• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Vehemen Academy - Academy of Hunters

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Ravyn let out a long sigh, her red locks flopping over her face.
" I just want to stop thinking. I've already blown it."
She bent over at the waist and sprawled her top half out on the counter, the cool marble biting at her cheek.
" Why not go all out..."
She looked up at Kiyoshi from underneath her eyelashes. Maybe a little flirting would make her feel better.
" None of this feels safe. Two girls have gone missing... "
She sat up and propped her chin up with her arm.
" I saw you at the battle..."
She glanced away. Kill 'em with shy cuteness.
" If the time came..."
Ravyn looked up at him with the most innocent, sparking, adorable eyes she could manage at the moment.
" Would you protect me? "

hashimoto kiyoshi
scroll!

On the list of things Kiyoshi was expecting (which were, namely: irritation, frustration, anger, the slight chance of even a slap or an attempt to bodily shove him out of the way, and the absolute worst case scenario being if she were to burst into tears), what Ravyn actually did wasn't even on it.

It was innocent enough, at first. She sighed lengthily, which was more than justified because she must have been tired, "I just want to stop thinking. I've already blown it."

"You didn't blow anything," he soothed—or, at least, attempted to soothe, but he hadn't tried to comfort someone in ages, so the effectiveness was up in the air. "We all did our best, and you contributed more than your fair share." She was the one with the impromptu flamethrower, wasn't she? That was something that he'd certainly never think of.

And then she... laid her torso on the counter. And that, granted, was a little strange, but again, she must be tired, and she'd been ejected rudely from her room by their intrusion (however indirect), so he couldn't judge her choice of resting place. She met his eyes, her own half-lidded, which—which made sense, considering his theory that she must be tired. So, so tired.

Good thing she didn't drink any alcohol. That plus exhaustion was never a great combination.

"None of this feels safe. Two girls have gone missing..." She sat up, chin propped up on her hands. Maybe she power-napped while he'd blinked and now she was re-energized. His theory that her interesting behavior was due to her fatigue was rapidly falling to shambles before his eyes. "I saw you at the battle..." Ravyn dropped her gaze. "If the time came... Would you protect me?"

When she met his eyes again, this time he was the one to break eye contact first.

With horror, he wondered if—if his peer were flirting with him. A clearly delusional part of his brain was insistent that this must be what it was, but he tamped it down. Clearly, she was feeling a little bit—frazzled. That was fine, they were all a little high-strung. Still, that didn't explain why she was looking at him like that—

In panic, he tried to make eye contact with his roommate and perhaps the only almost-friend he had. Please help, he tried to communicate through facial expression alone, which was quite a task considering that he tried his best to be pretty stoic when it came to the emotions on his face. But surely Adrian had more experience with this than him!

"Of course," he replied dutifully, if a little strained. With a gargantuan effort, he met her gaze again. "I'd do my best to protect you, like I would do my best to protect anyone else here. I'm sure that most of our peers would extend you that same courtesy." He hesitated. "Are you feeling—well...?"

Ravyn sighed and twirled an errant curl around her finger. This was going to take a little work. Good warm up. It was so cute to see them flustered.
"I'd do my best to protect you, like I would do my best to protect anyone else. "
Oh. Oh. It is on. A small smile danced on her lips.
" I'm feeling just fine, now that I know you're here for me..."
She stood up slowly and took a small step towards him.
" So... Kiyoshi, right?"
She selected her words carefully. Ravyn knew what she was doing.
"Tell me something about you, since we've been shoved into this world together, might as well get to know our... peers..."
She bit her lip slightly before saying the word 'peers'. A sweet and borderline sultry look glimmered in her emerald green eyes. She was pulling out all the stops for this.

hashimoto kiyoshi
scroll!

If you'd asked him, Kiyoshi would have told you that he'd chosen his words carefully. They weren't offensive or rude (or so he hoped), but they should have also diplomatically steered the conversation away from Ravyn's brand of leaning on counters and asking him with some strange intent if he'd protect her—on the very, very off chance that she had somehow been trying to flirt with him.

Which, he realized in dread, with every passing moment seemed to be looking more and more likely.

It was probably unkind of him to think so, but he regarded her hair-twirling and the smile that appeared on her face with some amount of foreboding. And—if he were being completely honest—with some amount of fear.

She said, "I'm feeling just fine, now that I know you're here for me..."

Like I am for everyone else too, he meant to insist, but it got lodged in his throat when she stood up—slowly! and vaguely threateningly in his not at all panicked opinion!—and took a step forward. Instinctively, he took an equal one back and felt his back collide with the cabinets. Oh dear. He'd forgotten that he was pretty pressed up against them as it were, since this whole thing started with him trying to dissuade her from drinking and thus attempting to block them off.

"So... Kiyoshi, right? Tell me something about you, since we've been shoved into this world together, might as well get to know our... peers..."

Well, he thought faintly, at least this was an improvement over nightmares and screaming. And inebriation.

"Erm—" Over her shoulder, he desperately made eye contact with Adrian again. If Kiyoshi hadn't been a terrible person in a past life, please someone bail him out of this situation now. The kettle spilling, maybe, or even a Poex—a small one. Just enough to distract. "I have—two parents. And what about—what about yourself?"

Ravyn smiled sweetly.
" Me too... "
She took another step closer, this time with a small hip swish.
" So, where're you from, Kiyoshi?"
She tilted her head slightly and looked up at him innocently. He was so cute! She'll make him squirm a little bit more, then she'll stop. The shy ones are always super adorable.

Turning away from Elise, Adrian noticed a rather peculiar sight. Kiyoshi, in his attempts to block of the alcohol supply from Ravyn, had somehow ended up the more desperate of the two. The blue-haired boy was shooting him panicked glances while in conversation with the girl, looking very uncomfortable. Hm, what was this about? Adrian wasn't all too sure what they were talking about, but he was sure that Kiyoshi could handle himself. He came off as someone who was rather in-control of his situation. Or, at least he'd seemed like that for the short while Adrian had known him.

Now that he thought about it, Adrian realized that he really didn't know anything about anyone. Only their names. Surveying the others with a careful eye, he resolved to be more careful. Nora vanishing had been a sobering event, one that detracted from the mysterious world he now lived in. Well, whatever. Everything could wait for his coffee. Sweet, glorious coffee. The lack of coffee was seriously getting to his head.

Dismissing whatever was going on with Kiyoshi and Ravyn, he turned to the upper cabinets, rifling through them for a mug. Preferably the largest mug they had. But no dice. Wherever the mugs were, they were managing to successfully elude the uncaffeinated gaze of Adrian. He moved to the lower cabinets, leaving Sir Polealot leaning against the wall, and searched through them as well. They were similarly devoid of mugs. Who'd have known that mugs would be so hard to find?

Adrian groaned painfully, still crouching on the floor to peer into the cabinets. Would he have to drink from the coffee pot, because he would. Anything for coffee. Although, he realized, there might just be one more place to look. Clambering up to his full height and re-equipping Sir Polealot, Adrian turned his gaze towards Kiyoshi.

Huh. What's this? The boy was even more panicked now than he had been a few minutes ago. His eyes were practically pleading for help at this point. What was he talking about that made him so panicky? Adrian approached, fueled by equal parts curiosity and mugosity. Within earshot of the hushed conversation now, he listened in to what Ravyn was saying.

"I'm feeling just fine, now that I know you're here for me..." Kiyoshi backed away as much as he could, now pressed up against the cabinets behind him. "So... Kiyoshi, right? Tell me something about you, since we've been shoved into this world together, might as well get to know our... peers..."

"Erm— I have—two parents. And what about—what about yourself?"

"Me too... So, where're you from, Kiyoshi?"

Oh. So that's how it was. It was a bit surprising that they'd be flirting so quickly and especially so early in the morning. But, well, it wasn't an impossibility. He could certainly recognize that there was a possibility for attraction amongst the group, despite - or perhaps because of - the way they'd all met. Adrian stopped before he could get too close. He'd best leave them to it. It certainly wasn't his place to interrupt. Ah, but no, trusty Sir Polealot reminded him. Hath thou forgotten thy mug? O that container of blessed ambrosia, willst thou forsake it? Nay, good Sire. I shall not, Adrian realized. Emboldened now and reminded of his true goal, Adrian stepped forward to interrupt the flirtatious conversation.

"Hey, Kiyoshi," Adrian muttered tiredly, inwardly apologizing for the interruption. "Mind helping me look for a mug? They might be in one of the cabinets behind you."

vxnilla vxnilla xXx.lovely.xXx xXx.lovely.xXx

Elise Friedhelm.

Elise swallowed nervously as she watched the exchange between Frederika and Hanna.

“She...seemed to have some sort of power that manipulates our perception of her presence or something like that. There’s a good chance that she walked out on her own.” She knew her words weren’t helpful, but she hoped it would at least put her own mind at ease. The chance that it was a Poex was slim. Nigh zero, at that. However, she—and likely Cleo as well—was painfully aware that there existed other threats: the Faciete. If it were them… No, she didn’t wish to think about it. It wouldn’t do to induce more panic by announcing what was mere speculation in the end.

Evidently, the 3rd generation otherworlders were all stressed, what with Ravyn asking for liquor. Elise’s eyes, worried but honest to a fault, slowly traveled towards the cabinet directly under the sink. She wasn’t much of a drinker while Cleo preferred to filch drinks from the fridge, so the bottles of hard alcohol hidden behind the various oil flasks had remained largely untouched. That didn’t mean it was ok to simply hand “the strong stuff” over to a girl who was likely younger than her.

Fortunately, Kiyoshi was quick to deny the redhead’s request. Having moved to block off Ravyn’s access to the sink cabinet, he appeared to have an instinctive understanding of the organization of their kitchen (or perhaps it just meant they needed to hide the bottles in a safer location lest they get busted by school faculty).

Distracted by her plans to discuss the issue with Cleo, Elise jumped when addressed by Adrian.

“A cup?” she squeaked. She followed the taller boy’s gaze which landed on the electric kettle in her hands. “Oh, right. Coffee. Sure.”

However, her legs refused to move the moment she heard suspiciously flirtatious-sounding words. From the kitchen, no less.

“If the time came...would you protect me?”

“I'd do my best to protect you, like I would do my best to protect anyone else.”

“I'm feeling just fine, now that I know you're here for me…So...Kiyoshi, right? Tell me something about you, since we've been shoved into this world together, might as well get to know our... peers...”

Guys, the kitchen is a place for cooking. Not flirting. Elise wept bitterly to herself. It was good to know the redhead was feeling well enough to flirt, and Elise wasn’t one to blow her top over such trifles, but still. How could they defile her holy sanctuary like this?

