What's new
  • If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Valorous Order: Insignius Blade | Interest Check

Sub Genres
  1. Action
  2. Adventure
  3. Anime
  4. Cyberpunk

Serobliss

Vanity Exousia
In the lore it is written that Revenants have (had?) their own civilization and warrior-like culture, is there is any more detail about it? Like their code of honor, culture surrounding duel / war, religion or the God(s) their worship. Or am I free to make one up? Since the character have drink the kool-aid, I imagine that they will behave to (what they perceive to be) the ideal way a Revenant should act and behave.
We haven't gotten that far in the lore, but as far as we know no, they don't worship a god. In their history, they viewed Empyrians as their saviors and "sort of" worshipped them until they migrated into the nation. You can be creative with your character's version of how a Revenant should be, considering they were a warrior race.

Are normal humans still exist? Or have they all become Exhelians?
Normal humans are completely extinct, yeah.

yoikes

The (Not So) Evil Mastermind
In their history, they viewed Empyrians as their saviors and "sort of" worshipped them until they migrated into the nation. You can be creative with your character's version of how a Revenant should be, considering they were a warrior race.
Hmmm noted. There is a plan B that will lean into the existing overzealous fanatics of Ophelia's bloodline. An extremist character who constantly quotes from the bible or says religious rhetorics as they do something not-so-religious is just the kind of nutjob I want to create.

I'll think about it as I build them slowly, thanks again for answering my questions!

RogueAbyssal

Hello! I'm new on this site but far from new to RP in general and this one caught my attention because of the excellent aesthetics and the attention to detail.

I see that it's still open, but I'm wondering if there's currently any good chances to partner up with another character as required. I haven't read the IC, just the OOC and the lore thread once over (I know I probably should), and obviously there's a lot there and I'm not entirely sure where a new character slots into it all. It's been a while since I've had to think on something like this, threads this detailed are long since dead on the last place I RPed haha.

Serobliss

Vanity Exousia
Hello! I'm new on this site but far from new to RP in general and this one caught my attention because of the excellent aesthetics and the attention to detail.

I see that it's still open, but I'm wondering if there's currently any good chances to partner up with another character as required. I haven't read the IC, just the OOC and the lore thread once over (I know I probably should), and obviously there's a lot there and I'm not entirely sure where a new character slots into it all. It's been a while since I've had to think on something like this, threads this detailed are long since dead on the last place I RPed haha.
There's always a chance to partner up with someone. The partnering system won't be exclusive to 2 people as we're still experimenting with how we want it to be done. If need be, you can also partner up with one of the GM's characters and go from there, especially if you have an idea that may align with our plans. It's all about what kind of character you want to create and see how well you would fit in with the story. As long as you can do that, we'll be able to help you insert yourself into the plot like smooth butter, and you have our guarantee on that. All we ask is that you follow the guideline on character creation to avoid any troubles in the future.

Regarding the IC posts—I don't enforce reading the entire IC thread for someone to catch up. I understand that it can be a monotonous read with the majority being inessential for your first post. I or someone else from the team will get you started by summarizing the first chapter, so I wouldn't worry about that.

RogueAbyssal

Alright, that sounds good. I'm not all that sure what kind of character I want to make yet, but ISD seems interesting based on the factions listed. If that's one of the options I'll think some more about what kind of character could fit into that.

Forgotten Melodies

Hello world!
Hey there! For quite some time I saw this RP in my interest thread and I always wanted to see if I could join, but I was always unsure to ask since I typically dislike joining Roleplays after they've started because I feel like I would be missing out. However, your Roleplay is one of the most well-crafted that I've seen in a while so I can't help but be drawn to it. Are you still accepting 5 star/main characters? I have an idea for a unique character that I've been wanting to use for a while, but I've been waiting for the right Roleplay to use them.

Serobliss

Vanity Exousia
Hey there! For quite some time I saw this RP in my interest thread and I always wanted to see if I could join, but I was always unsure to ask since I typically dislike joining Roleplays after they've started because I feel like I would be missing out. However, your Roleplay is one of the most well-crafted that I've seen in a while so I can't help but be drawn to it. Are you still accepting 5 star/main characters? I have an idea for a unique character that I've been wanting to use for a while, but I've been waiting for the right Roleplay to use them.
We're planning to keep this roleplay available to new people for a significant amount of time. Just note that we're looking for those who are willing to pour an extra amount of time into our roleplay as the GMs are doing the same to satisfy their experience. A fine line between casual and serious.

