TV & Film Vague yet specific search for a movie

merrbles

Grandmaster of Procrastination
Helper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone here can help me?

I’m desperately searching for a specific movie that I’ve never seen (at least I don't remember it), but I remember part of the synopsis and what the movie poster/preview/promo picture looked like.

I’m sure the theme was two nations or factions at war, and two people from opposing sides falling in love.

The picture was a dark-ish background, kind of like hills or mountains, foggy if I remember correctly, on the left side a woman with red hair in a white dress, facing right to a man with black hair, who was also facing her. It had kind of a fantasy or medieval vibe.

I was convinced the movie was called Avalon, but I haven’t been able to find anything with that title that even remotely matches my memory, so it might have been a similar-looking word? I just can’t for the life of me remember it.

Oh yeah, it’s at least somewhat old because I was a kid when I saw the preview in the TV magazine, and I'm in my twenties now.

If this sounds familiar to you please let me know.

I've tried various google searches and movie finder sites that let you find movies by descriptions, keywords, moods and genre, to no avail.

I know it sounds kind of silly and is pretty vague, and I’ll keep searching on my own as well, I just thought I’d take a chance here.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Nothing rings a bell for me. But I know how it feels. You just can't get shit like this out of your mind.

Was there anyone else besides the man and woman in the picture? The only thing that comes to my mind, though the covers for the movie are totally different than what you described and romance is sort of a side plot here, is Willow but that came out in the eighties. The woman has red hair and the man has black hair they were technically on opposite sites.
I need to look into this more.

Kind of reminded me of the Eragon movie. The synopsis doesn't really match but I thought of this image. And Eragon is similar to Avalon, so I thought I might as well go ahead and list it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back