• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Valerian's Finale: The Reckoning

Birdsie

The God-Emperor of Mankind

Navigation
IC
OOC
CS

It has been enough. Over five years has this went on unattended. It is year 751 of the Rivannian Calendar. Five years ago, Myhirus Valerian took the throne and enacted a vile regime that destroyed whoever opposed it. A regime of cruelty against the non-human species of the world. It is time to obliterate it.

Join the sinister king or the ones who oppose him.
An ancient evil awoke. It is coming near with every day.
Will you prevent its arrival, or be its ultimate aid?

Five years ago, Arthus Valerian passed a declaration of his illness. Being old and frail, the King abdicated and left the throne to his oldest son; Myhirus. The prince had a poor reputation. Rumors went around of him being an infernalist who practiced black magic, however, the prince denied these rumors, claiming they were nonsense.

And so began the bloody reign of Myhirus Valerian, son of Arthus Valerian the Second. Arthus was executed after he crossed paths with his insolent child. Myhirus began a tyranny, and the Rivannian armies quickly conquered the surrounding nations and islands, creating a regime; a true empire that his great ancestor wished to create before his reign too, was stopped.

Myhirus' soldiers employ vast magic and various forms of security to serve and protect the country, or so they say. Non-human races, elves, dwarves, all of them - treated like scum, or "second-class citizens," as the Rivannians call them. Some driven to the edge of genocide. They are kept in check via labor camps, executions, imprisonment, and others. Of course, there are those who can, in legal ways, obtain better treatment and become honorary "first-class citizens," but this is only by betraying their own brethren or having half-human roots.

The only reason Myhirus is still in power is due to the scientific and economic advancement his reign provided as if the gods themselves aided this insanity. That of course, is impossible and it is time to stop it once and for all.

Whether out of accident or destiny; you will play a crucial role in the upcoming days.
The downfall, rise, or stagnation of an empire is in your hands.
Will you become a rising beacon of hope... or the one who will extinguish it?

Things can go either way, so why worry about it? Let's just see where this goes.

Rules:
1. Attempt to post at least once per day.
2. At least a tiny paragraph per post. No one liners. All I ask is at least 3 lines of text.
3. I encourage you to have your characters' skills and weapons upgrade. If you decide to do so, write out what your character learned/gained in bolded text and then make the according change to your CS. Example below:

NEW SPELL: Fireball: Shoots a ball of fire.
(Now, you go to the CS area and edit your CS to contain this in the spell area.)

4. Be nice.
5. Have fun.
6. Feel free to add lore of your own and worldbuild as you wish.
7. I am always right.
8. When I am wrong, refer to the rule above.
9. P Paint The Wind is my Co-GM. Rule 7 and 8 apply to her as well. (She is always right. When she is wrong, refer to the rule above.)
10. Your characters' name and location should be found above the post.​

Last edited:

CHAPTER 0: Prologue
Date: 751-06-12
Time: 22:30
Weather: Heavy rain, black clouds

Myhirus Valerian
"I kill, I give life. I injure, I heal. There are none who escape from my hands. There are none who escape from my eyes," the king called out to the empty space before him. He slit his wrist with a ritualistic dagger and turned his right hand so that the wrist faced downward.

"Eternal life is given through death. Ask for forgiveness here, I do. I, the incarnation, will swear to finish what is due," he said, as his blood touched the circle drawn from chalk. The intrinsic patterns started glowing red. An eerie aura filled the air. The king's eight bodyguards were on guard and prepared for anything.

Myhirus looked at the summoning circle for a moment, slightly worried. He took some magical salts into his hand and started spreading them all over the summoning circle. "Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill. Let each be turned over five times, simply breaking asunder the fulfilled time. Let silver and steel be the essence. Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation. Raise a wall, against the wind that shall fall. Close the four cardinal gates. Come out from the crown. Rotate the three-branched road reaching the Kingdom," but as he continued, a golden shimmer and light started glowing with enough brightness to blind anyone who looked directly into it. It was hard to tell where it was coming from. Nonetheless, the despot carried on: "I shall declare here. Your body shall serve under me. My fate shall be with your sword. Submit to the beckoning of the Holy Grail. If you will submit to this will and this reason... then answer! An oath shall be sworn here! I shall attain all virtues of all of Heaven. I shall have dominion over all evils of all of Hell! From the Seventh Heaven, attended to by three great words of power, come forth from the ring of restraint, Protector of Balance!"