Forgotten Melodies

Hello world!
We're planning to keep this roleplay available to new people for a significant amount of time. Just note that we're looking for those who are willing to pour an extra amount of time into our roleplay as the GMs are doing the same to satisfy their experience. A fine line between casual and serious.

No worries! I'm actually a very dedicated Roleplayer who has been looking for a long-term Roleplay to call home. My issue is that I tend to put too much effort into my characters, and the Roleplay never ends up working out so I put all this effort, blood, sweat, tears, and my soul into something only to have it not matter in the end. You guys seem to care a lot about the long-term details and story elements, so I'd be more than happy to join! I've been reading up on the lore and there's a lot to take in, but I'm doing my best to understand everything. It would help if I could have someone break down the lore a bit for me, and update me on where the current story is. Should I refrain from joining the Discord until I submit a character?

Serobliss

Vanity Exousia
No worries! I'm actually a very dedicated Roleplayer who has been looking for a long-term Roleplay to call home. My issue is that I tend to put too much effort into my characters, and the Roleplay never ends up working out so I put all this effort, blood, sweat, tears, and my soul into something only to have it not matter in the end. You guys seem to care a lot about the long-term details and story elements, so I'd be more than happy to join! I've been reading up on the lore and there's a lot to take in, but I'm doing my best to understand everything. It would help if I could have someone break down the lore a bit for me, and update me on where the current story is. Should I refrain from joining the Discord until I submit a character?
The lore itself spans over several tens of thousands of words and can't exactly be broken down that simply considering our former decision to leave most of it blank to add materials for the IC itself. It's normal to take a few days to understand Valorous Order's entire lore (considering it's a project that has been worked on for 24 months). I'll answer any questions that you have though and keep you updated on the roleplay's current storyline to make it easier for you to tie your character into the story once you have your character approved.

To keep our Discord exclusive and retain this thread at the top of the list, I'd prefer discussing matters here. What exactly is it that you need further explanation for? You can make a list and I'll do my best to answer them with precision. We only give out the Discord server to those who pass the registration.

As for your character, I wouldn't worry about that. Like how I stated above with other potential players it's up to the player to decide if they want their character to be relevant.

Forgotten Melodies

Hello world!
The lore itself spans over several tens of thousands of words and can't exactly be broken down that simply considering our former decision to leave most of it blank to add materials for the IC itself. It's normal to take a few days to understand Valorous Order's entire lore (considering it's a project that has been worked on for 24 months). I'll answer any questions that you have though and keep you updated on the roleplay's current storyline to make it easier for you to tie your character into the story once you have your character approved.

To keep our Discord exclusive and retain this thread at the top of the list, I'd prefer discussing matters here. What exactly is it that you need further explanation for? You can make a list and I'll do my best to answer them with precision. We only give out the Discord server to those who pass the registration.

As for your character, I wouldn't worry about that. Like how I stated above with other potential players it's up to the player to decide if they want their character to be relevant.

That's fair! Thank you for being understanding, I was worried that it may come across as me not really reading up on the lore, but there's just a lot of stuff for me to grasp so I assure you I'm trying my best to comprehend everything.

The main thing I'm struggling to understand is all of the different factions and how they differ/the roles everyone's characters fall into. I know there's four main factions in the lore page like the Ashen Ambers, ISD, and Collbrandes of Opheila, but in the registration section there's more factions and some that aren't included previously like the Kasier Knight Order. Certain characters also have different ranks/stars, and there's also some characters who take up tarot card archetypes like the Hierophant. Basically, there's just a lot of differing factors and things someone's character can be, and when you put all of them together it can be a bit hard for me to follow. Is there any way you can break them down a bit easier?

Last edited:

Lunar

"the world forgotten by the world forgot" -(AP)
Supporter
extremely interested! studying the lore now and will make a CS anon!

Serobliss

Vanity Exousia
That's fair! Thank you for being understanding, I was worried that it may come across as me not really reading up on the lore, but there's just a lot of stuff for me to grasp so I assure you I'm trying my best to comprehend everything.