Nevertheless, she, as their resident coffee and tea toter, had a mission to fulfill—one that she was about to fail miserably as she proceeded to trip on thin air upon taking a single step.

Elise had imagined a horror scene like this many, many times. The sweat on the palm of her hands slicked the metallic surface of the electric kettle, sending it flying over her head before she could even say, “eh?” Her eyes widened in fear as she witnessed her precious kettle sail in a clean arc towards Kiyoshi of all people. All in slow motion.

If not his foot, at least save my kettle! she internally screamed.

Then, the scene cut short.

Elise blinked. Gone was the catastrophe which played in her head. With a moderately heavy thump, she had twisted and stomped down hard enough to rebalance her weight in a relatively smooth maneuver. Two years of training had also granted her a strong grip, keeping her longtime metallic comrade safely nested in her arms unlike in her overactive imagination. However, in the place of her fabricated terror came a completely different feeling of distress. They said that your true personality shows through during times of great crises. She had never thought of herself as a selfless Virgin Mary, but she’d rather believe she was on the side of the spectrum who cared for her allies. Had she always been so materialistic?

“Hey, Kiyoshi. Mind helping me look for a mug? They might be in one of the cabinets behind you.” Once again, Adrian’s words cut off her thoughts. In a far less embarrassing manner this time.

Emboldened by Adrian’s interruption of Ravyn and Kiyoshi’s scandalous one-on-one session, Elise continued onwards into the kitchen.

“The cups are in the cabinet above the sink,” she informed the two boys with a quick point before refocusing her attention to her kettle.

With practiced movements, Elise filled up her kettle with filtered water and promptly ported it over to their coffee maker. Half of the kettle’s water was poured into the coffee machine while the other half was left to boil in the kettle. In the meantime, she finally spotted her previously missing step stool and lightly kicked it over to the still-open top cabinet. Upon collecting her coffee grounds, matcha tea leaves, and a teapot, she made one final lap back to the coffee machine to insert the coffee grounds and switched the machine on to brew.

“Cups are self-serve,” she announced tiredly. Having a full dorm again was lively, but a single morning was enough to remind her of the extra work it meant.

Last edited:
Hanna looked at Fred's face, and saw the concerned look on her face. Hanna didn't like this at all. If Fred was a close friend, Hanna would have given her a good hug, but in reality they were basically strangers that only knew each other for a few hours at best. "I swear if you start crying Fred, I'll start crying" Hanna warned as she gave her a pat on the back. "Everything is going to be ok, and when I say it's going to be ok, it's gonna be ok" Hanna told Fred, but it was more like she was telling herself that it was going to be ok.

Hanna could hear the flirting going on, but she didn't question it, she was more of a straight up person, who just kinda told people when she liked them....which may explain why she's never dated anyone before. Hanna got a coffee cup and waited for the coffee to finish brewing,"Fred, do you want some coffee?" Hanna asked. She was glad to have everything somewhat calm down, though it was still a little tense, it wasn't as tense as when they woke up. Hanna would decide to return to her room, and relax in the bean bags because they were more comfortable, and to be alone with her own thoughts, and she didn't want to hear any more of that disgusting flirting shit, it made her feel sick to her stomach.

~Frederika von Eisenhart~
-- Remaining Vehemen Academy Student? --

Wearing: Underwear
Location: Vehemen Academy, dormitories, 3rd floor, living room

---

A slow nod was Frederika's response to Hanna on the couch, this time more comfortable with the other girl's ministrations. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, and spoke soon thereafter. "Nein... I do not plan on crying." The formidable girl looked over at Hanna, her visage steeling in intention as she spoke her next words: "What I do plan on is determining the events that have led to us losing those that we have, and ensuring they do not occur again." She let out a slow exhalation, and before long her omnipresent stoic expression had returned. "But that is for the morning, and the future thereafter."

She glanced over at the continued natter going on the kitchen, raising an eyebrow at the oddness of it, but ultimately dismissing it; it seemed friendly enough not to be concerned about, and there were more important things to attend to. She stood in a single dignified motion despite her appearance, and waved off Hanna's offer of a caffeinated beverage, thanking her regardless. "I am going to attempt to salvage whatever precious few moments of sleep are still available at this point. I would advise anyone else who is able, to do likewise," she continued, turning to the other students. "If this is how our lives are to be in this place, we will need what rest we can get. Gute Nacht," she ended with a nod of farewell before following Hanna into their bedroom and climbing wordlessly into her bunk to dreamless sleep.

Last edited:
hashimoto kiyoshi
scroll!

Kiyoshi had thought that he and Adrian were—friendly, at least, and maybe even headed down the route of friends. But that may have to be re-evaluated, because he knew for a fact that the brunette saw him (and really, there was no way he didn't see the panic, right?), and instead of doing something to diffuse the situation—he had options! break a plate, distract Ravyn, knock Kiyoshi out cold with a solid blow from the cane he was still holding for some reason—he simply... turned away and began sifting through the cabinets.

For the remnants of Kiyoshi's dignity, maybe.

"So, where're you from, Kiyoshi?"

His attention snapped back to Ravyn, who had gotten even closer while he, unfortunately, could not step backwards unless he wanted to throw himself through the wall. "Oh, uh—" he began awkwardly, "I'm from the same world you're from, I imagine." He paused, and in the ensuing beats of silence realized she likely wanted something with a little bit more detail. (Though, if he were being honest, he didn't know what she wanted from him.) "Japan, to be specific."

At the end of his harried addition, he didn't know what to do besides stare at her with wide eyes, wondering if he should keep the conversation going and return the question, or if it'd be better to feign temporary deafness. Before he had to make up his mind, Adrian—thank whatever gods were listening, clearly they did have a bond—cut in.

"Hey, Kiyoshi." His voice was tired, the kind of tired that cast doubt about whether Adrian was purposefully saving him or not—but Kiyoshi could care less about that, so long as Adrian gave him an out. "Mind helping me look for a mug? They might be in one of the cabinets behind you."

"Yes, of course," Kiyoshi said, seizing upon the opportunity gratefully. He perhaps answered too quickly, considering the casual nature of Adrian's question, but the fear of humiliating himself beyond repair, should the conversation with the redhead girl continue, was too potent.

Elise, one of the more experienced students, graciously let him know that "The cups are in the cabinet above the sink."

With a nod, Kiyoshi wasted no time in slipping out from between Ravyn and the wall behind him to make his way over to the sink. He opened the cabinet above it, studiously devoted to the task of locating a mug for the other boy. After a few moments of deliberation, he chose one out of the selection and—carefully avoiding Ravyn's gaze on the off chance she could smell fear—turned, proffering it to his roommate questioningly. "This was the largest one in there. Would you like a smaller one?"

Ravyn frowned slightly, but picked her game right back up. Now there were two.
" Oh hey Adrian. "
She flashed her signature charm filled grin and gave him a quick once over. God he was hot... She bit her lip, gaze lingering on his bare chest for a split second longer.
" Sorry for the... commotion. Things have just been so... crazy."
And they were looking for a mug. #ignored. No one blows off Ravyn Bellanova that easily. She followed Kiyoshi and stopped when she was standing right next to him. She stretched out her hands on the counter, mint green acrylic nails clicking on the marble. Rocking back on her heels, she upped her game, adding a honey-like smoothness to her voice.
" So, Japan, huh? I've always wanted to go. What's it like?"
The flirting was helping. If she put on a pretty face, her mood would eventually reflect the act. Look happy, eventually feel happy. She gave the tripping Elise a glance that could have read as concern and relief as she recovered, but it only lasted a moment so the true meaning was unclear. Back to flirting. Clear your busy thoughts and fill them with pick up lines, subtle flirts, and blown kisses in the dark.

Last edited:
"Yes, of course," Kiyoshi replied, honestly appearing much too desperate to be anywhere but near Ravyn. He was pressed up against the cabinets even harder now, looking like a mouse cornered by a particularly playful cat. Clearly, their flirting hadn't been going as well as Adrian had believed. A bit unfortunate, but perhaps for the best. Adrian wasn't sure about anyone else, but he certainly would find it a bit more awkward if this kind of flirting were kept up all the time, what with all of them living together and all.

“The cups are in the cabinet above the sink,” Elise called out from behind Adrian. Turning around, he saw her pointing to the exact location. Before Adrian could make a move towards the cabinet, Kiyoshi was already there, practcally teleporting away from Ravyn, which, given his ability, wasn't entirely out of the question.

"Oh hey Adrian," Ravyn smiled, not seeming the least bit perturbed by his interruption. "Sorry for the... commotion. Things have just been so... crazy."

Her gaze lingered just a bit too long on Adrian'd chest and he once again was hyper-aware of his partial nudity. Crossing one arm awkwardly over his torso, he flashed as bright a smile as he could manage before sunrise with no coffee in his body yet. If it ended up as more of a pained grimace, then Adrian blamed Sir Polealot.

"This was the largest one in there." Kiyoshi proferred a massive mug that would take both hands to hold securely. "Would you like a smaller one?"

A small smile spread across Adrian's face, this time feeling it be much more genuine. Putting down Sir Polealot, he took the mug from Kiyoshi's hands, treating it as he would an intricate glass sculpture.

"No, this is good. Perfect, actually," he answered. "Now I just need to fill it."

Adrian turned back to the coffee maker, which Elise appeared to have already started. As soon as it finished, he called first dibs. Behind him, Adrian heard Ravyn resume her one-sided flirting. Sneaking back glances, he debated interrupting again. Clearly this wasn't something Kiyoshi was very comfortable with. But... it wasn't entirely a bad thing. If nothing else, Ravyn was no longer seeking to drown her woes (or at least her night) in alcohol. Flirting was a better way of distracting herself, and Adrian doubted that Kiyoshi would be unable to handle himself. As a last resort, he could always flee. Confidence bolstered, Adrian shot Kiyoshi an apologetic look and promptly retreated to the coffee maker.

xXx.lovely.xXx xXx.lovely.xXx vxnilla vxnilla Nano Nano

hashimoto kiyoshi
scroll!

Kiyoshi hadn't considered how praying for his roommate to come and bail him out of an awkward situation meant that Ravyn would simply have two targets. In the time it took him to grab what mug looked like it could hold the most coffee, he could hear the girl striking up conversation with Adrian—and while her tone was as honeyed as ever, the words were at least less... coquettish than they had been before.

He couldn't hear a response. When he turned and Adrian smiled and took the monstrous mug from him without a second thought, handling it with the kind of care reserved for mothers carrying their children and not young adults holding dishware, Kiyoshi thought he could attribute that conversation's death to what was shaping up to look like a severe dependence on coffee on Adrian's part.

Kiyoshi was partial to tea himself, but who was he to judge?

