• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Valhalla Awaits

Aslaug frowned softly but gave a small nod "Well I hope that she is a good woman." She said softly before she helped him up and got him to the kitchen. She was a bit worried about him about seeing someone, she knew Ivar too well. He treated women with respect but often they took advantage of him.

Ubbe frowned some and gave a heavy sigh "I know, but I know that my father would want for all of us to be together. I'm trying to keep us together." He explained

She frowned and kissed his cheek, "and that’s not all your responsibility.” She reminded him, “I think this holiday is gonna be good for us.” She murmured, pecking his cheek and got up to go get dressed for the day, coming back down and finding him in his study. “Don’t forget your doctors appointment this morning.” She reminded him and headed out to go get some jobs done.

Ivar spent the morning at the house and eventually found the strength to have his driver take him home so he could get some work done before he needed to get ready and eventually got back to the car so they could go get max.

Ubbe gave a heavy sigh and nodded softly as he looked over some papers "Will do." He murmured before he continued on with his work. As his day progressed he got more nervous about his appointment. He sat at the office taking a deep breath as he waited for them to run the tests on him.

Max had a pretty calm day having told her manager that she would not be able to make it in. She bit her lip as smoothed out her dress taking a deep breath trying to calm her nerves. She jumped out of her skin almost when she heard a knock at her door. Quickly she scrambled over to it and opened it smiling wide when she saw Ivar standing there "Hello Ivar." She said sweetly to him

Carmen was already at home when she heard the car pull up and she looked up from her book, setting the wine on the side table and smiled. “Hey, I thought we could..... how’d it go?” She asked him, frowning as she watched him wander over to the couch and sit down slowly, reaching over and took his hand. “Ubbe.... honey talk to me.” She coaxed.

Ivar smiled and held his arm out to her, waiting til she took it and he walked her over to the car. “So... I thought you might like to go see the ballet.” He told her smiling and got in the car after her, leaning back into his seat.

Ubbe got home and quietly made his way into the living room unable to meet Carmen's gaze as he sat on the couch clutching the paperwork from the doctor. He took a deep breath as he stared at the ground shaking his head some. "Its me.....they said I'm sterile." He said quietly barely able to even get the words out fully to admit it

Max locked up her place and took his arm helping him down the steps a bit. She went wide eyed and looked at him in shock "Ivar...the ballet? You're not playing some joke on me are you?" She asked quietly feeling tears spring to her eyes. She had never had someone be so thoughtful about her love of the ballet.

Carmen frowned and moved to sit on the back of the couch, behind him, and massaged his shoulders gently. “Okay... so that means that we can look into other options.” She assured him, kissing his head. “You do understand that I don’t think any different of you yeS?” She asked him, rubbing his shoulders still.

Ivar smiled and watched her, enjoying the way her eyes lit up at the mention of going. “It’s the nutcracker. And I know you said you love it. So I got us tickets.J mean I’ve got the box so we have space and whatnot.

Max smiled wider and flung her arms around him "Thank you so much Ivar! You don't know how much this means to me." She said softly pulling away from him only bit.

Ubbe shook his head some and took a deep breath putting his head in his hands "Please....do not....do not tell anyone in my family." He said quietly wiping his eyes quickly trying to keep his rough exterior intact

Carmen frowned and had him look at her again. “Stop it. Why on earth would I do that?” She asked him. “So we can’t have kids that have our dna? It’s not necessary.” She told him seriously, kissing his cheek.

Ivar grunted in pain and gently moved her off but smiled. “I think I might be starting to understand.” He murmured, holding her hand the whole drive there.

Ubbe gave a heavy sigh and kissed her gently and sighed heavily "I just....fuck I just feel like a failure of a man." He admits shaking his head a bit. He was just ashamed, he knew it didn't mean anything to Carmen but his family would tear him apart if they knew he couldn't produce an heir by blood.

Max smiled widely but went a bit wide eyed she heard him grunt in pain "Oh no did I hurt you?" She asked softly giving his hand a small squeeze. She wanted to make sure she knew what would hurt him and what wouldn't.

