• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Vїvїмцš, ₴їvє Mоґїмцґ (Survival Horror Sci-Fi RP)

Perambulation

Resident Sci-Fi Franchise Creator
Submit your CS (Character Sheets) here:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/vїvїмцš-₴їvє-mоґїмцґ-cs-submission-thread.298356/

OoC Thread:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/vїvїмцš-₴їvє-mоґїмцґ-ooc-thread.318336/

Vivimus, Sive Morimur

*||BACKSTORY||*

It was supposed to be a relaxing vacation for most. With the holiday season finally kickstarted on Monday, many families sought out to visit the planet of Florus, a beautiful temperate planet with pristine beaches and lakes to boot. The starliner, operated by Minyus Starlines, departed the planet of New Krona with its haul of tourists and headed for Florus, as with most other starlines at the time.

The ride itself would take about 2 days to cover, considering the vast distance between Florus and New Krona, especially since faster hyperspace drives are limited to military usage only. Most people spent their times with in-flight entertainment, or chatted with their fellow passengers about their vacation plans. Everything seems to be in order, at least until the emergency alert started broadcasting.

About a day into the starflight, the pilot immediately announced to the passengers to sit down and brace for an emergency re-entry. The starliner, a C-2341, was forced to exit out of hyperspace as a result of a catastrophic hyperdrive failure. As a result of the hyperdrive screw-up, the coordinates became altered to that of Portus, a backwards Outer Territory planet. The passengers quickly went back to their seats, with some of them even praying to whatever deities they believed in for a safe landing.

The starliner managed to crash-land around the Badlands of Portus, where few human settlements existed save for a couple of run-down mining towns. All of the passengers managed to survive, but many of them were injured to an extent. The starliner crew quickly gathered the survivors and downloaded the local map data from their ruined starliner. After charting out the nearest human settlement with comms equipment, they began the long journey.

If only the journey be a happy ending.

During the first night, a survivor was found dead, and several strange glowing white eyes glimmered in the distance, retreating into the darkness of the night. A chilling thought quickly entered into the minds of the survivors:

Something is here…

1) Roles/Equipment
2) Locations
3) Background Info
4) New Union Planets (for your character backgrounds)
5) Character Sheets (CS)
6) Rules

*||ROLES/EQUIPMENT||*

Doctor/First Responder:
These individuals are trained to handle medical emergencies and in first aid. Doctors are able to perform some ad-hoc surgeries should there be enough medical supplies and a safe place for the patient, but otherwise doctors and first responders can only provide basic medical support for the survivors. First Responders are not qualified to perform surgeries.

- Starting Equipment:

1) First Aid Kit (Gauze, Painkillers, Ointments, Bandages, Medical Tape, Antiseptic Wipes, etc)

Security Officer:
These Minyus Starlines hired security officers are trained to handle hostage situations and other situations where armed force may be required. They can handle most weapon types except for sniper rifles, as they are not qualified or trained for long range marksmanship.

- Starting Equipment:

1) HoloPistol: As a result of the crash, the standard issue HoloPistol of the security officers have only about 10 rounds, as the rest of the ammunition became lost from the crash. The HoloPistol operates with a semi-automatic action.

2) Stun Baton: A rather weak stun baton designed to incapacitate troublesome passengers or dangerous criminals on starliners.

Civilian:
The most numerous type of survivor. They have no special skills, but can learn new skills should they be taught, unlike the other specialized survivors. They can also have diverse backgrounds, with some being retired soldiers or some being athletes.

- No starting equipment except for some personal effects (no weapons or anything that could be potentially unbalanced, please)

Flight Attendant:
Trained attendants for the Minyus Starlines. They are capable of providing first aid and are the primary directors of the survivors.

- Starting Equipment:

1) Oxygen Tank: a salvaged emergency oxygen tank, but it is not immediately sure what use it could have on a desert planet.

Pilot:
One of the two pilots that survived the crash onto Portus, pilots are trained to handle most types of civilian starships in the Sigma Sector. Some of them may even have a military pilot experience, making them much more versatile in piloting ships. They have the final say in regards to the survivors decisions.

1) Map of Portus: a small hologram map of the local planet extracted from the crashed starliner’s computers.

2) Emergency HoloPistol: all pilots are given an emergency HoloPistol in case of a hostage situation. It only has about 12 rounds left in the magazine, owing to its emergency nature.

