• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Urban Fantasy RP|Magic is leaking into our world. We need you to plug the holes.

kaito9049

Perpetually Cold
Rule one: Magic works by binding.
Rule two: If you make the binding too strong, or bind the wrong things, things go wrong. Don't let things go wrong.
Rule three: You can use yourself as one end of a binding. But you shouldn't.
Rule four: Use magic only to protect people, or to protect magic itself.
Rule five: Break any of these rules rather than be bound by someone else.

Three years ago, an EMP-like explosion erupted in the mid-sized town of Fenton, California. Dozens died as hospitals, pacemakers, and even vehicles suddenly lost power. Officially, there was a glitch with the city's utility system. Unofficially... no one is exactly sure.

That is, except for the Arcane Conclave, a small group of United States magicians dedicated to protecting the barrier between our world and that of magic — colloquially called the Weave. They believe the explosion was caused when a hole was poked through that barrier. And recently, they've been seeing more holes. Strange creatures and arcane effects are starting to bleed through.

And a few people — very few, for now — in Fenton are finding themselves with magical abilities they have no idea to control. You're one of them. Or perhaps you're one of the humanoid magical beings that have wandered through the Barrier in the past few years. Either way, you're one of the greatest assets the Conclave could ask for right now. Or one of their greatest threats.

Notes: I've had this idea in my head for a while, and I'd love to have a handful of players run through it! I'm still working on details, but please let me know if this is something you might be interested in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back