• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [V20] Maiden, Mother, Crone - Out of Character

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Also, I'd like to get a discussion started regarding what kind of reboot you guys want.

The simplest solution is to just pickup where we left off, but it's not the only one, let me know what you think. And if you want to tweak or change your characters.

Silanon Silanon Please let me know if you need any help getting started with your character or finding the books or anything :)

Grey Grey Epiphany Epiphany Arynne Arynne Lord-Leafar Lord-Leafar

Hi there,

just got my hands on the core rulebook, I'll start to skim through the options during the next few days - if there's anything unclear, I'll let you know. If you guys plan to stick with your old characters, it'd be great to have a look at the old character thread if it's still out there somewhere - just to avoid creating something that doesn't fit in at all.

Hi there - forgot to respond here yesterday: Thanks for posting the link that quickly!

From what I read thus far (mind you, I didn't read through the actual IC posts) I got a few questions, just to make sure that I don't create a monster that won't fit in at all.

First of all, the backgrounds: From what I read, we have several characters who know the Sabbat quite well, but wouldn't count them as their allies - rather the opposite, in fact. Did that change during the game? And at this point, has the group any allegiances with the other "organisations" (especially the Camarilla comes to mind), or are we looking at an independent group?

Is there something that's completely missing, i.e. a particular hole that waits to be filled? I'm not familiar enough with the rules to see that myself (yet). On the other hand - is there anything that's totally overrepresented and should be avoided at all costs? (Example: Don't bring the forth fighter to the table, we need someone who can actually gather some intel)

Should any of the clans be avoided? The first that caught my interest are the more feral (not sure if that word really describes what I mean, but I can't think of anything better right now) kins - Nosferatu and Gangrel, in particular. Not quite sure where I'd want to go with them yet, but there are some parts in there that I like.

Think that's all for now, cheers!

Each of our characters is fairly distinct from each other, and a number of us have barely met. Susan, for example, know's Grey's PC as a potential client (and I'm happy to sweep the whole rogue student Terezi plot under the carpet if he is), and Alvaro is another vampire who heard a lead she did but with whom she otherwise doesn't have much in common. She's never met Arynne's Justine. So lack of previous connections isn't an issue, it's par for the course. ;)

For the most part, the vampires in play are reasonably social, thoughtful and not prone to mayhem. No one likes the Sabbat (and Lord Leafar's Alvaro rather hates them, as memory serves, and my own Susan greatly distrusts them). No one is especially close to the Camarilla either, though (Susan's a Lasombra and unliked, Grey's Bela is an Autaruch/rebel against the Prince, Lord Leafar's Alvaro is a Catiff who just showed up and didn't make an awesome impression, Arynne's Justine might be okay actually).

We don't have any combat machines yet but I'm not sure we're going to see a ton of combat (except what we initiate). Someone who is actually good at investigation would probably be useful, though. ;)

Nosfeartu and Gangrel are both solid Clans, and I don't remember any of us being awesome at Obfuscate so that's a good way to go if you're so inclined.

Justine is actually rather hostile to the Camarilla, though she keeps quiet about it, being in no position to take the revenge she craves...

Okay, no one likes either of the big organizations. Clearly we need an excuse to band together and make our own.

Justine actually comes from a (deleted). They got squeezed to death between the (deleted) from the West, the (deleted) from the South, the (deleted) from the North and the Camarilla from the East.

Thanks, that helps - investigation was already on my list of things I'd be interested in, so I'll keep that in mind.

Cleveland is a Camarilla city, and the Camarilla claims everyone as members. There is also an Anarch minority, but they haven't played a part in the game yet. Nearby Detroit is a Sabbat stronghold, and there is tension between the two cities, even if the most recent actual conflict is several years back.

There's been some interaction with one member of the Gangrel community so far and nothing with the Nosferatu (though they have been contacted and need to respond before too long). Both are fine clans, and I look forward to seeing what you'd do with either :) If you'd like feedback at a more rapid pace, the Discord is a good place for that.