Unfortunately, it looked like Ravyn was undeterred. (Which was nothing against her, personally, he was sure she was lovely and that he'd enjoy working with her in a purely professional capacity in the future, but he was also woefully unequipped to deal with her... unique brand of forwardness.)

He looked over to see her as close to him as she had been before he made his escape. "So, Japan, huh?" she mused. "I've always wanted to go. What's it like?"

This was an innocent enough question, right? If he only overlooked the tone in which she asked it...

Too bad that, now that he'd noticed and had classified her advances as some kind of flirting, he was unable to pretend to himself that it wasn't. He swallowed, looking over at Adrian—who merely glanced at him in apology before darting away to his ambrosia.

Kiyoshi stared mournfully after him. He couldn't blame him, of course; it was an—awkward situation, at best, and Adrian had no obligations to someone he'd only known for half a day (and even that was a generous approximation), but he couldn't tamp down the despair at seeing his chances of ducking out gracefully slim to about zero.

"Japan is lovely," he said honestly to Ravyn. At least that was an auspicious start, right? "The landscape is beautiful and the food is excellent..." How was his mind blanking on details about a place he'd lived in his whole life? "The people there really emphasize, ah, personal space."

Was that rude? He hoped it wasn't. He didn't want to upset her, especially since she'd been upset just moments before. It was just—if this made his comrade-in-arms feel better, then so be it, he didn't begrudge her that. But maybe he'd feel less panicky if there were more room in between them...

Ymir D. Ceciline

...And that, concludes what we know so far about you Otherworlders, and what we believe are the best actions to take.

In an otherwise pretty much empty room, Ms. Ceciline talked to the two students that were sitting across from her at this small round table. Her own office desk was at the far back, with a thick layer of paperwork piled on the surface. A large shelf with books and documents was against the wall on the opposite side. Some simple paintings adorned the rest of the empty walls. Other than that, Ms. Ceciline appeared to be a minimalist, her office simple and sophisticated.

Her speech was much briefer, but covered basically the same details that Principal Rolvel had told the group of Third Generations when they first arrived after introducing himself. To summarize what she said briefly along with the attitude she gave off, it’s basically a single blunt statement: “You guys are from another world. We don’t know much about you guys, but everyone now looks up to you and expects a lot from you. So now you’ll be students here and play the heroes to save the world, regardless of what you personally want.”

It was now 7:40AM. The two students were brought into her office only 10 minutes prior. They arrived quite coincidentally at around the same time, except while one willingly came to the academy herself, the other lad seemed to have taken quite an effort to be “captured” before he was brought to the very same place, by this time readily succumbing to whatever fate he would have to deal with. Principal Rolvel was busy in yet another meeting, so the job of introducing the two otherworlders became hers.

Usami Endo and S. Maxwell. Two new Third Generation that were fortunate enough to avoid a Poex fight as soon as they were plunged into the world, and also the only two third generations that arrived much earlier than the group discovered just a day ago. Nonetheless, they were all still pretty much new to Lumen and the responsibilities they are to face as both Otherworlders and now students of the Vehemen Academy.

After her version of the same speech with the same content, she proceeded to take out two sets of uniforms that she placed onto the table, one female and one male.

If you are comfortable with our decisions,” as they should be, as there’s really no other options. “We would like to welcome you as new fellow students starting today for the Vehemen Academy. You two manage to come on time right before the opening ceremony starts for this semester. These are the uniforms that are prepared for you. You are free to change into them now. We’d bring your original clothes to your dormitories that you’d be able to retrieve after the end of today.

“You two will be joining the rest of the Third Generation Otherworlders that you both will be meeting soon. For now, I will like you two to make it to the opening ceremony. I apologize if this seems rather sudden with not much time for you two to get comfortable with the campus first.” She paused momentarily when her phone rang, and she got up to answer it, giving a slight nod as she listened to what has been told on the other end. Then, she turned around on her heels, directing her focus back to the two students.

After you two change--there are some locker rooms down the hallways that are lockable, please come back here. An administrative teacher will guide you both to the auditorium and your corresponsive seats for the opening ceremony.

With that, the first day of the new semester begins---

Mentions: nios nios Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

Last edited:
Cleo Donovan
Nora’s disappearance would eventually be of a heavier concern for her as well as all the other Otherworlders she’s with. Ravyn calmed down soon enough, and everyone, upon realizing that nothing serious did happen, all proceeded to move to the kitchen. At this time, it seemed like another third generation’s disappearance wasn’t as surprising and impactful anymore, though she wouldn’t doubt that an additional weight had certainly been added to their minds. How did she disappear…? Where had she gone to…?

Cleo was the last to leave the room, promptly climbing up the small ladder on the side of the bed and placed a hand on the mattress. Judging from the wrinkles on the sheets, it was certain that someone had been laying on it. Despite the surface being already fairly cold, there was a thin trace of warmth left. So she was here...And disappeared not even that long ago, maybe only even a couple moments before Ravyn woke up from her nightmare.

She vanished without a trace. Could she have run away herself? But then, for her who’d just returned from the outside, how could she miss her? It is also unlikely for it to be an action by the Faciete, who shouldn’t be this foolish to invade the academy territory at night and kidnap a girl from her room--too much risks come with it.

So what’s the possibility…?

It’s never impossible to consider that maybe, just as she had abruptly come into this world, that she’d abruptly returned.

The distant sounds of various chatters could be heard from the kitchen now, accompanied by the sounds of mugs clinking and the sounds of the coffee machine. Cleo climbed back down, exhaling a quiet sigh, before leaving the room. The scenes that entered her view as she reached the kitchen were quite amusing. Any remaining trace of Ravyn’s previous anxiety had faded as she was now cornering the poor blue-haired lad in an attempt to woo him. Elise and Adrian didn’t seem to be able to provide much help to save him from the situation, instead settled upon to peacefully make coffee. Frederika and Hanna settled upon going back to sleep, which is actually the smartest choice here...Being that there’s actually still a couple hours before the sky would start lighting up.

Not even an actual 24 hours spent here in Lumen, and not even an hour had passed yet after Ravyn had gotten her nightmare, and these people are already going about flirting and chilling, huh.

In the two years she’d spent in Lumen, Cleo was forced to interact with people she’d never dealt with before, or only briefly until she left school. People who were much purer, had less dirty tricks in mind. People who do things without having three times different intentions at the back of their heads, or people who do things simply because they wish it’s for the better for the people around them, or even for society. She had mingled herself in the dirty, violent lifestyles of gangs for way too long that if she hadn’t been thrown into Lumen, hadn’t met her former comrades, she could still imagine herself drinking away while hiding at a back alley with the police sirens ringing in the background.

Now, as if she’s like anyone of a normal society, she’s witnessing the innocence of people just trying to enjoy life amidst all the mess. Frederika seemed to be the one who was genuinely concerned and serious about their lives here, though unfortunately her suggestion to tell everyone to go to sleep went by unheard.

Maybe even Ravyn was coping to the situation by flirting, though the poor lad at loss had become the true victim to all these. Ah, poor Kiyoshi. Even his roommate had given up helping him.

The bitter sweet aroma of coffee soon began to fill the kitchen and the living room space, waking everyone here up even though it’s still fairly dark outside. However, it looked like none of them here would be returning to sleep any time soon. Cleo herself was not really one for coffee, but a cup of cold water would be nice. She was about to pass by the duo, but stopped briefly just as Kiyoshi responded awkwardly that Japanese people value personal space as Ravyn inched closer, not in any way thinking of giving up.

Kiyoshi, you have a spider on your chest.

She said flatly, as if having a spider on someone’s chest is the most natural thing in the world. Then, after witnessing whatever reaction this had elicited from the two, her lips curled up into a mischievous grin. “Just kidding.

The cold water running down her throat felt extra refreshing.

With that, a couple hours passed.

----

By seven in the morning, everyone would be up and about, though not like the majority of them had gotten enough sleep anyway. First night at Lumen was spent quite sleeplessly for most of them, and a lot did happen in just a single night. Nora’s disappearance. Elise and her kettle. Ravyn’s nightmare and flirting games. Kiyoshi the Victim, witnessing Adrian’s Betrayal.

But amidst all of them, Frederika and Hanna slept, properly, like most of the students out there who had been preparing themselves for the first day of classes along with the opening ceremony.

Their original clothes aside, everyone would be putting up their new school uniform, which would be hanging in the closet in their rooms. Despite it seemingly not matching in size upon first glance for some of them, upon trying to put it on, the uniform strangely changed itself to fit according to the wearer’s body proportions. The upper portion of the uniform was the same for everyone, and was quite elegantly designed. Sparing the details of the ornaments and eloquent patterns that came with it, it consisted quite generically of a dark grayish-blue uniform overcoat with the academy badge on the left chest. White dress or shirt underneath, secured by a belt around the waist, and black leggings or pants, depending on the gender.

After a quick breakfast consisted of simple toast and butter, and about 20 minutes before the opening ceremony began, the Otherworlders left the dormitories to finally face their first formal day in the Vehemen Academy.

Mentions/Interacted: briefly @ everyone, specifically at vxnilla vxnilla and targeting xXx.lovely.xXx xXx.lovely.xXx

Last edited:

Burel F. Rolvel

The Third Generation Otherworlders, upon entering, would be directed to sit at the front left seats of the huge auditorium. The lights are dimmed except for the ones that shone on the stage, where a single podium stood in the center, no one had yet to stand behind it.

They arrived briefly 10 minutes before the ceremony began, led to their seats by an administrative teacher. Upon arriving, they would notice that two students were already sitting there. The administrative teacher, with a smile, would explain to them quite simply.

“These two students were also discovered this morning to be Third Generation otherworlders like you and would be joining you guys for the rest of your time in this academy. Feel free to familiarize yourself with them.”

With that said, he left, leaving these Otherworlders to handle the two new arrivals by themselves. Though, time would not permit them to have much of any legit conversations. Soon, a girl with long, dark purple hair wearing the same school uniform--identifying her as another student--would be walking onto the stage, stopping behind the podium. Her hazel eyes stared into the crowds of students below her before she spoke--a sweet, gentle voice loud enough for everyone to hear through the microphone.

“Um, we would like to start now,” she started. The auditorium, which was originally filled with chatters and laughters, soon grew quiet. Upon realizing that she did not need to say anymore words to silence everyone, the girl seemed to be relieved. “Thank you.”

“My name is Dana Khaen, the secretary of the Student Council. I welcome all the returning students back to the academy, and also would like to welcome all the new students who have chosen to walk on the path to become Hunters, the protectors of the city, and the protectors of all citizens, by joining this academy.” She gave a brief intro, her tone trembling slightly as she was only newly elected to become the secretary last semester, completely forgetting that public speaking would be part of her job as she would be responsible for starting the ceremony off.