*||LOCATIONS||*

The Dunes:
The starting location of the RP and where the starliner crashed. The Dunes is an unforgiving desert, with few oasis towns along the way back to the mining towns. There is a documented route to the nearest mining town, but the travel there is rather dangerous on foot, as random dust tornados tend to form out of nowhere.

Oasis:
One of the few hospitable areas in the Dunes, oasis are often just simple watering holes with maybe a couple of trees to provide shade. Some of the trees even produce edible fruits.

Mining Town Charleston:
The nearest mining town to the Dunes, but for some reason they have yet to respond to the distress signals of the Minyus Starlines crash.

(Other locations will be revealed throughout the RP)

*||BACKGROUND INFORMATION||*

The Sigma Sector:
The furthermost part of the Milky Way from Old Earth, the Sigma Sector is now the host of the most successful human colonist movement by the Old United Nations. First discovered by scientific probes in the year 2140 CE, the first human colonists, organized by the UN, entered the Sigma Sector during the year 2170 CE. With the establishment of a colonial government, human colonies expanded further into the Sigma Sector, until the UN finally granted the colonial government independence during the year 2210 CE, forming the Federation of the Sigma Sector.

The New Union of the Sigma Sector:
The continuation of the Old Union, the New Union is one of the two governments that controls the Sigma Sector. A reformed government that consists of both former Free Silentian and Old Union members, the New Union is a constitutional republic, operating on similar principles as the old democratic Federation. No longer anti-Silentian, the New Union seeks to ease tensions between regular humans and Silentians, passing laws prohibiting discrimination.

Great Silentian War:
A war waged between the years 2315 CE and 2331 CE, the Great Silentian War was a struggle between the Free Silentians and the Union. The old, corrupt Union government mistreated and tortured Silentians in search for their power, and thus the Free Silentian resistance group formed and ended the war with the defeat of the Union and the formation of the New Union government.
(RP Information here: http://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=180459696&PageIndex=1)

*||NEW UNION PLANETS||*

Core Worlds: The richest planets within the Sigma Sector. The New Union and the Aequalis Federation both have claims within this area. Mostly relying on the Outer Territories for imports, the Core Worlds did much to help rebuild the Outer Territories using their resources and wealth.

- New Krona:
The capital of the New Union. All government branches are located here, along with a growing city around the administrative area. A temperate, Earth-like planet with 3 major oceans, New Krona is one of the most comfortable places to live in the Sigma Sector.

- New Omsk:
An influential industrial planet with a heavy emphasis on weapons manufacturing and development. Formerly a lush jungle world, New Omsk is now covered with weapons foundries and factories. The conversion to clean nuclear fusion reactors allowed for the atmosphere to start becoming clean again, although it remains one of the most polluted atmospheres in the Sigma Sector.

- Potenza:
Devoted to shipbuilding, Potenza is rich with minerals used in construction. The entire planet is tasked with the creation of cruisers, destroyers, and carriers of the New Union Navy (space-based). An ocean world, the first colonists had to rely on artificial islands, which Potenza continues to maintain and create. Both orbital and ocean-based shipyards construct the various naval ships needed by the New Union.

- Thorix:
The old capital planet of the Federation. The old capital city, Aurae City, is situated here. The Aequalis Federation has since taken over Thorix from New Union control. A somewhat temperate world, Thorix is a world where it constantly rains, with only occasional bits of sunshine. Even when not raining, Thorix continues to be covered in dull, grey clouds.

- Ocroria:
Used to be a stronghold for the Old Federation’s navy, Ocroria now functions as the secondary ship-building capital of the New Union. It’s naval infrastructure was revamped to fit modern capital ship requirements, and now rivals the production scale of Potenza. Ocroria is a cold-leaning temperate world, with many parts of the planet covered in a snowy tundra. The more habitable equator is still a rather cool climate, with short summers and long winters.

- Florus:
The most beautiful planet in the entire Sigma Sector, Florus is the paramount location for tourism. The planet has a mild temperate climate, and has numerous pristine beaches and lakes to view around. In addition, the air is absolutely clean and fresh, differing from the more polluted Core Worlds.

Outer Territories: Planets that are on the outskirts of civilized space. Because of the rather insignificant nature of the Outer Territories, they rarely receive nearly as much protection as the Core Worlds. Most of the planets are not nearly as well off as the Core Worlds, but they do derive a significant portion of their funds by exporting raw materials and food to the Core Worlds.