Finally.
An explosion of magic energy could be heard, as an angel swooped down from the heavens. He levitated in front of the light, covering it with his body and making himself look like a flying shadow. He was large, with 6 glorious wings of pure white color. He had an inviting, yet incredibly powerful aura to him. He wore white robes and had blonde hair with blue eyes. "Fear not! I answer to your call, a messenger of heavens! What is it you want from the gods?"

A demon materialized next to Valerian and spoke out of its turn. It had red, rocky skin and white, alabaster eyes, complete with a set of black horns.
"Not from the gods, featherface," the demon snarked.
"Vile scum. Your very presence here offends me," the angel whined.
"Why can't you people just sit on clouds and play harps like you're supposed to? Flock off, wingman,"

As the two argued, Valerian merely watched, until he interrupted the by saying: "Gentlemen, stop. We are gathered here to discuss the terms of our contract - not to bicker and fight. I would like to remind you that what we are doing is for the greater good of all creatures. Not just others, but ourselves included," Valerian crossed his arms and looked at the angel, who replied patiently. "Yes, I remember our contract, but you must remember that my hands are tied together by my vows as a messenger. Wretched king! I do know where you can find the Aligner but can offer no more help than that. You can find it in the Ankaran Sarcophagus within Jester's Reach. It has the form of a golden sword, held by an ancient warrior."

"Let's get moving, master," the demon hurried Valerian.
"Not me. You. You will go to Jester's Reach and bring me the Aligner. Are we clear, Malaphas?" said Valerian.
"Yes, your ultra-malevolent laziness," the demon replied, in a childish tone. His intent was to sound as irritating as possible.
"Watch your tongue or I'll rip it out of your mouth," Valerian snarked back at him.

Valerian's bodyguards were perplexed at the conversation they just witnessed but remained quiet and loyal.

CHAPTER 1: Overcome the Myth
Date: 751-06-14
Time: 8:00
Weather: Clear sky, hot

Gormick Mordoor, the Orc Janitor

Let me tell you a joke.

An orc and two guards walk into a bag. Can you guess why?
Because he needs a place to get rid of the bodies!
Hahaha!

Upon entering the bar with two city guards following him, Gormick took them to the back. "Zee? Humies, ya dan't understan good orcy brews!" He showed them the brewery. The two guards observed it with interest, discussing the quality of local beer and such, until the orc made his way behind them and put his hands on their helmets. He had their heads hit each other, smashing their skulls and most likely - killing them. Their bodies fell to the floor. "Ye daft grots, naw I'z gotta klin deez mess ap!" He took the bodies out the back, then left them there to rot and walked back in. He was hoping no one would find them there.

"Somtimez, I jus' wanna smash deez gitty humies skum like dey'z eggshellz in a drinkin' fing, and frow dem around like dey'z wiv sum evul dizees. Eh, I'z shud stap sayin' fings awt-lawd, or deez damm' sluggas gon' bust me." The orc monologued as he walked through the streets, with several suspicious citizens looking at him.

(OPEN FOR INTERACTION)

Let me tell you a joke.

An orc and two guards walk into a bag. Can you guess why?
Because he needs a place to get rid of the bodies!
Hahaha!

Upon entering the bar with two city guards following him, Gormick took them to the back. "Zee? Humies, ya dan't understan good orcy brews!" He showed them the brewery. The two guards observed it with interest, discussing the quality of local beer and such, until the orc made his way behind them and put his hands on their helmets. He had their heads hit each other, smashing their skulls and most likely - killing them. Their bodies fell to the floor. "Ye daft grots, naw I'z gotta klin deez mess ap!" He took the bodies out the back, then left them there to rot and walked back in. He was hoping no one would find them there.

