• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Us, the Dysfunctional (warning, this is a dark-ish RP)

Pthenora

3f92f17f6f98e7075a6117444894442f.jpg
Us, the Dysfunctional

I want out of this life
couse time’s running out
and the clock’s tickin’
tick tick tick tick boom
its the countdown to our doom
yet we are just people pulled into the dark by strings of life
like a puppet we follow its ways
tumblin’ around and about

couse once you're in, you never get out.’

What do you do if your future seems set in stone? Decided for you just because of the location and family you were born into? What do you do when you ‘know’ there is no way out of a bad situation and there won't be some knight in shining armor or queen in glittering garments sweeping their way into your neighborhood to save you? What if you knew your path was dark and lead trough dangers most never have to face?

The RP is about a group of young people born into a bad neighborhood/trailer park. Their families are broken, criminal, hopeless or anything in between and it seems like they will have no choice but to go with the path in front of them despite their hopes and dreams of something bigger, better waiting for them out there in the world. The neighborhood is full of gangs, crime and the roads are paved with broken dreams but even if life set them up with a hopeless scenario the young group stands strong and some even try to get out of the life before its too late.

Its basically a somewhat dark RP with some crime, struggles, some happy moments (can't be all depressing right?), drama and most importantly our characters trying to fight ‘their destiny’ of becoming like their parents. Dysfunctional to no end.

P.S.: Sorry for the crapy rhyming in the first part of the intro, it's more like a poem I guess, but I'm still not good at that :S
The inspiration came from 8 mile and other media (not really feeling like listing them all) but it's not going to be related to any of them so even if you don't know any its totally cool.

Great! I will make the threads today since this idea got some interest. I will let you guys know once the threads are up and post the links here as well.

Pthenora Pthenora If you've abandoned this, please let us know.
Pthenora hurt their wrist a few weeks ago & isn't able to RP for a while. They mentioned it in their "Our LGBT+ Life" RP's OOC chat.

This is from yesterday on their "Our LGBT+ Life" RP's OOC chat tab. "Hey guys, sorry for the long absence :( I know it took me waaay to long to get back but I had a bad phase and needed some time away

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back