• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Urban Legends

Kyrie

Placing a cigarette between his lips, Kyrie watched as various people passed him on the sidewalk. Everyone seemed so busy. Meanwhile, the young man was standing with his back leaning against the front wall of a local convenience store. Kyrie knew the owner, so he rarely got bitched at for loitering. The air had been crisp, the smells of various food stands, colognes, and the streets diverged into a mess of the senses. Noises ricocheted between the buildings, from people talking to cars honking and sirens sounding off.

Kyrie wouldn't have it any other way.

Removing a lighter from his jacket pocket, the cigarette would be ignited with the flick of metal. Upon checking the time, Kyrie would find that his plug was running rather late. Some people who were contracted chose to actually make good use of their time. For Kyrie, he broke it up into pieces. Ever-so-peculiar, the young man had rituals which spanned over the past decade. Those were not to be broken, especially considering the fact that each move he made was to better his livelihood.

A few more minutes passed before a gentleman on a motorcycle came to a screeching halt, skidding into a parking spot right in front of the convenience store in the process. This man's face was never shown; he always walked around in public wearing his helmet; complete with a black visor that was impossible to see through. The man tossed a backpack into Kyrie's hands before he revved the engine back up and shot off into the depths of the illuminated city.

That part was always so easy. The money would come later.

Unzipping the backpack, Kyrie did a brief search of its contents before closing it back up and throwing it around his shoulders. At this point, the amount of alcohol he had consumed only a half hour prior had been taking its effects. Kyrie was inebriated but he was not drunk to the point of being able to control himself. The man never quite let himself get too far off kilter.

Placing both hands into his jacket pockets, Kyrie continued walking through the city. There had been a spot he had plans to show up at, one of the most popular bars that Starbright had to offer. Plenty of famous people constantly showed up, there was always a line to get in and the drinks were ridiculously overpriced. What else could you ask for?

Light hues scanned his surroundings as he crossed a busy intersection. As he bit down on his cigarette, Kyrie muttered through gritted teeth.

"Where the hell is Oni?"
Noble Scion Noble Scion

Urban Legends

• "Ugh.... where... where am I?" Diddy would wake up to find himself tied to a chair. In front of him was Leslie, though the stare he gave was rather empty.

"Who... who are you? What happened... to me?"

Interaction: D duegxybus

Briana Solo
YoungX YoungX

Briana stared to man, but nodded and taked medicine.
"Thanks, okay."
It seemed that man was only one who would give her job, and they needed money. Money that was left from their mother had ended to buy last month's food.
"You sure that this helps my sister?"

Oni Luna
060C37DF-7DD8-4994-B42F-FBFD66D15D97.png
“Yes?” The demon asked as she phased into being directly next to her contractor, her long, fire-red hair defying gravity and floating around behind her, as though she were under water. “What am I needed for today, Mr. Assassin?” Luna said in her strange echoing voice, despite them being in the centre of the city, her piercing sharp red and black eye gazing at the side of his head, her very presence being capable of sending shivers down any being’s spine with a mouth that seemed that it had never seen what a smile looked like.

The duo hadn’t been contract and contractor for that long of a time, only a week or two, and neither of them had exactly gotten used to it just yet, all she knew was that she was bound to him and shared her power with him, a bit of an unfair agreement, given that she got nothing out of it, but she supposed that it got her around the place, rather than simply waiting around in the void of the internet in her boredom. "Also, call me Luna. That's what I used to tell all my victims to call me, anyway..." she grumbled, reminiscing about her significantly more enjoyable past, despising the fact that she had been all but forgotten in the minds of the people, apart from this man, it seemed.

It almost warmed her frozen heart. Almost.

"Need a lift somewhere? Want to watch some people fall over? Because I can do either. Not because I want to, of course, just if you want to." A flicker of a devilish grin appeared as she gazed about, releasing the one named Kyrie from her terrifying gaze, padding along the stone grounds bare-foot, seemingly invisible to all of those surrounding them.

Brax Brax

Kyrie
Some things were hard to get used to.

Oni Luna appearing before him just as he had asked about her whereabouts was simply one of those things.