She inhaled deeply and let out a long breath to cease her anxiety, before restating the last line she had practiced continuously for her speech.

The Opening Ceremony of Year 2472 would now begin.

A small pause, no one in the audience seemed the least surprised, perhaps except for the Otherworlders. Dana gulped before saying the last line. “For the remainder of this ceremony, I would like to welcome our principal, Burel F. Rolvel, to deliver his message.”

Finally. On the side, the principal let out a small sigh. Today had been a busy day, with all the meetings in the morning, sudden appearance of two new otherworlders, and just 30 minutes ago reports of yet another Third Generation gone missing. He watched the previous student happily hurrying her way off the stage before taking his time to reach the podium himself. Stressed eyes with heavy eye bags then glanced over at the crowds below him. However, the man did force himself to stand straight and cleared his throat. The everlasting, shining smile returned back to his lips.

I know Dana said it already, but I would like to welcome all of you back to the academy.

After that line would begin a long, boring speech typical of any principal of any schools. However, he stopped briefly to recognize the otherworlders sitted below him.

As many of you have heard, this year, we have the pleasure to welcome yet another generation of Otherworlders into this academy. Many of you have already learned this from the media, but I feel it necessary to address it again. May their addition be a blessing to this world, or at least, a good sign of what is to come.

Muttering among the students increased, and many began to shift themselves in an attempt to look at the Otherworlders. However, Principal Rolvel clapped his hands twice to get the attention back. “As we are all aware of, as unwilling as I want to admit, Praeces is now faced with increasing dangers not only from the heightening appearances of Poex around, but also with increasing criminal and illegal activities. Because of this, we would have to work harder to battle against the Evil that lurks within our world. I would like to remind you all, as fellow students of the Vehemen Academy, to remember your honor to be looked upon as future hopes of this country, if not the world, and to bear in mind the responsibility that comes with it. It is likely that from now on, your time here with each lecture and training will gradually increase in difficulty. You’ll be forced to be plunged into the dangerous world outside, whether you’re ready mentally yet or not. I would like you all to be prepared to face whatever obstacles that come your way.” The man looked down at the students, giving everyone a confident smile. “But I’m sure you will all be able to achieve what you come to this academy to do.”

“Your dear vice principal, Ms. Ceciline, would share the last couple words with you after the Student Council. Ah, and for those falling asleep, please wake up. WIth that said, my speech is over. May we give a round of applause for our student council president…

...What followed next are speeches after speeches, as how it always goes for the opening ceremony. Time passed by slowly, here, though really, only an hour passed. Ms. Ceciline ended on a note that instructed all new students to proceed to the next course of action, which is to leave the auditorium and go to the room across from it to have their identification picture taken for their students ID cards. Apparently, the ID cards would not only give them access to this academy and serve every basic function of a student identification card, but also acts as credit cards with enough allowance money that they would be able to use during their time in this academy.

Then, while they had their pictures taken, the Third Generation would have their phones taken by the administrative workers who proceed to run their phones under a small rectangular machine with a square hole located at the center. A buzz could be heard as the phone was placed inside. When taken out, the otherworlders would find that all applications that were originally on their phones were replaced by new, strange, unfamiliar ones.

“We have included the academy app that contains all guidelines, maps, and rules that you must follow as students of the academy,” the administrative worker explained. “After you create an account and log in through the app, which is the one with the giant ‘V’ as the logo, you should be able to see your own information as the students here. It will include all updates on your progress, your performance, grades, etc. Also,” he paused. “It also contains all contact information to all professors and administration offices, so if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.”

“There are also a couple of popular social networking apps that we added onto your phone, like Instogurami and FacePage, if anything. Now, it is...Roughly time for you guys to start heading to your first place,” he took a quick look at the clock. He handed them their new ID cards. “Now, leave.”

Throughout the whole process as the Third Generation spent their time leaving the auditorium, waiting in lines and walking through the hallways, it would be natural to hear the contents of students muttering about around them. They would realize that they’re the center of attention for a lot of the students, and through each whisper it would only be natural to catch a few.

“...Another generation…? So soon…”

“Waah, aren’t they all so cute~Three hot guys, a bunch of adorable girls...So tall though...”

“A new group of so-called ‘heroes’, huh...More competitors…”

“I wonder why society still look at them like they’re some sort of saviors, look how badly they screwed up last time…They’re no one special…”

“Whatever, I’ll look up to them still...Wondering how well they’ll perform…”

Regardless of what the people around them are saying, the Otherworlders would now proceed to go to their first class of the day. The Second Generation would separate themselves from the Third generation to attend their corresponding classes as juniors of this academy, while the third generation would be attending Professor Kikuchi’s lectures alone.

Interacted: briefly @ everyone

Last edited:
[div class=container]
font call outhellohello
[div class=img1] [div class=mentions][div class=scroll] [div class=tag]location[/div] someplace in Raevedel
[div class=tag]mentions[/div] everyone
[div class=tag]interactions[/div] anyone
[div class=tag]mood[/div] . . .
[div class=tag]outfit[/div] [div class=outfit][/div]
[/div][/div] [/div] [div class=namecon] [div class=instruct]click me
!
[/div] [div class=role]third generation otherworlder[/div] [div class=name]usami[/div] [div class=nameo]usami[/div] [/div] [div class=body][div class=scroll]
[div class=dialogue]"I've been here for at least a few days and I've already managed to learn so much..."[/div] Usami gripped the broom, or at least the remnants of it, in her hands. Its shaft was severed from its bristles and was in desperate need of sanding. Claudorick seemed pleased with his handiwork. His chest was puffed with pride.

Claudorick, the owner of the pub, had been suspiciously accomodating with Usami since her sudden arrival. Throughout the course of her stay, he found her a place to sleep and even provided food to eat without asking for payment. It wasn't like Usami could pay him either way. She found that the currency in this place was completely foreign to any she was familiar with. Much to Usami's dismay, she had to use a rolling chair to help her move around from pub to the local inn, but it was either that or Claudorick carrying her around as if she were some child.

Claudorick would give her small pieces of information about the world she was dropped in from time to time, but Usami noticed from the tone of his voice that there was more to it than he was letting on. It was as if he was holding back information and maybe it was because Usami didn't bombard him with questions as a normal person would do in her situation. Regardless, Claudorick was useful for keeping her alive.

After witnessing the so-called Poex attack the day before and discovering there were others who shared the same marking as Usami, Usami became curious if there was a way to leave this place called Lumen. That night, Usami decided to get the answers herself and found herself outside of the pub with Claudorick the next morning. The broom's shaft was a rather peculiar farewell gift seeing as Claudorick only lent her things he had in his trunk- clothes included. He could not accompany her to the Academy, which would lead Usami to venture into the city on her own.

Claudorick, who stood a foot taller than Usami, stared down at her with a solemn look on his face. Unfortunately, Usami could only return one with a dull disposition. [div class=dialogue]"Now listen up, kid. Don't forget the directions I told ya. Just follow the red banners and keep along the busy road, ya hear? Ya can't miss 'em."[/div]

Usami peeked toward the direction Claudorick was pointing and then back to the intricate map he had equipped her with. She nodded her head to confirm to him that she was indeed listening before meeting his gaze once more. She was met with the warmth of a smile and after a few more instructions, she took her leave.

She was in his debt, but once she leaves Lumen there will be no way to repay him. Usami looked over to the pub once she was a block away, but he had already gone inside to start the day's work. [div class=dialogue]"Perhaps in another life, we will meet again, Claudorick..."[/div]

. . .

Usami followed her caretaker's instructions by following the banners and map, but often had to stop a couple of times from getting tired. The makeshift braces made from brown belts were of little help as they tended to slip down her legs.

She eventually found herself before the massive front gates of the renowned Academy. Its architectural combination of old Victorian with the same modern twist stood out among the rest of the city. If she was nervous about the security blocking her entrance or cornering her into an interrogation, she hid it well. The girl appeared to be rather unperturbed as she saw on the holographic television that the ones with the marking were held to high regard. A guard did approach her as she predicted, and Usami made the effort to show the marking on the nape of her neck. It wasn't long before she was hurriedly escorted to an office.

[div class=dialogue]"If someone had tattooed the same marking, possibly anyone can be taken in,"[/div] she thought to herself as she was then instructed to sit within the lightly decorated office. Although suspicious of her surroundings, she was grateful to have a seat to rest in after her tiring trek through the city. She came to realize how much her weak legs ached.

Usami was met by a woman who oddly reflected the bland contents of her small office, and not too long after another individual was brought into the room. However, this one was far less willing to be here. His stature was rather broad and his complexion strikingly pale against the clothes he wore... Usami did not have enough time to fully take in the male before the one who introduced herself as Ms. Ceciline began speaking.

Her speech contained information similar to what Claudorick told her throughout the week, but still, none of it was able to answer the questions she desired to be answered. Ms. Ceciline's tone held no room for question, and a part of Usami knew that should wasn't being given an option. She felt as time was being rushed as a set of clothes were thrust in her hands and her feet were carrying herself to the locker room. Then, she was being herded by the so-called administrator to the auditorium and planted in a seat. Her life didn't seem her own the moment she stepped foot in the academy known as Vehemen. The only thing Usami believed she was capable of doing was rest on the chair while being accompanied by a complete stranger with pale, untended hair as students began to filter in the spacious auditorium. She leaned against a propped elbow while her grim thoughts ran a marathon within her mind.
[/div][/div]
⠀♡coded by uxie♡
[/div]

