• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Valhalla Awaits

He smiled wide and pulled the box out of the drawer. “I want you to have this.... but to wear it around your neck for now” he told her, showing her the ring he’d chosen. “Just until it is time to tell my family.” He told her gently, cupping her face. “Get some rest. We will need it for the lunch tomorrow. “ he smiled some.

Aslaug had made sure that everything was ready, making sure the food was sorted and that she wouldn’t be in the kitchen, just in case of an emergency like the previous family get together but mostly she wanted to see her boys. Her eldest and her youngest. She kmew Ivar was in a good place right now but she was worried sick about Ubbe. She wanted him to be nothing but happy and ever since the video had been put out to him he’d been anything but.

Max smiled widely as she looked over the ring giving him a small nod "Its beautiful Ivar, I love it." She said softly before giving him another kiss and moved to lay with him.

Ubbe woke up the next morning and sighed heavily going to take a quick shower letting his hair out of its braids and giving it a quick rinse. As he stepped out he didn't even bother placing his hair into a bun just letting it stay loose for the first time in years. He got ready and made his way to his mother's house giving a heavy sigh as he made his way up to the front door.

She opened the door, pulling him into her arms. “Come in sweetheart. I made sure we got chicken and fish and salads... how are you doing?” She frowned some, getting him a drink and took him to the lunge.

He smiled and kissed her head. “I’m glad you like it.” He murmured holding her close, feeling like a weight had been lifted. He slept through the night with her, getting ready the next morning to go to his mothers. Letting Sven know that they would likely be going to Oslo after the lunch.

Ubbe hugged his mother as he walked in and gave a heavy sigh "I'm fine modir." He mumbled as they walked into the lounge

Max woke up the next morning making sure to look nice for the day before she placed Ivar's ring around her neck sighing happily. As they got to the house she gave Ivar's hand a squeeze and kissed his cheek gently.

Ivar frowned some, patting his shirt pocket. “I just need to speak to her about something but ill be right to the lounge with you in a minute... gin and lemonade my love.” He smiled, pecking her cheek once they got in and he took his mother to the side, leaving max with Ubbe after doing a double take when he first saw him. “He doesn’t look good.” He muttered to Auslaug

She frowned but nodded and hugged him right to her “I will always worry about you though. It’s my job as your mother.” She smiled, leaving him to it once Ivar and max arrived, going to speak to Ivar about a couple things in the dining room.

Max gave a small nod and kissed his cheek gently "Will do." She murmured softly before stepping into the lounge with Ubbe going a bit wide eyed at how he looked. She felt awful about all of this with Carmen. He was a mess and she felt it was partially her fault but she had an idea what Sigurd had planned to do. She gave a heavy sigh and bit her lip hard as she moved to sit next to Ubbe "Ubbe...I need to tell you something." She said quietly before taking a deep breath and explained everything that Sigurd had done and what had happened at the Bar that night before Carmen left.

Aslaug gave a small nod and sighed heavily "He is not well, I am growing worried about him. He needs her and he is just being stubborn about it all." She murmured shaking her head a bit before she fixed the table a bit making sure it was perfect.

Ivar frowned some, taking a seat rather than leaning on his crutch. “I am telling you mother and only you. I do not want my brothers to know about this until I am good and ready.... but I have asked max to marry me. She has said yes.” He smiled but tended when he heard both Ubbe and max start yelling in the lounge and got up quickly as he could, making his way in there. “What is happening?!”

Ubbe frowned some as he listened to Max and went wide eyed standing up to move away from her immediately "Are you fucking kidding me?! You've known this entire time and said nothing?! You helped my fianceé get abused and thought it okay to not say anything until now?!" He yelled ready to kill anyone in his path by this point

Max took a deep breath and shook her head some "No Ubbe its not like that! Sigurd threatened to kill Ivar and everyone else if I told! I'm sorry I just...I didn't want to hurt anyone!" She said before Ivar came in and blocked her from Ubbe's wrath

He glared at his older brother “don’t you dare speak to her like that!” He snapped at him, watching him head out. “Where the hell is he going? Fine. Mother looks like we’re having lunch without him.” He muttered, shaking his head some and pulled max into his side. “You okay?” He murmured, going through lunch with her and later on, took her into Oslo to get her a dress. “What happened with Ubbe today?”

Carmen had spent the whole day out by the pool in what had been their holiday home but was now her official residence. She’d gone back to work with her father but it didn’t mean she wanted to be in Italy. She got up once she heard her housekeeper calling her name, heading inside and frowning some. It was getting late by now and really she should have been eating some kind of dinner but shed been so invested in her book that she had never looked to check the time. “Who is Guilia?” She asked her, looking over at her wide open front door, everything dark beyond the porch but standing there under the lights was her man. “What do you want?” She questioned him coldly.

