• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hand of Agartha
Sacerdos
Sextus Feuersturm
The Grand Basilica of Divinity, Caliburn Vitos, Mainland Agartha
Though the wind sharpened as graveness loomed from Asteriaโ€™s words, he couldnโ€™t help but feel compelled evermore so, regardless of the dangers inherent to his newfound task. The garden, though wholly entombed within the encampment of the Basilica, grew uneasy in near-concurrence with the arriving finality of his meeting with those who he most looked up to. Perhaps it was stranger, then, that his heart grew restless, and his willingness all the more solidified. Not only had he received his next task on the path of Justice and the Righteous, but it had been one which he had only dreamt of in silence here-to. No doubt, someone had overheard his prayers and relayed them upwards, and through his devoted service, he had received Famed Asteriaโ€™s reciprocity. If there was an end to his living soon, then at the very least he would need to see this quest through until completion. For everyoneโ€™s best. Everyoneโ€™s, indeed.

This endeavour would be a harsh one, and demand skills which heโ€™d seldomed sharpened, and degrees of counter-espionage which he did not wish to ever return in touch with. However, he had no other option than to sacrifice his better judgement for the sake of others now. He couldnโ€™t say what was in store for him in the coming days, but he was inflamed with the determination required to make it happen. Correcting the mistakes of others, no matter what manner of mistake, was indeed his calling. And so, through such mental arithmetic, did he harden his resolve as he heeded the next of Asteriaโ€™s words.

โ€œI am confident, your eminent lady, that I will not disappoint. However, should I, I will not bring anyone but myself into such dark depths,โ€ for though he was a temple-knight, he was also aware of the guile needed to confuse and distort truths. Whether he wanted it or not, his lineage had taught him that much. โ€œFear not, I would never seek to bring the Temple down, if even a step, from where it was before I departed. Just as it is your lifeโ€™s work, this is my home. Never would I wish to see it hindered, or distorted, from the proud values which were instilled into it by its architects.โ€ Proud words, no doubt, but honest. As he spoke his conviction, he glanced a truthly gaze upon the both of them, locking eyes for what felt like the first honest time through their entire exchange. He was, simply, that resolved.

If he had borne his blade, he would have offered it to them as a further sign of the lengths he was committed to traverse for the sake of the Great Spirit, and her righteous ideals. But his equipment lay in the Armouries of the Masters, and he donned but a humble robe and cloister-cloth. And so, he could give nothing but unbridled truths, but his aura was one which radiated. Whether apparent or not, and no doubt it could be sensed.

And, no doubt, they could also sense his perspective on this opportunity, and his wish to bring good onto her, who had never seen it. He knew what was right, and what needed to be done. But he wanted to make everything right. And no doubt, that was obvious. That was, after all, why she had picked him. Though he had not lived a good life, such as those who were raised in the Temple, he had made the impossible true, for himself, and hopefully, for yet another. He viewed this as a chance given for such resolve and accomplishment, even if what he had accomplished paled before that of Asteria and Sercaeli.

He bowed his head lastly, and began to turn. โ€œYour words are as clear as the night sky, Pontifex. I will await my briefing, and make my preparations posthaste: I will need to find a competent companion to assist me, after all.โ€

Through the medium of a modest salute, he departed. And he did so swiftly- whether because of self-conscious awareness of his intrusion, or because of impatience, he could not tell- and the garden gates soon announced his leave through their subdued thud upon closure. He felt, in that instant, that he had taken his first true steps for the first time since the longest while.

Interactions: Novelight Novelight (Seracaeli) @Panther (Asteria)
Code by Serobliss

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back