Arynne Arynne and Epiphany Epiphany if you want to update your sheets or just copy them into the new character thread, that'd be cool.

We also need to figure out if we want to just pick things up exactly where we left them, or if we want to do some kind of interpolation or roll back or whatever. Let me know what you think.

Didn't really have time to join the Discord during the last few days - maybe soon, though, I'm slowly getting an idea what I want to go for :)

At the moment, the Path of the Feral Heart kind of speaks to me - I like the idea of a less manipulative, more ferocious vampire... the Gangrel are pretty much predestined for that, especially Protean has my interest there; what's your take on the Shape of the Beast for Gangrels? No idea if the points would ever allow me to get there, but shapeshifting might open up a few nice opportunities roleplay-wise...

The Nosferatu, at least for me, mostly live off their intel network - would that count as Contacts, or as Allies?
Here, I'd probably go for animalism to have more eyes to rely upon. I kind of like the image of this hideous, hooded figure, surrounded by a swarm of animals who scout ahead... now that I think about it, the Nosferatu way might actually be the more flexible concept... I should probably sit down and just write down what I could actually afford point-wise to get a better feeling for that...

Paths of Enlightenment are very rare in the Camarilla, but not unheard of and indeed several of the current PCs are on them.

Protean is one of my favorite Disciplines, so I fully understand its appeal :) Not sure what you're asking for regarding Shape of the Beast. We can definitely figure out a different shape for you if you think that suits your character better, bug like with Paths, this is a rare thing and something you should consider carefully.

Intel comes in many forms, a broad net of people who report to you occasionally is Contacts. One or two friends in high places might more accurately be Allies. It's also entirely possible to go the way of computer surveillance and have information without either of those Backgrounds.

Yeah, the question was about the shapes - bat and wolf are a good start, but sometimes you need a little extra... not quite sure what a suitable form for the character I'm envisioning would be, but it's good to know that there'd be room to adapt.
Either way, I'm envisioning my character to be more traditional in terms of intel-gathering - so probably no points in computer technology and the like for me. Maybe at some point, I'll have someone doing that kind of stuff for me, but my character will be inclined to find clues on the road, not in the study.

Shape of the Beast gives you one wolf-like and one bat-like shape. These may not be a wolf and a bat, but they are generally fixed.

I see - I read (past tense, why do the forms have to be the same...) the last paragraph as if there was a Gangrel option for a third, different form that might neither be bat nor wolf in terms of its abilities.

I'm not going to completely rule that option out, but it wasn't my reading of the power. Since it probably won't have any game-breaking consequences, we can work something out though if it suits your character.

Silanon Silanon how are things coming along?

Unless there are any objections (or unforeseen obstacles), we'll pick up where we left off on Monday. If some of you aren't quite ready by then, that's OK. The group is hardly a unified whole and most will be able to move on even if one or two are absent.

I look forward to getting the ball rolling again :)

Esbilon Esbilon Sorry for the silence - just came home from a trip that included a broken car and an awesome mechanic in the middle of nowhere... I have the character in mind, and I'll hopefully be able to type up a decent version of the background at some point tomorrow.

And we're live! I'll endeavor to post at least once a day. For quick back-and-forth the best times are generally between seven in the evening and midnight on Mondays and Thursdays, and whenever I'm not doing anything on the weekend.

Silanon Silanon I'll have an intro post for you once you've posted a final sheet in the Character thread.

Epiphany Epiphany Arynne Arynne Lord-Leafar Lord-Leafar Grey Grey get posting :) it's great to have this running again.

Esbilon Esbilon The character sheet should be up in a bit - didn't manage to get it up yesterday, but I mostly have to put the things together that you've seen already.

Silanon Silanon Do you wanna write an intro post to set the scene for Landon? I don't really have a good feel for his night-to-night.

Or you could give me such a feel and I'll try and take it from there.

I'd be happy to do the introductory post - is there anything about the happenings in the past few days that every kindred in the area might have noticed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back