"Somtimez, I jus' wanna smash deez gitty humies skum like dey'z eggshellz in a drinkin' fing, and frow dem around like dey'z wiv sum evul dizees. Eh, I'z shud stap sayin' fings awt-lawd, or deez damm' sluggas gon' bust me." The orc monologued as he walked through the streets, with several suspicious citizens looking at him.

Date: 751-06-14
Time: 8:20

"Ari, we received reports that 2 guards have been found dead outside the Drunken Dragon. The residents all seem to be mentioning a suspicious orc. I'd like you to bring it in for questioning. There's a reward as always."

Ari finished shining Mourning Song (His sword) as his communication crystal ball (basically an answering machine) rattled through the message. He picked up the crystal shard implanted at the top of it by the chain and wore it like a necklace. "Respond........Acknowledged," he said simply into the crystal

He didn't work for the guards. At least not as an official worker. He was just a go to merc for them. Why let all your guards die when you can kill off undesirable mercs? Too bad Ari survived everything they sent him out to do and drained their money like a vampire on blood.

He grabbed Mourning Song and his bow and headed out. After questioning several civilians about the city, he came across the orc. Ari was located on a roof top when he saw the orc. "Oi! Orc!" Ari jumped down in front of the orc, but stayed enough distance away to react to sudden attacks. "I have some questions for you." Since this was an orc, he was ready for instant aggression. His guard was up and his hand was on his sword. He was sort of standing like a samurai

The orc saw a weird human jump down from a nearby roof. This instantly triggered Gormick's inner sense and the need for self-preservation, making him unsheathe his two greatswords and stand at guard, but he responded to the call the human made. "Oi," the orc lowered his guard. Gormick heard Ari's request and saw no reasons as to why not answer said questions, but he was ready to bash the human's skull in if he had to. "Alrite, ye humies. Azk yer questionz, but 'urry up, wouldja? I'z got' maseff' sum stuf ta tayk kare of," the orc lowered his guard and awaited the supposed questioning. The only real reason Gormick avoided killing Ari was because it was only trouble to kill people in open sight. Some guards would show up and try to arrest him, and all that crap. Killing one man wasn't worth all that trouble.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

The orc saw a weird human jump down from a nearby roof. This instantly triggered Gormick's inner sense and the need for self-preservation, making him unsheathe his two greatswords and stand at guard, but he responded to the call the human made. "Oi," the orc lowered his guard. Gormick heard Ari's request and saw no reasons as to why not answer said questions, but he was ready to bash the human's skull in if he had to. "Alrite, ye humies. Azk yer questionz, but 'urry up, wouldja? I'z got' maseff' sum stuf ta tayk kare of," the orc lowered his guard and awaited the supposed questioning. The only real reason Gormick avoided killing Ari was because it was only trouble to kill people in open sight. Some guards would show up and try to arrest him, and all that crap. Killing one man wasn't worth all that trouble.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Ari rubbed his ears. "Geez........" he said. Ari wasn't intimidated by the orc in the least, even when it drew its swords. Ari's guard was mostly just instinct, so he lowered his guard but kept his feet set to move. He was more exasperated by the assault on his ears from its talking. Orc speech just sounded dumb. "I got a report of a murder and you were mentioned by these people saying you were bragging about killing them. Did you kill 2 guards by bashing their skulls?"

Last edited:
The orc realized that he's in pretty deep. He decided not to be a coward and act like a true orc. Gormick relaxed his stance, preparing to move his legs, in either the form of a charge or a dodge. "Az a matta of fakt... I dyd! I tuuk dei' skulz an' smashd dem togetha! Whachu gun' du, abaut et, humien?" Gormick prepared to fight. There was bloodlust in his eyes, and he would attack at the slightest provocation from Ari. It was crystal clear that Gormick had the intent to kill, unless the mercenary left him alone.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