She frowned and kissed him again, keeping him close to her and rocking him gently to try and soothe him as much as she could. “Then they never have to know.” She promised him. “And I still love you, same as I always have.” She smiled, lightly tracing her thumb down the scar that ran down the right side of his face, the one that just missed his eye, and kissed his nose. “What takeout do you want?”

He smirked a little and shook his head. “There was a uh... altercation... last night at my mothers.... it’s likely that I have a couple fractures that weren’t there before. And I know my ribs are broken.... the whites of my eyes... when they look blue instead of white.,, I’m a lot more at risk of injuring myself in some way. And still my brother decided to screw around.” He muttered, rolling his eyes a little.

Ubbe broke down in her arms and nodded some. He looked at her and grunted softly pulling himself together and smiling softly at her "Well then after the wedding if you would like, we can start looking into adoption." He said quietly before he took a deep breath staying calm "Pizza."

Max listened to him and frowned softly giving a small nod "I'll make sure to make a mental note of that, are you okay though? Are your ribs wrapped? If you need to rest I'm okay with just chilling with you for the night." She said worriedly

She smiled and kissed his cheek, putting their regular order in and just pulled him to lay back against her, tracing patterns on his arm. “Let’s worry about that later. Just relax for me alright?” She murmured.

Ivar smiled some shaking his head. “I’m okay.I’m used to it.” He told her quietly. He spent the whole night at the performance with her, enjoying her company and even more importantly enjoying that at the very least for now she didn’t appear to be one bit interested in his wealth. He just had a good feeling about where this relationship would go.

-1 week-
Max took a deep breath as she looked herself over in the mirror one last time before the gala and smiled softly when she heard Ivar call for her. She made her way out to him and bit her lip hard hoping it would be appropriate "How do I look?" she asked softly taking his free hand in hers "Does this look okay?" she murmured smiling wide as he twirled her not taking his eyes off of her "I'm guessing that is a yes?"

Ubbe stood in their bedroom adjusting his tie and cufflinks while Carmen finished getting ready for the gala. He took a deep breath and smiled in the mirror needing to have a good face for this event. He had been so closed off since his appointment but he knew he needed to let this go for the sake of his relationship. It was just hard for him to push his pride aside fully when its basically all he grew up with.

Carmen finished getting herself together and walked out to him, “hey, can you get the clasp on the back for me?” She asked him, smiling when he turned around. “Ooh, if I didn’t think your mother would murder me I’d take the suit off now. I still love this grey one.” She smiled at him “Tonight I want you to relax... get drunk if you like we can get a taxi back... but enjoy yourself.” She told him, kissing his cheek before going down to get in the car with him.

Ivsr was leaning up on the kitchen counter, waiting for her, having to do a double take when he finally saw her come down but just nodded in approval. He’d asked her to join him at the gala after spending most days with her the last couple weeks. He wanted to show her off now. Especially in front of Sigurd.

Max smiled happily and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. She had been excited to be at this gala with him ever since he had asked. She felt this was him showing that he really did care about her if he wanted to bring her around his family so soon into seeing one another. Though she hoped that his brother's would be on their best behavior.

Ubbe chuckled softly and did the clasp for her "Mmm I might take you up on that offer." he murmured kissing her cheek before he made his way down to the car with her. Once they arrived everything was still getting ready to start. He sighed happily and got drinks for the two of them before finding where their seats would be for the night

Carmen found their table first and raised an eyebrow at the extra name next to Ivars. “Who is Maxine?” She asked him, setting her purse and stuff down by the table, taking his arm and heading out onto the back patio to get some fresh air.

Ivar smiled and took her out to his car, getting them in then just sat back in the seat. “You gonna stay the night again tonight?” He asked her. He’d managed to convince her a few nights ago just because of how late it was by the time they were ready to part ways so he had her stay in the guest room. But tonight he was sure he wouldn’t kick her out his bed if she wanted to join him.

Ubbe shrugged some and followed her out to the back patio "I'm not sure, mother said he took a woman to the ballet a few weeks ago. Maybe it is the same woman." he murmured before sipping his champagne a bit "Do we have everything packed to leave for our holiday tomorrow?" he asked quietly ready to finally have just a week alone with her.