Chills
crept up his spine as he turned his head to look at the demon, who had been staring right back at him. The two stopped momentarily. “I should call you Luna because your victims used to call you that?” Kyrie had crossed his arms momentarily before resting his chin on the space between his thumb and index fingers belonging to his right hand. “Well... That’s rather fitting, actually. No, I don’t need a lift. Thanks to you, I can fly. I do, however, find that you could be of use. My hands will be full, after all.”

Yeah, sure. To Kyrie, there was nothing out of the ordinary about having a conversation with the demon whom he was contracted with. However, to everyone who had been walking around or nearby him, it would seem like a rather odd sight. A figure in a rather large coat, with a hood over his head dressed in all black, was having a conversation with what seemed to be air. What made matters worse, was when the demon began walking forward unexpectedly. At that point, he would momentarily seem like a man who conversed with an imaginary friend and then chased after them.

As the two neared the bar, Kyrie bypassed the entire line. When a bouncer stepped forward to place his hand on Kyrie’s chest, he would find himself suspiciously floating off the surface of the planet. It was his fault for deciding it was a good idea to put his hands on a stranger. With ease, Kyrie’s arm flung the door open to an establishment that had been packed to the brim with bodies. Kyrie’s target had been all the way in the back of the club, at the same table he was always sat at. See, this particular gentleman was a mafioso, one who had enough money to run operations out of the bar.

Kyrie had been offered enough money on the side. And he had a bag filled with the man’s drugs. There was no use trying to hide his actions. Things would undoubtedly get messy. Kyrie stopped nearby the entrance, his hands in his jacket pockets. His eyes were looking forward.

“Luna, if you don’t mind, please teach all these people what it feels like to fly.”
Noble Scion Noble Scion

After their brief and unusual introductions, Hunter left in a bit of a hurry. 'Strange.' Huck followed seconds after just in time to catch him him dash down the alley. 'Yeah, normal people do that all the time.' he whispered to himself. Huck began to tap his foot until it thumped rapidly on the ground. There was another chime from his pocket but he ignored it. Looking around the alley and seeing it was clear he leaped into the air and onto a near roof before dashing ahead towards the nightclub from above.

Then he heard the gunshots inside. 'So definitely not normal. Also, he is a crazed murderer who you met in a bathroom. Run away Huck.' he whispered to himself on the roof of the crime scene where he should not be. Huck got low and scampered to the edge of the roof before leaping back into the alley and in seconds found himself back in front if the bar. Placing his hand in his pocket and grabbed his phone. Keeping his head low he walked away checking his missed messages as his phone chimed again.

them
No! Can't you smell it? He is a predator Huck, don't tell him your name.
them
Okay, he knows your name idiot, just don't follow him down an alley. Well, you are probably going to die:ghosthalo:
them
Are you finished being an idiot?
me
I'm going home, I don't think he saw me follow him but just in case I need the quickest way back.
them
Next time don't ignore me. Check the app.

Huck turned into another alley and pulled up the GPS app. He waited for the course to be plotted, once again his foot was thumping the ground quickly. There was a ping and like a bat out of hell, he was off. In just a couple minutes he had put a mile between himself and that bar zigging and zagging through alleys and across rooftops.

At his destination he found a cab waiting. After giving his address he sat back and put a hand on his chest. His heart had begun to slow down, it always felt like a jackhammer in his chest when he was running. 'Hunter...how literal.'

Interaction: YoungX YoungX

Last edited:

• Leslie Levitt
    Upon hearing Diddy's voice, Leslie's expression turned into one that would be sure to strike fear into anyone who looked into her eyes. "I'm a private eye." Leslie crossed her arms and looked at Diddy. She didn't do anything to remove the ropes that were binding him, just yet at least.

"I'm still looking for the name of the loan shark that paid you. You really don't have to pay them back, and I can protect you legally."

YoungX YoungX

(So sorry I wasn't here for a while! Working on something new, but I'm back and active now!)

Urban Legends

• "Oh uh...," Diddy started to stutter quite a bit, as if trying to remember something. "Ugh.... I can't remember anything..." He started to close his eyes as he scrunched his brow as well. Whatever happened to him, it was clear that he is unable to remember what Leslie was looking for.

Interaction: D duegxybus

Briana Solo
YoungX YoungX

Briana nodded. She didn't know what pregnant, their mother hasn't told them that word.
"I work with you"
Briana knew that they needed that job, they where already short of food. Briana followed man.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back