[class=container] --img-1: url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/2d/39/7f/2d397f37f1559bb43bec3a1bfba3c192.jpg'); --bg: #fff; --mbg: #fff; --color-1: #798368; --nameoutline: #9b8d80; --border: #e2dcd9; --txt: #383230; cursor: url('https://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2wj9k9UPt1qfamg6.png'), auto !important; [/class] [class name=container minWidth="450px"] height: 350px; width: 450px; border:1px solid var(--border); margin:auto; display:flex; flex-flow: row wrap; position:relative; justify-content: space-between; background-color: var(--bg); [/class] [class name=container maxWidth="449px"] height: 315px; width: calc(100% - 2px); border:1px solid var(--border); margin:auto; display:flex; flex-flow: row wrap; position:relative; justify-content: space-between; background-color: var(--bg); [/class] [class name=img1 minWidth="450px"] height: 350px; width: 40%; background: var(--img-1); background-size:150%; background-position: 50% 50%; position:relative; [/class] [class name=img1 maxWidth="449px"] height: 315px; width: 40%; background: var(--img-1); background-size:150%; background-position: 50% 50%; position:relative; [/class] [class name=instruct minWidth="450px"] font-size:10px; font-family: 'Raleway' , sans-serif; color: var(--txt); position:absolute; bottom:7px; left:20%; [/class] [class name=instruct maxWidth="449px"] font-size:10px; font-family: 'Raleway' , sans-serif; color: var(--txt); position:absolute; bottom:7px; left:3%; [/class] [class name=namecon minWidth="450px"] height:16%; width: 60%; position:absolute; bottom:0px; right:0px; box-sizing:border-box; padding-left:5px; padding-bottom:5px; [/class] [class name=namecon maxWidth="449px"] height:20%; width: 60%; position:absolute; bottom:0px; right:0px; box-sizing:border-box; padding-left:5px; padding-bottom:5px; [/class] [script class=namecon on=click] fadeToggle 500 mentions [/script] [class name=name minWidth="450px"] font-family: 'Abril Fatface', display; color: var(--color-1); font-size:55px; position:absolute; bottom:-10px; right:5px; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class name=name maxWidth="449px"] font-family: 'Abril Fatface', display; color: var(--color-1); font-size:55px; position:absolute; bottom:-10px; right:5px; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class name=nameo minWidth="450px"] z-index:7; font-family: 'Abril Fatface', display; color: transparent; -webkit-text-stroke: 1px var(--nameoutline); font-size:55px; position:absolute; bottom:-12px; right:2px; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class name=nameo maxWidth="449px"] z-index:7; font-family: 'Abril Fatface', display; color: transparent; -webkit-text-stroke: 1px var(--nameoutline); font-size:55px; position:absolute; bottom:-12px; right:2px; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class name=role minWidth="450px"] font-size:10px; z-index:6; font-family: 'Raleway' , sans-serif; font-style:oblique; letter-spacing:1px; font-weight:400; position:absolute; bottom:24px; left:-24.8%; text-align:right; background-color: var(--color-1); padding:2.5px; padding-top:0.5px; padding-bottom:0.5px; [/class] [class name=role maxWidth="449px"] font-size:9px; z-index:6; font-family: 'Raleway' , sans-serif; font-style:oblique; letter-spacing:1px; font-weight:400; position:absolute; top:0px; right:8px; text-align:right; background-color: var(--color-1); padding:2.5px; padding-top:0.5px; padding-bottom:0.5px; [/class] [class name=body minWidth="450px"] font-family: 'Raleway' , sans-serif; color: var(--txt); height:84%; width:60%; padding:10px; box-sizing:border-box; overflow:hidden; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; line-height:150%; font-weight:500; [/class] [class name=body maxWidth="449px"] font-family: 'Raleway' , sans-serif; color: var(--txt); height:80%; width:60%; padding:10px; box-sizing:border-box; overflow:hidden; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; line-height:150%; font-weight:500; [/class] [class name=scroll minWidth="450px"] height:100%; width:107%; overflow-y:scroll; padding-right:40px; [/class] [class name=scroll maxWidth="449px"] height:100%; width:100%; overflow-y:scroll; padding-right:40px; [/class] [class=mentions] height:30%; width:90%; background-color: var(--mbg); position:absolute; bottom:8%; margin-left:5%; opacity:0.9; display:none; padding:10px; padding-top:8px; box-sizing:border-box; font-size:10px; text-align:left; font-family: 'Raleway' , sans-serif; color: var(--txt); overflow:hidden; letter-spacing:0.5px; [/class] [class=tag] display:inline-block; border-bottom:1.5px solid var(--color-1); margin-top:2px; margin-right:2px; [/class] [class name=dialogue] color: var(--color-1); font-weight:600; display:inline; letter-spacing:0.5px; [/class] [class=outfit] display:inline; color:var(--txt); transition:0.4s; [/class] [class name=outfit state=hover] color: var(--nameoutline); transition:0.4s; [/class]

Last edited:

VbyMUuF.jpg
S. Maxwell
Auditorium, VHA

nios nios

To be at the epicenter of expectations, as one would called it such, was far from a certain man's hopes.

"If you are comfortable with our decisions..." was a rather rhetorical statement, as Maxwell deemed it. After all, he did 'tried' to run, and it did not worked out well. There was neither a way home, nor did he felt the need to find one. Before he arrived in Lumen, Maxwell spent most of his time away from his apartment. He did not have a home to start with. A vagabond, bearing untold stories of woe and tragicomedies in between it all. After his shifts at the local cafes and bars, he was reluctant to go home. There was something about it, something he could not put into words. A feeling of despair, or perhaps - loneliness. In the streets, he would occasionally feel the calm breeze in his hair, while eyeing the floral shop that he would work at in the morning. A man of diverse occupations, but only a master of roaming about.

A drifter for most of his life, Maxwell only abides by his recent 'capture' due to his indifferent attitude towards things, and a speculative curiosity to learn. A year in uniforms taught him much about cohesion, and with time, it endorsed his shaping principles to float down the stream, rather than trying to swim against the currents. Cohesion, to Maxwell, carried an unspoken purpose - patented in his name. Even being questioned, he never gave his first name. Despite this, Maxwell left the office with a conceding look in his eyes towards Ms. Ceciline.

Having been handed a uniform, Maxwell was on his way to the locker room to get changed. He shared the same quiet corridor with another individual, of whom was being inducted into the Academy as well. They eventually parted ways for their designated changes. Reflecting on this world's technologies and societal status, Maxwell felt like nothing has changed. The only difference, as he learnt it the hard way, was magic.

Making sure the locker room was empty, the man displaced his current attire for the school uniform given unto him. Grotesque stitches and scars were woven throughout his body from torso to limbs. A souvenir of his departure from a conflict past. His amber eyes glowed with disdain, as he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. Old enough to kill, but bereaved of the very thing that could remedy his melancholy - alcohol. Maxwell sighed at the thought that his situation was rather improved, despite his feint perjuries. Collars straightened, belt fastened, and his silvery hair tied fashionably, Maxwell presented himself proper towards the faculty member that would see him and his fellow female acquaintance to the auditorium.

As the two situated themselves among the other students, Maxwell eyed the girl briefly. Before long, his face was inches away from hers, a force of habit when one dispels the common personal space. As a part-time botanist, his keen eyes were best to observe with a closed distance, and in this case, bypassing social courtesies - something he lacked in the first place. While he meant no ill-intents, his course of actions certainly proved otherwise. His amber eyes pry deeply into hers, as if looking for a untended branch or thorn of a rose to snip.

"You seem like a boring person. The name's Maxwell, I hope we get along, dark hair." Maxwell said with an indifferent facade, as he leaned back in his seat. Dark hair, was an affectionate name he had given her.

It did not sound too bad for a reference. While it wasn't in his modus operandi to get acquainted with strangers, he had taken an interest in those that would otherwise be in his stead. After all, strength in numbers was a staple move to make, lest the more 'eccentric' ones takes an interest in bossing him around. He neither wanted friends, nor did he feel the need to seek for one. Rather, it was a strategic necessity to have a token acquaintance just in case. Or so Maxwell contemplated.

Last edited:
~Frederika von Eisenhart~
-- Matriculating Vehemen Academy Student --

Wearing: Underwear
Location: Vehemen Academy, dormitories, 3rd floor, personal bedroom

---

The morning light played across Frederika's sleeping form just like any other day, but as she groggily awoke, the memories of but a few hours ago now compounding themselves into everything else that had happened yesterday, she knew how mistaken any expectation of normality could now be considered. For the second time that day she slid out of bed, albeit at a far slower tempo than previous; she suspected her cranium would appreciate not attempting to test the limits of her recovery ability upon every awakening. Speaking of awakening, as she straightened up, arms uplifted above her in a grand morning stretch, a slow stirring from the beanbags over by the closets drew her attention. It would appear Hanna was slowly coming to as well; her current position suggested she must have passed out in her chair sometime after Fredi had gone to bed. "Guten Morgen, Hanna," the taller girl spoke, making her way over to the closets behind her roommate. "I hope you were able to receive some rest; I suspect today will test us just as much as yesterday."

Pulling out the uniform that had been hanging in her closet since she'd arrived, she held it aloft, amused at its similarity to outfits she had previously worn, but skeptical of her ability to properly wear it. This was something she often struggled with (and something she was secretly dreading when the necessity of buying additional clothing reared it's ugly head); many tailored pieces often failed to fit due to her muscular physique, or would fit tight to the point of restricting her movement, a sensation she VERY much was not a fan of. More than once she'd had to spend a fair portion of her own money getting her wardrobe altered; while clothes were very easily taken in by a competent seamstress, adding material without detracting from the piece in question was a far more difficult and costly proposition. As such, she'd been forced to focus most of her style around loose drapey shirts and straight-line skirts, a look which while very practical and proper, did little to advance her fashion sense much past the 17th century.

So to say she was taken aback as she donned the outfit would not be an understatement. The dress was loose enough to simply slip on over her head and stockings were stockings, but the fact that the close-fitting jacket not only managed to handle her biceps without cutting off all circulation to her arms was amazing enough on its own, never mind its ability to properly close and clasp around her figure afterwards while looking quite flattering. All that was left was to slip on the matching loafers and- "Ach, nee! Du machst wohl Scherze!" she indignantly called out as she lifted up the final accoutrements to her uniform, a pair of stark white opera gloves, holding them at arms length as if they radiated a foul energy. Of all of the ridiculous additions to this uniform... It wasn't so much that she opposed the concept of wearing long gloves; quite on the contrary in fact, she'd had to wear them at the occasional formal event. But for a school centered around fighting indescribable creatures of darkness in a desperate bid for survival? Ridiculous.

Still, as the last thing she needed was to be written up for a rules infraction literally before she'd even taken a single step into a class, she began to pull the long gloves on, uncharacteristically grumbling the entire time. She did have to admit the gloves were of high quality; the stretch was omnidirectional and she could still articulate her wrists well. Still, the lack of grip left her unsatisfied: a dissatisfaction she made clear to the rest of the group as she marched out from her room straight towards the kitchen to grasp the very same knife she'd wielded the night prior. There was no denying it; even with as tight a hold as she could muster, the grip of the blade still slid around in her hand if she made even a vaguely concerted motion. "Unacceptable," she stated to the collected crowd, returning the knife back into the holder and tromping over to the dining table to sit with a rustle of her newly gained coattails. "This will need to be remedied at once." Yanking the gloves off with a single motion each, she threw them on the sofa, resolving not to replace them until they absolutely needed to be worn. She and accepting the proffered buttered toast and was midway through a bite as a sudden realization flashed across her face.