The main thing I'm struggling to understand is all of the different factions and how they differ/the roles everyone's characters fall into. I know there's four main factions in the lore page like the Ashen Ambers, ISD, and Collbrandes of Opheila, but in the registration section there's more factions and some that aren't included previously like the Kasier Knight Order. Certain characters also have different ranks/stars, and there's also some characters who take up tarot card archetypes like the Hierophant. Basically, there's just a lot of differing factors and things someone's character can be, and when you put all of them together it can be a bit hard for me to follow. Is there any way you can break them down a bit easier?
Right. I should've mentioned that the the only available factions for the first arc are the four listed in the registration page and not the lore. Collbrandes, Ashen Embers, Cardinals, and the other organizations that aren't the Kaiser Knight Order, Imperial Security Directorate, Vanguards of Imperius, and Iscariots of Solarian are unplayable. Only the four factions mentioned are playable for the players, with the Kaiser Knight Order having reached its maximum capacity.

The star system is based on how important they are to the story and their overall role. Typically, all player characters are 5-stars and GMs 6-stars. This is just a unique system we made to differentiate the general role of the characters, considering the GM always has more power with where the story goes - using the said 6-star characters. Don't focus on it too much, as by default you will have to make a 5-star character.

The Imperial Security Directorate does not have a designated role system (as of now) as every player must play a field agent, in other words, an active investigator.

The Vanguards don't hold a specific rank, either. The only thing important is the date of their inauguration, as the Tournament of Valor takes place every 5 years.

The Iscariots of Solarian uses a tarot card system as mentioned above far into the thread. They are ranked based on their skill and capability, as well as the number of achievements they have scored for the organization as a whole.

Since the Kaiser Knights are full, I won't go too far in-depth with them, other than the fact that they are ranked with simply numbers. First Knight, Second Knight, Third Knight, all the way to Six.

yoikes

The (Not So) Evil Mastermind
Since the Kaiser Knights are full, I won't go too far in-depth with them, other than the fact that they are ranked with simply numbers. First Knight, Second Knight, Third Knight, all the way to Six.

Oh, so they are full... Can you update it on the registration thread? It's not written anywhere so I already made my character with Knight as his bg... I'll switch to Vanguards

Serobliss

Vanity Exousia
Oh, so they are full... Can you update it on the registration thread? It's not written anywhere so I already made my character with Knight as his bg... I'll switch to Vanguards
Yep, I've been meaning to update it. I should've left a short notice though since I'm still working on a new code for the registration page's introduction.

Forgotten Melodies

Hello world!
Right. I should've mentioned that the the only available factions for the first arc are the four listed in the registration page and not the lore. Collbrandes, Ashen Embers, Cardinals, and the other organizations that aren't the Kaiser Knight Order, Imperial Security Directorate, Vanguards of Imperius, and Iscariots of Solarian are unplayable. Only the four factions mentioned are playable for the players, with the Kaiser Knight Order having reached its maximum capacity.

The star system is based on how important they are to the story and their overall role. Typically, all player characters are 5-stars and GMs 6-stars. This is just a unique system we made to differentiate the general role of the characters, considering the GM always has more power with where the story goes - using the said 6-star characters. Don't focus on it too much, as by default you will have to make a 5-star character.

The Imperial Security Directorate does not have a designated role system (as of now) as every player must play a field agent, in other words, an active investigator.

The Vanguards don't hold a specific rank, either. The only thing important is the date of their inauguration, as the Tournament of Valor takes place every 5 years.

The Iscariots of Solarian uses a tarot card system as mentioned above far into the thread. They are ranked based on their skill and capability, as well as the number of achievements they have scored for the organization as a whole.

So the registration page states that the Vanguards hold more political power while the Knights uphold the law. Can you go more in depth as to what the Vanguards do? And if I were to make a character a Vanguard would they need to be a political character?

As for the tarot rankings for the Solarian, if I'm unsure what ranking to make my character what should I do?

Serobliss

Vanity Exousia
So the registration page states that the Vanguards hold more political power while the Knights uphold the law. Can you go more in depth as to what the Vanguards do? And if I were to make a character a Vanguard would they need to be a political character?
The Vanguards are essentially bureaucrats who have the power to influence decisions for certain regions in Elesrith. They are an extension of their Collbrande's will and will act based on their wishes. While they are not direct servants, they are typically what you call civil servants with extra political power because of their connection to the Collbrande of Elesrith. Note that they are not head governors, however, unless specifically inaugurated by the Collbrande herself.

Making a character in the Vanguard does not require any political ties. They will, however, always be available to make their leader's decrees be heard, regardless of whether or not they are an active civil servant or not.

As for the tarot rankings for the Solarian, if I'm unsure what ranking to make my character what should I do?
Having a rank is required so there's really no other choice but to choose one that's available. If you want the GM's decision instead, you can post the character in registration with the rank blank and write the achievements and/or failures of your character. That will influence their rank, after all.

