{UPTOWN GODS} - OPEN

screaming.virgo

A bit of a mess.
ooc: Not once, not twice, BUT THREE TIMES I've managed to accidentally delete my plot overview. Please use light mode - the text is hard to read in dark mode. I'm old I'm sorry - BBCode is confusing <cry>

Here it is:

[div class=background][div class=second] [div class=topimg]
[div class=back] go back [/div][/div] [div class=border][div class=opacitybg][/div] [div class=box][div class=over]overview[/div]
In the beginning, the Gods and Goddesses of Mount Olympus ruled with prestige. But time in Olympus moves differently than it does in the mortal realm. As such, the Olympians grew out of touch with the world they presided over. A fact that caught the attention of Mother Earth herself: Gaia. She grew tired of the petty wars waged by Poseidon, Ares, and Athena. She was angry that the Olympians held grudges against each other. The final straw was the continued meddling in mortal lives; Zeus, Hera, and Aphrodite were the usual culprits, however all of them had disturbed the balance at some point. To restore this balance, Gaia sentenced the mighty Gods to mortal lives in the centre of society: New York City. They fulfilled their duties to Gaia and the Earth, unaware that they themselves were Gods through the Global Alliance for Implementing Aid (GAIA), a charitable organization aimed to balance the karmic debt the Olympians owed.

But even with out their powers,
these Uptown Gods played like Gods.

[div class=over]rules[/div]
[div class=num]1.[/div] No God-mod, no Mary-Sues, follow the RPN rules; you know the drill.

[div class=num]2.[/div] This is a bit of a bigger world (I'm sorry, I come from forum wide role play days), and it's an idea that I'm developing. Gaia (at this time) is an unplayable character, but rather a convention to push plots and events through "emails" and invitations that will be posted in an IC email chat. Your characters can communicated with other characters in between events, and feel free to create side 1x1 and small group role plays. I'll be archiving them all in the OOC thread so we can all lurk. I want to monitor, only to get a better idea of what other fun situations and chaos I can create.

[div class=num]2.[/div] I would like this to be Literate to Advanced. No one liners please, it just gives more to work with. Life happens though, so I understand if the muses aren't helping ya out. If you need to take a break, that's fine, just let us know!

[div class=num]3.[/div] I ask that all characters be 18+, just because I ask that this RP be 18+. PM me if you have an issue with this, I’m a very reasonable person.

[div class=num]4.[/div] Be considerate and have fun; if you choose to fancy code your CS, mobile friendly is nice - also, no pressure to code at all. All that matters is your character and the story.

[div class=over]links[/div]
CHARACTERS - E-MAILS FROM GAIA - OOC - PORTAL
work in progress
BBCode by: @undine
[/div][/div][/div] [div class=first] [div class=words]uptown[div class=i]gods[/div]
[div class=bottomwords]“Of all creatures that breathe and move upon the earth,
nothing is bred that is weaker than man.”
Homer, The Odyssey [/div][/div] [div class=line][div class=fimgb][div class=input] [div class=block][div class=inputwords] go forward [/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class=c]made by: @undine[/div] [script class=input on=click] slideUp 2000 first fadeIn 1000 second [/script] [script class=back on=click] slideDown 2000 first [/script] [script class=input on=mouseenter] addClass op inputwords [/script] [script class=input on=mouseleave] removeClass op inputwords [/script] [class=background]height: 400px; max-width: 600px; boz-sixing: border-box; margin: auto; position: relative; overflow: hidden; border: 1px solid #f1f1f1 [/class] [class=first]height: 100%; width: 100%; background: #978FB0; opacity: 0.99; position: relative; top: -400px [/class] [class=second]height: 100%; width: 100%; background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/aOUObcc.png); background-size:105%; background-position: 0% 30%; opacity: 1; position: relative; top: 0px [/class] [class=back]width:100%; height: 40px; padding: 20px 0px 0px 0px; margin: auto; font-weight: 700; letter-spacing: 1.5px; word-spacing: 1.5px; font-size: 13px; color: white; position: relative; top: 305px; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; cursor: pointer [/class] [class=line]height: 2px; width: 100%; background: white; position: relative; top: 130px [/class] [class=fimgb]position: relative; top: -95px; margin: auto; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); height: 180px; width: 180px; background: #fff; padding: 7px [/class] [class=input]cursor: pointer; height: 180px; width: 180px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/9L6hsnt.png); background-size: 120%; background-position: 55% 100%; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); filter: saturate(70%) [/class] [class=inputwords]height: 10px; padding: 5px 5px 10px 5px; width: 100%; display: block; background: #fff; color: #C8BFE5; position: relative; top: 85px; font-size: 10px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; text-align: center; transition: all .4s ease-in-out; opacity: 0; position: relative [/class] [class name=op]opacity: 1 [/class] [class name=words]height:100px; width: 100%; font-size: 25px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; position: absolute; color: #4D4959; top: 250px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 4.5px; text-transform: uppercase [/class] [class=topimg]height:100%; width:100%; filter: saturate(110%); transition: all .5s ease-in-out; position: relative; top: 0px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=topimg state=hover]filter: saturate(150%); [/class] [class=topwords]width:130px; height: 7%; border-bottom: 1px solid #94A12C; font-size: 12px; color: black; position: relative; top: 220px; margin: auto; font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif; font-weight: 700; word-spacing: 1px; letter-spacing: 1px; [/class] [class=bottomwords]height: 100%; width: 100%; font-size: 0.45em; text-transform: lowercase; text-align: center; font-style: oblique; top: -5px; line-height: 14px; letter-spacing: 0.2px; position: relative; top: 10px [/class] [class=border]height: 300px; width: 345px; position: relative; margin:auto; top: -371px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=opacitybg]height: 289px; width: 350px; border: 1px solid white; background: white; opacity: 0.8; margin: auto; position: relative; top: 5px [/class] [class=i]display: inline-block; font-size: 30px; font-style: italic [/class] [class=box]height: 80%; width: 90%; padding: 5px; font-size: 11px; font-family: 'Hind', sans-serif; margin: auto; position: relative; top: -265px; line-height:16px; word-spacing: -0px; overflow: auto; text-align: justify [/class] [class=over]height: 25px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; width: 100%; background: #A29BB6; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 700; text-transform: uppercase; position: sticky; top: 0px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class=num]display: inline-block; font-size: 11px; font-weight: 700 [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class]

