• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Guy followed Tai to the pokémon center and then proceeded to the back of the room that was prepared, having fallen awfully silent after agreeing to accompany Tai to the pokémon center, not exactly like him, not that Tai would know. Perhaps he was still in shock, perhaps his mind was busy processing what had happened. After entering the room with the bunk beds he took another look around at the other people there. Far fewer than he'd hoped, to be honest, then again, maybe other survivors had simply not made it this far just yet, or had family or friends to run or attend to.

"Hello! Could I get some help with my hand after you're done over there?" He asked with a raised voice, albeit in his usual carefree and friendly tone as he waved a hand in an attempt to get the nurse's attention, the injured one at that. Though the cut wasn't immensely deep, the fact that he hadn't closed it or bandaged it meant that it had had plenty of time to bleed freely and bleed it did! Much more than Guy would have assumed. "Wow, that's a lot of blood!" He went onto state, lowering his hand in front of him as a crimson trail wrapped around the back of his palm before dripping onto the floor. "Ow." He added a short moment later, presumably the pain only now having hit him, his gaze bouncing between the Nurse, the person that was being bandaged and Tai, unsure of what to do with himself.

120 PD

Last edited by a moderator:
3525b4984cc822aa771634b334654416.png
719149_trainercard-Tai_Kato.png

LOCATION: Route 5---------------------------STATUS: Emotional--------------------------INTERACTION: Xemanorth Xemanorth
Tai followed the nurse into the clean back room. It was practically empty, apart from the rather stern woman who was sitting having her feet seen to. She looked worse for wear- clearly the attack had greatly impacted on everyone.
Turning her attention to Guy(who had finally allowed his shock to sink in) Tai tried to smile.
However, this act of kindness was short lived, as she noticed the cut her counterparts hand- which she personally felt looked pretty nasty.

Tai was now faced with another tough emotional decision. Having not really known this man for long, she was now in a very uncomfortable position within her own mind.
Letting this person in enough to care for them was dangerous territory- Tai had yet to think about her brother, who was now probably dead. So to allow herself to help and defend her new found 'friend' could lead her towards more emotional turmoil.

Screw it.... she thought as she sharply spun towards the nurse who had led them both in. Taking a large breath she then began to speak(In a rather loud manner).
'Nurse- could you please help this man first? I have my arm strapped up pretty well- and his wound looks like it could be infected!'

She looked rather sternly at the nurse, not realising how rude she was probably being perceived.
Tai had never really been that great at talking to others- mainly because it took her a while to build her trust up. Plus, she was agitated in herself, her own arm was now throbbing rather aggressively. Clearly the morphine like shock she was in had finally began to wear off.

110 PD

KjfJKTK.png

addresses: x
mentions: Xemanorth Xemanorth Polka Polka
music: x
Malyna seemingly held no guilt or shame about her commanding tone. She watched the nurse squirm a moment or two, before being offered a damp cloth. She took it, immediately wiping at one of her eyes.

"Thank you."

It was rare for her to be openly thankful for much, but she wasn't in a position to be picky about help or kindness. Even if it was by obligation on the nurse's part.

"Do you have Pokémon that need care too?"

She frowned. As if she would be in the condition she was in if she had a team of Pokémon by her side. Though even she could begrudgingly admit, it wouldn't have changed much. The depressing and fearful thoughts of having no control washed over her, parting her lips to try and form a response.

"No, I don't h--."

Sounds came from the hallway- several sets of footsteps. The frail woman froze, the trauma still heavy on her shoulders. Did they come after her? Luckily soon after the nurse's uniform appeared in the doorway, along with two wounded. It was obvious they'd been in or around Saffron when it happened. One tall young man that looked surprisingly chipper considering, which made a shiver run down her spine. And a seemingly more grounded woman to her side.

Malyna began to wipe at her eye more, seeing the large amount of mascara staining the white cloth. When she glanced at the two in the doorway again, she could've been straight out of a horror movie. Mascara run down one side of her face, lipstick smeared to the side, deadly pale and her hair a mess.

"Wow, that's a lot of blood!- Ow."

For a moment she was able to forget the terror, just by seeing the seemingly brainless man now bleeding onto the flooring. Did he hit his head? Or had he always been 'special'? She shook her head slightly, not at all energized enough to snark at someone, instead opting to begin cleaning the other side of her face.
100 PD

Last edited:
PbWjKyM.png

Polka Polka Xemanorth Xemanorth Feywild Feywild WolfSol WolfSol LazyDaze LazyDaze Springer Springer
Minimum Activity: Post once a week

In Rowan's way to the Pokémon Center, he heard echoing silence surrounding him. No pedestrians, no trainers and no locals outside. It had become normal in these dark times, but even now, normally, there would at least be some activity. As the young man spoke to himself, he heard a rustle to his side.

A small Rattata hopped quickly from the direction of the forests on route five. It had a limp, stopping at Rowan muttered things about his sister. The small critter gave him what could almost be seen as a raise of the brow, before it hopped onward to what seemed to be a place behind the Pokémon Center. Where it went, Rowan didn't know- because tending to his injuries was definitely a priority over some random Rattata.

The young man stepped into the cool welcoming air of the Pokémon Center, where it was as deserted as the rest of Cerulean. But he could catch a final word or two coming from his right, spotting a door swaying back and forth as if it had just been opened. Unfortunately the nurse hadn't heard him, but at least it wasn't completely abandoned...