The orc realized that he's in pretty deep. He decided not to be a coward and act like a true orc. Gormick relaxed his stance, preparing to move his legs, in either the form of a charge or a dodge. "Az a matta of fakt... I dyd! I tuuk dei' skulz an' smashd dem togetha! Whachu gun' du, abaut et, humien?" Gormick prepared to fight. There was bloodlust in his eyes, and he would attack at the slightest provocation from Ari. It was crystal clear that Gormick had the intent to kill, unless the mercenary left him alone.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Talking was a dead deal to this orc, Ari knew. He pulled out his bow. "You get one last chance to give up, orc, or I'll have to use force." Of course, it shouldn't seem to this orc like force was much, but Ari was no pushover like the guards always seem to be. He strung his bow and prepared to fire.

Ari inhaled deeply as he concentrated on the orc's leg. "Shredder." A small tornado whipped up at the tip of the arrow.

(OPEN FOR INTERACTION)

Rachele woke up to the sun shinning through her window. Seeing this she quickly got up and walked over to her window staring out to the sky smiling. Mornings like this made her forget everything. She looked at the bright blue sky wishing she could go out. But she was pretty sure her parents would not hear of it. She would like to go into town just once if she could. She kept her window open letting in the slight breeze and started brushing her hair. The servant would be in here soon to dress her. As she sat infront of her dresser, brushing her hair, she looked into the mirror staring a her eyes. Recently she had been wondering about where the heck eyes came from. Her parents didn't red or blue eyes. They had dark brown. Also her eyes were big and weren't human looking at all. Also she had been having strange dreams recently and they felt so real like a...memory. She shook her head. "Well it's probably nothing important." she murmured to herself.

Suddenly there was knock at the door. "Miss? Are you up? I've come to dress you." She answered not bothering to look at the door. "Come in." She had her usual attire put on and once she was done the maid left after telling her breakfast would be served soon. Once the maid was gone Rachele walked to her window and looked out . She put her hand on the railing leaning against it. She was hoping she would just get to be alone at breakfast today. Sometimes it wasn't always the same people. Sometimes it would be the king, or his helpers would be there with him. Her parents would sometimes come. She just wanted to avoid everyone. She didn't want to hear mother go on about different parties and events that Rachele would be forced to go to. On top of that she really didn't want to see Myhirus. She had been avoiding him for a while now and so far it's been working.

Suddenly she heard scratching at the door. She opened and smiled to see her Luna. "There you are where have you been?" She picked her up and sat down on her bed. One of the reasons why she loved Luna so much was because of her eyes. They were like hers big and two different colors except the cat eyes were yellow and blue not red and blue. "Maybe you me are more alike then we think huh?" She sat the cat next to her on the bed and grabbed a cat toy and started playing with her.

Her cat Luna
053 (2).jpg

Gormick stood there, seeing the man take out his bow. He groaned in anger, then put one of his greatswords back in its holster. He took out a metal axe from under his loincloth and held it in his right hand, with the sword in his left. He was mad, probably about to attack, but he was thinking about how he could do it for now.

???
Ari could hear a voice, speaking to him, as if it dwelt inside of his mind. It was hard to tell who it was, whether a man or a woman. "Look at his eyebrows. See? Those are angry eyebrows. He's on the attack. He's thinking about some way of defending against your arrow, and once he finds one that's good - your bow will be useless."

Suddenly, the orc exclaimed in a satisfied voice: "Parfekt!" The orc ripped out a strong, wooden door with metal frames and used it as a shield.

The voice spoke again. "He'll throw it at you as soon as you shoot... after it hits, of course," and then it went silent.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Beatrice
Beatrice's Colony - in the woods

Beatrice was worried sick as one of the children she had taken in fell ill. She had no fear of catching it due to what she was. And even now she was backed into a corner. If she wanted to help the kid she would have to go into Valerian territory. Which was dangerous for her and the children. She would be walking into a possible death trap and the kids would be left on there own where Valerian soldiers would find them and execute them. "Oh my god what should I do?" Beatrice buried her face in her hands just from sheer stress.