- Portus:
The most outward planet in the entire Sigma Sector, the planet orbits a small red dwarf, which provides just enough energy for life to live. Primarily a desert world and houses a large population of simple farmers. It is now an important agricultural world, with the importation of improved greenhouse tech from the Core Worlds.

- Cesena-01:
A small moon orbiting the gas giant Cesena. All access to the site has since been restricted. Very few people know exactly why the moon had been under surveillance since the last days of the Old Federation.

- Spera:
A backwater planet with a barren surface, Spera is one of the newer planets incorporated into the New Union. One of the farthest planets from the Core Worlds, it takes approximately a week to travel to the Core Worlds by hyperspace. Covered in massive canyons, mountains, and craters, Spera’s rough terrain made initial colonization efforts difficult, although not impossible.

- Vaccaro:
A formerly temperate world, Vaccaro was the site of the largest battle during the Insurgency Wars, when several nuclear detonations caused a planet-wide nuclear winter to settle in. Without proper access to its orbiting star’s energy, Vaccaro soon turned into a snowy wasteland with pockets of lethal radiation still on the surface. The former HQ of the Free Silentians, Vaccaro is paraded as the Aequalis Federation’s most historically significant planets. On the surface, only a small trading and mining settlement exists.

- Pacem:
A somewhat lush jungle world, Pacem remains one of the safehouses of the Sigma Sector. Pacem has a jungle climate, with humidity and heat being major factors. Most of the people promote Pacem as a tourist destination for those that like a sense of adventure.

*||CHARACTER SHEETS (CS)||*

Name
Appearance
Role
Equipment
Skills (something your character can do. do not make it too overpowered)
Bio (optional)
Others/Extra

*||RULES||*

1) No godmodding for obvious reasons.
2) No power-playing. Please, keep your writing to your own character
3) No harassment. We want a nice community here
4) No using Silentian characters. I know that Silentians exist in the Sigma Sector by now, according to the lore, but I’d rather not deal with super power users in this survival horror RP.
5) If you have suggestions to improve the RP thread, send me a PM
6) Have fun!
7) Listen to all admins. They know the best
8) No romancing in RP. Respect ROBLOX rules.
9) Otherwise, have fun! I will drive the story with NPC interactions from time to time

Last edited:
(Nope, Peramb mentioned on 3rd page that it'll stick to that RPF thread. read next post

Also, this means there are 3 people ready, we just need Bolram now.)

Last edited by a moderator:
tip of the tolly hat to you fellows but i dont think i know where to join

coughs

(Alright, we are starting this... Let's go)

DM

It is the following morning after the first night since the starliner crash. The survivors are still whispering about the "incident". Many are worried about how they will even get off the desert planet of Portus now that they are in the middle of a gigantic desert with limited supplies. The temperature is beginning to warm up from the chilly night into the hot day, as the sun begins to rise.

The crashed starliner still carries some supplies, and is currently split into three main parts: the cockpit, main body, and tail area. Some electronics are still functioning, but the long-distance comms have failed. The starliner crew have already procured the distress beacon, but the crash has weakened its range. As a result, the only chance for the survivors to communicate their situation is to make it to the nearest mining town on Portus, Charleston. It is about a 6 day trip, and there is an oasis along the way for replenishment. 

The deceased survivor, a person known as Morrison, was buried promptly, as the badly mauled body could prove to be a demoralizer for the rest of the survivors. 

Antone

"I have an idea for a plan,"  He'd gaze at the wreakage in awe, " We either wait for a rescue crew, if any ever comes, or we take what we can and head for this Oasis." He'd be holding up hisleft arm as it was cut in the crash down to the desert like planet. "Either way, if we do leave we should leave at the start of sun down, it's not good to die of Heat Stroke."

Poppy

"What? That's dumb. Remember what happened last night? I don't want a horrifying monster to eat me!" She looked around the dusty planet. "I say we just risk the heat, because there is absolutely no way that I'm going to go in the dark. I don't want to end up like that M-Morrison guy!"