Last edited:
I think this is amazing idea, I would love to join. :D

Heck yeah! I'm gonna start making some info.
If anyone has cool BB code that they want to contribute, send it my way! I'm no coding master, but I love working with a template. (Credits obvi - people who code are the real gods).

I am LIVING for this plot. Totally interested in maybe playing Hephaestus. Possibly Apollo? I AM CONFLICTED.

EDIT: Can I ask though, how old are you expecting these gods to be in the time of the rp and their mortal lives?

I am LIVING for this plot. Totally interested in maybe playing Hephaestus. Possibly Apollo? I AM CONFLICTED.

EDIT: Can I ask though, how old are you expecting these gods to be in the time of the rp and their mortal lives?
Thank you! I'm super excited to get into it! you should play both

Excellent question: I made Persephone 23 and I believe she'd be one of the younger olympians. I would say the "older" Olympians (Zeus, Demeter, Hera, ect) would be like 30s to 40s and the younger crop would be in their 20s. I'm happy to adjust ages once we have a full group to bounce off of.

Ohhh. You tempt me. I might just do it. xD
EDIT: I'M DOING IT. I'M APPLYING FOR BOTH.

Ah! Okie. Sounds good. I was going to make Hephaestus a little older (early to mid thirties) so that's why I'm asking. Seeing as Zeus and Hera(his parents) are between 30 and 40, would his very late twenties still be okay? EDIT: Ope. Or I could also just make the form and adjust things later as you mentioned. xD

Last edited:
Ohhh. You tempt me. I might just do it. xD
EDIT: I'M DOING IT. I'M APPLYING FOR BOTH.

Ah! Okie. Sounds good. I was going to make Hephaestus a little older (early to mid thirties) so that's why I'm asking. Seeing as Zeus and Hera(his parents) are between 30 and 40, would his very late twenties still be okay?

hell yes
Oh yeah for sure! Aphrodite is one of the out laying Gods where she came from Kronos and the Ocean, so she and Heph can be whatever age. I love that you want to play Hephaestus!!!

Don't worry too much about the parentage because they would have been rebooted in the mortal realm, we can take some liberties.

Okie. Makes sense. And thanks! I've a soft spot for him for sure. ♥

i'm uber interested, possibly athena??? but what would you consider her age range, like zeus and hera are 30-40, where would she lie? also who do you consider the young gods? i'm just curious, really interested in the whole idea!

i'm uber interested, possibly athena??? but what would you consider her age range, like zeus and hera are 30-40, where would she lie? also who do you consider the young gods? i'm just curious, really interested in the whole idea!

You know, I thought about making things a bit clearer on the character list, and I didn't. But I'm going to!

To answer your question: I would put her in the late twenties-early thirties. It's super complicated with Zeus especially because he a hoe fathered a lot of the other Gods. I would be more inclined to make them like vaguely cousin-like rather than father/child. I feel like Gaia would make sure to keep them all super close socially, so we can allude to it and try to work it out as we go a long (I hope we go far enough where they find out).

I hope that helps? It's still a messy plot, but it doesn't help that it's already such a chaotic family tree <nervous sweating>.

You know, I thought about making things a bit clearer on the character list, and I didn't. But I'm going to!

To answer your question: I would put her in the late twenties-early thirties. It's super complicated with Zeus especially because he a hoe fathered a lot of the other Gods. I would be more inclined to make them like vaguely cousin-like rather than father/child. I feel like Gaia would make sure to keep them all super close socially, so we can allude to it and try to work it out as we go a long (I hope we go far enough where they find out).

I hope that helps? It's still a messy plot, but it doesn't help that it's already such a chaotic family tree <nervous sweating>.
Awesome thanks that's what I was thinking in terms of age! This helps a lot much thanks!

Okay, until I can type out this mess, here's what I got.
I defo made Perse too young, so I'm going to make her 25.

Attachments

• GreekFamTree.jpg
    GreekFamTree.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread