• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Valhalla Awaits

She nodded. “Then we will have it done just before mass.” She told him quietly, resting her head against his and just watching out the window. “We aren’t gonna get back to Margrethe’s stuff in my closet are we?” She asked him, getting up to get dressed and call her father to let him know Ubbe’s decision

he grumbled in response, shaking his head. “No. I’m tired max.” He whined and lay back, pulling her to lay on him. “I’m tired of being poked and X-rays and mris and tests and surgeries.... I do not want to find out that I need more.” He muttered, just looking pouty now.

Ubbe gave a small nod and sighed heavily running a hand over his face. He knew his family would kill him for this but Carmen was more important to him than anything else in this world. He was taken from his thoughts when she mentioned Margrethe and groaned loud "Her shit ahouldn't be there, she doesn't know when to fucking leave." He muttered

Max layed on him and sighed softly "I know my love, I can only imagine what you have been through." She whispered cupping his face gently "And I know it is the last thing you want is to be looked at more but if this gets worse you could have serious issues." She said quietly before kissing him gently

He sighed a little and looked up at her again. “If you book it and go with me... I’ll go once I get back from Russia.” He promised, pulling her in tightly to him again.

she simply nodded, speaking to her father on the phone for a quick five minutes then let him go and turned to Ubbe again. “We can stay in bed for another hour... then we need to get up. There’s going to be a white tunic delivered to the house in a couple hours. You can take what clothes you like to change into but that’s what you’re going to have to wear for this and then we have to sit through msss.... and then we can go home.”She told him tiredly.

Max gave a small nod and kissed his cheek gently "Okay I can go with that." She said softly before cuddling him a bit more "I love you Ivar." She whispered softly "So when do you want to tell everyone about our engagement?"

Ubbe pulled her to lay with him and kissed the top of her head repeatedly "Whatever I need to do, just make sure I'm doing it right please." He said quietly watching her a bit and sighing heavily "Please....do not tell Ivar or my mother....I think they would actually kill me." He muttered

She nodded and held onto him. “Alright.” She murmured, falling asleep for a little while curled up to him, getting up when it was time to get ready and she got him to sit in front of her so she could do his hair in a more sensible style for Catholic Church... it was another couple hours before they pulled up outside the cathedral and she looked over at him as she parked. “Are you sure you’re happy to do this.” She asked wanting to double check before they went through with it.

Ivar nodded. “When I get back. There’s a formal dinner we can make an announcement then. With any luck, Ubbe will still be in Italy trying to win back his whore.” He sighed some.

Ubbe took a deep breath as they arrived at the huge catholic cathedral closing his eyes a bit before nodding a bit "Yes, I want you home without hassle. If this is what it takes then I'll do it." He said quietly before he got out of the car with her and met up with her father and mother by the doors.

Max gave a small nod and glanced up at him "Talk to me, I can tell something is troubling your mind." She said quietly

Carmen nodded and got out with him, taking his hand tightly and took him inside, meeting with the priest and followed him through to the back, staying next to him as the priest asked him all the questions and went through the ceremony, feeling proud of him for making this commitment. To her it wasn’t about religion. For her it was him showing how much he wanted her home. She took communion with him and eventually it was over and they were left in privacy so he could get changed, taking a towel and drying off his face. “You did good, now we gotta do the hard part. Sit through mass.” She told him.

He smiled at her a little, kissing her head and ran his fingers through her hair gently. “Mmm... you are very perceptive..... I just don’t really want Ubbe to come back. It would be better if he stayed in Italy for the next several years. They could manage our Mediterranean contacts and deals and I could take over managing the Scandinavian deals and the eastern deals. Sigurd is happy doing the official side of the business and Hvitserk is... well as long as he has Amma and funds, he doesn’t care.” He told her. “I should be in charge. I could grow this empire bigger than my father ever dreamed of.” He muttered.

Ubbe took a deep breath before going through with it. He took communion with her and changed quickly once it was time. He didn't take his eyes off her the entire time the priest spoke. Once he came out of the water and finished up he quickly went to Carmen giving her a small smile "I think anything is easier than having your father looking like he is about to murder me."

Max gave a small sigh and nodded softly "Things have been much calmer since he left, but you know he will not give this up. I only hope that he sees how well you've done without him here." She said softly tracing patterns on his chest gently "It seems as though Ubbe has had trouble understanding how your mind works all these years."

She nodded and kissed him gently. “He has that affect on people.” She murmured, waiting til he was dressed properly again and took his hand, walking out of there and into where the church was now filling with people for maaa, taking a seat next to him, hearing him sit down heavily with a thud that echoed through the quiet cathedral and she couldn’t help the smile that went across her face. “Ubbe you must be quiet.” She murmured to him, rubbing his back.

Ivar just nodded and held her close tightly. “We should probably get out of bed and go do something with our day. I need to pack this evening.” He told her gently.

Ubbe shuffled in and grunted softly. He stuck out like a sore thumb amongst everyone. Usually he had no issue but in a church, it was a bit awkward. He grumbled quietly to himself and slumped into the pew by accident causing a heavy thud to echo through the cathedral looking over at Carmen and smiling softly when he saw her finally crack a smile "Sorry....big man, little chair, we don't mesh well." He murmured quietly and jokingly to her.

Max pouted some "Oh fine, I was having fun cuddling in bed." She murmured before smiling softly "You'll have to fend for yourself for dinner tonight. I've got the late shift." She said softly

Carmen shook her head, finally starting to smile properly at him, shaking her head. “You Scandinavians just need to shrink.” She teased him, taking his hand tightly, looking to the front as mass started and went silent, still holding his hand.

