What's new
  • If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Valorous Order: Insignius Blade | Interest Check

Sub Genres
  1. Action
  2. Adventure
  3. Anime
  4. Cyberpunk

Rielaix

A lie retold.
The lore looks mighty and the codes are so pretty!
i am going to show my interest here, in case someone drops!! :0

Serobliss

Vanity Exousia
While we are under maximum capacity, we will allow an indefinite amount of guests to register for any future spots.

This can include potential lore-related side stories that we may run in the future, sometimes next year.

This thread will now be inactive. Please refer to Futuristic - Excelsium Archives | Administration Center for any inquiries. I would appreciate it if no one directly DMS me questions regarding the roleplay, as we have 2 other GMs that could potentially answer your question during my absence.

We thank everyone who made this possible.

Serobliss

Vanity Exousia
The roleplay will now have its capacity limit removed to further reach into the community for potential writers that may be interested in joining us.

Please leave your interest in this thread before registering for a character. As for NUSKI NUSKI and Sheng Ling Sheng Ling , if the two of you are still interested, we'll be sending you a message shortly regarding your registration within the next 24 hours.

Serobliss

Vanity Exousia
All newcomers are required to read the text below before submitting a character in the registration thread. After running the roleplay for a few months, we have decided to restate rules and add new ones to make sure that we have no problems on the long run.

General Rules
1. Discord is not required. However, the consequences of not participating in the server will result in lost benefits.
As we like to keep our roleplay casual for the sake of maintaining a fair relationship with our player base, we will not urge someone to post more than once. A warning will be sent to those who do not post regularly (once per week) about 2 days prior to their required posting date. Of course, if one were to message one of the GMs about their inability to post within that week, they will be given an extended date for no more than 2 weeks. Once the time is up and you have not posted, we will automatically remove the player in question from the roster.

Please remember that communication is ALL we desire. If your interest has dissipated, tell us. We won't hold it against you.

Those who join the Discord and remain active in the OOC chat will also gain the benefit of not having their posting rates tracked to a certain extent.

2. You will be required to partner up with a player so there is communication between your character and at least someone else's character.
There are lots of people who do not like striking up the first conversation or trying and make their characters relevant in the roleplay. This is a huge problem as this usually turns into players losing interest when they realize that the GMs are not prioritizing their characters. Whether or not you believe that it is the GM's job to make a player's character relevant will not be discussed nor will it be considered in the long run. This rule will force you to partner with a character so there's at least a start for you.

Character Rules
1. Valorous Order entertains the freedom of customization for your character. However, to minimize problems that may occur in the long run, we will be barring characters from having these traits:

- Your character may not be a direct servant of a Collbrande or a Symbol.
- Your character cannot own an Exousiarch that is at its 4th and/or 5th phase.
- Your character cannot be anything outside the available races.
- Your character cannot have gender dysphoria or severe mental disorders such as sociopathy.

To explain some of these rules and their reasoning: Becoming a direct servant of someone of such importance such as Collbrande would automatically make them be one of the strongest characters in the lore, as a Collbrande is the second in command of the entire Empyrian Empire. A character that owns an Exousiarch that has already unlocked its 4th or 5th phase would require justification that is simply not possible for the current lore, unless with GM's approval (though we discourage this to make room for character development). Custom races are a headache and will not be tolerated simply because it is not important. Gender dysphoria (and honestly other political topics) are extremely discouraged to avoid any potential drama that could come from someone accidentally misgendering their character in the roleplay. Even if you are not the type to get angry about such a thing, we will not allow characters that are outside the standard male and female spectrum.

Feel free to ask questions if something is not clear.

Those who are planning to register MUST leave this message a reaction (cookie/like) before they proceed. Failure to do so will result in your application not being reviewed entirely.

Last edited:

yoikes

The (Not So) Evil Mastermind
Thanks! I have a question or two in mind right now, but I want to finish reading the lore first since I can see there are a lot of world-building details to understand, so it might take me a couple of days before I send the question(s) through DM, if that's OK

Serobliss

Vanity Exousia
Thanks! I have a question or two in mind right now, but I want to finish reading the lore first since I can see there are a lot of world-building details to understand, so it might take me a couple of days before I send the question(s) through DM, if that's OK
Yep! You can take as long as you need. Both registrations and character creation will not have a time limit.

Serobliss

Vanity Exousia
But if possible, unless the question is personal, please leave it on this thread. Others might have similar questions and I'd rather not have to answer the same inquiries more than once.

yoikes

Questions:

1. Is it possible to create a character aligned to no faction? I.E An arms dealer / bounty hunter / assassin. Or is it preferred that all characters are a part of one of the major factions, to ensure their inclusion into the overarching story of the RP? The idea I have in mind right now is of an arms dealer.
  2. Is it possible to have the powers of mimicry, that is, the ability to copy another person's power to a certain degree. Of course, this power will have various limitations that will ensure that it is well balanced. Or is it preferred that all characters stick to the more common elemental-based power?
  3. Is it possible to create a hybrid character from the get-go? The idea I have in mind is a revenant - (normal) human.
PS: The lore / grand lore was an amazing read.