Forgotten Melodies

Hello world!
The Vanguards are essentially bureaucrats who have the power to influence decisions for certain regions in Elesrith. They are an extension of their Collbrande's will and will act based on their wishes. While they are not direct servants, they are typically what you call civil servants with extra political power because of their connection to the Collbrande of Elesrith. Note that they are not head governors, however, unless specifically inaugurated by the Collbrande herself.

Making a character in the Vanguard does not require any political ties. They will, however, always be available to make their leader's decrees be heard, regardless of whether or not they are an active civil servant or not.

Having a rank is required so there's really no other choice but to choose one that's available. If you want the GM's decision instead, you can post the character in registration with the rank blank and write the achievements and/or failures of your character. That will influence their rank, after all.

That should be fine! I just don't want to give my character an unreasonable rank so I'd rather let the gmods decide. What exactly is the Tournament of Valor, and is it possible for one to be a victor of one without becoming a Vanguard, or is it sorta like if you win you're obligated to be one?

Also, for my character, I want to give them a unique gimmick that involves something tech related. Knowing that this is a futuristic setting, could I give my character a special vehicle of sorts that they employ/use during missions?

And lastly, for the Major Arcana, do the cards themselves actually represent anything? Like if you had a character with the card Death would their personality be tailored to that card, or is it simply just a form of ranking?

Since I'll probably be making my character a Solarian, what kind of jobs do the members typically carry out for the organization as mercenaries?

Serobliss

Vanity Exousia
That should be fine! I just don't want to give my character an unreasonable rank so I'd rather let the gmods decide. What exactly is the Tournament of Valor, and is it possible for one to be a victor of one without becoming a Vanguard, or is it sorta like if you win you're obligated to be one?
The Tournament of Valor deserves a section of its own because of its rich history and the system that it is related to so I can't answer this question with precision... yet. Though I can confidently tell you that most partakers participate in aim for the Vanguard seat. It's rather clear why, since it assures that you and your descendants will be able to live a comfortable life next to the Bismarck name until the end of time.

But no, it is not an obligation. Plenty participates for other benefits that can come from winning the tournament, such as wealth, fame, and even an Exousiarch with the chance to obtain nobility. Any prize you can imagine, the tournament winner can probably obtain by coming out on top.

lso, for my character, I want to give them a unique gimmick that involves something tech related. Assuming things like tech-based rifles are allowed, could I give my character a special vehicle of sorts that they employ/use during missions?
Yep, that wouldn't be a problem. We do have something similar that we call MAWs (Mechanized Assault Walkers) and Ascalons, in which we are planning to migrate that part of the lore into the actual lore thread later in the year. You can read that here: Futuristic - Valorous Order: Iscariots of Solarian | Lore

And lastly, for the Major Arcana, do the cards themselves actually represent anything? Like if you had a character with the card Death would their personality be tailored to that card, or is it simply just a form of ranking?
The cards are merely titles for the sake of unique ranking. You can decide if you want your character to resonate with their rank, but it's not required.

Since I'll probably be making my character a Solarian, what kind of jobs do the members typically carry out for the organization?
It can literally range from dangerous military operations to simply babysitting a noble's child. If it requires someone to come into the job with a weapon that is capable of tearing through flesh, the Iscariots will probably be available to take on the job.

Also, as Solarian is the name of the founder of the organization, it'd be more appropriate to call the agents Iscariots.

Forgotten Melodies

Hello world!
The Tournament of Valor deserves a section of its own because of its rich history and the system that it is related to so I can't answer this question with precision... yet. Though I can confidently tell you that most partakers participate in aim for the Vanguard seat. It's rather clear why, since it assures that you and your descendants will be able to live a comfortable life next to the Bismarck name until the end of time.

But no, it is not an obligation. Plenty participates for other benefits that can come from winning the tournament, such as wealth, fame, and even an Exousiarch with the chance to obtain nobility. Any prize you can imagine, the tournament winner can probably obtain by coming out on top.

Yep, that wouldn't be a problem. We do have something similar that we call MAWs (Mechanized Assault Walkers) and Ascalons, in which we are planning to migrate that part of the lore into the actual lore thread later in the year. You can read that here: Futuristic - Valorous Order: Iscariots of Solarian | Lore

The cards are merely titles for the sake of unique ranking. You can decide if you want your character to resonate with their rank, but it's not required.