"... did any of you actually go to sleep last night?"

~~~

As Frederika was lead to a seat on the far side of the front row, gloves begrudgingly reequipped to her arms, she noticed two students already seated ahead of them. “These two students were also discovered this morning to be Third Generation otherworlders like you and would be joining you guys for the rest of your time in this academy. Feel free to familiarize yourself with them," their temporary guide spoke, before leaving them to attend to other duties.

Additional Third Generation students? Has this world already deemed us underperformant? she thought with a unhappy look on her face, or is it because those that are missing are... She let the thought trail off as she did not want to think of the inherent conclusion of said analysis, and so instead directed her attention towards the two newcomers; a girl and a boy, wearing the same uniforms as they now were. The girl seemed orderly enough, leaning against a propped up elbow, her attention flitting between the stage before them, the group now approaching her from down the aisle, and anything that constituted as interesting in-between. As for the boy, now there was a study in contradiction; he clearly did not want to be here at this very moment, yet despite his very clear surveying attempts for available exits, he didn't immediately bolt for the door the instant the admin left the group's sight. Interesting, these two... For the moment she would keep her thoughts to herself; besides, decorum called for certain other actions anyway. "Very well," she began, "allow me to introduce myself. I am Frederika von Eisenhart, a Third Generation student similar to you if I have heard correctly. It is a pleasure to meet the two of you," she stated with a well-practiced bow, then retreated out of the way to allow the others to enact similar protocol.

She sat once their impromptu receiving line had finished, and soon thereafter the assembly proper began, and she was left to her own thoughts.

... 2472? I supposed I shouldn't be surprised their calendar doesn't match ours, nothing else does.

The principal looks haggard; I suspect he's been informed at this point.

Well, there goes any chance we had of integrating discretely. Are you sure that was the wisest decision Rolvel?

"Increasing danger from heightened appearances of Poex and increasing criminal and illegal activities". I'm starting to understand more why he's pulling for us as hard as he is.

The remainder of the speeches were boilerplate; though Frederika continued to sit politely forward in her chair, even she had to admit she was beginning to tire of their content. And so her relief was palpable as the vice principal took to the podium to announce their documentation procedures; at this point the blonde do anything to get a chance to stretch. She stood promptly, already beginning to move towards the exit to the auditorium before realizing that now that their existence was called out, it may be unwise to go alone. The remarks she'd already begun to overhear suggested that they were now forefront in the minds of the collective student consciousness, and while she was quite familiar with being a minor celebrity, being so in an unfamiliar land and not knowing exactly what it brought along with it raised her hackles. Slowing her pace, she allowed the others to catch up before continuing onward, assuaging her emotional worries to the old adage of strength in numbers.

The ID process was straightforward at least; an ID card was an ID card, although this was certainly the most comprehensive student spending account system she'd ever heard of; the Academy must have had a truly impressive reputation if their credit system extended to the whole city. More importantly, she now had a means of requisition, a vital resource now. She pocketed the ID card before handing over her cell phone: it was an older model, rugged and practical but missing many of the new features she'd oft heard mentioned in the surrounding din of classmates in free moments of time. Its processing, compared to the ID, was far more eye-opening as upon it's return, she could barely recognize its home screen, all of the contents of it having been completely replaced with the Academy's own software. What the tech mentioned about the main academy app seemed to make enough sense, but she wasn't going to pretend she had the slightest clue about the later items mentioned; she would leave that to the more socially gifted members of this group... which she suspected was literally everybody else.

With her registration now fully complete, she turned back to the group to await their completion; even with a card fully identifying her as an official member of this Academy and a cell phone to match, the surrounding students' gazes still put her ill at ease. She would be glad when their first class began and she could lose herself back in her studies.

Last edited:
Hanna woke up on the bean bag, it seemed like she fell asleep on the bag while she was just trying to organize her thoughts. "and good morning to you Fred" she stated before looking at the uniform and feeling the sadness sink into her body. "am I training to fight monsters, or get myself into a damn ball..." Hanna grumbled as she picked the uniform. Fred seemed to have no trouble getting her's on, but it seemed like the gloved had made her angry. "Fred...Can you help me put this shit on?" Hanna asked, but the German seemed to be pretty angry, and didn't hear her. So Hanna decided to wing it, and put the uniform on herself. after struggling for a long while, she was finally able to get everything on, and made sure it looked nice and clean. Personally, Hanna didn't like skirts or dresses, the only time she had any sort of dress on is when her mother had practically forced it on her, chasing her around the apartment and saying "Hanna! GET THIS DRESS ON NOW". she didn't like how they made her look, she wasn't a little pretty girl to be admired, she wanted to be respected, hence why she had a shit tone of female suits at home for formal occasions, though her mom hated them, it was better than her going to a dinner in jeans and a random sweatshirt. Just like Fred, Hanna left her gloves on the rack, because their was no way in hell she was wearing those socks on her hands. Hanna also decided to skip out of the feast of buttered toast, and said that she wasn't hungry.

Hanna was lead to a front row seat to the entrance ceremony, and was told that a few others were teleported into this world as well, and that they would be living with them. "Hanna, Hanna Aldrin" She said plainly, due to the fact that it was to early for her to be energetic, especially since she forgot to have coffee. she then sat though the speech, only catching unto the important parts. She was beginning to dose off until she saw Fred stand, and took it as a sign that it was time to go. she stood up as well, and followed Fred to get their id, or at least that's what Hanna assumed that's what they were doing. Hanna would get her picture taken, and then would receive her ID card, which acted as a credit card as well. Hanna pocketed it, and made a mental note never to lose it. She would then remember her problem, which was not having a phone. yep, before she was transported into this wacky world, Hanna's phone had been confiscated by the police officer who busted her and her other friends for stealing a shit ton of jewels. And what made her more angry was that someone in that group was a rat, and if she had successfully pulled that off, she could have had her mother living comfortably in a nice big place, not having to worry about rent. Hanna pushed that memory aside, "I don't have a phone" she said before exiting the room. She was met a bunch of people staring at her, which made her feel insanely uncomfortable.

[div class=container]
font call outhellohello
[div class=img1] [div class=mentions][div class=scroll] everyone [div class=tag]location[/div] auditorium, vehemen academy
[div class=tag]mentions[/div]
[div class=tag]interactions[/div] Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 , PixelSymphony PixelSymphony , Nessi Nessi
[div class=tag]mood[/div] . . .
[div class=tag]outfit[/div] [div class=outfit][/div]
[/div][/div] [/div] [div class=namecon] [div class=instruct]click me
!
[/div] [div class=role]third generation otherworlder[/div] [div class=name]usami[/div] [div class=nameo]usami[/div] [/div] [div class=body][div class=scroll]
Usami found the auditorium seats fairly comfortable the longer she sat within it, her body seemed to sink into its cushion. With her head resting on the fist of her propped elbow, she was beginning to find herself dosing off before the ceremony began. Usami's legs still ached from the amount of walking and so this dim setting seemed like the appropriate time to rest. Even in Usami's childhood, Usami was unnaturally sleepy and had the talent of adjusting to her surroundings to fall into a peaceful slumber. The location and time of day was never a problem for Usami in her old life.

The memories ranged from hiding in the storage room during work breaks, boxes of chips and ramen packages became her wall of privacy and pillow. Another was of her sleeping while standing in the subway; the people around her didn't seem to mind. Lastly, she could remember passing out on a park bench throughout the night. The cold nor the fear of being robbed apparently did not sway her as she slept soundlessly until morning. However, she vaguely remembered someone must have placed a piece of bread on the center of her forehead for a pigeon to appear in its place the moment she awoke. Usami's lips formed a thin line at the unpleasant memory, but she proceeded to dose off into unconsciousness.

That was until a face, one that wasn't her own reflection from a mirror, appeared within her line of vision. It peered closely to her own- breaking her precious bubble of personal space and ripping the sleep that clouded her senses. Usami jolted in her seat as her focus met the amber eyes of the male accompanying her. He appeared to be studying her as if finding something to pick on.

Usami valued her personal space, and she had a low tolerance for those who disrupted it. Claudorick was the first from the world of Lumen to learn of this when he made a move to carry Usami. He was quickly greeted with a few whacks at his arms and a murderous glare. Now, the gaze from the male was becoming too much for her. She was uncomfortable and nearing the point of annoyance that the arm propping her up was on its way to push him back with force.

[div class=dialogue]"You seem like a boring person. The name's Maxwell, I hope we can get along, dark hair,"[/div] the male spoke, causing Usami's hand to stop centimeters before his chest.

Usami blinked in response and suddenly found the ability to breathe again when Maxwell fell back into his seat. The small beast called annoyance crawled back into its cave, and Usami was left in a blank state.

[div class=dialogue]"...dark hair?"[/div]

Usami had been called many names in the past. The variations of lazy, lazy-ass, and boring were the majority of them, so Usami learned not to take Maxwell's words to heart. In fact, she had no reason to argue for herself; she would most likely agree with him if she wanted to. Dark hair was just another name to add to her list. She took her turn to assess him now that they had time to spare, but due to the dim lighting of the auditorium, Usami could only make out the apathetic eyes that shone against the stage's light. Usami had trouble deciphering whether his words were sincere and soon gave up. She too leaned back into her seat, finding the comfortability gone from its gentle cushions.

Usami would have ignored him if she knew they would never meet again, but seeing as they would be around each other quite often she felt as if she had no choice. [div class=dialogue]"I'm Usami,"[/div] she responded for the first time that morning.

Her voice was soft but gave him almost little to nothing about how she felt about the matter. Usami tended to speak in short, curt sentences. To be straightforward and avoid dilly-dallying was how Usami spoke to others. Maintaining long conversations were not her forte, which led the people around her to avoid confrontation. She preferred it that way.

. . .

[div class=dialogue]"These two students were also discovered this morning to be Third Generation otherworlders like you and would be joining you guys for the rest of your time in this academy. Feel free to familiarize yourself with them,"[/div] a voice announced from beside the two Third Generations.

Usami glanced at the newly arrived group wearing uniforms that matched the one Usami and Maxwell wore. The light from the stage was enough for Usami to discover it was the same group from the holographic television. Although, they looked much more put together now that they wore matching clothes. The disgruntled looks marring their features were unavoidable for Usami to tell some of them were lacking in sleep. Usami shared the same feeling and could not blame them for their restlessness after the incident that occurred the day prior.