Max went on with the lunch and sighed heavily feeling terrible about everything. While on their way to Oslo she stayed quiet until Ivar finally spoke about the incident with Ubbe "I told him about Carmen...how Sigurd gave me a vile to spike her drink. He threatened your life Ivar....I was scared." She said quietly holding the ring around her neck tight in her hand "I need to tell you something Ivar..its very important."

Ubbe got on a flight immediately after finding out and sighed heavily when he finally found where she was staying knocking on the door. He was scared, worried of what she might do to him. He looked at her when the door opened and felt a lump form in his throat "Carmen..." was all he could muster at the moment unable to take his eyes off her.

She just stared at him for a minute before nodding towards her lounge. “Don’t let all the bugs in.” She muttered, shutting the door behind him once he was inside. “You look like shit.” She told him, her accent back to being the Italian it had been when they’d met. “You want a beer?” She would have liked to smack him round the face but one look at him had told her maybe she could wait til he looked less dead.

Ivar frowned some and turned to look at her. “Oh he did? And you didn’t think that maybe it was a good idea to tell one of us. There’s three of us... and one Sigurd. One useless fucking Sigurd... so you let him get her hurt and just never mentioned it? I won’t let him touch you and I won’t let Ubbe take his anger out on you but it would be helpful... if you would give me at least a warning? Hm?!” He was almost shouting at the end, tired of all the back and forth between the family. “This complicated things with the business.... what else do you need to tell me? Better get it over with.” He muttered.

Ubbe came inside the small house and took a deep breath moving to sit in her lounge. He shook his head and sighed heavily "No thank you, I just....I came to try and talk with you. I uh....I found out what happened." He said quietly

Max frowned and let him get it out. She deserved it that was for sur and she knew it. She sighed heavily shaking her head a bit "I'm sorry....I made a terrible mistake." She said quietly before taking a deep breath "There is something you should know about my family....who they are." She mumbled before taking a deep breath "My uncles.....my father's brothers....Herald Finehair and Halfdan the Black..." she said quietly trying to gauge his reaction knowing that they were one of their top enemies when it came to the illegal business

She frowned watching him. “Six months Ubbe. Six fucking months of silence! And you show up on my doorstep! If you know what happened then would you please fucking enlighten me because I still don’t! You wouldn’t even listen to me! You were so ready to throw ten years away. Just like that!” She snapped “Sigurd showed you a video of me sleeping with someone and after all the bullshit he put us both through you figured he was your number one reputable source?!” She yelled at him. “What the fuck happened?! I still don’t know anything beyond going to check up on the club and waking up the next morning!” She yelled at him.

He just stared at her shocked. “Oh yeah. Really fucking funny Maxine.” He spat, shaking his head. “You want to convince me that really you are from old Norse blood?!” He scoffed. “Just shut up. I don’t want to hear anymore from you right now.” He muttered shaking his head and turned her away, fuming over the fact her lying had put him in danger and herself with Ubbe.

Ubbe gave a heavy sigh running a hand over his face shaking his head a bit "I fucked up damn it! Look Max said Sigurd made her spike your drink....he did everything....had that man.. assault you...everything." he explained shaking his head a bit "I...fuck Carmen I'm broken without you."

Max frowned shaking her head a bit more "No Ivar...I-" she quickly shut her mouth though when she saw the look in his eyes and sighed heavily looking at the ground for the rest of the time

Carmen glared at him, swallowing back tears. “You’re broken without me? Does it look like I care?! Ubbe you are the love of my life and I’d be lying if I said I haven’t missed you but really?! That’s the best you could come up with?!” She snapped. “Not even a sorry?! I tried calling you every day that week because every time I fell asleep I was having nightmares. Nightmares about someone holding me down and forcing me to do shit.... sleep on the couch Ubbe. And in the morning you can go home.” She spat at him.

Ivar grit his teeth as they pulled up outside the boutique, getting out and headed inside with her, going to sit on the sofathey had by the changing rooms “Luisa. I have her here. Find her something. Make it quick. I’d like to be at home instead.” He muttered, shaking his head as he gently pushed her forward towards the woman who ran the place. He may have been fuming with her but he would never humiliate her and he would never beviolent with her he had sworn himself to that much at leat.