-----

The second nurse guided Guy and Tai - that rhymes! - to the room she had mentioned. Though both bothered the poor nurse that was already tending to someone, the one they had entered with gave them a soft smile.

"Not to worry, I'm here too. Once my colleague is ready with the miss she will help me as well."

She looked between the two, and at Tai's request turned her attention first to Guy. The poor man bled on the floor, the nurse knelt down to grab a kit and then motioned to the other bunk-beds lined against the walls. There were six in total, ranging from bordering the frail woman to all the way on the other side of the room.

"Please take a seat. Do either of you have Pokémon we should also tend to?"

Once they would sit down, the nurse knelt in front of Guy as she inspected the wound. "You'll need a few stitches. I'll be applying some topical anesthesia, it will sting for a moment." She got to work, preparing a needle before preparing to urge it into the skin right beside the opened wound.

The nurse at Malyna's feet nodded. "No Pokémon, I see." She finished wrapping her feet up, raising to her own as she closed her kit. She offered the woman another damp cloth, taking the one stained with mascara as she began to prepare a Center night-robe. She laid one on the bed beside her. "Let me know if you need anything else."

With a click of heels the nurse swiftly made her way to Tai, whilst her colleague tended to Guy. It wasn't hard to find at least one of the injuries the young woman had suffered. She held her hand out, now closed med-kit in hand as she took to her knees to be at eye-level at the bed.

"May I unwrap and treat it miss?"

Guy seated himself on the bed as instructed, his gaze wandering restlessly all around the area. He'd give Malyna a short wave on his way after the nurse. "No, no pokémon yet." Came the reply to the question posed to him, as the man still appeared almost disturbingly unaffected by the catastrophe that had occurred but recently, bleeding palm aside. Briefly distracted by a poster on the wall, his gaze narrowed, focusing on the thin, small line of text at the bottom of it, ordinarily, he'd probably experience some marked difficult with needles, but by the time the nurse was done, he'd only just caught up to the situation at hand. "Sorry what?" He asked before feeling that peculiar sting run through his palm, the pain surging up the length of his arm as he outed a sharp: "Ow!" though thankfully, remained still throughout the endeavour.

Only just now noticing the needle, his eyes shot wide open before his head turned to look at a nearby wall, or Tai should she be present at an angle sufficient so as not to catch a front-row seat to the stitching going on with his hand, simply watching her get treated instead to take his own mind off the situation at hand, wondering how bad a time she'd had of it.

90 PD

Kazimir Rook
Interaction:
WolfSol WolfSol LazyDaze LazyDaze
Snapping her head to frown at him when he laughed at her outburst, Kazimir shook her head, a small smile splaying across her lips as she looked away. Hearing his comment of her being younger, Kazimir quirked her brows and shot him a playful glance, “only two drinks? I expected something less tame from you.” Then she rolled her eyes at the prospect of drinking all your problems away, biting her lip as she continued to move now.

“I don’t mind if you don’t remember me, I just like having names to put with faces.” She shrugged, only at that moment clicking onto her arm actually beginning to ache as the panic and adrenaline that had been smothering the pain wore away. She needed to get it treated properly, but first she needed to get past that fence. Kazimir wouldn’t exactly have called Sam’s fail of fence flipping elegant or cool, but it got the job done. So she copied him and climbed, only squeaking a little when the wood creaked underneath her and when she landed very unsteadily, falling on her ass when her feet didn’t anticipate the sudden weight they’d be dealing with again. Pushing herself up off of the ground, she caught up with Sam and deadpanned at his latest comment, “No offence Sammy, but I don’t think looking for a bar should be your biggest concern.”

Clutching her bleeding arm, Kazimir snapped out of her act of self care at the words of Sam as she turned her head slowly to narrow her eyes at Sam, “I didn’t mean to be sick on your precious hand.” She grumbled, resisting the urge to cross her arms as they began to make their way through the empty streets of Cerulean. Listening to the rest of what Sam was saying in silence, only piping up as he said she’d be the optimist.

“I’ve gotta say that I’m going to disappoint you if you’re expecting me to be an optimist.”

They walked in silence after that, allowing Kazimir the time to attempt to process everything that’d just happened whilst keeping a watchful eye out for the Poké Center, not even bothering to muffle her sigh of relief as she caught glimpse of its inviting lights and welcoming structure, striding into it with or without Sam. Instantly being presented with a new stranger, his clothes charred and definitely sporting a few injuries that needed treating.

“You wouldn't happen to know where the nurses are would you?”

70 PD

Interactions: Xemanorth Xemanorth Polka Polka
Pete had managed to maneuver himself to the, survivor’s room? Yes let’s call it that for now. And by maneuver of course he meant limp along the hallway, he had entered the lobby and would have waited his turn to get treated but his curiosity had been peaked when he saw two survivors, he assumed they were survivors by their clothes and the damage they had combined with the fact they were taken together into one room. Being lead, so of course he decided to follow that group, the fact that there was a constant pain running along his leg and causing him mind numbing probably didn’t help matters but that wasn’t neither here nor there. He had almost immediately entered the room but decided to wait for a bit and listen in on the conversation inside, he didn’t want to interrupt if they were doing some kind of emergency surgery. Thankfully he didn’t hear any sounds like that, not that he knew what surgery sounded like but he could make an educated guess.