(Open for interaction)

Malaphas (NPC)
"I believe I may just be of help to you, madame!" the suspicious clown said, in a joyous voice.

A suspicious being that oozed with inner darkness appeared in the shadowed corners of the room, walking out from them and revealing himself. The fingers of his hands were crossed like a bent pyramid, then he continued speaking.
latest

"My name is Malaphas, and I am a daemon* (read: deimon; it is important to note that there is an 'i' in there,) that helps in exchange for payment," the entity said with the same happiness "I propose a short-term contract to you. Do you know of the Ankaran Sarcophagus, or rather, the place where it is held? I left some important items in it a thousand years ago, and I need to find it at once! I've heard that you mortals make legends and myths about all that stuff; my sarcophagus included. If you could show me where it is, I will gladly help your prodigies and heal them!"

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi
Daemon*A species of demons that differ from their kin, as they are much more neutral than evil. Some of them are good and feed off of kindness. They also make deals, but they can, instead of buying your soul, buy other esoteric things, such as dreams, or shadows to sustain themselves. They are like the parallel counterpart to fallen angels and could be called "Arisen Demons"

Last edited:
Gormick stood there, seeing the man take out his bow. He groaned in anger, then put one of his greatswords back in its holster. He took out a metal axe from under his loincloth and held it in his right hand, with the sword in his left. He was mad, probably about to attack, but he was thinking about how he could do it for now.

???
Ari could hear a voice, speaking to him, as if it dwelt inside of his mind. It was hard to tell who it was, whether a man or a woman. "Look at his eyebrows. See? Those are angry eyebrows. He's on the attack. He's thinking about some way of defending against your arrow, and once he finds one that's good - your bow will be useless."

Suddenly, the orc exclaimed in a satisfied voice: "Parfekt!" The orc ripped out a strong, wooden door with metal frames and used it as a shield.

The voice spoke again. "He'll throw it at you as soon as you shoot... after it hits, of course," and then it went silent.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

A weird voice came into Ari's head and spoke. "Not enough magic to defend this bow.........." he muttered. He did, however, take the voice's advice into consideration.

"Guardbreaker." The Arrow changed and glowed orange. It was now covered in gunpowder. Ari released the bow. When it hit the wooden door, it sparked the gunpowder and exploded, obliterating the wooden door and hopefully but unlikely sending shrapnel into the orc's face

That orc was gonna die full of arrows if it didn't close the distance and soon

Beatrice reeled back when some thing just popped up. She was already primed for anything it tried "OK one you don't sneak up on people like that. And two I am a dragon, See the wings? See the tail? And third, I have yet to hear about this legend. Maybe you can fill me in?" She was willing to listen because of how much she cared for the orphans. The Daemon offered her a deal she couldn't refuse.

Birdsie Birdsie

Gormick thought he smelled something as he walked closer to Ari. "Ganpowda?!" he muttered to himself, shocked. When an orc smells gunpowder, he knows something's bound to blow. "Et ain't gon' be me!" He discarded the door, throwing it towards Ari perfectly at the moment he shot his arrow. The door and arrow hit each other midway between the two, exploding and covering the battlefield in white dust. Before Ari could realize what the silhouette behind the dust was, Gormick rushed at him, swinging his greatsword towards Ari and preparing to unsheathe the other.

If Ari managed to dodge or parry the blow somehow, Gormick would perform a 360-turn, swinging his second sword at even greater power. In spite of the orc's beastly appearance, it was clearly more imaginative and perhaps even intelligent than what you could initially mistake it for. There were smarts in that skull, in uncanny amounts for an orc.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Malaphas (NPC)
"Ah, a dragon. Truly wondrous creatures - and uncannily powerful. I tip my hat to you... if I could. I am stuck in this form, you see. The clothing is a part of my body," the daemon spoke, then stopped for a moment and thought. "Ah, yes. The legend. You see, here in Jester's Reach... a battle took place a thousand of years ago. A noteworthy one at that, for it changed the course of history and the fate of the world. Once upon a time, there was a young boy from the peasantry... Although he was just the son of a meek farmer, his wish was to become the greatest knight! That day, I, Malaphas showed myself to him. I am a demon of deception, you see? I wove pretty lies, euphemisms, all that good stuff - before I became a deamon with a softer heart. So I told this youngster that my name is Jester, and I would help him become a knight, but I warned him that to achieve dreams that are impossible is a path of solitude and loss. Unfortunately, the boy accepted - so I gave him a magical, holy sword. It was a sword among swords that I obtained from an angelic seraph very long ago, but that's not a part of the story. Its name was Excalibur, the sword of promised victory," the jester, as he told the story, looked around and walked around the room, examining different items.