(It's kind of funny because the name morrison reminds me of the truck driver in futurama)

An iridescent field of light beamed down upon Vaal's skin, snapping his eyes open as he lie on his back upon the ground. Sleep did not come easy nor did it last long for the doctor, his duties leaving him busy and awake. Those that were injured severely ate up what supplies they had until little remained, leaving a growing paranoia of possible infection among those who were alive. So, the doctor rose once more, recapturing his bearings of the situation before him. The smoking, shattered hull of the downed starship was a grim reminder that yes, the night was not a dream. Each broken piece would have its own collection of needed materials but more importantly provided shade. It was a tragedy, their situation, one that Morrison would never get to see develop. The things that killed him were out there, watching, yet always out of view. They were but prey against these denizens. But to leave at sun down? Morrison was taken during the night. Who's to say more won't follow suit? Vaal would shake his head, stepping out of the makeshift canopy of his old coat strung over a metal pole, yanked from the debris the night before. "At night? You saw what happened to Morrison. Those wounds weren't inflicted by the crash. But right now, it's a battle against the sun. We need to get people inside the remains of the ship and put out whatever fires were caused by the impact."

There was another man observing his surroundings and fellow survivors carefully, but his main goal at the moment was not the apparent threat looming on the outskirts. There was something to him that was just as important, if not much more, than the lack of shelter and the sweltering heat.

"What about the food situation?" D'Amoni asked. "That's more important than any of this right now. Even if we have any sort of rations or pristine food right now, is there anything that is remotely edible on this planet?"

D glanced at his HoloKindle, swiping through the now-useless cooking recipes. "I still haven't even been to Florus yet," he said dejectedly. "And Morrison here- he said he would've loved to try some of my cooking when we got over there." Whether or not Morrison actually said that is anyone's guess.

D began observing his surroundings again. "So, the food situation. Is there even anything on Portus we can forage?"

DM

Fortunately for the survivors, there is a staple source of food on Portus: Brox Beets. These beets grow in patches in the deserts of Portus, utilizing whatever water they can tap underground for survival. As a result, natives of Portus recognize a particularly large patch of Brox Beets as a sign that a large reservoir in present underneath. The Brox Beets are also edible themselves, and have a similar taste to potatoes, crops that were brought over from Old Earth some hundreds of years ago by the first colonists. 

(Thanks, voice in the sky!)

"Of course," D thought aloud. "Brox beets. I suppose we would've had information about those lying around. I don't quite remember if I've worked with them before, but surely everyone remembers what a potato is. (Surely.)

"That leaves us - or, rather, me - with a task to do. I'll search the nearby area for beets, and if I find anything I'll see what I can cook up." With that said, D wanders a short distance off, searching for the aforementioned Brox Beets.

(also, put your character name in the first line, so everyone knows which character you are easier)

DM

As D wandered off to search for the Brox Beets, he stumbles upon a large patch. The Brox Beets seem ripe for the picking, and the large patch indicates that there is a large reservoir underneath. However, one of the Brox Beet leaves begin to rustle...

Poppy

"Brox beets? Are you serious? Out of all the things on this planet to have... Bross Beets is what we have to eat! Eugh!" Poppy looked extremely displeased about the situation. "And now I'm missing a show at Florus. Of course. This is the best day ever!" She stormed off, looking at the debris and started rummaging through it.

(easy, rock - react to Morrison's death, and either be in a state of mild panic or find something to do)

D'Amoni

is going to announce to the others that he found a whole bunch of brox beets ("I can make anything taste fantastic," he assured Poppy), and most certainly a large thing of water underneath. Despite the potential danger of a creature or something, D was pretty sure this one was harmless if it's just rustling among the beets, so he decided to start grabbing some beets.

George S. Navarro

The snoring pilot, who was sitting on a makeshift chair, was awoken by all the commotion. He was quite mortified at the death of the civilian, but he quickly overcame it with the help of a few drinks.

"Wahuh?!" He said, then realized that this was talk of what on earth to do with the survivors.

"Well, 'f you want MY opinion, I think we should split in to two groups. One group stays at the ship, one goes out to that minin' town. Group that stays on the ship starts making food, water, stuff like that, if the Minin' group needs supplies, they go back to the ship. But hey, what'd do I know, 'm I right?"

D'Amoni,

while picking the roots, looked up, vigorously shaking his head at the pilot's suggestion.

"I'm no expert," the chef said, "but based on the situation we're in, I think you need to set your drinks down for a while.

"So basically, what you said here, right? You want us to split into two groups, and one of them has to head on a six day journey to a village that may or may not be inhabited because of whatever's going on here. Then that group has to hope the other one is fine on their own. (Plus, the DM will have to make two separate scenarios then.) Enough of that for now. I'm just gonna keep picking these beets."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back