to sacrifice in order to ensure the wellness of the greatest majority. Though it hurt his heart, in that moment, he knew he was in no position to be selfish. There were too many great forces at play, and too many repercussions to be had. All he could hope for, was that all parties could somehow be satisfied in some manner. It was the only option open to him.

Though he stood capable, though he stood thankful and proud, he remained conflicted. He had risen to where he now stood for two simple reasons, one of which was now presented to him. He was grateful, but equally so, he was worried. Was he prepared? Was he capable enough? Whether he was or wasn’t, he would need to be. By forcing his will into being. He had done it before, hopefully he can do it again, now that it mattered most.

Interactions: Novelight Novelight (Seracaeli) Panther Panther (Asteria)
Code by Serobliss

Cardinal Caliburn Order
The Symbol of Divinity
Asteria Fentris
Asteria nodded in approval with a gentle smile on her face at Sextus’s attempt at reassuring Seracaeli that followed his enthusiastic acceptance of his task. However, behind this expression of approval is a mixture of doubt, concern, and anxiety. While she was confident in Sextus’s ability as a Templar, she wasn’t confident in how he might deal with the task ahead considering the bigger picture. She knew all too well that the movements of her sister-in-arms, the Symbol of Valor, Siegfried, conflict with her own, but they nonetheless share the same goals and interests at the end of the day, only the means differed. Deploying Sextus, to Asteria, would mean disturbing the uneasy status quo between the two Symbols, and those under and around them, widening the divide. She thinks once more, as if the Symbol of Valor wasn’t disturbing it already, in which case it becomes a matter of how disturbed it will be. There was no telling what Sextus, or anyone for that matter, would do once they were actually in the fray and how it would affect the situation at hand and how it would affect Empyria.

The thoughts and possibilities remained and swirled within her mind. They gnawed at it relentlessly. She knew that she would never be truly prepared for anything that comes. But she is ultimately reminded of her duty to Empyria, to Eleanor Ophelia. She decided that staying idle was not in her nor in Empyria’s best interests in spite of advices against it, directly from another sister-in-arms, the Symbol of Revelation, Zephyrus, and indirectly from Seracaeli. Both have very fair and good points, but Asteria thought that she must act for the Empire was at stake. To her, inaction and indecision from the highest echelons of Empyrian society on such an issue were detrimental and can lead to the undoing of 7 centuries of hard work fueled by blood, sweat, and tears. Doing something about a problem was better than doing nothing at all, especially so if one was aware of the problem.

It was a matter of balancing escalation and de-escalation as much as possible, it always has been. Sending Templar to assist House Bismarck and House Kaiser, as implied, was the opposite of keeping the situation relatively stable by simply remaining idle and letting Siegfried do most, if not all, of the work. All it takes to send everything downhill is a single incident, so this ever-changing great game, one that Asteria has played for centuries, has to be played with even greater care than before. It was a challenge that she was willing to take for Empyria’s sake.

Asteria finally replies to Sextus with a degree of affirmation, “That is good, Sextus. I also appreciate your assurances for the Honorable Lady Astaroth. However, I am sure you are aware that promises alone are not sufficient. I would much prefer results. On that end, you shall leave for Elesrith tomorrow evening two hours before midnight, I expect you and your chosen companion to be ready before your departure time. Our people in Elesrith will see to it that you two are brought before Lady Bismarck posthaste. She will be the one who will handle your accommodations. From then on, you will be under the joint command of her most trusted Vanguards and Lord Kaiser’s assigned Kriegshelden.”

Her tone then becomes more stern and imposing, her face turning stone cold from being somwhat jovial, “Keep in mind that whatever you and your companion do in this operation will have serious and lasting repercussions not only for you, but also for the Hand, and all of Empyria. Carefulness and mindfulness of your place is of utmost importance. If you discover and verify a ploy of the Symbol of Valor, immediately report to me and do your best to stay out of it, if it’s impossible, do not get in too deep. If you confirm beyond reasonable doubt that her subordinates are operating on Agartha, also immediately report to me and avoid engaging with them. The most I will only allow will be conversation in which case, I also demand that I be informed of what was said after the fact at the soonest possible opportunity. Focus only on your duties with House Bismarck and House Kaiser.”

She emphasizes, “Should you commit a mistake, all of us will pay a great price. So if you have anything on your mind about this assignment that bothers you, speak your mind. If you have none, then you may leave. You and your companion will be briefed on any more recent details regarding your assignment on the night of your flight.”

Code by Serobliss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back