Unfortunately his leg was hurting far too much at this point. He looked down at hmself, his shirt had been slightly torn by his own hands. After removing the small pieces of debris that had lodged themselves into his leg he had to bind them with something and bandages were in short supply what with an attack on the city occurring. So he bound himself using his shirt, something plenty of people would do in that situation. Except he had to change these makeshift bandages once more and he was pretty sure that his shirt wasn’t yellowish blue which probably meant pus had begun to leak. On the one hand that meant his body was fighting off an infection, on the other hand it meant there was an infection going around in the first place. He sighed and just opened the door walking in and looking around the room, there were two nurses inside just like he’d heard, and a guy and a girl nearby. The girl had a petite build and the gu- nope nope too much pain.

He let out a small huff and quickly laid down on the nearby bed, quickly rattling off an explanation to make sure that his first words weren’t just a simple groan. “Hello” He smiled at them, well he was pretty sure he was smiling in the general direction of the people in the room. His eyes were squeezed shut slightly because of the pain so he wouldn’t know though. “Need help..I was in the Saffron incident,, and..got a bit damaged” His bandaged up leg which was definitely leaking something probably told them that much already. It probably didn’t help that he was groaning every word out, even with the pain slowly relaxing from finally not standing on that leg it was still quite a bit of pain. Eventually it calmed down, praise Arceus and he was able to actually speak slightly letting out a sigh before looking at the other participants. “It’s..probably not that bad..just a few small wounds” He knew basic first aid of course, so he knew even a small cut could lead to a serious infection but well he didn’t panic anyone. Except he was in a room with two nurses who probably already knew it wasn’t a minor issue, whelp at least he tried?

100 PD

LOCATION: Route 5---------------------------STATUS: Annoyed--------------------------INTERACTION: Xemanorth Xemanorth

Once Tai was sure that Guy was being seen to, she allowed the other nurse to check out her injury.
When asked, she also shrugged off the idea of healing any Pokemon- the last Pokemon she had ever been in close direct contact with was the family Growlithe when she lived in Cinnabar.

The unwrapping of the wound was painful and the layers of her flannel shirt had stuck into some of the drying blood on her wound. However, Tai was not really sure to the extent of the damage that she had received on her arm- she just hoped she didn't need stitches like Guy(And prayed her boxing career was not over).
Every now and again she shot Guy a little smile- just so he knew she was still there in support of him. Every now and again, even with the pain relief, Tai would feel a sharp jab in her arm as the nurse worked steadily. Her short fuse and tolerance was definitely being tested.

Tai had almost forgotten about the other people in the room when a feeble 'Hello' could be heard in the bed nearest to her. It was the flash of his dark hair that caught her attention first, reminding her of her older brother- though this guy was definitely younger than she was.
Like a slowpoke without its tail, he looked pained and distraught. Saffron had really done a number on every single person that was present in the room.
And again, Tai was faced with an important decision. She could either respond to this dude next her(Even though her quota on meeting new people had been well and truly maxed out) -or- she could ignore him and let him suffer.

Safety in numbers? quickly sprung to mind.
What kind of aspiring gym leader would she be if she didn't at least try to stand alongside others?

'Ouch!'
Now maybe it had been all that thinking- or -maybe the reality of the situation was finally catching up... but whatever that clumsy nurse was doing, she was irritating Tai.

'Please tell me that you are almost done with my arm- that guy over there in the bed needs you!' She growled through gritted teeth.

80 PD

Rowan had almost missed the small creature who seemed to show confusion at his odd behavior outside of the pokemon center. He was tempted to explain that he was not crazy; however, explaining that to a pokemon would probably defeat the very purpose of proving how normal you actually were. He simply smiled as he watched it run off. He wondered how it would feel to be a pokemon for a day, but that would have to be a thought explored for another time.

After he ran into the pokecenter he was a bit startled at the lack of a response. It was completely empty as silence seemed to engulf him. He wondered if the pokecenter was actually run down; he had seen it before. However, the shuffling of doors and the sound of voices that slowly started to rise from afar told him that he had not completely goofed. He hoped no one heard his outburst, and he suddenly became grateful that no one was in the immediate area. Just as he was about to follow the sound, another person walked in asking about the nurses. He couldn't help but compare it to his own boisterous entrance as he simply analyzed her without speaking. Perhaps she was also coming from Saffron. He caught himself after he realized that if he stared at her any longer he would be that creepy guy. He shook his head and pointed to the doors.

"I just got here, I think they're past those doors," Rowan said calmly as he pointed toward the previously shifting doors. He motioned for her to go on ahead adhering to the lady's first rule. He would follow behind her as soon after.

"Rowan by they way, coming from Saffron?"

It wasn't until she arrived that he realized how powerless he really was. The only thing he could do was point her in the direction of the nurse. Nevertheless, he did his best not to get discouraged. He wasn't a superhuman and he could only control certain things; after all, everyone had their own purpose. Perhaps it wasn't his purpose to nurse the survivors back to health. Either way, even if she wasn't coming from Saffron he was happy to see another person; he was happy to be alive.

DapperCat DapperCat Feywild Feywild

70 PD

KjfJKTK.png

addresses: x
mentions: Xemanorth Xemanorth
Malyna merely nod at the nurse as she left her bedside. She wasn't in any mood to be her usual bossy self. When the young man that had the blood theatrics before waved to her, she could do naught but give him a somewhat befuddled wave back. Her hand, like the rest of her, was covered in dirt and mud. But traces of the delicately applied nail polish were still present.