Max smiled softly and gave a small shrug "Maybe, we'll see how tonight goes." she murmured leaning over and kissing him gently blushing lightly as he hesitated before kissing her back "So I will be meeting all of your brothers tonight?" she asked softly smiling at him

She nodded and watched him. “My whole suitcase is done. Yours is not. You just gotta finish putting your electrical in. No computer though. This is a holiday.” She reminded him, glancing over as Hvitserk made his way out to them. “Thank you for your help yesterday.” She smiled at him some. There’d been a bit of an incident at one of the clubs she was looking after and she couldn’t get ahold of Ubbe so she’d run Hvitserk instead and he’d come to help be the muscle to push back on the Italians trying to make the club one of their dealing spots.

Ivar nodded. “Except Bjorn.... he’s off travelling again. Won’t be back until my brothers wedding.” He muttered, playing with her fingers until they got there and he made his way inside, heading to their table with her and set their stuff down, eventually spotting half his family on the patio and he took Max’s arm, heading that way with her. He’d opted to leave his crutch behind for tonight. Not liking to be that visible in public events like this but he was trying not to lean on her too much “Well here are the only two worthwhile brothers of the Lothbrok family.” He called, ignoring carmen completely in the introductions, taking max out to them.

Hvitserk came out to balcony and smiled at his brother giving him a hug. He turned to Carmen and hugged her as well giving a small nod "Don't worry about it. We've increased the bouncers for the time being so that it won't happen again." He informed her. He didn't hate Carmen like his other brothers did but he was weary to her inclusion in their family business. He glanced over when he saw Ivar come in and went wide eyed seeing the beautiful woman on his arm.

Max walked with Ivar making sure to help him walk the best she could. She smiled happily seeing his brothers and laughed internally, they all were definitely very handsome. She stuck her hand out to shake their hands but giggled quietly as they both kissed her hand gently "It is very nice to meet you both. I'm Maxine." She said softly before turning her attention to Carmen "Hello, its nice to meet you."

Carmen frowned and looked her up and down. “I know who you are.” She told her, taking ubbes glass and went to get him a fresh drink and brushed past max.

Ivar frowned and watched his sister in law shaking his head. “Ignore the bitch.” He spat not caring that Ubbe could hear him and he took Max to sit downand wait for his mother to srrive

Max frowned softly not recognizing Carmen at all. She looked at Ivar and smiled softly giving a small nod. As they made their way inside she saw his lther brother Sigurd and glared some. He had paid a visit to her last week at work trying to buy her services because the Sons of Ragnar 'shared' at times. However, she could see straight past his lies and declined his offer.

Ubbe noticed Carmen's rude remark towards Max and frowned some "Is there something I should know?" He asked quietly to her

She frowned. “I worked the clubs with her a few times.... she stole money out my wallet. She used to steal clients and she’s thrown a drink at my head before..... she’s a fucking bitch.” She spat, passing him a fresh glass of champagne, slipping an arm around his back and stayed close.

Ivar held onto her and sighed a little. “You okay? What are you looking at?” He smiled, seeing her glaring but followed her gaze and found Sigurd. “You know my brother?”

Ubbe frowned a bit and gave a small nod "We will keep an eye on her." he mumbled before kissing her cheek gently smiling a bit when he saw a few collegues pass by.

Max gave a small nod and frowned softly "He has been by the club a few times." She mumbled before correcting her face and smiled happily "Would you like a drink?" She asked as Sigurd made his way towards them

Ivar nodded but grabbed her arm momentarily. “How does carmen know who you are?” He asked her frowning some.

Carmen nodded, keeping close until Aslaug arrived and she went to get her a drink.

Max frowned softly shaking her head some "I don't know...maybe the club? I don't recognize her." She said softly before she left him to it.

Sigurd made his way over smiling some as he watched Max "Look at you baby brother! Bringing such a woman here." He said smirking

Aslaug smiled at Carmen and watched the woman leave Ivar's arm "That must be the woman that has taken all of Ivar's attention." She said quietly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back