• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy V Is For Vampire (OpalBeauty & MataMoja)

OpalBeauty

Woman Of Letters
black-and-white-female-model-photography-portrait-Favim.com-3426688.jpg

Emilia, 21.

It was a stormy night as Emilia left her shift from the bar. Being a Monday, it hadn't been very busy. So it was a nice change of pace. A long heavy sigh escaped from the young woman, whose long raven hair was tied up in a messy bun. Slinging her purse over her shoulder, she said her goodbyes to her coworkers and took her hair out of its bun. Shaking down her hair, which fell just past her shoulders. All Emilia wanted to do was get home and take a long, relaxing bath.

Tired on her feet, Emilia made her way to her vehicle. It was a simple old car that her parents handed down to her. But Emilia didn't complain. It was pouring rain outside as she got to her car. Opening her purse, she fumbled for her keys. But it was raining so hard they slipped from her rain soaked fingers.

"Crap."

She muttered. Letting out a huff of breath, Emilia bent down to grab them, a rumble of thunder echoing above her.

ODUwOTIuanBn.jpg
Hera Bellemonte, 30

Rainy day. Hera didn't know whether or not to be grateful.

On one hand, it made it easier to blend in. On the other hand, her sense of smell was all off. Not to mention that nobody wanted to be outside in this weather. At least she had had the forethought to braid her hair.

Considering her terrible mood, Hera didn't want to be as careful as usual. Quite frankly, she was sick of being careful. Usually she would find someone willing and drink from them. There were enough people who were happy to oblige. But it was such a bloody nuisance to work like that.

It would be far better if she didn't have to work for it at all. And today, with her bloodlust overruling rational thought, she would find a better solution. More risky, for sure, but worth it in the end.

Exiting the alleyway she had been idly wandering around in, Hera decided to take the first human she could find just to be done with it. The night was young and there was much to be done after all.

She smiled as she saw a young female fumbling with her keys. Hmm, well that would do. At least females tended to put up less of a fight. Now, how to convince her to come quietly....

"Ah, pardon me!" Putting on a distraught facade, she made her way towards the girl. Asking for help would probably be her best bet. "I haven't lived here long and I'm afraid I'm dreadfully lost. Could you help me out, please? I'm looking for a particular street outside of town."

Hearing the woman's voice, Emilia jumped. Slightly startled. Once picking up her keys, she turned her blue eyes onto the woman. A street? There were lots of streets. The rain grew heavier. There was a dangerous aura about this woman.

"I'm sorry but I'm expected home." She told her. It was true after all. Besides, this woman hadn't even named the street she was searching for.

Hera almost let out a sigh of frustration, but held it in. Right, not as easy as expected. Then again, Hera was terribly out of practice when it came to this sort of thing.

Stepping closer, she finally picked up the faint scent of blood. Stupid rain. Yet the reminder of why she was bothering with this strengthened her resolve.

"Oh, it won't take long. I've been looking for Magnolia street all evening and it can't possibly be too far away!" Well, it was a tad bit far truth be told. Then again, the less distance between them and the house the better.

A frustrated sigh could be heard from Emilia. "I'm sorry but I honestly don't know where that is. And I must be on my way." She really didn't feel like dealing with many more people. Another rumble of thunder crackled loudly over their heads.

Right. Now Hera really was annoyed. Not that she was going to let that show. Well, not too much anyways.

In the blink of an eye—quite literally—Hera found herself between the woman and the vehicle. They were now so close together that the smell of blood was strong. Hera took a deep breath, just to calm her nerves.

"I'm not really asking anymore." With a tilt of the head and a dangerous sharpness to her smile, Hera still kept a mostly innocent facade. "Please do come with me."

As she reached for the car handle, Emilia backed away as the woan was suddenly in front of her. Suddenly with a much more hostile attitude. What was happening? Emilia blinked. Who did this woman think she was? She took a weary step away.

"I'd rather not go with you thanks." Emilia glanced around but there was no one else. She swallowed nervously.

Hera just kept smiling, now more amused than annoyed. She had really missed this. "I'm sorry, but that's really not one of your options," she said while shaking her head.

Taking a step closer, she continued. "You can either come willingly, or you can run." Honestly, Hera would be fine with whatever the woman chose.

This situation was a bit much to digest. Clearly Emilia had been right that this woman is dangerous. What could she possibly want from Emilia? She didn't have very much money, and she certainly didn't have any fancy jewelry. Was this woman going to kill her? Without waiting for a response, Emilia turned back and attempted to begin running back towards the bar she worked. It was still open for another two hours. If she could just get there...

Hera leaned against the car as the woman ran away. She had some time to spare after all. Looking up at the sky and letting the rain fall on her face, she huffed a laugh. "Why do they always decide to run?"

She pushed herself up and started walking after the woman. "After all, it's not like they'll actually get away." She could imagine getting weird looks for talking to herself, but luckily no one was around.

With manic glee, she sped up. It wouldn't be good if she actually found help.