She thought about curling up and turning around right there and then, but realized the state of her as she waved to the man, curling her fingers in as she inspected them. Someone was yelling, someone came in- but frankly she didn't really care. She didn't know them.

The woman called out to the nurses swiftly; "If you have a shower- I'd like to take one to get the grime off." One of the nurses nodded and gave her a swift instruction where to go. Malyna got up, putting her palm on the side of the bunkbed before beginning to carefully step out. Giving little sounds of pain with every tap of her feet onto the flooring.

She found herself at the bathrooms, undressing herself as she turned on the hot water. The cloth moving past her skin hurt at places. She definitely had some scrapes, but further the only real injury was her feet-... and her mental trauma.

The slender woman stepped into the shower, adjusting the heat as she brushed her thick red locks back over her shoulders, their luscious curls straightening under the weight of the water. Her thoughts began to race once more- taking the moment alone to close her eyes and let the tears fall free.

90 PD

Last edited:
PbWjKyM.png

Polka Polka Xemanorth Xemanorth Feywild Feywild WolfSol WolfSol LazyDaze LazyDaze Springer Springer

The nurse weaved the needle through Guy's skin as if it were a thin scrap of cotton, trying up the end of it before bandaging it up. She smiled up at him as she closed the medkit.
"Here we are. Let me know if any pain arises, or if it beings to bleed again."
She got to her feet, dipping her head as she excused herself and immediately rushed over to the new arrival.

One set of beds away, a patient grumbled out in pain, shouting to the nurse to get to the next patient. The nurse furrowed her brows a little.
"I'm so sorry miss, but just like your boyfriend we will need to use stitches for your injury. But-... many more."

She had cut open the sleeve of Tai, looking over the injury before beginning to dab it with a disinfectant. Sharp pains would wash over the poor young woman, the nurse immediately getting to work with the needle and thread. Weaving it through the woman's arm, she stopped only when it was time to tie up the end.

The two nurses muttered something between themselves about voices in the lobby, and the one treating Tai paused. She fished a Poké Ball out of her apron, clicking the button. With a brilliant red light, a round and medium-sized shape took form. With a sing-song call of its own name, a Chansey appeared.

"Go to the lobby and instruct anyone there to come here. Then go back there and be ready to welcome others at the desk."

The Pokémon looked almost beyond excitement- as if it had been a while since she had been given the chance to truly work in her position. She let out another cheerful call, before beginning to waddle out into the lobby.

"Hello. Need help..I was in the Saffron incident, and..got a bit damaged," the new patient croaked out in noticeable pain.
"Anywhere else than the leg?" she nurse stated calm and clear.

Immediately she began to undo the wrappings the young man had done on himself. Despite her tone, it was clear this case was far more serious than the others had been. Working with a bigger rush than with any of the others.

"This is going to hurt a moment- I request you to bite down on this."

She held out a small white towel just above Pete's lips. If he were to bite down on it, the nurse would immediately prepare a needle, injecting it deeper than she had with the other injuries, and injecting a whole lot more of the substance. Her face was lined in a serious frown.

-----

"...coming from Saffron?"
Just as one of the three new arrivals said this, the door flapped open again. Though instead of a nurse, a Chansey wobbled out with a pleasant and calm smile on her face.

"Chansey!"

The Pokémon seemed to look both of them over, scanning for injuries. Seeing they were all able to walk without too much problem she immediately waddled back over to the door. With a stubby pink paw she held it open, calling out her own species one more time.

Samuel Nicholson
Comparing boo-boos at the Poke Center in Cerulean
Feywild Feywild LazyDaze LazyDaze DapperCat DapperCat
------------------------------------
Samuel fell in step behind Kaz, only scoffing lightly at her brief interjections. They ambled through the short expanse of street, each step ricocheting off buildings that appeared untouched by the chaos that had befallen Saffron. It was a good sign compared to what they'd seen, but the silence spoke otherwise. Now, it had been a good long while since Sam had graced Cerulean with his presence. Years, in fact. The streets had been bustling with people then, Pokemon even, so this was a bit... strange. But priorities. Pessimism and paranoia aside, he did have a companion and she did need treatment. That and although he continually joked about alcohol--of which he still wouldn't mind having--they did need rest. Well, he did. He was damn near tired and in dire need of a smoke. So lame jokes, cravings, and wariness aside, they needed to check.

The sigh of relief from Kaz was mirrored by Samuel as his gaze continued to linger over the lights from the Poke Center. It felt unreal, seeing such a sight that he normally, under other circumstances, wouldn't determine as "beautiful." Yet compared to the past few hours, it was the most beautiful-damn-thing he'd ever settled eyes on, right next to a deal on three packs of smokes at the old Saffron Poke Mart.

He followed behind her into the Center, the swooshing of the doors greeting them with a blast of air conditioning and the distant taste of blood and burnt flesh. It made his nose crinkle as he stopped a few paces behind the young woman as she met with a man who looked no better than they did. Well, no... scratch that. The fellow looked in dire need of a hug or just a shower. Compared to his and Kaz's clothes, the new guy had been playing in the fire much longer than they. That and the injuries. Injuries of which made any of his or Kaz's seem like little boo-boos. At least, that's how they looked for Sam, but he wasn't an injury expert. He just knew burns and blood when he saw them.

"Rowan by the way, coming from Saffron?"