He pouted At her a little and frowned. “Why can’t we just bring you home and get someone to cover. They can’t complain to me. They know I’m the boss.” He grumbled, kissing her cheek, pulling himself up and out of bed to get dressed.

Max gave a small laugh and smiled softly at him "Because Ivar, I get enough special treatment as is." She murmured giving him a quick kiss before she went into the bathroom to get ready.

Ubbe chuckled a bit and smiled wider "Mmm maybe." He murmured before giving her hand a squeeze as they turned their attention forward for mass to start.

She spent the next couple hours with him messing around every opportunity he got and every time it was making her smile, having to stop from laughing out loud a couple times but eventually it was finished and she walked out with him, holding her arms around him, seeming a lot more back to herself. “You were trying to get me in trouble Ragnarsson.” She smiled at him, making her way to the car.

He headed downstairs and got a coffee ready, sitting at the counter and watched her eventually come down. “I need a suit. Something for Russia.” He told her, heading out towards the car, grateful that Sven already had it going so the hearing was on.

Ubbe gave a heartily laugh as they exited the church smiling wide at her "I have no idea what you're talking about." He murmured happily

Max came down and gave a small nod heading out with him "Sounds like a plan." She murmured giving him a kiss on the cheek

She shook her head at him. “You are trouble Ubbe.” She smiled, getting in the car and kissed his cheek. “Let’s go get some lunch.” She murmured, taking his hand.

he smiled, kissing her head. “Mmm you smell nice.” He murmured, holding her protectively close. “You’re going to be safe and sensible while I’m gone yes?” He asked her.

Ubbe smiled more and gave a nod "Mmm yes that sounds good." He murmured before yawning a bit "Jeez that service wears you out."

Max held him and nodded softly "Yes of course, and you will as well?" She said quietly

Carmen smiled and nodded. “Yes. Yes it does... I think as a believer maybe it goes by faster... but I’ve always dreaded it.” She told him quietly, driving more into the city and getting a parking space by some miracle, getting out and walking around with her viking. “Where do you wanna eat at? I won’t tell if you want steak for once in a blue moon.” She smiled.

He nodded and smiled at her. “You know how beautiful you are?” He asked her, reaching over and cupped her face, gently brushing his thumb across her cheek. “I love you.” He murmured.

Ubbe smiled happily at her and gave a small chuckle "I won't lie, it sometimes get tiresome eating only chicken and seafood, but I'll be food for now." He murmured softly walking around proudly with her

Max blushed bright red and shook her head some "Oh shush you. I love you too." She said giving a small laugh

She nodded and held his hand tightly. “Come on. Let’s go get something then we can head back, afternoon by the pool, pack our bags and go back to Norway... I’m gonna miss the heat.” She murmured, walking by the famous fountain and then down a couple side streets to one of her favourite restaurants.

He smiled and held her to him. “Really. You are the first person besides my mother who has loved me for no more than being me. My disability has no factor in our relationship and you really treat me like any other person. “ he murmured, kissing her nose. “I hope that when we do get to it... I will be able to fill you with children.” He smiled.

Ubbe smiled softly at her and shook his head "I'm not, I miss the cold." He murmured happily to her getting intothe restaurant with her "So I was thinking, maybe once things are fully settled. We have the wedding, make it small and intimate...I want you are my wife already."

Max smiled happily and kissed him lovingly "I would like to bear you many children Ivar. I will forever love you. Your mind. Your personality. The way you own every room you walk into. Not to mention how sexy you are." She said kissing different places on his face everytime she listed things off.

She smiled as she sat down with him, taking his hand across the table. “I think that would be nice. Maybe Bjorn and Hvitserk, your mother and Floki and Helga.” She suggested quietly.

He smiled, holding her h til they parked and he got out, heading into the suit place with her, making his way round slowly and trying to find what he wanted when he wasn’t even sure what that was going to be. “What do you think would be a good look?” He asked her quietly.

Max walked in with him and gave a small smile as she watched him. She moved to look over everything and settled on a sleek classy grey suit "Pair this with a black turtle neck? You'll look great babe." She murmured kissing his cheek gently

Ubbe gave a small nod and smiled softly "That sounds like a good list, would you want anyone from your family there?" He asked quietly

She shook her head "You know good and well that they will expect a church wedding at some point or at the very least a big white wedding officiated by the council." She muttered. "So they can sort out and pay for that." She told him. "All I need is you there... and Bjorn so I can dramatically sigh and think about whether I chose the right brother before saying yes." She teased him.

He nodded and gently placed a hand on her lower back, keeping close to her until they did his measurements and sent them away for a couple hours so he took her down the street to get late lunch, "There's a good French place here somewhere.... Ah, here it is." He murmured. "Oh! Don't let me forget this evening... I got you something." He smiled mischievously.

Ubbe rolled his eyes and shook his head some "You obviously got the better of the two." He murmured happily before sitting down with her "You know I love you more than anything right?"

Max raised an eyebrow at him as they walked out of the suit shop "Oh yeah? What is it?" She asked trying to get him to spill the beans

She smiled and nodded. “I think so.... Bjorn would have traded me in by now” she laughed. She loved the oldest ragnarsson but as family. “I love you too Ubbe... even when you drive me mad.” She smiled... by the end of the night they were all packed for their journey and back in bed, carmen rolling over to get closer while she let him catch his breath. “Sorry... we might have gone a little too much there.” She murmured, rubbing his chest in big circles.

He shook his head and smiled “no no no. I said tonight. You’ll like it. It’ll be worth the wait.” He promised and kissed her head, linking his arm with hers and heading down the street with her to get something to eat until they were about to go into a restaurant and a group of teenagers was coming down the street at the same time, skateboarding past Ivar and the last one, kicked his foot out at the last second, pushing his crutch out from under his arm and he hit the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back