Max gave a heavy sigh as they walked inside and greeted Luisa as happily as she could before she looked back at Ivar "I'll be quick." She whispered before leaving to the dressing rooms "Something navy or royal blue this time." She murmured to Luisa

Ubbe took a deep breath shaking his head some "Carmen I am! Fuck I just want you back. I'm sorry for everything." He called to her before she left the room sighing heavily

She came back with blankets and a pillow ten minutes later, “if you want me to come back to you then you better get to fuckin work. And I’m not gonna tell you when I want from you. Work it out if you really want it.” She told him. “Get some sleep. And take a shower. You really do look like shit.” She muttered shaking her head and went to what used to be their room together on holidays but was now hers and hers only.

Margrethe called him once she arrived at his place andhis guard told her that he had left in a rush last night, just a little worried about him. “Ubbe. Baby where are you?” She asked him.

Ivar just nodddd and ran a hand through his hair, calling Sigurd whilst he waited to see what they picked. “Hello brother... we need to talk. I think you should come over for breakfast tomorrow.” He told him frowning, already planning how he was going to get around everything with his brothers.

Ubbe sighed heavily and gave a small nod as he took the blankets from her "Fair enough." He murmured before she left. He groaned as his phone rang and picked up "Margrethe I thought I made it clear yesterday that whatever was going on between us was through." He muttered

Max got her dress picked in about an hour and walked out to Ivar giving a heavy sigh "I've chosen my dress, I have shoes to match at home." She said softly to him

She frowned shaking her head. “You will regret this Ubbe.” She muttered, hanging up and left to go joke.

Ivar nodded, standing and waved to Luisa to charge the card they had on file for him, making his way out to the car. “They’ll send it over tomorrow.” He told her quietly, getting in the back with her. “I might have found a solution..... but please... don’t keep shit from me again. I can’t help if I know nothing.” He told her, taking her home and going straight to bed for the night.

Max walked out with him after thanking Luisa and got into the car with Ivar. She sighed softly but nodded some "I won't keep anything from you again Ivar." She said sincerly to him. As they got home she decided to clean up a bit before making her way up to bed.

Ubbe woke up the next morning and grunted softly thankful they had picked a comfortable one. He sighed heavily and went to the guest bathroom to clean up for the day and actually look presentable

Carmen walked down the hallway after her shower and frowned at him trying to sort his hair out. “Just to save you the hassle. If you go sit down I’ll do your braids.” She told him seriously, going to get dressed and met him down in the lounge. “Ubbe what happened to you? You look sick. What’s going on?” She questioned him once he was sat in front of her.

He lay there with her, wide awake all night long in pain and thinking everything over, finally managing to sleep at around 5 in the morning.

Ubbe gave a heavy sigh as he tried to fix his hair but failed miserably. He followed Carmen out once she offered to do his hair running a hand over his face as he sat down "I lost myself....I didn't know what to do. I worked myself to another fucking heart attack. Margrethe somehow came back for a brief period of time, and I'm just tired. Tired of all of this.." he admitted truthfully to her.

Max woke up late that morning and sighed softly seeing Ivar was still asleep knowing he must not have slept very well. She got up quietly and made her way to the bathroom to start a morning shower trying to be as quiet as she could be so she didn't disturb him.

She frowned and gently rubbed his shoulders for a minute to help him relax. She was pissed at him but she didn’t hate him and the last thing she wanted was for him to be hurting that bad. “Alright. Well all I’ve got in the house is meats and cheese for breakfast with crackers so we should go out.... you’re lucky I kept your clothes and didn’t just Chuck em.” She mumbled, getting through his hair quickly and headed up to get her own hair braided.

He woke up shortly after her to the shower going, pulling himself out of bed and dragged his body to the bathroom pulling the shower curtain back and joined her, getting onto his chair and just pulled her to sit down on his lap. “Good morning.” He murmured, already in a much better mood than yesterday.

Ubbe gave a heavy sigh and nodded softly letting her continue with his hair "Breakfast sounds good..." he said softly before rubbing his chest gently "They told me if it happens again I'll need surgery.."

Max jumped slightly when the curtain drew back but smiled softly seeing Ivar. She moved so he could get in easier and smiled happily as he pulled her to sit on his lap "Good morning." She said softly before peppering kisses all over his face "How are you feeling?"

She frowned but nodded and finished up, rubbing his chest gently, “then look after yourself.” She told him quietly, getting up once she was done wrapping his hair up. “How long are you going to be here for?” She questioned him, expecting that he would say a few days or something.

Ivar smiled, pulling her in close. “Mmm... sore. But I love you.... and I wanted my fiancée to start her day off happy.” He murmured, sliding his hand up her inner thigh, letting his fingers find her spot, working them expertly for her. He was very good at this bit, but he couldn’t force himself to work no matter how hard he tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back