So they weren't the only survivors, or the people of Cerulean had already gotten wind of Saffron's demise. Sam took up post beside Kaz, looking the new guy up and down before replying, "Samuel, she's K-" hadn't she just shared her name a moment ago? Ah, his memory was so shot these days, "and yes, came from the fiery pits of Saffro-"

"Chansey!"

Sam gracelessly jumped at the exclamation, his gaze falling down to the well-rounded, pink Pokemon at their feet. The sight of a Pokemon after the near-death experiences immediately had him on edge, eyes hardening on the black, beady eyes as it looked them over. It didn't charge at any of them though, much to Sam's relief. Instead it waddled, yes waddled, to a door near the back and waved them over.

Cute and defenseless, but he didn't buy it for a long second. That is, until it waved a nubby arm in beckoning gesture. You got this far Sam. What's the worst thing a little old Chansey could do, sit on you to death? A shrug, a sigh, and Sam followed after it. He stepped past Kaz and Rowan, following after the pink Pokemon halfheartedly.

100 PD

LOCATION: Pokemon Centre ---------------------------STATUS: Embarrassed--------------------------INTERACTION: Xemanorth Xemanorth

Tai's whole face turned red.
There she was, trying to decide whether or not to stick by Guy - and the bloody nurses thought they were together.
She was entirely lost for words... well she had a few things she would like to say but none of them were appropriate for the situation.

Tai then quietly allowed the nurse to finish her job but held her pained expression every time the needle sunk into her skin. She then avoided clocking eyes with Guy, in case he saw her tomato face.

It wasn't until the release of a Chansey from its Pokeball, that she felt a bit more at ease.
However this calmness was abruptly taken away when she noticed the nurse asking her neighbour to bite down on something. Tai felt bad for him, his injury was clearly more extensive than what she and Guy had.
Tai had really had enough of screams and pain to last her lifetime.

Quickly, Tai decided she needed to get clean off the excess blood and muck(If not only to escape the emotional turmoil she was facing in the treatment room).
She was a mess and emotionally drained- and needed a break from everything going on around her.
Turning her attention back to Guy (well speaking in his general direction) she muttered:
' I am going to use the shower- but I will be back'
The funny thing was that Tai had not realised that she had begun to cling to Guy emotionally- he was more of a friend to her than she even knew.

She then proceeded to run towards the desk, collecting a small , almost empty bag to take with her to the shower room. Upon inspection it had some white clothes and slippers, a towel, soap and a small dental kit.

Once in the showers she undressed and stepped into the next free cubicle, as one was already in use.
Along with the stream of water, Tai could here sobbing.
Uncharacteristically, Tai cleared her throat- Maybe it had been the cool refreshing water, or being away from the people in the other room but she sincerely asked if the person in the other cubicle was okay.
Her own tears now falling down her face-- way too much had happened today!

120 PD

Another potential survivor walked in on his brief conversation, if you could call it that. The stranger would introduce himself as Samuel and was about to introduce the lady he had trailed behind. It took all the will power in the world not to wrap his arms around them both and tend to their injuries. If left to his devices he probably would have ended up mummifying them both with medical tape...on second thought, that wasn't a half bad ide-

Before he could finish the thought, the doors flung open which caused Rowan to fall on his butt before popping back up in a fighting stance he saw on a T.V show sometime ago. Once his eyes adjusted to the addition of a pink blob he gave a sigh of relief. "...Oh Nurse, its just you...," he said with a smile as he dusted off his hat and placed it back on his head. He kept trying to look away from the Chansey, making eye contact then darting them to some random area of the wall. With any luck something interesting would appear to take his mind off the fact that the "nurses" had started to put on a lot of weight...I mean a lot. With the climate of the world its no surprise that she had gone into stress eating, but hey she was the nurse and he was one of many patients. From the outside looking in, it could perhaps be excused as the ramblings of a man who was on the brink of death. It wasn't the result of pent up stress; Rowan was just that bad with faces. I mean the pokemon looked like a human, an egg shaped human, an egg shaped, pink, human.

Rowan followed inside after waving to the young lady who he still didn't know. "Sam has the right idea. We should probably get this over with." Once inside it was as if he had finally breathed for the first time. His back untightened and his shoulders loosened up. For just a moment he felt safe. With that, the adrenaline that had been pumping through his veins had started to fade away. That's when he realized..."...Oh shit...I'm actually in pretty bad shape," Rowan laughed in contrast to the situation. "Drugs...I need drugs," Rowan said with another worried laugh not caring at all how that sounded.

DapperCat DapperCat WolfSol WolfSol Feywild Feywild

110 PD

KjfJKTK.png

addresses: Polka Polka
mentions: Polka Polka
She let the warm droplets sear the scratches on her skin she did not know she'd attained. Closing her eyes, some residual mascara trickled down with the cleansing water. It felt good- it felt like something she definitely needed. She cleaned the rest of herself carefully with the simple and rough hand-cloths available in the little white shelving, along with just as simplistic soap.

Her thin lips pulled to a look of disappointment. But she didn't have it in her now to complain about it, it'd do. She didn't dare to touch the soles of her feet, instead opting to trust the nurses on having done a good job cleansing them before bandaging. With a sigh of slight relief, she wiped what she told herself was just the shower water, off of her cheeks.

With soft pats of her bandaged feet onto the tiles, she paced over to the little mirror hanging over the sink. At least the towels were relatively soft. She dried herself off, taking her time before fishing around to find any kind of robe. She did find three robes lined up hanging from the wall- and they looked fluffy.

