• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern V.I.S.I.O.N - Other-Natural Superhero Academy - OUT-OF-CHARACTER

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

TYPE

Now what?
V.I.S.I.O.N
The Vancouver Institute of Science & Innovation: Other-Natural Department
---------------------------------------------------

INTEREST CHECK - V.I.S.I.O.N - Other-Natural Superhero Academy - INTEREST CHECK
LORE - Realistic/Modern - V.I.S.I.O.N - Other-Natural Superhero Academy - LORE
CS - Realistic/Modern - V.I.S.I.O.N - Other-Natural Superhero Academy - CHARACTER-SHEET

-------------------

Here is the OOC. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to voice them here, tagging either Braddington Braddington or Me.

Last edited:
TYPE TYPE could you be will g to give a list of examples of tier 1/2/3 abilities? More than just the few posted in lure. Or give a reference link where those abilities might be found?

TRIED TO QUOTE THE THING, but it gives the whole -see attachment- thing. Check out the LORE. I posted the list there as well.​

TYPE TYPE could you be will g to give a list of examples of tier 1/2/3 abilities? More than just the few posted in lure. Or give a reference link where those abilities might be found?

Hello. Here is a more comprehensive list of what we have. As you might know the world of super-powers and the classification thereof is extensive and too broad. So find something you like, compare them - debate a bit where to place it and feel free to chat with us about where to place it. Looking forward to seeing what you have in mind.

TRIED TO QUOTE THE THING, but check out the LORE. I posted the list there.

Hello. Here is a more comprehensive list of what we have. As you might know the world of super-powers and the classification thereof is extensive and too broad. So find something you like, compare them - debate a bit where to place it and feel free to chat with us about where to place it. Looking forward to seeing what you have in mind.
Thank you so much this was extremely helpful. I'm still deciding but I was looking into Pecfect Accuracy would you say that is teir 1 or tier 2?

Thank you so much this was extremely helpful. I'm still deciding but I was looking into Pecfect Accuracy would you say that is teir 1 or tier 2?

We think that this would be TIER 2, as we are comparing it to Instant Reflexes - so consider it a TOP TIER TIER 2 ability. Also, while we don't mind things like these, just be aware that if there is inter-character conflict - we won't allow such things as one hit kill over 2 km with a sniper. On NPC enemies, feel free to go ham however. Thanks for taking the initiative! Good to see you lot getting into it.

We think that this would be TIER 2, as we are comparing it to Instant Reflexes - so consider it a TOP TIER TIER 2 ability. Also, while we don't mind things like these, just be aware that if there is inter-character conflict - we won't allow such things as one hit kill over 2 km with a sniper. On NPC enemies, feel free to go ham however. Thanks for taking the initiative! Good to see you lot getting into it.
Absolutely. I'm actually interested in the Perfect Mimicary if that's okay. Sounds interesting (and oh the pranks that could be pulled, but also valuable power). I'm really looking forward to the CS and seeing where this goes!

This looks amazing. I am definitly down. Are multiple characters allowed? I have 2 in mind a pair of twins with a weird combo power.
Braddington Braddington TYPE TYPE

We are only allowing for single characters. However - since you have a very specific idea regarding twins, we may make an exception. Let us know what you have in mind, and if it sounds good, you can have the twins.

Okay, so: I have a cool idea for a power that's pretty rare, but I was wondering if there's enough to it to be capable for an able character. The power is Linikenisis, or string/thread/rope manipulation. I was also wondering, if I did use it, would it would be ranked. I'm thinking a Tier 2 or 3.

Okay, so: I have a cool idea for a power that's pretty rare, but I was wondering if there's enough to it to be capable for an able character. The power is Linikenisis, or string/thread/rope manipulation. I was also wondering, if I did use it, would it would be ranked. I'm thinking a Tier 2 or 3.

Hey! Is there perhaps an example you can give? I have to say, my knowledge of Linikenisis is very limited. If not, any chance you can explain it a bit more?

Okay, so users can create, shape and manipulate threads and string, long, thin and flexible form of material, shaping and combining them as needed, or moving them with telekinesis. I'm thinking the limit to the width of the thread/string he can use could possibly be the width of lets say, a soda can.

Okay, so users can create, shape and manipulate threads and string, long, thin and flexible form of material, shaping and combining them as needed, or moving them with telekinesis. I'm thinking the limit to the width of the thread/string he can use could possibly be the width of lets say, a soda can.