Serobliss

Vanity Exousia
Is it possible to create a character aligned to no faction? I.E An arms dealer / bounty hunter / assassin. Or is it preferred that all characters are a part of one of the major factions, to ensure their inclusion into the overarching story of the RP? The idea I have in mind right now is of an arms dealer.
There is no way of knowing whether or not being a part of an already established faction will decrease the chances of your character's relevancy throughout the story, as it is entirely up to the writer to decide if their character will be compatible with the ongoing stories. However, joining a faction will definitely assure that your character will stay relevant. As this is a story-oriented roleplay with a heavy emphasis on "story", being a factionless character could potentially birth problems. I will also state that the GMs will not go out of the way to make your character applicable, as playing someone that is not part of the four available factions would make it difficult for us to maintain.

Ultimately, however, it is your choice. But yes, we do prefer all characters belonging to a faction.

Is it possible to have the powers of mimicry, that is, the ability to copy another person's power to a certain degree. Of course, this power will have various limitations that will ensure that it is well balanced. Or is it preferred that all characters stick to the more common elemental-based power?
"Power" is a generalization of the school of magic that exists in the lore. Do you mean it's possible to have an Exousiarch that can mimic abilities? Or did you mean to ask if it is possible for the Hexennacht system? The former would be yes, while the latter would be no. We'll decide whether or not the power is acceptable depending on the restrictions it has placed.

Is it possible to create a hybrid character from the get-go? The idea I have in mind is a revenant - (normal) human.
Definitely. Hybrids are very common in the world of Empyria. And thank you! We have a whole bunch more we wanted to write down before we began this roleplay, but decided to keep most of it a secret to maintain the hype throughout the story. You can definitely expect so much more lore throughout the progress of the roleplay.

yoikes

Wow, thanks for replying so fast!

There is no way of knowing whether or not being a part of an already established faction will decrease the chances of your character's relevancy throughout the story, as it is entirely up to the writer to decide if their character will be compatible with the ongoing stories. However, joining a faction will definitely assure that your character will stay relevant. As this is a story-oriented roleplay with a heavy emphasis on "story", being a factionless character could potentially birth problems. I will also state that the GMs will not go out of the way to make your character applicable, as playing someone that is not part of the four available factions would make it difficult for us to maintain.

Ultimately, however, it is your choice. But yes, we do prefer all characters belonging to a faction.

Ah, that's too bad. But I understand the decision since this is an RP with a very complex role and story.

Another question related to the faction then, when I read the CS posted in the Registration / Character sheet, I noticed that there are people registering as Iscariots of Solarian already and how they have a ranking system. It is previously written that our characters may not be a direct servant of a Collbrande or a Symbol as it'll make them too powerful, but what about Iscariots of Solarian? Does that mean the top 5 or so are also off-limits?

Do you mean it's possible to have an Exousiarch that can mimic abilities? Or did you mean to ask if it is possible for the Hexennacht system? The former would be yes, while the latter would be no.

The former. Which means it's possible, awesome!

Another thing is that I noticed no one made a Chaotic Evil character yet and that just fits the idea I have in mind so much. I'd like to know the limit of how much an "evil" leaning character could do in the course of this RP, since I'm sure there will be limitations to how much a character can do without royally messing up with the plot GMs have in mind?

Serobliss

Vanity Exousia
Another question related to the faction then, when I read the CS posted in the Registration / Character sheet, I noticed that there are people registering as Iscariots of Solarian already and how they have a ranking system. It is previously written that our characters may not be a direct servant of a Collbrande or a Symbol as it'll make them too powerful, but what about Iscariots of Solarian? Does that mean the top 5 or so are also off-limits?
The same rule does not apply to the Iscariots. I'll leave a list of ranks that are taken.

[Taken] 01 - The Magician (Player)
[Taken] 05 - The Hierophant (Player)
[Taken] 07 - The Chariot (Player)
[Taken] 09 - The Hermit (Player)
[Taken] 16 - The Tower (Player)
[Taken] 17 - The Star (GM Special Character)
[Taken] 20 - Judgement (GM Special Character)
[Taken] 21 - The World (GM Special Character)

Note that characters in the Iscariots are not ranked based on their overall strength, but more so their capabilities.

Another thing is that I noticed no one made a Chaotic Evil character yet and that just fits the idea I have in mind so much. I'd like to know the limit of how much an "evil" leaning character could do in the course of this RP, since I'm sure there will be limitations to how much a character can do without royally messing up with the plot GMs have in mind?
The alignment is a general statistic that we won't focus on too much. As to answer your question regarding the potential of an evil character, it can be a bit tricky. That depends on what they consider "evil". Are they likely to switch sides if the other side benefits them? If so, that might make it difficult for them to be consistent throughout the story. Evil characters, in general, aren't frowned upon but depending on what you want for your character as development, I'd say it's entirely dependent on your character's overall goal and desire.