She couldn't help but smile a little. A bittersweet smile, but the plush robe looked like a gift from Arceus in this terrible night. Without regard for the poor nurses, she tossed the towel to the ground and swept her arms into the white robe. With the elastic that had still barely been dangling from her thick red curls, she pulled up the mess of wet hair and bundled it as neatly as she could. Some thick locks still sprung out- but for once, that was okay.

But she wasn't okay for long. She thought she'd heard a voice and water from another shower beside her- but who knew what she could trust these days. But when a voice called out again asking if she was okay, Malyna's face immediately stiffened. Did this woman hear her cry? ...Abort. ABORT. She looked left and right, brain working a mile a minute to see about a way to make it seem like she- wasn't in fact her.

The woman's normal somewhat high-pitched commanding tone spoke out, now with a (sort of?) low, poor excuse for a man's voice; "I'm fine ma'am." Now she had to bolt. ...But she heard sniffles herself now, from the other cubicle. Malyna's ice-cold heart twitched a little, almost enough to be called 'sympathy'. almost. She just stood there awkwardly now. "Uh... are you okay ma'am?" she asked, still putting on her terrible impression of the other gender. Meanwhile mentally kicking herself in the head.

110 PD

Last edited:
Kazimir Rook
Interaction: WolfSol WolfSol LazyDaze LazyDaze DapperCat DapperCat

Listening to the stranger she now identified as Rowan and then Sam, she filled in where her saviour of an acquaintance failed, “I’m Kaz,” she supplied with a sigh, faintest of smiles quirking on her lips as Sam really hadn’t been kidding when he said he’d forget. With her hand snaking up to her bleeding arm, she quietly put pressure onto it, only wincing a little as the pain bloomed more noticeably. Nodding with thin lipped smile as she dealt with the pain in agreement with what Sam had said about Saffron before he was interrupted by a rather cheerful Chansey.

Seeing the round and huggable Pokemon emerge was the biggest relief Kaz had had the entire day, she’d worked with Chansey’s before and couldn't help but feel an instant wave of comfort wash over her at the mere sight of the it. Sparing a glance to Sam however, she frowned when he seemed tense, mouth parted in the slightest of surprise. In any other situation of someone being intimidated by a Chansey she would've laughed, but this only made her worry. She moved after the others, being stuck in a bubble that was burst when Rowan called over and beckoned her over. She stumbled as she moved too quickly, almost tripping over nothing as she forgot how tired she was whilst trying not to be left alone.

Sliding a concerned gaze onto Rowan, Kaz laughed nervously, “Have you just realised the state you’re in?” Her mouth was parted and brows knitted, her hand that’d been cupping her own wound lifted as she waved it around dramatically, realising after that it’d become bloodied and was definitely not a comforting sight. ”I don’t know what drugs you’re expecting but I hope you get them?” Looking away nervously to the ground, feeling a little spooked by his statement.

80 PD

Guy continued to remain, as he had been for most of his time in the poké center so far, a bit out of it. It was difficult to place but there was this very slight hint to his tone that he was not entirely present, continuing to ever so slowly work through the trauma of what had happened in the back of his mind. The pain inside didn't really show however, he seemed a bit high more than anything or perhaps a tad tired, strangely mellow taking into consideration all that had happened.

"Hellooo!" He replied to the man who entered. "You should get that looked at! Nurse?" He advised, before hoping to catch the attention of a nurse, seemingly ignorant to the fact that one was treating him right now. He let out another small "ow" as he was reminded of the fact that he was, in fact, still being stitched. His mind was a mess and time seemed to flow either too quickly and too frantically or at a snail pace without any middle ground in between.

This state of mind did not help when it came to dealing with the fact that he was mistaken for Tai's significant other. "Ah, we just met actually!" He replied with a subtle and mellow smile, his gaze half-lidded. The statement was followed by a pair of affirming nods, no mention of not being boyfriend or girlfriend though, or at least no outright denial. "I helped her out of Saffron, well that and others but I haven't really seen them around here. Maybe they already went to their families." Guy pondered aloud, gaze wandering the pokémon center. He knew it was unlikely but that wouldn't stop him from hoping otherwise.

"Oh yeah, I could use a shower too now that I think about it." He said in response to Tai's statement, having been out and about in the woods for the whole day before running into the situation in Saffron had rendered him both sweaty, as well as dirty, at the very least a bit disheveled. Even his hair was in a bit of a tufty mess. "I'll take one after you, I think. Enjoy!" He said, almost threatening to rip the hand that was still being stitched out of the nurse's grasp and making everything go horribly wrong before correcting himself, and instead opting to wave Tai bye with his other hand for now.

90 PD

PbWjKyM.png

Chansey was seemingly welcomed by the group-... except for the one dangerous looking fellow. The Chansey's beady black eyes drilled into Samuel, void as they were, with an empty smile on her face. Her eyes followed him all the way until all of the group had stepped through the door, which is when her stubby paw let go of it.

"Chansey!" she let out, sounding pleased.

The pink ball of a Pokémon waddled on its little legs, rushing to get ahead of the people to show them the way. When they came to a door on their right, the Chansey pushed her paws against it to open it. The room they entered into was as one would expect from a hospital. Sterile, white, without any sense of home. But there were plenty of bunk-beds present, along with a cabinet filled with med-kits.
The nurse that had been treating Tai looked bewildered a moment at her beet-red face, but turned to Guy to listen to his explanation. Both of the nurses had just finished their treatment of Tai and Guy, but one of them was already busy helping another patient. The second moved to the door, welcoming the new group.

