• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Suggestion Using non-google fonts in here?

Necessity4Fun

I'll keep trying, even if I'm not good enough...
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
There's probably not a way for that, but I thought I would ask. Specially to see if people came up with hacky ways to do things... If it IS possible.

I came across this old post layout of mine and it used to have the font 'Ravie' in it's header. This was probably back in the HTML era, so I was wondering if there was a way to IDK, 'loophole CSS' into BBCode to get it work again?

Just an idea that I'm not sure if can be done... I'm just a curious cat.

It could be made possible, but it isn't currently. It would require letting people load fonts from arbitrary sources, which I'm not sure is something we should allow, if only because they could dramatically raise load times if the source site is slow (Google Fonts is fast, like the rest of Google's CDN, so the difference is usually not noticeable). There could also be a small security risk for certain browsers if they are not properly secured.

Of course, if people have the desired font installed on their computer, it will display for them, but it might not for everyone, especially if it's not a standard font.

I thought I was going to get an answer like that (had no idea loading times could an issue though, it does make sense). Still wanted to hear it from someone who understood more about this stuff than me~

I think last time I had copy-pasted it from Evernote and it had magically worked. Probably, won't be able to do the same now (I'm not in a computer right now, so I didn't try yet).

Yep, not a good decision if it allows the site to have security breaches, we definitely don't want to tamper with that. I might do a header image in Medibang then, as a workaround.

Thanks for the info! I was just really really curious~ >w<
As in: 'It worked before, I wonder if it can work again?' curious.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back