• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [V20] Maiden, Mother, Crone - Out of Character

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Oof, sorry, depression has been kicking my ass for a while, but getting back into the swing of this will be nice.

Arynne Arynne sorry to respond with an unactionable post like this, but I'm really not sure what to do while you're just hanging out at home waiting for Bela.

In the old game, we had a house rule that 1s do not cancel successes, I'd just forgotten to list it in the house rules section. It is hereby in effect again. Having 1s in your dice pool and no successes at all still results in a botch.

Thanks for the note - last few days have been rough on my end, but I'll hopefully be able to post tomorrow.

I rolled and forgot to mention it. Seemed more expedient than making another post. Sorry!

I rolled and forgot to mention it. Seemed more expedient than making another post. Sorry!
The operation is a success, albeit merely an adequate one. Someone who's seen Viss used before might be able to make a qualified guess about Miranda's previous appearance.

Grey Grey are you OK with moving forward to the Adler mansion, or do you want more time to shape your pupil to your needs? (Also, I don't think you've fed her this night)

Esbilon Esbilon Just a short heads-up - thanks to work and sickness, I haven't been able to respond yet; I'll do that as soon as I feel like I can get a reasonable post up.

One roll for perception+survival: Six dice, no successes, and a 1 on top of that...

Silanon Silanon So, that's a botch. There are two approaches to a botch like that, and I'd like to know yours (and everyone else's) opinion on those. 1) You get a misleading hint, or 2) you get a hint in the right direct, but there's a catch.

I feel that 1) has a tendency to detract from the game since you a) know that you botched and will be hard-pressed to commit to it, and b) may waste precious gaming time. 2) has the issue that in order to make a catch stick, I may gave to make your character behave outside the parameters you've described.

From my experience, I feel like the first option usually causes more trouble than it's worth it - both for the player who tries to follow the hint despite better knowledge, and for the gm since he's got to deal with a character who runs off in a completely wrong direction. Of course, there are exceptions. The second option feels better since it at least leads in the right direction; I prefer dealing with an additional obstacle along the way over taking the wrong one and hoping that I get back on track eventually.

Well - this is bad. Got no dots in fortitude (yet), so I'll write down the damage on the character sheet. Let's see if I can at least avoid a worse outcome :D

Edit: Think I made it barely, right?

You need to accumulate 5 successes, each success let's you keep it together for a turn, so you need to roll again now.

Alrighty - continuing to fill the ooc with rolls...

Edit: If I'm not mistaken, the last roll is not necessary because of the house rule, right?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back