"Come right in. Please list your known injuries in short so I know who to treat first."

She glanced over each of them, but knew very well she would not be able to see everything at a glance. With a friendly gesture she motioned to the few free bunk-beds, whilst Chansey waddled over to the cabinet with med-kits to grab one for her trainer.

Samuel Nicholson
That Chansey has it out for me at the Poke Center in Saffron.
Feywild Feywild LazyDaze LazyDaze DapperCat DapperCat Xemanorth Xemanorth
------------------------------------
Sam followed uneasily after the pink ball, having quickly averted his gaze from the Pokemon's eyes. The door swung softly, and he was met with a wall of disinfectant. A burn settled in his nose as he lingered, the Chansey having waddled off to a set of cabinets across the room. It took a moment for his eyes to adjust to the white void, and when he did, his attention lingered for a long moment on the sight of beds.

Forget alcohol. He thought. Honestly, he hadn't realized how exhausted he was. Sleep would usually be the last thing on his mind, but today's events... sleep sounded so much better than smokes and beers. Hell, it--

The middle-aged man glanced behind him, hearing the Rowan perk up with bewilderment that sounded... out of place. "... pretty bade shape." An understatement that urged Sam to give the newcomer a once over again. No shit, Sherlock.

"Drugs... I need drugs..."

A raised brow was Sam's only reply as he reset his sights on one of the unoccupied bunks. "I think druggie is the worst of us." He offered to the nurse before booking it to the bottom bed of the closest bunk. When he landed on it sideways, he sadly found that the mattress had the stiffness of a board. He didn't get up though despite the sudden discomfort on his side. Mostly because it was either the floor or the bed to hunker down in; he hadn't spotted any able-sleeping chairs in the waiting room. "I just lack a beer when it comes to injuries." The ill humor was muffled thanks to the aid of a pillow, but he lifted up from it for a second to see if his companion had followed.

She had indeed followed them. Whether it be from his position or the lighting, her wound seemed much more grievous. Maybe not as bad as the druggie--had he said his name? But the makeshift bandages had definitely not been saturated in blood. It had definitely worsened during their wild adventure. The sight of it alone concerned Sam, just a tad. Maybe he should've asked her how she'd gotten knicked in the arm, offered some help? Nah, all he would do was slap a band-aid on it and call it a day.

Speaking of days... what a hell-uvah day this had been...

"Everyone here from Saffron?" He figured it best to get that small tidbit of information out of the way. Hopefully get an idea if any of the other cities had been hit with the chaos. Sam's gaze wandered over the other man with a mop of messy, black hair in the room before settling back on the Chansey and its soulless eyes.

70 PD

LOCATION: Pokemon Centre ---------------------------STATUS: Annoyed--------------------------INTERACTION: Xemanorth Xemanorth
When the odd voice came back- Tai lifted her head from the shower cubicle wall she had been leaning on.
Who the hell was that? It was some weird muffled voice- not normal at all. This stopped Tai's tears rather instantaneously.

The voice was clearly put on, which only left Tai feeling embarrassed and confused. Any reasonable person would have just quickly responded and waited until the other person had left; but not Tai.
Grasping the towel and making a quick warp around her body, she flung the cubicle door open.
There stood another woman, the one from before who was having her feet seen to.

Tai was notoriously bad at controlling her anger, however, in this instance she opted for a passive aggressive approach(the day had really taken it out of her)... since her dominant arm was bandaged up she couldn't do much damage anyway.
Swiftly, Tai grabbed a robe from next to Malyna's. Listening carefully to other woman's awkward breathing, Tai swallowed her own insecurity at the situation- yes she had been in a vulnerable position- but so had this woman. There was no way she could use it against her.

She avoided eye contact and covered the robe around her. Then rather quickly, she shoved her clothes into the wash bag she had collected from reception. the whole atmosphere was tense and uneasy- this is what you get when you openly trust people.
The next few minutes were even worse, as Tai silently got dressed and left the bathroom- leaving the other party alone.

100 PD

ROWNAN FALKNER

Rowan nodded his head to a guy (pun intended) who appeared to be helping him. In the midst of his introduction, he couldn't help but notice the off put reactions by those around him. (Was it something I said?) He then recalled what he had previously stated, several times in fact. "Oh its n-not like that! I meant medicine...I think...,"

Rowan seemingly tried to explain to the hospital itself. He had come here to help people, but it seemed everyone was intent on getting him help even if it meant rehab at this point. He felt a little woozy, forgetting the wound on his head. He shook his head and then turned to Kaz. "Between the adrenaline and the air conditioning I kinda lost focus," Rowan said with a laugh. At the very least, there were more people than he expected. He wondered if they were all from Saffron...they certainly looked like they been through the quite the ordeal. Even if it wasn't evident physically, you could definitely see the toll that it took on their minds. Rowan slumped down into a bed since standing was beginning to become too difficult. He didn't lay down, preferring to sit instead. He tried to comprehend his own injuries as the nurse had instructed; however, it wasn't the easiest thing to do. What was he to tell her? Yeah my injury is hurt...general painful hurt.

"Nah, I'm fine now. Help the others," Rowan lied as he tried to clean himself up despite its futility. Sam asked the big question, or at least the big question he had in mind. His hand shot up, to his immediate regret as a surge of pain soon followed. He looked around to see who else was coming from Saffron. It seemed likely. "It was pretty bad down there. Tried to save as many as I could...."