The first to greet them was a female who gave Usami the impression that she had a refined and practical taste. Perhaps it was the way her pale blonde hair was neatly kept, her choice of words as she introduced herself, or maybe it was the fluidity of her movements... Usami repeated Frederika's name softly under her tongue before the next person from the group followed through with their introduction.

This one looked as if she wished to be anywhere but here from the way she carried herself with a dense cloud of drowsiness. Not to mention the way she said her name. As Hanna left to follow Frederika, Usami had a hunched that she would feel overwhelmed, but tried her best to keep up with the exchange of names and pleasantries. Unfortunately, the best Usami could do was mutter her name the same fashion as she did with Maxwell and give a slight nod of her head as a sign of acknowledgment.

. . .

The moment the opening ceremony speech ended, the auditorium burst to life. Bodies sprang out of their seats and their voices rose as they filed out of the auditorium to retrieve their identification cards or to attend their classes. The speech Principal Rolvel most definitely gave the students an extra thirty minutes of rest, and Usami used this opportunity to its fullest.

Usami rose from her seat, her legs a bit numb from the lack of movement. She made a move to grab her walking stick that leaned beside her chair, and proceeded to head out of the auditorium with the rest of the Third Generations. Her intention to follow the group was pitiful as she found herself struggling to keep up with them. She had a visible limp in her step whenever she walked due to her lack of braces. Although it didn't cause her discomfort, it was still a hindrance- a hindrance that she will have to deal with her entire life. Usami normally resorted to staying at the back of the crowd to be less of a nuisance. She subconsciously followed close behind Maxwell due to familiarity, or maybe to "accidentally" whack the back of his knees with her walking stick as payback.

[/div][/div]
⠀♡coded by uxie♡
[/div]

[class=container] --img-1: url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/2d/39/7f/2d397f37f1559bb43bec3a1bfba3c192.jpg'); --bg: #fff; --mbg: #fff; --color-1: #798368; --nameoutline: #9b8d80; --border: #e2dcd9; --txt: #383230; cursor: url('https://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2wj9k9UPt1qfamg6.png'), auto !important; [/class] [class name=container minWidth="450px"] height: 350px; width: 450px; border:1px solid var(--border); margin:auto; display:flex; flex-flow: row wrap; position:relative; justify-content: space-between; background-color: var(--bg); [/class] [class name=container maxWidth="449px"] height: 315px; width: calc(100% - 2px); border:1px solid var(--border); margin:auto; display:flex; flex-flow: row wrap; position:relative; justify-content: space-between; background-color: var(--bg); [/class] [class name=img1 minWidth="450px"] height: 350px; width: 40%; background: var(--img-1); background-size:150%; background-position: 50% 50%; position:relative; [/class] [class name=img1 maxWidth="449px"] height: 315px; width: 40%; background: var(--img-1); background-size:150%; background-position: 50% 50%; position:relative; [/class] [class name=instruct minWidth="450px"] font-size:10px; font-family: 'Raleway' , sans-serif; color: var(--txt); position:absolute; bottom:7px; left:20%; [/class] [class name=instruct maxWidth="449px"] font-size:10px; font-family: 'Raleway' , sans-serif; color: var(--txt); position:absolute; bottom:7px; left:3%; [/class] [class name=namecon minWidth="450px"] height:16%; width: 60%; position:absolute; bottom:0px; right:0px; box-sizing:border-box; padding-left:5px; padding-bottom:5px; [/class] [class name=namecon maxWidth="449px"] height:20%; width: 60%; position:absolute; bottom:0px; right:0px; box-sizing:border-box; padding-left:5px; padding-bottom:5px; [/class] [script class=namecon on=click] fadeToggle 500 mentions [/script] [class name=name minWidth="450px"] font-family: 'Abril Fatface', display; color: var(--color-1); font-size:55px; position:absolute; bottom:-10px; right:5px; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class name=name maxWidth="449px"] font-family: 'Abril Fatface', display; color: var(--color-1); font-size:55px; position:absolute; bottom:-10px; right:5px; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class name=nameo minWidth="450px"] z-index:7; font-family: 'Abril Fatface', display; color: transparent; -webkit-text-stroke: 1px var(--nameoutline); font-size:55px; position:absolute; bottom:-12px; right:2px; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class name=nameo maxWidth="449px"] z-index:7; font-family: 'Abril Fatface', display; color: transparent; -webkit-text-stroke: 1px var(--nameoutline); font-size:55px; position:absolute; bottom:-12px; right:2px; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class name=role minWidth="450px"] font-size:10px; z-index:6; font-family: 'Raleway' , sans-serif; font-style:oblique; letter-spacing:1px; font-weight:400; position:absolute; bottom:24px; left:-24.8%; text-align:right; background-color: var(--color-1); padding:2.5px; padding-top:0.5px; padding-bottom:0.5px; [/class] [class name=role maxWidth="449px"] font-size:9px; z-index:6; font-family: 'Raleway' , sans-serif; font-style:oblique; letter-spacing:1px; font-weight:400; position:absolute; top:0px; right:8px; text-align:right; background-color: var(--color-1); padding:2.5px; padding-top:0.5px; padding-bottom:0.5px; [/class] [class name=body minWidth="450px"] font-family: 'Raleway' , sans-serif; color: var(--txt); height:84%; width:60%; padding:10px; box-sizing:border-box; overflow:hidden; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; line-height:150%; font-weight:500; [/class] [class name=body maxWidth="449px"] font-family: 'Raleway' , sans-serif; color: var(--txt); height:80%; width:60%; padding:10px; box-sizing:border-box; overflow:hidden; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; line-height:150%; font-weight:500; [/class] [class name=scroll minWidth="450px"] height:100%; width:107%; overflow-y:scroll; padding-right:40px; [/class] [class name=scroll maxWidth="449px"] height:100%; width:100%; overflow-y:scroll; padding-right:40px; [/class] [class=mentions] height:30%; width:90%; background-color: var(--mbg); position:absolute; bottom:8%; margin-left:5%; opacity:0.9; display:none; padding:10px; padding-top:8px; box-sizing:border-box; font-size:10px; text-align:left; font-family: 'Raleway' , sans-serif; color: var(--txt); overflow:hidden; letter-spacing:0.5px; [/class] [class=tag] display:inline-block; border-bottom:1.5px solid var(--color-1); margin-top:2px; margin-right:2px; [/class] [class name=dialogue] color: var(--color-1); font-weight:600; display:inline; letter-spacing:0.5px; [/class] [class=outfit] display:inline; color:var(--txt); transition:0.4s; [/class] [class name=outfit state=hover] color: var(--nameoutline); transition:0.4s; [/class]

"Japan is lovely. The landscape is beautiful and the food is excellent... The people there really emphasize, ah, personal space."
Oh. Oh. So that was her subtle cue to get the hell away from him. Ok. Alright. And that Cleo person also butted in. Take the cues Ravyn. You've boosted your mood enough. Time to bail.
"Well, I better start getting ready. Opening ceremony and crap..."
She laughed airily.
" It was nice talking to you, Kiyoshi."
With a wink, she walked back to her dorm room and closed the door.
"Oi yoi yoi Ravyn... what was that?"
She sighed and sat down at one of the desks. Opening her purse, Ravyn rummaged through it until she found what she was looking for. Her Girly Goodie Bag, complete with basic makeup, hair products, deodorant, and a scrunchie. She took this bag and her uniform (definitely needed a little Ravyn-izing) and made her way to the bathroom. A quick shower, dry off, freshen up, makeup, hair, clothes, and bam. It was like Ravyn was a new person. Preppy, pretty, ready for a new day at a new school. She had her normal bronze eyeshadow, slightly curved eyeliner wing, pink-tinted glossy lips, light blush, contour, and highlight, and mascara so thick it looked like she was wearing falsies. Her red hair was in large, looping curls as always (thank you curl defining gel!) pulled half back with the mint green scrunchie. The uniform's dress was a little loose but then it just... fit? This place was weird, man. She took a look in the mirror and paused. No. She had way too many other things to worry about. She stepped out of the bathroom and made a quick stop to grab her purse. Oh right. Shoes. She looked in a drawer. Ew. Patent leather or sneakers. Did anyone have any heels? Or boots? Anything but patent leather. But that was her only option... surely she could get new shoes when school kicked into gear. Ravyn slipped on the stockings and the shoes (blegh) and walked back into the commons. Even though she was skipping breakfast, she still sat at the table until it was time to go, making a fork float a few inches into the air just to keep her powers sharp. Her powers... the thing that made her not a useless, brainless popular girl...

Upon entering the auditorium, the two new... Otherworlders (still getting used to the term) caught her eye. Ravyn made it a point to sit next to them. Flashing a charming grin, she instigated introductions.
" Hey! I'm Ravyn Bellanova. What're your names?"
Being cut off by the beginning of the speeches, Ravyn quickly added with a smile.
" Could we talk later?"

Ravyn sat back into her chair, feigning disinterest as the speeches went on. Despite nearly dozing off like the girl beside her, Ravyn at least got the gists of the speeches. The year was 2472...? That was new... When it came to getting IDs, Ravyn smiled brightly, posing like she always did. Practice. That's what made her so photogenic. Everyone was talking about them. It wouldn't be hard to climb the social standing at this school with all the attention they were already getting. She liked that. Ravyn handed in her phone to get updated. It was one of the newer models with a cute and aesthetically pleasing pastel green case with a white pressed flower popsocket. Almost immediately after getting it back, Ravyn started setting up accounts on the new social media platforms and school app. She selected a cute photo from a random photoshoot she and her friends did in the floral section of a craft store as her first Instogurami post. She'll take more aesthetic photos later. While looking through her camera roll, a wave of bittersweetness washed over Ravyn's preppy demeanor. All the pictures of her friends, family, pictures at the college she wanted to go to... all of that was gone now, but hey. She had a new life ahead of her, right...?
Going back to Instogurami, Ravyn added her bio:
@bb.ravyn
✨3rd Gen Otherworlder ✨
📚 Vahemen Academy 📚
Hey, I'm Ravyn and I'm so excited to be in Lumen! Everything looks so amazing! Love to you all! <3

Cute, preppy, and Otherworlder. Perfect. Hopefully, she could get back up to 10k followers again. Hopefully. After all this was done, Ravyn located the two new Otherworlders. Maybe the girl would be her new roommate? Or she'd get a room to herself... that'd be nice.
" Hi! Sorry, our conversation got cut off. Again, I'm Ravyn. What're your names?"
Directly interacted with/mentioned nios nios Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 vxnilla vxnilla

Last edited:

VbyMUuF.jpg
S. Maxwell
Auditorium, VHA

nios nios PixelSymphony PixelSymphony xXx.lovely.xXx xXx.lovely.xXx

What constitutes an evil or a good deed? To what ends must one endeavor to seek what they are after? Rather, with what means must they abide by to obtain said ends? And in turn, how does one know what path one must take?

The answer is simple, fate will decide their path, so thought Maxwell. While he may not look the part, the man actually gave ear to the entire speech regarding the etiquette of this strange world that he had just arrived in. Following the end of the orientation, then the long lines, Maxwell did as instructed - pictures taken, ID acquired, registry filled. With all those part time jobs he had in the old world, it was more or less something to get squared away as quickly as he could. Even his phone was left to a default setting, without much need for customizing it. Maxwell never questioned anything openly, but he did have certain oppositions he never spoke of. Not that it mattered for someone who had just arrived to voice their reticent triviality.

"Maxwell." he replied to Eisenhart with a monotonous voice, upon her introductions.