"Okay okay...What...What do you want?" She demanded, her voice trembling. What could she have that this woman could want? Her heart was thudding in her ears. Emilia was rather frightened now as she realized she wasn't getting away from her. There was another rumble of thunder. "You promise you won't...kill...me if I go with you?" She wondered.

"You'll find out what I want soon enough." Hera was half surprised the woman had stopped. Really, she couldn't decide whether that was a smart move or not. Not that Hera was complaining.

Murder on the other hand... Hera actually gave the question some thought. "Depends on what you mean by kill," she settled on with a shrug.

"Ill tell you one thing though, I rarely lie. Not sure if that's much of a comfort, but still." Gods, this has taken an odd turn. Hera felt like she was rambling too much.

"So, are you coming with me willingly?"

The frightened girl glanced around. Her body and hair couldn't have been more wet. And this woman wasn't going to leave her alone.

"I'll...Come with you...But what do you mean? Depends on killing?" She wondered, shivering a bit as there was another roll of thunder.

"Oh, don't worry about it too much."

Trusting that the woman wouldn't try to run for now, Hera started walking in the direction of home.

While it was true that she wasn't completely lost, this was further out than she usually went. And her sense of direction got worse every year it seemed.

"Not that it matters much, but I want to know your name." It was more of a demand than a question, but Hera still expected an answer.

"Emilia." She told the woman in a shy tone. Not wanting to, Emilia followed the woman. Whom the rain clearly didn't bother. "And who are you? What do you want from me?" She only half wanted to know as she strode along.

"Mhm. I go by Hera. Not my real name, but that's what people call me." Not that it really mattered much. Telling this woman anything was a waste of time. Then again, it couldn't hurt. It would at least relieve her boredom.

"As for what I want with you, well, it will become clear soon enough." She gave Emilia a smile, and not a particularly comforting one.

"Actually, the trip will take a little while so we have time to kill." Only about 10 minutes or so, but still. "Would you like to guess what I'll do with you?"

There was a long moment of silence as Emilia continued to walk. "I'd rather not." She said honestly. She walked in frightened silence.

By the time they reached the woman's home, Emilia was shivering. Her hair and clothing were dripping. She remained silent as they entered. Wondering what her Fate was going to be.

"Suit yourself," Hera said with a shrug. The silence of the rainy evening suited her just fine.

After a while they finally reached an old house. It was big and it was clear that the structure itself was old. The house looked out of place with its surroundings.

Hera held the door open for them both, before locking it behind them. Better safe than sorry. She took off her long black coat and shook the rain out of her braid.

After a bit of thinking, she led them downstairs to the basement. A guest bedroom had been set up with the bare necessities; bed, table, chairs, lights, and a bowl of food that wouldn't spoil. No windows, of course.

"Here we are. Stay in this room, you'll live longer if you do."

"Live longer?" She breathed. Freezing in place as she stepped into the room. It was cold in this house. Like a freezer. Clearly this was her living quaters. Till what? She rotted away in here? Went crazy? Emilia looked down at her hands. Shivering from being soaking wet and now in a cold house.

Noticing her guest shaking, Hera pointed to a dresser in the corner. "There are some clothes there. I'll go and make you a cup of tea."

She didn't bother locking the door. If she escaped now it would be really easy to track her down after all. So, Hera made some tea, went back downstairs, and knocked on the door before going inside.

As Hera left, she was met with more silence. It was a moody and resistant silence. This woman had revealed nothing about herself. And she had basically kidnapped Emilia. Even though she had agreed to go with her. Not seeing any other choice. Lost in thought, Emilia startled as Hera knocked, bringing in the steaming cup of tea.

"I suppose you're going to slowly poison me to death?" She wondered, in z flat and bitter humor. She took the cup and hovered her cold and wet hands over the steam. She didn't dare take a drink yet.

Hera huffed a laugh at the audacity of this woman. "So now you want to guess? I can assure you that poisoning you would be counterproductive."

Hera sat down on the bed, happy to be at home. Even if this room wasn't hers. "But, since you're in the mood to talk, take a seat and ask whatever you want."

It has been a while since Hera had someone to talk to. She would humor Emilia for that reason alone.

The young woman wracked her brain. As she stared into the hot tea, smelling the cinnamen and honey, Emilia wearily took a drink. Closing her eyes as the drink traveled hotly down her throat. Emilia didn't look at her captor.

"So what...You're going torture me to death?" She wondered. It was a half dead humorous question. Now she glanced up at Hera, and she felt slightly queasy at the serious look on the woman's face.

"Hmm, not the exact words I would have chosen... But I suppose so." The thought made her smile. She really wasn't much of a sadist, but since the pain couldn't be avoided then she might as well enjoy it.

"Essentially, I need food. And I'm tired of going out every night. Do you get what I mean?" Hera certainly hoped so. Emilia would find out regardless though.

The girl blinked slowly. Was this woman a cannibal? Emilia looked down at her hands. Her fingers trembling a bit.

"No!" She yelled, standing abruptly and spilling the tea onto the floor. This couldn't be happening. She pressed herself up against the far wall. Her heart hammering in her ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back