Feywild Feywild WolfSol WolfSol DapperCat DapperCat Xemanorth Xemanorth

70 PD

KjfJKTK.png

addresses: Polka Polka
mentions: Polka Polka
Malyna stood frozen for a long moment, before aiming to turn around and walk towards the door leading out of the bathroom. Unfortunately- she heard a somewhat loud slam of a door.

The whole ordeal she'd gone through so far had left her rattled, and thus her brain was not working properly. She was left standing motionless in front of the door, back turned toward the woman now walking around in the bathroom.

Only complete silence surrounded the two. Malyna stayed firmly still, looking at a suddenly very interesting spot on the door, whilst she waited for-... well, what was she really waiting for? She didn't know.

But bless Arceus, Tai had mercy. The woman stepped out of the bathroom, leaving the redhead alone in her bathrobe and white plastic slippers. Her cheeks were red with embarrassment, her ears almost fuming as she wanted to sink through a non-existent hole.

After doing her best to come to terms with her own stupidity from just moments before, she smacked the knuckles of her hand into her forehead with a low; "Stupid - stupid- stupid! This whole thing has made me absolutely brain-dead!"

80 PD

Last edited:
PbWjKyM.png

The oh-so innocent, still-staring-at-Samuel-intently Chansey waddled over to one of the nurses, where after she continued her relentless interest. What seemed to be the Chansey's trainer, med-kit in hand, nodded to Sam's unceremonious mention of the 'druggie'.

Poor Rowan was met right after with a somewhat judgmental look from the nurse, who paced over as she clicked open the med-kit.
"You don't seem fine, sir. Is there any pain that you can locate?"

She put the kit down and lowered herself to her knees, eyeing the man's body for any noticeable wounds or swellings. "Dizziness? Does your head feel alright?"

Chansey remained to stand there motionless. Beady eyes drilling into Samuel even as he tried to relax. But whenever she noticed anyone else eyeing her, she smiled widely at them. Her eyes would shine and she'd let out a painfully adorable "Chansey~!"

The nurse that had tended to Pete finally got up as she finished up the stitching and bandaging of his leg. Making sure he was comfortable, she took a glance through the room. Looking to Kaz and Sam specifically.

As Tai and the nurse left Guy's presence, he regarded both with a set of nods. Though greeting the other arrivals was tempting in its own right, and something he'd likely do in any ordinary circumstances, his mind was still working throug what had happened. As such, he only regarded the others present with a wave of his hand and a curt smile, lingering where he was as he bowed his head down and allowed the air to escape out of his lungs, trying to empty his mind in tandem with the motion.

The meditative breathing didn't really help much, but Guy managed to empty his mind nonetheless, thoughts returning to exactly what had just happened. His gaze eventually raised from the floor, shifting about the area before settling on the clock. Despite it only having felt like a short moment, it had been a good while since he'd last had the time to pause, take a breather and check on the time. His mind wandered to the calm of the forest he'd been enjoying only hours before all that had happened.

The attack, the lives lost, as well as the pain in his hand all served as a reminder of just how small he was in the grand scheme of things and how little an effect he had on the rescue efforts as a whole, despite his best efforts. Maybe if he had caught and trained some pokémon he'd have stood more of a chance, more-so than simply throwing a rock anyway despite how true his aim had proven. He'd initially moved to the "big city" to pursue his dream of becoming a pokémon master, but actually living there and pursuing such a thing was not an easy task. Before he knew it, he'd settled into a quiet routine. It hadn't been enough to chase his dream but enough to get by.

Maybe, in some strange way this could prove to be a much needed wake up call. He'd taken a large step in moving out on his own and now he was more or less thrust out of it. As far as he knew, what life he'd built as humble as it may have been, he could no longer return to. Given that, and the tragedy of the lives lost, he felt a familiar tug at the core of his being that urged him to chase start chasing his dream anew. If not for himself, then perhaps to prepare for next time, should such a horrific event occur anew.

100 PD

LOCATION: Pokemon Centre ---------------------------STATUS: Over it--------------------------INTERACTION: Xemanorth Xemanorth
Tai made her way back to her bunk- to which she noticed Guy daydreaming.
There were a lot more people present now- a lot more survivors- which was comforting.

The white polycotton pants and top combo that the nurse had provided rubbed against her skin mercilessly. However, she would have to make do- as her bloodied clothes were not exactly wearable.
In the adjoining room, Tai could hear the warbles of a Chansey, the thought of which made her smile somewhat.
A truly adorable Pokémon- though Tai would never openly admit that. Though it wasn't cute enough to melt her anger from the ridiculous woman she had met in the bathroom.

As Guy continued staring into space, Tai sat down on her bed. The crisp and clean sheets provided little comfort, as her working arm grasped tightly onto the sheet. It was as if she was letting all her frustration from the Shower Block out onto the top sheet of the single clinical bed.
Perhaps now wasn't the time to take her anger out on an innocent inanimate object- but Tai continued to squeeze she sheet tightly- her leg hanging over the side, tense and alert.
If she had been alone- she probably would have let out a few choice words too.

A avalanche of aggression was exploding internally inside the young red headed woman as she sat on her bed. She could kiss her dreams of being a gym leader goodbye at this rate- all her studying up until this point had been a waste.
Now she just had to keep surviving.

90 PD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back