Sounds quite interesting - just to give me some more clarity say...
  • your guy is attacked by a man with a gun -
  • your guy is falling off a roof -
  • your guy needs to get into a building -
  • your guy needs to kill a very powerful and resilient enemy -
What would he do? Can you explain a bit more how he would use his abilities in these situations - telling me what happens, clearly showing the limits between what can and can't happen. Again, I am very interested - just want to understand what you have in mind when you imagine it. Squad141 Squad141

I was thinking that the guy always carried a small satchel filled with a variety of strings and small threads on him at all times, for safety sake. He cannot create thread or string, but merely manipulate any close by.

One perk is that when he manipulates said threads they gain more strength than normal, but not massive. Let’s say he manipulated a standard hose, it would have the ability to lift something as big as a truck, while a bundle of strings could carry a small cabinet. He also cannot loft things that are ‘unacceptable’. This is anything like a thread or string that’s larger than the size of an average soda can.

In scenarios, he can be either quite defensive or offensive. If he was shot and not near a hospital, he could wrap the thread around his body as to compress the wound. However, he would then have to focus on it, and most likely couldn’t use his ability on anything else until he undoes it. If he sees someone pull a gun, he could throw a ball of yarn at them, then manipulate it to wrap around the gun and throw somewhere, or wrap around the enemies hand making him unable to pull the trigger.

Height wise, I think he’d like heights, as I imagined him being able to use strings on hand to swing from building to building like Spider-Man by wrapping himself around the torso/arms, and attaching the strings to rooftops or window sills. However, this would also require quite a bit of focus. Getting into a building...I don't think he'd be able to. Something that I have thought of, is that he cannot see the inside of a room, but can manipulate threads through a small hole, like a keyhole. However, he wouldn't really know what to do after that because he can't see anything. And killing a very powerful enemy? It really depends on the guy, but like I explained earlier, it would be quite a battle as long as he doesn't have to wrap a wound. Though he can't strike, he is capable of strangulation, twisting of limbs, that sort of thing.

Sorry for the essay, just wanted to put my thoughts down TYPE TYPE

Hey everyone. I just got done with work. I will take a look and reply to as many of you as I can. Amazed to see how busy this has gotten.

Where would somone like cyborg fall in this power scale?

I don't think a cyborg is perhaps right for this setting. I think the closest you could get is an individual who can turn their skin to metal, or posses the ability to manipulate technology. Full on cyborgs are a bit out of range at this time.

I was thinking that the guy always carried a small satchel filled with a variety of strings and small threads on him at all times, for safety sake. He cannot create thread or string, but merely manipulate any close by.

One perk is that when he manipulates said threads they gain more strength than normal, but not massive. Let’s say he manipulated a standard hose, it would have the ability to lift something as big as a truck, while a bundle of strings could carry a small cabinet. He also cannot loft things that are ‘unacceptable’. This is anything like a thread or string that’s larger than the size of an average soda can.

In scenarios, he can be either quite defensive or offensive. If he was shot and not near a hospital, he could wrap the thread around his body as to compress the wound. However, he would then have to focus on it, and most likely couldn’t use his ability on anything else until he undoes it. If he sees someone pull a gun, he could throw a ball of yarn at them, then manipulate it to wrap around the gun and throw somewhere, or wrap around the enemies hand making him unable to pull the trigger.

Height wise, I think he’d like heights, as I imagined him being able to use strings on hand to swing from building to building like Spider-Man by wrapping himself around the torso/arms, and attaching the strings to rooftops or window sills. However, this would also require quite a bit of focus. Getting into a building...I don't think he'd be able to. Something that I have thought of, is that he cannot see the inside of a room, but can manipulate threads through a small hole, like a keyhole. However, he wouldn't really know what to do after that because he can't see anything. And killing a very powerful enemy? It really depends on the guy, but like I explained earlier, it would be quite a battle as long as he doesn't have to wrap a wound. Though he can't strike, he is capable of strangulation, twisting of limbs, that sort of thing.

Sorry for the essay, just wanted to put my thoughts down TYPE TYPE

Heya! Thanks so much for indulging me. I think this sounds completely within the bounds of what we expect for the RP. Both Brad and I think it's quite interesting and unusual - both big plusses. I think that you will most likely be TIER 3, for it's versatility and complexity - but also for it's limitations. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back