"However," said Malaphas, looking up at Beatrice with rather saddened eyes. "The boy didn't heed my warning and pursued the path of a righteous, honorable warrior. Although admirable, it was still a mistake. He saved many people but killed many others with the sword. Even a few of your kind that happened to be foolish enough to stand in his way. And one day... the king himself granted him the title of a true knight and ordered him to save the princess from the grasp of an evil jester - me," Malaphas stopped. He turned his whole body and looked through the window, towards a small field, full of flowers, surrounded by animals. "However, he recognized me. He knew it would take more than a gold-coated chopstick to take me down, so he called the whole army. And I called my diabolical friends in return. The battle was grandiose in size. Demons against men. Men against demons. And then he swung that golden stick at me, I knew I was done for... but I cheated fate. I reached out with my hand and stopped his, laughing," he briefly turned around to emphasize: "That's why they call this place Jester's Reach, by the way; cause I reached the sword with my hand," and turned back to the window.

"I slid his body into a sarcophagus that laid behind him, hidden previously, along with the sword, only to have him locked in it as he died of oxygen deprivation. I do kind of feel bad about it since he was a good boy and a hero; maybe a future king if I didn't kill him, but I was a bad, bad man back then," he turned back to Beatrice with his full body. "I let the princess go and drowned the sarcophagus in a lake, to never be found again, and left for over a thousand years, ostracized by the humans that wanted to get me for what I did... until I realized I left something important in it. Of course, my own brethren started to shun me, because I felt regret for killing the boy, but..." He stopped again.

"I became a daemon, and now I need to find the sarcophagus, either way," said Malaphas. "I tried to look in the lake, but it just isn't there. Did you people take it out and put it in some dungeon? I sure hope it wasn't opened, cause that would mean some meanie adventurer has my stuff and Excalibur too, now! I do have the only key, though."
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

(Exposition Above)
MAIN STORYLINE GOALS FOR THIS CHAPTER/ARC: (you don't have to do any of this, it's just the ways of progressing the story, pretty much. In other words; do it if you want, the story will go forth favorably for either side, no matter what)
King's Side:

• Find the Sarcophagus (Mainly applies to Malaphas)
  • Interact and establish character
Anti-King Side:
  • Establish Character
  • Meet each other and interact
  • Stop Malaphas, if possible, and if they find out about his plans

"Tell you what Daemon. I'll try and find Excalibur but if it is indeed in a lake I will be useless. See like you I'm trapped in this form. To make a long story short when I was about say 400 or so I wooed a Sorcerers son. The Sorcerer was not happy and he hunted me down. He cursed me and removed my ability to shapeshift. And with So if it is truly is in a lake I'll have to cut this deal off. I don't like wasting others time." Beatrice walked over to the ill child and placed her hand on her forehead. "And I hope I can find it easily. This child needs help and soon."

Birdsie Birdsie

Malaphas (NPC)
"Ah, but I did already search the lake. It wasn't there. If I found it there, would I truly be here? Whatever, regardless," the daemon started spinning his hand on his chest's level. It left behind a blue, translucent smoke that soon materialized into a healing potion, the size of three clenched fists, rather large, indeed. Inside, was a red liquid. "This is a potion called; 'The Potion of Life's Glory,' a small relic I collected years ago. I am a collector of artifacts, relics, rare items and such, you see," he looked at it as he explained its properties. "This potion can cure any illness with a mere drop mixed in water. In fact, it is so potent, that if you put one drop of it at the very beginning of a river, the whole river and a small portion of the sea it leads to would retain very high healing properties for months, if not years. Its range of healing goes from simple cuts to magical diseases, to death itself. And it can cure even a rotten corpse of death, returning it to perfect condition, that is above normal capabilities; in other words, not only does it heal, but it grants the drinker a temporary supernatural condition. They have the strength of ten men, the speed of ten horses, and perception of TEN eagle-owls!" said Malaphas.