It can literally range from dangerous military operations to simply babysitting a noble's child. If it requires someone to come into the job with a weapon that is capable of tearing through flesh, the Iscariots will probably be available to take on the job.

Also, as Solarian is the name of the founder of the organization, so it'd be more appropriate to call the agents Iscariots.

Thank you for clearing everything up! I think that covers most of my questions for now, I just need to re-read through the lore a bit more so I can grasp a better understanding of the world. I just wanted to make sure I properly understood the different factions, because it would be awkward to have an incorrect understanding and I make something completely different.

Will we learn who our character's partner is once we have our applications submitted and accepted?

Serobliss

Vanity Exousia
Will we learn who our character's partner is once we have our applications submitted and accepted?
Probably. We've been discussing possibilities so by the time it gets accepted, you'll probably know your partner. But again, having a partner is required but choosing whoever will always be allowed. We might even do trios and quads, so there's that. It's... a bit of a difficult one to tackle, at the moment.

Forgotten Melodies

Hello world!
Hey, so a few questions about character creation. Are we supposed to submit our sheets in the character section or register section? And I noticed that the register section has different sheets from the ones in the characters section. The registration also says to leave certain things blank, but the character section includes those things. Which one am I supposed to use? Also, I've never really used complex coding for character sheets before, do I just copy and paste the code and it'll do the rest? I'm not very smart when it comes to things like BBcoding.

Also, can you explain the difference between hierarchy, loyalty, allegiance, and imperial rank? Skills also seem to be locked for everyone, is that something we fill out later?

Serobliss

Vanity Exousia
Hey, so a few questions about character creation. Are we supposed to submit our sheets in the character section or register section? And I noticed that the register section has different sheets from the ones in the characters section. The registration also says to leave certain things blank, but the character section includes those things. Which one am I supposed to use? Also, I've never really used complex coding for character sheets before, do I just copy and paste the code and it'll do the rest? I'm not very smart when it comes to things like BBcoding.
It's a little different than most roleplays. You need to register with a baseline character first before you get started with a full character sheet. You use the code given on the registration page, follow the instructions in the said code, and post it for the GMs to review. Once it passes, you are allowed to start on the character sheet. Just remember that the registration's entire purpose is to see if you understand the lore and the boundaries of the roleplay, and the character itself won't be judged (unless their concept simply doesn't work within the lore) until the character is fully completed.

Also, can you explain the difference between hierarchy, loyalty, allegiance, and imperial rank? Skills also seem to be locked for everyone, is that something we fill out later?
You fill it out later. Hierarchy is their status in Empyria (nobility, commoner, etc). Loyalty is which Collbrande they serve if they are loyal to one. Iscariots usually don't serve any since they are independent mercenaries. Allegiance is the nation they belong to, and it should always be Empyria. It's only there for future purposes. Imperial rank is your character's military rank if your character graduated from the army at one point. As for skills, you just write down what their abilities/talents are. Exousiarch if they have one, and the other two should be filled out with whatever your character's good at.

Forgotten Melodies

Hello world!
It's a little different than most roleplays. You need to register with a baseline character first before you get started with a full character sheet. You use the code given on the registration page, follow the instructions in the said code, and post it for the GMs to review. Once it passes, you are allowed to start on the character sheet. Just remember that the registration's entire purpose is to see if you understand the lore and the boundaries of the roleplay, and the character itself won't be judged (unless their concept simply doesn't work within the lore) until the character is fully completed.

You fill it out later. Hierarchy is their status in Empyria (nobility, commoner, etc). Loyalty is which Collbrande they serve if they are loyal to one. Iscariots usually don't serve any since they are independent mercenaries. Allegiance is the nation they belong to, and it should always be Empyria. It's only there for future purposes. Imperial rank is your character's military rank if your character graduated from the army at one point. As for skills, you just write down what their abilities/talents are. Exousiarch if they have one, and the other two should be filled out with whatever your character's good at.

Thank you for clearing all of that up! I'll get to it then :3

Forgotten Melodies

Hello world!
I finally got my CS submitted! I apologize for taking so long, it was a rather chaotic week and I wanted to wait until I was in a better position to post. Hopefully everything with Wilbur checks out alright and his lore isn't too bad. I really do try my best when it comes to making characters, but if there's anything that needs fixing be sure to let me know. Thank you in advance!

Xel

The Paladin
Gave this a quick skim, looked interesting but also rather indepth so before I dive in I wanted to see if it was still open, since it mentioned only accepting up to 12 characters and, from what I could tell, that quota's been met?

Users who are viewing this thread