Frederika was a stern individual. Despite her courteous ways with words, her attire accompanied by her adamant eyes and bowing gesture were evident in itself that she was one to take things very literal. Imposingly strong-willed. Sooner or later, Maxwell speculated that both him and Frederika will spark a quarrel. After all, she did seem like the type to be competitive, while he on the other hand, was one to turn away from a competition.

Another person showed up, this time a redhead. She introduced herself as Ravyn Bellanova. She was the cheerful archetype. Her spiking tone and blazing smile were too much for the normally reticent Maxwell to cope with. He was, however, glad that Ravyn and Frederika didn't pose any troubles for him - at least for now. He would hate to start a day at Vehemen making enemies.

Before long, he felt a familiar presence behind him. Catching a glimpse, he noticed it was Dark Hair. Her rigid leg movements caught his interest the most, yet he spoke nothing of it. If she could stand, she would be fine, he thought. After a brief moment, he finally logged her name into his head - Usami, or was it Salami? This was the very reason why he gave her a nickname. Maxwell had his own way to go about things, like most that shares his lifestyle of a drifter. Having Usami sticking around brought him a sense of comfort, as much as he would like to deny it. Maxwell's particular gift was to examine others based on their reaction and social tendencies. With Usami's case, she was more or less somewhere along his own category of detachments, with her own unsung story as he.

Frederika von Eisenhart the prim and proper, Usami the dark hair, and lastly the enthusiastic Ravyn Bellanova. Despite his aloof demeanor, he actually managed to absorb all these information with ease. Neither excited nor apathetic against his current course, Maxwell just want to get it done and brushed away with. As he cast aside his thoughts, Ravyn eventually caught up with him and Usami to pick up where she left off.

"Maxwell. Dark hair over here is Usami." he formally answered Ravyn, as she didn't get a chance to catch his and Usami's name prior to the speech.

Having to go through the process made him looked back to his younger years in highschool. 'His younger years', Maxwell shook his head. He wasn't even twenty, and he was already donning the thoughts of a middle-aged man. Perhaps this was some sort of restart. Where things went wrong for him, perhaps he would be able to right what he did wrong. Hopeful thoughts are dangerous, but Maxwell was inclined to pay his dues. After all, his resolve was to get his new details at school squared away. Besides, Dark Hair had placed a certain instinctive decision to keep on his six. It wouldn't be right to squander whom would seem like a fruitful associate - especially in a world he has little knowledge of.

"Say, Bellanova. Do you mind us tagging along to class? We're... kinda new to the whole thing." Maxwell asked Ravyn, with a brief glance over at Usami.

Maxwell probably spoke a lot more than usual for a day. But such was the habit of a curious man, especially when he now resides in a world of extraordinary feats that are foreign to the norms of Ningen. Rather than going by his phone for directions, it was more appealing to gather more information from a person. Perhaps Ravyn would give them some fair advice down the way, or none at all. Either way, Maxwell felt hesitant to rely on technologies for the time being. His principle dictated a necessity for the perception of this academy - both his and that of his peers.

Ravyn smiled.
" Nice to meet you Maxwell, Usami, and just Ravyn will due. "
She twirled a strand of red hair around her finger. She did that when she was thinking. To flirt or not to flirt, that was the question.
" You are totally welcome to tag along, but I'm just as clueless as you are."
She giggled airily. Establish the personality in just a few lines, but change and develop to their tastes over time. Strategize. She pulled out her phone, briefly checked Instogurami, then launched into the school app. She quickly pulled up the schedule and maps.
" Ah. Here we go. First class, history and homeroom. "
She cross checked the map.
" This way, I think..."
She set off down the hallway, half expecting Maxwell and Usami, or Dark Hair, as he called her, to follow. New day, new school. She flashed a dazzling smile at anyone who stared, threw out compliments like they were confetti, and politely nodded her head to any teachers she saw. She walked with a swish in her hips and an air of confidence in her step. Let them talk, let them whisper. Give 'em something good to talk about. This is how you climb the social standards the right way.

nios nios Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Anyone Anyone and everyone​

Last edited:
Coffee and a long shower did wonders to the drowsiness Adrian accrued throughout the early morning. Now that he was finally awake, he needed to face the day. And his clothes. Dressed in a towel, he now examined the uniform before him. It seemed pretty traditional, if a little lacking in the color department, only the overcoat being non-monochrome. Either way, it was better than he already had. Adrian threw a repulsed glare at the atrocious shirt he had previously worn. With a dismissive shrug, he slipped on the white dress shirt. Extraordinarily, the shirt, which at first seemed a bit too large, shrunk to fit his lean frame. Well, okay, that's a thing now. Adrian wasn't too sure why he was surprised anymore. This world, Lumen, it, well, everything appeared to be like the shirt. Absolutely impossible. Despite that, it was clearly possible - he was living through it, after all. Unless this was all some sort of weird dream or hallucination. Adrian quickly headed off that train of thought, not entirely pleased with either possibility. Either way, it didn't change his present situation.

Donning the remainder of the outfit, he admired it in the bathroom mirror. As color-deprived as it was, the uniform fit well. Whatever technology or magic that had allowed it to match his form worked well. Turning around to leave, he noticed a piece he had previously missed. White gloves. They were similar in size to his old pair, though different in all other aspects. It really was strange. Despite having lost his gloves back in the chaos of their arrival to Lumen, Adrian hadn't had a single flare in the time since. Understandable if he'd maintained control over himself the entire time, but he wasn't going to fool himself. At no point in the past day had Adrian been not losing it. So why?

Adrian slipped on the white gloves and flexed his fists lightly, glad to see they didn't impede movement too much. Besides, better safe than sorry. Until he really understood what was going on around him, best to remain on guard. Slipping on the academy-issue loafers to complete the look, he exited the bathroom and made his way to the kitchen. Adrian's stomach was already grumbling, a feeling only intensified when he came face-to-face with the ever-familiar sight of buttered toast. Stripping one hand of its glove, he took a piece of toast and bit into it heartily. Food fit for gods, he decided.

As Adrian munched on his toast and poured himself another cup of heavily-sugared coffee, Frederika emerged from her room and made a beeline straight to the kitchen. For whatever reason, she picked up one of the kitchen knives and wielded it as if readying to gut someone or something, then returned the blade back to its original position, professing her distaste for... something. Adrian dismissed the odd behavior has his new norm and returned to focusing solely on his food.

Soon enough, it was time for the opening ceremony. Once they'd reached the auditorium, the venue for the ceremony, Adrian and the others were led to their seats at the front of the crowd, towards the left side. There were already two others seated in the area, a dark-haired girl and a contrastingly pale-haired boy.

“These two students were also discovered this morning to be Third Generation Otherworlders like you and would be joining you guys for the rest of your time in this academy," the teacher who'd led the group informed. "Feel free to familiarize yourself with them.”

How odd. This certainly raised a whole lot more questions. At first, Adrian had presumed that all the Otherworlders had appeared at the same location and at around the same time. If this remained true, then had this pair also arrived in the square but, unlike the others, had chosen to leave? It seemed like a reasonable explanation. But there was also the possibility that these two had appeared in different places and at different times. That would throw a wrench in his idea that the whole Otherworlder thing operated on specific rules. Seeing how nothing else really made sense anymore, that was also pretty viable. In that case, were there more Otherworlders out there, ones whom Vehemen had missed?

Adrian took his seat with a sigh as a purple-haired girl ( Was it dyed? Natural? ) took the stage. It really wasn't worth it to get so absorbed in his thoughts and theories. The girl stumbled through an introduction and looked all too flustered on-stage. Rolvel replaced her behind the podium soon after, certainly looking like he'd spent the night with no sleep. Despite that, the man began his speech with a smile. And his speech sure was something. Besides basically singling out Adrian and the others as Otherworlders - an action that definitely didn't help with Adrian's dislike of the man -, he was rather candid about the sort of futures the students faced, as well as the kind of heavy responsibility they'd shoulder. Adrian tugged at the collar of his white shirt, already feeling nervous. No pressure, right?

After suffering through the remainder of the speeches, the students were instructed to exit the auditorium to receive ID cards. The card seemed to be very important in that it was, for now, the sole source of income for Adrian. The others as well, unless they'd somehow secured a job while he wasn't looking. For some reason, he doubted that.

The process of getting the card relatively simple. Just get your photo taken by an administrative worker, then receive your new card, registered solely to you. In the meantime, Adrian’s phone was taken by a different worker. When he got it back, much of the interface had been changed. Most of the old applications were gone and in their place were a number of unfamiliar icons.

“We have included the academy app that contains all guidelines, maps, and rules that you must follow as students of the academy. After you create an account and log in through the app, which is the one with the giant ‘V’ as the logo, you should be able to see your own information as the students here. It will include all updates on your progress, your performance, grades, etc. Also, it also contains all contact information to all professors and administration offices, so if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.”

There are also a couple of popular social networking apps that we added onto your phone, like Instogurami and FacePage, if anything. Now, it is...Roughly time for you guys to start heading to your first place.” The administrative worker handed then their ID cards. “Now, leave.”

Somewhat put off by the brusque dismissal, Adrian hurried out of the room. Once he’d stepped away from the crowd, he sifted through his phone. Scrolling and tapping through as he investigated all the new features, Adrian stopped at one that had not changed. His contact book remained unchanged. He stopped, staring at the screen. Slowly, he pressed on one of the few contacts recorded: Mom. Adrian raises the phone to his ear. Nothing. Just a busy tone. Pulling it away and hanging up with a grimace, Adrian chastised himself. What did he expect? He was in an entirely different world; there was no way he could contact anyone in Ningen. Ignoring the ever present whispers and gazed of strangers, Adrian pocketed his phone and returned to the group to catch a conversation midway through.

“Maxwell. Dark hair over here is Usami,” said the pale-haired boy to Ravyn. “Say, Bellanova. Do you mind us tagging along to class? We're... kinda new to the whole thing."

Ah, yes. Class. How could he forget about that? Grumbling lightly, Adrian fished his phone out of his overcoat’s pocket and unlocked it, searching for the schedule.

“Ah. Here we go. First class, history and homeroom.” Ravyn’s voice broke Adrian out of his search. “This way, I think...”

With that, Ravyn set off down the hall with an admittedly impressive confidence in her step. One noncommittal shrug later, Adrian followed her. If she knew where she was going, then the sooner they go, the better, especially since if his phone’s clock was correct, they were already going to be late.

“Adrian September,” he introduced himself with a tight lipped smile and a short half wave to Maxwell and Usami. “Nice to meet you.”

nios nios Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

Users who are viewing this thread

Back