• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [V20] Maiden, Mother, Crone - Out of Character

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Correct. And even if 1s subtracted 1 sux, that third roll would still be 3 sux and thus bring you to 5. You're scared as hell, but manage to keep it together.

Alright guys, sorry about the long Christmas break, but you know how it goes.

Arynne Arynne I think Bela's waiting for Justine, but if I missed something, let me know and I'll jump in.

Grey Grey and Lord-Leafar Lord-Leafar It appears that Álvaro has timed his return with the sword at the same time that Bela's out visiting Justine. Naively, this just means that Álvaro gets to take a look at the place and possibly try and intimidate Camille, but if you have an alternate suggestion, want a random encounter, or want to push the arrival until Bela's return, we can do that too. Time's always rather fluid in pbp's ;)

Epiphany Epiphany I know you're busy, but you're welcome to rejoin us whenever it suits you :)

I think this interrogation might take too long for me to conscience making Leafar wait, so I'm fine with Álvaro taking a look around. In particular he's likely to be invited into the room with the plaques which might be amusing.

No worries - it's pretty much the same on my end, think basically everyone's waiting for my responses at this point.

Hi guys, it's me again. Your all-too-absent ST. Just letting you know that I have no intention of letting this game perish, it's just that things keep coming up that take priority. Some of it is important stuff, and some of it is drinking and Magic: the Gathering. I hope you'll forgive me.

And another belated post and another apology. I really do want this to continue, and I hope you do to. Feel free to poke me here or on Discord if I take unreasonably long to reply, I promise not to take offence, and it might just be what gets me to get my act together and post.

Alrighty, a short rule question: How likely is it to notice the usage of the Dominate powers, given some suspicion, but no further experience with them in particular?

It really depends on the Dominate power in question, the 1st power can be very obvious, if the Prince says only "sit" to you and you immediately do, it can be clear he forced a command on you, specially if the command is something the target would be unlikely to do, but the same command can be hidden cleverly within a sentence, if he instead said: "Why don't you sit?" Then neither you nor any observers would know you were forced to sit, you simply followed a polite suggestion.

Other Dominate powers depend more on how they're used, and how the ST interprets they work. I've seen ST's rule that Mesmerize works exactly like putting someone in a trance and once the commands are given they are none the wiser, but other ST's say they're aware of the command they're been given, The Forgetful Mind is a different beast though, as that does seem pretty clear on the fact that the target is unaware of it's effects.

As Lord-Leafar indicated, Dominate is rarely particularly obvious in its execution, but becomes quite obvious when you see someone acting out of character because of it. In this case, Roberts is going to show two perfect strangers who haven't displayed any kind of ID into the crime scene, which is quite a bit out of character for him, so Landon should be able to notice in short order.

Thanks for the responses! Most of the stuff that I really want to do make more sense after seeing Roberts' reaction, but I'll get a short post up in a moment.

Lord-Leafar Lord-Leafar You want the opportunity to answer our detective? Susan's a socially-focused character which means she typically does a lot of talking but I don't want to hog the scene either.

Epiphany Epiphany feel free to carry on with the conversation, real life is keeping me a bit busy these next few weeks with a big event, so I'll try and have a post here and there when I'm able, but feel free to move the story along when you can.

Yeah, doing fine - just had a few damn busy days leading up to an oral exam yesterday. Thanks for the tag, lost track of this rp in the process - should have a response up at some point today, sorry for letting y'all wait.

I'm not trying to ignore you, Silanon. Just needing to check with Esbilon on if the name Matt White means anything to me. Doesn't ring a bell for the player but considerably less time has passed for Susan than it has for me. ;)

No worries! Just for clarification purposes, the question is aimed at Matthias Black, Landon's gangrel Sire - no idea if you met him thus far, obviously, but I figured it'd be a reasonable assumption to ask for him, given that he sent Landon there as well. Besides, there's no reason to give away his name completely for free if that's not the case, right?

Here's another song of apology on my side. I have a post for Susan, and I think Justine is waiting for Grey Grey .

Also, another time you're very welcome to kick my ass if I take weeks to answer, I keep getting distracted, it's not because I don't want to run this thing :)

I'll second that! Unemployment sucks. But employment can be challenging and intimidating, especially for the first half year. Be patient with yourself, stay focused and it'll sort itself out. And we'll be here. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back