"Find me the sarcophagus, and its yours... Forever... or at least until you drink all of it," he added. It was clear that whatever was in the sarcophagus was worth a lot to him since this potion is the type of stuff you see in myths and legends. You could also deduce the demon must have been very old to have such an artifact and trade it for something so quickly - and if he was so old, he had to be in possession of more such artifacts.

Who stood before you was powerful.
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Gormick thought he smelled something as he walked closer to Ari. "Ganpowda?!" he muttered to himself, shocked. When an orc smells gunpowder, he knows something's bound to blow. "Et ain't gon' be me!" He discarded the door, throwing it towards Ari perfectly at the moment he shot his arrow. The door and arrow hit each other midway between the two, exploding and covering the battlefield in white dust. Before Ari could realize what the silhouette behind the dust was, Gormick rushed at him, swinging his greatsword towards Ari and preparing to unsheathe the other.

If Ari managed to dodge or parry the blow somehow, Gormick would perform a 360-turn, swinging his second sword at even greater power. In spite of the orc's beastly appearance, it was clearly more imaginative and perhaps even intelligent than what you could initially mistake it for. There were smarts in that skull, in uncanny amounts for an orc.
"Aegis!" Ari's Tattoo glowed and a black shield surrounded him, repelling the attack, but cracked upon the first hit. A strong attack from this orc. Ari threw down a Talisman then flipped backwards as the shield broke with the orc's second hit. Tsk. One more Aegis for the next 30 (minutes), Ari thought.

With the orc now where the shield just was (due to momentum), Ari was ready to fire again. "Cold Steel." The Arrow glowed blue as it was now covered in Liquid Nitrogen. He fired it and it struck the Talisman. An explosion ensued and a thick cloud of Nitrogen covered the area in a thick white freezing smoke. Ari unsheathed Mourning Song and charged, intending to keep the Orc in the Freezing smoke until at minimum, its movements slowed, and at best, it froze completely

Ari thrust at the Orc's leg, trying to stab it

The orc's left leg froze completely, making him incapable of moving it correctly. The ice was thick from all the nitrogen. Gormick sheathed one of his swords and started hitting the ice with his hand, but before he could finish, Ari stabbed into his leg. Although the ice was an impediment, it also helped ease the pain - and in conjunction with the orc's resilience, the pain was completely numb. With Ari's sword stuck in his leg, as the ice unallowed him to properly pull it out, the orc reached out with his free hand (the one he previously used to hit said ice,) and tried to wrap it around Ari's neck, to, perhaps strangle him.

???
The voice warned Ari of the Orc's incoming grasp. "Watch out!" it said as soon as Gormick moved his hand toward Ari.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Beatrice looked at the potion with obvious interest. "I'll look for it. But in return I wish to ask something of you. Stay here with the children. They cannot fight on their own. I know what Valerian and the humans want to do to these children. I don't fully trust you but that potion is too precious for me to allow my distrust to cloud my vision. I'm taking my leave now." Beatrice grabbed a cloak and jumped down from where they were talking. "Not sure how long I'll be gone just make sure the Elvish girl doesn't die!"

Birdsie Birdsie

Malaphas (NPC)
Malaphas was about to state: "What? That's very irr--" she jumped down, "--responsible..." his face became flat. He ducked his head in the direction of the children and walked up to the elven girl. He took a small tonic from under his robe and tilted her head, to give it to her to drink, commenting on his action: "It is a healing tonic. It probably won't cure you, but it will ease the symptoms," he poured in a reasonable quarter of the bottle's contents into her mouth, then moved his hand back and watched her for a second. "This is as much as I will do for free. You will be fully cured once I regain the sarcophagus and my dear items inside it," said Malaphas.