For example, we can't have your character join the Syndicate and expect that the GMs use their antagonistic characters to introduce them to the organization that is the Arcalion Syndicate. We would much rather leak information throughout the general story instead of one character having to get the experience of learning the secrets that we have planted. Not only does this require an ungodly amount of effort but it can also potentially ruin the flow.

I will also add that while everything I said above is indeed true, it is also speculative. The truth is, I can't exactly answer your question without knowing how your character will interact with the story. In the base case scenario, it could go well, and in the worst-case scenario, it could go poorly and make your character not have much dialogue.

.chxrryette.

♡ ♡ ♡
I also have a question!

If a character has a noble and a commoner as their parents, is it still possible for them to have an Exousiarch? And if so, is the Exousiarch's power limited because the noble lineage is "tainted" by commoner blood?

For example, I see that in the lore it specifically states "...As such, it doubles as the proof and validation of a person’s noble lineage even if it is not purely erudite due to intermingling between nobles and commoners." Is that what this sentence means?

Serobliss

Vanity Exousia
I also have a question!

If a character has a noble and a commoner as their parents, is it still possible for them to have an Exousiarch? And if so, is the Exousiarch's power limited because the noble lineage is "tainted" by commoner blood?

For example, I see that in the lore it specifically states "...As such, it doubles as the proof and validation of a person’s noble lineage even if it is not purely erudite due to intermingling between nobles and commoners." Is that what this sentence means?
They will absolutely obtain an Exousiarch but the RNG of having their third phase (and onward) unlocked through training is significantly lowered.

Yes.

yoikes

The same rule does not apply to the Iscariots. I'll leave a list of ranks that are taken.

[Taken] 01 - The Magician (Player)
[Taken] 05 - The Hierophant (Player)
[Taken] 07 - The Chariot (Player)
[Taken] 09 - The Hermit (Player)
[Taken] 16 - The Tower (Player)
[Taken] 17 - The Star (GM Special Character)
[Taken] 20 - Judgement (GM Special Character)
[Taken] 21 - The World (GM Special Character)

Note that characters in the Iscariots are not ranked based on their overall strength, but more so their capabilities.

The alignment is a general statistic that we won't focus on too much. As to answer your question regarding the potential of an evil character, it can be a bit tricky. That depends on what they consider "evil". Are they likely to switch sides if the other side benefits them? If so, that might make it difficult for them to be consistent throughout the story. Evil characters, in general, aren't frowned upon but depending on what you want for your character as development, I'd say it's entirely dependent on your character's overall goal and desire.

For example, we can't have your character join the Syndicate and expect that the GMs use their antagonistic characters to introduce them to the organization that is the Arcalion Syndicate. We would much rather leak information throughout the general story instead of one character having to get the experience of learning the secrets that we have planted. Not only does this require an ungodly amount of effort but it can also potentially ruin the flow.

I will also add that while everything I said above is indeed true, it is also speculative. The truth is, I can't exactly answer your question without knowing how your character will interact with the story. In the base case scenario, it could go well, and in the worst-case scenario, it could go poorly and make your character not have much dialogue.
Thank you for listing all the taken spots for me!

I also want to clarify that asking my character to be included into the antagonist line up is not what I meant, just that I have the interest of making a "bad person", who perhaps will redeem themselves by the end of the story (though I'm more leaning to someone irredeemable who will get their karma at the end, one way or another).

To be specific, cruelty and racism. Even though my character is of not of a "pure" blood themselves, they lean into their identity as a Revenant and unpleasant toward races that they think as "less" than them. Add sadistic tendency that enjoys the violence of battle, their job giving them the chance to relish it at nearly daily basis.

Edit: Like a person in class / at office that is considered to be a jerk that everyone dislike, but as classmates / workmates you still need to interact and at times work together with

Of course this is still just an idea, so I might scrape this at the end, but I still want to know whether it is allowed, and if it is how much is the limit?

Serobliss

Vanity Exousia
I also want to clarify that asking my character to be included into the antagonist line up is not what I meant, just that I have the interest of making a "bad person", who perhaps will redeem themselves by the end of the story (though I'm more leaning to someone irredeemable who will get their karma at the end, one way or another).

To be specific, cruelty and racism. Even though my character is of not of a "pure" blood themselves, they lean into their identity as a Revenant and unpleasant toward races that they think as "less" than them. Add sadistic tendency that enjoys the violence of battle, their job giving them the chance to relish it at nearly daily basis.

Edit: Like a person in class / at office that is considered to be a jerk that everyone dislike, but as classmates / workmates you still need to interact and at times work together with
This will work nicely and seamlessly with the roleplay. I don't see any problems that could occur from such a character. If anything, it would add diversity to the cast.

yoikes

Another set of questions:

1. In the lore it is written that Revenants have (had?) their own civilization and warrior-like culture, is there is any more detail about it? Like their code of honor, culture surrounding duel / war, religion or the God(s) their worship. Or am I free to make one up? Since the character have drink the kool-aid, I imagine that they will behave to (what they perceive to be) the ideal way a Revenant should act and behave.
  2. Are normal humans still exist? Or have they all become Exhelians?

Users who are viewing this thread