The daemon turned to the rest of the children, taking out a large ball from under his robe. "NOW WHO WANTS TO PLAY BLITZBALL?"
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

The orc's left leg froze completely, making him incapable of moving it correctly. The ice was thick from all the nitrogen. Gormick sheathed one of his swords and started hitting the ice with his hand, but before he could finish, Ari stabbed into his leg. Although the ice was an impediment, it also helped ease the pain - and in conjunction with the orc's resilience, the pain was completely numb. With Ari's sword stuck in his leg, as the ice unallowed him to properly pull it out, the orc reached out with his free hand (the one he previously used to hit said ice,) and tried to wrap it around Ari's neck, to, perhaps strangle him.

???
The voice warned Ari of the Orc's incoming grasp. "Watch out!" it said as soon as Gormick moved his hand toward Ari.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Ari jumped back from the hand at the voice's behest. Almost got his neck snapped. Ari looked at the orc's face, then walked out of the nitrogen cloud backwards and pointed his bow at where its face was.

There was no way in hell the guards could keep this beast contained. Wasn't his problem though. He was getting paid to deliver. "Alright orc." Ari said. "You can give up now, or I'll freeze you solid. Either way, I'm getting my money." He wondered why this orc did it in the first place. The murder. Was it needless?

"That's quite enough, Ari." A chief guard walked up, clapping arrogantly, as if Ari was below him. He tossed a bag of gold at Ari and walked over to the orc, who's hand should be too frozen to move effectively. "Big boy," he said, patting the ice. A big group of guards came and heaved the giant icicle up to carry off

"Let me get my blade," Ari said
"Come by the station," the chief said simply
"I need it now."
"And I need you to come get it later." The chief retorted

Ari had to follow alongside the orc, who should still be able to speak, but not really move as only his head wasn't frozen.

Ari hated the chief. If he wasn't so sure this orc would attack him, he'd melt this ice and get his blade, while the orc wrecked everything

The orc was shocked with what was happening. One second, he was reaching out, the other, a group of human scumbags were carrying his frozen body. "No... NO!" He turned his head to Ari. "Ya cen't let dem dow dis!" he tried to barter in fear. "Ya kno' wat they'z gon' do to me? They'z gon' kill me! I den't want ter die!" he pleaded with Ari again. "Iv ya help me eskaip, I'z gon' pay ya twice what they'z pain ya! And I'z gon' frow in a fiev fri drinkz at da dranken duragen! I'z even letja mit ma' parentz, dey kan meik ya rich! I'z swer on me honor az 'n orc!" he continued. Whatever ferocity the monster had, his voice seemed convincing, hell, even somewhat genuine. And since he wasn't stupid, he should have known that lying right now wasn't a good option.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

The previous telepathic voice seems to have quieted down, offering no further advice.

Atlas' back ached slightly, and he shifted his position against Myrva's sleeping body. He had been leaning against the dragon for a while now, and wearing cold, hard armour while leaning on similarly hardened scales was clearly not good for his body. Nonetheless, he really hadn't much else to do while not being deployed on whatever orders he was given. But boredom was something he only occasionally experienced, despite the amount of time he put into doing nothing. A small smile and barely audible chuckle escaped him as he turned to his friend, though it sounded more akin to a grunt. He'd yet to have found another companion or being that invoked such a reaction from him, and he preferred it that way. There was less to worry about, and less heads to check on every few seconds to ensure they hadn't vanished, like his family.

Myrva's eyes began to slowly open. Atlas assumed his moving around had woken her up, and he looked at her apologetically. She simply stared at him wearily, before proceeding to lazily yawn, causing a rather fair-sized gust of wind followed by a noise of similarly large volume to come out from her mouth. He stroked her frantically, admittedly embarrassed by the event, and hoped no one was around to hear.

(OPEN FOR INTERACTION)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back